InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Temptations ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"So..." Kagome questioned as she walked beside the now silent demon lord while nervously fiddling with the strap of her oversized backpack. "Where are we going?"

He was quiet. 'Too quiet.' She noted. Even for Sesshoumaru.

Kagome couldn't really blame him for the pause in his words. It was a lot of information to process after all. If she wasn't currently walking next to the Taiyoukai of the west, five hundred years in the past, she probably would have trouble believeing it herself. She still did, on some level. But there it was, she was a time travler. It sounded wrong to even say out loud, but it was true, and inevitably it was up to him wether he wanted to believe it or not.

Kagome sighed despondently when it appeared he wasn't going to answer her question. Was he going to be like this the whole week? She grimaced. What had she gotten herself into? She enjoyed the attention, she had to admit, and the idea of another chaste kiss or two was enough to get her heart beating quite fast, but did he expect things to go further then that?

Kagome had all ready decided far in advance of this little ~vacation~ that her virginity was not something she planned to hand over to the first guy that showed a little interest, and definitely not to Sesshoumaru, despite what her hormones seemed to think.

'We'll hang out, we'll get tired of each other, maybe I'll learn something about Youkai and ......we'll part ways.' She remarked to herself, calming her nerves as the Youkai beside her remained quiet.

She had been true to her word and had only taken a few moments to pack her bag and return through the well, just in time for the sun to set. Thankfully no one had attempted to follow her from camp and after they departed his single baritoned command, ~"Explain" ~had prompted her into what shortly became the story of her life.

Or at least her teenage life, which in her opinion, was the best part anyways.

Kagome talked very quickly, and tried to snip out as much detail as she could to make the story shorter, but as she retold it she realized certain key elements were required to really understand how events unfolded. It was dark before she finished, with a "..and that brings us up to speed..I think" and a glance over to the Taiyoukai; frowning slightly when he refused to say anything.

It had been more then a few minutes now and the darkness was starting to get to her. She desperately needed him to say something. Anything!

"Sesshoumaru?" Kagome questioned as she lightly placed her hand on his bicep. A small smile graced her lips when his eyes met hers once again. "Where are we going?"

"We camp here." He drawled out decisively, removing her hand while he lowered himself to the ground, disappearing in front of Kagome's eyes as the night seemed to swallow him up.

A loud unexpected cracking sound of rock on rock caused Kagome to jump, soon followed by the sound of dry grass smoldering and the slight smell of vegetation burning. The dim light of a fire suddenly illuminated the dark ground beneath Kagome's feet as she watched a clawed hand grasp at small combustibles scattered against the forest floor before tossing them casually into the growing flame.

"I suggest you gather wood." Sesshoumaru stated coolly as his eyes remained focused on the task at hand. His bored expression and fluid movements gave the impression that he had done this countless times before.

Kagome stood in awe. Somehow, Sesshoumaru doing this mundane task, quite skillfully she might add, made her heart skip a beat. It was odd, but somehow it made him more approachable and made her wonder upon what he did in a typical day besides start campfires and refuse to talk.

Kagome snapped back to reality as the Taiyoukai looked up at her with a –didn't-you-hear-me?- look plastered across his features. The dim light of the fire was finally making it possible for Kagome to read his facial expressions which she decided was a good thing, since he wasn't very good at making conversation.

"Right." She squawked as the sudden eye contact startled her. "Fire wood." She finished before dropping her bag and grabbing a few fallen tree limbs from the edge of the clearing, staying close to the dim light as she searched for more.

Obviously, Kagome noted as she found a small pile of limbs all ready collected for such a task, this place had been used as a camp ground before.

'That was fast.' The Taiyoukai noted as the girl returned shortly with an armful of branches.

"I got lucky." Kagome smirked while dropping the small heap next to Sesshoumaru and in front of the fire. "Someone did all the work for me." She smiled at the Taiyoukai sitting across from her and placed a small dried out branch on the edge of the quickly growing fire while she lowered herself to the ground.

"So...." She asked again trying to start up conversation, while pulling out a box of Twinkies from her pack. They weren't exactly healthy, she noted, but recently losing the weight just didn't seem that important.

She stopped fiddling with the wrapper to make eye contact with Sesshoumaru as he again fell quiet. "Where we going?"

Silence.

Kagome's fingers went back to fiddling with the noisy container as Sesshoumaru rose to his feet and seemingly ignored her question for the second time.

'Guess we aren't making conversation.' Kagome noted before finally freeing the yellow cake from its prison with a grunt and pulling the plastic down far enough to take a bite.

'It was his idea.' She seemingly commented to the cupcake as the demon lord walked off behind her and out of her peripheral vision. 'You'd think he'd at least---' Kagome began while taking a small bite off the end of the Twinkie, only to nearly gag as a strong arm from behind her picked her up effortlessly and plopped her down into a silk clad lap.

Kagome sputtered and coughed loudly as she dislodged the cupcake from the back of her throat and swallowed harshly. To say she was surprised was an understatement. Of all the ways she thought she would die, death by Twinkie; not one of them.

"What the hell?!" She finally managed to strangle out as her lungs once again resumed their normal function.

Clawed fingers began to lightly stroke through Kagome's hair in what she could only assume was supposed to be calming gesture, all though in her current state, was proving most ineffective.

"I did not anticipate your response." Sesshoumaru stated in a deep matter-of-fact, slightly amused tone that was quickly beginning to grate on Kagome's nerves.

'Didn't anticipate my response?! How would he react if I just picked him up and........Okay.' Kagome concede internally, 'not very likely but still!'

Kagome took a deep breath as she quickly regained her composure. She didn't really appreciate the manhandling...but...sitting in his lap was....kind of nice. He wasn't groping her which of course was a plus, since he had promised not to do so, or at least, said he wouldn't anymore.

Kagome nibbled her bottom lip again as she tried to recall exactly what he said he wouldn't do, while trying to ignore the gentle scraping of claws against her scalp as it encouraged a crop of goose flesh to plump up against the senstive spot on her neck.

"You could have asked you know." She finally reprimanded with much less force behind her words then she originally intended.

"You would have consented?" Sesshoumaru questioned with genuine curiosity. It had never actually occurred to him to simply ask her to sit in his lap, but then he wasn't in the habit of asking for anything.

Kagome paused mid-bite as she thought about her answer a moment. She swallowed another mouth full of Twinkie before finally delivering her answer.

"I'm not sure." She answered honestly as the gentle scraping of his claws began to move lower and do marvelous things to her back. "If I refused would you still have done it?" She questioned with interest.

"Mostly likely." He answered honestly his claws ceasing their movements as he felt her go rigid within the confines of his lap.

Kagome gulped harshly as she seemingly tried to swallow his words along with her now forgotten dinner. "I see." She responded guardedly. "I thought you had more honor than that."

Kagome flinched at her own words as now the demon lord seemed to stiffen beneath her (and not in the way she reluctantly fantasized about for the last couple of days). 'Okay...that was a little harsh.' She noted before frantically trying to fix things.

"What I mean is..." Kami she needed to take a vow of silence. "I've always seen you as an honorable person....and not the kind that .....would force themselves upon a woman." She finished, punctuating her broken sentence with a large bite of Twinkie, in case it were her last.

Kagome released a breath she hadn't realized she was holding when she felt Sesshoumaru's claws once again begin their gentle decent down her back, after several tense seconds ticked by, his muscles once again relaxed against her own. She attempted to mend things further.

"I hope I didn't offend you." Kagome stated meekly; silently grateful she was still breathing.

"Am I touching you in any way that you deem inappropriate?" The demon lord questioned thoughtfully while continuing to gently rake his claws against her skin. Perhaps he would give this ~asking ~ thing a try. It was tedious, no question about that, but the gentle rise and fall of Kagome's chest as she sighed against his touch was more then distracting enough to make it only slightly so.

"No..I guess not." Kagome answered in a faltering tone. It was an awkward position considering they barely knew each other, but compared to his past....advances...this seemed extremely tame.

"Have I not stated previously I have no desire to harm you or your reputation?" He asked again as his clawed fingers slowly began to drift to the right to run down the tender skin of Kagome's side.

'So that's what he said.' Kagome noted dimly as she mentally smacked her forehead. 'Wait ....reputation? Ohhhhh.' She remarked internally as realization hit. 'Like REPUTATION. I get it now.'

Kagome giggled softly as clawed fingers began to gently tickle at her sides. 'Reputation....who talks like that anymore?' She quipped to herself, forgetting the time period she was in momentarily.

"Ack!" Kagome screamed as she began to squirm furiously in Sesshoumaru's lap. "Stop stop!"

Immediately the Taiyoukai's hand stilled as he eyed the girl in his lap curiously.

"I'm ticklish." She huffed, not waiting for him to ask what was wrong, before once again regaining her breath and picking up her discarded dinner.

'Ticklish' Sesshoumaru noted with a slight hint of mirth. This was definately a bit of information to store away for future use.

Kagome had barely taken a bite before his claws once again began to move against her skin with renewed enthusiasm, inching their way upward to more tender flesh, causing her to gag on bits of yellow cake again.

"Stop!" She squealed as she finally latched onto his hand and held it away from her.

"Geez." Kagome huffed as she slowly cleared her throat and regained her breath. "You. Are. Going. To. Kill. Me." She stated plainly, annunciating each of the words as if trying to force them into his brain.

"I cannot anticipate.." Sesshoumaru began, before letting his sentence drift off into nothingness; Kagome's hushed mumblings catching his attention.

"...anticipate me shoving a Twinkie up your nose." Kagome gripped under her breath to no one in particular.

"Hn?" The Taiyoukai questioned not liking the sound of the small part he heard.

Kagome smirked slightly but decided it was better to avoid the question all together opting instead to change the subject.

"Hey..." She began after several moments of silence, her eyes still trained on the Twinkie in front of her as she imagined shoving the whole thing up Sesshoumaru's left nostril. "Are you hungry?"

Sesshoumaru grimaced slightly anticipating where this line of questioning was going. "I do not eat human food."

"Why not?" Kagome questioned with interest as she turned in his lap to face him; only to realize that their faces were entirely too close for comfort. Her face tinged pink as she quickly looked away and slid herself off his lap and onto the grass in front of him, not missing the quizzical look he gave her as she continued her little investigation.

"Scared?" Kagome teased while looking at the half eaten Twinkie as if it were some mystical frightening object.

Sesshoumaru snorted loudly at the suggestion as he leaned back against his palm and eyed the girl in front of him. "I find it unpalatable."

"So....." Kagome grinned slightly as she eyed the Taiyoukai and then the Twinkie. "So you COULD." She finished in more of a question then an answer as she paused; waiting to see if he would, in fact, take the bait.

A louder snort (if possible) escaped his throat as he stared at the girl in front of him. He COULD do anything. To suggest there was anything that he couldn't do was prosperous. Wouldn't do...now that was another story.

"All right then." Kagome grinned as she scooted a little closer and raised the half eaten food stuff to eye level while looking him squarely in the eye. "I submit to you a challenge."

'A challenge.' Sesshoumaru noted with mild amusement. 'This could prove interesting.'

"EAT – THE – TWINKIE." She stated in an ominous tone that was obviously forced to sound serious as she attempted to keep a straight face.

Sesshoumaru forced himself not roll his eyes and sigh. 'Maybe not.'

Kagome was quite please with herself. She was having fun and she seriously wondered if he would find Twinkies as unpalatable as most human food of this era. She had to admit they weren't exactly filet minion, but for the rest of her life she'd have the I-watched-Sesshoumaru-eat-a-Twinkie story, and that was something worth working for.

That is of course...~if~ he ate it.

"No." He finally answered looking very bored and causing Kagome's shoulders to sag.

"It's yummy future food." She stated in a persuasive tone one would give a child who refused to eat his supper.

Truthfully, she initially considered challenging him to shove it up his nose, but she was finding this a much more enticing game and quite frankly did not have the guts to ask the mighty demon lord of the west to shove anything anywhere. Also, she had no idea what the side effects of Twinkie-up-the-nose could be and she didn't want to be responsible for the deaths that would most likely ensue (namely her own) once he got the thing out of there.

"You know you want some." Kagome attempted again, dipping her finger into the creamy center and sticking said finger into her mouth, sucking it free of the cream, as if to demonstrate it was palatable.

Sesshoumaru leaned forward slightly as the girl in front of him gained his attention. She was a fool if she believed teasing him like a small child would help to sway him to do anything but remove her head from her body, and he intended to tell her so. That is, of course, until she began to suck a creamy digit into her mouth, releasing contented noises that stirred up all kinds of deviant innuendo that he was sure the girl was currently completely oblivious to. To say she had his full attention was a bit hasty, but he was getting there.

Kagome grinned as the Taiyoukai began to lean a little more in her direction. Perhaps she would get her story after all? He certainly seemed interested, and even if he didn't eat human food NORMALLY, he still got hungry right? He certainly looked hungry.

Kagome sighed as Sesshoumaru's eyes seem to jump first to the pastry and then back to her. He was obviously indecisive. Perhaps he needed just a little more persuading.

"Look." She began as she pinched a tiny portion of cake between her forefinger and thumb and held it out to him while skittering closer on her knees. It wasn't enough to make him sick or anything, in case that was a concern, but enough that he could get a taste. "Just have a little and tell me what you think." She extended her hand, fully intending to drop it into his mouth, if only he would open up.

Sesshoumaru eyed her momentarily as a twinkle of something Kagome couldn't identify seemed to float upon the golden irises of his eyes.

Soundlessly he raised his hand, wrapping it tightly around her wrist. (Not tight enough to hurt but tight enough to hold it in place.)

Kagome blinked once; not really afraid of the contact but not really trusting it either. She gasped softly as she felt the gentle caress of his lips wrapping around her extended fingers until they were completely encased in the warmth of his mouth.

Kagome swallowed softly, clearing her throat as suddenly her salivatory glands seemed to dry up and her skin began to burn. A familiar pressure began to build inside her abdomen as she felt a gentle yet textured tongue works it way up the now trembling digit, removing any trace of the soft yellow cake that once inhabited there.

The young miko felt as if she were going to hyperventilate as she watched the sensuous display with innocent curiosity. Her breath seemed to be coming to her in pants as her mind supplied all kinds of images that were not helping -at ALL - to slow her heart rate.

The heated moment came to an anticlimactic and sudden crescendo as Sesshoumaru locked his eyes to Kagome's only to have her look away and yank her hand free of his, whilst he begrudgingly released it.


"See..not bad at all." Kagome squeaked as she stared into the grass in terror and confusion, mentally berating herself again for her lame linguistic skills.

"Quite pleasing." Sesshoumaru answered hoping to obtain the miko's attention, but returning to his reclined position once it was clear she preferred to stare into the grass.

Kagome released a long breath as she allowed her gaze to settle on the fire as she turned to face it. She refused to even let her eyes wander in the direction of the reclining demon lord.

"So...." She began as the silence once again became unsettling. "Where we going?"