InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Declarations ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Two days elapsed, and still they were no closer to the shard they began chasing a week ago. Kagome couldn't explain it. It was as if the shard knew she was coming and decided to run. It never ran that far, but just enough so they couldn't gain ground, which was more then a little annoying.

'Was that even possible?' She pondered to herself as she sat at the edge of camp, a melancholy expression creasing her features as she stared down into her cleavage with contempt.

She shouldn't be angry with them, but she couldn't help it.

"Some secret weapon." Kagome grumbled into her chest as her chin rested against her clavicle. In truth, she wasn't really angry with her breasts, after all they had served their purpose. The peace and tranquility they brought the group was no small feat. They seemed to have an almost enchanted power over the hanyou's demeanor as they calmed him in a way a million ~sits~ never could.

Kagome simply had to accept that were certain truths in this world that she could never change. The sun will always rise in the east, the tides will always come in with the moon, and Inu Yasha will always go to Kikyo when the opportunity presents itself. They were inevitabilities and no matter how big her breasts were nothing could change them.

'Well, at least the Inu Yasha thing.' Kagome quipped. She couldn't actually confirm that her larger breasts wouldn't somehow develop a strong magnetic pull and throw off the cycle of the tides, but she doubted it. The only pull they seemed to have, were on the path of his irises, which unfortunately for her, were not connected to his heart, or brain, for that matter.

"Stupid Inu Yasha." Kagome grumbled again, thankful that Mirkou and Sango had picked up on her Inu-Yahsa-went-off-with-Kikyo-so-I-am-going-to-sit-here-and-sulk-until-he-g ets-back look so that she could enjoy her misery in private.

Kagome hadn't missed the giggle Sango squelched as Mirkou chased her into the forest. 'Geez get a room.' She thought bitterly as jealously began to twist inside her stomach causing Kagome to groan once more. It really wasn't fair. Where was her ass grabbing pervert?

"Kagome." A deep baritone voice thrummed from behind the stump she currently sat on.

Kagome's eyes went wide as the timeliness of his appearance shook her senses. 'Where is my naked dog boy with flowers and chocolates?' She questioned internally as if to test some new found power, only to be strangely disappointed when she turned her head to greet a fully clothed Sesshoumaru with absolutely no candy.

"Darn." Kagome huffed causing the Taiyoukai to raise a curious brow.

"You do not want company?" Sesshoumaru questioned stoically, his unwavering voice hiding the strange feeling of loss her absence seemed to evoke in him since their last meeting.

"No no..." Kagome began.. "Er..I mean yes." She took a deep breath annoyed that her brain hadn't quite caught up with her mouth. "I mean please..sit." She finished before crossing her arms over her chest in an attempt to calm her nerves.

"I wasn't expecting to see you so soon." She admitted softly as she stared forward into the trees and attempted to hide the sadness behind her eyes.

"We have an arrangement." He responded flatly, not missing the sedated tone of her mood.

"Well Yeah." Kagome began; a slight smirk pulling at the side of her lip as for some reason the blandness in his words seemed to strike her as funny. "But I didn't expect to see you until tomorrow night."

"Tonight." Sesshoumaru corrected as he too stared off into the distant forest, seemingly missing the shocked expression of the woman beside him.

"But you said a week!" She countered a bit frantically as she began to count the days on her fingers. "Not counting the day at the spring that's..."

"Why would you not count that?" He interrupted quizzically, curious as to how she could have fumbled such a simple thing.

"I.....that is.." Kagome stuttered. Damn she hated simple math.

"I need more time." She pleaded, her arms tugging on the empty sleeve of his kimono as she tried to get his attention. "I haven't even told them yet."

"THAT....is not my...." He faltered momentarily as he turned to communicate his feelings on her particular situation when his eyes became transfixed on the scandalous amount of flesh now being exposed to him by the newest item of improper clothing she had apparently squeezed into. What was he going to say again? Something about a problem? She had a problem? Was her restrictive clothing perhaps cutting off her circulation? Yes, that did seem like a serious problem indeed. One that he would have no problem rectifying, possibly with his teeth.

"Sesshoumaru." Kagome called again as if trying to gain his attention from across the room whilst snapping her fingers. "Hello. Earth to Sesshoumaru."

The demon lord's eyes snapped to hers almost instantly as the loud brittle sound of the flesh between her digits smacking seemed to bring him out of some sort of reverie.

"Yes?" He questioned with some annoyance as she didn't get to the point. Couldn't she see he was..... busy?

"I need another day." She repeated; as she silently took note that her ~secret weapon~ did in fact take a toll on the elder brother as well. If worse came to worse, and it usually did, maybe they would get her the extra day she needed, after all Inu Yasha was always more agreeable when...distracted.

"I thought we were leaving tomorrow and I haven't prepared anything..and Inu Yasha's with Kikyo right now and…" She flinched reflexively as he cut her off.

"I will inform the half-breed of our departure." He stated matter-of-factly as he once again scanned the trees and fought the urge to rest his head against her heaving bosom.

"No you can't!" Kagome screamed as her eyes grew large.

"I can." Sesshoumaru countered as if suggesting there was very little, if anything, he couldn't do.

"But…" Kagome was becoming frantic. "That was the whole point. If you tell him then our agreement is meaningless."

Sesshoumaru quietly pondered her words as his eyes once again began to stray to her ample cleavage. Wasn't the point to fuck like rabbits? Had he missed something?

"Are you reneging?" He finally queried in a deadpan tone while allowing his eyes to roam against the soft looking valley between her breasts.

"Hey!" Kagome responded harshly a little annoyed at his insinuation, and a little annoyed that he could insinuate -at all- while ogling her chest so freely. "I don't go back on my word." She stated flatly.

A short silence befell them as Kagome appeared to mull something over.

"You said nightfall right?" Kagome questioned in a voice that belayed a small surrender.

"Hn." He answered noncommittally as he continued to stare into the creamy expanse of skin that was displayed in front of him in such a provocative way.

Kagome sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring a little as she asked the question again. "Nightfall. Correct?"

Sesshoumaru met her gaze with distain, flexing his hand against his side as he fought the urge to push her arms away.

"Correct." He finally glowered as he lowered his gaze again and stared at the offensive limbs which blocked his view. He met her eyes once again and pushed away a sigh as he realize with much disappointment that she had no intention of moving her arms.

"Well..." Kagome began as if formulating a plan, letting the trees directly in front of her in on the conspiracy. "If I have until tonight then I think I know a way." She stated softly, the sadness in her voice belaying her apprehension over this particular plan.

Why Kagome felt apprehensive she couldn't say. She always fought with Inu Yasha when he came back from seeing Kikyo before, so it wasn't like it was anything new. That small fact made the successfulness of said plan quite plausible. However, she countered internally as she worried her bottom lip and mulled over the consequences, this would be the first time she picked a fight with Inu Yasha, and the ironic thing was, she wasn't even angry with him. She should be, but she wasn't, and she had a sinking feeling in her gut it had something to do with the dog demon that sat beside her.

'Or.' Kagome quipped with a smirk as she tried to add some levity to her current situation. 'Food poisoning.'

"OH!" Kagome squeaked as she suddenly realized the sinking feeling in her gut could possibly have nothing to do wtih dog demons, or overcooked ramen. "Do you?"She squinted slightly as the feeling became so strong that she wondered how she could have missed it. "Do you have a jewel shard?"

He nodded once, pulling the shiney chipped stone from a fold within his kimono and placing it in her hand delicately. He'd been so distracted earlier he had almost forgotten to give it to her.

"Arigato Sesshoumaru-sama." Kagome whispered softly in astonishment as the shard glowed pink from her touch.

"Do you remember where I told you to meet me?" She questioned the Taiyoukai beside her as the shock wore off and she once again let her eyes rest upon the trees.

He grunted once in acknowledgement and rose to his feet.

"Meet me there at sunset." She stated more to herself then to the demon lord as he slowly lumbered back into the cover of the forest at an even pace.

'All right Kagome.' She remarked internally, once she was alone again.

'Lights.....Camera.....Action'

*****

"Welcome back Inu Yasha." Mirkou chimed in the light mirthful voice of a man who too often had his mind in the gutter.

Kagome took a deep breath and put on her best fake glare. 'Think angry angry thoughts. Angry angry thoughts.' Her internal mantra sang as she mustered up the courage to confront the hanyou in a most dramatic fashion.

"How's Kikyo?" Kagome questioned with a voice heavy with bitter resentment and sarcasm. 'Don't lay it on too thick girl.' Her inner voice chided as she gained the hanyou's attention.

"She's fine." Inu Yasha responded quietly, his ears drooping slightly as guilt began to wash over his features.

'Oh crap.' Kagome groaned. 'I didn't want to make him feel bad….ARGH ..Don't wimp out now Kagome.'

"I bet she is." She responded hotly as she refused to meet his gaze and sat sipping tea beside the fire.

Silence lingered, thickening the tensions in the air causing Kagome to groan again. Man was she bad at this.

"So what were you two DOING?" She finally asked suggestively only to grimace when she realized she really didn't want the answer.

"Keh!" The hanyou barked as he dropped down beside her; folding his legs over one another as he gave her chest an appreciative glance and answered her question. "Talking."

"Talking?" Kagome queried again in a sarcastic tone as she mentally berated herself for not changing before attempting to piss off the hanyou sitting across from her.

"Yes...." Inu Yasha bit out with some annoyance. "Talking."

Kagome sighed. How the hell did she pull this off before? You'd think after all the fights they had in the past she could easily get him to...

"Why ..you jealous?" The hanyou asked with some interest, his ears thrusting forward as he seemed to weigh the girl in front of him with his eyes. Apparently her chest required extra attention, as he allowed his golden orbs to linger.

"Me?...Jealous?...of Kikyo? Kagome began with wide eyes in a tone of astonished horror. Well okay, maybe at one time she had been jealous, ~Very very bitterly jealous.~ but that was then and this was now.

'Me? Jealous of ~her~?' Kagome's mind repeated as it tried to laugh off the insult. 'You're the one who should be jealous pal.' Her angered mind argued as her eyes narrowed into slits. 'In a few hours I'll be off doing -kami knows what- with your HATED ~hated~ brother and then we'll see who's jealous.'

Kagome's face flushed as an indecent image of herself atop Sesshoumaru's thrusting form offered itself to answer her unspoken question. ~What would piss Inu Yasha off the most?~

Suddenly Kagome was tingling again, and not in the good, might be having a heart attack sort of way.

"That's it!" She hollered with forced anger as she trotted over to her pre-packed backpack "I'm going home!" She bellowed before throwing her backpack over her shoulder and taking a few exaggerated angry steps toward the well.

"Wha?" Inu Yasha questioned as a dark eyebrow twitched beneath his silver locks. "Don't do that!" He barked in obvious agitation as he began to follow her. "Aw come on Kagome…I'm..s.."

'Oh no no no no no' Kagome's mind screamed as she recognized where this was going. 'No fucking way.' She cursed to herself in an uncharacteristic manner. 'He is not going to apologize NOW. Not now when I don't want it!' Inu Yasha rarely apologized, and in any other situation she would have been floored, but right now he was only serving to fuel her ire as she desperately tried to escape.

"Oswarii" Kagome fumed as she launched him into the ground, cutting him off before the dreaded words could be uttered. "I am going home..and if you're smart and leave me alone…I MIGHT come back in a week."

'Careful Kagome.' Her inner voice warned as she treaded on dangerous ground. She didn't USUALLY give him a time frame, but she didn't want him coming through the well to look for her either.

"..but." The hanyou argued through the dirt straining to lift his head.

"One week Inu Yasha." Kagome's voice came through steady and sure. "I don't think that's too much to ask."

He huffed against the ground in a way that suggested a "Keh" had attempted to break free from his lips. That was all the incentive Kagome needed. With a smile to her obviously stunned friends and without a word to the hanyou against the ground she began fleeing to the well at an accelerated pace.

Kagome was not surprised to see the demon lord standing at the edge of the well, in plain sight, obviously not caring who saw him there.

"What if Inu Yasha had followed me to the well?" She hissed in agitation, obviously suggesting annoyance at his unwillingness to cooperate.

She sighed audibly and continued to talk when it became painfully obvious that the demon lord had no intention of answering.

"I've still got a little time before sunset." She pointed out in a hushed tone as she eyed the soon to be setting sun and then the Taiyoukai who stood soundlessly beside her.

"I'm going to run home real quick and grab a few things before we go." She stated while pointing to the well and gaining a look of intrigue from the tall dog demon. "I'll explain later." She responded off handedly as she sat on the lip of the well and swung her legs into the opening.

"Just don't move okay?" Kagome questioned before adding. "Unless someone comes after me...then hide."

Kagome sighed as Sesshoumaru gave her a look that suggested he would in fact wait but he had no intention of hiding, so she had better hurry.
"I'll be RIGHT back." She stated consolingly before jumping into the well and being swallowed up by a swirling purple mist.

A weeks worth of food, a quick restock of her bathing supplies, and maybe a couple pairs of clean underwear were in order if she was actually entertaining the idea of treating this outing like a date. Not that she expected him to get anywhere NEAR her panties, but a nagging voice in the back of her mind warned her not to chance it. It couldn't hurt to be prepared, could it?

Besides, she attempted to comfort herself with less hentai thoughts as she realized her mind had drifted to the gutter once more, she had no idea what Sesshoumaru ate, and now was her chance to get him addicted to ninja food.