InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Secret Weapons ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The next few days for Kagome were blissfully uneventful.

Well as uneventful as days could be when you are a time traveling teenager in a world of demons, hanyous, and miscellaneous oddities that she had never really took the time to remember the names of.

The only incident, if you could even call it that, was of course when she insisted on walking beside Inu Yasha.

That puppy boy was a walking incident just waiting to happen. Like a bundle of firecrackers left out in the sun too long; he was either on the verge of exploding or ...actually that about covers it.

Or at least, that had been the case before. Of course, that was before Kagome had discovered her secret weapon, or weapons, as it were.

Ironically, the afore mentioned incident was not per her request to walk beside him. Much to her surprise and practically everyone else's as well, (Mirkou was once again pursuing other interests.) Inu Yasha had actually agreed to let her walk beside him with little more then a grumble.

*****

Kagome could not help but smile. Was this all it took to make him civil? Flash him a little skin and all is right with the world? Somehow it all seemed far too easy.

They hadn't been making very good time and Kagome had to admit that part of it was her fault. Her muscles weren't accustom to walking, not like they used to be, and suddenly she wished Inu Yasha would just carry her again. However, the larger part of their delay she placed squarely on her half demon friend's shoulders, as he slowed his pace to throw a glance in the direction of her breasts every few seconds.

It had been entertaining at first. Kagome's inner monologue had found the interchange comical and she found she had to bite back the giggle that threatened to burst forth as Inu Yasha unknowingly played along.

Inu Yasha glanced at her cleavage

~Hey Inu Yasha look ....boobs!~

Inu Yasha glanced over again.

~Gosh they're heavy. Would you mind carrying them for me?~

And again.

~Don't worry..they're still here. They sure do bounce a lot when I walk huh?~

And again.

~For Kami Sake! Why don't you just bury your face in them and get it out of your system.~

With that final internal remark Inu Yasha tripped landing face first in the dirt, despite his normal gracefulness.

For a split second Kagome worried she'd said that last remark out loud as she frantically searched her friends faces; relief washing over her as they stared at the prone hanyou, and not in her direction.

"He subdued himself." Kagome whispered in astonishment to no one in particular as the first sign of strangled giggles began to fill the air behind them. She couldn't help but feel bad. Making fun of him to entertain herself was one thing, but she didn't really want to embarrass him.

"Inu Yasha." She stated softly while lowering her body to the ground to make eye contact with her grumpy friend as he pulled his head free of the dirt. "Would you mind carrying me?" She requested meekly gaining his attention.

It was a good compromise, or so she thought. They would move faster, her legs would get a rest, and he could pay more attention to where he was going, all though, he didn't need to know that's why she asked.

"I thought you wanted to walk." Inu Yasha barked with agitation as his facial expression mimicked that of a dog deprived of his favorite toy.

"Its faster if you carry me." Kagome admitted begrudgingly as she attempted to talk him into something she THOUGHT shouldn't require coercion. She could not help but release a small irritated huff as his eyes wandered south again.

"We're not moving that slow." He countered as his mind had all ready begun to drift to more appealing things.

Kagome narrowed her eyes dangerously. "If you don't want to carry me----"

"I didn't say that!" He interrupted as he sprung to his feet once more and turned his back to her. "Just wish you'd make up your fucking mind." He grumbled, his ears drooping slightly as he motioned for her to get on.

Kagome frowned at his use of language with Shippo within earshot but decided to let it slide. After all, he had subdued himself all ready, what was doing it again going to accomplish?

Reluctantly she climbed on his back, wrapping her legs around his waist, her arms around his neck, and her chin against his shoulder. Almost immediately she wondered why she had resisted letting him carry her for so long. Her thighs ached with overuse, or under use, whichever, she was far too tired to rationalize. She flexed them once, stretching the aching muscles, before allowing them to relax against Inu Yasha's back and sighing with contentment.

"Thank you Inu Yasha." She whispered softly against his neck, lifting her head as she felt him shiver slightly within her arms.

"Are you okay?" Kagome questioned in a hushed tone as they proceeded down the trail at a much faster pace then before.

"I'm fine." He retorted in a low voice that seemed more gruff then usual.

Kagome frowned slightly against his neck. Somehow she worried that her ~secret weapon~ as she dubbed them, was having more of an effect on the hanyou then she had bargained for. It was nice, not having to argue every few steps, but at the same time she felt like she wasn't playing fair.

'I suppose.' She noted as they continued to press on through the underbrush in the direction of Inu Yasha's Forest (which just happened to be the location of a jewel they were tracking) 'I wouldn't really want Inu Yasha shoving his boobs in my face every time he wanted to win an argument. Eh...if he had boobs.'

Kagome's eyebrow twitched as she sought for a more perfect analogy to her current dilemma. It never really equated the same for men as it did for women. The idea, for example, of Inu Yasha flashing any part of his anatomy to win a fight was, well, somewhere between funny and disturbing, but definitely not plausible.

Kagome came to the lamentable decision that her oh-so-effective secret weapon, would have to be made secret once more for the sake of fragile puppy minds. Once they stopped to rest she would clean her uniform and change.

*****

It had taken him three days to find a hot spring to wash her clothes in. THREE days without a bath. Kagome wasn't a conspiracy theorist per se, but secretly she wondered if their search for a hot spring would have hastened if she hadn't mentioned changing into some clean clothes in her request.

'Note to self,' Kagome rambled internally, 'Do not inform irritating dog demons of wardrobe changes.'
"Duly noted." She giggled to herself before squealing with joy as she located the hot springs that had plagued her thoughts for almost two full days.

"Huh?" Sango questioned as she followed close behind carrying her own bathing accessories.

Kagome smiled softly and giggled, "Nothing..I'm babbling. Three days without a proper bath will do that to a girl you know?"

"I know." Sango replied with a moan that expressed how sore her limbs were. " I swear Inu Yasha is losing his touch.." She laughed lightly as she hastily began removing her clothes desperately wishing to sink into the warm depths of the springs. "I swear for awhile there, we were practically going in circles."

"Yeah..." Kagome sighed as she walked over to the water and began to soak the only plus size uniform she carried with her. "I'm sorry about that."

Sango gave the girl she had long ago dubbed as her sister a sympathetic look. "Oh don't be..it's not your fault."

"Well...." Kagome began as Sango waded past, sighing softly as she lowered herself into the water up to her shoulders. "It sort of is."

"Oh?" Sango smirked suggesting she knew more then she was letting on.

Kagome blushed as she raised one hand to cover her face and draped her clothing over a large rock to dry. "You're going to think I'm a horrible person if I tell you." She huffed before her other hand attempted to hide the bright pinkness of her face.

The demon huntress smiled from her place in the water. "So you noticed too huh?"

Kagome looked at the girl in the water with utter disbelief. "You knew?"

Sango grinned wider as Kagome seemed to confirm her beliefs. "I knew Inu Yasha was ogling you if that's what you mean." She smirked, "He was practically drooling the entire trip...and it didn't take a genius to figure out what had him drooling..." She shrugged.

If humanly possible Kagome turned a deeper shade of red, but remained silent.

Sango looked at her friend with worry in her eyes. "I hope I did the right thing by not saying anything until now. I didn't want to embarrass you..and he didn't seem to be any danger... I mean he is Inu Yasha after all."

"Oh no no, of course you did the right thing." Kagome responded as the heat finally left her cheeks. "I knew he was...erm...distracted....I just uh.."

"It was nice to have a couple of days of peace wasn't it?" Sango winked as she began to move languidly through the water.

"Yeah it was." Kagome sighed wistfully as if remembering a peaceful memory long forgotten. "But all good things must come to an end." She finished sadly as she tested the cloth of her uniform to see if it had dried yet.

"Why?" Sango questioned simply. "I for one have been enjoying the peace and quiet." She remarked with a smile before dunking her head under the water to rinse her hair.

Kagome nibbled her lip fiercely, a habit she was growing into far too quickly. Sango didn't seem to think she was betraying some moral code by uh...piquing the hanyou's interest. Was this what people meant when they said you have to give a little to get a little?

Sango seemed to recognize the indecision in her young friends face upon resurfacing and decided to change the subject. "Kagome..aren't you going to bath?"

"I will," Kagome answered as an uneasy feeling began to churn in her stomach. "Just not right now."

"You know .." Sango began in a teasing tone. "I bet the clothes you have on now would dry a lot faster then your uniform."

'Scandalous lies!' Kagome giggled to herself while smirking in Sango's direction. Sure, the thin top would probably dry faster, but her jeans would take forever. "It would be nice to have a fresh set of clean clothes on hand." Kagome theorized aloud as her brain tried to persuade her into the path she pretty much all ready knew she would go.

"You could dry them while you bath." Sango pointed out with a smile as her friend slowly seemed to come around.


"Would you mind.." Kagome began with some hesitancy as she continued to wrestle with the conflicting messages of her mind. "Would you mind turning around before I get in?" She whimpered slightly but felt relieved as Sango turned her back so her friend could disrobe. She still didn't like the idea of people looking at the strange new body she had somehow inherited and appreciated the fact that Sango completely understood and didn't send her a look of pity.

"Thank you Sango." Kagome chimed while removing her clothing, preparing to let them soak in the water.

"No problem Kagome-chan." Sango began in a teasing manner again. "Wouldn't want to make Inu Yasha jealous." She giggled feeling a large splash hit the back of her neck signaling Kagome's reaction to her friendly jab.

"Least I don't let him fondle my butt." Kagome teased as she sank into the water to her shoulders and met Sango's gaze once more.

This time it was Sango's time to blush. "Don't let the monk hear you say that." She whispered harshly as she scanned the trees.

"Don't worry Sango," Kagome began throwing her now soaked clothing against the large rock to dry with a loud splat. "Inu Yasha would never let Mirkou spy on us bathing."

"Unless..." Sango almost sang while lifting a finger up from the water to make a point.

Kagome looked to Sango then to the trees.

"Oswarii!"

Her scream was immediately followed by a loud crash, sounding very much like the limb of a tree snapping, a loud thud, and a bout of familiar curses strung together in an extremely unorthodox method.

"I warned him against it!" Mirkou called from his hiding place in the forest before running back to camp.

Both girls immediately broke into hysterical fits of laughter. From the location of Mirokou's retreat and the still cursing hanyou they didn't seem close enough to hear anything.

'Another crisis averted by Sango's keen senses.' Kagome giggled.

"Serves you right!" Sango hollered as the STILL cursing hanyou pried himself out of the dirt and began to stomp back in the direction of camp, picking leaves out of his hair along the way.

A thought popped into Kagome's mind. A thought so sudden and so disturbing that it made her heart skip a beat. Suddenly she wondered what Sesshoumaru was up to. Suddenly...she sort of...kind of...maybe....missed him?

Why the sudden feeling crept into her heart after thwarting her would-be-peepers she couldn't fathom, but even more disturbing, why was she debating on whether or not to wear the top Inu Yasha liked so much when she greeted him?

This whole line of thinking was causing her body to tingle in places that.....should not be associated with Sesshoumaru.

She decided, then, the best course of action was to drown the little tingles and dunked her head underwater, pushing away all thoughts of dog demons with pretty pretty hair.