InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Conversations ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome huffed for what seemed the millionth time as she glared angrily at the swollen foot that mockingly bobbed at her with each step of the tall Taiyoukai; who now carried her, bridal style, through the dense forest. The irony of her situation caused the back of her eyeballs to burn with tears she refused to let to the surface.

~Don't worry Inu Yasha.~ ~I'll be fine Inu Yasha~ Those had been Kagome's words.

'Kami.' Kagome groaned internally as she imagined the verbal lashing she was going to receive for THIS brilliant maneuver. Not to mention, the accusations she was sure would flow willingly from the hanyou's mouth, as she tried to explain why Sesshoumaru had carried her back to Kaeda's village.

When Kagome had broken her ankle six months ago (in several places) the trip back through the well had been almost as painful as the actual break itself. Inu Yasha knew her buttons quite well, and did he EVER enjoy pushing them when the opportunity presented itself.

Kagome could not help but groan as she took note which foot now throbbed in excruciating pain several feet in front of her face. It was the same one. The same one she had worn a cast on for almost half a year. It was the same foot she had to have metal pins inserted into to keep the bones in place while wearing the offensive itchy cast. She took some solace in the fact that it seemed she had avoided damaging the recently healed ankle, but winced at the odd way her toes now pointed in there bruised and swollen state.

If Kagome was lucky, she had only broken a couple toes, and maybe wouldn't have to go back through the well this time.

'When have I EVER been lucky?' Kagome noted disheartenedly as she continued to fold her arms across her chest and glare.

She was angry, and not just with her foot.

She had stopped talking to Sesshoumaru several hours ago. Unfortunately for Kagome, since the Taiyoukai wasn't much for conversation, he was completely unaware of this fact.

Why couldn't he just say something so she could tell him to shut up? He really was intolerable.

"Ahhhh!" Kagome screamed as a warm and fuzzy snakelike ...THING wrapped itself around her thigh and gave it a tight squeeze.

"What the hell is that?" She questioned horrifically as she smoothed down the skirt of her school uniform; tucking her hand between her legs as she guarded her most vulnerable parts.

"That is Mokomoko-sama." Sesshoumaru answered back matter-of-factly.

"I'm not talking to you." Kagome huffed in anger before realizing she had in fact asked a question.

'That was bright.' Her internal voice chided, causing Kagome to grimace as she noted she was once again getting the ~eyebrow~, suggesting Sesshoumaru agreed.

"What is a Mokomoko-sama?" Kagome questioned in defeat as she attempted to pry the thing off of her leg.

Sesshoumaru seemed to mull over her question for a moment before responding. "It was given to me by my father."

"But what IS it?" Kagome questioned again as she seemingly wrestled with the thing that threatened to creep up her leg. She smacked at it lightly as one would a disobedient puppy for sticking his nose where it didn't belong only to have it shiver lightly and smack her hand in return before wrapping itself around her thigh again.

"Is it alive?" Kagome inquired quietly as the thing seemed to have a mind all its own.

"It is an extension of myself...." Sesshoumaru explained while shooting the fluffy length a quick glare causing it to still against Kagome's leg. "..in the same way Tensaiga is an extension of this Sesshoumaru....or" He added reluctantly as he loath to even to compare himself to the half-breed, but felt it was necessary to help the girl within his arm understand. "Tetsaiga is to Inu Yasha."

Kagome seemed to ponder this new information as she continued to stare at the furry 'creature'; deciding that it was in fact alive due to it's warm blooded nature. If it was in fact similar to Inu Yasha's sword that meant that it was part of Sesshoumaru, not just as an extension, but possibly a way of balancing out his demon blood as well?

'No.' she decided as she stared at the length again. Sesshoumaru didn't need balancing. She had seen him without it before and he hadn't gone insane with blood lust. So what was its purpose?

Kagome stifled a giggle as an image of baby Sesshoumaru sat crying on the floor while screaming for his Mokomoko and sucking his thumb invaded her mind.

'A security blanket?' Her mind questioned as she eyed the boa speculatively. 'Oooooo Or a pet?"

'How could your pet be an extension of yourself?' Kagome wondered soundlessly as yet another theory crumbled to dust within the confines of her mind.

'Hadn't he compared it to Tensaiga as well?' Kagome questioned again as she attempted to analyze the strange creature further.

Kagome had often seen Sesshoumaru actually TALK to Tensaiga as if it had a separate voice all it's own that she could not hear. (Something she, at the time, had deemed crazy and had just added to her list of ~reasons to stay away from Sesshoumaru~) Did this mean that Mokomoko-sama also had a mind of its own? That would certainly fit his initial explanation; calling it by name rather then describing what it was.

Kagome sighed as she realized her temples were beginning to throb.

Demons were far too complicated.

Absentmindedly, Kagome extended her hand and began to pet the fuzzy creature that held her leg fast, as it occasionally constricted, while her fingers lazily trailed over it. She was almost positive she had caught Sesshoumaru doing this at least twice before the whole -getting-into-her-panties- thing started, and it once again made her wonder if the thing around her leg could in fact be a pet. If it was, it was an extremely lazy one, she decided; considering she hadn't seen it do much more then hang off Sesshoumaru's shoulder since she had initially noticed it several years ago.

"Inu Yasha is going to kill me." Kagome huffed sadly as scratched at the fur the way you would behind a cat's pert ear.

"He will not." Sesshoumaru answered definitely, punctuating his sentence with a squeeze of his arm as Mokomoko-sama mimicked his actions.

"Not literally..." Kagome offered as she realized the Taiyoukai was once again taking her far too seriously. "but I told him I wouldn't get hurt again, and I wasn't even SUPPOSED to be in the feudal era." She finished in a soft huff as the length around her leg uncoiled one end so that it could push itself into her hand.

"This has happened before?" Sesshoumaru questioned while staring at the girl in his arm through the corner of his eyes.

"Yes." Kagome admitted sadly, smiling softly as 'Fluffy-sama' she decidedly dubbed him deciding he looked nothing like a Mokomoko, continued to nuzzle into her palm.

"Hn." The Taiyoukai drawled out indifferently as he hastened their trek through the forest and pondered her words. So the Miko was accident prone? This would not do at all. Humans, after all, were fragile creatures with typically short life spans. If you threw in the fact that this particular human traveled through time while mouthing off to demons and battling large boulders, it was amazing she had lived THIS long.

Sesshoumaru typically did not believe in fate. After all, his life had not been a pleasant one, and to suggest that somehow his suffering was tied in with a greater plan was not comforting to him in the least. In this one instance, however, he was willing to admit that the woman in his arm, who lightly ran her fingers over Mokomoko-sama; sending delightful little chills down his spine, seemed destined to be tied to him in some way.

'Not excluding, of course, the literal sense.' Sesshoumaru noted to himself in amusement as an image of Kagome's naked form wrapped up against him by his Mokomoko-sama cause a familiar twitch to his groin. Perhaps it was time for another lesson?

"Why did you make me....swallow?" Kagome questioned as she broke the silence once more and grimaced recalling the act.

'Perhaps not.' Sesshoumaru sighed internally as he faltered only slightly in his pace; not missing the almost comical way the tip of Mokomoko-sama turned to look at him suggesting it had a face when it, in fact, had none.

This question, Sesshoumaru knew, would be difficult to answer. There were, in fact, several reasons why it was important for her to ingest his fluids rather then spewing them onto the cold stone floor.

Should he tell her that ingesting the fluids of a Youkai, whether it be his blood or his seaman, would, if done repeatedly, extend her life and possibly aid in the healing process?

Should he explain that such a bond would make it easier for him to locate her despite great distances possibly saving her from peril?

Should he inform her that by completing this sensual act she had unwittingly insinuated her body was his for the taking, if he deemed her worthy and ready to receive him?

Naaaah.

"It pleased me." The Taiyoukai answered matter-of-factly as continued his pace through the forest; lowering his head slightly to avoid a low hanging branch.

"Well it didn't PLEASE me." Kagome answered back hotly as she emphasized her discomfort with doing such things.

"What would please you?" Sesshoumaru questioned indifferently.

'Ah the asking questions thing.' His mind drawled as it expressed his displeasure with such things. The tediousness of it was starting to wear on his nerves, but it seemed to pacify some misguided belief the miko held that she had ANY say in ANYTHING he did, directed toward her or otherwise.

Kagome worried her lip nervously as she sought an answer to his question. How was she supposed to answer that?

'I'd like it if you touched me HERE?' Kagome's mind scoffed as an absurd laugh echoed through her skull. 'No thanks.' Her mind added as she decided that whole line of communication was completely off limits.

"I would have liked it better if you'd given me a choice." Kagome finally retorted as she smothered images of teaching Sesshoumaru to touch her the same way he had taught her just this morning.

'Swallow or die?' Sesshoumaru's inner voice quipped as it offered what it considered a suitable choice. She was, after all, the one who initiated ~phase four~ without his consent. What did she think would happen?

"You did not foresee the consequences of your actions?" Sesshoumaru questioned with genuine curiosity as he attempted to inventory the girl's knowledge on that particular subject.

Kagome's eyebrow twitched as his words hinted at her inexperience. Sure she KNEW what the inevitable outcome would be, but she wasn't at all prepared for the feeling of her mouth being filled with sticky-gooey-manjuice. Not ONCE in sex-ed had they mentioned it; something Kagome was now considering a gross oversight by the teaching community in general.

"Come on." Kagome half whined as she attempted to appeal to some sort of emotion that had to be hidden behind the cold exterior of the stoic Taiyoukai. "How would you feel if I shoved your head....places." She once again chose her words carefully as she struggled to talk about the slightly embarrassing subject. "..and then forced you to ...finish even though you didn't want to?"

Sesshoumaru halted in his steps as Mokomoko-sama inched a little further up Kagome's leg. "Would such things please you?" He questioned with much interest, as the girl he held in his arm suddenly had his undivided attention.

"Absolutely not!" Kagome shrieked while she placed her hands against her heated cheeks in mortification as the Taiyoukai obviously missed the entire point she was attempting to make.

Kagome's response had come too quickly, of course, to be anything more then a knee-jerk reaction to an embarrassing situation, and suddenly she wondered if perhaps she should correct her previous statement and admit, that in fact, such things might be quite pleasurable.

Kagome shook her head as she came to a decision. The only two corrections that could be made were to either openly state that she liked the idea of him doing ~THAT~ , which her inexperience kept her from confirming, or, that she had no idea whether or not she would find that pleasurable; the later correction only proving to make his previous implications to her inexperience more valid. Sadly she admitted to herself as she remained silent within the Taiyoukai's grasp, she may never know the answer to that question. Any exploration in such matters would require the removal of her clothing in front of a male, whoever that male might be, and that simply was NOT going to happen.

Despite Kagome's efforts to erase the face of the man she would one day share her body with, possibly in the afore mentioned position, her treacherous mind rewrote the image, this time in permanent marker, of the Taiyoukai that was now staring down at her. She shivered slightly as his eyes seemed to bore into her soul, causing a dull ache to swell in the hallow of her abdomen and forcing her gaze to 'Fluffy-sama' again while running her fingers through his fur in an attempt to calm her body.

Kagome sighed softly as silently they took up their previous pace without further comment.

Sesshoumaru took note of the detectable change in her scent despite her previous denials as he continued to trudge through the forest. Obviously her initial response had not been completely truthful, unless of course, there was another man she wished to engage in such activities with.

'Hmmm.' Sesshoumaru's inner voice hummed as he contemplated the possibility. If such a man existed he would have to eliminate him immediately in a cruel and painful fashion.

'The miko is mine.' Sesshoumaru growled internally as he noted the tip of his Mokomoko-sama had nestled itself to lie against Kagome's breasts whilst she lazily petted it.

'Yes.' He growled again as he seemingly agreed with himself. 'And I have no intention of sharing.' He snarled; the pelt against Kagome's chest shivering momentarily before twisting against the young girl's leg more tightly.