InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Propositions ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Three days. Three days was a long time to do anything. Countries could be formed and or even decimated in less time. Not that Kagome was comparing her current plight to the destruction of some ancient and misunderstood civilization, but KAMI such things were starting to sound appealing.

Perhaps, Kagome noted, three days was not entirely accurate. After all, Sesshoumaru had only been traveling with the rag-tag group of demon fighters for two.

It had been THAT day, two days ago, that was the cause of the young miko's discomfort.

That day when Sesshoumaru's departure was inferred; being that one week had passed and Kagome had lived up to her end of the bargain.

It had been THAT day when Sesshoumaru had shocked the entire camp with his single baritone expression "I will be joining you."

To immediately be followed by Inu Yasha's snorted response "The HELL you will."

Typically Kagome would step in at this point and argue on Sesshoumaru's behalf. After all, a strong fighter could come in handy in their quests and the Taiyoukai had all ready provided the group with two jewel shards previously. She couldn't this time, however, she couldn't defend Sesshoumaru after what he had....what she had let happen.

It had been at this moment, of course, the universe decided that Kagome had become too complacent in her actions and decisively stepped in for her.

"Fine!" Inu Yasha had barked completely catching everyone off guard. "You can travel with us," He offered begrudgingly with a growl. "But you better keep your distance!"

"What the fuck?!" Kagome had exclaimed in utter confusion as she stared at Inu Yasha and blinked; completely unaware of everyone's eyes upon her, including the Taiyoukai, as she uncharacteristically cursed in front of her kit.

'Who is this person and what have they done with Inu Yasha?!' Kagome had questioned internally before realizing Sesshoumaru was looking at her and lowering her gaze again.

She was still not ready to look him in the eye, no matter how much she wondered what he could have possibly said to Inu Yasha to get him agree to such a merger.

It had been THAT day, two days ago, that began Kagome's own little version of a living hell on earth.

Maybe that wasn't fair, Kagome noted whilst she stared into her ramen and pretended not to notice the Taiyoukai that sat with his back against a tree only a few feet away. After all, Sesshoumaru wasn't THAT bad as a traveling companion. Ironically, her current condition was actually a symptom of the knowledge she inadvertently gained whilst staying at the village. Information, Kagome noted sedately, she was beginning to wish she had never received in the first place.

'You might as well be touching his...' Kagome shuddered as Inu Yasha's words once again ran through her mind while one phrase continued to ring over and over inside her head.

'Ignorance IS bliss.'

"Kagome!" Inu Yasha barked as he attempted to gain the young miko's attention, his tone suggesting it hadn't been the first time.

"What?" Kagome grimaced as she shook herself free of her troubling thoughts.

"EAT." Inu Yasha insisted as he stared at the bowl of cooling ramen the girl before him seemed bent on wasting. "You haven't fucking been eating anything lately. What's wrong with you?" He finished in a tone that suggested he was worried, despite his agitation.

"I'm just not hungry." Kagome offered as she moved to hand her bowl of ramen to Inu Yasha only to have him shove it back at her.

"Nuh uh Kagome." Inu Yasha chided. "That's yours ..now EAT."

"I'm. NOT. Hungry." The young girl annunciated hotly as Inu Yasha's preoccupation with her weight began to wear on her nerves. He always seemed to do this. Not once did he ask how she was feeling. Not once did he ask if she was sick. Just ~EAT Kagome~ ~Don't injure yourself Kagome~ ~Where's your red top Kagome~. It was more then a little annoying to have someone put such emphasis on her outward health and stability while completely forgetting the person underneath.

"You'll eat it or I'll shove it down your throat." Inu Yasha barked as he grabbed the bowl from Kagome's lap and prepared to force feed her again.

Instantly Kagome's hand flew to cover her mouth as she recalled the last time Inu Yasha had attempted this maneuver. One could not utter the dreaded ~S~ word when one's mouth was full of cold ramen noodles.

"Inu Yasha." A cold baritone voice warned from his place behind the crouching hanyou. "I believe your miko has made her wishes on such matters quite clear."

While Sesshoumaru agreed with the half-breed, that in her current state, Kagome was quite appealing; he could not understand the rationale behind forcing her to eat when she had all ready stated she was not hungry. After all, all though her current state may tantalize his senses; with her soft body and flowery scent, it was the girl herself and not the added weight that made her so appealing. Her current state only set to amplify that which was all ready there. A rose is still a rose after all; whether that rose be a blossom or a bud. Surely even a half-breed would understand such things?

"Nobody asked you." Inu Yasha retorted as his ears flattened against his skull and he decidedly lowered the bowl. "She NEEDS to eat."

"I am fairly certain Kagome is capable of feeding herself." Sesshoumaru answered in a tone of intimidation while standing directly behind his younger brother.

"Mmmm hmmmm." Kagome answered in agreement whilst still holding her hand over her mouth and pointing up at the great Taiyoukai as if to say 'He has a point, don't you think?'

"KEH!" Inu Yasha snorted hotly as he forced the bowl once again into Kagome's lap. "Then EAT!" He finally ordered before angrily stomping off to a nearby tree and soundlessly jumping into it.

Kagome swallowed harshly as she locked her eyes to the tree her friend had escaped to and realized the Taiyoukai was now lowering himself to the ground in front of her to take up Inu Yasha's abandoned post. Why oh why hadn't she just eaten?

"You are ill miko?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he stared at the girl who never let her eyes meet with his any longer.

"Not....really." Kagome offered as she pondered the definition of ~ill~.

"You are troubled?" Sesshoumaru asked again, this time pleased when his questioned gained a surprised glance from the girl, before she once again tore her eyes away.

"I guess." Kagome answered honestly as the Taiyoukai's insight rattled her nerves. "Just preoccupied I guess."

"What has you preoccupied?" The demon lord persisted as he sought for an answer to her strange behavior.

'Ho ho' Kagome's mind clucked sarcastically. 'Like you don't know.' It added as she continued to stare at the ground.

"Nothing important." The young miko offered dismissively as she waved her hand in a placating gesture.

"If it was unimportant it would not trouble you." Sesshoumaru pointed out; once again pleased as the girl met his eyes and this time did not look away.

'Awwwwww.' Kagome's inner mind cooed. 'That was almost sweet.' She noted as the Taiyoukai seemed to infer that anything that troubled her was, in fact, important. How could she explain her problems to Sesshoumaru when he WAS her problem?

Nervously Kagome nibbled her lower lip as she thought of a way to proceed.

"I have this ....friend." Kagome stated hesitantly as she attempted to put the story together in her mind. "from the future..and she's having... relationship problems."

"I see." The great Taiyoukai stated stoically as he listened intently to her dilemma. 'Relationships of the future.' His ancient mind noted while deciding such information might come in quite handy in his current attempts to sway a certain young miko who was also from the future.

"Yeah....." Kagome continued as she attempted to push back the voices screaming in her brain that told her not to do this. "..and she has the boyfriend...who really ISN'T her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Sesshoumaru questioned as the unfamiliar term sounded as if it might hold a separate meaning to the girl then what he was discerning.

"Uh...Yeah." The young girl stated apologetically as she thought over how to explain what a boyfriend was. "Someone she likes..um...someone she finds attractive...someone she spends a lot of time with."

"A lover." Sesshoumaru offered causing the girl before him to nearly gag on the air itself.

"Uh...Yeah." Kagome agreed begrudgingly as she struggled against her body to stop herself from blushing.

"So anyways..." She continued nervously as the implication that she and Sesshoumaru were lovers was pushed to the back of her mind.

"The problem is," Kagome began again. "she had this OTHER boyfriend. This guy that she did THINGS with. Whom she never really talked to..um...cause...he never talked when they were together."

Sesshoumaru quirked a curious eyebrow. Humans had definitely grown stranger over time. A man she slept with but never spoke to? All the while cheating on her would be lover? An interesting predicament indeed.

"So anyways..." Kagome continued while noting she was once again getting the eyebrow. 'Ah...I missed that eyebrow.' Her inner voiced offered humorously causing a smirk to curl against her lip.'

"The issue," The miko from the future continued, "is that it turns out that the guy she did THINGS with, and the guy she thought of as her boyfriend, are actually one and the same." She finished while holding her breath as she impatiently waited for the Taiyoukai's response.

"How could she not recognize her own lover?" Sesshoumaru questioned inquisitively as he pondered the strangeness of future relationships.

"Uh..." Kagome answered dimly as her eyebrow began to twitch. "He only came to her at night."

"Surely she could have identified her lover without having to see him." Sesshoumaru stated in a tone that implied a question. What kind of woman gave her body to an unseen and unheard assailant?

"Uh..." Kagome answered dimly again. "She uh...drinks....ALOT." She finished with emphasis; relieved as the confusion seemed to fall from the great Taiyoukai's feature.

"I see." Sesshoumaru stated stoically as he finally felt he understood the situation.

"So..." Kagome question, unable to resist the urge to ask the source of her problem for the solution. "What do you think ~my friend~ should do?"

"She should drink less." Responded the great Taiyoukai as he gained a pitiful expression from the girl beside him.

"No no no no." Kagome corrected as she attempted to get back to the root of her situation. "Her drinking isn't the problem. What should she do regarding the man that she inadvertently did THINGS with?"

"Hn." Sesshoumaru answered contemplatively as he seemed to mull over the problem. "Did she enjoy herself?" The Taiyoukai questioned indifferently.

"Yes." Kagome nearly moaned as she hugged her knees to her chest and fought against the urge to let her eyes drift shut; earning a quizzical eyebrow from the dog demon before her.

"At least..."She faltered as she attempted to cover her odd behavior. "That's what my friend told me."

"Then, truthfully there is no problem." Sesshoumaru pointed out as he secretly wondered why human allowed such trivial things, like the well being of their friends, bother them so.

"But there is..." Kagome countered. "He tricked her. She may have enjoyed herself, but he made her think she was sleeping with someone else."

"She seeks revenge?" Sesshoumaru questioned as an almost evil smirk threatened to twist against the corner of his mouth. Revenge, now there was something he was good at.

"Most definitely." Kagome stated defiantly as she stared at the end of Mokomoko-sama now hanging limply against the Taiyoukai's shoulder.

"Hn." Sesshoumaru uttered indifferently as he seemed to contemplate the best course of action. Revenge, after all, was always best when the punishment fit the crime; thus leaving the offender in the same state he had left the offended.

"She should go to him." The great Taiyoukai offered as an evil plan began rolling off his lips. "Offer herself to him in a most seductive and unexpected way. Bring him to the height of anticipation, and then" An evil grin curled against his stoic features as he pictured the human male's face upon completing such an evil task. "deny him. Leave him unsatisfied and aching."

"Y-You think that would work?" Kagome questioned with interest as she thought over the suggested plan thoroughly.

"Is he a strong man?" Sesshoumaru questioned.

Kagome nodded once.

"Is he still interested in bedding this female?"

Kagome hesitated momentarily before nodding once again.

"Then the plan will be effective." Sesshoumaru explained as he allowed his eyes to rest upon the trees. "If this cad has put as much effort into bedding the female as you say, he will not be able to resist such a plan."

Kagome could not help but smile as Sesshoumaru unwittingly described himself as a cad. It was a pretty good plan, she had to admit, and the fact that it came from the great Taiyoukai himself only served to make it that much more righteous. The only question now was; could she do it? Could she actually throw herself at the great Taiyoukai only to pull away at the last minute and leave him wanting?

'Yup.' Kagome's inner voice supplied angrily as she once again eyed the length of fluff against his shoulder that occasionally twitched in her direction whenever she allowed her eyes linger.

'Yup.' Kagome's mind supplied again as she lifted the cold bowl of ramen up to her lips and began eating as a satisfied smile began to sprout across her face. 'That bastard is going down.

"You are feeling less troubled?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he eyed the girl who was now finally downing the noodles she had so openly refused moments before.

"I am." Kagome responded as an evil glint glittered happily against the iris of her eyes.

"Thank you Sesshoumaru ...you've been a big help." Kagome finished as the smile across her face slowly grew; leaving the Taiyoukai across from her to once again question how humans could be so obsessed over things that concerned other people.