InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Inu Yasha." Kagome whispered against the hanyou's ear as a familiar tingle ran up and down her spine. "I sense a shikon shard."

"Are you sure Kagome?" Inu Yasha questioned without turning to look at the girl on his back.

"Positive." Kagome muttered as her eyes seemed to narrow on the source of the familiar tug of magic. "and a strong Youkai too. Headed this way very fast!" She exclaimed as Inu Yasha soundlessly slipped her off his back.

"All right then.." Inu Yasha began as he raised the tessaiga. "Time to collect another sh---- " The hanyou blinked once as something completely too familiar now began to tug at the back of his mind. "Awww hell no." He grumbled as he began to growl and lower himself to the ground in a defensive stance.

"What is it Inu Yasha?" Kagome questioned in a worried tone.

"You better get behind me Kagome." Inu Yasha barked.

"We meet again Inu Yasha." A baritone voice bit out sarcastically as a tall figure emerged from the cover of the trees.

Inu Yasha chuckled sarcastically. "What... a ...coincidence."

Sesshoumaru smirked slightly as he took in his brother's defensive posture, and the young miko standing behind him.
"I have business with your miko." The taiyoukai stated coldly.

"The hell you do." Inu Yasha growled, squeezing the hilt of tessaiga in his hands. "No one has business with Kagome but me!"

"Do you really think you could stop this Sesshoumaru?" The taiyoukai questioned while raising a delicate eyebrow.

" Stop!" Kagome screamed in an attempt to diffuse the escalating anger , causing Inu Yasha's ears to flatten against his head. "What do you want Sesshoumaru?"

"A gift." The taiyoukai stated smoothly, holding a piece of the shikon between his claws.

" A jewel shard...." Kagome whispered in disbelief as she side stepped the hanyou and ignored his pleas for her to stay behind him. As if in a trance Kagome walked up to Sesshoumaru and with two delicate fingers pulled the shard from between his claws.

"Arrigato Sesshoumaru-sama!" Kagome squealed, forgetting for a moment who she was talking to as she wrapped her arms around the motionless taiyoukai, hugging him in thanks.

Inu Yasha's eyebrow twitched. He didn't know what was more disturbing, the fact that Kagome was hugging his brother, or that his brother seemed to be returning the hug. "Kagome...." Inu Yasha warned warily.

Kagome's eyes shot open as she realized who she was hugging and immediately attempted to pull away, only to be held in place by a strong arm stroking her back.

"You are welcome, miko." Sesshoumaru breathed against Kagome's ear while shooting his brother a sadistic smirk of pleasure over the girl's shoulder.

"Kagome." Kagome whispered back, blushing softly as she continued to hug Sesshoumaru.

"All right. That's enough of that!" Inu Yasha barked as he watched his brother's hand move further and further down Kagome's back. "Kagome get back here."

Kagome sighed softly and leaned into the hug. It was nice, for a change, to have someone treat her like a real person, and not a plague victim. 'Maybe Sesshoumaru really needs a hug too?' Kagome mind questioned. 'He really doesn't have anyone, I bet he's lonely. Maybe you can be the one to reach out to him. Maybe you can help him to-------never mind.'

"Hentai!" Kagome screamed as she squirmed free of Sesshoumaru's grasp, covering her posterior with both hands and backing away, glaring into his smirking face.

"That's it bastard! You're going down!" Inu Yasha barked as he once again took his stance between the miko and the taiyoukai.

"Not today Inu Yasha." The taiyoukai remarked with boredom. "Enjoy your present Kagome." He finished with a smirk before disappearing once again in a flash of light and hair.

"Inu Yasha...." Kagome whispered from her place directly behind the hanyou, both of them refusing to move as they scanned the trees, waiting to see if Sesshoumaru would return. "Is there some strange puppy brain disease that I don't know about?"

"What kind of fucking question is that?" Inu Yasha barked as he turned so that he was facing her once more.

Kagome shrugged.

"Why the fuck did you HUG him?" Inu Yasha barked again, eliciting yet another shrug from Kagome. "You never hugged me like that!" He bit out angrily.

"Calm down Inu Yasha!" Kagome spat out. "I was just thankful that's all. He helped us get a jewel shard."

"I help us get jewel shards all the time!" The hanyou barked out roughly. "So where's my gratitude?"

"You want gratitude Inu Yasha?" Kagome temple was throbbing again. "You want gratitude?! ......OSWARII!" She screamed, planting the barking hanyou to the ground before closing the distance between them so she stood right in front of his nose. "Thank you Inu Yasha." She bit out sarcastically calling to Shippo and marching towards the forest.

Sighing loudly, several minutes later, Kagome rested against the trunk of a large tree while her kit happily sucked on a lollipop. "Shippo-chan." She questioned thoughtfully. "What is wrong with Inu Yasha and Sesshoumaru?"

Shippo's ears twitched as he seemed to look around, confirming they were not being spied on before continuing. "It's cause you changed."

"Changed?" Kagome questioned, not really sure what exactly her kit was referring to. After all, she had changed a lot in the past few months. How she wore her hair, the clothes she wore, and even the brand of toothpaste she used, so what exactly had changed to make her youkai friends act so strangely?

"Hmmmmm." Shippo remarked thoughtfully as he seemed to be postulating an explanation. "Okay.." He added finally. "Pretend this is you." He finished while holding up his lollipop.

"Okay...." Kagome agreed as she tried not to think dwell on the implications of being compared to a sucker.

"Okay..." Shippo began again as he tried to explain. "So...you look good...you smell good, this is like how you were before." He explained while rummaging through her bag and pulling out a candy.

"Shippo." Kagome chided in a motherly tone. "Don't eat that, you'll spoil your dinner."

"It's all part of my explanation mama." The kitsune interrupted in an aloof tone.

Kagome huffed and motioned for Shippo to proceed.

"Now." Shippo began again, his tone that of a teacher guiding a student as he held up the candy bar. "This is you now. You still look good...you still smell good, but your scent is stronger, and well...compared to how you were." He held up the lollipop as if demonstrating. "Which would you choose?" He questioned before shoving the candy bar into his mouth, chewing happily.

"Waaaait" Kagome spoke softly as the questions in her mind began to find answers. "So you're saying that Inu Yasha, and Sesshoumaru are treating me this way ......because I gained weight .....and they like it?"

"Pretty much." Shippo remarked off-handedly before popping the sucker back into his mouth.

"Shippo that's crazy." Kagome answered in disbelief.

"It's true." Shippo answered as he lazily rolled the lollipop in his mouth. "Most Youkai, not all, but most see it as a sign of being well cared for. What better way to prove you are a strong powerful youkai then to have a mate who is content and protected as well. There's other things too, like your scent is easier to track...."

"I smell?!" Kagome interrupted in horror.

Shippo chuckled. "Not in a bad way mama. Just in a way that it's harder to cover up. You're still you after all."

"That's why Inu Yasha has been so nice lately and Sesshoumaru keeps grabbing my ass?" Kagome asked quietly as if finally unraveling a mystery in her mind.

"Yup." The kit responded disinterestedly as he lounged against the ground.

"How come I've never seen Inu Yasha act this way around other women who were.....erm....larger?" Kagome questioned, still not quite sure if she believed her kits explanation.

"Think about it mama." Shippo offered in tone that belayed wisdom. "How many women have you seen your size?"

Kagome stared into the grass as she tried to think. "On this side of the well?.....None actually, I never really noticed that before. I wonder why that is." She finished in an astonished tone. 'Why weren't there any heavy girls on this side of the well?'

Kagome slapped her forehead as she came to the realization. 'They don't have chocolate, or Wacdonald's or...' Kagome grimaced as she began to list some of the things she had eaten in the last six months. "How ironic." Kagome groaned as she continued to stare down at the grass. "Everyone in my time is trying to lose weight, and everyone in this time is automatically skinny."

"Shippo....." Kagome began after several minutes of quiet contemplation. "If that's what is causing Sesshoumaru and Inu Yasha to act so strangely...why did you bother with the candy bar explanation?"

"I just really wanted some chocolate." Shippo grinned before once again forcing his face into a wise expression.

"You little sneak!" Kagome giggled as she tied her bag shut and playfully tugged on the kit's ear.

"Just don't tell Inu Yasha I told you." Shippo replied after recovering from a fit of laughter.

"Oh?" Kagome questioned as she pulled her hand away with a surprised expression. "Why not?"

"I think that's why he keeps pinching your legs." Shippo whispered behind the back of his hand before scampering off to escape Kagome's fingers.

Kagome blinked as her mouth dropped open. 'He was feeling me up?' Silently Kagome wondered just how many times she could sit Inu Yasha before rendering him unconscious.