Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Trust ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 12—Trust
 
 
The festival taking place in Central City was mainly held as a farewell to summer and a great big hello to autumn. It was still quite warm this morning as the season changes gradually, so to some it still felt like it was summer even though it was the beginning of September. There was a stage set up for comedians, musical talents, and many of the city's families were putting up booths filled with games, food, knickknacks, clothing, fantastic new inventions that would eventually be available to the masses to make lives easier, all those new fangled electric devices that people would give an arm and a leg for, good thing the Automail mechanics were right next to them.
 
Winry held her wooden sign that read `Rockbell Automail' and hung it on the little hooks on the front of her booth. The company next to her had been doing the same thing and the man in charge there, Chris Harding, turned and smiled at her.
 
“Good morning, Winry.” Chris said with a smile.
 
She looked at him with a very happy expression, “Ah, Chris, I see you have your booth all set up. I'm so glad we're neighbors today.”
 
He took the red rag out of his back pocket and shinned up his metal sign that read `Harding's Fine Mechanics and Automail.' “Did you hear about Donald Crane? He's going to be here too,” Chris said with a smirk. “I can't wait to see the look on his face when your booth is directly across from his, just like your place of operation.” He snickered.
 
Winry rolled her eyes, “Why can't Mr. Crane just get along with the rest of us? We have no problems with one another. You even directed someone to me.”
 
“That I did.” Chris smiled. “You really should think about getting an assistant or two. You are doing quite a lot of work over there.”
 
Sighing and crossing her arms over her white tank-top, Winry leaned against one of the beams supporting her booth up. “I would if I could, but I can't afford to pay an assistant right now.” She hurried under her overhang and going into her tent, past the small raised examining couch in case she had to examine someone, and grabbed one of her displays of an Automail arm and rushed out of her tent. She waved it at Chris who took a step forward into her booth space.
 
“Is this your newest work?” He asked in awe, taking a hold of the arm. “It is incredible.”
 
Winry was smiling so proudly, “Check it out. The metal is thinner and lighter, a lot more flexible and the user would have more movement abilities, like it was a real limb. I've been tinkering around with different metals and managed to come up with this.” She rubbed the elbow part with her palm. “I have to change screw sizes though, which is not really a big deal. But hopefully the suppliers will hear of this and be able to produce the right sized screws and metals we will need in the near future. I plan to adjust all the prosthetic limbs I work on to this lighter material.”
 
“This is beautiful work, Winry. I'm very impressed.” Chris handed her back the arm, the young girl's face was all lit up with glee. She really did love this work.
 
Winry went back to her booth and proceeded to set up the displays and diagrams on the two tables, while Chris went to do the same thing in his own spot.
 
The crowd gathered for the festival was a flurry of fun and excitement as many cheerful voices filled the park.
 
Roy was rather bored sitting beneath the canopy for the military's booth; he had been shaking hands and trying to impress the youth and those who were interested in a career for the last couple of hours. A young man barely older than sixteen approached the booth, listening to the conversations from the other military personnel around.
 
“So,” the young boy stared at Roy, looking at the man's uniform with the many stripes and stars. “How long did it take you to rise up in ranks?”
 
With a smirk that expressed arrogance, Roy crossed his arms over his chest. “Not as long as it would have been for some. You look like someone who wants to go places in life. You definitely have what we need.” He hated spilling the lines of crap that he needed to entice the young mind with to join up with.
 
The young boy blinked, “You think so?” He scratched the back of his head. “Well I've always wanted to be important; I'm more of a burden on my family. My mother has six other kids, four of which are laze-about muckups. I want to prove that I can bring something positive into the family. My father suggested the military.”
 
Roy felt ill, he needed a break, “Then I direct you to Jean Havoc to my right, he can tell you the perks of being one of the State's fine soldiers.”
 
Havoc saluted and turned to the young man and proceeded in explaining more of the tag lines to grab this wandering youth to become one of them.
 
Getting up from his chair, Roy moved around his office company, and Lieutenant Hawkeye stepped into his path.
 
“Colonel Mustang, Sir, I will accompany you on your break.”
 
He just wanted to be left alone, was it really too much to ask for? How can he pop by Winry's booth when he was being tailed like this? It was Hawkeye's job to watch his back so he couldn't be too angry at the idea of being confronted by her. “I want to grab something to eat, so we should head in that direction.” He finally said and started walking with Hawkeye towards the food booths.
 
Riza had decided that she would keep Mustang out of trouble, it was her job. Not only that, she had always been concerned for him since the day she met him. She wanted to protect him and see that nothing bad happened to the man. So if he was doing something he shouldn't… namely Miss Rockbell… then she would help protect him from himself.
 
The two of them walked to where the food booths were located which was near to where the more career oriented booths lie. Riza and Mustang managed to fight their way through the crowd, and finally bought some beef on a stick, it was tangy and sweet all at the same time. It was being sold by a rather exotic looking family.
 
Riza and Roy heard a series of loud gunshots, and thinking that there might be trouble they headed in the direction of the noise. They slid in the pathway of the inventor's section of the festival and right in the middle of a confrontation. Riza's hand moved to her gun.
“Hey!” Chris Harding shouted, “Damn you, Crane! That was my best sign, you asshole!” He growled, steaming at the now thousands of holes from a pellet gun in his wonderful sign.
 
“It was lopsided anyway. I was just doing everyone a favor by getting rid of that eyesore.” Donald laughed rudely.
 
Chris shook his fist at him from across the way. “I'll give you an eyesore!” Then rushed towards Crane and that man did the same thing as they were now nose to nose, growling at each other.
 
“This city ain't big enough for the two of us, Harding. Pack up and head out!” Donald sneered.
 
The noise was becoming increasingly annoying. Rolling her eyes, and turning to the small group she was talking to, Winry put down the automail leg she was informing them about. “Excuse me a moment.” She rushed right to Crane and Chris, jumping in between them and pushing them apart. “Can't you two…get along?” She took a frustrated breath as Chris took a step away from Crane and Winry spun around to the red headed man. “And you, you had no right to destroy Chris's sign like that. Are you that threatened by him?”
 
“Threatened?” Donald yelled, “He's taking my business as well as you are little girl.”
 
Winry rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her breasts, popping her hip out. “No one is taking your business, Crane. It's your own damn fault if you lose your clients! I thought that was already explained to you!” She smoothed her long hair behind her ear. “Look, we're all in the same field here, to heal people. Why can't you two just…ugh! Stop behaving like bratty little boys!” She looked between Chris and Crane.
 
Chris kicked a small pebble, staring at the ground ashamed. “He started it.”
 
“Gah!” Winry turned her back on Crane and glared making some kind of strangled, frustrated sound as she held her hands about an inch from her breasts.
 
“You started it!” Donald shouted at Harding over the girl's shoulder while pointing at him, knocking into Rockbell's back at trying to get to Harding, “By taunting me across the way! Then I told you to knock it off or you'll be sorry, and naturally like the ass you are you didn't listen.” He smirked, “Then I filled your sign full of holes!”
 
Winry roughly pushed Crane off her. “Look, I don't care who started it—!”
 
“What's the trouble here?” The authoritive voice of Colonel Mustang wrung through the ears off all those within earshot. All three Automail mechanics turned in the direction of his voice. Seeing the very man and a blonde woman with a gun held in her hand, standing beside him.
 
Riza walked to them and since she knew Miss Rockbell would ask her specifically about what problems were happening over here. “Is everything all right, Miss Rockbell?”
 
Winry kept the pleasant tingle that raced down her spine at the sound of Roy's voice, she simply smiled reassuringly at Miss Hawkeye. “It was just a small misunderstanding. No one got hurt, yet.” She glared back at Crane and Chris who were glaring daggers at one another.
 
“It was not a small misunderstanding, Rockbell.” Donald sneered at her. “You're just as much to blame as Harding. I used to be the one everyone went to when they needed limbs and repairs. But ever since you two came here, it's been harder and harder to keep my customers.”
 
Winry whirled around to Crane, “First of all they aren't just customers! Perhaps there's your problem, when you look at them all you see are dollar signs.”
 
“Only when you two leave town, will there ever be peace here. So get yourself and your crappy Automail out of Central.” Donald grinned evilly, knowing that he hit a nerve and seeing the fire in her eyes ignite. She was rising to the bait, perfect.
 
Her fingers curled into tight fists as she lifted one in the air, shaking with rage “What did you say about my Automail?” Winry's tone was dark and deadly, that Chris standing next to her, his eyes widened and a small `oooh' sound escaped his lips that were shaped into a small circle.
 
Donald snickered and leaned forward a little, “I said crappy.” He smirked deeply.
 
It seemed to appear by willpower alone, a large wrench was now held in her hand. In actuality, she pulled it from the back pocket of her thigh length red with small white polka-dot skirt. She lifted her hand and was gonna hurl the wrench at him when a large hand grabbed her wrist in midair. Winry turned her head sharply at who would dare attempt to stop her from throwing her wrench. That now offending hand just happened to belong to Roy and he was looking at her with an arched brow. Was he insane!? Why was he touching her in public!? Now was not the time to worry about that, her work was just bashed and she needed to take action. She growled menacingly. “Let…go.”
 
“Violence is not the answer.” Roy said softly and confidently and felt the tension recede from her hand and arm. When he figured she wasn't going to throw that wrench he released her hand. He found her staring at him oddly. “You know that your work is top notch, so prove your point another way.” He said quietly so that only she would hear it. He failed to notice the slight suspicious glance he was receiving from Hawkeye; he was too concerned over Winry's reaction to that snide comment to see it.
 
“Her Automail is not crappy!” A man's voice rose up from the crowd, the people who had gathered around them parted as someone was pushing their way through.
 
Winry blinked and smiled recognizing her patient. “Mr. Dobson?”
 
Jack Dobson smiled and winked at Winry. “About a month ago I came in for Miss Rockbell to have a look at me. She was concerned about me, and was more interested in making me feel comfortable and not trying to pressure me into some kind of sale. She is not about making money off of me. She is one that truly cares about her patients.” He slipped off his shoe and pulled up his pant leg to reveal his Automail foot. “She is great. Just look at this detail and craftsmanship, its smooth, light. There's not one dent, scratch, or anything. She worked so hard and it's perfect, almost better than the real thing. I can run, jump, take my wife dancing. We hadn't been able to do something like that since I got this injury. If anything, Miss Rockbell is the best, and I can vouch for that.”
 
Joy raced through her nerves, and Winry felt like throwing her arms around Dobson and hug the stuffing out of him. `Aww, Mr. Dobson.' She felt so elated.
 
Donald Crane was pushed roughly out of the way and with such a force that he spun around as the viewers rushed to Rockbell, and talking to her in a flurry of questions and excitement.
 
Roy crossed his arms over his chest and didn't even really realize the tiny, proud smile on his face as he watched Winry's thrilled interactions with the people about her products. Her whole face seemed to light up. She laughed and pointed to the arm on the table while she explained the process of building one.
 
“Sir, we should head back now. It seems there is no more trouble here.” Riza had looked between Mustang and Miss Rockbell the entire time. She needed to keep him from getting hurt. Mustang was trying to make up for the past, Riza could see that. But Miss Rockbell was obviously a bitter person, the way she spoke to him when he had grabbed the girl's wrist. There's so much anger and hate there. Riza was not going to let him be damaged again by someone who very well could bring him down. She would defend her Colonel against any danger, whether it personal or physical.
 
Not even responding, Roy took one last look at Winry before turning and heading away with Hawkeye back to the Military's booth.
 
 
A few hours later, the excitement had died down,
 
Chris was smiling at the people passing by, when he noticed a folded up piece of paper on his table. Glancing at it, it had Winry's name on it. “Oi, Winry.”
 
She poked her head from around her canopy, “Yeah?”
 
Picking up the paper, he held it up. “I think this is for you, whoever gave it to you must have put it on the wrong table.” He presented it to her and Winry came forward, accepting it.
 
Opening the note, she noticed it was from Scieszka, and smiled.
 
Winry,
 
If you hadn't had lunch yet then I'm disappointed in you. You can get so carried away when talking about Automail, so come to the military booth and get me and we'll go scout out the food booths together.'
 
Winry giggled, that sounded like a great idea, thinking she could use something to eat. She put the paper down and pulled the curtain flap on her tent to signify that it was closed right now. She headed in the direction where Scieszka would be.
 
“Hiya, boys,” Aurora Walker said, flipping her long chestnut hair behind her as she stood in front of the table at the Military's booth. She heard some groans from the women and some flattering whistles from the men. Aurora looked around and found the one she wanted to talk to, the very handsome and dashing Colonel Mustang, who was in the process of looking over a document. He hadn't even lifted his head to her presence or her voice. Aurora was not a happy woman.
 
Havoc leaned forward, resting his chin in his hands while propped up by his elbows upon the table. He was staring up at the tall, dark beauty before him, “Now how can I help you, little lady?” He gave her what he thought was a breathtaking smile.
 
Aurora smiled beautifully, her full red lips lifting, practically making the blonde gentleman drool. “Actually, I would like to talk to him.” She pointed to the Colonel, “in private.” At that, the raven haired man lifted his head, his eyes directly meeting hers. She was a little disappointed that his gaze didn't linger elsewhere. Aurora heard the groans and complaints from the men around.
 
“Of course, Colonel Mustang has all the luck.” was said from someone in the booth.
 
“Yeah, it's not fair.” said another.
 
Roy stood from his chair and placed one of the newest recruit's documents on the table. “What can I do for you, Miss Walker?”
 
She pointed to the tent, “Do you think we could talk in there.” Aurora sounded worried.
 
For some reason, Roy was very annoyed with this woman right now. But she did sound like she was in distress. He gestured to the tent. “Right this way.” He headed inside and the Walker woman followed him. He noticed a few people inside talking. Two of them were Hawkeye and Fallman. “Would you all excuse us, please?” He saw Hawkeye's lips purse and she arched her brow, that look she was giving him made him smirk.
 
The soldiers left the tent and Aurora closed the flap and turned to the man. “I'm sorry for taking you away from your booth, but this is urgent.”
 
“Well whatever the problem is, I'm sure we can handle it.” Roy offered politely. “Now what's wrong?”
 
Aurora grinned, “The urgent problem is, that I've been wondering why you haven't been by Antonio's lately.”
 
`This was her urgent problem? What an annoyance.' Roy's expression was controlled; he really wanted to send her on her way. “As you can see, Miss Walker, I'm a very busy man. I'm responsible for everything here; I have a military company that needs my command. So I've been spending most of my evenings in lately.”
 
She smiled, “I have been wondering if I'm the type of woman that would appeal to someone like you.” Aurora took a step closer to him and was pleased that he didn't back away.
 
“Well, you are a lovely young lady.” Roy said honestly even though he'd rather be staring into sparkling sapphire eyes, and complimenting a certain blonde on the fine curve of her hip while running his fingers up and down, or the smooth feel of her heavenly pale skin. “And as much as I would love to stay and chat about your fine features, Miss Walker. I am extremely busy.”
 
This was unusual, Aurora had thought she heard that this man would never turn down a pretty face for work. “Are you asking me to leave?”
 
Roy snorted, he could say something completely insulting right now, but he would rather not insult a woman who wasn't worth insulting. “Yes, I am.”
 
“Why? Am I not beautiful enough?” Her own hands framed her hips, “Or do you perhaps prefer the younger ones.” She said slyly that had the Colonel narrowing his eyes. Aurora leaned closer to him. “Does anyone know that you prefer adolescent girls over full grown women? What are you some kind of pervert?” She grinned.
 
“I suggest you shut your mouth before you say something you'll regret, Miss Walker.” Roy said dangerously. He did not prefer adolescent girls, just one in particular. And she was far more womanly than most full grown women.
 
Aurora giggled, and leaned closer to his ear. “I know what you've been doing with the little Grease-ball Automail mechanic. Oh, the things I could do with this information.”
 
“You don't know what you're talking about.” Roy said confidently. The only way that this woman would know that would be because of that idiot Travin Walker, that big mouth. Of course this was only their assumptions. “I am concerned for Miss Rockbell, and that is all. So keep your dirty mind to yourself.
 
“Oh please, just what kind of an idiot do you take me for?” Aurora smirked, “She's a ripe little number, any man looking at her would want a piece of—” She was roughly grabbed by the shoulders cutting her off.
 
“Don't talk about her like that.” Roy said dangerously and low.
 
She actually felt fear race through her veins, just how dangerous was this man. “Actually defending the little freak I see.”
 
Roy never wanted to hit a woman more in his life than this one right now, but he was raised better than that to strike out at a female in such a horrible way. “You really don't know what you're talking about, and I suggest you stop before you find yourself in a bad situation.” He warned tightly.
 
Aurora leaned so close to him, her lips just a breath away from his. “This, what you're doing with that girl won't stay a secret, the truth always comes out…But I can help make sure it stays that way.”
 
This has gone on long enough; Roy wanted her out of his personal space. Usually, he wouldn't mind a lovely lady like this trying to touch him and entice him. As of right now, this woman was doing nothing to excite him at all. In fact it was the complete opposite. He felt annoyed. He gripped her shoulders to shove her off him.
 
The tent flap was pulled open…
 
Roy and Walker's heads both turned in quickly that direction…
 
Standing there stark still, blue eyes were incredibly wide. Winry stared, feeling her stomach twist and churn, and her heart squeeze painfully tight. The expression in her eyes and on her face was a mix of shock, suffering, grief and…heartbreak.
 
“Oh!” Winry dropped her gaze with a twist and tilt of her head. Her breathing was erratic, and her stomach was flipping out of control. It felt like acid was slowly burning its way through her heart and rising up into her throat, making her violently ill. “I'm…sorry, I was looking for uh…Scieszka. I thought she was…I didn't mean to…to interrupt. Excuse me.” And she fled.
 
“Wait, Winry!” Roy yelled, but she was gone too quickly. He glared menacingly down at Walker and shoved her aside a little roughly that she knocked into a chair and landed hard in it as he tore from the booth. Looking around frantically and trying not to express any such worry to the military men around. Roy saw Winry's blonde head, what really caught his attention was that red skirt with small white dots on it wrapped around her hips, she was pushing her way through the crowd and then broke into a run.
 
“I'll be back.” Roy said and Hawkeye didn't have a chance to speak up for he dashed away, quick on his feet.
 
Riza's eyes narrowed in extreme suspicion, it did indeed look like he was chasing after Miss Rockbell, who left the booth suddenly looking very ill. Kain tugged on her sleeve since she hadn't been answering to the numerous calls of her name.
 
Roy hurried through the crowd, she seemed to disappear. Where did she go?
 
Continuing to run, Winry pushed herself onward, forward, harder and harder her feet pounded against the grassy ground. `It doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt!' She kept repeating to herself. `I don't care…' She choked back a sob, `I don't, I hate him, I hate him.' Her heart continued to squeeze and beat roughly against her ribs, her stomach wouldn't settle down and kept churning out of control. She yelled in frustration and pain as she raced through the lines of booths, exiting the festival area to the picnic area and coming to a pond's edge where a few large oak trees provided much needed shade.
 
She launched herself up, her hands grabbing onto a low branch, her foot finding the holes and knots that she used to climb up with. While grabbing onto the branches and limbs she hauled herself up higher and higher.
 
When she felt she was up high enough, Winry sat down, her legs hanging down on either side of the tree branch. Her breathing was harsh and ragged as she had run a long way. She wiped furiously at the wetness on her cheeks from sweat and tears. She leaned her head against the tree, letting out a deep sigh and swallowing the lump that seemed to have formed in her throat. Why did it ache, why did it squeeze and pull at her insides at seeing those two like that? What was the matter with her, it shouldn't matter. She hated the man…didn't she? `Yes! No! Yes, No!' She growled loudly in frustration. She should be happy that he'd rather paw at someone else, that he finally was tired of her.
 
So if that was the case then why did she feel so wretched? `I'm glad, I am! That means this is over and done with, good for me!' She whimpered, her eyes were swelling with unwanted tears. `No, no crying! Stop it!' Winry grabbed at her face, covering with her hands, unable to stop the silent and chest hitching flow of liquid crystal into them.
 
****
 
Winry had been away from her booth long enough, even though she didn't really feel like heading back there. She really wanted to go home, but the need to pick up more clients if there were any, and also to inspire others to perhaps start their own careers in Automail won out.
 
She would not to let what she saw get to her, she would forget about it. It wasn't any of her business. It's not like she and Roy were even friends, it shouldn't hurt this much…it shouldn't.
 
“Winry, are you feeling all right?” Chris asked when he saw her walk up looking very distressed and pale.
 
“Actually, I'm not, so I'm going to rest a bit in my tent. If anyone comes looking for me, tell them I'm out and will be back later.” Winry sighed, not wanting to see anyone. Staring at the grassy ground, she pushed back the tent flap and went inside, letting it fall closed behind her. Taking a deep breath she lifted her head and stepped back startled at the sight of Roy there. She had not expected anyone let alone him to be in here.
 
Roy had been sitting on the waist height examining couch, and he stood the moment she lifted her head and jolted back in shock. The expressions and tenseness of Winry's form gave the impression that she was definitely surprised to see him. He knew she didn't count on him waiting her out in her tent.
 
“What are you doing in here?” Her eyebrows were crinkled half in worry and half in frustrated sadness. She really did not want to see him of all people. Couldn't he tell that she just wanted to be left alone right now? “Did anybody see you?” Winry glanced briefly over her shoulder before looking straight ahead at him.
 
He didn't care about that right now; all he wanted to do was talk to her, to explain what she saw. “After you ran off and I couldn't find you, I figured this was the best place to wait for you. I have been searching everywhere. You can sure disappear when you want to.” He said, his tone sounded distressed.
 
Winry shrugged, “It's a talent I have when I want to be alone.” She said with a small forced smile. “You really shouldn't be in here.”
 
Walking to her, he noticed she avoided eye contact. “We need to talk.” Winry made to turn away from him, but he grabbed her by the shoulders and spun her around back to face him. Her head was bent and he could feel her trembling. “I need to tell you what you think you saw, to explain what—.”
 
“—There's nothing to talk about.” She interrupted, staring at the ground. Winry gathered her emotions and put on a controlled expression and finally lifted her face, her eyes to his. “You don't owe me anything, certainly not an explanation. It's not like there is anything more between you and I. This is just a passing thing for you and I just want Ed and Al to get back or for you to get tired of me like you said so that this is over and done with. It means nothing.”
 
“If it means nothing as you say, then why are you so sad?” He asked, his tone was careful and soft. Roy was leaning closer to her, and his eyes full of deep concern were peering into her own.
 
She sighed, her eyes dropping away from his as she couldn't take soft, worried expression in his eyes. “I'm not sad. Really, I'm not.” Winry reached up and patted his upper arm like she would do to assure a friend. She had just lied. To her it was more like not wanting to be sad, there was no reason to be. She hated him, didn't she? There really wasn't anything more between them. So why did it squeeze so bad when she saw him and Aurora Walker— She couldn't deal with this, not right now. This was all wrong! He needed to leave, right now. “So like I said, you don't owe me anything, just like I don't owe you anything. You can play around with anyone you want and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, because there is nothing—” taking a harsh breath as blue eyes were swelling with tears and she dropped her head. “I must be allergic to the grass.” She reached up and rubbed her eyes, wiping the wetness away.
 
His heart seemed to tighten at her tears, and he let his shoulders slump just a little. She was sad whether she wanted to admit it or not. Roy didn't want her to be upset. “Winry, nothing happened between the Walker woman and I. You came in at the wrong time. Normally, I wouldn't have objected to an attractive lady throwing herself at me like that.” Roy saw her eyes squeeze tighter, and placed his hands on Winry's face, tilting upwards. “And as appealing as she is, I couldn't think of anyone except you. I had grabbed her about the shoulders to push her away, but she was leaning closer to me. So what you saw when you came in, it was right before I was going to push her off me.”
 
Winry shook her head, not buying it, pulling her face from his grasp and putting her back to him. She clenched her fists in front of her, down near her belly. “I don't care.” She said slightly bitter. To believe that he would push away a beautiful woman like that, Winry was not going to believe it. One would have to be pretty dumb to believe something like that.
 
“I need you to trust me on this.” Roy said, taking a step to her, pressing up against her back. He knew she was going to move away from him and she moved her foot forward. He quickly grabbed her about the waist pressing her back into him. “I will not entertain other ladies while I'm involved in our arrangement. It's bad form and not moral.”
 
Winry snorted in disbelief. “Since when do you ever give a damn about morality?” She was first hand experience to that, sure they're involvement might not be illegal, but it was wrong! He was so full of it! There was no reason to lie!
 
Feeling very offended, Roy released a frustrated puff of air. “I have never mistreated a lady, and I don't ever plan on doing that.”
 
“Roy, let go of me.” Her hands gripped his on her hips. He didn't listen; he circled his arms completely around her middle. His lips touched her bare shoulder.
 
“No.” He said, enjoying the warmth her body was giving him. “Don't you think that if I really wanted the Walker woman, I would be with her right now instead of standing in here with you?” Roy knew she wouldn't answer that question. “There is nothing you need to worry about.”
 
Winry grunted in anger, and twisted around, ready to flame him with her words. “Worried?! Who said I was worried?!” She had swiped her hand in front of her. “I know what you're like, I hear the gossip. Sure, it's usually positive gossip; not very many women bad mouth you. So if you expect me to believe that a beautiful woman who would toss herself at you would get pushed away, then you must think I'm a real idiot.” was said through gritted teeth. “So because that this is just a disgusting, cruel arrangement, it doesn't mean anything! We're not friends, I don't like you, and I want you to leave my tent right this minute.” Her hand shot up and she pointed to the exit.
 
What she had just said was really hurtful and it felt like he had been stabbed repeatedly in the gut... `We're not friends, I don't like you, and I want you to leave…' Roy lifted his chin, straightened his posture and had no intention of leaving, not when she was being completely unreasonable. “Winry, be careful of what you say. There are some things you just can't take back.”
 
“I don't wanna take them back! I want you out of here!” When she noticed he wasn't going to move, she rolled her eyes. “Ugh, fine! Even though it's my tent and my space, I'll leave!” Winry wasn't even able to move one step when she turned to go and march for the tent flap, for Roy had her held tight in his arms. “Why you…let go of me!” She yelled almost a little too loudly. “I swear to all that is mighty that I will—mmph” His hand cupped around her mouth, cutting her off.
 
Holding her tightly to him, he put his mouth near her ear. “You are being completely irrational. You're upset, you need to settle down.”
 
She couldn't respond, his hand over her mouth was preventing that. Winry needing to get him off her was going to jab her elbows into his chest, but he seemed to know that and he tightened his hold around her, causing her to gasp into his palm.
 
“You're going to listen, and I'm not going to let you interrupt me.” Roy lightly kissed the shell of her ear. “Now, I will never, ever intentionally hurt you. I know when you saw that woman clawing at me, that you were hurt by it. Don't bother trying to deny it, I know what I saw. So until Edward Elric gets back to Central, the only one I will be with like this is you. And that is a promise on the honor of my life.” He felt water sprinkling onto his fingers and he dropped his hand from her mouth. “Do you still want to yell at me?”
 
Winry slowly turned around; a few crystalline tears were drizzling down her cheeks. “You…” She groaned and pinched her sinuses. “You can do whatever you want, I'm not going to stop you, nor am I going to try to. You should just…be yourself. If you want to go around with other women, then that's your business… It's none of mine. You shouldn't worry about hurting my feelings, because it doesn't matter since there are no feelings to hurt.”
 
“I am doing what I want.” Roy said, reaching up and wrapping his hand around hers and pulling it away from her face. He lifted his palm and smoothed her tears away using his thumb. “And it does matter.”
 
“Something is wrong with me!” Winry felt as if her heart was clenching, tightening so hard. “When I saw you and her, I…its like I lost my mind. I shouldn't care, I shouldn't!” She was twisting her fingers together as she turned away from him again and started pacing. “In fact, I don't care. I was just surprised. It's not everyday I walk in on someone mauling another, heh, heh.”
 
Roy wasn't buying it, she was upset. But he won't dwell on it. He'll let her have her dignity and try to save face and make him think she didn't care the least bit, when he knew the truth. It wasn't hard to know the truth when she had been carrying on like that.
 
He didn't want to leave her here upset, “Winry?”
 
She suddenly stopped in her pacing with her back to him. Winry stared at the ground. “What?” She tried to make herself sound a little more cheerful. Time passed and there wasn't an answer and her shoulders relaxed. At least she was alone now and could wallow in whatever this was she was feeling and work through it to make it go away. She did not need to be upset over Roy and other women. That's what he does—Winry nearly jumped out of her skin from fright at the pair of lips that touched the side of her neck. Hearing his soft laughter in her ear, it made her eyes narrows slightly in anger. “What's so funny, I thought you—”
 
“—What, that I left you?” Roy seemed to purr as his hands curled around her waist. “I just wanted you to let your guard down a little and relax.” Moving his right hand from her waist and holding it in front of her, he asked, “Take off my glove for me?” He whispered in her ear. He had just been wearing a pair of regular uniform gloves.
 
Winry hesitated a moment, before her fingers gripped the edge of his glove and started slipping it off his hand. “Why? Is something wrong with it?”
 
“Yes, indeed,” He swept his tongue up the side of her neck and just about dropped the garment. “It keeps me from doing this.” Roy lowered his hand to her leg and slid his palm very slowly up her thigh. “I love feeling your skin, I love touching you.” He heard her whimper. “You need to ask yourself this, Winry… Why would I want to touch the Walker woman, when there's you here?” His palm teased a path up higher very slowly, his breathing was shallow and even in her ear, but gradually gaining heat. His gloved hand moved up her side and around her front where he completely cupped her breast. “You have much bigger breasts than the Walker woman.” He hummed in her ear.
 
“Uh…stop.” Winry whimpered, her eyes falling closed as his gloved hand squeezed and fondled her full, round mound.
 
“I'd rather hear your whimpers, the sounds you make for me. Just for me, no one else gets to do this to you.” Roy smirked as his hand on her thigh moved up and pressed against her panty clad center. “Mm, you're wet, Winry… seeping through your panties.” His fingers slipped down the front of her panties, and cupped her between her thighs. “Yes, this is mine.”
 
Winry groaned and rested her head back against his shoulder. He was spreading her open then rubbing at the small bundle of nerves there, sending heat racing through her nerves. “S…stop, you can't do this… not here.” She managed to stammer out. Her pale skin was flushed.
 
“Yes, here.” He panted seductively in her ear. “Anywhere I want.” He closed his lips over her neck and suckled hard.
 
“Winry!” Scieszka voice's said from the entrance of the booth, “Are you back there?”
 
In a state of pure terror and panic, making her heart hammer, Winry tried to step away from Roy, only he was not letting her. There was a deep rumbling laughter in her ear. “What are you doing? Scieszka's out—”
 
“Send her away. I'm far from finished with you.” Roy breathed into Winry's ear, not stopping his hand between her legs. He inserted his finger inside her and thrust it in and out of her hot, wet receptive body and she bit her bottom lip to keep from moaning loudly.
 
“Scieszka, I'm uh just taking…a…a NAP! Come back later!” Winry said high pitched. She was pressed forward onto the examining sofa, and felt her panties slip off her hips to pool at her feet. She closed her eyes, hearing the faint sound of a zipper and then something hard pressing against her opening staring to spread her open, fitting between her slick, wet folds.
 
“Should I bring you something to eat? We were supposed to get some food.” Scieszka stood by the tent flap her arms folded over her breasts. “I'm going to come in so I can talk to you.” Her hand reached for the tent flap.
 
“No!” Winry felt Roy slowly easing himself inside her and she gripped the couch with tight fingers. “I want to be alone with my….with my Automail.” She panted, feeling him thrust in deep and she let out a loud, erotic moan.
 
Scieszka's eyes widened in shock, “Uh, Winry, I…I think you're spending too much time with your Automail. You seriously need a break.” She looked around and noticed a few limbs out here on the tables. This was strange. How can she— “Winry, your displays are out here, so—”
 
“—I'm putting together a new one! Please, Scieszka, I'll come find you later.” She bit her bottom lip hard, Roy slammed himself inside her. His fingers circling her hip and he pulled her back onto him while continuing in thrusting in and out of her tight, gloving heat.
 
“You're acting strange, Winry.” Scieszka wondered if something was wrong. “That's it, I'm coming in.” She lifted the tent flap.
 
“Stop, stop.” Winry whispered, not really meaning it, the fear of her getting caught seemed to heighten whatever she was feeling and she actually thrust her hips back against Roy's faster. His lips were on the back of her neck, as his hand slipped up her shirt, covering her breast. Winry turned her head sharply to the entrance of her tent.
 
“Scieszka,” said Hughes's voice, “I need you back at the booth, can you spare a moment?”
 
Winry saw the corner of the tent flap, fall closed.
 
“Certainly, Sir,” Scieszka turned back to the tent. “I'll be back in a few minutes, Winry, and then I'll make sure you take a break from this booth.”
 
“Okay! Okay!” Winry's fingernails were digging into the leather, rocking against him.
 
Looking back at Lieutenant Colonel Hughes, Scieszka shrugged. “Winry's acting a bit funny today.”
 
“Oh? Should we see what the problem is? Maybe we can be of service.” He started towards the tent entrance.
 
Roy smirked, `She's being serviced, right now.' He slammed forward harder, pulling a soft mewl from Winry's lips. It was so hot, so beautiful. Those two better not come in, he didn't feel like stopping.
 
Hughes sighed, “Winry?”
 
“Go away!” She shouted so loud, half in lust and half in frustration. “I want to be by myself, can't you understand that?!”
 
“Sorry, Winry,” Scieszka said with deep apology. “I guess you're having a pretty bad day.” She wondered if it was that dreaded time of the month. “We'll leave you alone for now, but I am coming back later. You need something to eat.” She left the tent space with Hughes.
 
Winry lowered her face to the couch, “Uh…uh...uh.” She gasped and whimpered when Roy's fingers pressed and circled her clitoris, sending pleasured white heat spiraling through her nerves. He rubbed faster as he bucked his hips against hers, driving into her with a hard force that she seemed to take and want. His tongue was on her neck, her shoulder, his lips covering and suckling on her moist skin while he pinched and rubbed her…
 
“Hahaha, he just tossed you aside. That's funny.” Travin said, then drinking from his cup at a picnic table.
 
Aurora had her arms folded over her breasts in irritation. “That's never happened to me before. All men like me, there must be something wrong with him.”
 
“Maybe he has a taste for young, blonde girls.” Travin suggested with a smirk. “Young girls, the idea is definitely appealing.”
 
A flutter of air left Aurora's lips to ruffle through her bangs. “She's not even a woman yet. You should have seen how he pushed me off and practically ran after that little—” She clenched her fists tight in the air.
 
“I've also been thinking about that Scieszka gal, I hear she's pretty smart and can remember anything. She's got that amazing memory. She's not much older than Winry, and if you take away those glasses of hers she could be a downright knockout.”
 
Aurora shrugged, “Eh, she's fine either way. Some people like the glasses look. It displays intelligence.” She leaned against the tree. “Why not take her out on a real date and see what she's like, I know you want to.”
 
“It couldn't hurt.” Travin said with a sly smile, “I still have to work on Winry though, it seems she doesn't trust me anymore. I told you about what happened at club forty-four.”
 
Nodding, Aurora sighed. “Look, if she's constantly surrounded by her military friends, then is probably not a wise thing to make a play for the girl. If they find out what you're really after they'll kill you and cover it up, making it look like an accident of some kind.”
 
“I don't care.” Travin's lips thinned tensely. “I've got to have her and that is that.”
 
 
…Roy leaned his cheek against her smooth back, as he was covered over her in calming down. Winry was flat on the examining couch, trying to catch her breath. She swallowed hard. Not wanting to move, but knowing that he had to, Roy took a step back, pulling himself from between Winry's still moist folds hearing her hiss in spent sensitive bliss. He started putting himself back into his pants.
 
Lifting up slowly, Winry bent down at the knee and grabbed her panties that were around her ankles and while she stood, pulled them on. She was staring at her fingers, wondering why she let him do this to her in public like this, why she let him after she saw him and Aurora Walker. It shouldn't matter!
 
He seemed to know what she was thinking, and he gently took her by the shoulders and turned her around to face him. “Winry, listen to me. I did not do anything with that Walker woman.”
 
Winry shrugged, “It doesn't matter. I'm just a plaything to you. So don't worry about it.”
 
“You are not just a plaything, I actually care about you, damn it.” His voice was controlled fury. “If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't have chased you down when you fled from the military tent. I wouldn't have waited in here not knowing how long you would be till you came back here, if you came back here at all.”
 
Winry's jaw dropped and she squeaked in shock. “But…”
 
“No buts!” He pulled her against him, “This is a promise, I will not engage with other women while you and I are in this arrangement. I thought I explained that to you before.” To Roy it was like she just didn't want to believe it, perhaps she hoped that this would keep her at a distance. “I hope you believe this, Winry. Because I don't know what else to do or say to make you trust in me.” This time he turned to go, but Winry reached out and grabbed his uniform sleeve, stopping him.
 
“Roy, I…this is not easy for me.” Winry confessed staring downward; it was hard to say this to him. “This is strange and I…I do trust you. But I don't want to trust you, and I want to stay away from you… but I can't!” She threw her arms around him and pressed herself into his chest. “I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I'm so confused.”
 
He smiled lightly, wrapping his arms tight around her. “I'm confused too, if that makes you feel anymore at ease.” Roy threaded his fingers through her hair. He would never display weakness or unease in front of anyone except Winry. It seemed like in her arms he could be himself, he could let down his guard. “I just know that I enjoy being with you. You make me feel different and my demons don't seem to drown me in guilt and pain as much when you're with me. When it should because of what I had done to you, to your family.”
 
Winry gasped, snuggling into him.
 
He pushed his hand into his pants' pocket and pulled out a small thin vial. “Oh, before I forget.” He opened his palm revealing a small vial of green liquid and Winry cringed.
 
“Eww.” Her response was also to stick out her tongue. She waited as Roy unscrewed the top of the vial. “And just why are you carrying that around in your pocket?”
 
“Just in case,” He winked playfully. “Bottoms up,” Roy grinned as Winry took the bottle and drank down the liquid cringing the entire time. “I need to get back and I'm sure Scieszka will be back to retrieve you.” Bending quickly, he covered her mouth with his. Winry's arms wove around him as he kissed her deeply, his tongue delving into her sweet mouth, coaxing hers to play. Roy moaned, and pulled back a little too soon it seemed for Winry because she groaned in protest. “I'll see you later, and we can play more.” He touched her chin with the sides of his fingers.
 
Winry felt herself start to smile, but tried to resist it. “Let me check how it looks outside.” She turned from him and headed for the tent entrance, pulling back the flap and looking out. Not many were around. The area was practically dead. It was almost evening after all, so most people Winry was sure went home. Just a few scattered persons walking around, they probably wouldn't even really take notice of Roy leaving. After all he was simply a member of the military. “All right, it's pretty empty out here.”
 
Not wasting a single moment he slipped out of Winry's tent, looking around and displaying a firm expression that wouldn't have anyone guessing at why he was inside a young Automail mechanic's booth space. “Thanks for the lecture, Miss Rockbell.” He nodded in praise and let his arm brush against hers as he left her spot.
 
Roy walked smooth and steadily down the line of booths, he saw Kain Fuery and Maes coming his way.
 
“Where have you been, Roy?” Maes asked, he had been looking all places for him, he even went back to Headquarters to see if Roy was there. “Kain and I have been on search for you.”
 
Looking around, before meeting Maes' eyes, he shrugged, “I was looking around. This is a festival after all. I can't stay in that damn booth the whole time.” He started walking again and Maes and Fuery walked along side him. “Why were you on search for me?”
 
Maes pulled an envelope from his pocket, “This came for you.” He stared his friend right in the eye, “it's from your father.”
 
====
 
Well that's it for this episode/chapter. Quite a long one this one was. I hope you're all enjoying it.
 
Thanks for reading
Ryoko Blue