InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Palpitations ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Hello...hello...hello." Kagome's voice echoed through the empty halls of the abandoned structure as she stood in the decaying doorway. It looked about as accommodating from the inside as it did on the outside, which wasn't saying much. It obviously had been abandoned some years ago and if the distress on the remaining walls and tapestries were any indication, it hadn't been vacated by choice.

"Do you think we should be in here?" Kagome questioned softly as Sesshoumaru took a few steps forward into the hollow chamber before looking around and eyeing a dark corridor.

Sesshoumaru snorted again. The sound causing Kagome to grimace as she wondered just how much damage he was doing to his sinus cavity every time he did that.

"What if the owner's come back?" She asked in a hushed tone again as she barely made out the Taiyoukai in front of her through the darkness.

Kagome wasn't sure, but a short awkward pause in movements and speech seemed to insist that the demon lord in front of her had raised his eyebrow. Something he did, she noted, when he felt she had asked something that didn't require an answer.

"Where are you going?" She hissed as loudly as she could without raising her voice. It wasn't like there was anyone else to hear her, but for some reason she felt like she was breaking and entering and thusly kept her voice lowered.

"There is a chamber at the end of this corridor." He answered back as the sound of wood creaking forced the image of a door being opened to present itself to Kagome's mind.

Kagome whimpered as she took another step forward closing her eyes tightly as she felt something she HOPED was a spider web brush against her exposed arm.
"Couldn't we just sleep in the rain?" She whimpered again in a pathetic humorous voice not missing the familiar pregnant pause that suggested she was getting the ~eyebrow~ again.

Kagome gasped as the end of the hallway suddenly flooded with light and quickly retreated from the darkness to the small glowing room.

"Oh thank Kami." She groaned as she shut the door behind her causing it to creek loudly again before setting her backpack down beside it and moving forward to inspect the room.

All though the room had apparently been spared during what she assumed was an attack of some kind; time had not been as merciful. A thick layer of dust seemed to cover almost everything in the room, causing Kagome to cringe reflexively as she ran her finger over what she decided at one time had been a beautiful hand carved wooden headboard, removing a thick layer of dust while coughing lightly.

"You think we can sleep here?" She queried as she eyed the dust on her fingers and decidedly wiped them off on her jeans before warily gazing upon the bed.

"Hn." He answered back noncommittally as he seemed to think over her question while lighting yet another mounted torch that hung along the walls of the hidden bedroom chamber.

"I wonder if it's even comfy." Kagome pondered out loud as she sat down on the plush looking bed only to be completely enveloped in a large cloud of dust. Instantly she was on her feet sneezing and coughing as she squeezed her eyes shut and desperately sought air free of dust particles.

'Demon Bed!' Kagome's mind screamed as she skittered as far from the offensive object as she could, falling to her hands and knees while wheezing loudly. Her mind barely registered the sound of fabric crumpling as black boots crossed her field of vision momentarily and exited the room.

"Hey don't leave me here." Kagome huffed quietly as the door hung open and the air suddenly became much more breathable. Once the air had cleared, her attention was brought back to the bed in the center of the room that now for some reason seemed to glow an ethereal white compared to its previous condition.

Kagome blinked several times as she attempted to process the drastic change in the bedding. Slowly she crept up to the strangely magical sleeping structure on her hands and knees and poked it delicately with one timid finger; more then a little shocked when the surface appeared to be dust free. Growing a little braver, she smacked at the bedding with a flat palm, her muscles tightening as they prepared themselves for the cloud of offensive dust that never came.

"I suggest." Sesshoumaru's voiced from the doorway causing Kagome to startle. "You refrain from disturbing anything." He warned while adding coolly. "If you enjoy breathing."

Kagome grimaced. She wasn't sure if he was talking about the dust or perhaps ending her life, but either way, it seemed like a good idea to heed his words.

"How...?" Kagome questioned while pointing to the now clean bedding that only held a hint of dust across its surface.

"I removed it." Sesshoumaru stated matter-of-factly once again raising an eyebrow suggesting she was asking a question with an obvious answer.

"Ohhhh." Kagome stated in obvious understanding as she looked to the Taiyoukai then to the bed, noticing a thin layer of dust on both. He must have removed the comforter, she noted, or whatever they used for comforters in this time. The large blanket, or whatever it had been, keeping the dust from the interior layers.

"Sorry." Kagome stated dejectedly as she caught several large splotches of dust now marring his once pristine Kimono.

He waved his hand dismissively suggesting they needn't talk about it further.

'Hey!' Kagome's inner voice squeaked as it caught a crude reflecting glass hanging from the chamber wall half covered in dust. She hadn't taken the opportunity to check herself out in the bathroom mirror when she had hurriedly packed for their trip and she couldn't help but wonder if the weeks traveling in feudal era Japan had in fact helped to shed a few unwanted pounds.

Kagome grimaced as her once smiling face quickly faded to a look of disgusted sadness right in front of her eyes. She couldn't really look like this could she? Maybe the mirror was broken?

"Yuck." Kagome huffed as she looked away from the reflecting glass disappointedly. Apparently it was going to take longer then she thought to lose the weight.

Kagome's eyes went wide as she met the Taiyoukai's chilling golden gaze. She had forgotten he was there as she got caught up in her feelings of self loathing and now, realizing the demon lord had witnessed the entire thing, her face was flushing an extremely dark shade of red as she concentrated on the patterns of stone directly in front of her feet.

"It is time..." Sesshoumaru stated coolly as the girl continued to lower her eyes. "..For your first lesson in Youkai aesthetics." He finished, gaining Kagome's attention as he stood directly in front of her and placed a hand upon her shoulder.

Soundlessly he applied pressure to the shoulder until she was once again facing the mirror with the Taiyoukai standing directly behind her. She caught her image in the mirror again briefly before looking away as the beauty of the demon lord behind her only seemed to magnify her imperfection.

"Now." Sesshoumaru stated decisively while hooking her chin easily with his forefinger and forcing her to look directly into the mirror. "What do you see?" He questioned as his head hovered over her shoulder and his gaze met hers through the reflective surface of the glass.

"Dust." Kagome answered in annoyance before turning away again only to have the Taiyoukai hook her chin once more.

"..and?" He persisted.

"..and…" Kagome sighed. What was this? Is this where she's supposed to say a beautiful girl? Because she certainly didn't see one; not compared to the perfection standing behind her.

"Gasp!" Kagome exclaimed while pointing to the mirror in feigned surprise and terror. "Demon!" She smirked slightly as her mask began to crack.

Sesshoumaru blinked once languidly as he mustered his self control in an attempt to keep from rolling his eyes at her. In any other situation he might have found her comment humorous, but not when he was attempting to engage in serious conversation.

"No." Sesshoumaru barked sharply causing Kagome to jump and meet his angry reflected gaze once again. "What do you see when you look upon yourself?" He stated softer as he once again attempted to steer her towards the proper answer.

"A girl." Kagome finally answered as she wrapped both arms around her chest defiantly and stared angrily at her own reflection.

'Good.' The Taiyoukai noted as he lowered his mouth to the shell of her ear to whisper his next question. Now they were getting somewhere.

"Only a girl?" Sesshoumaru urged again as he began to nuzzle the shell of her ear in a slow seductive way that he hoped would soon be having an effect on the stability of her knees.

"Uh..." Kagome responded dimly as the soft caressing of her ear began to cloud her all ready fuzzy mind. "A girl who.." She caught her reflected gaze in the mirror again and frowned slightly as she pinched at her sides. "A girl who should not be eating Twinkies for dinner." She mumbled dejectedly.

"No..." Sesshoumaru rumbled with frustration as he pulled his body from hers and walked the distance of the chamber to free his mind of lustful thoughts and release some of the tension on his groin. Her reluctance to see her own beauty was annoying to say the least.

All though Sesshoumaru had not bedded many females in his time, at least compared to other less fastidious Youkai, he understood that one simple equation held true no matter the woman. If (A) the woman felt secure in herself plus (B) she found him attractive then (C) she would remove her clothing. This of course would shortly be followed by (D) the removal of his clothing, and if all went well, quickly degenerate into some rigorous (F)ing. (E of course being foreplay..which he always seemed to forget when recalling the equation for some reason.)

Here he was once again, Sesshoumaru noted with much annoyance, being denied what he wanted yet again because of some idiotic human ideal of beauty. This would not do. Despite outward appearances he was not a patient demon. If he was going to help her get comfortable with her body with any kind of expediency, drastic measures would have to be taken.

Sesshoumaru allowed a small sadistic smirk to curl against his lip as an idea formed within the dark and dangerous parts of his mind.

"Wait here." Sesshoumaru ordered with his back still towards the girl who nervously picked at her clothing, before turning to exit down the corridor to be enveloped in darkness.

Kagome blinked in shock. Where was he going? Maybe he was checking to see if it was still raining so he could send her back? She sighed despondently at the thought. She didn't really WANT to go back, and the rejection after her own little bout of self depreciation would be like rubbing salt on an all ready tender wound. Quietly she lowered herself to the bed, sitting cross-legged as she eyed her surroundings in an attempt to ingrain them upon her memory.

'Oh well.' Kagome sighed with a touch of sadness. 'It was nice while it lasted. At least I won't have to sleep in this dusty place.' She finished, attempting to put a positive spin on a seemingly grim situation.

Kagome blinked herself free of her thoughts as her attention was captured by the entrance of the Taiyoukai carrying what looked like a very large and heavy boulder. The curved edges suggested it had once been one of the large stones that made up the outer walls of the now deserted dwelling that were scattered about the large central chamber, hinting to some sort of battle that had possibly been fought there.

"What are you going to do with that?" Kagome questioned inquisitively as she leaned forward and eyed the large piece of stone apprehensively.

Sesshoumaru once again did not answer as he opted instead to lower the boulder to the ground until a loud clack of stone on stone resonated through the room suggesting the boulder was much heavier then it appeared. With a quick glance to the unsuspecting girl who stared at him in utter abashment he quickly turned and shut the inward swinging door behind him and slid the stone in place; effectively locking it there with the world's largest and most unconventional key.

"Why...?" Kagome stuttered as it slowly began to dawn on her that there was no way she would ever be able to move a stone of that size, say if she had to escape, from an over amorous dog demon.

"Move it!" She demanded hotly, not missing the hint of amusement not quite cloaked by his usually stoic features.

"You Miko.." Sesshoumaru began. "..have allowed your mind to be clouded by human ideals and beliefs that I haven't the patience to disprove."

"Allowed my mind to be clouded?" Kagome sputtered as she tried to wrap her mind around his words. "I AM human." She stated with emphasis. "Besides...what do my beliefs have to do with you ....with...that!" She pointed to the stone again as her anger and confusion stifled her brains natural function.

"Hn." He grunted with mild pleasure. For once he had anticipated her response; perhaps he was finally beginning to understand the inner workings of the young miko?

"Your preoccupation with human beauty and implications towards failings to meet certain criteria are unfounded." He countered without blinking.

'Okay.' Kagome commented internally as she stared at him a couple seconds and blinked. 'I know he likes to use big *pretty* words....but come ON.'

"What?" She half giggled as she decided he was taking whatever was going on completely too seriously.

"You are receiving a ...crash course," Sesshoumaru recalled her words in the forest as he used them as his own. "in Youkai aesthetics." He finished before bending over and removing a boot.

"What?!" Kagome uttered again, this time fully aware what he said, but more concerned with what he meant. Her concern only increasing as she slowly came to the understanding that he was in fact stripping in front of her, and it was most definitely NOT her imagination.

"Hey!" Kagome shrieked indignantly as he began to shrug out of his Kimono, "You can't do that!" She huffed. "You promised." She worried her lower lip nervously as she once again realized he didn't actually PROMISE, but stated at the time he had no desire to do such things.

"I have no intention of touching you." Sesshoumaru quipped in a slightly defensive tone as he continued to peel himself free of the layers upon layers that were his clothing. "Or forcing you to do anything." He added as he piled his armor on top of his boots against the floor.

"You're forcing me to look at your nakedness." Kagome fumed angrily as she quickly threw her hands over her eyes; occasionally peeking through them to send the Taiyoukai an angry glare.

"This Sesshoumaru has no control over the direction of your eyes human." He spat out bitterly as if disgusted that the last word had even occupied his lips. "What you see or don't see will be completely your own doing."

"Dammit." Kagome cursed uncharacteristically under her breath as her hands remained clapped over her eyes. The silence in the room began tugging at her curiosity as she chanced a quick glance to confirm that Sesshoumaru was serious about this.

'Eep!' Her mind offered dimly before she once again buried her face in her hands; attempting to suffocate the image of Sesshoumaru pulling his pants over his hips out of her mind.

'This is so not working.' Kagome groaned internally as she sat in silence and leaned forward into the bedding with a whimper. The guy barely made conversation as it was, and what little she could discern from looking at him had just been taken from her.

"Ahhhhh!" Kagome screamed as the bed beside her sunk causing her to jump off quickly and scurry backwards into the wall with one hand still covering her eyes.

"There are laws against things like this you know." Kagome finally whimpered in a defeated tone as it became clear he had no intention of ending this ~lesson~.

A familiar snort calmed her nerves as it thankfully came from the bed in the middle of the room and no where near her.

"This Sesshoumaru does not abide by HUMAN laws."

"Dammit." Kagome huffed as she continued to sit in the corner with her hand over her eyes.

"Stupid Youkai." She mumbled as she buried her head against her knees and sulked not caring if Sesshoumaru heard her or not.