InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Innocent Questions ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Cut it out you perv!" Kagome barked in agitation before flinching as she realized she could have phrased her request with more delicacy.

Maybe it wasn't smart to snap at someone who could, just as easily, fold her in half and stuff her inside her backpack, but this was the THIRD time his hand had crept up her thigh and it was starting to wear on her nerves. The first couple of times she assumed were unintentional since he was, after all, carrying her bridal style through the forest and needed something to hang onto while Mokomoko-sama supported her back. The third time, however, she had actually felt the tip of his claws graze dangerously close to the edge of her panties; confirming he was, in fact, feeling her up.

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes as he once again moved his hand to rest against the back of Kagome's knee. Her reluctance to let him touch that which he had all ready been thoroughly acquainted with, was infuriating and tiresome.

On the surface Sesshoumaru understood that the girl pressed against him did not fully comprehend what he meant when he described his Mokmoko-sama as 'an extension of himself'. Internally, however, his body all ready identified the woman as 'his bitch' as it constantly screamed at him to pleasure her and mark what was his in a permanent and undeniable way. This confliction within himself was not something new, and, as he always did, he allowed himself to fall silent as he attempted to sort out these feelings. This, unfortunately, only served to fuel the young miko's ire.

"Sorry Kagome." The young girl stated in a forced baritone voice as she performed her best Sesshoumaru impression and seemingly carried on a conversation with herself.

"You should be. I am after all YOUR guest, and not just some tramp you can feel up whenever you want to." Kagome answered her previous statement in her own voice as she continued the simulated back and forth.

"I apologize Kagome-sama. Your boundless beauty has bewitched me beyond the point of all reason. Please...tell me what I can do to make it up to you, name it and it's yours." Kagome quipped back in her best Sesshoumaru voice.

"Anything?" Kagome once again toned as she continued on with the little production.

"Anything." She answered back as she lowered her voice once more. "Please, I beg you, tell me what I can do to make it up to you."

"I do not beg." Sesshoumaru stated flatly as he once again gazed at the girl against him through the corner of his eyes.

"Of course you don't" Kagome huffed back sedately as her little play was brought to an end and she once again gave into her boredom. It never ceased to amaze her how often he completely missed the point things.

"How much longer?" Kagome whined as she rested her head against his shoulder; entertaining herself by staring at one of his nostrils.

"Not long." Sesshoumaru answered in a stoic tone as he sniffed the air lightly and caught the faint scent of a nearby human village.

"Goody." Kagome responded noncommittally as she wiggled the toes of her sore foot and found them seemingly unbroken. Maybe a trip to Kaeda's hadn't been necessary?

'Oh well.' Kagome's inner voice remarked as she decided she'd rather come clean about the whole –sneaking-off-with-Sesshoumaru-thing- then spend the rest of the week with him.

It wasn't that she found his company completely intolerable, but more to the fact that she had come to terms with the inevitability of having to share the truth with her friends. Now that she knew she was a short distance away from the village she came to think of as home, she couldn't bring herself to simply turn around and leave it again. So Inu Yasha might be a little angry. She could handle Inu Yasha

* * * * *

"I'm sorry child but I see no evidence of a fracture." Kaeda stated while poking at the recently unwrapped appendage.

"Don't be." Kagome grinned as she wiggled her toes once more and grinned as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. "I'm just glad I don't have to go through the well again!"

"Aiy, twould be a shame to have to depart after only recently returning." The elder woman agreed while eyeing the Taiyoukai that stood next to the doorway; leaning against the wall as he looked at the pair indifferently.

"Ye have not seen Inu Yasha yet I take it?" The old woman questioned as her eyes once again rested upon the young girls face.

"No...WE haven't." Kagome responded; the emphasis on WE suggesting she was well aware Inu Yasha would not be happy to see his half brother in her company.

"I see." Kaeda remarked thoughtfully as she walked over to the corner of the room and retrieved a broom that leaned against the wall in preparation to do some cleaning. "I should warn thee then. I expect he will be returning at sunset, as he expected to stay here and greet ye when ye returned through the well."

"Thanks." Kagome replied with a soft smile as she heeded the woman's words and took note of the quickly descending sun. "We'll wait for him outside." Kagome offered in a gentle tone as she turned and exited the hut with a demon lord close on her heels.

"Why wait for him at all?" Sesshoumaru questioned inquisitively as his long strides quickly gained on the miko's so that he were standing beside her.

"Because," Kagome retorted in a casual voice, "I have to talk to him sooner or later and I've decided I'd rather he know where I was...in case....in case I find a way to injure myself again."

"You are planning on injuring yourself?" The Taiyoukai questioned dubiously while raising a curious eyebrow into his hairline.

"Heh," Kagome half laughed as her mind supplied an image of herself adding 'Break foot against rock.' into her day planner. "I just think it would be easier..you know...not to have to deal with the injury AND the fact that I wasn't where I implied I was all at once."

"I see." Sesshoumaru retorted stoically as he silently weighed the implications of his miko's obvious care for what the hanyou knew and thought of her. Perhaps his initial concerns that she lusted for his half-brother were not completely unfounded. This would require some subtle observation; after all, there were many different levels of lust, many of which could be easily broken.

Sesshoumaru simply refused to believe that she might actually love the hanyou. After all, she had traveled in the half-breed's company for many years and still remained a virgin. Even Inu Yasha wasn't stupid enough to overlook such a delicate flower as it sprouted directly under his nose.

"K-Kagome?" An obviously startled hanyou questioned as he peered at the pair through the edge of the forest. It was nearly sunset and while Inu Yasha was most definitely looking forward to seeing Kagome again, this was not anywhere near how he envisioned their meeting.

"Inu Yasha." Kagome gasped out as the surprise of meeting him so soon rooted her to the spot. "We were looking for you."

"What the fuck are you doing here with that bastard?" Inu Yasha barked indignantly as he pulled Tetsaiga from his waist and allowed his eyes to dart back and forth from the girl and the demon lord.

"Uh...well you see.." Kagome responded dimly as she desperately searched for her words. Why had she wanted to do this again?

"Can it!" Inu Yasha snorted as he lowered his body into a dangerous pose. "Get behind me Kagome and I'll get rid of him once and for all."

"You may try." Sesshoumaru retorted hotly while pulling Tojin from his sash and stepping in front the stuttering female in a protective way. If Inu Yasha thought he was going to place even one clawed finger upon the woman he now thought of as 'his bitch' he was desperately mistaken.

"Uh..." Kagome continued to stutter from her place behind Sesshoumaru as she attempted to diffuse the situation in a very ineffective way. "You guys...let's not..."

"Guess it's time we cut off that other arm." Inu Yasha snorted with malice as he quickly sized up the opponent before him. "Maybe that will teach you to keep your claws to yourself.

"My claws ~dear brother~, "Sesshoumaru retorted with sarcasm while allowing the remainder of his words to drip with innuendo. "Are the least of your worries."

"Guys!" Kagome exclaimed ineffectually as the pair of brothers continued to tune her out. 'Dammit.' Her inner mind grumbled as she realized she was being ignored. She needed to get their attention, and fast if she wanted to prevent one of them from dying.

'Aha!' Kagome's inner voice exclaimed as she dove into her backpack and began rummaging for decidedly red piece of clothing that could, quite possibly, do the trick.

"Be right back." Kagome stated to no one in particular as her departure seemed to go unnoticed; even as she disappeared behind a large thicket of wild blackberries.
Quickly, she shimmied free of her school uniform top and pulled the tight red fabric that revealed scandalous amounts of skin over her body. If this didn't work, she noted while making sure the fabric completely covered her tummy, she could always fall back on the S word.

"Guys!" Kagome attempted again as she ran over to stand in-between the sparing brothers, blocking their paths as they moved in to lunge at one another.

Instantly Inu Yasha's eyes locked to Kagome's chest as he continued to hold Tetsaiga in a defensive position but seemingly ignored his hated half-brother. Likewise, Sesshoumaru's eyes fell to the young girl's chest, only to break away briefly to glare at the hanyou who so openly gawked at what he perceived as HIS, before once again examining the creamy expanse of skin.

'Yay.' Kagome's inner voice stated flatly as her victory was slightly tainted by the fact that neither dog was looking her in the face. 'Niiiice puppies,' Kagome quipped, 'Good puppies...watch the breasts...listen to the miko.'

"I won't have you guys fighting over me like this." Kagome finally stated in an authoritative tone. "I'm not involved with EITHER of you..." She explained while giving the hanyou a telling glance that suggested he had his chance. "and I don't appreciate being treated like a piece of property."

Soundlessly, as if Kagome's words had somehow broken a spell placed over him, Sesshoumaru slipped his sword back into his sash and stood upright once more.

His eyes of course were still transfixed on her chest, Kagome noted, but at least his ears seemed to function okay in his current preoccupied state.

"Keh." Inu Yasha finally snorted as he realized his brother had put away his sword. Vaguely he wondered how Sesshoumaru could do something so out of character, and without him noticing, before he too sheathed his sword and waited for Kagome to speak again.

"I know this is..." Kagome began again as she thrilled at the thought of having both brothers completely attention. "a lot to ask....but do you think we could sit down ...TOGETHER...and have dinner. I'm starving..." She admitted while turning to address Inu Yasha. "and we need to discuss some things."

"Keh!" Inu Yasha barked in reluctant agreement as the Taiyoukai once again stood silently but showed no signs of refusal.

"Okay then." Kagome retorted matter-of-factly as the tension in the moment was not lost on her. "Let's find Sango and Miroku."

* * * * *

"Obviously if I'm alive it wasn't THAT dangerous." Kagome argued with the hanyou who sat beside her as she lazily nibbled at her ramen. She supposed she should be grateful considering it had only taken her thirty or so minutes to explain to Inu Yasha, and her friends, where she had been the last couple of days; explaining that she was taking LESSONS from Sesshoumaru regarding youkai and their practices. She also supposed she could be grateful that they had accepted her explanation despite the fact she had been less then honest with them when she initially decided to take off with the Taiyoukai. She refused, however, to allow her ~secret weapon~ any kind of thanks for diffusing the situation since now they were not only serving to calm the hanyou, but apparently piss off Sesshoumaru; as he fixed a death glare in his oblivious half brother's direction.

"Kaeda said you were injured." Sango spoke up from her place beside the fire as worry permeated her words.

Kagome shook her head while wiggling her toes, noting that they were almost completely healed "I guess I overreacted. You know...cause of last time." She finished begrudgingly as she once again wished she could bury her head in her ramen and pleaded with the Taiyoukai at the back of the room to behave himself with her eyes.

"Keh!" Inu Yasha barked effectively bringing the conversation to a screeching halt as only the sound of noodles being slurped echoed quietly through the hut.

"Inu Yasha..." Kagome began warily as she carefully took inventory and noted her kit was in fact all ready asleep in Kaeda's hut, and thankfully out of ear shot, as she decided it was time to break the silence. "Did Kikyou ever...give you a hand job?" She finished in a casual -hows-the-weather- kind of tone.

"WHAT?!" Inu Yasha questioned with a noodle hanging out of his mouth. The entire room performing synchronized spit takes while completely missing the satisfied smirk that curled dangerously on the Taiyoukai's face as he lounged lazily against the back wall.

"Priestesses aren't allowed to do that?" Kagome questioned with almost childlike innocence as her curiosity overshadowed her reason to the point where she didn't see the harm in such a simple question. Secretly she wondered if she had unwittingly broken some sort of miko code.

"Of course they can!" Mirkou answered far too eagerly as he scooted closer to the young girl, nearly knocking Sango over, as he prepared to offer her any and all information she might need on such a topic.

"I...we...you.." Inu Yasha faltered as his cheeks tinged a deep shade of crimson while he attempted to put an answer together. "What kind of fucking question is that?"

Kagome shrugged casually as she leaned over and sucked a wad of noodles into her mouth and swallowed before continuing. "I just thought you were close...you know...before." She extended her index finger and thrusted it forward once suggesting 'before you were pinned to the tree.'

"Before we what??!" Inu Yasha questioned horrifically as his ears flattened against his skull.

"You know." Kagome offered casually again as she repeated the thrusting motion a couple times hoping he would pick up on the hint.

"We NEVER did anything like that." The hanyou barked back indignantly as he contemplated whether or not he should be answering her at all.

"Oh come on Inu Yasha." The young girl drawled out as she rolled her eyes at her friend. "I know you did." She stated flatly. "I was the one who pulled it out...remember?"

"What?!?!" Inu Yasha questioned once more as his eyebrows twitched hysterically. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Hello..." Kagome answered back impatiently. "The tree...the arrow...how we met...any of this ringing any bells?" Damn his memory sucked.

"OH." Inu Yasha slumped as he braced himself to keep from falling to the floor while seemingly ignoring her question.

"So..." Kagome began again as the hanyou went back to his ramen without answering her question. "Did she?"

"Why the hell would she do something like that?" Inu Yasha barked in agitation again as he finally sought to answer the question.

Kagome shrugged once more before she too turned to her ramen. "I thought you guys were close." She offered offhandedly as she continued to pick at her food.

"We were." Inu Yasha almost squeaked as the implication that Kikyo and he were not close simply because they had not done such things sent an uneasy feeling down the back of his spine.

"Huh." Kagome answered back noncommittally as she seemed to contemplate his answer before shrugging it off and continuing to eat in silence.

Several moments passed and silence descended upon the room as everyone but Mirkou seemed lost in quiet contemplation.

"What about a blow job?" Kagome questioned suddenly, breaking the silence, as spitting noises once again echoed through the room causing Inu Yasha's ears to fall flat once more.

"WHAT???!" Inu Yasha screamed in utter abashment as he once again missed the -very-pleased-with-himself- expression of his half-brother as he reclined against the back wall.

'So the little miko is growing curious?' Sesshoumaru's inner mind cooed as it once again plotted and schemed within the confines of the Taiyoukai's skull. Perhaps a better explanation of the nature of Mokomoko-sama would soon be in order?