Fan Fiction ❯ 15 Honeydew Lane ❯ The pigeon and ther letter ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Chapter 8 - The pigeon and the letter
 
Later that night Nicolai was asleep. Than suddenly he awoke to the sound of someone calling him at his window. “Nicolai Fischer,” “Who's there?” he asked. He waited quietly but no one answered, it was then he noticed Edgar awake and growling fiercely.
 
“Somebody was at the window,” he said cautiously, “I just heard it a minute ago.”
 
“I did too, was it a burglar?” Nicolai asked
 
“I'm not sure, but I thought I heard somebody calling out to you and I think they fell in the bushes in the backyard.”
 
“Are you sure it wasn't Lucy, I've seen her climb the trellis.”
 
“No, she's in your Mom and Dad's room tonight.” “I better see what's up then.” Nicolai got up and went to the window. At first he saw nothing, and then he heard some rustling in an old chestnut tree.
 
“You're right Edgar, someone is out there.”
 
After a lot of rustling and grunting in the tree, a pigeon wearing a black fedora hat appeared. “It's a pigeon, wearing a hat.”
 
 
“What, a pigeon?” asked Edgar looking puzzled.
 
“Honestly, all I'm trying to do is deliver a message, and your dog nearly gave me a heart attack.” snipped the pigeon.
 
“I'm sorry if you're hurt,” Nicolai said, “but you must admit that coming through a person's window in the dark of night is suspicious.”
 
“I guess you're right,” said the pigeon, “ I would've come earlier but I got caught up.
Anyway, now that I'm here there's an important message I have to give you.”
 
“Wait a minute,” said Nicolai, “you were the voice calling out to me from my window.”
 
“That's right.” Replied the pigeon
 
“…So, then you know—”
 
“Yes, I do know the answers you seek.” replied the pigeon. The pigeon then gave Nicolai an envelope with a fancy seal on it. “Read this, and come to the library tomorrow,” with that the pigeon flew off into the night.
 
“I wonder what this is.” Nicolai asked himself as he opened the envelope. He folded out a letter and read it aloud.
 
Dear Nicolai Fischer
 
Since you're arrival in Highland City, you've noticed that many animals inhabit the city, and they walk and speak just as humans. You've also noticed your own family pets have spoken to you.
 
Above all I want you to know that you are not going crazy, and that every human who comes to live and work here is given this same type of letter.
 
Please come to the library you passed by today on the corner, and only bring Edgar with you. I can tell you the rest there.
 
Sincerely
Harold V. Broadtail
P.S: Once in the library, look for the yellow door near a fake palm tree and knock four times fast.
 
“So there is a reason for all this.” Edgar said sounding intrigued. “Yeah, but I wonder if I'm ready to hear it.” Nicolai thought. Meanwhile, the pigeon had flown into a small window in the library on the corner.
 
He flew through the shelves of books and landed in front of a yellow door. He pecked at the door with his beak four times fast. “Sir I've returned.” said the pigeon.
 
“Did you deliver the letter to Nicolai Fischer?” asked a voice on the other side of the door.
 
“I have, he'll definitely come tomorrow.” said Unagi
 
“Excellent, come on in. we have much to discuss.” said the voice again. The door then opened ajar and the pigeon flew inside, then door then closed behind her.