InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Atkins? ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome fumed as she fell to her bottom beside the fire. 'Not recently?' She questioned internally as she eyed the ramen heating on the fire. 'What the hell is he thinking?' Her mind spat bitterly. 'Why would anyone want to see me naked?' Kagome huffed as the bitterness of her situation began to churn in her stomach. She hated this feeling. It always made her feel sick.

Slowly, Kagome's eyes floated to the ramen as the aching in her stomach began to twist at her insides. 'Oh well.' She shrugged as she pulled the ramen free of the fire. At least it would ease the tension in her stomach.

Kagome sighed as she quickly brought mouthful after mouthful of ramen to her lips, gulping them happily as they eased the tension in her gut. 'Do they have to look at me like that?' She remarked as her friend's stared at her as if she were shooting up heroin.

"I guess I shouldn't be eating." Kagome whispered softly as her friends continued to stare. "but Inu Yasha just made me so....ugh." She commented as she stared at the bowl of ramen in her lap, desperately wanting to smother the twisting her stomach.

"Oh Kagome," Sango smiled as she waved her hand dismissively. "You know we don't pay attention to such things."

"Uh huh." Kagome responded as she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. 'They ALWAYS stare at me while I eat.' She scoffed to herself sarcastically, silently wishing the ground would open up and swallow her whole.

"I told you it would be your hide runt!" A gruff voice barked through the clearing as Inu Yasha stepped out of the cover of a couple large trees, a small kit struggling in his clawed hand.

"It's not my fault!" Shippo sniffled as he continued to flail wildly in the hanyou's grasp. "You're the one that let him get away!"

"What was that runt?" Inu Yasha snarled as he raised his fist to bop the little kitsune on the head.

"Inu Yasha...." Kagome groaned as a familiar throbbing in her temple caused her eyes to close reflexively. "Let him go."

"Kagome!" Shippo chirped as he slipped out of the distracted hanyou's grasped and bounded into her lap.

"Honestly Inu Yasha," Kagome chided as if lecturing a small child. "Even you can't expect Shippo to protect me again someone like SESSHOMARU."

"Feh!" Inu Yasha retorted before taking a spot directly in front of Kagome, seemingly distracted from his previous mood. "That's why I should have gone with you."

"Baka." Kagome answered back hotly. "Since when do you care if I bath by myself? I used to bath by myself all the time."

"That was different." The hanyou retorted with a snort, folding his arms over his chest.

"Look..." Kagome bit back angrily as she narrowed her eyes at the hanyou that sat, cross-legged, in front of her. "I know tripping was a really clumsy, stupid, weak, thing to do. I won't do it again. OKAY?"

"Fuck Kagome, don't put yourself down like that." The hanyou retorted sharply.

Kagome's eyebrow twitched.

Sango's eyebrow twitched.

Miroku grabbed Sango's ass and quickly joined the world of the unconscious

"Inu Yasha...." Kagome began as she slowly came out of her stupor and placed a hand against the hanyou's forehead. "Are you feeling all right?"

"I feel fine!" Inu Yasha barked, brushing her hand aside as he once again regain his aloof posture. "Hurry up and finish eating so we can get on the road."

"I erm..." Kagome began as her eyes met Sango's momentarily and then fell back on the bowl that laid in her lap. "I'm not hungry." She whispered as she lifted the bowl and offered it to the hanyou. "You have the rest."

"No way." Inu Yasha argued as he pushed the bowl back into her lap. "That's for you." He commented off-handedly before looking over his shoulder. "Hurry up and finish and we'll get moving."

Kagome's eyebrow twitched again. 'Inu Yasha is turning down ramen?' "Look Inu Yasha I'm not hungry so lets ju------"

Kagome's words were quickly silenced as Inu Yasha shoved a large lump of ramen into her open mouth, almost causing her to gag.

"Imbu Bamba!" Kagome exclaimed in shock as she slowly began to chew at the food that deprived her of speech. "What the hell?" She questioned loudly after straining and finally swallowing the large lump of noodles. "What the hell is wrong wi------" She began again only to be cut off as more of the warm sticky noodles were shoved into her mouth.

Kagome covered her mouth with her hand as she allowed herself to chew once more. Tenatively she swallowed the heated noodles again, holding her hand in front of her mouth as she began to speak. "Stop doing that!" She screamed; thankful as Inu Yasha lowered the chopsticks and resumed his rigid stance in front of her. "Are you trying to kill me?" Kagome squawked as she cautiously lowered her hand from her mouth.

"I'm just making sure you eat enough." Inu Yasha barked in reply before raising the chop sticks again causing Kagome to flinch.

"TRUST ME Inu Yasha." Kagome spat out as anger once again raged through her middle. "I have NO problem feeding myself." The young miko finished with a flinch as she caught Sango stifling a giggle. 'Kami take me now.' She groaned to herself as her face flushed in embarrassment.

"Feh!" Inu Yasha remarked indifferently before finishing what was left of the ramen in record time and rising to his feet. "Fine...lets go then." He barked as he once again turned his back to Kagome and motioned for her to get on.

"Inu Yasha......" Kagome remarked warily, the realization of why she let him stop in the first place slowly sinking in.

"Don't start that shit again Kagome." The hanyou barked as he looked at her over his shoulder. "Get on NOW."

"Fine." Kagome huffed in a defeated tone before crawling onto the hanyou's back and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Too tight! Too tight!" She shrieked as she felt his claws dig into her thighs, just short of breaking the skin.

"Sorry." Inu Yasha muttered as he once again loosened his grip and began to head away from camp, glaring at Shippo as a snicker escaped the kitsune's lips.

"What's so funny?" Kagome whispered as Shippo jumped onto her shoulder, evoking a growl from Inu Yasha.

"Um...I'll tell you later." The kitsune replied before bounding from her shoulder to once again walk beside them.

Kagome huffed as she leaned into Inu Yasha's back and the group resumed their hunt. Obviously there was more going on here then Inu Yasha feeling guilty over her injured ankle, and as usual Shippo seemed to know more then he was letting on. 'Well,' She remarked to herself as she was carried swiftly down the path, 'I'm going to have to have a little talk with that kit.'