InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Accusations ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome sighed again as she stared into the flickering of the campfire. Long ago her friends had surrendered to the gentle embrace of sleep leaving her only an irritated hanyou as company.

"I can't believe you like HIM." Inu Yasha mumbled randomly into the fire as if finishing a thought.

"What?" Kagome questioned with a shocked expression on her face.

"You like him." Inu Yasha snarled as he stared up at Kagome with a challenging look. "don't try to tell me otherwise, if you case you forgot, I'm part youkai," He stated softly while tapping the bridge of his nose with a clawed finger. "I can tell when people are lying."

Kagome was shocked. "Inu Yasha....." She began with disbelief. "Hugging Sesshoumaru was a very stupid thing. Stupid things seem to be second nature to me." She whispered in a sad tone letting her eye's fall to the ground before continuing. "But how dare you!" She fumed once more, causing Inu Yasha's ears to flatten against the top of his head.

"Do you realize in that ONE statement you not only questioned my honor and my character but implied I was a liar as well?" Kagome spat out far too quickly.

"But..." The hanyou began, trying to salvage what little shred of dignity he had left, as he frantically groped for an explanation. Inu Yasha growled loudly, his companions state of slumber forgotten, as he desperately tried to put a sentence together. "I wouldn't protect you anymore." He barked out, surprising himself with his words. "If you went to him I mean....I won't protect you if you...."

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome hissed out harshly as she interrupted him. "So now you need to threaten me, is that it? Now I'm a liar with no honor who you need to threaten to keep in line?"

Inu Yasha opened his mouth to respond but Kagome kept him quiet.

"This is a very ugly side of you Inu Yasha." Kagome whispered into the fire again. "I knew there was a certain amount of possessiveness from us traveling together all these years, but do you REALLY think you own me?" Kagome questioned rhetorically before continuing. "I mean....I'm an adult Inu Yasha." Kagome's eye's fell to the ground as sadness invaded her gaze. " I don't think I've ever been more hurt. If it had been anyone else.... I guess I just expected more from you." She finished softly before letting her eye's once again dance over the flames.

"Kagome....I" Inu Yasha began, only to shut his mouth. It was no use. She was right. In a moment of insecurity and jealously he had placed a mark upon their friendship that could possibly endure forever. He huffed loudly before deciding it would be better to sulk in a nearby tree. Soundlessly, he bounded from camp, leaving Kagome alone by the fire with her thoughts.

She could feel them. The tears. Inu Yasha's words had hurt her, despite her fighting back. Now that she was no longer being attacked they stung with full force causing her chest to ache.

"What's a matter mama?" Shippo questioned groggily as he tuned in on the scent of Kagome's sorrow and cuddled up next to her.

"Nothing." Kagome smiled weakly as she wiped a stray tear from her cheek. "You want to sneak away and take a quick bath?" Kagome whispered into her young kit's ear as she nuzzled it affectionately.

"Okay mama." Shippo answered with a yawn as he sleepily followed Kagome to her bag and then through the forest.

The leaves under Kagome's feet crunched loudly as she trekked through the dark forest. So loudly in fact that she kept her eyes trained on her feet. The folly of such a situation not hitting her until she hit it........or him...rather.

"Ow." Kagome winced while cupping her forehead with her hand and straining her eyes to try and make out what the large object she had run into was.

Slowly she ran her hands over the strangely soft fabric covering the hard object, stopping abruptly as a familiar baritone voice drifted across the night.

"Kagome." Sesshoumaru stated plainly as if he were placing a sticker upon her forhead that simply stated her name.

"Sesshoumaru?" Kagome questioned softly as her hands remained on the unseen object in front of her.

"Yes." He answered non-committally, adding to the surrealism of the moment.

"What are you doing here?" Kagome finally questioned as silence seemed to linger between them in the forest, causing Kagome to wonder what exactly she was touching in front of her.

"I could ask you the same question, miko." Sesshoumaru responded indifferently.

"You could...."She responded distractedly as the strange fabric in her hand began to warm and swell against the palm of her hand. Kagome's mind, had a few seconds before, accepted the fact that it was most likely the taiyoukai standing in front of her, but now her curious fingers wondered what muscle in his body could flex like this. Also, why didn't the heated muscle seem to unflex?

"Mama......" Shippo chirped quietly from his place in the darkness beside Kagome.

'Kami it's dark.' Kagome noted as she turned in the direction of her kits voice, but could not find his silhouette amongst the trees.

"Why is your hand on Sesshoumaru's....?"

Kagome shrieked and pulled her hands away. In the short time it had taken her kit to complete his partial sentence Kagome's mind had filled in the blank. Suddenly, Kagome was very thankful for the darkness, as she was sure her face bore a deep shade of red.

"Do you guys wanna be alone?" The inquisitive kit questioned from his place in the darkness again, the gentle crunching of leaves signaling his movement.

"No." Kagome stated quickly.

"Yes." Sesshoumaru's voice chimed in simultaneously.

"Riiiight." Shippo's words once again took on a tone that suggested he was older then he let on. "I'll be right over there."

Kagome wondered distantly if Shippo was pointing. Also, if he was in fact point, was it safe to admit she couldn't see the direction while in the presence of Sesshoumaru.

"If you need me just holler." Shippo chirped again before more crunching leaves signaled his movements away from her.

Within an instant of his departure Kagome's hands flew to cover her backside. "So......" She chuckled nervously. "What brings you here."

"You have asked that question all ready." Sesshoumaru stated matter-of-factly.

"I did?" Kagome squeaked as she slowly replayed recent events in her mind. 'Let's see...bumped into Sesshouamaru....fondled Sesshoumaru..continued to fondle Sesshoumaru.....damn I can't remember.'

"Did you answer?" She chuckled dryly while holding her hands over her posterier defensively.

"No." Sesshoumaru answered plainly, once again letting them settle into silence.

"Oh." Kagome spoke softly, the quiet strangeness of the conversation smothering her words.

"Um....."She began uncertainly, arching an inquisitive eyebrow, after several moments passed between them. "You're not going to grab my ass again .....are you?"

"Hn." The taiyoukai responded, causing Kagome to jump slightly as he moved against the forest floor without making a sound. "You have all ready stated your displeasure upon such an act, so I will pursue it no further."

"So......." Kagome blinked in confusion. "No?"

"Yes." Sesshoumaru answered.

"Wait....is that a yes I'm not going to grab your ass or...." Kagome's words fell silent as taut desperate lips were pressed against hers.

"Sehbobaboo" Kagome mumbled against his lips, while pushing against his firm chest with both hands, and gasping for air when he finally withdrew. "What are you doing?" She questioned breathlessly.

"Kissing you." Sesshoumaru stated matter-of-factly.

"I can see that." Kagome spoke softly, "or feel...that is..." she faltered slightly before continuing. "but why?"

"You do not wish it?" Sesshoumaru questioned in a voice that once again belayed no emotion.

" I didn't say tha--" Kagome's words once again fell silent as desperate lips met her own.

"Sehbobaboo!" Kagome exclaimed against his lips, gasping again as he slowly withdrew.

"You can't.......just........kiss me." Kagome explained, unable to hide the shaky quality to her voice.

"I believe I just did." Sesshoumaru stated coolly. "Twice." He added as if recalling the statistics in a sports match.

"That's not what I mean." Kagome whispered as her hands continued to push against his chest. "We barely know each other."

The silence between them seemed to thicken, and secretly Kagome wondered if she had said something to anger the great taiyoukai until his voice once again resonated through the silence.

"So you are saying, that if we knew one another better, you would then permit me kiss you?" Sesshoumaru questioned thoughtfully.

"erm...." Kagome squeaked, quite certain that her skin was the color of a radish. "That depends."

Another long pause hung in the air before Sesshoumaru finally broke it.

"On?" He questioned with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Well...." Kagome began, wishing desperately he would just grab her ass and depart. "It's complicated."

"I see." Sesshoumaru stated stoically, not once moving from his position pressed against her.

"Look..." Kagome huffed as she decided it was her turn to break the silence in-between them. "I just really want a bath right now. Could we talk about this some other time? Say....when the sun is up?"

"Hn." The taiyoukai seemed to reply in agreement. " I will come to you during midday and we will discuss this further."

"Peachy." Kagome groaned as she finally felt the youkai pressed against her withdraw, and then soundlessly depart within the forest.

"Shippo-chan?" Kagome questioned softly to the darkness, a crunching leaf sound indicating her kits approach.

"I'm here mama." Shippo answered softly, as he tapped the calf of her leg, indicating his presence.

"You ready for a bath?" Kagome questioned again as she once again began to walk in the direction of the hot spring.

"Sure mama." The kit answered as he stepped beside his adoptive mother, making sure she didn't run into any large trees.

"Shippo-chan...." Kagome questioned softly as her curiosity got the better of her. "What part of Sesshoumaru was I touching?"

Shippo huffed before finally giving her his answer. "Gosh mama. I don't think I'm supposed to say THAT word."

Kagome flinched, almost giving her kit permission this one time to say ...whatever he was going to say, but knew deep down, it would be easier to pretend like she had no idea. 'Ignorance truly is bliss!' She noted to herself before finally answering her kit with a non committal. "Oh."