Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me ❯ The Man Who Will Fight For Her Honor ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: What makes you think I could possibly own this? Just where are you getting your information? honestly!
 
Summary: Winry determined to find the Elric brothers, headed to Central. Life is definitely full of surprises, and she certainly didn't expect this one.
 
 
Feel Me, Shame Me, Heal Me
Episode 19—
The Man Who Will Fight For Her Honor
 
 
The moonlight shining in through the window provided the only light in the bedroom of Winry's flat. In a mess of blankets and sheets, Winry was lying against her pillows that were slightly propping her up and lightly threading her fingers through Roy's raven hair. His chin was resting on her bare stomach, and the expression on his face was that of complete contentment. Winry's fingers softly trailed down the side of his face and brushed against his lips before moving back up to his hair.
 
There was no rush tonight, just the soft enjoyment of being in each others arms and each others warmth.
 
A few hours earlier, Winry had come to the conclusion that she was in love with Roy. She wasn't sure if she should say anything to him or not. She had been worried that he would shun her for such a confession, and it was that very feeling that kept her from saying anything. Roy had said that he cared about her many times before already. Caring for someone was a little different than being in love with them. There was no way that he would feel the same way, he was a worldly man who liked women a little too much. He'd never return feelings of love to someone young and like her. Roy deserved someone refined and with the compensation and age he needed to move up in the world. She could keep this feeling to herself, that wouldn't be so difficult, right?
 
Once the two of them left the Harvest Ball not in each other's company, but they had both left earlier than expected by others. The two of them, once they met up at Winry's flat, they could not keep their hands off one another, and now here they were...
 
Taking a deep breath, a light smile caressed her lips. Winry watched Roy lower his face, his dark lashes fanning against his cheeks as he was pressing gentle kisses to her belly and she let out a soft sigh.
 
Lifting a little from his enjoyable task, Roy again rested his chin on her belly and glancing at her lovely face bathed in the silver moonlight. This young lady had taken his heart, he had let her in…a place no one has ever been able to reach. He had to let her into all the aspects of his life, everything. “Winry, I want to become Fuehrer.” Roy said, softly. Watching the unsure expressions cross her face, he then replied “I'm serious.” Now her lovely blue eyes widened. He lightly stroked her belly and middle with gentle fingers. “That is my ultimate goal, what is so secretive and it is treason. Maes is helping me so I think his wife knows too. He keeps nothing from her.”
 
Winry let out a smooth flutter of air, “Oh, Roy.” She indeed sounded very worried and couldn't help the tremble in her voice.
 
“Now I just pulled you into this. If anyone gets wind of this plan of mine and I'm reported they will come after everyone I am close to. They really know how to dig into a person's private life.” He squeezed his eyes shut. “I just did a stupid thing and put you in danger by telling you. Yet, even knowing that, I couldn't be anything but completely honest with you; I had to tell you in case something unfortunate should occur and you are prepared.”
 
Roy watched her so closely and she seemed so far away now, and he rested his cheek against her. “Following pointless orders in this military, to kill innocent people is not what I thought being a State Alchemist was about when I joined the military. I wanted to do something good for my country, to serve it. But it is corrupt and unjust. The Ishbalans never did anything to us, they were and are peaceful. It was wrong to just go in and crush them like that, but I was an enlisted man with no opinion according the rules of rank. A Pawn on a chess set, it's what I used to be back then. I am going to do everything I possibly can, even if it means stepping on people to rise to the top, using people to my utmost advantage. I am not above kicking a man or woman when he or she is down. I will do what I have to, regardless of who I could hurt to get there.” He twisted his head in her direction and watched her eyes closely, which were not showing any emotion to him. “This is what I must do, to give back what I stole even if it will never be enough.”
 
Winry's heart was pounding in fear, for him. This was so dangerous. He was trying to do something good even if it was going to hurt others along the way. But in certain times, doing what one must no matter how much it would hurt is the only thing they can do. Winry understood that, she understood Roy's need to something right out of all the wrong in his life. “I don't like the idea of hurting people as you might do that to reach your goal. But I understand why you would and I won't think badly of you. Sometimes it's the only thing you can do. Oh, Roy, I support you, your goals, everything because I trust and believe in you. I know you want to make good, I know you want to do everything in your power to improve everything we the people of this country have.”
 
Roy cleared his throat, “What if I had to hurt you to prove my loyalty? How would you think of me?”
 
She felt her heart twist, that was something she couldn't answer. Winry felt ill at the idea of Roy having to do something to prove himself by hurting her. She didn't see how or why it would come up, but anything was possible. “Would you? Would you really do that?”
 
“I don't know.” Roy stared at her stomach, and lowered his cheek to her lovely form again, rubbing against her before settling down. If he had to, could he do it? Could he hurt her? “I think it would kill me if I had to hurt you. I don't know if I'd be able to do it.” He felt his eyes sting, just imagining himself standing in front of her, taking aim with a gun and having to shoot her to prove that he wasn't a traitor even though he really was. It hurt… it squeezed and threatened to suffocate the air right out of him. “To tell you the truth, Winry, I'd rather forfeit my own life to insure that you remain unharmed. So I don't think I could.”
 
“Let's hope we never have to find that out.” Winry said, watching him closely. Roy's eyes opened and she saw there, his dark orbs glistening with wetness. She wanted to comfort him, to chase away the hurt. “I wouldn't know what to do in that kind of a situation myself. I don't want you to worry or think about that anymore. I'll be just fine.”
 
“I'll protect you.” He promised with a soft smile, “no matter what, I'll defend you against anything. I'll keep you safe from all those out to hurt you. I can do that, you know? You can depend on me at anytime.” Roy crawled up her body sliding over her, where he pressed his nose against hers.
 
Winry was going to say that she didn't need anyone to protect her, but she rather liked the idea of him saying that and it seemed he actually meant it. It wasn't a false promise, or something to gain her favor since he already had it. “That sounds nice, no one has ever—”
 
He kissed her quickly. “I have been your first among many things, and it is this, my complete need to protect you is the greatest of them all.” Roy touched her face, his fingers spreading a little about her cheek, lightly caressing. “Sure, the others aren't half bad either.” He said with a playful smirk and then his lips feathered over hers, so soft so light, that she wound her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a deeper kiss.
 
****
 
A week later, Winry was sitting in her flat at the kitchen table putting together a leg for a customer. She had just screwed the last screw in place and smiled at her beautiful work. The shiny dark metal was so smooth and sleek. The joint bends weren't so sharp so that when others touched it there was no risk in getting cut. Doing these other customers' artificial limbs gave her ideas that could possibly improve Ed's Automail. Once he gets into see her, she'll try to talk him into a complete overhaul. She felt so giddy at the thought of that. She couldn't wait to attach the beautiful metals to his form.
 
There was a knock at her front door, and Winry looked up in wondering who it was. It couldn't be Roy as she had a key made and had given it to him so that he could get in on his own. Pushing back from the table, she stood up and approached the door. “Who is it?”
 
The voice on the other side answered, “It's Travin.”
 
Her eyes narrowed and she growled a little and unlocked her door, pulling it open just enough to look out. “What do you want?”
 
“Oh come on, you can't still be mad about what happened at that club, it's been awhile.” Travin sighed.
 
“Yeah well friends don't abandon each other when there's trouble.” Winry said with distrust in her eyes as well as anger. “So don't you dare tell me that I shouldn't still be mad about that. I could have died!”
 
Travin nodded, “I know, and you're completely right. Can I come in? I just want to talk and try to save whatever friendship we might still have. Please, it'll just be for a few moments?”
 
Winry groaned, “All right, but make it quick. I'm very busy.” She pulled the door open and let him pass.
 
Walking into her flat, Travin looked around. This was the first time he was actually allowed entry. The place appeared that the apartment complex comes furnished; this was how Fantine next door's place looked. He headed to the sofa and sat down as Winry closed the door. “This is a nice place, Winry.”
 
She shrugged, “I guess so. It's nothing like yours. Your place is beautiful.” A sudden thought entered her head and her eyes narrowed in thought and she started to pace. “I've been to your apartment on the Upper East Side, very ritzy.” That didn't make sense, her mind was taken back months ago to the evening she had at Club Forty-Four— Travin sighed in distress. “Not all of us can afford to live in a ritzy upper-class apartment complex like you, Winry.” His voice was flat and sounded depressed.
 
“My apartment is not upper-class, Travin. My building has flaws so the rent is low. You just have to know where to look.” Winry leaned back in her chair which creaked a little.
 
“Well I couldn't afford to look around. My family and I are struggling to get by. We actually live in this part of the city.” Travin looked away from her. “I'm probably not who you thought I was. I wish I could do better, but my family and I do the best we can. We're musicians not magicians. We can't pull money out of hats. Now you're probably so ashamed to be in the presence of such a poor man.”
 
Winry crossed her arms over her breasts and stared at him. “You told me that you don't live in a nice place. Now that I think back, you took me to a very nice apartment.”
 
`Ah shit! I forgot! I'm so fucking careless! This whole thing is ruined for sure! Might as well get my time's worth and see how she is. How can I test her if she's so uncooperative. Oh well, I'll have to be rough, there's not much time left. ' Travin cleared his throat. “Well I guess I just wanted you to uh—”
 
“Why would you lie!?” Winry suddenly shouted. “What exactly were you trying to accomplish with that?”
 
“I didn't want you to tell my sister! I have two places.” Travin suddenly said, appearing innocent of her accusation. But it seemed to her that she wasn't buying it. He stood up and approached her. “I know it seems silly that I would lie about something like that. But she thinks that it doesn't pay to be—”
 
“Oh just stop it! I don't believe you. You're dishonest, sneaky and I don't know what else.” She pointed her finger at him, “What I do know is that I want you to leave and never come back, don't even talk to me ever!”
 
It was time to get down to business. Travin squeezed his hand down at his side. In a flash he swung it and it connected hard with her cheek, her heat twisted with the force of his hit, echoing in the room. “You know, I've just about had it with your attitude. I try to come here and explain myself and all you do is yell at me and accuse me of dishonesty.” He said very calmly seeing the red hand print forming on her face. She was staring hatefully at him.
 
“Get out.” Her tone was dark and hostile as her eyes darkened to an almost black in rage. “I said get out!”
 
“Are you going to make me?” He said in humor, taking a step closer to her almost putting his nose against hers. “I'd like to see you try it.”
 
Her wrench was suddenly in her hand and she swung it at him, but he caught her wrist in an unforgiving grip causing her to cry out and drop her `weapon'. Winry yanked her hand, trying to pull it out of his grip and flailing about. It was hard to keep a hold on her as he thrashed about to in trying to keep her still. With a sudden idea, Travin's foot swept beneath hers and knocked her down to the floor where he went with her. She was still struggling about and he was trying his hardest to hold her down. Travin in the rushed right had managed to pin the girl to the floor, his hands holding her wrists above her head and his lower body keeping hers on the floor, he put all his weight on her so she couldn't move.
 
“Stop it.” Travin grinned into her face. “I am a lot stronger than I look.”
 
“What are you doing, get off me!” She shrieked. `Oh God, this isn't happening. Help me! Someone, anyone!' Nobody would know what was going on, Roy was still at Military Headquarters and wouldn't be back till later this evening. Yet her mind still shouted for him, begged for him to come here right now! Were Ed and Al just allowing her to beat them up when she did, had she really no strength to defend herself at all?
 
Travin laughed as she continued to struggle to pull her limbs loose from his hold. “I have been trying so hard to earn your trust! You are far the most difficult and stubborn girl I have ever encountered. You're too smart for your own good.” He released one of her wrists and she swung it at him, hitting him hard again and again, but that did not stop him using his hand to get beneath the top of her dress and grope her breast, squeezing hard making her scream in pain as it felt like she couldn't breathe. That really hurt. “Stop hitting me.” He threatened
 
“Don't touch me you sicko!” She thrashed again and again.
 
“You are a young and pretty girl, Winry. I just can't help myself. Don't resist me, it's pointless.”
 
He swung his hand again, slapping her hard and she `yelped' in pain stunned for a moment as she had been knocked silly for a moment. “I don't want to break your face, its far too useful to me in one piece. But I will if you force me to! I was going to go easy on you, but it seems you like pain.” Travin snickered rudely.
 
Winry felt it! His hand was moving up between her legs and groping her there. It wasn't soft or gentle. It hurt! “Stop it, stop it!” She could feel her eyes swelling with tears of pain and humiliation as his fingers pushed hard inside her and she groaned in anguish. She wasn't strong enough to get away from this. Her wrench was out of reach and her hands were pinned.
 
“This is nice, huh?” He snickered and lowered his face to hers.
 
Winry saw her opportunity and without really thinking she just needed to get him off her! She bashed her forehead against his with a sickening `crack' causing him to practically throw himself off her as he gripped his head in agony. She was partially free, she was able to get her leg out from beneath him and her foot made hard contact with his groin and Travin, stunned and squeaking like a mouse, he rolled onto the floor clutching himself.
 
She jumped to her feet and raced for the door. Without looking back, Winry pulled the door open she ran out of her apartment, practically flying down the steps of the complex. No one was going to stop her. Perhaps it was weak or pathetic to run to Roy, but she felt she needed him, to see him. Even if there was nothing he could really do.
 
Tears still stung her eyes as her feet continued to pound hard against the concrete, she wouldn't stop. She couldn't stop. Not until she got there…
 
She ran right in through the open gate of Military Headquarters and reaching the door she wrenched it open. Her entrance was loud and almost violent causing everyone to turn and look in her direction.
 
Fuery approached her, seeing her face, a few bruises and it was streaked with tears. “Oh my God, Winry what happened?” He stared in horror, his eyes wide behind his glasses. He reached up to touch her arm but she evaded the what would be comforting gesture.
 
She was panting, “I… I need to talk to uh, the…to Colonel Mustang, please.”
 
He nodded and took her by the arm towards the Colonel's door. He wondered if it had something to do with him. The state of her unhappiness. The Colonel must have been taunting Edward in front of her again and she was so sad about it and she came to insult the Colonel to his face…only that wouldn't really explain her tears. Deciding to think about it quietly to himself, he knocked on the Colonel's door and was given permission to enter. Opening the door, he saw the man behind the desk look up; there was a small stack of papers on the right side. Kain wondered if the Colonel even got started on those or was he just napping again?
 
“What is it?” Roy asked, he was just disturbed in his important work on which window he was going to clean first, or what couch would be best for a nap on. Then noticing the worried look in Fuery's expression, he wondered what was going on that was so serious.
 
“Miss Rockbell said she needed to see you.” Kain stared at the floor, “I think something bad happened.”
 
Roy immediately stood, his pulse spiked, “Well don't just stand there, let her in.” He demanded.
 
Fuery stepped aside turning to around and nodding his head.
 
Moving really fast, Winry seemed to race inside the office. She saw Roy's face harden his eyes moved over her face, moving down to her toes and back up again in scrutinizing her appearance. With him looking at her like that, a dark cloud seemed to pass over her heart, almost suffocating it. She never saw him look so furious before and the only expression was in his eyes. His face remained ever neutral in appearance.
 
“Leave and close the door, Fuery.” Roy said very tight, and his subordinate did just what he was told. As soon as the door closed, Winry rushed to him throwing herself at him. “What happened?” His arms wound around her. Somebody hurt her, it was plainly obvious. He wanted to know the exact details and the person responsible for this outrageous transgression.
 
“I…I was working on…and Travin uh…stopped by to talk to me.” She squeezed her eyes shut. “He tried to…he wouldn't…” She pushed away from him, feeling so pathetic that she had to run to him with this problem. Was it a mistake to come here?
 
Roy watched her turn her back on him, “he hurt you?” It was not a question.
 
Winry nodded, “Yeah, he tried to… Ugh I'm so weak! I couldn't even stop him before he…” Tears of frustration filled her eyes and she slapped her face with her hands. “I'm so stupid, so pathetic.” Her hands were instantly grabbed and pulled away from her face.
 
“Stop hitting yourself.” Roy sighed and pulled her forward, wrapping her in his protective embrace. “You can't expect to be tough and strong with everything. Especially, against a man who is a lot bigger than you.”
 
“I felt so helpless.” She sobbed, pressing her face into his chest. Roy rested his lips against the top of her head as he cuddled her tightly into him. Rage surged his insides. Placing his hands on Winry's shoulders he pushed her back from him, looking at her. His eyes moved to those bruises forming on her face and he leaned in softly kissing them.
 
“He's not going to get away with this.” Roy released Winry and turned to his desk.
 
Grabbing his glove from off the desk top he started putting it on. Opening his desk drawer he pulled out a gun and its holster that would strap around his waist, he put it on beneath his uniform skirt.
 
Winry swallowed hard, “What are you going to do?” her voice trembled. The scary thing to her was how Roy was acting so very calm. That was usually when things were the most dangerous.
 
“Just a little clean up,” He said completely calm. Roy turned to her, his dark eyes expressing all enraged emotions swirling and twisting inside him. “I want you to stay here and wait for me to come back. Don't leave.” With smooth movements he headed towards the door. Without looking back, he exited the room closing the door behind him. Without telling anyone, he left Headquarters intent on taking care of that insect that needed extermination.
 
 
Roy had checked Winry's apartment, her workshop. The rodent wasn't at either place. Since Roy didn't know where he lived, he would find out from the fool's place of employment. He made his way to Antonio's, and could hear piano music coming from inside. Perhaps the dead man was here after all?
 
Pushing the door of fancy glass and wood open, Roy stepped into the bar area. Glancing around, he found that there were only two people here, the bartender who was reading a newspaper behind the bar and Travin Walker who was at the piano. Roy walked right up to the instrument, and the young man lifted his head.
 
“We're not open yet.” Travin said glancing at the bartender who now put his newspaper down and was watching him, before returning his gaze to the military man beside him.
 
“I am aware of that.” Roy said calmly. He looked to the bartender. “Would you excuse us?” It was not a request.
 
The bartender didn't have to be told twice, he seemed to rush right out. The situation he could tell was not going to be good, especially if it involved Colonel Mustang of the military.
 
Roy, expressionless, walked to the piano bench right next to Walker who appeared to be looking at the keys. But he could see Walker watching him out of the corner of his eye in suspicion. Roy's lips lifted in a cruel smirk when he quickly reached over and slapped the piano keys cover down. Travin yanked his hands from the keys in a rush, barely escaping the crushing of his fingers from the hard polished wood.
 
“What did you do that for?” Travin growled, he had an idea what this visit from the man was about, but he'd keep quiet. “You could have broken my fingers.”
 
“If you think that I'm going to stop with just your fingers, you're mistaken.” Roy threatened in extremely low tones that expressed rage, yet he appeared outwardly very calm. Reaching over, he yanked Walker up by the back of his shirt and a tight grip on his arm. With a powerful strength, Roy tossed the young man to the floor, who hit the ground hard and slid back a few inches with the force of the throw.
 
Travin was able to turn over, sitting up with his knees bent while he sneered up at the man walking towards him. “You—” He didn't have time to really speak or do anything for he was grabbed by the front of his shirt and roughly tugged onto his feet and moving back at a rapid speed, where he found himself slammed up against the wall, the back of his head colliding hard with the wood paneling that he actually saw stars for a moment and he groaned out in pain. “Have you…lost your mind?!” Travin couldn't help but be a little nervous at the amount of strength this person seemed to have. “Let me down!”
 
Roy's cool expression changed instantly to one of fury. “You hurt Winry, so I'm going to hurt you. Seems fair, doesn't it?”
 
“You actually believe her? How funny this situation actually is. You're defending a girl who came onto me.” Travin laughed and realized he was still several inches off the ground.
 
Did this idiot Walker actually expect him to believe that load of bull? “Nice try.” Roy said condescending. “But I'm afraid it's not good enough.” Pulling his hand with his pyrotex glove on from the hold on Walker's shirt and was still managing to hold the boy up against the wall, Roy held that very hand up and in front of Walker's face. “This is really going to hurt.” He said slowly and evilly.
 
“No, wait!” Travin begged, sounding ever the coward he really was. “I'm sorry! I lied. I tried to make her do what I wanted but she kept telling me no. She got away before I could really do anything. Please just…I have a sister and cousins to support! Think of them!”
 
If it wasn't for the fact the rat had a stupid family, Roy would have dealt with this problem with a twist and snap of his neck.
 
Roy kept in his threatening growl and lowered his hand from the young man's frightened face. “I want you and your wretched family to leave the city. Go far away and never come back here.” He saw Walker nod fast. “If I see your face ever again…” He let his threat trail off as there would be a number of things he was so willing to do to this punk. “Pathetic coward, you can't even defend yourself.” Roy hissed and released Walker. The young man fell to his knees on the floor and Roy turned to walk away. He stopped hearing the snide laughter coming from Walker.
 
“You certainly went to a lot of trouble for this girl.” Travin said chuckling. “Why even bother?” Travin's eyes narrowed slyly, “Ah-ha! It's true then, isn't it? Naughty, naughty, Colonel, I didn't realize you had a fetish for fresh young girls. You're positively fucking the little tease.” He laughed harder while attempting in getting to his feet. His shoes were scraping against the floor as he lifted up and stood tall. “Perhaps if I had tried a little bit harder I might not have had to force her, I could have had a piece of that fine tail willingly.”
 
A smile that really did not express any amusement at all crossed Roy's face as he turned back around—
 
Travin was smashed in the face by a hard fist and his head twisted to the side with the amount of force in that attack. The rest happened all in a blur and Travin found that he was up against the wall again. The metallic tang of blood was bubbling in his mouth and even dribbling down the sides, which was hurting really bad. His bottom lip was split.
 
This time Walker was eye level with the Roy who reached into his uniform jacket and pulled out a gun and pressing it against the other man's face, up against his mouth where the barrel of the gun pushed hard past his teeth and into his mouth. Walker's eyes widened incredibly large, his heart was pounding so hard. Roy pressed his arm hard against Walker's throat holding him tightly against the wall with his obsidian eyes ablaze with pure hostility, which was the only emotion visible from the very intimidating Colonel.
 
“If you ever go near Winry again, I will kill you.” Roy said with dark promise. Then slowly and with purpose pressed the gun's hammer back, the weapon making a small clicking noise that had Walker close his eyes tight and swallow so hard he might choke. “Open your eyes and look at me you worthless shit.” Roy demanded in rage, and at the sound of that dangerous low tone, Walker's eyes opened. “Do you think I'm bluffing or even joking?” He wasn't. He was very serious. Roy watched Walker shake his head violently, “Your life is one I will have no regrets in taking, in fact it's fairly easy for me to do it. Stay away from her.” Roy's face slowly broke out into a small dangerous grin. “Do we have an understanding?”
 
Nodding, Travin's temples were dripping with sweat as he was dropped roughly and he slumped against the wall, his heart thrashing inside his chest violently, while the Colonel walked away, releasing the hammer of the gun and placing it back beneath his uniform jacket so calmly as if nothing had happened. He watched with a heaving chest as the military Colonel pulled his glove off his hand and tucked that into his pants' pockets. Travin felt he was lucky; he could have been fried on the spot. Something small and white with a bit of red was on the floor next to his shoe. It looked like a tooth.
 
****
 
“Where have you been, Colonel?” Someone asked as Roy stepped inside, walking to his door.
 
Roy's eyes narrowed slightly, “I had to take care of some garbage.” He walked right up to his office door and turned the handle, stepping inside. He closed the door as Winry who was sitting on the right side sofa with her legs pulled up to her chest, lifted her head. Her long blonde hair was a mess and half of it had been pulled from its pony tail and hanging down over her cheek and hanging against her shoulder. She straightened her posture as he came nearer to her.
 
Instead of stopping at her side, Roy continued to his desk where he unbuttoned his uniform jacket and yanked it roughly off his arms and placing it on the back of his chair. He then went beneath the uniform skirt and removed the gun holster and placing it back in his drawer, closing it with a kick of his foot.
 
Winry stared at the floor before swinging her feet over the edge of the sofa and stood up. “What happened? What did you do?” She wondered why he wasn't saying anything. His silence worried her. She walked right up to him and he had yet to turn around. Hesitantly, Winry reached out placing her hand on his shoulder and felt him stiffen. Even with him doing that she did not remove her hand from him. “Roy…” She hoped he didn't do something he would regret. There was already so much that tarnished him.
 
“He's been punished.” Roy said, his voice was rough that he cleared his throat. He turned his head seeing her eyes filling with tears and seeming to know what she was thinking. “Don't worry, Winry. I have not taken his life.”
 
“You don't need anything more to suffer over, Roy.” Winry nodded, glancing down at her feet. “So I'm glad you didn't, not for him, but for you.”
 
Roy stared at a point over her shoulder, “I really wanted to.”
 
Winry shook her head, “He's not worth it, Roy. He's a pathetic coward.”
 
“That might be true. But, Winry… you're worth it. I would have done it.” Roy looked at her, her head bowed. Had he really put her above all else? He was willing to kill a man because he dared to harm the person he cared for most. He might not have felt regret or guilt at that moment he thought about killing Walker, but Winry was right. She knew that he would feel it later, because he would have no right to take anyone's life. …Even if that person deserved it. Walker will get what is coming to him, equivalent exchange, right? Even Roy hardly believed in that. He had given so much, what did he receive in return? Pain and suffering? Something clicked in his mind and he looked right at Winry. It was her. She was in exchange for his suffering. He had lost so much during the Ishbal Massacre, but he gained when his tragedy had inadvertently brought Winry into his life. She was peace. She was comfort. She was ultimate forgiveness for his most horrible and disgusting sins. No, she was more than that. Winry was life.
 
Roy took one step and Winry was immediately in his arms and he was holding her tight. Wanting to feel her, to feel everything she gives him. His hands moved to her face where he tilted back and claimed her mouth with his. She clung to him, her hands going up his back and curled about the white cotton of his shirt, gripping tight as his kissing her turned more torrid.
 
Yes…Winry was life.
 
======
Well that's it for this episode/chapter. And just like I thought, what I want to do will take up two chapters. So there are three more chapters to go instead of what would have been two. I hope that makes you all happy. So what did you all think of this one? Roy's pretty impressive, yes?
 
Thanks for reading.
Ryoko Blue