Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Unpleasant Vacation Plans ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
 
A/N: Sorry readers, no lemon in this episode/chapter. Just some romance and some plot. I hope that doesn't disappoint you. Don't worry, I'll make up for it in the next chapter `wink' Now I don't know anything about Roy's background or his parents so I made them up, also where they live is made up to, since we don't know how many cities/towns/districts, etc… that there actually are. So I made up the beautiful city of Amethyst.
 
Now onto the story,
Enjoy!
 
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 13— Unpleasant Vacation Plans
 
It was half past eight pm and Roy had been sitting in his car in the parking lot of Winry's building just staring at the wheel. His mind was currently back earlier this evening when he had received a letter from his father—
 
Maes pulled an envelope from his pocket, “This came for you.” He stared his friend right in the eye, “it's from your father.”
 
Roy's eyes narrowed hatefully on the envelope recognizing his father's neat penmanship. “What the hell does that man want?” He sounded as hostile as he looked and roughly grabbed for the letter and tore it open.
 
“What happened to your glove, Colonel?” Fuery asked, pointing to Mustang's right hand.
 
The paper crinkled a little beneath Roy's fingers, `ah hell!' He thought crossly, it was back in Winry's booth. He left it there. `Real smooth move there, genius.' He insulted himself. “It got dirty.” Was his sharp reply, returning his attention to the letter:
 
Roy,
 
Your mother has asked me to send you this letter, she wants you to visit. So make her happy and do what she wants. I'll expect you by no later than this upcoming Sunday, and you shall stay the week. Oh, and your mother suggests that if you don't have an ideal match yet, she knows a few ladies at the country club that might be perfect for you.
 
Don't disappoint me,
Gerald Mustang.
 
Roy rolled his eyes, `don't disappoint him, when have I not disappointed him.' He kept the growl that threatened to emerge. He then gestured to Maes who appeared very innocent. “You've been talking to my mother, haven't you?”
 
Maes shrugged innocently, “I might have mentioned that you still haven't found that ideal wife yet and that you go through women like a tornado while I was on the phone with your mother a couple of weeks ago.” He watched as Roy crumpled the letter into a ball and threw it over his shoulder. Kain made a mad dash to catch the paper ball to throw it away properly. “So, what did it say?” Maes asked.
 
“That man wants me to make a visit; well it's actually my mother who wants me to visit. So I'll be taking a week. You're in command until I return.” Roy started walking away.
 
“How long has it been since you've been home?” Maes walked along side him.
 
“Not long enough, and that's my father's house. I might have been raised in it, but I will never call that place my home.”
 
“Even when you inherit it?” Maes watched Roy's profile seeing the man's eyes narrow.
 
“I plan on selling off the whole estate when it reverts to me.”
 
Maes tapped his chin in thought, “Ya know, Roy. That isn't a bad place to raise a family—”
 
It was at that point where Roy rolled his eyes and tuned him out…
 
Roy glanced up at Winry's flat, seeing the light on and her shadow behind the curtain moving from the kitchen then appearing in the living room where she sat down on the sofa. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he opened the car door and stepped out. After closing and locking it, he made his way up the stairs to the third floor and right to Winry's door, where he knocked.
 
“It's open.” Her voice replied sounding a bit muffled.
 
Had she lost her senses? Roy was now irritated even more so than he was earlier. Has she no concern for her safety!? He turned the knob and pushed the door open, stepping inside. He saw her turn in his direction. “Winry, what have I told you about this door?” He sounded definitely peeved and closed the door behind him, turning the lock. “Always keep it locked.”
 
She rolled her eyes, “I knew you were coming over so I left it open for you, Crabby.” Winry turned back around to face her project of stringing wires for a new limb. She held a steaming bowl of eggplant parmesan in her lap. She poked a few of the pieces with her fork and stuck them in her mouth, chewing slowly.
 
Roy walked over to her, seeing the pieces of metal, screws and wires all spread out on the coffee table as she was hunched over in stringing the wires. “Why are you working on that now?” He also noticed the bowl of food in her lap.
 
Turning slightly and giving him an odd look, Winry blinked. “Because this is what I do. I can't fall behind on an order because of a festival or anything else that would serve as a distraction.” She turned back to her project, “a gal's gotta make a living you know. Rent doesn't make itself.”
 
“Winry,” After moving the sheet of paper that held some measurements to the coffee table's edge, Roy sat down beside her.
 
“Hmm?” She picked up a screwdriver and started tightening a screw in a joint bend.
 
“Do you remember when I briefly told you about my parents?” He saw her nod, “Well I received a letter today and I'll be making a visit to see them. I'll be gone a week.”
 
Winry set down her tool and turned a bright smile in his direction. People should always spend time with their families, even if they didn't always get along. “Well have a good time.” She saw him staring at the bowl in her lap, “Uh…do you want some?” She lifted a fork full of the eggplant smothered in sauce, cheese and breadcrumbs.
 
Roy's nose crinkled in distaste. “No, that's okay. I don't really care for eggpumf—” The fork had been shoved in his mouth. His right brow was arched and Winry sat there shaking with silent laughter. `Oh ha, ha, very funny.' He thought sarcastically to himself.
 
“Oh, just eat it.” She continued to softly laugh as he did just that when she pulled the fork from his mouth.
 
To him it really wasn't the best of vegetables and he managed to choke it down. He grabbed the napkin off the sofa cushion and wiped his mouth. Roy reached over and took the bowl from her, which earned him a confused crinkle of her forehead when he sat it on the floor out of her reach. “Winry, I want you to go with me.”
 
Winry blinked and stared at him, “What?” Has he lost his mind? She wondered while she stood up and moved away from the couch, she picked up her bowl on the way and walked to the kitchen where she placed it on the counter. Why did he want her to go with him? She felt a little uncomfortable. “I can't do that, for many reasons.” She turned and saw the expression on his face waiting for her to explain further. “I have way too much to do around here, if I leave for a week I'll be way behind. Also, don't you remember the fact that no one is supposed to know about this arrangement?”
 
“Those are minor reasons, really. Your clients will understand if you need to take some time off, people are not exactly unreasonable.” Roy replied leaning back and crossing his legs, resting his ankle on his other knee. “And it will make my mother happy to see me with a lady friend, which will keep her off my back.”
 
Slowly crossing her arms in front of her, Winry stared at him with a knowing half smile. “I see how it is. Why don't you just tell her the truth, about you not wanting to settle down?”
 
Clearing his throat, Roy stared downwards. “It's not only that. I really detest going back there. So I figured you could tag along and make the stay more bearable.” He shifted in his seat and planted both feet on the floor, hunching over where he rubbed his face with his hands.
 
Winry could see that he was very distressed about going to see his family. From the way he talked about them, albeit briefly, it wasn't a very positive environment. She walked behind the couch at seeing him throw himself back roughly and slump down so that the back of his head rested against the cushions.
 
Roy closed his eyes tightly. The thought of seeing his parents, his father mainly was infuriating him. His parents weren't brutal, his mother was soft and timid - a real gentle soul. But his father was strict, cold and arrogant. Roy knew he himself was an arrogant man, but his father made him seem like a saint. If things weren't done the way his father wanted them done, they weren't done at all. And nothing Roy did was ever good enough for the man, there was nothing but constant put downs and heavy criticism that could make grown men cry. His parents were a completely odd match, and he often wondered how they even got together. Roy always suspected that they very well could have had an arranged marriage. It wasn't an uncommon practice among established, old family lines.
 
Slender fingers found their way into his hair and Roy's eyes popped open, staring up into a pair of sapphire eyes, finding Winry's soft expression there and on her face with her hands moving in his hair, sending comfort to flutter within him. Her fingers would rub against his scalp and thread through the soft raven strands. She leaned forward still stroking his hair and pressed a kiss to his forehead and Roy sighed.
 
“I guess it won't hurt to take a week.” Winry lightly nipped at his nose and then pulled back at the small smile that curved against Roy's lips. “All right, I'll go with you.” To her it really seemed he needed her, and she couldn't fight against the feeling inside that made her want to try and ease his suffering, to take away that which was painful. Seeing his parents was obviously one of those painful things for him.
 
“Hmm,” Roy replied with his eyes closed and enjoying the feel of her fingers moving through his hair, down his neck and back up again. She really was good with her hands, why wouldn't she be? She was constantly using them. He was in a bad mood earlier, but Winry seemed to be melting that away. “I appreciate it.”
 
She smiled lightly, not moving her hands from his hair. “I have the glove you left in my tent space earlier.” Taking a small breath, Winry's fingers moved down his neck to his shoulders, where she squeezed and he made a pleased noise so she did it again, kneading the muscle there and trying to work out to tension she could feel even through his uniform. She stopped and he groaned in protest making her giggle softly. “Here, take this off.”
 
Roy didn't hesitate; he leaned forward and undid his blue uniform jacket, and pulled it off his arms and laying it neatly on the sofa cushion. He felt her tugging at his shirt and he looked up at her. “What?”
“This too,” The smile had not left her face as she pulled lightly at the shoulders of his white shirt.
 
He chuckled, “You just want to get me half naked.” It was said so suggestively, and she simply shrugged with a pretty smile. Roy smirked moving his fingers to the buttons of his shirt and separating them at the same time as pulling the shirt from the waist of his pants. He rolled his shoulders slipping the cotton from his arms and laying it on the couch with the jacket. Turning his head at her movements, he found Winry had climbed forward and sat on the edge of the sofa behind him, her bare feet going on either side of his thighs, and her hands returned to his shoulders and he faced forward again as she worked her fingers into his flesh, “That's nice…”
 
“You should relax more. Working this much can't be good for your health.” Winry suggested, working out the difficult knots in his shoulder blades and he moaned deeply.
 
With softly closed eyes, Roy lightly grinned. “At least I don't take my work home with me.” He gently nudged the coffee table with his foot and rocked the large Automail arm a little. “I have weekends to relax, though.”
 
“That still doesn't seem to be enough. Don't you have leave time as well?” She asked.
 
“I've saved it up. I'm using half my accumulated leave time for visiting my parents. Which if you ask me is a waste of vacation time.” He groaned delightfully when he felt a tight knot evaporate under Winry's exquisite touch.
 
“What do you think your parents are going to think when they see me?” Winry's hands moved down his back and rubbed against his lower back which he leaned forward a little to give her easier access to him. She was a little worried, here she was a fifteen year old girl carrying on with a fully grown man, and if his parents were anything like Roy, then they weren't stupid either. “Won't they realize that I'm really young?”
 
Roy turned his head so he could see her expressions and finding them extremely worried. He gave her a tiny reassuring smile, “Don't worry, everything will be just fine. If you're that concerned over it, we don't have to tell them how old you are. Besides, what is age but a number, right? You are far more mature than most adult women. It's a shame that others don't see it that way.”
 
“What if your parents realize how old I am and say something? Wouldn't that make trouble for you and whatever it is your planning for your goals? I don't even know what they are because you won't talk to me about them.” Winry closed her eyes and rested her hands against his shoulders.
 
“I can't tell them to you, Winry. It's big enough trouble for me as it is and for the very few who already know.” Reaching up, he covered her hand with his. “Do you know what they do to traitors?” He saw her eyes widen slightly, “it's a penalty of death. Now, I don't care about that for myself, but for you…I'm not going to let that happen. So I'm keeping my mouth shut and I'm not going to pull you into it.”
 
Feeling extremely worried, Winry leaned forward and rested her forehead against his back, “That sounds really dangerous, Roy. Whatever it is you're doing, or planning, can you just not do it?”
 
Feeling the small puffs of air on his skin from Winry's gentle breathing, he tightened his grip on her hand into a comforting gesture. “No, I have to. It's a definite must. You sound like you're worried about me or something.”
 
Winry looped her arms around his neck and pressed in tighter to him. “I am.” Why did she always have to get involved with the reckless? “It seems like you and Ed have a lot more in common than either of you are willing to admit. You're both foolish and reckless with your lives all working for a dangerous goal of some kind. What happens if…you just don't…that something bad happens and that you get...” She couldn't finish any of her thoughts; she didn't like the idea of Roy ending up losing his life, the mere thought of it made her blood run cold.
 
Taking in a deep breath, Roy felt his heart twist at her worried tones and words and then she tightened her arms around him. “Nothing is going to happen to me, Winry. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to. And all will be better in the near future because of my goals.”
 
“You're a damn fool, you know.” Winry didn't know why she was so worried over him, before any of this had happened; she really didn't care if he would end up dead somewhere. The idea of the way she used to think really made her feel ill, towards herself. Had she really been that bitter and that angry to wish death on someone else? Was she actually glad that she no longer thought that way? It sure seemed so.
 
“If being foolish means that I want to see my goals complete, then so be it.” Roy replied softly. “We're all foolish over something, aren't we?”
 
Winry smiled against his skin, “That we are.”
 
“Winry, where's my glove?” He asked, remembering that she had mentioned it and he wanted to change the subject as it was too heavy of a conversation and he didn't want her to worry anymore.
 
She got up off the couch edge, “Oh, it's in my room, in the top drawer of the bedside table. I can get it for you now.” She headed in the direction of her room. Winry maybe made it three steps before she was scooped up in strong arms, and a startled `eep' leapt from her lips as she had not been expecting that.
 
“I think I should go with you, there might be demons under the bed you need protecting from.” He smirked and was pleased at the laughter coming from her, and Roy continued to carry her into her room.
 
****
 
It was finally Sunday…
 
“Winry, what is this?” Roy held up a rather heavy suitcase, they were standing in the parking lot of Winry's building in back of his vehicle with the limited trunk space open and waiting for the last remaining pieces of luggage.
 
“My tool sets.” Winry replied brightly seeing his brow arched, making her feel a little awkward.
 
“All right, then what is in this one?” He picked up the other heavy suitcase with his other hand where he was now holding both of them.
 
“My spare set?” She said, seeing that look of his grow into something that she really couldn't describe, so giving him a sheepish expression she rubbed the back of her neck in nervousness.
 
Roy suddenly dropped both of them; they hit the ground with a loud `thud'. The look he was giving her was very far from amusement. “You only need one, it's not like we're going away for a whole year.”
 
Sighing, Winry looked at her cases of tools in disappointment. “Oh all right, just one.” She pouted, crossing her arms over her breasts.
 
“Go and put this one back.” He pointed to the left brown leather suitcase and picking up the right one and started putting it in the trunk of the car while Winry grabbed her spare tool set and took it back up to her flat.
 
When he was finished putting the suitcases in, he closed the trunk. Roy had been wondering why Winry had three suitcases when he only had one. Forget the fact that there was little trunk space. He didn't think she would have any time to work on anything while they were visiting his parents, but knowing her she was going to try. He really admired her dedication.
 
Roy could just feel that this whole visit was going to end in disaster. Good thing Winry was coming along, she would indeed make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. Looking up, he saw her coming down the stairs with a nice white sun hat in her hand that matched her ankle length dress.
 
Walking up to him, Winry said, “Good thing I went back up, I almost forgot this.” She smiled and shook the sun hat in front of her.
 
“Let's go then.” He opened the passenger side door for her, and she sat down inside. Once he was in the vehicle and started the engine, he pulled out onto the street.
 
She turned and took a quick glance at him, he was concentrating on the road and she leaned back against the seat, trying to get comfortable. “Where do your parents live?”
 
“In Amethyst, it's about a day's drive from here.” Roy leaned against the seat getting more comfortable himself, knowing that the drive was going to be long. “We'll probably arrive by early evening depending on how many stops we make along the way.” He looked at her for a moment finding her thumping her legs up and down nervously. Reaching out he placed his hand on her knee and squeezed comfortingly and admiring the feel of her beneath the thin cotton material she wore. “Relax, there's no need to be nervous. We're not even close yet.”
 
“Oh, so I should be nervous when we're closer then?” She asked trying to lighten her extremely worried and nervous thoughts. Winry didn't know the first thing about his parents, and maybe this felt a little too personal. A part of her didn't mind that it was, but another part was wondering just what she was getting herself into. “What are your parents like?”
 
“Hmm,” Roy took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. “My mother's name is Jennifer, but everyone in acquaintance with her calls her Jenny. She is very kind and gentle. Which probably isn't that odd for a mother, right?” Out of the corner of his eye he saw her nod slowly, and he felt a small twinge of guilt. Pushing it away for now, he continued. “I do care about my mother but she is very timid and quiet, especially around my father. She always does what he wants, never challenging his so called authority. She's the complete opposite of my father. “My father whose name is Gerald and who is retired from the military. He retired so he wouldn't have to go off to the Ishbal war when the orders went out. He's already seen a war or two in his day. It is him that I don't get along with at all. I always tried to maintain civility and not retaliate to his comments and actions but it was often difficult when he was a complete hardass, very strict and distant. He always wants everything to look and be absolutely perfect. Everything does have to go the way he wants it to, or else it's not done at all. He never bends for anyone, even his own family. At least that's been my unpleasant experience.”
 
“He sounds frightening.” Winry stared at her lap.
 
“Ah, I'm used to him.” Roy relaxed even more when Winry leaned against him, providing her comforting warmth. “As a kid growing up though, yes he was quite terrifying. He never raised a hand to me, but just one look or comment from him was like getting punched in the face repeatedly. It was when I was reaching my teenage years where he and I butted heads a lot. He always had to win every argument, prove every point that he was correct even when he was not.”
 
Winry glanced out at the scenery going by, “Being a parent is obviously a hard job, no one's perfect. Maybe he was just trying to do what he thought was best for you.” She shrugged, “Of course I don't know him, so that's just speculation.”
 
Roy shook his head in disagreement, “No, it was more like he was doing what was best for him. You'll see what I mean when you meet him.”
 
`I almost don't want to,' she thought to herself, hearing how hard and cold this man was. Winry wondered what the man would think of her. She didn't want to admit it but she was nervous in finding out.
 
 
They had made a few stops, and this last one was at a small café for lunch. It felt a little odd for Winry to be actually out in a public place with Roy like this. They never went anywhere together for the fear of someone seeing them. But a person had to have food to survive. Roy had requested a small table somewhere in the back, and Winry felt bad. She hated that everything was so secretive, but she didn't want anyone to find out about this either. Not because of what people would say, but because it would make things more difficult for him. For some reason she had stopped caring about what other people thought. It didn't matter anymore.
 
She had been seated so that her back was towards the entrance, that way only a blonde head would be seen from other customers. Roy's military uniform was recognized by others, so Winry definitely had to sit so that she wouldn't be commented on. Why couldn't he have worn more casual clothing, she assumed that he wanted to try and prove something to his father, like seeing how well he could do without him. She knew he had brought a week's worth of ordinary clothing, because she had been nice and had packed it for him.
 
“You know, we could have ordered something and took it outside, we didn't have to stay in here.” Winry said irritated. “I hate feeling like I'm doing something wrong by just sitting in here with you.”
 
He glanced at his plate of half eaten food, feeling just a little guilty. They had to keep their involvement as secret as possible. “I just didn't think you wanted to stay in the car anymore, we've been traveling for hours and figured you could use a change of scenery for a bit.” Roy just couldn't risk it getting out. He liked being with her and had no intention of stopping. And the only way he could continue to be with her was if it was kept out of the public eye. He was twelve years older than her, she was a fifteen year old girl no matter how mature she seemed. People won't see the mature young lady; all they'll see is the drastic age difference and it will ruin all his hard work. He knew that promotions don't just get handed to soldiers because of duty. He knew the politics of it. Too bad they weren't just given because of duty, if they had; he would already be a General by now. Of course who knew how many young mistresses the higher ups had under their belts? He knew it was a more frequent occurrence even if he couldn't prove it. Now was not the time to think about them, Roy would rather focus on Winry.
 
Winry waved off his comment with a slight swish of her fingers and leaned back in her chair. “So, how much do I owe you for this?” She gestured to the plate which used to hold a tomato and roast beef sandwich.
 
Propping up his elbows on the table and folding his hands, leaning his chin on them, a small smile was visible on his face. “Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it.”
 
“You don't have to; I can definitely pay for myself.” Winry pushed the half eaten pickle sliver around with her forefinger.
 
“I'm not going to let you; I'll take care of everything you need this week.”
 
Having him pay for her the entire week, it made her feel really uncomfortable. They weren't in a relationship, it was an arrangement made specifically about sex, and him saying he was going to pay for what she needed, it made her feel like she was for sale. “I don't know if I like that idea. That wasn't a subject discussed between us.”
 
“Why are you so against it?” Roy leaned forward a little so he could talk a little quieter and not bring attention to either of them. “I get paid very well for my position. It's not like I can't afford you.” He saw her cringe and knew at that moment he used the wrong phrase.
 
Winry felt ill, “God, Roy, I'm not a whore. You can't just—” She stopped in her comment when Roy waved his hand in the air.
 
“That's not what I meant. I know how it sounded. Believe me, I would never say such a thing about you or even think it.” Reaching over, Roy covered her hand tenderly with his. “It's just something I want to do for you. After all, you are coming with me to see my parents even though I know you didn't want to, and I am dragging you out in public like this when I know it doesn't make you feel very good that I have to keep what we're doing hidden and secret. So this is the least I can do for you. If there is anything more that you want, I will give that to you as well.”
 
Winry's cheeks were a soft pink as she stared at his hand on hers, “Well when you say it like that, I suppose its okay.” This was rather nice of him, even if it did make her feel a little uneasy. She should have known he would never have knowingly insulted her like that.
 
After Roy had paid for their lunch, they left the café in a hurry and continued on their way to his father's house. Since they left the eating establishment, they hadn't been on the road very long and Winry started dozing off. Her head kept falling back and forward, back and forward.
 
Roy could see that her movements were jerky and rough, so he with one arm carefully situated her against him so she could rest more comfortable and Winry was able to fall into a more restful sleep.
 
It had seemed that the minute she closed her eyes, Winry was being gently shaken out of her slumber.
 
“Winry, we're here.” Roy softly said and she slowly opened her eyes.
 
=====
 
Well that's it for this episode/chapter, What do you think lies ahead for them at this point. Go ahead and make a guess.