InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 13
 
Kagome was floating in a void. Her pain was great as she screamed for it to stop. Her head felt like it was about to explode as she continued to cry her heart out. `Sesshomaru, please help me. Please don't let me die Sesshomaru. I want to stay with you my love. I don't want to go. Is there no one that can help me with this pain?'
 
A distant voice answered her call as it said, “I will get rid of the pain Kagome. Allow me to wrap you up in my shroud and I will make the pain go away.”
 
Kagome heard the voice and she didn't know who it was. She tried looking around but she was still blind to the world. She concentrated as she put a protective barrier around her body to protect herself, as she said, “No! Leave me alone! I don't need your help. I will wait for my mate to come and get me. He will help me through this.”
 
The voice just laughed at her as it said, “Where you are located he can never come to get you. You are in a void between the living world and the dead. I have been waiting here for you for a long time. Now that I have you, you will come with me to hell and be mine for all eternity.” The presence moved forward as it started to wrap Kagome in a dark shroud.
 
Kagome cried out in pain as she held her head. The pain was becoming worse as she tried to keep her barrier up to protect herself. She wanted Sesshomaru and she held hope in her heart that he would find her somehow.
 
Kagome continued to float in the void. It was dark and cold; no life existed on this plane. She was alone with her thoughts as doubt continued to eat away at her heart. The voice continued to speak to her slowly weakening her resolve to try and engulf her in his black shroud of death.
 
She held on to hope, hope that she will survive this ordeal. Hope that the man she loved would come and find her. Hope that she will find true happiness in the life that she had chosen, and hope that she will be able to control the power within.
 
Kagome felt that she was losing her battle to stay here on this plane. Then she felt a presence in the distance as it was calling to her and she slowly opened her eyes. The voice was soothing to her like she knew it.
 
It tugged at her heart as it gave her energy to survive. She smiled as she said, “Sesshomaru.”
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha found themselves in a void just floating. They had Tenseiga with them as it lit the area around them. It protected them in a barrier that didn't allow the void to claim them. They saw many things there as the souls of the dead was moving past them to the final resting place that was meant for them.
 
Inuyasha looked at his brother and said, “Sesshomaru where are we? What is this place?”
 
Sesshomaru was just as confused as his brother. He had no idea where he was as they both held on to the sword. “I have no idea Inuyasha. I don't know where we are. I do know that the sword must've brought us here for a reason.”
 
Then they heard a deep voice that responded to their questions. They both recognized the voice as he appeared in front of them. “My son's you are in the void between this world and the next. I have brought you both here because it will take both of you to bring your mate back from this place.
 
She has been taken and to defeat this evil you must fight as one. I'm using your power to help you in your quest. Do not let go of the sword because if you do I will not be able to protect you. Your powers bind the sword to the life you have in the living world and if you let go you will die.
 
Your mate does not want to leave you but he is attacking her soul as we speak. She is weakening and soon she will leave this plane. You must find her in time and bring her back. Her heart cares for the both of you and together you can help her return.”
 
Both sons's looked on in awe as they saw their father standing there in front of them. They heard what he said as Sesshomaru had a few questions for him. “Father, I know that you have helped Kagome in the past. I want to know how she can wield your sword when no one else has been able to touch it.”
 
His father smiled as he said, “I knew the day would come when you would finally take a mate. You used the medallion I left for you to find her. She is very powerful and a pure heart miko is the only one that can touch my sword. It is the sword of life and she is the heart. Together you will protect the land from what is to come.”
 
Inuyasha was curious as he asked, “What's coming that we must protect the land?”
 
Inutaisho turned to his youngest son as he said, “That my son I can not tell you but the miko knows. Listen to her my sons and she will guide you. Now we must go. We must find your mate before the evil consumes her and sends her to hell. Hold on to the sword and follow me.”
 
Both sons held on to the sword as it moved them through the void. They moved swiftly trying to find Kagome. They were yelling her name when Sesshomaru felt her presence. She was calling to him as he felt her in the distance.
 
He took over as he moved the sword swiftly through the void. He spotted something in the distance as it glowed a beautiful pink. He knew it was her as he headed in that direction.
 
Inuyasha just held on to the sword, as his brother was moving with lighting speed through the void. He saw what he had spotted as they raced to the pink light.
 
They were getting closer as they saw that the pink light was getting brighter. When they finally got there they couldn't believe what they saw. Kagome body was almost incased in a dark ball as she was fighting to break free. It had almost succeeded as they both yelled, “KAGOME!!!!”
 
Kagome's heart leaped with joy when she heard Inuyasha and Sesshomaru calling out to her. She was struggling to break free of the thing that was holding her. She felt weak but her resolve was growing as she continued struggle.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked at what was holding Kagome. They saw the thing move and take shape. It was Naraku and he had Kagome in his grasp. He was the dark ball that was encircling Kagome's body.
 
They heard an evil laughter as he said, “Sesshomaru you are too late. I will take your mate with me to the underworld where you will never be able to see her. Her soul is almost mine and as soon as I engulf her she will remain with me for all eternity.
 
You may have killed me on the mortal plane but here I'm invincible. The girl will not be able to break free of my grasp.”
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were frantically thinking about what to do. They were basically stuck where they were. They couldn't let go of the sword that was protecting them and they had to save Kagome.
 
Inuyasha had an idea as he pulled Tetsusaiga out of its sheath. It grew in length, as he got ready to attack. He knew Kagome's location by her aura as he turned and yelled “WIND SCAR!!!”
 
The three bright flashes of light came forth as a golden aura encircled the attack. Tenseiga added its power to the blast as it traveled through the black abyss, hitting the sphere that was holding Kagome. It tore the top part off as it pulled away from her body.
 
Sesshomaru moved forward with speed as he grabbed Kagome from the void. He brought her close to his chest as he looked at her. She was still with him as she was gently breathing in and out.
 
They moved away from the area with speed as they were heading back the way they came. But Naraku was not about to give up. He gave chase as he was following them to get the girl back.
 
He finally reached the demons in the gold sphere as he attacked. He struck with such force that it sent the sphere tumbling through the void.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha managed to hold on to the sword as Sesshomaru got the sphere under control. They were both panting hard as they faced off with Naraku.
 
They couldn't believe that they were still fighting with the hanyou even after his death. He wanted Kagome's soul and they were not about to give her up.
 
Naraku attacked again as Sesshomaru quickly dodged his attack. He brought the sphere around as they faced Naraku.
 
Inuyasha brought his sword out as he got ready to attack, it was the only defense that they had since Sesshomaru already had his hands full. He had Kagome in one arm and he was holding on to the Tenseiga with the other. He put as much power into his attack without leaving Kagome and Sesshomaru unprotected as he yelled “Wind Scar!”
 
The three bright flashes of light came out as it went after Naraku. It made contact but it didn't do any harm. The last time he had caused damage to Naraku but this time he didn't. Then he remembered that Tenseiga had added its power to the attack and this time it didn't. They were in trouble unless they can combine their attacks.
 
Sesshomaru continued to dodge Naraku; he couldn't concentrate on anything else while they were under attack. His main concern was for his mate and protecting her.
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in Sesshomaru's arm. She felt that they were in the middle of a battle as she looked to see whom they were fighting against. Her eyes went wide with disbelief. She saw Naraku there battling them and her side was losing.
 
She saw that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were holding on to the sword as they battled. Tenseiga was protecting them. She knew that she needed to add her powers to the sword to enable them to win this fight or they will all die.
 
She started to concentrate as she started glowing a pure white. She slowly reached her hand up as she made contact with the sword. Tenseiga pulse as it got a burst of power from the girl. It grew in length as it looked like the Tetsusaiga.
 
Inuyasha got ready to attack again as he let his wind scar go. This time he saw a brilliant bright flash of light as it joined his attack and engulfed it. The power of the two swords combined into one powerful attack. When it finally reached Naraku it engulfed his body in the light.
 
Kagome gave the sword her power for purifying as she combined her attack with Inuyasha. It hit Naraku as the attack purified his soul and sent it to its final resting place in hell.
 
Kagome fell unconscious in Sesshomaru's arms as she smiled weakly. She had managed to save her mate and Inuyasha and she was happy.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were panting hard as they started to move the sphere back the way they came. They were racing back to get Kagome to safety.
 
Sesshomaru felt that Kagome was still weak and nothing he did would wake her. His father appeared once again as he said with urgency. “Sesshomaru my son, you must mark her if you wish to have her stay with you. It won't be the true mating mark that she will carry for the rest of her life but it will be enough to hold her here on this plane. If you don't you will lose her.”
 
Sesshomaru didn't need to be told twice as he brought Kagome closer to him. He shifted her until her neck was exposed to him, as his fangs grew longer. His eyes flashed red as he bit her shoulder marking her as his intended. His youkai bleed into her flesh as he tied her life to his.
 
He removed his fangs as he started to lick her neck to close her wound. A short while later he felt her stir in his arms as she slowly opened her eyes.
 
Kagome thought that she had lost the fight. She opened her eyes to discover that she was being held in Sesshomaru's arm. She smiled as she said, “I knew that you would come and help me Sesshomaru.” She closed her eyes again as she wrapped her arms around his chest never wanting to let go.
 
They raced to get back to the living world as they had Kagome tucked safely in their arms. A bright flash of light exploded around them as Inuyasha and Sesshomaru opened their eye to find Kagome's mother looking at them, with a worried expression on her face.
 
Mama saw as Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were holding on to the sword that was between them. They were engulfed in a golden light as it surrounded both their bodies. Neither of them moved as if in a trance.
 
Mama was getting worried that something was wrong with them. They hadn't moved for over two hours as she looked on with concern. Then she saw the light of the sword reseed back as they both slumped forward panting.
 
She walked over to them as she asked, “Are both of you all right? You have been like that for two hours now. You had me scared.”
 
Inuyasha looked up from the ground as he said, “Yes, we're fine. We went to find Kagome and keep her safe.”
 
Mama didn't understand what he meant by that but it was clear that they were doing something important. She saw as Sesshomaru put his sword back on his hip. She saw the blood on is lips as she said, “Oh, Sesshomaru you have blood on your lips.”
 
Mama reached in her bag and pulled out a tissue for him to use. She saw him lick the blood away from his lips and she smiled. `He looks so much like a dog when he does that.'
 
Sesshomaru could still taste Kagome's blood on his lips as he licked the last drops away. He turned toward his brother and said in Inu Youkai, `Thanks for breaking Kagome out of that ball she was in. I couldn't summon my whip to help you.'
 
`No need to thank me I would do anything to protect her. I'm glad that she is back with us once again.' Said Inuyasha as he turned toward the door. He had picked up the scent of the healer coming back. They both stood as they waited.
 
Mama had no idea what was going on when she saw both of them stand and stare at the door. She was about to ask them what was wrong when the doctor walked back into the waiting room they were in.
 
The doctor had a big smile on his face as he turned to the people in the room and said, “The surgery was a complete success. She is in the recovery room right now and it will be a while before she is brought down to a room.”
 
“So the surgery went well?” asked Mama.
 
The doctor eyes turned away from her as he said, “We almost lost her in the surgery. She was hemorrhaging pretty badly and we couldn't control it. But after fighting to keep her alive the bleeding finally stopped and we were able to relieve the pressure in her brain. She should recover fully but it will be a while before she will recover her memory. I'm afraid that she might not remember who you all are.”
 
The doctor turned and started to leave the room then he remembered something as he turned and said, “Oh by the way. When you see her she will have four puncture wounds on her right shoulder. We have no idea how they got there but when we were done with the surgery she had them.” He then turned and walked out of the room leaving the family to relax after their long ordeal.
 
Mama sat down when she heard what had happened. She looked at Inuyasha and asked, “You saved her didn't you? You and your brother. You brought her back from where she was going.”
 
Sesshomaru lowered his head as he answered her question. “Yes, we brought her back. I couldn't let her die. She means the world to me and I won't let her go that easy. For her to die means that I will die with her and we still have much to do in this world.”
 
Mama looked at him and asked, “Do you love my daughter?”
 
Sesshomaru didn't know how to answer her question. He looked into his heart and found his answer. “Yes, I do love your daughter more than life itself. I never knew what love was until she taught me. She is very special and I want her with me always.”
 
Mama turned to Inuyasha as she saw him sitting there not speaking, she turned to him and asked, “Inuyasha? Are you all right with this? Can you accept whom Kagome has chosen?”
 
Inuyasha looked up from the ground as he looked at her and said, “Yes, I accept Kagome's choice. I have lost my chance with her when I didn't tell how I really felt about her. I was afraid to get rejected but in the end I drove her away from me and into my brothers arms. I know that he would treat her well because if he doesn't he will have to answer to me.”
 
Mama now knew the answers to her questions. Her daughter had made her choice and she was happy with it. She had chosen a good man, or demon in this case, to keep her safe and that will love her for all eternity.
 
They all sat down and waited for them to bring Kagome down so they could see her. It was one of the hardest things they ever had to do. Sitting still was not a strong point with the demons and Mama knew this.
 
They waited an hour before they even brought Kagome down from the recovery room. Sesshomaru was the first to stand as he stuck his nose in the air and sniffed. Inuyasha followed suit as they both growled and left in a really big hurry.
 
Mama was hard pressed to follow the two Youkai's as they were sniffing their way around the hospital. She was finally able to reach them as she grabbed both of them by the arm and said, “You will both behave while you're here. Inuyasha I expect you to keep your brother in his place. You have been here before and know what is expected. If you want to see Kagome you have to wait until they are done with her. Otherwise we will be asked to leave and not return.”
 
Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru apologized for their behavior but at that moment they caught Kagome's scent again as they saw a group of people emerging from another hallway. They were wheeling a bed down to the far end of the hallway as they turned and went into a room.
 
They all followed slowly as they patiently waited outside the room for the doctors and nurses to get done with Kagome. Once all of the doctors and nurses had left the room the family was allowed to enter.
 
All types of machinery surrounded Kagome. She was asleep as her head was wrapped up in white gauze. They saw tubes that were attached to her arm as some clear liquid was being feed to her.
 
Sesshomaru was beside himself as he asked, “What are all of these things? What have they done to my mate?”
 
Mama slowly started to explain the different machines that were in the room with Kagome. She explained the heart monitors and what the lines meant as they went across the screen. The breathing machines that allowed her daughter to breath along with the intervenes tubes that were keeping her body feed and alive.
 
There was another machine that monitored her brain waves to see if her brain was functioning properly.
 
Sesshomaru took all this in. In Kagome's era things were so advanced. He never dreamed that this is what will become of the lands from which he wondered as a child. Humans dominated this world and there were no youkai that they had detected. He wondered what would become of him and his mate as the lands progressed into this new era.
 
He turned his attention to his mate as he looked upon her. Her face was swollen and the area under her eyes were dark almost black. His heart went out to her as he walked over to her side.
 
He reached down and grabbed the only hand that didn't have anything attached to it. He squeezed it as he bent down next to her ear and whispered, “Mate, I love you.”
 
Then he felt it. It was the first thing that he felt since he had been here in this room with her. He felt her squeeze his hand in return as he held it. He gave a lowly growl as he kissed her forehead.
 
Mama watched as the monitors started to sound their alarms and the doctors and nurses came running into the room. They checked the machine and notice that the girl was moving her fingers and holding the young mans hand.
 
They were all in shock as one of the doctors said, “She's moving her fingers! She is actually moving her fingers!”
 
The doctors quickly checked Kagome and noticed that her brain activity decreased the moment that the young man let go of her hand. They didn't move again even when the doctors held on to her hand and asked her to squeeze. They furrowed their eyebrows together as they asked the young man to hold her hand again.
 
Sesshomaru moved over to his mate again as he took her hand into his and held it. Again her fingers started to move as they wrapped themselves around his and the monitors were going off again. They all came to the same conclusion, the girl was super aware that the young man was there with her.
 
The doctors turned to him and asked, “What is your relationship to the patient?”
 
Sesshomaru didn't get a chance to answer as Mama said, “He's her fiancé.”
 
The doctors looked at each other as they conferred and then they turned their attention to the young man and said, “We would like for you to be with her as much as possible. She is responding to you and that's what we need. She will recover quicker if you are here with her.”
 
“Do not worry I was not planning on leaving her side.” Said Sesshomaru as he was stroking Kagome's cheeks.
 
They all saw as the girl sighed and moved her head closer to his touch. The doctors had never seen anything like this before. They had never seen a patient respond to anyone's touch the way this girl was responding to his.
 
They all left the room shaking their heads as they pondered why this was happening. The doctor gave the order that the guest in the girl's room were allowed to stay in the room with her. They wanted a report every two hours on the girl's condition and responses.
 
They all breathed a little bit easier once all of the healers had left the room. Inuyasha walked over to the other side of Kagome and asked his brother, “Are you ready?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded as he took Tenseiga out of its sheath and placed on Kagome. Both bothers took their hands and placed it on the sword as they feed it their power. The sword began to glow a golden color as it started to surround Kagome's body.
 
Slowly Tenseiga was healing Kagome's body and giving her strength. When they pulled away from the sword both brothers were breathing hard. It had taken a lot out of them. They both looked as Kagome started responding even more. Her heartbeat was getting stronger as her brain waves where fully active.
 
Mama looked on in awe at what they were doing. She saw all the machines increase in their rates as Kagome's body was returning to normal levels. When she saw them stop she walked over to them and asked, “What did you do?”
 
Sesshomaru was still breathing hard as he tried to answer her question. “My sword was a gift from my father upon his death. It's called the sword of life. It has the power to bring back the dead but it also has other powers that I was unaware of until today. The sword can heel and it will only react with Kagome.
 
She is the only person beside myself that can touch the sword and use its power. My father told me that only a pure heart miko could touch the sword and use its power.”
 
Mama was very impressed as she said, “Your father must have been a very great demon in his time to have left something so precious to his son. He left the sword of life to you and he left the Tetsusaiga to Inuyasha, which is the sword to protect.
 
I have read stories about these two swords and the great things that they have done. But in all my readings it never mentions what happen to these swords. They seem to disappear off the face of the earth.”
 
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had no idea what would happen in the future but they were going to meet it head on. They both knew that they could live long enough to see this time but they didn't know what would become of the youkai.
 
That is a mystery that they will have to find out for themselves.
 
Inuyasha ears perked up as he growled in inu youkai, `The healers are coming back.'
 
He quickly made his way over to the window as he leaned on the wall for support. He had his back to the door not wishing for the healers to see him this way. He was very weak from giving Tenseiga all of his power to help Kagome.
 
Sesshomaru remained by Kagome's side as he sat down in a chair that was close by. He was gently moving his hand over Kagome's arms as he sighed in contentment.
 
The healers came in to check the machines in the room. They were reading normal levels from these machines and thought that maybe they were broke. They had new ones brought into the room as they started to replace them.
 
When they turned the machines back on they noticed that these too read a normal reading. They had no idea what was going on as they removed some of the machines from Kagome. They removed the machine that was making Kagome breath as they all waited to make sure that she would breath on her own.
 
Kagome started breathing on her own once the machine was removed. They checked her and the doctor's saw that her vitals were almost back to normal. They have never in their lives seen anyone heal this fast.
 
The days passed and everyday when the healers came they removed one more machine from Kagome's body. In the late afternoon Sesshomaru decided to release Kagome from the sleeping spell that the Tenseiga had placed on her.
 
He sensed that she has fully recovered and was fighting the spell that was placed on her. He leaned down and kissed her sweet lips as he ran his tongue over her dry lips to get them wet. He felt her respond to his touch as she opened her mouth to him.
 
Sesshomaru enjoyed the sweet taste of his mate as the kiss grew into something very passionate. When he finally let go of her lips he saw her beautiful blue eyes. They were staring at him as she said, “Hi.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled warmly at her, it was a smile that no one ever saw. This smile was just for her as he gazed upon her beauty. He nuzzled her as he asked, “How do you feel?”
 
Kagome sighed when she felt his nuzzle. She loved the feeling that she received from him as she said, “I feel fine now. How long have I been here?”
 
“You have been in this place for 5 days now and this Sesshomaru grows tired of waiting for his mate to wake up.” Said Sesshomaru as he leaned closer to her ear and said, “I need your taste Koiishi.”
 
He smelled as Kagome's scent spiked at his declarations. He was having a hard time keeping his demon side in check as he picked up the scent of the healers returning to see Kagome.
 
He growled his displeasure as he sat back down with a pout on his face. `Those fools interrupted something very special. I can't wait to get her out of this place.' Thought Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome didn't know what was going on. One minute she was hearing his sweet words in her ear that got her all excited and the next minute he was sitting down in a chair by the bed. He had his head turned slightly as he was looking out the window with his eyes closed.
 
She could tell that he was trying to regain control for his earlier comments and that's when she saw the child like pout. His lower lip was sticking out just a bit as she heard a small rumble coming out of his chest.
 
She didn't know what was bothering him. She had never seen him act like this before and she thought that he looked cute. She had seen that pout on Inuyasha's face but she thought that her future mate was beyond this child like behavior.
 
She was about to ask what was wrong when the door to her room opened and in walked five doctors as they made their way to her bedside.
 
When Kagome saw the doctors walking in she finally understood what was going on with her mate. `Sesshomaru must have picked up on their scent or he might've heard them coming this way. It interrupted his plans and this upset him.'
 
The doctors were surprised to see that the girl was fully awake. They expected her to be out for another few weeks. This was the standard healing time for a trauma to the head. But here she was awake and fully alert after only 5 days.
 
One of the doctors stepped forward and said, “Please you must leave. We want to examine the girl.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at him like he was crazy. He was not about to leave his mate unguarded with five males in the room. He was about to respond when his mate answered for him.
 
“I want him to stay. I don't want him to leave me alone.” Said Kagome with conviction in her voice, she didn't feel right about these people and she wanted Sesshomaru with her.
 
The doctors sighed as they agreed to her request. They started to do their examination as Sesshomaru looked on with interest. He wanted to see what they were going to do. They finally came to removing the bandage from around Kagome's head.
 
They were careful so that they wouldn't cut any hair that remained. When they looked for the wound you could barely see it as it was completely healed. The doctors were baffled. Again this girl amazed them at what they saw.
 
First she recovered quickly from the surgery, albeit she almost died on the table but they had fought hard to keep her alive. Then within 3 hours of her coming down to the nursing unit she was responding to touches from the young man that was in the room.
 
Now after five days she was fully conscious and had all of her memories in tact. When they removed the bandages they notice the scar was almost gone and her hair had grown back as well. They couldn't figure out how her body healed so fast and they wanted to find out.
 
Kagome saw the doctors talking amongst themselves and she didn't like it. She knew that they were trying to figure out why she had healed so quickly. She felt fine and she wanted to go home.
 
She turned to the doctors as she asked, “Doctor's when can I go home?”
 
The head doctor turned to the girl and said, “We would like you to stay here for a while. We want to make sure that everything is all right. We want to run some additional test to verify that everything is normal again.”
 
Kagome looked into the doctors eyes and she sensed something. There was something that they weren't telling her and she wanted to know what it was.
 
Sesshomaru picked up the scent of the healers lies. He was lying to his mate and he was getting angry. They wanted to keep her there for some other reason as he walked right up next to his mate as he eyed the healer that was in charge.
 
Kagome felt as Sesshomaru held her hand. He gave her a gentle squeeze as she looked into his eyes. She saw that he had concerns as she heard him start to speak.
 
“Why do you really want to keep her here?” asked Sesshomaru as he eyed the head healer. His face was as emotionless as ever. His stoic mask keeping his true feelings hidden as he wanted to kill this healer for lying to his mate.
 
The doctor knew that unless he could convince this young man that they were only doing what was best for the girl they might lose her. She will leave the hospital and never return. Her healing powers were great and they needed to study them as much as possible.
 
“We want to run some additional test that will verify that everything is back to normal. Then she can leave and go home.” Said the healer; he was hoping to be able to keep the girl for another few days.
 
Sesshomaru senses were still very much alive as the scent of the healer reeked of his lies.
His hands tightened around Kagome's hand as he said, “You do not speak the truth healer. That is not your reason for wanting her to stay. I can tell that you are lying to me and to her. There is something else that you want her for and unless you can give me a satisfactory answer then I will leave here with her.”
 
Kagome finally understood what was going on. They wanted to keep her there at the hospital because she healed quickly from her wounds. She knew that Sesshomaru's mating mark and his sword had something to do with why she healed so quickly.
 
She turned to the healer and said, “No, I want to go home. I will not stay here any longer. You have no right to keep me here if I don't wish to stay. I know my rights under the law and there is nothing you can do about it.”
 
The head healer became enraged at the girls comment. She had every right, under the law, to leave the hospital. The only way to keep her in the hospital was by court order, which was the only way to keep her here against her will.
 
He had no choice; a find such as this was too valuable to pass up. He needed more test so he could find out why she healed so quickly. If he could find out how she did this there could be a cure for the terminally ill. He would become famous in the eyes of the world and he would finally get the recognition that he deserved.
 
He quickly turned to all of his colleges and had a quick consultation.
 
Kagome didn't like where this was going. She knew her rights as a patient and they were not going to keep her here against her will. She held on tight to Sesshomaru hand as she motioned for him to lean down. He complied with her wishes as she said, “Fluffy, I don't want to stay here. They're trying to keep me here against my will and I want to go home. Please don't let them keep me here.”
 
Sesshomaru opened his eyes wide when he heard her call him fluffy. Now was not the time to find out what she meant by that name. He was trying to hear what the healers were saying but they were speaking in terms that he didn't understand.
 
He knew that he could not trust them as they turned to him and said, “Very well, we will release the girl but give us a chance to get the orders ready for her release. She must sign some papers saying that she wishes to leave and that we did try to make her stay here.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Kagome with a raised eyebrow. They knew that something was up when they saw the doctors leave Kagome's room. Sesshomaru was trying to listen to see if he could tell what they were going to do. He heard a few things as he turned to Kagome and asked, “Kagome? What is the meaning of police and court?”
 
Kagome paled when she heard those two words. “Where did you hear that from?” She asked as she was trying to keep calm.
 
“The healers that were in here are talking about these two things. Is it a test that they run to see if you are cured?” asked Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome was taking deep breaths, she wanted to remain calm as she said, “Sesshomaru we must leave this place. If they succeed in what they want to do then I will never leave this hospital. They want to know how I healed so fast. I can't tell them that I'm a miko and that you're my demon mate.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what she was saying as he moved closer to her and picked her up in his arms. He was happy that Kagome was no longer attached to any machine. He made sure that Kagome's hospital gown was closed from behind as he cradled her against his chest.
 
He reached over with his hand and opened the window as he looked around. He heard no one coming this way and there was no one who noticed him standing on the window ledge.
 
Sesshomaru summoned his demonic cloud as he took off like a bullet through the sky. He put a barrier around them that did not allow anyone to see him as he flew over the city. He was following his brother's scent back to Kagome's house.
 
He pulled Kagome closer to his chest as he traveled. He made it back to her house as he gently landed right in front of her door. He opened the door to see Inuyasha standing right in from of him breathing hard. He looked at his brother as he said, “Sesshomaru? What are you doing here with Kagome? I thought that you were still at the hospital.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow as he said, “They wanted to keep Kagome against her will and she asked me to bring her home.”
 
Mama came into the hallway as she had been following Inuyasha from the kitchen. She was almost finished making dinner and they were about to go back to the hospital when Inuyasha caught his brother's scent coming this way.
 
Sesshomaru was standing in the hallway holding her daughter in his arms as she came forward and said, “All right, lets get Kagome into bed so she can rest then we can all sit down and talk about what happened.”
 
Sesshomaru agreed as he followed her up the stair to Kagome's room. Her room was very simple but it held her scent all over the place. He felt relaxed as he entered her room and placed her on the bed.
 
Kagome was asleep in his arms as she still had a death grip on his shirt. He pride her fingers open from his shirt as he was finally able to lay her down so she could rest. He looked at her one last time before he went down stairs to explain what had happened at the hospital.
 
Mama, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru were in the kitchen as Sesshomaru finished with his story. When he looked up they were both in a daze.
 
Mama was the first to snap out of her thoughts as she said, “If the doctors go to the courts and they listen to what he has to say and believe him they will come here looking for Kagome. You will have to leave soon and go back to the feudal era.”
 
Sesshomaru sat there and thought as he asked, “What is a `court' and `police'? I have asked Kagome and she never really answered my question she only said that I needed to get her away from the hospital.”
 
Mama took a deep breath and said, “The courts and police are the ones that keep the law. I believe in your time it was the Lords of the lands that kept the laws. If someone did anything that was against the law they would be punished.
 
Well it works the same way here. The police are like the soldiers of the feudal era. They take people away that have broken the laws. The courts are the governing bodies that control the law. They make sure that everyone is heard and that they are punished if they are found guilty.”
 
Sesshomaru understood her explanation of `police' and `courts.' In his time he would be the court, so to say, he would listen to all the parties and then pass judgment. He did have people all over the land that would enforce his laws to keep the peace.
 
He now understood what was going on. He was not about to let them take his mate anywhere. He will protect her but at the moment they couldn't move her until she was stronger. She needed to rest and they would stay here until she could be moved.
 
Sesshomaru rose to his feet as he left everyone in the kitchen and went to check on his mate. He walked into her room as he closed the door behind him and knelt next to her bed. He watched her for a while as she slept.
 
He needed her in the worst way but he knew that he had to wait. He had to allow her to rest before he could indulge in such activities with her. He fell asleep sometime later as her scent relaxed him. Wondering what he was going to do to stop the humans from taking his mate from him.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. You guys left so many reviews that I decided to post this chapter for you. If you all can even guess how many reviews I look for before I post another chapter I will give you a cookie.
 
Kagome came out of her surgery ok and now she is home. But the trouble is just about to begin if the doctor gets his way and gets Kagome back into the hospital.
 
Our favorite youkai will prove that he is very capable of living in any era as he sets out to protect his mate from harm. Join me in the next chapter to see what he is going to do.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!
 
Cindy