InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Negotiations ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
It always surprised Kagome how she could adapt to almost any situation. Every time something odd would pop up to say hello, she prided herself on being right there to greet it without so much as flinching.

"One month." A baritone voice countered from his place upon a large rock overlooking the hot springs.

Okay...Maybe she flinched a little.

"A month!?" Kagome squeaked as she frantically splashed water over her face and down her arms, unaware that her hunched over position at the edge of the springs was giving the demon lord behind her a nice view of her upper thighs.

"I can't just be gone for a month." Kagome sputtered. "Inu Yasha would have a cow!"

Sesshoumaru paused momentarily as he pondered her words. Why would the miko take such an interest in the Hanyou's eating habits?

"Two days." She countered as she continued to scrub her face and negotiate at the same time.

"Much more then that and Inu Yasha would come looking for me." Kagome pointed out as she ceased her frantic scrubbing to ponder her plan once more. She had all ready decided that if she was to keep her end of the deal a small amount of subterfuge would be in order. She hated lying, especially to her friends, but if she worded things JUST right it wouldn't be a lie at all. 'I have to go to the well to visit a friend.' Yes, that would work nicely. It was all true on the surface, and as long as the proper amount of time was given before she left, and as long as nosy Hanyou's didn't ask too many questions...it was a very doable plan. A month, however, was out of the question.

"Three weeks." The Taiyoukai countered again. It was obviously not the first time he had worked through a difficult negotiation and he wasn't about to stumble when the stakes were so high. He had anticipated her reaction and requested a month hoping to squeeze more time into her counteroffer. He was quite shrewd.

"Three days" Kagome sighed as tried to appease her would be adversary. "Seriously, much more then that and we are pushing it."

"Two weeks." Sesshoumaru replied in a trade mark disinterested voice.

Kagome groaned. It was becoming painfully obviously that he was not impressed with the difficulty of her situation, and was in fact attempting to simply bargain for more time; she opted to change the subject. "Are they headed this way yet?"

"No." The demon lord retorted flatly as he eagerly awaited her counteroffer. A slight smirk curled cruelly against his lip as he realized his dim witted half brother had probably figured out by now that they had doubled back on him. They were in fact, not that far from camp which suited the Taiyoukai's needs just fine. After all, he had no need to kidnap the girl, or wouldn't, he noted with some irritability, if they could just get past these negotiations.

"Three weeks." Sesshoumaru uttered blandly as he once again tried to steer them back on course.

"Okay, Okay..." Kagome began as she lifted her hands as if she were conceding something. Obviously he wasn't going to let this go. "Five days, but I need at least a week's notice before leaving."

A growl rumbled through Sesshoumaru's taught frame. This would not do at all. He was gaining days but losing weeks. Obviously, it was time to change tactics.

"Nine days, starting one week from today..." A sadistic smirk threatened to break the chiseled mask of his face as he finished his offer. "No clothes."

Kagome gaped. "Like I would ever agree to that!"

"You have all ready agreed." Sesshoumaru stated matter-of-factly. "We are simply negotiating terms."

Kami she hated his smug face. "Final offer." She stated defiantly, crossing her arms over her chest while giving him a piercing glare. "One week. FULLY clothed..." Kagome sighed in defeat as she decided to meet the demon lord halfway. "One week from today."

"Agreed." Sesshoumaru drawled out coolly as he rose to his feet and gave her a curt nod. "I will return to collect you in one week's time."

'Collect me?' Kagome remarked to herself. 'I don't think I like the sound of that.' She huffed softly before her attention was caught again by the demon lord walking away from the springs.

"Wait!" She squeaked from her place behind him, not waiting for him to turn around before finishing her desperate sentence. "Meet me outside the village in Inu Yasha's forest. There is an old dried up well there."

Sesshoumaru arched an elegant eyebrow as he turned to look at her. It was an odd request to say the least. He didn't like the idea of moving deeper, into what he considered, the Hanyou's territory, but..if it meant he got to spend some time with Kagome...

"Very well." He stated while nodding once in affirmation. "We shall meet in the evening." Sesshoumaru finished as he turned to walk away again.

"Wait!" Kagome squeaked again, causing the demon lord to stop abruptly again. She worried her lip compulsively as she attempted to find a less offensive way to voice her concerns. Somehow, 'You are not allowed to molest me in any way.' Just wouldn't do.
"You..."She began as she worried the Taiyoukai would grow impatient and simply leave. "You won't hurt me.......Will you?"

'Some order that was.' Kagome scoffed to herself as she awaited his answer with apprehension.

Sesshoumaru simply studied her for a moment. It was quite obvious the girl was not afraid of him doing her bodily harm, or if she was, she wasn't bright enough to keep her distance or hold her tongue when in his company. It occurred to him that she might be referring to emotional harm, as typical human women were often worried about such trivial things, but she was not typical, and there relationship was no where near a point where emotions factored in ..at all really.

He gave her a contemplative "Hn" Before answering her question.

"This Sesshoumaru has no desire to harm you or your reputation. You have recently shown an interest in Youkai aesthetics and I intend to correct some...oversights obviously brought on by an inadequate teacher." Yes, he noted, that would do nicely, maybe it wasn't the entire reason for her visit but for the time being it was an acceptable answer.

"A-All right." Kagome grimaced as she tried to think of another reason to stop him. 'Dammit.' Her mind cursed as she struggled to think of a way out of ~this~. How had she even gotten herself into ~this~? ~This~ sucked.

Kagome was quite sure nobody else in the universe really cared how she felt regarding her current situation, including the Taiyoukai, who was now long gone.

"Well..." She stated in an aggravated tone. "I guess I'll head back to camp."

A short brisk walk later she was back in camp. Sesshoumaru had apparently done a very good job of redirecting her friends as they had not returned yet. A lone kit sat by the fire with an extreme expression of boredom plastered across his features suggesting he had been there for at least twenty minutes. (Twenty minutes to any child, Youkai or not, is an eternity.)

"Mama!" Shippo exclaimed with glee as her leaf crunching footsteps alerted him to her position.

"Shhhh!" Kagome chided her adoptive son as she looked toward the edge of the forest in the direction, she could only assume, her friends had departed. "Did they come back yet?" She questioned in a hushed tone as she fell to her knees in an attempt to look Shippo in the eye.

"Nuh uh." He answered thoughtfully while keeping his voice low. " I was getting worried."

A twinge of guilt pulled at Kagome's heart. She hated to make him worry. She supposed her behavior lately could do nothing but incite worry. If she wasn't running off to the hot springs to avoid talking with Inu Yasha (and no one needs to bathe that often) she was bumping into Sesshoumaru...and well..LIVING. That in itself was disturbing enough..even without the ass-grabbing content of his recent visits. Not that she excluded that from the category of weird, but that was something she would most likely be telling a shrink later, she decided, and therefore wouldn't worry about it now.

"Oh!" She exclaimed as her musings brought back the seriousness of her situation. "Shippo-chan, I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure Mama." Shippo squeaked.

"Smell me." Kagome requested and ordered seemingly at the same time, deflating a little when her kit looked at her like she was crazy.

"Please." Kagome pleading with urgency as she continued to keep her voice low. "I can't smell like Sesshoumaru or Inu Yasha will lose it again."

Shippo's expression seemed to melt into one of understanding as the worry in Kagome's eyes spoke volumes. His response was halted as he seemingly attempted to put some delicacy in his words. "You know ...some smells can't be washed away..."

Kagome freaked. Since when? Was this some new rule that Youkai made just to mess with her. It worked before why wouldn't it work now? And for that matter, what kind of smell couldn't you eventually wash out?

"Oh....Oh....OH!" Came Kagome's eventual understanding. "No no no, that's not a problem Shippo. At all. "She repeated herself again to emphasize her resolve. "AT ALL." She found herself again pondering upon her kits actual age but shook the thoughts away as he slowly approached her and began to sniff her bent knee.

Kagome froze in place as her kit began to crawl up her arm at a frantic pace, sniffing at a rate that had her worried he would hyperventilate, before disappearing over her shoulder to cross over to the other arm in a blur of brown fur.

"Well," He stated decisively as he stood in front of her once again. "You're fine, but your clothes reek of him."

"Dammit." Kagome swore under her breath as her kit flinched reflexively and lowered his ears. "Sorry Shippo." She smiled apologetically for cursing in front of him before jumping to her backpack and rummaging through the contents. Clothes; why hadn't she brought more clothes?

"Shippo..." She began as she continued to rummage through her pack. "Could you keep an eye out for me?"

"Sure Mama" The kit puffed as he stood rigid and stared onward into the thick forest.

'Jeans!' Her brain thrilled as her fingers came into contact with the rough denim material that was sure to stop roaming Hanyou hands, as they scandalously felt up potential passengers.

Quickly she undid the latches at the back of her skirt and slid it off her hips to be replaced almost instantly with the thick material of her jeans. Now her mission was to find a top that matched accordingly. Ruthlessly she shoved her arm into the deep confines of her bag as she frantically searched for anything that wasn't part of her school uniform.

'Panties...panties...more panties...Damn..Why did I pack so much underwear?' She quietly pondered as she identified the clothing without pulling it from the bag.

"Aha!" She exclaimed as her hand came into contact with a strap that was most definitely not a bra strap.

Kagome's elation quickly faded as she pulled the item free of her bag. She had been correct in assuming the item within her fingers was a top that she had, in fact, worn in the feudal area many times before (especially on hot days).At one time it had been one of her favorite things to wear. Now however, the unfortunate hitchhiker of the past was nothing more then a reminder of the difference between her past self and her current self.

Kagome nibbled her bottom lip fiercely as a compulsion within her grew. She really shouldn't. She really didn't have time for such things. If she didn't find a suitable top soon she would either have to greet Inu Yasha in her bra, which she really didn't want to explain, or she would have to put her school uniform top back on, which of course smelled of his hated half-brother and look REALLY dreadful when matched with jeans. Despite all attempts made to reason with herself, she just couldn't get past the compulsion.

And so, like so many females before her, Kagome decided to try on her favorite bright red cami-tank, knowing perfectly well it wouldn't fit.

'Well.' She noted with some relief as she pulled on the edges of the small top and secured it around her hips. 'As least it didn't rip...and it seems to cover everything.' She finished her observations as she tried to get a good look at her ass, only to strain her neck and curse at the lack of mirrors in the forest.

"Kagome!" Shippo squeaked as his ears began to twitch on top of his head. "They're coming."


'Crap.' She huffed as she stuffed the remainder of her clothes in her bag. 'No time to change now.' She sighed dejectedly as she once again straightened her top and fidgeted a bit before settling her hands on her hips ready to greet what was sure to be an angry Hanyou.

"There you are!" Inu Yasha barked as he cleared the forest, obvious irritation in his words. "We've been looking for you everywhere." He growled.

"Well you found me." Kagome giggled nervously before sitting down cross-legged and pretending to stare into the fire, hoping desperately that she removed enough of Sesshoumaru's scent to play it off as a casual meeting. She grimaced and waited for the faint sound of sniffing as a pair of clawed toes stood directly in her line of sight while Inu Yasha fell uncharacteristically quiet.

"Kagome-chan." Sango began as she smiled to her friend and sat next to her. "Did you have your talk with Sesshoumaru?"

Kagome nodded once and Sango's eyes grew large with excitement and intrigue.

"What happened?" The demon huntress requested with enthusiasm, not able to hide her interest in her friend rendezvous with a demon.

"Well..." Kagome began unsure how much of her story she should relay as her mind quietly reminded her that Inu Yasha was standing not two feet in front of her face and had yet to say anything. She noted silently that the Hanyou's behavior was odd and then shrugged before continuing. "I told him I knew that the only reason he was interested was because of my appearance..." She paused as she shook off the odd feeling the Hanyou was giving her but refused to look up to give him her ~What the hell are you doing?~ face quite yet. "And I told him I thought that was shallow... and that I wasn't into that."

"And then what?" Sango urged causing Kagome to furrow her brow slightly.

'This is where it's going to get sticky.' Kagome noted before working out her answer inside her mind and letting it tumble sloppily from her lips. "And then...he brought me back here...we talked a little more...and then he left."

Ugh. She really did suck at lying.

"Why did you change?" Inu Yasha questioned in a somewhat subdued tone from above her finally breaking his silent vigil and drawing Kagome's attention.

"I ..uh." She faltered as she stared up into the Hanyou's face. Something was weird...he was looking at her funny and not in the eye either. "I needed a bath."

"Three in one day?" Inu Yasha questioned, making eye contact with her briefly before his eyes once again seemed to fix themselves on a lower target.

Kagome grimaced slightly. She REALLY sucked at lying. 'What the hell is he looking at?' She questioned internally as her eyes followed his until they too reached the obvious destination.

'Holy crap. Where did those come from?' Kagome winced as she continued to stare down into her amplified ample cleavage. 'Well..I know where they came from..but ...damn.' Suddenly she felt the urge to poke them and confirm they were in fact part of her body, but decided against it considering her present company.

An evil part of Kagome's mind, that rarely had a chance to come out and play, cackled lightly as she once again lifted her gaze and looked up to the Hanyou that openly and obliviously gawked at her displayed chest. 'Kikyo ain't got a pair of these, does she?'

An almost sadistic smirk twisted against Kagome's pink lips, looking slightly out of place as she forced her lower lip out and arched her back ever so slightly.

"I like to be clean." She explained while batting her eyelashes in a way that was supposed to be cute and playful but she was sure had been completely lost on the Hanyou, who seemed two seconds away from taking on a divers stance and launching himself into her cleavage.

"Yeah...well..." He responded dimly only to shake his head after a few more moments of gawking and tuck his arms into his sleeves with an indifferent. "Keh."

'Wow.' Kagome noted as she crossed her arms around her chest in a casual manner effectively removing her new found weapons from sight. 'I broke his brain.'

"You should be more careful Kagome." Sango chirped as she twisted Mirkou's arm behind him in a way that looked quite painful, obviously missing the interchange between the Kagome and Inu Yasha. "Sesshoumaru is not a man to be trusted...or a man at all." She grunted before pushing the houshi away and onto his side with a thud.

"Don't worry Sango." Kagome smiled while raising her hands in a placating gesture. "I don't think I'll have to worry about him showing up unexpected anymore." 'Nope,' she quipped to herself with sarcasm. 'Not for at least a week.'

"Inu Yasha?" Kagome began as she looked back into the dying daytime fire. "Shouldn't we start looking for shards?"

"Huh?" He responded dimly with a voice heavy with distraction.

'For Kami sake.' Kagome groaned before lowering her head right into the Hanyou's path of sight. "Naraku...Shikon Jewel...Saving the world. Any of this ringing any bells?"

Inu Yasha shook his head again as if cobwebs had caught in his hair. "Right!" He barked emphatically. "Finally someone is talking sense. What are we waiting for?" He bellowed while grabbing his sword and rising to his feet.

Kagome climbed to her feet and walked to her pack with a smirk and a quick peek to her cleavage again. Well, nothing said she couldn't use her current situation to her advantage did it? Besides, these seem to work FAR better then any subduing spell. Maybe she would test them out for ..a couple more days... After all, what harm could it do?