InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Complications ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"I'm awake." Kagome groaned as a clawed toe poked into her side.

"It's about time." Inu Yasha barked as he stared down at the young miko who remained lying upon her sleeping bag against the forest floor.

"What...." Kagome groaned again as she attempted to rub the sleep from her eyes, noticing the sun had yet to rise. "What time is it?"

"Early." The hanyou bit out gruffly while falling to his behind and crossing his legs in front of Kagome's once slumbering form. "We need to talk."

"Can't this wait?" Kagome huffed as she pushed herself up on her elbows.

"No." Inu Yasha answered roughly as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Look Kagome....about last night."

Kagome fought the urge to roll her eyes. Why couldn't he just let this go?

"I wasn't trying to threaten you." Inu Yasha explained in a softer tone. "I was just....I thought you were betraying me with my brother.....and I guess I overreacted."

"You called me liar." Kagome whispered softly as she lay back against the ground, staring into the light blue sky of the approaching morning.

"Feh!" Inu Yasha snorted at the accusation. "You keep forgetting Kagome. I'm part youkai, any other youkai would have probably killed you for even touching another man, whether you meant to or not."

Kagome huffed as she tried to reason with her dim witted hanyou friend. "Inu Yasha........I don't care what other youkai would have done. This isn't about me and other youkai, this is about you and me," She groaned softly before continuing, "and while I'm sure your right ...another youkai would have probably murdered me on the spot, what do you want me to do....thank you for not murdering me?"

Inu Yasha flattened his ears against his head again as he desperately tried to think of an answer.

"Look Inu Yasha.....I know this is bugging you, and I'm sorry about that, but if you expect me to thank you for not murdering me you have completely lost your mind. The fact is I'm not friends with another youkai, I'm friends with you, and whether you want to admit it or not, you’re taking this all very personally. I don't understand it sometimes...you know we aren't.....well..a couple. You don't want that." Kagome whispered softly. "You and I are friends, and you were mean and threatened me...you can't just explain that away."

"It's not my fault you felt threatened bitch." Inu Yasha barked rising to his feet.

"Quiet down Inu Yasha." Kagome whispered as her eyes feel upon her sleeping friends. It would benefit her greatly if her friends could see just how horribly Inu Yasha treated her when he thought no one was looking, but now that she could think clearly all she wanted was to put it behind her. "Do you want Miroku and Sango to hear you?" Kagome finished in a thoughtful whisper.

"No." Inu Yasha admitted softly as his little puppy dog ears drooped.

"Think about that Inu Yasha." Kagome whispered thoughtfully again. "If the idea of the others knowing what you say to me when they aren't around bothers you, then maybe you shouldn't be saying it."

Inu Yasha huffed, quickly turning his back on the young miko.

"Oh..." Kagome began hesitantly as she pulled herself up into a sitting position. "Um....I have some news...that well....Please don't get angry but...”

"Spit it out all ready." Inu Yasha muttered with his back still towards her.

"Sesshoumaru is coming to pay me a visit." Kagome spat out.

"<b>WHAT??</b>" The hanyou barked out loudly quickly causing everyone in camp to stir and sit up.

"Nice Inu Yasha." Kagome remarked bitterly before turning to her friends. "Good morning." She stated cheerfully to Miroku and Sango as they rubbed sleep from there eyes.

"Sesshoumaru is coming...?" Sango questioned as her hands still rubbed at her weary eyes.

"Yes..." Kagome offered as she ignored the hanyou's grumblings. "I was with him last night and...."

"What?!?!" Inu Yasha exclaimed as he dropped to all fours and began to sniff sporadically in Kagome's general direction.

Sango and Miroku were suddenly staring.

"No no no no no!" Kagome corrected as the shocked faces of her friends belayed what they were thinking. "Not like that!" She shrieked before adding to herself. 'Not when I look like this...no WAY am I taking off my clothes in front of man when I look like this.' "I was going to take a bath and ran into him." She finished, gesturing in the direction of the hot springs.

"Oh." Sango answered softly, the shock slowly dropping from her features.

"What the hell does he want to visit YOU?" Inu Yasha snarled as he once again rose to stand in front of her.

"Well....." Kagome began hesitantly. "Last night there was....hmmmmm.” She tapped her lip thoughtfully “..Let's just say..we had a conversation that required a lot more thought then I was prepared to give it at the time."

"You were bathing together?!" Inu Yasha questioned in an accusing tone, causing everyone's eyes to widen in shock again.

"Of course not!" Kagome retorted quickly.

"For Kami sake Inu Yasha," Sango began. "It's not like they snuck off to go make off in the forest, this is Sesshoumaru after all."

"Well..." Kagome began hesitantly, immediately wishing she had kept her mouth shut as her friend's eyes were once again upon her. "We did sorta kiss."

"WHAT??" Inu Yasha shouted again, the vein in his forehead throbbing dangerously.

"You kissed Sesshoumaru?" Sango questioned with astonishment.

"Not exactly..." Kagome explained with a nervous chuckle. "He sorta kissed me."

"Sesshoumaru kissed you?!" Sango questioned again as she scurried over to Kagome's sleeping bag and took a place next to her.

"Twice." Kagome, admitted with a blush as she held up to fingers and stared down at her toes.

"TWICE??!" Inu Yasha barked loud enough to wake every creature within the forest.

Kagome quickly raised her hand in a calming gesture towards the fuming hanyou. "Don't be angry...I'm sure it was just an accident and it was dark and...."

"His fucking lips fell on yours? Oh I'm not fucking buying that." Inu Yasha retorted as he flared his nostrils.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "No...I mean.." She stammered as she tried to explain. "I didn't seem him..and then I bumped into him...cause it was dark..and my hands were...uh..." 'Why am I explaining this part again?' Kagome wondered as sweat began to drop softly against her temple.

"Mama had her hands on Sesshoumaru's---" Shippo chirped out gruffly before being interrupted.

"You’re not allowed to say that word Shippo! Remember?!" Kagome spat out entirely too quickly.

Sango's eyebrow twitched.

Inu Yasha's eyebrow twitched.

All eyes fell to the monk sitting next to Sango expectantly.

"What?" Miroku questioned as he gestured innocently with his hands.

"You aren't going to grope me houshi-sama?" Sango questioned with surprise as she stared at the monk beside her.

"If you insist." Miroku answered thoughtfully before extending a hand to rub the firm mound of Sango's ass only to be smacked soundly upside the head, quickly giving in to a familiar unconscious state.

"I sorta feel bad for that one." Sango remarked softly as she stared at the monk twitching against the ground.

"You did sorta ask for it." Kagome snickered before Inu Yasha brought them back to the matter at hand.

"Kagome..." Inu Yasha began in a tone that communicated the anger reverberating deeply within his chest. "Why the hell are you running off to meet Sesshoumaru in the middle of the night?"

"I wasn't feeling so great last night Inu Yasha, I needed a bath," Kagome answered back dryly, glaring daggers up at Inu Yasha. "And like I said before, HE kissed me; it wasn't planned if that’s what you’re thinking."

"Kagome..." Inu Yasha stated forcefully in a tone that belayed the control he was trying to exert. "Come here."

Sango quickly looked to Inu Yasha, then to Kagome, and then back to Inu Yasha. "Now now, Inu Yasha, Kagome said it was an accident, there's no reason to get violent."

"I ain't gonna hit her!" Inu Yasha barked out as he continued to wait for Kagome to stand before him.

Kagome smiled to Sango and gave her arm a little reassuring squeeze. She knew Inu Yasha would never hurt her. More then likely he just wanted to see if he could scent his brother anywhere upon her body, which she knew, because of her bath, he would NOT be able to.

"All right.." Kagome stated softly a she rose to her feet and stood in front of the aggravated hanyou. "Knock yourself out." She huffed as she tossed her hair over her shoulder giving him full access to smell anywhere upon her person.

Kagome's eyes shot open so quickly she feared they might pop out of her head, as within an instant, Inu Yasha had grabbed her face and pressed his lips fiercely against hers, in an angry kiss full of longing.

"Inu.......Yasha." Kagome gasped out as she managed to separate her lips from his only to have him once again force their lips together. "Stop!" She shrieked again as she felt him nip at her lower lip, before breaking the kiss and pulling away, a cocky grin plastered across his face.

<b> SLAP! </b> Kagome's hand sounded against the hanyou's face as she attempted to destroy the smug grin that angered her more then anything.

"Oswarii!" She barked as the grin remained, opting instead to bury it in the dirt.

"What the hell?!" Kagome screamed into Inu Yasha's back as she towered over him. "Is this supposed to make you even with your brother? I mean." Kagome was never one to curse, but when the situation was right...... "holy shit Inu Yasha! I mean...damn...all I did was gain a little weight and you and your brother are acting like I'm...Kami, I'm not even comfortable with being naked in front of Sango anymore. What the fuck makes you think it's all right to just force yourself on me?"

Shippo's ears fell against his head and he huddled himself deep within Sango's cradled arms. "Kagome's scary when she's angry." The trembling kit noted.

Kagome felt tears threaten to spill across her eyelashes as she collapsed to her knees in front of the subdued hanyou, not caring if he could hear her or not as she whispered. "All I wanted was for things to go back the way they were. Why couldn't you have kissed me before? Why don't you call me clumsy now? Why can't your feelings have more to do with ME and less to do with how I look?" She sniffed as she felt a stray tear attempt to run down her nose.

"I want to be alone." Kagome stated softly as she smiled weakly at Sango.

Sango nodded knowingly in Kagome's direction and surveyed the area as she took note of the men both lying face first in the dirt. "It's not like we are going anywhere soon." Sango smiled, happy to see a small smirk grace Kagome's lips, before she watched her young miko friend wander off into the forest a little ways from camp.

"By the way." Sango whispered threateningly as she crouched over the subdued hanyou, the spell obviously all ready starting to wear off. "I heard what you said to Kagome the other night." She stated with a scowl as Inu Yasha's ears bent at her dangerous tone. "And if you EVER." Sango began again grabbing onto the hanyou's white ear and holding it up right so that she was sure he heard her clearly. "EVER, talk to Kagome like that again." She leaned in very close as she drove her threat home. "Let's just say I know extremely painful way to exterminate hanyou's, and I would not hesitate to share my knowledge." She finished while patting Inu Yasha lightly on his head and sauntering back over to her things.

Silently Inu Yasha wondered if he was a masochist for surrounding himself with such dangerous females. He groaned softly as images of Kagome screaming and subduing him were replaced with images of naked Kagome screaming and subduing him. 'Yup.' He noted as he decided now was not the best time to pull himself free of the earth. 'Definitely a masochist.'