Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 28 Stars ❯ Comfort ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

28 Stars
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. They won't even give me Dr. Slump. ~rolls eyes~
 
Author Notes of Spewing: Apologizes for the week delay on this chapter. I was working on my Halloween special last week, and had to get it finished in time for the big day. However, it was a plenty large one shot to keep you all occupied, I hope. Anyway, now we're back on track, I will present my warning for the fluffiness of this chapter. :goes off to hunt down the fluffy plot bunnies: Gah. It won't last forever, even if I do have to hire the terminator…or exterminator. Whichever is cheapest.
 
Finally, thank you to The Chichi Slaughter House for beta'ing.
 
 
Chapter 8. Comfort
 
Goku watched as, yet again, Vegeta disappeared into a puff of smoke, leaving a single body on the ground once more. He looked to the horizon, only to realise the sun was unmoving, the glow of red light upon them constant. How long had he been here watching and helping the prince?
 
Despite Vegeta's initial success at splitting, he still hadn't made any progress in actually controlling his two bodies, not at all touching upon getting them to move in separate sequences, resulting in two mirror images moving in mimicking sequences instead. And that is only until one disappeared as Vegeta's concentration waned, at best lasting for only half a minute. After the first few attempts, things had ceased to get better. It was all too clear to Goku the prince was getting wound up, his actions becoming jerkier, so him trying to split was an exercise in futility. Which of course made him even angrier, and so on. By this point, Vegeta's tail was lashing out behind him like some kind of angry creature, the fur bristled and his teeth were gritted in frustration.
 
“Damn it!” Vegeta got to his feet, standing ready to split again.
 
Goku stepped forward, grabbing a clenched fist in his hand. “Vegeta…I think you ought to take a break. Training and practicing is one thing, but even I can't say you are making progress. Look at yourself.” Goku released his fist. “You're just making yourself angrier Vegeta, and you cannot focus like that.”
 
Vegeta glared at him, stuttering as he tried to formulate an argument, despite realising the other's words were true, since he wasn't getting anywhere like this. He folded his arms, turning side on to Goku, his tail flicking up into position around his waist, irate because the other Saiyan was right. Goku watched him, smiling despite the prince's stubbornness
 
“Fine then Kakarot.”
 
Goku let out a sigh of relief. “You just have to focus. It takes awhile to control two bodies, after all. You seem to still be acting as if it were only one, even though they need to be controlled separately.”
 
Vegeta glanced at him, frowning, but giving a sullen nod. “Fine.” The tip of his tail twitched in his agitation, frustrated at having to give up in front of Kakarot, let alone having to let the man instruct him. He wanted to prove himself to him, not be coddled.
 
Goku released his grip on Vegeta's hand, rubbing his thumb over the material of the glove, looking down into his eyes with a small smile. “We have all the time we need to train, Vegeta.” He motioned at the still sky. “See?”
 
Vegeta nodded; still upset at his failure as he pulled his hand from Goku's hold, turning away from him, allowing Goku to see his profile, bathed in the red sunlight, casting shadows across his handsome face. Goku couldn't help himself as he reached up, stroking his cheek as he stepped closer to Vegeta, making the prince recoil in surprise, looking up at him.
 
“I know you'll do it in the end Vegeta.” He leaned in, their noses almost touching. “I know you will. I mean you always do eventually…”
 
Vegeta looked up into his eyes, almost overwhelmed by the level of belief that shone from them, only to have his own slide shut as lips descended upon his once more. Vegeta's tail swished behind him as he responded with fervour. Yet he still could barely catch up with what was happening, not that he was complaining however. No human could ever match up to him in any way at all, not after the iron will of his last partner, and furthermore, he doubted he'd be able to stand losing another, so he hadn't had a partner for years. Better live alone and spare himself that pain, now he knew how long it took to heal.
 
His thoughts were dismissed as the other Saiyan's tail wrapped around him, shivering at the feel of fur through the thin material of his shirt, before the tip sneaked under the hem, brushing his skin, pausing as the owner pulled back, his tail snapping behind him. Goku looked at him, somewhat embarrassed by his tail as it moved of its own accord, as it finally settled for wrapping about Vegeta's thigh as it had earlier.
 
Goku's gaze averted from Vegeta, who looked at him, face blank to hide his reaction, and travelled down to his own tail, only to see Vegeta's own coil about his, the tip flicking in satisfaction. He trembled, feeling the fur of Vegeta's rub against his own, looking up into the smirking face.
 
“Was there something Kakarot?” Vegeta nodded towards his thigh, eyes glinting.
 
Goku swallowed, managing to uncoil his tail from the prince's thigh, although Vegeta's still remained wrapped around his appendage, give lazy squeezes and ruffling against his fur. He looked around him, frowning a little at the wilderness.
 
“Come on Vegeta. Let's go somewhere…less bare…” Goku suggested, toeing a small rock around with disinterest.
 
Vegeta shrugged, uncaring. “Whatever Kakarot. It's all the same to me.” He crossed his arms over his chest, looking over at Goku with impatience.
 
Goku furrowed his brow in concentration, before the landscape evaporated, leaving them standing in the orange space of dragonballs, where Goku's door soon appeared. Pulling a reluctant Vegeta with him, Goku entered the corridor once more, looking over the doors, whilst Vegeta extracted himself from the other's grip, glaring at the wallpaper with distaste. Realising the attachment, Vegeta unravelled his tail from Goku's, shivering a little at the loss, stepping closer to him, as he decided upon a door. Goku's tail swung behind him, content in the proximity of the volatile prince. He leaned forward, grasping a door handle and pushing inwards, the door swinging open into a dark space, stepping in with the prince close in tow.
 
Goku trembled as he stepped forward, he hand reaching for Vegeta's as he did so, only for the prince's hand to clasp around his as he too stepped forward, standing proud beside Goku, even though he was, for the large part, obscured in the dark. The only thing to illuminate them was the crescent moon that hung overhead, bathing a dim light white light upon the pair.
 
“What is this place Kakarot?” Vegeta asked; tail swishing through the air behind him.
 
Goku just leant down, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him close, as his other arm waved out into the darkness; bring a section of floating paper lanterns alight. Vegeta blinked, as the colourful lanterns emitted dim light, apparently from candles as they flickered, floating in the air above them at random. Their light illuminated trees, unlike those from Goku's earlier haunt, for these were normal sized, and bore pale pink blossoms. Underneath the laden boughs there were park benches, ornate with twisting metal painted back, giving a dull shine under the dim light.
 
Vegeta raised an eyebrow as he glanced up at the trees. “Pink, Kakarot?”
 
Goku grinned at him. “They're just blossoms Vegeta. I thought this would be a nice place…it is a bit like somewhere I liked on Earth.” Goku sighed, scratching the back of his head. “All those years ago…”
 
Vegeta looks at him with cynicism. “Are you trying to tell me this place had floating lanterns too?” A smirk of amusement flashed across his face, the light of the flickering candles illuminating him for a brief instant.
 
Goku shook his head, letting out a quiet chuckle of amusement, pulling Vegeta closer. “Well, I have my modifications.” He held Vegeta, his tail coiling around his waist in a loose grip. He leaned down, face nestling in the crook of Vegeta's neck as he inhaled his scent, the prince relaxing and wrapping an arm over Goku's shoulder, the hand stroking over the material on his back. The taller Saiyan gave a soft purr of content, appreciative of the prince's company, even if his attitude remained. Maybe that was one of the reasons he liked him, after all, Vegeta certainly seems to find some of his… less desirable… behaviour amusing.
 
“Do you miss it?” Vegeta's voice whispered to him, hesitant to speak in the silent darkness.
 
“Miss what?”
 
“Earth. Your home…your family… your foolish human friends.” Vegeta sneered the last few words out, his distaste for the humans yet to be eroded, despite his tolerance he'd built up over the years.
 
Goku nodded against Vegeta, smiling a little at the tone of his voice. Some things would never change. “I suppose I do… but things have to move on. They have, and so should I. I'll always miss them, but some things I have to let go. Some people have new lives to be getting on with and they'll be fine without me.”
 
“You mean they have moved on from the Otherworld?” Vegeta asked as Goku pulled back, nodding.
 
“It has been years, so many of them probably have.” He replied, stepping away and releasing Vegeta. Goku looked away, his expression lost in the darkness thanks to the lanterns as they shifted around.
 
Vegeta sighed in resignation, leaning against a tree, one leg hooked over the other and arms crossed. That would mean the same for many of his own relatives; maybe even his children, if he stayed here too long. How could he stay too long in a place that had no time? Or any genuine physical boundaries… He gave himself an internal shake, the prospect of time travelling outside unnerving him; it could be decades before he was to emerge from this place, if at all, or it could be days. He had no idea how fast time travelled outside of this place; what seemed like minutes here could be months outside, or even vice versa.
 
Goku stepped to the bench, sitting down on the side nearest Vegeta, ignoring the feeling of cold metal biting through his clothes as he watched the other Saiyan, who appeared to be concentrating on something else. He smiled as a few blossoms fell unnoticed onto Vegeta's hair, before tumbling down, making him blink in surprise. Goku chuckled, motioning Vegeta to sit next to him on the bench, inching over so Vegeta could sit on the metal he'd warmed. The prince scowled, batting away the blossoms with the back of his hand and some violent swipes of his tail, snorting in his aversion, stepping out from under the tree.
 
“Why did you bring me to this place Kakarot?” Vegeta glared at the falling pink blossom as he sat down next to Goku. “Damn flowers…”
 
“Blossoms, Vegeta.” Goku corrected.
 
“Whatever. I still hate them.”
 
Goku didn't bat an eyelid at Vegeta's words as he leant on the bench armrest, smiling at him, more amused by his behaviour than anything, he was so used to it. It was nice to have the old Vegeta around. Vegeta folded his arms, glancing away from the blossoms to Goku, the other Saiyan smiling straight at him. Happy moron as per usual…despicable, that he could be that cheerful and yet crawl under his skin so far. He shouldn't be as pleased to see that smiling face as he really was, he felt he should be pounding it into a meaty pulp, not kissing it. Where had the hatred faded? Nonetheless, was he better off without it? He knew for sure he was happier, although only time would tell whether that would last.
 
Leaning against the other Saiyan's broad shoulder, surprising him in the process, Vegeta dismissed the thought, reaching around and pulling Goku's arm around himself. Goku stuttered in surprise as Vegeta pressed closer to him, feeling the warmth of his breath through his gi. This would still take some time to get used to. Even though the prince was still as antisocial as ever, his swings in mood had an additional level of unpredictability to them, although Vegeta seemed to have taken a liking to his presence. That itself was a new thing, despite how much he liked the prince, he'd never shown anything positive in return- unless he beat him at something of course. A tail wrapped around his waist, giving a gentle tug to try and catch his attention as Vegeta looked up, a teasing smirk traced over his face.
 
“Is Kakarot there?” Vegeta's voice was as smug as ever.
 
Goku blinked, grinning awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head with his free hand. “Hey Vegeta.”
 
Vegeta rolled his eyes as the other Saiyan gave him a cheesy smile, before squeaking in surprise as he was pulled onto his lap, strong arms around his waist whilst his own went to Goku's shoulders, clutching him to keep his balance. The larger Saiyan's tail snaked around his thigh as it had before, the thick fur rubbing at Vegeta through his outfit.
 
Goku smiled at him. “How're you doing there?”
 
Vegeta scowled at him, annoyed at being taken by surprise, only to have the look wiped off his face as the other pulled him down into a kiss, the other's tongue flicking over his lower lip, teasing him into granting entrance. He trembled under the assault of the other, hands kneading his shoulders as his tail released Goku and waved out behind him in excitement. Goku pulled him closer, so Vegeta was pressed flush against him, the length of the prince's body moving with a need to be closer, writhing against him. Vegeta shook, turning from his side-on position to straddle Goku's lap, pressing their chests together, feeling the heat of the other Saiyan as his hands crept from his shoulders, bunching in the material over his chest.
 
Goku gave a soft whine of complaint as they broke the kiss, Vegeta's eyes glittering at him through the darkness, the prince's hands relaxing their grip and stroking over his chest, causing him to shiver with delight. He wanted to touch Vegeta more, feel his skin, inhale his scent and taste him. He pulled Vegeta's hips tight against his own body, causing the prince to release a soft moan when he felt the friction against his growing arousal, his hands threading up into Goku's hair, pulling him down and whispering into his ear.
 
“Let's take this somewhere a little more comfortable, Kakarot.” Vegeta purred, his tongue tracing over the lobe of his ear.
 
A shiver running through him, Goku needn't be told twice, the pair disappearing from the bench.