InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Attractions ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome sat in the middle of camp, the familiar throbbing of her temple failing to drown out an irate hanyou's pacing and mumbling, as she slowly rubbed her fingers against the pulsing pain.

"I can't believe you hugged HIM." Inu Yasha barked again as his mumblings were once again brought to proper speaking level.

"Inu Yasha," Kagome remarked in annoyance. "I told you....I was thankful to have a new jewel shard without risking our necks...you are letting this bother you WAY too much."

"You know," Inu Yasha reminded as he stared into the fire with a pouty expression on his face. "He's tried to kill you quite a few times."

"No kidding." Kagome bit out sarcastically as she continued to rub at the pain against her eye. "Must have slipped my mind." She glared.

"You practically let him grab your ass." Inu Yasha mumbled, not really intended for everyone to hear him.

"Kami Inu Yasha!" Kagome screamed as she removed her hand from her temple. "I didn't LET him grab my ass. It's not my fault he's a hentai."

"You practically threw yourself at him Kagome!" The hanyou barked loudly.

"I did not!" Kagome shrieked.

"The hell you didn't!" Inu Yasha hollered back as he rose to his feet.

"You know.." Kagome sneered, as her words dripped with anger. "It could have worse."

"How the hell could it have been worse?" Inu Yasha questioned as he crossed his arms over his chest defiantly.

"At least Sesshoumaru is up front about it." Kagome snapped as she too rose to her feet. "At least when HE grabs my ass he doesn't try to pass it off as an accident. It's......."Kagome's words faltered slightly as she forced the next statement from her lips. "It's almost a compliment."

"What the hell are you talking about Kagome?" Inu Yasha huffed indifferently as he turned his face away from Kagome's a slight tinge of pink gracing his face.

"You KNOW what I'm talking about." Kagome responded angrily as she placed her hands tightly against her broad hips.

"Feh." The hanyou huffed as he tried to change the track of the conversation. "So now you LIKE having your ass grabbed?"

"Yes....er....No.....er..It's complicated." Kagome finished, receiving odd looks from her friends, whom she was now aware had heard most of their conversation.

"So you like Sesshoumaru now?" Inu Yasha barked again, his voice nearly squeaking as the accusation seemed to harden in his throat.

"At least he doesn't treat me like I'm some sort of......diseased freak!" Kagome spat as she thrust her arms to her sides, her lips trembling.

"What the hell are you talking about?" The hanyou questioned again.

Kagome rolled her eyes, she was too angry to let it slide anymore, she needed to tell him. "Inu Yasha, ever since I've come back you’ve treated me like I was going to break or something. Hell, we've stopped at least three times today," She began as she counted off the changes on her fingers. "then you refused to let me cook dinner, or even feed myself, and most importantly you refused to let me walk more then a couple steps on my own. You’ve NEVER treated me that way before."

"Feh!" Inu Yasha snorted as he eyed the girl hotly. "Excuse me for trying to be nice." He finished in a sarcastic tone.

"Kagome-sama." Miroku chimed in, attempting to diffuse some of the rage that was slowly building within the young miko. "I'm sure Inu Yasha just wanted to---"

"You're one to talk Miroku." Kagome cut him off. "You haven't grabbed my ass once since I came through the well. I mean…..what the hell? How do you think that makes me feel?"

A sly smirk quickly spread across the young monk's features. "I had no idea I had been so thoughtless Kagome-sama. Please, allow me to rectify the situation." Miroku finished while extending a hand in the pre-grope position.

"Back off monk!" Inu Yasha snorted as he protected Kagome's body with his.

Kagome sighed as she saw a sorrowful expression cross Sango's eyes. Kagome didn't have to point out the changes in Sango. It seemed she was coming to the realization on her own.

"Look." Kagome began softly as she once again began to rub at her temples and lowered herself to the floor. "I just wish things could go back to the way they used to be, you know?" Kagome's expression softened as her tone became more thoughtful. "-And I'll be the first to admit, Sesshoumaru's ........interest is a little....well...a lot unsettling, but really, he hasn't done anything to me that Miroku hasn't when I was skinny."

"Kagome..." Sango spoke softly as an answer seemed to form at the back of her mind. "Why is Sesshoumaru interested in you?" The tone of the question belayed Sango had her suspicions but wanted to hear it from her friend.

Kagome sighed. Suddenly she wished she had a lollipop and a candy bar. How could she explain this without sacrificing her dignity? "Well.." Kagome began as she eyed the demon slayer with intent, hoping her friend could read the meaning behind her words. "Let's just say...A human's perspective of beauty, and a youkai's perspective of beauty, are ......different." She finshed, smiling softly as Sango seemed to nod in understanding.

"That must be wierd..." Sango broke in again after several moments of silence. " I mean....Sesshoumaru...being attracted. I mean...do you plan to return his affections?"

Suddenly all eyes were on Kagome.

"Uh...." Kagome laughed nervously as sweat threatened to drop against her forehead. "I really don't want to hurt his feelings," She searched for her words as her hand lazily rubbed at the back of her neck. "and if he's genuinely interested it would be rude of me to snub him like that." Kagome grimaced as she caught Inu Yasha averting his eyes. "but if he thinks he can just keep grabbing my ass like that he's got another thing coming." Kagome finished with determination, pleased when Inu Yasha once again looked her in the eye.

"I should have cut off both his arms!" Inu Yasha snarled as he hugged the tessaiga closer to his body.

"Then he'd just use his teeth." Shippo chirped from his place beside the fire.

Kagome's eyebrow twitched.

Sango's eyebrow twitched.

Inu Yasha's eyebrow twitched.

Miroku grabbed Sango's ass and quickly joined the world of the unconscious.

Sango huffed as she stared at the unconscious Miroku next to her. "You'd think he'd learn. I've seen animal's train faster."

Soft giggles echoed through the campsite as the inu-tachi began to prepare for the quickly approaching night.