Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own it.

~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

Orange Star High School

Senior Year

~Lunch~

"What are we doing this weekend?" Bulma asked her friends as they sat outside at one of the picnic tables. It was only a month into the school year, but emotions were running high. The guys had made it into the Football team, and to be honest, without the schools team would suck. It turned out that they became the popular clique in school. And they were happy the way it was. Goku and Chichi were still dating, and Eighteen and Krillin had been dating for two years now. Bulma and Vegeta weren't dating, but they had been best friends sine they had met at the party.

Bulma had been dating Yamcha for some time, but he complained that she spent too much time with Vegeta and broke up with her. Vegeta encountered the same problems with his girlfriends. Yet, they both said that they were best friends and nothing.

"Well, I thought that after the game we could go clubbing." Krillin replied. He had no doubt that they would win this game. It had become a tradition that the six of them would spend their weekends together. There was no separating them. True, they fought, but they always were reunited by the weekend. They would die without each other.

"Yea, how about this new club down Fifth Street. What's the name again?" Bulma asked.

"I think it's called Marill's. It's supposed to be a great place." Goku replied. Everyone looked dumbfounded at Goku.

"Kakkarot, since when do you know about such things?" Vegeta asked irritated.

Goku put a hand behind his head and laughed nervously. "Well, I read it in the paper."

"Goku, what's gotten into you? Are you sick?" Chichi stated fussing over, afraid that her boyfriend might be coming down with something.

He swatted her hand away. "No Chichi. We had to read it for Economics, alright!"

Everyone sighed. "So do we agree on Marill's for Friday night?" Eighteen looked around and found her five friends nodding in approval. "Alright it's settled then." Bulma said cheerfully.

"Hold your horses woman." Vegeta said and smirked at her. She gave him a confused look.

"What? Don't you wanna have fun?" She really didn't what her was talking about.

"Of course I do, but you promised me something." He said with a twinkle in his eye.

"We can still work your research paper on Saturday morning." "Not if you're too tired to move."

Suddenly 18 and Krillin started sniggering.

"What's so funny?" Bulma and Vegeta asked in unison. This only made the laugh harder.

"You guys are. We were just wondering when you guys were gonna get married. To each other." Eighteen said in between laughs. Bulma simply huffed and Vegeta growled.

"Mind your own business." Vegeta didn't like it one bit when people made remarks about him and Bulma. Yes, they liked each other, but not like THAT. Why could people not understand that his best friend happened to be a girl? They had the other sleeping over each weekend for four years now, and never ever did anything happen. True they cuddled, but that's because it was just comfier.

With that Vegeta sighed at looked at his watch. It was almost time for their afternoon class. He'd be home in a few hours. They could decide plans for the weekend on the phone. Well, maybe Bulma would come over and they could study together. She lived only ten minutes from his house. They could do that. *Well, I'll let her decide for this time. I don't feel like fighting right now.* With that thought he leaned over to her ear and whispered:

"I don't feel like dealing with those morons right now, and it's almost time for class anyway."

"Umm, ok, so how about you call me after practice? Maybe we can study together." Bulma suggested wisely. She liked spending time with Vegeta. He was a lot different around her than he was with other. True, he always kept his style, always wore black-and did he look hot in it-but he could be just a nice guy around her.

"Alright I'll call you at six then." Just as these words passed his lips, the bell for the next class rang.

"OK, see you then." He gave her a small smile and a squeeze and turned to the rest of the gang, who were already in another conversation.

"See you later, morons." He snarled grabbed his backpack and was out the door.

"What was that about?" Asked a very confused Chichi. Bulma sighed. "Nothing Chichi, nothing."

"Hey, do you girls want to go shopping tomorrow?" Eighteen asked as if she had the best idea of the century.

"I suppose I could use a pair of new sneakers." Bulma said thoughtfully.

"Yea, and I could use a dress for the club. You know how it is in new clubs. If you don't wear the latest fashion, they won't let you in." Chichi said snobbishly. ( AN: is that a word?)

The girls where on their way to class and decided to ask their parents for permisson first. Last time they went on a shopping spree, Bulma got grounded for a week because here parents didn't know that she went shopping with her dad's credit card. In fact, he thought it was stolen. Oh the drama! ~Bulma's house, 6 pm~

Bulma sat at her desk, doing her homework. It had been a stressful day. She had a Spanish Test today, and there would be an English Lit. paper due tomorrow. She was almost done with that though. It was hard to believe that it was her Senior year already. It made her sad. She would have to go to college, away from her friends, well maybe her and Eighteen could go to the same college, but the others had different interest. She knew for sure however, that her and the gang would always be there for each other.

RING RING

"Moshi Moshi!"

"Hey, what's up?" A dark voice on the other side of the line replied.

"Hey, Veggie-chan , how was training?" Bulma asked in her normal cheerful way.

"Don't call me that, woman." He grumbled.

"You know you like it." The was a growl on the other side. Bulma laughed.

"So tell me how training was already." She told him.

"It was fine. Do you want to come over? We could do homework together." He suggested. Bulma thought for a second before responding.

" I don't know. Did you take a shower already?" He laughed. "Of course I did. I don't like reeking like some racoon." After a second he sniggered. "Are you still not over that?"

"Well, you could have told me to wait til you were finished changing!" She was beet red now, and thanked every God that would listen to her that he couldn't see her face. Vegeta was still laughing.

"Don't pretend you didn't like it."

Bulma sighed. "You and your big ego."

Vegeta snorted. "You wouldn't want it any other way, and you know it."

"Even if that is so, Vegeta, your ego is too big for it's own good." This made Vegeta smile. "I know, woman." "I have a name, you know?" "So do you wanna come over, WOMAN?" He rolled his eyes. How many times did they have this conversation, and came to the same conclusion?

"ARGH! You'll never learn, but yea, I could come over." After a pause. "So are you staying here over the weekend? She asked casually.

"Well, it might actually be better if you stayed at my place, you my PC is here. And I really need your help on that paper." He said thoughtfully.

"My parents are out of town."

"I'll get my dad's laptop." He replied quickly.

She laughed. Rolling over on her bed, Bulma picked up a picture of her and the gang taken in their Sophomore year. She sighed. He fingers touched Vegeta's face. He had his smirk plastered on his face and one arm around her shoulder. He really was her best friend.

"Are you ok?" Vegeta asked from the other side. He heard her sigh and wondered what she was thinking about, while he was surfing on the net, looking for new PC games.

"Yea, I'm fine. I just thought about how long it's been since we started this." She said in a content voice.

Vegeta smiled and let go of the mouse. " I know, it's been a few years. You know.I really wish we didn't have to go to college."

Bulma thought about that statement for a second. "Well, you could always visit on the weekends."

"The whole gang will do that you know. Well never be able to get rid off them."

Bulma had to laugh. "Oh, Vegeta! You know you like them!"

"Maybe." With that he looked at his watch. It was already 6:15 pm. "You better come over now, or you'll never be able to leave again. I need a lot of help."

"Alright, I'll be over in 10." She said and picked herself up from the bed.

"Make it five and I'll drive on Friday." He said smugly.

"Fine. I'll see you in 5." With that she hung up and made her way to his house.

~*~*~*~*~*

That was the first chapter! Ok, you guys, there was not much happening here, but be aware that this is just the beginning!

Until next time!

~Love SilverMoon

REVIEW