Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ Meet the Parents ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 14—Meet the Parents
 
Winry sat up and her jaw felt like it hit the floor at what she was looking at. She was nervous before, but now it felt like she was going to pass out. She swallowed hard.
 
A tall iron fence surrounded an immaculate estate; it seemed there were miles of well kept lawn that stretched up to a magnificent house…no house, was not the word used to describe it. It was a manor. Tall sculpted, pointed green trees lined the long driveway that an iron gate prevented entrance to those who weren't invited.
 
Roy pulled the car up to the small guard house and a man stepped out, the guard's eyes widened a little, he didn't speak but immediately ran to the latch in the gate and started to pull the gate open.
 
Driving the car in through the gate, Roy stiffened a little. He hated being back here. He took a look at Winry at seeing just how distressed she was. Perhaps he should have told her a little more about his parents, but it was too late now.
 
The driveway was pretty long, about a mile of trees and lawn, a small pond indicated that they were closer to the actual the manor. About another half mile of driveway, and they were at their destination. A circular driveway surrounded a beautiful marble fountain that depicted a long haired woman, wearing an ancient looking gown beneath the water falling around her. Five wide steps led up to the manor itself, which was made of marble and stone held up by its colossal pillars. There were so many windows!
 
Winry turned to Roy, massive panic in her eyes. “I think there was something you neglected to tell me.” She managed to keep the tremble out of her voice.
 
He slipped his arm around Winry and pulled her in close. “I didn't think it was important to mention this. But I understand how it would make you a little more nervous.”
 
“A little? I'm ready to wet myself.” She said in a low growl.
 
Roy couldn't help it, he laughed making her jaw drop open in shock.
 
He was laughing at her! The jerk! “It's not funny!” Winry cried, and turned back towards the manor. She was worried about making a fool out of herself. His parents were obviously very important.
 
Knowing how she was feeling since he could see it in her eyes. He would try to offer some form of comfort. Roy hadn't even informed her about his background or what his parents were within society. There was a good reason for that; he just didn't want her to feel any more nervous and uncomfortable than she had already felt. “Winry, just relax. It's all right.” Roy snuggled her in closer. “Just be yourself. Don't worry about trying to impress them. Just remember that you're not looking for my parents' approval.”
 
He saw the front door open. “Well it's time to meet my parents.” Roy said in a tight voice, he reached around her and picked up her hat from off the cushion. “Better put this on.”
 
With trembling fingers she took the hat from him and put it on her head. She made to open the door when he tugged on her arm. She turned still worried blue eyes to him.
 
“Let me do that.” Roy stepped out of his vehicle and rushed over to the passenger side and opened her door, just as two figures stepped out of the manor and onto the top step.
 
Roy gave Winry a reassuring smile as she slid out of the car and he closed the door behind her. He brushed his hand against the small of her back to give her a little more comfort. “Relax, this won't hurt…much.” Roy said in her ear before he turned and gave his parents on the top step his attention who had started walking down towards him and Winry.
 
Winry swallowed a hard breath of air looking up at the man and woman coming to stand before them. The woman looked surprised but not upset. She was quite lovely, long brown hair with wisps of gray; she had soft honey eyes and a very kind appearance to her. The woman was wearing a dark blue dress that reached her ankle. Winry quickly looked at the man beside the woman. Her eyes widened slightly at the very distinct resemblance between Roy and his father. The man was dark haired but the sides of his head were lined with gray. Their eyes were similar in color, but she was sure Roy's were darker and sure held a lot more emotion, that was for sure. There was a very controlled and hard expression on the older man's face, which sported a few wrinkles. He was dressed in dark slacks and a white shirt with a dark green vest. His posture was completely straight and tense and Winry felt a cold rush travel up her spine and spread out through her hair as he stared back at her as if criticizing her appearance.
 
Jenny broke the tense air around them and stepped towards Roy, “Oh look at you, my boy all grown up and a Colonel. I'm impressed.” She missed the embarrassed hue that lightly dusted her son's cheeks as she moved in to hug him.
 
“Hello, Mother.” He said looking over his mother's shoulder to his father.
 
“It's been way too long since you've visited.” Jenny said, pulling back. “I haven't seen you since you left for Central for the State Alchemist exam all those years ago.” She looked to her husband with a soft smile who simply straightened his posture more and saluted his son.
 
Winry looked over at Roy seeing him return the salute straight faced with a no nonsense expression. Her brows crinkled together in confusion. There wasn't a hug or even a handshake but a salute. It seemed Roy was right when he mentioned his father was a cold man.
 
Turning to the lovely young blonde woman at her son's side, Jenny smiled warmly. “And just who is this?”
 
Roy gestured to Winry, “This is Winry, she's my…” He caught her eye, “my girlfriend.” He saw pink heat Winry's pretty pale cheeks and he was relieved when she didn't argue. She was probably too nervous to speak or she was trying to be helpful.
 
Jenny's eyes narrowed in suspicious amusement. “When I had talked to Maes a few weeks ago, he never mentioned anything about you having a girlfriend. In fact he mentioned quite the opposite.”
 
Clearing his throat, Roy placed his hand on Winry's shoulder. “There are some things that Maes doesn't know and that I prefer to keep to myself.”
 
“Well,” Jenny continued to smile and moved closer to her son's girlfriend and gently took her affectionately by the shoulders. “My dear, you are certainly very welcome here.”
 
Winry offered a tiny, unsure smile. “Thank you, Mrs. Mustang.” She felt the woman's arm loop around her shoulder and pull her into her side. The soft scent of rose petals tickled her nose. That must be the scent she uses, Winry thought it smelled really pleasant.
 
“Dinner is at eight,” Jenny said brightly, “and I'm sure you two are tired from your long trip, perhaps you would like to rest and freshen up before dinner.” She started dragging Winry away who turned a nervous look to Roy, who subtly waved her forward and gave her a reassuring smile. “Don't worry, Winry dear,” Jenny continued to say, “I'll have a servant bring in your things. You must be exhausted, why don't I show you to—”
 
Once Winry and his mother were inside, Roy turned his attention to his father who stood there scrutinizing his appearance. “Is something amiss, Sir?”
 
Gerald raised his head, “a Colonel huh?” He clicked his tongue against the bottom of his mouth, inspecting his son's uniform. “By the time I was your age I was already a Major General.” He turned around and started to head back inside.
 
Roy rolled his eyes. He followed after his father, determined not to let the man get to him.
 
Jenny had escorted Winry up the massive staircase made of brass and white marble tile; a red rug lined the stairs. She turned to the right and took her down the hall. “I think the blue room should suit you well. It will go very nice with your eyes.” She said with a smile, seeing a small blush staining the girl's cheeks. She brought Winry to the fourth door on the right, and opened it for her allowing her to enter the room first.
 
Winry was in awe at the pretty room, there was a full sized bed adorned with dark and light blue blankets and sheets, with several matching pillows in the middle of the room pressed up against light blue walls. Next to the bed on both sides were two small tables. A lamp with a pale blue lampshade sat on the right side table. There were two medium sized picture windows on either side of the bed that were framed by white curtains with tiny blue flowers patterned on them.
 
Against the left wall was a cherry wood vanity and matching seat that had a white cushion. A closet was to the right side of the room near the door.
 
“So, do you like it?” Jenny asked even though she saw the very impressed expression on Winry's face.
 
Winry turned a kind smile to Roy's mother. “It's very nice. Thank you.”
 
“Oh, I'm glad you like it.” Jenny sat down on the bed. “So, Winry… I can call you Winry, correct?”
 
Winry folded her hands in front of her down against her belly, “Certainly.”
 
“Then I insist that you call me, Jenny.”
 
Letting out an uneasy breath, Winry nodded. “I'm sorry about this. I didn't realize that Roy hadn't mentioned at least in some kind of conformation that he was coming that that I was coming along with him.”
 
Jenny smiled prettily, “Oh, don't be sorry. I'm actually glad that Roy would bring such a pleasant young lady along for a visit. It was quite a surprise for me, as I was wondering if he needed some persuasion in settling down. But now I see you and I realize I don't have anything to worry about.”
 
Winry felt very awkward, knowing that Roy had no intention of settling down with one woman quite yet, and who knows when he actually would. But she wasn't going to say anything to cause problems for him and his mother. She seemed like a really nice woman.
 
“Now, how do you know my son?” Jenny asked, that pleasant smile not leaving her face.
 
`Even though it wasn't really his fault he shot and killed my parents, so that's how I am linked forever with him.' Is what Winry thought, but she couldn't say that. “I've always known of him. One of my friends is a State Alchemist under his command. It wasn't till I moved to Central City at the beginning of the summer that I got to know him more personally, he's made my stay in that city quite interesting.” Yes interesting was a good word for it. Winry noticed that Jenny seemed pleased with that information, she was so happy.
 
“Well I better let you rest; I've talked your ear off enough for now.” Jenny said while standing. She was about to turn and leave when there was a light knock on the open door and both women turned to see Roy standing there.
 
“I thought I heard your voices in here.” Roy said stepping into the room. “Do you mind if I speak with Winry for a moment, Mother?”
 
Jenny headed for the doorway, “Mind your manners, Roy.” She said passing him by hearing Winry's quiet laughter.
 
Clearing his throat, feeling rather uncomfortable, he reached over and closed the door, giving him and Winry some privacy. “About earlier, about saying that thing about you being my girlfriend…”
 
Winry really didn't have an objection to him saying that. If she did she would have said so. “It's all right that you said that, I know you don't want you parents to figure out that you're just—”
 
“—That's not it, Winry. I should have asked your permission before I said something like that. I am just glad that you didn't argue the point that you're technically not really my girlfriend.” He knew that he was right on the edge of irritating her, he could see it in her eyes. “Not that I wouldn't want you as one of course.” Roy looked away from her for a brief moment. When he returned his gaze to her, he found her cheeks pink and a small, cute smile on her face.
 
“Would you stop apologizing already? It's all right, I don't mind.” Winry actually kind of liked it when he said that, it had made her heart beat just a little bit faster in excitement. “You would know instantly if what you said bothered me, you know I always say what's on my mind to you.”
 
Roy smirked, “Yes, indeed.” He stepped closer to her, so that there barely an inch of space separating between them. He pulled her hat from her head and tossed it behind her on the bed. “My mother didn't seem to question you much yet.”
 
“It could be that she doesn't want to scare me off.” Winry pointed at herself with her thumb, “I am trying to feel more comfortable, but it's still a little nerve wracking.”
 
“I think you'll be more relaxed tomorrow.” Roy said, leaning closer to her and lifting his hand to trail the back of his fingers down her cheek, “Or I can help you relax right now?” He moved in and pressed a lingering kiss to her collarbone.
 
“Roy, we haven't even been here ten whole minutes yet.” She heard him laugh as he framed her shoulders. “And this is your parents' house.”
 
He pulled his mouth from her collar and looked into her eyes, “Your point is what now? Do you know how hard it was for me to restrain myself from touching you in the car while you were sleeping?” Roy liked it when she blushed and boy did her face heat bright red. His hands moved to her waist and his right one slid around to her front where he started to pull the front of her white cotton dress up. “Just a little,” He grinned seductively, pressing his nose against her cheek. “I only want to touch you a little; we don't have a lot of time before dinner.
 
Winry was going to protest when his fingers slipped down the front of her panties and he came in contact with her heated center. “But…I don't think…” His fingers were running up and down her now wet folds and rubbing the small bundle of nerves. “Your…they won't appreciate…” She bit her bottom lip and leaned into him. Winry could hear his heart beat pound and hear his quick pants in her ear as he continued to arouse her.
 
“Oh, Winry, you always feel so good, so hot.” He whispered in her ear and she whimpered. Roy pushed his finger inside her and plunged it in and out. Liquid heat was coating his fingers and he moaned lightly at the feel. With his other hand, he lifted it up into her hair and cupped the back of her head, bending her back a little and covering her mouth with his and thrusting his tongue deep into her mouth, just as he thrust his finger deeper in between her thighs causing her to drive her hips against his hand wanting to get more, to feel more. Winry's hands had gripped his arms tightly as he worked and rubbed her harder, faster, sending the white hot tingles of need to run rampant all through her.
 
He kept his mouth firmly locked on hers, kissing her deeply as she tightened around his digits, his thumb continuing in circling her clitoris making her feel every hot sensation as she reached her peak and fell over the edge, he swallowed her beautiful cry of completion. Having felt her legs turn to jelly, she leaned forward using him for support. His hand was still between her thighs, now gently caressing and stroking.
 
Lifting her face upward, seeing a very tiny pleased smile curving against his lips. He withdrew his hand from between her legs. Roy very slowly and deliberately took his finger still wet with her moisture into his mouth. He heard Winry's sweet whimper as she crushed herself against him, burying her face into his chest.
 
With a sly grin, he dropped his lips to her ear. “You taste very nice, Winry.” He purred seductively, licking the spot directly below her ear. “Too bad there isn't more time right now.” He enclosed his arms around her and pressing her close where he heard her soft sigh of contentment. Roy lowered his lips to the top of her head and closed his eyes. He simply loved cuddling her like this. It just felt so right and so perfect. He wanted to do as much as he could for her, to keep her safe, to protect her from all those that could hurt her.
 
A knock at the door disturbed the peaceful silence, but they didn't bolt away from each other like they usually would have, instead, Roy slowly pulled back and walked to the door opening it. A female servant was there holding Winry's suitcases.
 
“I'll take those.” Roy said and bent to take the cases from the servant and carried them over to the side of the bed.
 
The servant whose name was Maria smiled, “It is just about dinner time, Master Roy. Your parents would like you and the young miss to join them in the dinning room.”
 
Being home was sure embarrassing, Roy thought as he ran his hand through his hair, and heard the tiny laughter coming from Winry because of his reaction to that title of his. When the servant bowed and left the room, Winry walked over to him and nudged him lightly with her elbow.
 
“Master huh?” She giggled again, and laughed even harder when Roy rolled his eyes.
 
“Oh come on.” Roy reached down and took her by the hand, pulling her from the room.
 
He led her down the stairs and they walked along vibrant red rugs laid out upon polished hardwood floors, the walls around them held pretty paintings of scenery. They moved down the hall to the right towards the dinning room, its double doors were wide open
 
The room was bathed in soft light. Rose pink curtains framed the four tall windows. There was a pretty cherry wood table in the center of the room that was covered with a white table cloth. Eight chairs were surrounding it. Tall candle sticks sat in three places in the middle of the table. There were four place settings, one at the head of the table, one to the right and two to the left.
 
Jenny turned away from her husband when her son and his lady friend entered the room. She glanced down at their joined hands and noticed Winry squeeze his a little tighter and he squeezed her hand back. The poor young lady was still so nervous. Jenny would try to make Winry's stay as comfortable as possible. “I am glad you two could join us. Why don't we sit down?” She looked to Gerald who gestured for her to move forward first. Two servants standing about the room moved towards the table and pulled the chairs back for the ladies. Roy sat diagonal to his father and Winry was seated next to Roy.
 
Winry glanced down at the pretty white china with gold trim. Nicely polished silver wear rested on rose pink cloth napkins. There were two kinds of glasses, a wine glass and a tall slender crystal glass for water. A maid dressed in black and white carried around a crystal water pitcher and started filling the glasses. Another maid was carrying around a decanter of red wine. The maid lifted the decanter over the young blonde woman's glass…
 
Roy quickly covered the rim with his hand and shook his head no, Winry didn't protest so the maid continued around the table filling the remaining glasses. He had failed to see his father's right brow arch slightly.
 
“So, Miss,” Gerald started to say and the young woman turned her head in his direction. “This is quite a sudden development, you arriving here with Roy when he had never mentioned to his mother that he was even steadily involved with a woman. So I just want to find out a little bit about you. If you don't mind that is?” He said coolly. She was definitely a young woman, more like a girl. Gerald wondered how old she was, and would find out what this young girl was after.
 
“No, I don't mind at all.” Winry said with a forced smile, wringing her fingers together nervously beneath the table. To her the gentleman's tone of voice was rather cold and unfriendly. She felt Roy's hand come down on hers in comforting ease.
 
Gerald took a small drink from his wine glass, “First off, what's your family name?” He saw the woman's brows arch in confusion and his son lean over to her ear and whisper something.
 
“Oh,” Winry took a deep breath, “It's Rockbell.”
 
Leaning back a little and resting his wrist on the table, Gerald then asked, “I've not heard that name; who are your parents and what do they do?”
 
Winry felt increasingly uncomfortable, she did not want to talk about her family. Why was it so important for him to know this? “My parents, they were doctors but they're dead now.” She felt Roy's hand squeeze hers a little more and she glanced down at her plate setting, a maid had come by and put some creamy soup in the small bowl.
 
“I'm sorry.” Gerald said still coldly. “Do you live in Central City, Miss Rockbell?”
 
“Yes, for now that is.” Winry answered, lifting her head and glancing back at Roy's father. “I'm originally from Resembool and I moved to Central at the beginning of the summer.”
 
“Resembool?” Gerald said, unfamiliar with that place.
 
Roy cleared his throat, “Resembool is a calm country town. It's quite a nice place if I recall correctly.” He saw his father's mouth tighten knowing that the man was not happy. Roy was continuing to lightly brush his fingers over the top of Winry's hand that was resting on her thigh.
 
“What is it you do, Miss Rockbell? Are you in the military like Roy?” Gerald asked.
 
Letting out a small breath of air, Winry shook her head. “No, I'm an Automail technician and mechanic.”
 
That was something he was familiar with, “I see.” Gerald was not pleased at all. “Is it true that you Automail mechanics have knowledge in medicine?”
 
Winry's brow furrowed in thought, “Well yes, Sir. I do have a basic medical knowledge because I have to work with my clients' nerves, bones and whatnot.”
 
“She is quite gifted.” Roy complimented and caught her soft smile that she turned in his direction.
 
Gerald ignored that comment from his son, “Why not go for a career completely in medicine then?”
 
She definitely didn't like this round of questioning; it felt more like an interrogation rather than just him getting to know her. “Well to be perfectly honest, I don't ever plan on becoming a mainstream doctor. My job is healing but in another way; I make people feel whole again when they've lost something truly valuable. It's also the fact that I enjoy building Automail, taking things apart and seeing how they work. There's nothing I'd rather be doing.”
 
After that point, dinner was eaten in silence. Winry wasn't too hungry. She didn't even finish half of what was on her plate. She was too nervous!
 
Knowing that Winry was still uncomfortable, Roy stood intending on taking her back to her room so she could rest. He would honestly try and behave himself tonight. His father's judgment of her was completely unfair and he could see how much it was affecting her spirit. He now regretted not telling her everything about his back history and his parents sooner. “Thank you for dinner, Mother.” He said with a nod of his head in her direction where she lightly smiled at him. “I'll be taking Winry back to her room now, excuse me.”
 
Gerald suddenly stood, “Roy, a word if you don't mind?” It wasn't a request and he gestured to the archway that led out into the hall to the sitting room across the way.
 
Trying hard not to show his frustration, Roy turned to Winry very tensely. “Just a moment, this won't take long.” He walked across the room and out the doors to the room across the hall, after his father.
 
Walking near to the intricately designed fireplace, Roy stood there with his hands folded behind his back, appearing very commanding, while his father shut the door.
 
Tapping Winry on the shoulder, Jenny would try and offer some comfort for the poor young lady. “I can take you up if you would like it, Winry?”
 
Winry, smiling feeling a little more relaxed in Jenny's company shook her head softly. “I think I'll just wait for Roy, if you don't mind it?”
 
Jenny took a deep breath, feeling exhausted herself. Her shoulders slumped a little. She tried to maintain a strong appearance, but it was often difficult. This had been one of those days where she had been constantly tired. “I don't mind at all, you may wait for him if that is what you want.”
 
“Thank you.” Winry walked across the room and out the double doors, leaning up against the wall and waiting for Roy to finish with his father, who she didn't like too much.
 
Taking a similar stance as his son, Gerald stood in front of him with his ever present, cold countenance. He saw his son's eyes narrow slightly. “I am very disappointed. How old is that girl, Roy?” Gerald raised his chin.
 
“Old enough,” Roy answered, and slightly tilted his head while squeezing his fingers together out of frustration behind his back. This was none of his business.
 
“Just what was going through your mind, bringing a girl like that here?”
 
“Like what? I don't see anything wrong with her.” Roy's temper was boiling.
 
Gerald let out an exasperated breath, “Fortunately for you, I know what's wrong with her. There's quite a lot. She's a small town country girl with no valuable connections, no long standing family line, and an orphan who has nothing. She's an Automail mechanic for God's sake, and she won't strive for anything better. She is so far beneath you it's almost laughable that you are carrying on with such a—”
 
“Stop right there.” Roy warned, his tone dangerous and dark. “I don't care what you say about me, but I will not let you be rude to her. I like her, I like her a lot. In fact I might even—”
 
“—No you don't.” Gerald's voice raised a notch. “And what's this you won't let me be rude… just who do you think you're talking to, boy?”
 
That did it. Roy was a Colonel for the military with his own company to command! He wasn't a child, he was a man. “For your information, Sir, I know it's rather difficult for you to see past the end of your own nose, but I am no longer a boy. I haven't been one for quite some time.”
 
The older man smirked, and it wasn't of amusement. He did not like it when he was challenged like this. “That girl you brought is a waste of your time, just like all those others who only wanted one thing when it came to you.”
 
“Two things actually,” Roy said smug.
 
“No matter, they were all gold diggers and knew who and what position you have in this society.”
 
Roy tightened his hand into a fist; he really wanted to lash out at the man but restrained himself from doing it. “Winry didn't even know about this. I didn't tell her about any of it.”
 
“And just how do you know her? A poor little mechanic, I didn't think you went around slums.” Gerald said cruelly.
 
“I executed her parents, innocent doctors just trying to heal the wounded and leaving her orphaned. Then I went and recruited her at the time eleven year old friend into the military to serve my purpose. That's how I know her.” Roy replied, dark, sinister and with a cold smile. “This conversation is over. Winry needs me to counteract your judgment of her. Excuse me.” He turned on his heel and headed for the door.
 
Opening the door, he came face to face with his mother who looked a little distressed. “Is something wrong?” Roy asked. His mother didn't have to answer since he saw Winry. She was down the hall, but at the foot of the grand staircase, with her hat on her head and her suitcases in her hands and she hurried forward towards the front door. He didn't spare another glance at his mother and raced after Winry.
 
Just as Winry had pulled the door open, she heard rapid footsteps on the tile behind her.
 
“Winry, where are you going?” Roy felt as if his heart had fallen into his feet at the sight of her leaving like this.
 
“I'm going home. I knew I shouldn't have come here, but no I had to listen to you!” She said crossly, rushing out the now open doors and headed for the steps that would take her down to the driveway. At first she had been nervous and afraid, but now she was bristling angry and hurt over what she had overheard.
 
Roy was instantly on her tail and behind her where he grabbed her arm, she tried to shake herself from his grasp, put he tightened his hold. This caused her to drop her cases as she was forced around to face him. “Why are you trying to leave?” He tried to keep the anger and panic out of his voice.
 
Their confrontation was bringing attention to them by the several servants, and their heads were poking around corners and out the door and windows.
 
Winry growled up at him, “I heard what your father said about me, and I'm not going to stand for it. No way am I going to stay here. I may not have all what your family does, but at least I have some self respect!”
 
“You're not leaving.” He interrupted rudely.
 
“You can't tell me what to do.” Winry jabbed him in the chest with her finger. “In fact, this whole thing between us is over!” This was for his own good. She did not want to be the cause of more problems between him and his parents. “I'm going back to Central to wait for Edward.” She wasn't good enough for Roy.
 
Bending to pick up her cases, she didn't quite reach them for she had been lifted up and swung over Roy's shoulder. “Damn you, let me go!” She yelled.
 
Roy carried her back inside and turned to the servant at the door, giving the poor man who was now withering under his hard expression an order. “Make sure her things are put back in her quarters.” And he took her to the nearest room which happened to be that same sitting room that he was just in with his father.
 
Gerald and Jenny looked up in shock and confusion at their son carrying the young woman over his shoulder and her cursing at him while kicking her legs wildly in the air.
 
“Excuse us a moment.” Roy said tightly yet also calmly, passing by them and closing the door.
 
Walking to the center of the room he set her back down on her feet. She looked away from him and crossed her arms over her breasts completely irritated.
 
“We're you going to walk back to Central?” Roy was condescending.
 
“Shut up! I was going to the train station, and yes I was going to walk to it in the dark by myself.” Winry snapped back roughly.
 
Roy crossed his arms over his chest, in pure intimidation. “You forget, Winry that the arrangement between us, isn't over until I say it is.” He saw fire erupt in her eyes, darkening them.
 
“Why's it always about you, huh?! Do you not care at all about how I feel?” She cried in anguish and fury.
 
Slowly dropping his hands to his sides, shocked at the amount of emotion displayed on her face, Roy took a few steps towards her. “Do you really want it to be over?” His heart raced in an almost fear as ice gathered at his hairline and felt like it was spreading down his neck. He watched her take a deep breath and drop eyes full of sorrow and hurt to the floor. Roy swallowed a difficult breath. “Tell me what this is all about, Winry, be honest with me.”
 
“I don't know why you want to carry on with a girl like me, it doesn't…I'm just nothing but trouble for you.” She wanted to turn away but decided not to be cowardly and kept her eyes firmly on his. “I'm not good enough for you.”
 
His heart squeezed at hearing that and he stepped to her. “You heard everything my father said, didn't you?” Roy, at seeing her nod, reached for her and pulled her to him, cradling her tenderly against him. “He's wrong, Winry. He doesn't know you. He doesn't know how incredibly brilliant you are, and how caring and kind you can be.”
 
She pushed away from him. Staring at the floor for a moment, Winry gathered her emotions and thoughts before lifting her head and speaking. “But I don't have anything. I'm just an orphan girl who loves building and taking things apart.” She curled her arms around herself. “I'm a plain—”
 
“—You're beautiful.” He interrupted with a small affectionate smile and closing the distance between them.
 
“Wha?” Winry's cheeks had tinted pink and she jolted back as if she had been startled. “I'm what?”
 
That small smile did not leave his face, “You're beautiful, Winry.” Roy said, rubbing the backs of his fingers across her cheek. “And you're the most beautiful when you're hard at work on a new project, or explaining the process of building limbs. Your whole face lights up.” Her face heated at least three shades and it made him grin even deeper.
 
Winry squeaked in shock, “You…you're just saying that.” She wanted to hide her face it was so red. “I'm always working on something that I smell like a dang grease ball all the time.”
 
Roy laughed hard and loud causing her to blink in confusion at him. He instantly pulled her to him and wrapping his arms around her. “Trust me, Winry. I know your every scent and you do not smell at all like a grease ball.” He nuzzled his nose into the side of her neck making her gasp, then pulling back to look her in the eye. “Winry, I know that what my father said hurt you, but it doesn't matter what he thinks. I stopped caring long ago what he thought. I did not bring you with me because I was looking for his approval; I wanted you to come because I would miss you too much if I left you behind.” Winry rested her cheek against his chest and his moved one of his hands up her back and into her hair, and enjoying the feeling of her soft golden curtain of silk. “I enjoy being with you in all ways, Winry, and I want to be with you as much as possible.” `Before the Elrics take you away.'
 
Closing her eyes as she pressed even closer, Winry sighed deeply. Her heart was thumping hard at what he had just said. It made her feel really warm inside and she clung to him. “I…I like being with you too.” She couldn't believe that had fallen from her lips. What was happening to her? She wanted to be with him, she liked it. She liked when they talked, when they cuddled, when they got incredibly naughty… She liked it all and wouldn't deny it, no matter what her dead parents or Ed and Al would think.
 
Feeling dizzy, Jenny fell back and slid down against the wall.
 
Gerald spun around at the sound of his wife, a glimmer of panic in his dark eyes, “Jenny?” He bent down without hesitation and lifted her up into his arms, cradling her against his chest as he took her to the master suite. “It's all right, I've got ya.”
 
After carefully setting her in their bed, Gerald smoothed the blankets against her middle as she sat up against the beautiful carved headboard. “There was just too much excitement for you today.” He sat down at her bedside.
 
“Well, it's not everyday we get to actually meet a decent girl of Roy's.” Jenny smiled weakly as her husband continued to stroke her blankets against her thighs. She saw the soft expression in his eyes harden. “She's a good girl, Gerald, I can tell.”
 
He took a deep breath, “I don't know. She might be sweet, Jenny, but she doesn't have connections or a family lineage. She doesn't have what Roy needs.” Gerald said very seriously. “And I will not have this family's reputation ruined over a common country girl.”
 
Jenny tiredly and gently rested her hand upon her husband's. “My family didn't have connections or a family lineage either, or have you forgotten?” She noticed her husband had the decency to look a little embarrassed, not very much but she could see it. “I happen to think that this young lady has exactly what Roy needs.”
 
“I just don't want him to get in over his head; he'd always been a little girl crazy in the past.” Gerald groaned, “Most of the girls he brought to dinners when he was a teenager had been practically wetting themselves to get a piece of this.” He gestured to the entire estate. “Luckily he wasn't stupid to fall for any of their nonsense.”
 
Softly laughing, Jenny rested the back of her head against the headboard, “Roy was definitely not stupid with those girls, and he knew what he was doing. Not that I ever condoned that kind of behavior. Now this girl, Miss Winry Rockbell…she is different though, Gerald, I know it. She is not looking to grab onto Roy because of his inheritance. Can't you give her a chance? Please, for me and for your only son?”
 
Gerald couldn't take that look. He knew he was a hard man but one of those warming looks from his wife could melt his firm resolve. “All right, Jenny. I'll make an effort to get to know the young lady.” He was being honest; he really would give this country girl an honest chance.
 
=====
 
Well that's it for this episode/chapter. Hmm, what are your thoughts on Roy's parents? Do you like them or hate them? I hope I did a believable job with them.
 
Thanks for reading
Ryoko Blue