Fan Fiction ❯ The Light of destany ❯ Seperation ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sky: Buckle up, cause here we go, I think I'll skip the disclaimer for once.
 
Wydro: A Curse upon you mother!
 
Deloi: Come now brother, must you be so negative?
 
Wydro: Yes I must Deloi.
 
<=}~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`<`',=;
 
The sun soon rose outside the window, and Ceso laid in bed staring at the ceiling as he awaited Destany to come attempt to awaken him. Soon enough the heavy door swung open and his eyes shifted to it as it was pushed closed. Quietly he blinked slightly, `Ready to go Destany? `. The child's form appeared before him. “Not quite…I would like you to do something for me…since I can not see my back on my own…last night I had a dream, and when I woke up I had several more scars on my body.”
 
A tilt of the head was given at Destany's words. `You mean that you want me to check your back for scars that weren't there before? How am I to know which ones were there and weren't there before? `. The girl sighed slightly. “Never mind then…lets just go…hopefully we'll be up to the cloud before dark…” The girl disappeared again and Ceso stood up, walking over to the door and opening it with a sigh before disappearing from the room, closing the door when he felt Destany pull on his sash. Then they began their long climb up the five large flights of stairs.
 
Five sets of stairs later they stopped to rest, just sitting down to relax for a little while. It was about noon by a human's calender, and they were both starting to get hungry. Ceso was the first to stand up and walk over to the door that lead outside, to make sure the coast was clear. What he came upon was something wonderful, a lush, green forest like enviroment with a lake over on the far edge. This lake was foggy for a moment, then the fog lifted, no longer as fog, but as a cloud, the cloud split in two from the top, creating a blank rainbow, or a rainbow with no colors, only white. Another cloud came up and shook colors from itself, coloring the rainbow, and slowly the cloud hosting the now colored rainbow floated away. Ceso motioned to Destany as the cloud went back over to the lake and submerged itself. “What is it?” She said loudly, and was immediately hushed by Ceso. `Shh quiet…` his voice was a whisper as he let her out first. `The cloud you seek is in the lake as we seek, but be cautious, the queen will be here to take her bath soon, and you are not yet ready to take her on.` She nodded and continued on her way, walking over to the lake and removing her harp from thin air, setting everything down and sitting at the edge of the water. “Hm…” She looked over the items she had with her, and shook her head, slowly tossing a small pebble into the water, to her surprise, it was thrown right back at her.
 
“Hey!” She caught it quietly, and set it onto the water, leaving her hand there. A Blue furred hand pushed the pebble back up into Destany's, as she bent over to get a better look at the person that was messing with her, and a furred nose much like her own met hers. “Hello…” She spoke quietly and backed away from the creature as it exposed more of itself, it's body a mix of fur and scales, a fan on each side of its face instead of the ears, though the tops curved and were furred like fox ears. Every time the creature blinked she could see too sets of eyelids, one clear, and the other were normal. The creatures tails popped up from the water everywhere, it must have at least had seven tails. These said tails looked much like eel tails, but instead of the thin membrane edges, they were white fur. The creature looked her over, how strange she must have looked to it, but then again, that wasn't unusual. The creature finally spoke in a sharp rusty voice, “`You…must be the child that has come to ask for my help…but before I help you I ask you one question…`” Destany nodded quietly. “What is it?”, the creature smiled. “`Will the crystal sing for you?`”
 
Ceso blinked as his sash was pulled on by Sila, and immediately closed the door as he looked down to see who it was. <Admiring the queen's bathing room when you're supposed to be working Ceso? How naughty of you…> Ceso blushed guiltily, his ears turning a bright red, after all, it was better to let her think what she wanted to rather than blow his cover. `Sorry, I didn't realize that my shift had started…it's truly lovely up there though.` he took her shoulder and began walking back towards the stairs. `why don't you start back down, I'll be there in a moment, I want to get one last look at the place for a sketch later.` Sila bobbed her head in a nod. <Alright, I'll see you on the fifth floor.> Ceso walked back over to the door and opened it again, but by the time he had, Destany had already gone, but surely he would have been able to hear even the slightest of the crystal's singing…wouldn't he? He sighed and chased after Sila, not caring to look back any longer, he would remain here, for he knew that when the time came he would be called upon again.