Fan Fiction ❯ The Light of destany ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sky: hm, okay, one more thing, dream squencing, I think that it needs to be separated from current events with italics…
<=}~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`<`',=;
 
Destany walked through a field of flowers, with a lake to her right and a forest to her left, where the trees were in bloom with flowers. A gust of wind blew her hair across her face, turning her eyes to the lake where she saw her reflection and another standing beside it, though she couldn't grasp who it was. She brushed her hair back behind her ear and looked to her side, making sure that there was no one there before she kneeled and leaned down to get a better look. Her face leaned closer to the water, able only to make out the figure beside her as a blur; when suddenly a scaled, rotten, boney hand reached out from the water and pulled her under so that she was face to face with the beast, a lupine, obviously, but something was wrong with it. Its eyes were missing, the skin falling off of its carcass in some places in others there was only bone left, the muscle and skin completely missing from that area, and its breath stank with the ransid smell of rotting fleash and organs. The sight caused her to jolt, and swim frantically away from the lupine only to no aval. A golden hand reached down and grabbed her from the lupine's grasp, and soon, she fond herself in Inari's arms again, out of breath.
 
“ `What's wrong young one?'” Inari spoke to her. “ `I know that a wyrm tainted creature can be frightening, but they leave us alone for the most part, you'll see what I mean later. '” Destany squirmed in Inari's arms. “What…what did it want with me?” Inari closed her eyes and sat the girl down. “ `You'll have to be shown some other time Destany.'”
 
The voice echoed and changed, becoming that of Ceso's voice. `Destany…Destany…It's your shift…wake up…' The girl only managed to stir in her sleep slightly, her lips parting slightly. Ceso raised an eyebrow at this movement and looked up to her ears, beginning to scratch behind them. Destany whimpered slightly and purred, which only caused a smile to appear on Ceso's face. Slowly he stopped scratching her ear and shook her again, managing to rid himself of the smile. `Destany!' This caused the girl to jolt up, covering herself immedately with the blanket. “Wha-, oh, hello Ceso…” she yawned slightly, reaching up with one hand to cover her mouth. “My turn to watch and your's to sleep?” The male only nodded slightly, the smile returning. “Well then let me get dressed…go outside to wait, I'll knock when I'm ready.”
 
Slowly Ceso obeyed, only half thinking that Destany would go back to sleep, but soon enough the knock came to the door, and he switched places with her, laying on top of the blanket and thinking about what he had just done and seen, slowly drifting off into a deep sleep. Destany stood outside the door, thinking as well and looking herself over, only to find several scars that shouldn't have been there, this went on for most of the night, since they were to be off at dawn.
 
<=}~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`<`',=;
 
Sky: that's all for this time…