InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Distractions ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome huffed audibly as she lowered her naked body into the water of the hot springs. "Don't go too far." She hollered as Shippo played around the edge of the forest, popping in and out of bushes while shaking his furry tail.

"Don't worry mama." Shippo chirped as he took on an almost regal stance, well, what would have been a regal stance, if he weren't two feet tall. "We Youkai can smell danger coming from miles away."

Kagome gave her kit a weak smile as she let the warm water of the hot spring lap over her shoulders. Vaguely she wondered what danger smelled like, as her mind drifted randomly from one topic to another. 'Radishes' Her wandering mind supplied. 'Danger smelled like Radishes.'

Suddenly Kagome's thoughts of perilous vegetables were brought to a screeching halt as the sound of her kit squeaking quickly grabbed her attention.

"Put me down you big jerk!" Shippo barked as his hands and legs flailed around uselessly; a tall figure holding him up by his tail.

"Silence." The baritone voice demanded causing Shippo to go limp and fall quiet.

"Don't you hurt him Sesshoumaru!" Kagome screamed as she lowered her body into the water up to her neck and attempted to cover her body with her arms.

"Miko." The baritone voice stated firmly again. "Why are you not with the others?"

"Um." Kagome bit out dimly as she tried to imagine everyone bathing together without falling over with laughter. 'Mirokou would drown.' She noted before shaking her head and turning her attention back to the taiyoukai. "I'm bathing. Isn't it obvious?"

"Hn." Sesshoumaru answered again in a tone that belayed nothing. "And the hanyou just let's you wander off alone?"

Kagome's eyebrow twitched. "Uh yeah. "

"Hn." Sesshoumaru remarked again as he let his eyes fall on the kit within his grasp.

"Hey!" The young miko chirped, gaining Sesshoumaru's attention again. "You grabbed my ass." She intended it as an accusation but it came out as more of a question.

"I did." The taiyoukai responded in a tone that suggested the word ~duh!~ should have probably followed.

"Why....?" Kagome began to ask only to be cut off by the flailing and screaming of her kit once again.

"You stay way from mama!" Shippo chirped as he wiggled against Sesshoumaru's grasp once more. "Run, Kagome! Run!"

"Silence!" The taiyoukai ordered again as he tightened the grip on the kit's tail, causing Shippo to yipe.

"Don't you hurt him!" Kagome screamed as she rose to her feet, all modesty forgotten, while her motherly instincts kicked in.

Sesshoumaru simply stared at the woman, his glass like eyes reflecting the sun as they slowly traveled down the plump girls frame. Sensually the taiyoukai ran the tip of his tongue over his lips as he continued to let his eyes roam over her body.

Instantly, Kagome blushed and began to lower herself back into the water.

"Don't be bashful miko." Sesshoumaru drawled out in a smooth even tone. "It is not often that this Sesshoumaru finds himself in the company of such beauty."

'Wha?' Kagome's mind screamed dimly. Was Sesshoumaru being sarcastic? Have they invented sarcasm yet? "Let him go Sesshoumaru!" She demanded hotly as she seemingly decided to dismiss the comment all together.

Sesshoumaru gave the kit another calculating gaze.

"Don't worry Kagome! I'll save you!" Shippo cried before falling from the taiyoukai's grip with a POP and running through the forest as fast as his little kitsune legs would take him screaming "Inu Yaaaashaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"My hero." Kagome giggled nervously as she sank a little lower in the water; Sesshoumaru's bored expression once again making her uncomfortable.

"So......." Kagome began as the silence seemed to drag out between them and still the taiyoukai did not move. "Come here often?" She questioned with another nervous giggle.

"Sesshoumaru!" Inu Yasha called gruffly as he bounded through the forest. "You get the hell away from her!" He finished, with a pant, as he jumped in-between Sesshoumaru and Kagome.

"Little brother." Sesshoumaru began coolly as he pulled tojin easily from its place against his waist. "You should not let the miko wander off so casually."

"Shut the fuck up." Inu Yasha barked as he snarled at his inu half brother and continued his menacing posturing. "I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work. Kagome's mine, so fuck off."

"Um...." Kagome interjected as she raised a pruny finger above the water as if attempting to gain permission to ask a question.

"I hope you are willing to fight for her half-breed." The demon lord snarled out as he continued to circle around the hanyou.

"Um..." Kagome attempted again as her eyebrow began to twitch.

"What's the matter, BROTHER " Inu Yasha snorted out sarcastically. "Can't find your own woman?"

"Um..." Kagome squeaked again.

"I will have the miko." Sesshoumaru snarled in reply, raising tojin as he prepared to strike.

"HEY!" Kagome screamed gaining both inu's attention, but quickly forgetting what she was going to say.

"I'm going back to camp." She huffed in defeat as she moved towards the edge of the hot spring, reaching for her clothing.

"Don't get out Kagome. I wouldn't want to give this perv the satisfaction of seeing my woman naked." Inu Yasha commanded.

"Um..." Kagome remarked nervously as she tapped her lip with a delicate finger. "He's actually all ready seen me naked."

"What?!" Inu Yasha barked as he turned back to the girl still sitting in the hot springs, missing the smirk that curled upon his elder brother's lip. "When!?!"

"Um..." Kagome began as if discussing the weather. "Before you got here."

"You let him see you naked?" Inu Yasha huffed, completely missing the fact that his brother was quietly walking into the forest at an even pace, a pleased expression gracing his stoic features.

"I didn't LET him." Kagome answered back.

"That's not fair." The hanyou protested as he continued to fight with the young miko. "I haven’t even seen you naked."

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome squeaked in anger. "You've seen me naked tons of times you hentai."

"Not recently." The hanyou argued, his ears flattening again his head.

Kagome eyes fell shut as a vein began to throb loudly against her temple. "Inu Yasha...." She began in a tone promising death. "Oswarii."

Without uttering another word Kagome jumped out of the hot springs, quickly dressing while ignoring the hanyou's grumbles from inside his crater, and heading back towards camp. Vaguely she wondered if repeated collisions with the earth could be harmful to the hanyou's all ready fragile mental state, but quickly shook away such thoughts.