InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 6
 
The next morning Kagome woke up well rested. When she sat up in bed she found a black suit much like the one that Sango wore. It was black but instead of having a pink stripe it had a blue one. She got out of bed as she tried it on. It fit perfectly as she was ready to train.
 
She walked out of her room. She was anxious to get started as she walked outside. She saw Sesshomaru standing near the garden as she walked over to him. When she got there she said, “Good morning Lord Sesshomaru, did you leave this for me?”
 
Sesshomaru felt as the girl was approaching him. He turned to see her and noticed that she was wearing what he had left for her. The garment hugged her figure to perfection as it left no room to wonder about her body. He let out a low growl from his throat as he saw her standing there right in front of him.
 
He had to hold on to his instincts. He couldn't afford to take her now before she consented to be his mate. He had to wait and he was determined to do so. He took a deep breath and that was the wrong thing to do. Her scent was so intoxicating that it was making his member grow hard as he turned away from her so she couldn't see what she was doing to him.
 
Kagome stopped as she heard his growl. She thought that he was upset with her as she looked at the ground. She moved her feet from side to side as she tried to find her voice so she could talk to him. She was saved from commenting when he turned away from her.
 
She jumped when she heard him speak his voice was raspy and horse. He sounded like he was having a hard time with something as she heard him say. “You're late miko, we were to start training at dawn. Go to the dojo I will be there shortly.”
 
Kagome bowed to him and left she never said a word to him as she walked away. She knew what was wrong as she had a smile on her face.
 
Sesshomaru couldn't believe that a wench could affect him so much. No female ever had this much control over him before. He didn't like the feeling as he got himself under control and went toward the training dojo.
 
When he walked in he saw her in there working out with a sword. She was going through some warm up exercises as she moved the sword around her body with speed. She was good with a sword and he wondered why she never picked up a sword before. He stood there watching her as she completed her warm up exercises.
 
When she was done he saw her look up as she stared right at him. She was shocked to see him just standing there watching what she was dong.
 
Sesshomaru walked forward as he eyed the girl and said, “You're very good with a sword why don't you use one?”
 
Kagome looked down and said, “Well, I don't own one, Inuyasha wouldn't let me touch his and I don't have any money to hire a black smith to make one for me.”
 
Sesshomaru saw the amusement in her eyes. She thought that she was being smart in answering his question but when he said, “If you can beat me then you may keep the sword in your hand.” She now knew that she had a challenge.
 
“What are the terms for your defeat? Do I have to render you unconscious or just have you yield?” Kagome was going to have fun. It has been a long time since she has spared with anyone that was good. She knew that Sesshomaru would give her a run for her money as she was preparing for her training lesson.
 
Sesshomaru thought for a few minutes before he answered her question, then he said, “Pin me to the ground and you may have the sword.”
 
He saw the smile on the girls face as he faced off with her. She had a sword in her hand that was one of the most valuable swords in his collection. He had to be careful how he attacked he did want to destroy the sword.
 
Kagome got ready as she got into a fighting stance. She was determined to win this fight and the sword she was holding. She had taken a liking to the sword and she was not about to give it up.
 
Sesshomaru pulled Tenseiga from its sheath, as he got ready to teach the ningen in front of him. He didn't want to hurt her so he used Tenseiga because he knew the sword would not cut. If anything it could save her life if he had too.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru faced off as they circled each other. Sesshomaru was the first to make a move as he rushed forward. Their swords met for the first time as they traded blows.
 
Kagome blocked with her sword as they struggled for power. They pushed each other away as they stared at one another. They were each calculating their next move as Kagome moved to attack.
 
She came in as she swung her sword down. He blocked as she turned her body and countered with another move. He moved quickly out of the way of the swinging sword as it sliced through thin air. They landed apart from each other as they each assessed the situation.
 
`He's strong I'm not going to be able to beat him with the skills I have. I haven't practiced in a long time and I'm sure that my grandfather didn't teach me all I needed to know. I will have to protect myself against him though because I know that if I let my defenses down he will not hesitate to show me my mistakes.' Thought Kagome as she eyed the demon Lord in front of her.
 
`She's a lot stronger than I thought. She is good and someone has been teaching her how to use a sword but they have not taught her enough. With a little more training she could be as good as me.' Sesshomaru was still looking at the girl, they were barely breathing hard as they started to go around in a circle again. This time he attacked as he went after her with more force. He wanted to see how far he could take her before she would succumb to his strength.
 
He went in as he slashed diagonal across her body. It was a hard move to block no matter how you put it.
 
Kagome saw the blow coming as she jumped from her position and twisted her body in the air. She sailed over his head and landed right behind him. She countered with her own slash as his speed was proving to be one of his strong points.
 
They continued to trade blows with each other for the better part of the day. When Kagome made a mistake he let her know about it as he hit her and a bruise would form. She remembered what she did wrong and never did it again. But like most humans she tired and soon he had her pinned to the ground with her panting hard.
 
He released his hold on her as he towered over her. Kagome knew that she would never be able to beat him now but within time she would. She didn't want to resort to tricking him to get the sword. There would be no honor in that. She wanted to get it the right way and she was determined to do it.
 
Sesshomaru reached out with his hand as he offered it to the girl to help her stand. Kagome accepted as he pulled her to her feet. Her body hurt from all the training that day. She noticed that they had been at it all day and it was getting dark outside.
 
“Miko, you are very good with a sword. Whoever thought you did a very good job. But with a little more training you will be perfect. I have yet to meet a female that can hold her own against this Sesshomaru but you are a worthy opponent.” Sesshomaru looked at the girl in front of him. Her hair was sticking to her scalp and she was sweaty. He found this scent to be most alluring as he stood there and watched her blush from his compliment.
 
Kagome couldn't believe that he was actually paying her a compliment. Inuyasha never had any praise for her for anything she did. She blushed as she said, “I will make sure to tell my grandfather that a demon Lord said that he had trained me well. He would really enjoying hearing that.”
 
Kagome turned as she was leaving the dojo she needed to bathe, as she was heading for the door.
 
Sesshomaru watched as she left the dojo. She had really worked him out today. He didn't expect for her to last this long with him and he was pleased. He could tell that she was tapping into her powers every time she attacked. He smiled she was powerful and every time he attacked her she was that much more determined to defeat him.
 
He had to settle for the fact that this ningen would win the sword she was wielding. But he wanted something better for her. He wanted a sword that she could use that would protect her even if he weren't there to help her. He knew that she was strong but there were always youkai out there that were stronger and he didn't want anything to happen to her.
 
He thought about this for a while and came to a decision. He would go to see Totosia and see if he would make her a sword. He knew that he had refused to make him a sword to rival Tetsusaiga but he might make one for his intended. He would wait until after the ningen ate her evening meal and went to sleep. He could go there and be back before daybreak.
 
He set his mind on what he had to do. He waited until the girl ate her food and then he left. He wanted to make sure that she was asleep before he left, it wouldn't due for her to be awake and noticed that he was gone. He made sure that his barrier was fortified before he left; he had to protect her from anyone that would want to do her harm. He flew with speed as he headed north to find Totosia.
 
Soon he arrived at the location where Totosia resided. He landed gently on the ground as he slowly made his way in to see the old man.
 
Totosia sat by the fire as he smoked his old pipe. He looked up to see the great demon Lord of the west coming into his home. He sighed wondering what he wanted now. He knew that he would never make him a sword that could defeat Tetsusaiga. He looked up from the fire as he stared at Sesshomaru, then he said, “Lord Sesshomaru, what is it that you want from me this time? Another sword that can beat the Tetsusaiga?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped as he heard the old mans words, he stared at him with his cold eyes and expressionless face as he said, “No Totosia I don't want a sword that would rival Tetsusaiga. I know now why my father has given that sword to my annoying little brother and I have no wish to take it away from him. But I do need a sword, I want a sword that would protect my intended.”
 
Totosia looked at Sesshomaru as he saw the sincere look in his eyes. `So he has finally decided to take a mate and he wants to protect her, I wonder who she is?' Thought Totosia as he watched with amusement in his eyes.
 
Totosia remain silent for a few minutes before he answered him. “All right I will make you a sword that will protect your intended. But I have to know what she is like so I know what I will need to do with the sword. I will also need a fang from you in order to bestow the sword with its power to protect her.”
 
Sesshomaru thought about his request. He didn't want anyone to know that she was alive as he said, “I will tell you this old man she is a miko of the rare kind and a powerful one. Her weapon of choice is a bow. As for the rest you can take all you need in order to make the sword.”
 
Totosia took all this in as he thought, `So Sesshomaru has found himself a pure hearted miko. No wonder he wants to protect her.' He got up from his place by the fire as he walked over to his tools and got a pair of giant pliers. He walked up to Sesshomaru and said, “Now open wide.”
 
Sesshomaru did as he requested as he took two fangs from him. He knew that he would have them grown back by morning. He turned to leave as a thought came to him; he turned back to Totosia and asked, “How long will it take you to make a sword for her? I want it to be special.”
 
Totosia thought for a few minutes as he said, “It will take me about a month and a half to make the sword that you want. I have to take my time with it. I have to make sure that the sword will react with her miko powers and that will be the hard part. A miko of a pure heart has great powers and could cancel out your demonic protection of her. I have to be able to make it so that she doesn't cancel it out and it mixes with hers.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head in understanding as he left Totosia to do his job. He was happy that he had consented to make the sword for him. He was one of the best sword makers in the area and he wanted to give Kagome something that would protect her.
 
He walked outside once again as he took off and headed back to his miko. He was beginning to miss her scent and her presence. He traveled with speed during the night. He wanted to get back before dawn so that she didn't know he had been gone.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke before the break of dawn. She wanted to get an early start to her day. Sesshomaru had been upset with her because she had not arrived at the dojo for her training on time. This time she was determined to be there before him.
 
She got up as she dressed in the armor he had given her. It was heavier than her normal clothes and it was a little hard to move around in, but she figured that with time she would get used to it and it would make her that much stronger.
 
She made her way into the dojo and found that he was not there waiting for her. This pleased her because she would be able to do her warm up exercises before they started with the training. She went and got a spear as she walked to the middle of the floor. She started out with just a simple warm up exercises to loosen her muscles.
 
Then she started on her routine that her grandfather had showed her. It consisted of twirling the spear around her body with speed, with some thrust, jabs, and parries. She would use the spear as a take off point to launch herself in any direction to attack her opponent.
 
She sensed him before he landed his blow. She turned and brought the spear up to protect herself as she blocked his attack.
 
Sesshomaru finally made it back to his sanctuary, he was late and he expected the miko to still be asleep. He caught her scent in the training dojo as he made his way there. When he entered he saw her working out with a spear. She was good with this weapon also. She was proving herself to be very flexible with different types of weapons.
 
He watched as she was going through her warm up exercises. She moved with grace and he was amazed that she even knew how to use a spear. He watched for a few minutes until he got the idea of attacking her to see if he could catch her off guard.
 
She proved to be very aware of her surroundings as she blocked his attack. Again he moved to attack and she defended herself very well. They continued for the rest of the day until he called a halt to the training.
 
They continued this way for the next couple of months. He trained her body well. She was well toned and she could use all of the weapons he had in his dojo. She was a quick study and proved herself to be a great student. She still could not beat him in a fight and this frustrated her to no end. He never told her that she had come close several times in pinning him to the ground to win.
 
He had figured out her strategy in time and was able to avoid it before her plan worked. He had to admire her determination; she wouldn't back down no matter what. She had become strong physically but she still needed to work on her control of her powers.
 
Mediation was the only way she could achieve this and this was proving to be her worse subject. She could not sit still and concentrate if her life depended on it. He had gotten frustrated with her several times when he was trying to teach her some mind relaxing techniques that would allow her to control her powers.
 
“I can't do this! It's way to hard for me and I just can't sit here and do nothing.” Said Kagome with frustration in her voice.
 
Sesshomaru saw as her temper was rising and if she didn't get it under control she could unleash her powers. It has happened in the past and he had been able to protect himself against her attacks. But she was becoming stronger and so were her attacks.
 
“Calm yourself miko, if you don't you will unleash your powers again.” Said Sesshomaru as he eyed her through half lidded eyes.
 
Kagome's anger was steadily growing. She hated not being able to control her powers. She tried to concentrate but she just couldn't blank her mind out and keep it that way. Her mind was always thinking about everything that has been going on in her life.
 
The demon in front of her filled her mind most of the time. He could get on her nerves at times but he had remained true to his word. He has not done anything to disgrace her in any way. He has been a gentleman the whole time she had been there. She had noticed that he would follow her everywhere she went and would just look at her.
 
She found this to be both endearing and annoying at the same time. She was beginning to have feelings for him but she knew that he would never want someone like her. She was human after all and he hated humans. `But if this is true then why did he kiss me? He had told me that he was interested in me. But what kind of interest does he have in me?'
 
She confused herself even more when she continued with her train of thought. This is why the mediations never worked. She would work herself up to the point of her bursting with anger and then she would lose her control over her powers.
 
She remembered on several occasions where she lost it and she had managed to hurt him. If it weren't for the armor that he was wearing she would have killed him already. She couldn't remember how he calmed her down for when she opened her eyes she would be back in her room on the futon. She would be ashamed of herself for not controlling her temper but that was a part of her that she had a hard time with.
 
She tried to calm her mind as she let her anger go away. Once she was back in control she would try again to find her center. `Maybe if I just thought of one thing and focused on that then I could succeed in this.' She set her mind as she focused on just one thought. She let her mind relax as she finally found her center.
 
She worked hard on controlling this power as she called it forth to just encircle her body. She was very relaxed as she did this and for the first time she finally felt that she could control her powers.
 
Sesshomaru watched in awe as he saw the miko finally clam down and found her center. She slightly opened her eyes as she looked directly in front of her. She was glowing a pure white in her aura. She seemed to be controlling her power as he watched with curiosity.
 
Kagome knew that she had control of her powers. She stood up from the ground as she held her hand out in front of her. She concentrated on her powers as she formed an energy ball. It was small at first but then it began to grow. When she had it big enough she let her power reseed back.
 
Then she brought one hand up as she caused a bow to appear in it as she pulled on the string and an arrow appeared lock in position. When she let go of her arrow it flew straight into a tree, when it impacted it blew it apart.
 
Kagome then let her powers go back down. She was feeling weak from using it. It took a lot of concentration on her part to use it, and it will take her sometime before she would master her new powers. She was wavering on her feet as she lost her battle and fell unconscious. She was about to hit the ground when Sesshomaru caught her in his arm.
 
Sesshomaru had been watching the miko all this time. She was testing the control of her powers as he saw the energy ball she formed in her hand. Then she made a bow and arrow appear, it was formed from her energy and it held great power. He was not surprised to see the tree blow apart from the impact.
 
He saw her waver as her powers reseeded back. She started to fall as he rushed forward and caught her before she fell. She was unconscious as he picked her up and took her back to her room. He knew that it would take time for her to perfect her skills. Now that she knew how to do it she could work on her control.
 
He placed her on the futon as he watched her sleep. He sighed, `It has been two months already and I have not progressed in the mating ritual. When I get the sword from Totosia I will be on the next step of the ritual. If she accepts my gift I will ask her then if I can keep company with her. Maybe I can show her some of the pleasures that we demons enjoy without mating. I would love to see her reactions to it.'
 
He sat there and watched for a little while longer. He had to leave to go and get her sword. It should be done by now if Totosia kept his word to him. He hoped that he did because their time for confronting Naraku was approaching. If what he has hearing was true then his brother has one third of the jewel and Naraku had the other third. The girl held the last piece and they would be looking for it.
 
He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead before he left. He wanted to make his way to Totosia and be back here before morning. He felt that there was danger coming and the girl needed her sword.
 
He left her behind as he traveled with speed toward the north. He traveled as fast as possible so he could make it back to the girl before morning. He just had this feeling that something was going to happen.
 
He finally made it to Totosia as he entered his cave. He found him sitting in front of the fire, as he was deep in thought. He approached with care as he said, “Totosia, have you finished the sword I have asked you for?”
 
Totosia looked up from the ground as he saw the demon Lord in front of him. He took a deep breath as he said, “Lord Sesshomaru, I have made the sword you requested. I think it might be my greatest sword ever. I have managed to get the sword to react to the girl's miko powers and not negate the demonic aura from your fang. I think that she will be able to use this sword with no problem.”
 
Sesshomaru was happy to hear that he had finished the sword. He saw as Totosia got up from his place and went into another room to get it. When he came back out he had a sword in his hand as he handed it to him.
 
The sword was a beautiful work of art. It was light but strong, he could feel the power that came from the sword. He had made the hilt of gold as he put rubies, emeralds, and blue sapphires in it. The handle was polished to perfection as you could almost see yourself in it, almost like a mirror.
 
Totosia looked as Sesshomaru with interest. He saw him looking at the sword as he admired his workmanship. He then looked up into his eyes and said, “The sword is called Sanshunojingi. I think it is fitting for your mates sword.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Totosia and said, “Thank you, you have out done yourself with this sword. I'm sure that my intended will be happy with Sanshunojingi it is a fitting name for her new sword. It is as beautiful as she is.” `The sacred treasure is a wonderful name for her sword. For she was his sacred treasure, she deserves this and more.' Thought Sesshomaru as he turned to leave, and then he heard Totosia speaking to him again.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru you will need a good sheath for the sword. I suggest you take it to Bokusenou and have him make one for the sword. It will keep its powers at bay and it will protect the sword.” Said Totosia.
 
Sesshomaru nodded that he understood as he left. He took off into the night heading for Bokusenou to see about a sheath for his beloved's sword.
 
Totosia watched as Sesshomaru left. He hoped that Kagome would like her new sword. He had made it with her in mind and wished her the best with her new mate. `She is defiantly going to have her hands full with that one. If she thought that the runt of the littler was bad, this one is going to be worse.'
 
Sesshomaru flew with speed. He wanted to make it to Bokusenou as soon as possible. He had to get back to the girl before daylight. He arrived at the old tree a short time later as he made his way to him. He stood in front of the tree as he said, “Bokusenou, I need a favor.”
 
The old tree opened his eyes to see the eldest pup from his good friend standing there in front of him. He looked at him with curiosity as he said, “Sesshomaru, what are you doing here? I have not seen you in a long time. To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?”
 
Sesshomaru took a deep breath and said, “I have come to ask you for a favor. I need a good sheath for this sword.” He held the sword up so the old tree could see it.
 
The tree looked at the sword and said, “So Totosia has made you another sword. Is this about fighting with your little brother? Because if it is then I will not help you in anyway.”
 
Sesshomaru sighed, as he said, “No the sword is not for me to use, it's for my intended and I need something that will protect the sword and seal its power while she carries it.”
 
The tree became happy at hearing that his friend's son had finally found a mate. “So you have finally found a mate that you think is worthy of being lady of the Western Lands? Who is she?”
 
“She is a pure heart miko and that's all I will say about her. Now are you going to honor my request for a sheath? Or do I have to go somewhere else?” said Sesshomaru in a huff he wanted to leave as soon as possible.
 
The tree chuckled as he said, “Impetuous pup, I will make the sheath for the sword but it will take me a few minutes to craft it.” The tree moved a branch and took the sword from Sesshomaru's hand. He pulled it high into his branches as he got to work. He made the sheath quickly but what took time was for him to embed his power into the sheath. He was getting old and this process took a lot out of him.
 
About an hour later the sheath was done. When he lowered the sword back to Sesshomaru it was glowing with a blue aura. He told Sesshomaru that once the lacquer was done drying that his aura would be fully embedded in the sheath. It would protect his mate the way his armor protected him.
 
Bokusenou then proceeded to tell Sesshomaru what the sheath would do to protect his mate, “Sesshomaru, I have designed the sheath with care. I have given it the power to locate your mate should she leave without her sword. All you have to say is to protect Kagome, the sheath will then find its owner and disappear from your hand and reappear on her waist.
 
The sheath also has the power to put up a strong barrier to protect her while she is vulnerable. Also your mate will not be able to take off the sword as long as she is away from your protection.
 
This is the power I have given the sheath in order to protect the Lady of the Western Lands. I hope this meets with your approval.”
 
Sesshomaru was stunned to say the least. This was everything he wanted to protect his mate. Bokusenou had given his gift to protect his intended from harm. He turned to the old tree and said, “I thank you for your gift. It is all I ever wanted to have her protected while I'm away from her.”
 
Sesshomaru took the sword and the sheath from the tree and thanked him for his fine work. He promised to bring his mate the next time he came to visit so he could meet her. He left Bokusenou and headed back toward the girl.
 
As Sesshomaru was approaching his sanctuary he sensed danger in the area. He was traveling back to be with the girl as he landed on a tree branch to survey what was going on.
 
He picked his nose up into the air as he caught Naraku's scent. He was not happy about having that half-breed on his lands. He went looking for him as he found him in a clearing. He was clearly waiting for him as he walked into the clearing to confront Naraku.
 
“Naraku, what are you doing here on my lands? You are not welcomed here now leave!” Said Sesshomaru with a vicious growl. He was too close to where the girl was located and he wanted him gone. He also sensed that he was a lot stronger than the last time they had met. This was not good because it would make defeating him even harder but he had to try to protect his mate.
 
“Ah Sesshomaru, I was wondering when you will be showing up. You have something that I want and I'm determined to get it,” said Naraku with distain in his voice.
 
Sesshomaru looked at him as he said, “I have nothing that you want. I want you to leave my lands and never return, this is your final warning.”
 
Naraku just laughed as he stood there in the clearing. He was not going anywhere without the jewel shards that Sesshomaru had in his possession.
 
Sesshomaru had enough as he took Tokijin from its sheath and prepared to do battle. He was going to get rid of this half-breed once and for all. He attacked as he swung his sword down and missed his intended target.
 
Naraku saw the attack coming as he quickly moved out of the way. Sesshomaru was fast but he was faster. He grew in size as his tentacles came out of his body. He was just a big massive piece of flesh as he controlled all the demons that made up his body.
 
He lashed out with his tentacles as he went after Sesshomaru from different angles.
 
Sesshomaru moved with speed as he avoided Naraku's attack. He slashed with Tokijin as the power of the sword hit Naraku and tore him to pieces. He saw as the demon parts fell to the ground and began to reform again.
 
`If he is able to regenerate this fast I will not be able to defeat him. He has gotten a lot stronger since the last time I fought him.' Thought Sesshomaru as he saw Naraku's body start to regenerate again.
 
Naraku kept up his attack on Sesshomaru he knew that he could defeat him and get the jewel shards that he possessed. Once he had the shards he would go after his brother and get the remaining shards from him. Then he would have the completed jewel, and with that miko out of the way, he will become the strongest demon in the land and rule supreme.
 
They continued to battle and at one point it looked like Sesshomaru was going to win. He was about to deal the killing blow when Naraku lashed out with one of his tentacles as it had a jewel shard imbedded in it. It went right through his armor as he released his miasma and poisoned him. He threw the demon Lord away from him as he landed about 10 feet away from him.
 
Naraku was weak. He knew that if he wanted to win this fight he would have to kill Sesshomaru while he was down, otherwise he would be defeated.
 
He was about to strike again when the sword that Sesshomaru was wearing pulsed to life and a dark cloud encircled his body as he disappeared from the area.
 
Naraku wondered where Sesshomaru had disappeared to but he didn't have time to ponder this question. He had to get away from this area before he came back. He was weak and he needed to regain his power. He left the Western Lands heading for his secret hideout. Once he had recovered from his ordeal he would come back and get the shards.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru woke sometime in the middle of the night. He was lying on the forest floor, his chest was hurting as he looked down and saw the hole in his armor. If he had been wearing his father's armor this would've never happened.
 
The armor he wore had been made specifically to train with the miko. It protected him from her powers when she had them out of control. It was the only way he could approach her and calm her down. It didn't take much to calm her usually just a kiss from him and she would melt into his arm. Once she had fallen asleep in his arm he would take her back to her room to rest.
 
He felt as the blood was slowly seeping out of his wounds. A pool of it formed where he was laying, as he felt weak from losing so much. He could feel the poison from the miasma working to kill him and his demonic blood trying to save him. The poison was preventing his body from healing as it left him open to infection and soon death.
 
He growled, he had finally found a female that he wanted to be with and now he was facing his death. He knew that he had injured Naraku and that he would have gone back to his hiding place to recover.
 
`At least the girl is safe for now, but what will happen to her if I should die? Who will protect her? I can't trust that half breed brother of mine to do it. He is too interested in that dead miko to pay attention to the girl. She needs someone that will love her and would want to protect her.' Sesshomaru stopped his train of thought as something seeped into his mind.
 
He was beginning to fall in love with the girl. He didn't know when this happened but he was. His feelings for her were real and it was something that he could not shake even if he wanted.
 
She had warmed his cold demon heart in such a way that he could not see things the same way anymore. She completed him and he wanted nothing more than to be with her. But he was currently lying on the ground in the middle of the forest and he didn't know where he was located, or for that matter, how long he had been unconscious.
 
When the Tenseiga came to life it had saved him from certain death. He knew that his father's sword always protected him from harm. But he didn't know how he was going to get out of this situation.
 
He laid there trying to get some of his strength back. When he did he would get up and then make his way back to the miko. He didn't want to die without seeing her once last time.
 
He fell asleep as he allowed his body to recover. He hoped that he would recover from this ordeal. He owed Naraku for hurting him.
 
~oOo~
 
That is the end to another chapter. Sesshomaru is severally injured during his fight with Naraku. What is going to happen well you have to wait for the next chapter to find out.
 
I wanted to thank Kagome-Reincarnation and Legessa for pointing out that I used due instead of do in my chapter. Sorry guys I do try to caught that sort of stuff but with limited vision right now I didn't catch that mistake. I will try harder in the future.
 
Cookie Tirone no I will not forget about Shippo. He is very much in this story along with Rin and they do try hard to get into trouble like two children should at times. But they won't appear for a little while more. But I won't disappoint you.
 
For anyone who was wondering this is a Sesshomaru/Kagome fic not a Inuyasha/Kagome. I will not bash Inuyasha but I do make him see the error of his way. Both brothers must come to terms with each other so there will still be tension in the air for a while.
 
Shadowhawk00 I wanted to thank you, you were number 100 for the review for this story. I can't believe the number of reviews I'm receiving for this story. You guys rock and it makes me really happy. I will try not to disappoint you.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!