Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ First Times ❯ Sally Makes Another Appearance ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

ANYWHO, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS REVIEWED THIS SO FAR FOR THEIR KIND REVIEWS OF MY STORY. I HOPE THIS PART IS UP TO YOUR STANDARDS STILL. AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO . . . THE FIC. ^_^



CHAPTER 8:

Duo stared at Heero in incomprehension. Surely Heero hadn't just kissed him, had he? Frowning, Duo touched his lips again, feeling the slight tingle that still lingered there. "Heero? Why?" he finally asked in disbelief.

Heero shrugged, uncertain how to continue. He had never felt this way before and wasn't sure if he liked it. Beginning to turn away, he tried desperately to recapture his normal impeccable calm. It was a struggle he was losing especially when he felt a warm hand on his elbow. Trying to shift away from the slight touch, he froze when Duo grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at the violet eyed beauty.

"I believe I asked you why you kissed me?" Duo smirked at Heero's obvious discomfort.

Heero, for his part, glared at the boy beside him. "You answer mine and I'll answer yours, " he finally stated.

Duo frowned. "And what question is that, Heero? I already told you why I kissed you . . ."

Heero shook his head. "No, what I want to know Duo is what do you want?"

Duo pulled back in surprise, letting go of Heero's chin. "What do I want?" 'You, naked and writhing beneath me while I take you higher than you have ever been before. I want you to beg for mercy. Oh God!!! I want you, heart, body and soul.' But Duo Maxwell said none of these things, knowing it would end with him on the wrong side of Heero's handgun. He could just see the headlines now. PILOT FOUND SHOT TO DEATH IN ISOLATED AREA AFTER CONFESSING HIS LOVE FOR FELLOW PILOT. Yeah, sure. That's what he wanted.

Heero watched the flicker of emotions cross over his comrade's face, some too quick to decipher. Others, he thought were vaguely recognizable . . . "Duo?" he asked uncertainly.

The brunette swung his waist length loose hair around him as if it could somehow shield the violet eyes from being perused. "I-I don't know how to answer that . . ." His voice trailed off when he saw the hurt expression slide across Heero's face.

"I see." The Japanese boy stood stiffly, holding onto his shoulder as a spasm rocked him. "Good evening, Duo."

Duo was up like a rocket, grabbing Heero by the back of his jeans and pulling the other boy flesh up against him. A small niggling of warning shot through Duo's mind as he felt the hardness of Heero's gun press into his abdomen, but he chose to ignore the small whisper of caution. "That's all you have to say? Good evening? Well I won't let you leave. I won't let you shut me back out Heero!!!"

Heero's eyes flashed in consternation. Since when had he let the other boy in? But he knew the answer. Duo had been worming his way into Heero's heart for as long as Heero could remember. From his infectious laugh to his devil-may-care attitude, Heero knew he was lost. However, he would sooner die than tell the braided boy exactly how he felt, especially since the 02 pilot seemed to be playing with Heero and his emotions. Grasping at straws, Heero let his face fall back into his emotional mask. Cracked as it may be, it was still familiar and therefore comforting. "Let me go, Duo, " he said without even a hint of the emotion boiling under the surface.

Duo shook his head rapidly, several locks of his chestnut hair swinging up and slapping him on the cheek. "No!! Quit hiding behind that damn mask of yours, Heero!! I can see through it, you know. I always could!!!"

Heero face-faulted, the mask slipping away unnoticed. "Nani?" Heero finally managed in surprise.

Duo sighed, settling back down on the floor with Heero firmly seated in front of him. Spying the brush he had dropped earlier, he reached over to pick it up and began to idly run his fingers over the sharp prongs of the brush. Resting his chin on top of Heero's head, he tried to work through his feelings.

Heero remained quiet and almost motionless as if sensing Duo's unusual turmoil.

An eternity passed or what felt like it to Duo before he decided to try again. "Heero, I'm sorry I upset you. I just don't know what you want from me . . ."

Heero smirked deprecating. "I thought you could see through my masks?"

Duo groaned. "Usually I can but you, yourself, seem confused as to what you want."

Heero leaned closer to the fire for a moment before replying. "I don't know what you want either Duo. I would say we were rather even, don't you think?"

Duo smiled slightly. "Yeah, I guess. All I know is that I like you Heero. But I . . ." he broke off as he heard a noise outside.

Almost instantly the two boys were on their feet, guns held in white knuckled grips. Duo had scooped his up off the counter behind them while Heero pulled his from the back of his jeans. Duo headed for the door, waving Heero back who was pulling his button up shirt back on, leaving it unbuttoned

Seeing Heero was out of sight of the door, Duo placed a hand on the doorknob just as a light knock came on the wooden surface. His eyes narrowing, Duo chanced glimpsing out the window at the arrival. Seeing who it was, he sighed with relief, slipping his gun into the back of his own jeans. Pulling the door open as the person went to knock again, he grinned at their visitor. "Why Sally, whatever brings you back to our esteemed abode?"

Sally shot Duo a small smile before she strode fully into the room. "I came to see our patient of course. How is he?"

Duo shrugged with a mischievous glint in his eyes, making Sally instantly wary. "Ask him yourself. He's right behind you."

Sally whirled in surprise to see Heero reclining casually against the doorframe leading into the room. If she noticed his shirt being unbuttoned, she had the tact not to say anything, though she would have had to be both blind and stupid not to notice the sexual tension in the room. Attempting to ignore what she thought she was obviously interrupting, she exclaimed, "Heero!! What are you doing up? You should still be in bed," she scolded.

Heero just shrugged and went back to his place in front of the fire as if seeking its warmth.

Sally raised her eyebrows at the stoic pilot who was actively ignoring her. Turning to Duo, she went to open her mouth when the Deathscythe pilot gave her a minute shake of his head. Getting the message, she kept her mouth shut but went over to sit next to Heero. "Will you at least let me check your wound?"

"Hn," he said sticking his arm out for her to examine. Duo watched from the kitchen, deciding not to interfere. Retrieving another soft drink, he popped the tab to take a drink.

Sally's eyes widened as she realized that Heero was actually being cooperative with her for once. The last time she had had to treat him for a gunshot wound, he had ripped through his bindings and almost killed himself in his attempt to get away. Shaking her head, she carefully undid the bandage, frowning slightly when she saw that blood had almost seeped through the covering. Cleaning the stitched area once more, she re-wrapped the arm in a fresh dressing before turning her attention to Heero's eyes.

Pulling a small penlight out, she flashed the light in each of his scintillating sapphire eyes before putting the small light away. "Heero have you been stressing that arm today?"

The teen shrugged, not answering.

"Heero!! You know you need to take it easy. You're lucky you didn't pull your stitches out."

At this, Duo was instantly by Sally's side, his drink lay forgotten on the countertop. "What? How? He didn't do anything today. I made sure of it."

Sally returned her level gaze to Heero's stubborn one. "Heero?" she prompted the Japanese boy.

"I was trying to open the flue and forgot about the shoulder." The words were said matter-of-factly and with an icy undertone, suggesting the others drop it. Once again, Duo failed to listen to the warning.

"That's why you have been holding your arm lately, isn't it? Damn it Heero!! Why didn't you tell me?!"

Heero shrugged. "We were busy talking of other matters."

Duo felt his face grow warm but shrugged it off. "You still should have told me . . ." he sulked.

Sally looked back and forth between the pilots and had the distinct impression she had come at a very bad time indeed. Getting up from her position, she began to pack her things while listening to the ever-growing silence between the two pilots. Feeling a need to break the oppressive silence, she asked "Duo, have you been giving Heero that antibiotic I prescribed?"

Duo looked over at Sally in surprise. He had almost forgotten she was even still there. "Yes, I have. He's due for another in a couple hours."



"Good. I'll be going now. You two probably won't see me for a few days. I have some more patients that I need to see too on the other side of the colony."

Duo waved her off, his eyes never leaving Heero's deep pools of blue. "It's alright Sally. We'll be fine."

Sally nodded. "I'll just let myself out, then. Goodnight." She was almost to the door before she remembered. "Oh and Heero?"

The short haired boy looked up at her in question.

"You need to keep a very low profile. Your face has been plastered all over town as suspect in the recent destruction of that base you destroyed. The town is in an uproar, some thinking they are harboring a mass murderer, others thinking you did them all a favor since that base was draining off their water supply."

Heero blinked. "Arigatou," he replied very quietly, almost too quiet for Sally to catch, but she could see the warmth in the blue-eyed pilot's eyes. Nodding, she closed the door behind her, leaving on foot to where her car was hidden from view two miles down the road.

Duo went over and locked the door behind Sally before returning to Heero's side. "I'll stay with you Heero. I won't leave like I said I would." He swallowed before adding, "that is if you want me to stay . . ."

Heero looked up at the violet eyed boy and nodded. "Hai, I would like you to stay, Duo."

Duo smiled and hugged Heero impulsively, careful not to jar his shoulder. "Baka, you really should have told me that shoulder was bothering you. What could have been more important that you forgot about it being injured?"

"You were," Heero replied before he could stop himself.

Duo smiled in surprise. "Love ya, too."

Heero didn't respond but he tightened his hold on the other boy, running his fingers lightly through the loose chestnut locks. 'If only you meant that, Duo. . .' he thought darkly.