Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All About Us ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. I wouldn't mind owning Vegeta, but he is not a person to be owned. IF anyone did own him, it would be Bulma. (lucky woman) .

On with the story...

*...* thoughts

~*~*~*~*

~Veggie's place~

*11.30*

Vegeta sighed. They had been working on this for hours now. True, they were making progress, but it was late. Bulma had been working with him ever since she arrived, but he could see that she was worn out by now. Her usual composure was gone. She sat slightly slumped over instead of sitting in her straight-backed, attentive way. How he admired her for her friendship. Anytime he needed her, she would help him. And there was only one way for him to repay her right now.

"Go to sleep." She had deserved herself some rest. It was a good thing that he had called her parents earlier to inform them of her whereabouts. He told them that they would be working late, and that they might not notice her coming, but not to worry. Now he was convinced that he would just let her sleep here instead of waking her in the middle of her slumber to take her home.

"I'm not going to sleep while you are working. I told you I would do this with you and that's how it's going to be." Bulma was always true to her word. That's what he liked about her. But there were times when it was better for her to just give in to his requests of retreat. Oh well, he would just have to trick her.

"Ok, then take a nap. I'll wake you when I'm done and take you home." Maybe she would fall for this...

"NO." Or maybe not. The finality in her voice was unmistakeable. He couldn't do anything about it. He sighed.

"Fine. Let's get back to work then." Once more he glanced at the girl next to him. She looked so tired, but she was too proud to admit defeat.

*Sort of like me.*

After another hour and a half Bulma finally fell asleep over the work. They were almost done, which was a good thing. He could finish himself from here. He gently took her in his arms and carried her over to the bed. There he sat her down and tucked her in, careful not to wake her. When he was about to go back to work he found himself restrained. He looked down and saw his wrist captured in her small hand.

"Stay."

Afraid that he had woken her his eyes shot up to her face. He emitted a small sigh of relief when he found that she was still sound asleep. And her request ...It was such a simple request, yet so impossible to do. He had to finish the project. Bulma would be disappointed if he didn't. They had worked so hard and had gotten so far, now wasn't the time to give up. As he noticed that her grip was so tight that he couldn't pry her hand off of him. As if it meant her death if she let go. Vegeta sat down on the bed next to her. His captured hand was supporting his body and rested next to her side. With his other hand he caressed her face. Instinctively she cuddled into his hand. At this he chuckled a bit.

"Hey, let go. I have to finish the project." He found her relaxing on her death grip, yet not enough for him to get up and leave her on the bed.

"I'll be back in a few." His words sounded reassuring, and she did finally let go of his wrist. He gave small smile. With that he stood up and leant over. He quickly kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll be right back."

~*~*~*~*

~ Thursday evening, Chichi's house~

"Oh my God, Chichi! That dress is so gorgeous on you!" Eighteen couldn't stop fawning over the dress Chichi had found at Limited today at the mall. It was beautiful dress. It went to mid-thigh, and the top tied around the neck. It was a deep red in colour, which accented her lips perfectly. It didn't show too much cleavage, but that didn't mean you couldn't see it. The dress sat to snugly on her that you could imagine her every curve. In a sense you saw everything, yet nothing. Just the way Chichi liked it. Eighteen had been talking about how good it looked on Chichi ever since they found the dress, which was five hours ago.

"Eighteen, I think she gets the point." Bulma said somewhat agitated. She did enjoy shopping with her friends, but she was downright tired. It had been a long day-and the long night before didn't help it either.

"Gee Bulma, what's wrong with you?" Now, Eighteen was getting a little angry. There was no reason for Bulma to be like that. She found pretty clothes herself. Was all this girl ever thought about the attention she got from others? But who would ever understand that girl?

"Look, I'm sorry. It just was a really long night yesterday, and I need to catch up on some sleep."

Chichi frowned at this statement. She hated it when Bulma got one of hr inventing hypes an ignored her body's needs. It was unnerving to know that she would push herself like this. But she seemed more tired that usual. What has this girl been up to lately?

"You aren't getting sick are you? And have you been doing that has you that tired?" As soon as Eighteen heard the word sick she started running in search for a thermometer. She was kind of weird that way. But the word that escaped Bulma's lips next, made both Chichi and her stop in their tracks.

"Vegeta." Although she only mumbles this, her friends had heard her and could only reply in one way.

"WHAT??"

Suddenly Bulma turned a deep shade of crimson.

"Oh my God! Not like this! EW, how disgusting!" She gave her friends a dirty look.

"We were doing homework. You guys really have to get it straight."

Eighteen and Chichi looked at each other and said in unison.

"Homework. Yea, right."

Bulma sighed. Why did her friends insist on this silly idea of Vegeta and her being more than friends? Sure, they shared a bed more than once, but that didn't mean they did anything besides sleeping next to each other. If Vegeta just learned to do his homework on time...but he couldn't. He wasn't stupid or lazy-he just tended to procrastinate. Chichi and Eighteen would never understand that. It was better if she went home.

"Guys, I have to catch up on some sleep. I better get going."

It was a cheap way out of this conversation, but Chichi went along.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yea, see you then." With that she was on her way out of the door. The last thing she heard was Eighteen yelling a "sweet dreams" after her.

~*~*~*~*

~Friday morning, School~

Krillin was walking on his way to the school's entrance in search for Goku, when he spotted Vegeta standing on top of the stairs looking for someone.

"Hey Vegeta!"

"What's up Kril?" Vegeta replied without taking his eyes of the parking lot. He was watching every single car that drove up.

"What are you waiting for, man? Or should I rather ask who?" Krillin loved to tease Vegeta about these kind of things, but today his victim didn't feel in the mood for Krillin's games.

"Mind your own business." Was the stern reply. Vegeta still had yet to face Krillin.

"Ahh, let me guess. You're waiting for Bulma." Vegeta was starting to get angry now. Why did this moron always bring her up?

"And what if I am?"

"Well, I could understand if you like her. I mean, you are always together and all..."

"Just shut up Krillin. She's my friend and only that. Yes, I am waiting for her, but that's because he has something important to give to me." Vegeta was loosing it now. These idiots. Always in this stuff involved.

"Yea, she's got something for you. And what would that be? I mean, you do share a bed with her once a week. We all know that, but how can you..." This was going to stop now. No one said stuff like that about him or Bulma.

"Listen, for the last time: She's my friend. And yes we share a bed when the other stays over. And hell yes, She's gorgeous. BUT that does not mean that I would stoop so low and even think of her that way." There was an awkward pause after that.

"I'm sorry, Vegeta. I wasn't thinking."

"You can think?" A familiar voice behind them asked. Krillin gulped and Vegeta sweatdroped.

"H-hey Bulma." Krillin was praying that she didn't hear any of this.

"What's going on?" She asked. Both guys sighed. She hadn't heard them.

"Nothing. Krillin was just leaving." Vegeta gave the short boy an evil glance and focused on this girl, or should I rather say woman, before him.

"Did you bring it" He asked her quickly. Bulma could only laugh at his tone.

"Did I ever disappoint you?" Vegeta took a moment to think this over.

"I guess not. So, can I have it?" She laughed again and handed him a pile of paper.

"Here you go." After a while hw asked:

"Are you coming today? For the game?"

"Would I ever miss my best friends' game? NO. I'll be there. Besides, we're going to the club tonight, remember?" Oh, she loved clubs.

"Right. Just don't overdo it. You'll need all the energy tomorrow." He said with a devious smirk.

"Why, I thought we're working on that project? Did you plan something else?" She really wanted to know what he meant, but he was never one to give things away.

"You'll just have to wait and see." With that he turned around and walked towards the building. After a few meters though, he stopped.

"By the way", he yelled her way, "thanks for beta reading this." And he continued walking.

Bulma stood dumbfounded *Did he just thank me?*

~*~*~*~*

That's it for this chapter! I bet you all thought they were gonna kiss! But NO!! They still have some time until then! I hope you guys liked it! The next chapter is gonna be at the club!

Don't forget to review! Review = Chapter Update

If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, feel free to address them in a review or email me! Email- silverrain145@yahoo.com

Til next time!

Luv, SilverMoon

R E V I E W