InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 14
 
The next day Sesshomaru woke to find that someone was gently stroking his cheeks. He opened his eyes to see two perfect blue ones staring right at him. He smiled as he raised his head and asked, “How are you feeling?”
 
Kagome woke to the first rays of the sun. When she opened her eyes she saw that her mate had his head resting on the bed right next to her. She smiled as she slowly started to caress his cheeks.
 
He slowly opened his eyes and she smiled at him. She heard his question as she said, “I'm fine just a little hungry.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he slowly rose up and kissed her on the forehead. He got up and went to see about getting her some food. He was silently walking down the stairs when he stopped. He heard voices down in the kitchen as he listened to what they were saying.
 
“Mama how are we going to pay for Kagome's hospital bill? You know that the insurance will not pay because of her age. We have no funds and we are barely making it from month to month.” Said grandpa with concern in his voice. He knew that it was going to get harder as time went on.
 
Mama knew what grandpa was saying but she had a good outlook on life. She firmly believed that they could always make things work. “Don't worry grandpa we will be alright. I have a part time job and it helps pay the bills. We will manage, we always have.”
 
Sesshomaru heard all of this. He would have to find a way to help them with his mate's expenses. He made some noise as he continued walking down the stairs when he reached the kitchen and said, “Kagome is awake and she is hungry.”
 
Mama smiled as she said, “Don't worry I can take her some food. Do you want anything to eat? I do have Ramen.”
 
Sesshomaru shook his head, as he said, “No, thank you I don't eat human food.”
 
Mama arched her eyebrow at him and asked, “Then what do you eat if you don't eat human food.”
 
“I prefer not to answer that question right now. I don't eat as often as humans so it does not matter how long I go without food.” Said Sesshomaru as he looked away from Kagome's mother.
 
Mama shrugged as she got her daughters food ready. Once she was done she took a tray of food up to her so she could eat.
 
Sesshomaru turned to the old man and asked, “Is there a library around here?”
 
Grandpa looked at the demon that was sitting next to him, he heard his question as he said, “Why yes, there is one about two blocks down from the shrine.”
 
Sesshomaru walked outside as he took in his surroundings. `This era is strange. I don't know the customs here or what is expected of the people that live here. But I do know one thing. I'm the ruler of the Western Lands and as such I have to bargain, barter, maneuver, and out strategize my opponents. Once I find the library I should be able to pick up on how everything is done here.'
 
He looked around the area until he found his brother. He knew that he was outside in the trees. It was his favorite pass time even when they were pups. He had to admit that he liked being in trees too.
 
He walked over to the god tree as he saw his brother jumping from its tall branches. He stood there waiting for him as his brother eyed him with interest.
 
When he was close enough to him he said, in a low voice, “Inuyasha, I want you to stay with Kagome until I come back. If it looks like the ningens are coming after my mate I want you to take her back to our era and go to the old miko's hut. I will meet you there as soon as possible.”
 
Inuyasha was beginning to panic as he asked, “Sesshomaru where are you going? You know that it's dangerous in this era. Kagome has repeatedly told us that we must hide our true forms from these humans. I don't want to lose you. What am I to do with Kagome if you don't come back?”
 
Sesshomaru noticed that his brother was really upset. He didn't want him to abandon Kagome and his was voicing his concerns. “Don't worry little brother I have a few things that I must take care of first. Once I'm done with this task then we can go home.
 
I want to make sure that Kagome's mother is provided for in this era. I can't just leave and not take care of my responsibilities for my mate. I know that her mother has to pay for things and she doesn't have any money.”
 
Inuyasha understood what his brother was saying. He also knew that Kagome's mother didn't have a lot of money. He agreed to stay with Kagome and protect her. But he turned to his brother and said, “You know when Kagome finds out that you're gone from here she will become furious. You will have to deal with her anger.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his understanding. He also knew that his mate would not be pleased to find that she had caused such hardships on her family. He turned as he left his brother behind to deal with his mate as he was making his way out of the shrine.
 
Sesshomaru quickly made his way down to the streets below. He turned left as he reached the bottom of the stairs and continued to walk down the street. He was casually dressed as he took in all the sights of this era. He looked at the clothes in the stores as he passed. He had no interest in them until he came to this one particular store.
 
The clothing in this place looked more like his style. They were made of the finest material for that era. Although his haori and hakama were made of the finest silks in his era what he saw in the window looked perfect for him.
 
It was a three-piece Armani suit. It was a dark blue in color and it had a white silk shirt underneath. It had an inner shirt that matched the outer coat. What they called pants were tailored to perfection in his eyes.
 
He took in what he saw as he committed it to memory. He could use that later once he found what he was looking for.
 
He continued walking when he found the library. He walked up the long stairs that lead to the entrance of the place. When he walked in his eyes went wide. He had hit pay dirt in what he was looking for when he saw the amounts of books that were sitting on the shelves.
 
He had a big library in his home but this once was ten times the size he had. He saw an older woman sitting at a huge desk in the middle of the floor as he made his way towards her. He had a feeling that this ningen knew where to find the books he was seeking.
 
“Excuse me for disturbing you, but do you know where I might find a book on rare coins?” asked Sesshomaru as he watched the old woman with interest.
 
The old woman smiled warmly at the young man that was standing in front of her. He was so polite compared to the other young men that visited this place. She reached over and tapped some key on her computer to locate what he wanted. She finally found the area where the books were located as she got up to show him where they were.
 
Sesshomaru followed and as he was passing by this one table he saw this gigantic book sitting there. His curiosity got the best of him as he asked, “Excuse me, but what was that big book on the table? I have never seen anything that big.”
 
The old woman smiled as she said, “That young man is a dictionary. The biggest one we have here in the library. You can basically look up any word and it will tell you its meaning.”
 
`Hmm, that book will come in handy when I'm reading and I can't understand what the books are trying to say.' Thought Sesshomaru as he continued to follow the old woman to the area that held the information he was looking for.
 
They walked to the other side of the library as she stopped and said, “This is the area that has the books you are seeking. The books are arranged in alphabetical order so you can find what you are looking for. Please make sure to put the books back where you found them to allow others easy access to them.”
 
Sesshomaru bowed slightly as he turned his attention to the books before him. He looked up and down the aisle and found some books that interest him. He found a table to sit at as he opened the books and began to read.
 
Sesshomaru was really enjoying what he was doing. He loved to read and he had a photographic memory. He could remember everything he has ever read. After about 30 minutes he found what he was looking for. The books had pictures that showed him what the coins looked like.
 
He smiled as he read the value of the artifact. `This is exactly what I was looking for.' He thought as he got the address of a place that would buy and sell such items from another book. Then he went looking for the other thing he needed.

He needed to learn how to barter in this world. He knew the value of what he had in his hands, now he needed the terminology on how to do it. He had skills but he was at a disadvantage in this world because he didn't know what type of currency they had or its value.
 
He went back to the old woman sitting at the desk as he asked her for books on currency. She took him to another section of the library as she showed him where they were located. He gave his thanks to the old woman as he started looking for the books that would tell him what he needed to know.
 
He finally found several books that gave him the information as he went and sat down to digest what it had to say.
 
With these books he had to use the dictionary that he saw on the table. He continued working for a good portion of the morning until he had deciphered everything he was reading.
 
He now knew the type of currency they used in this era. He also learned that they had coins but most importantly they used paper money that was backed by the government for face value. They had things called checks that they could pay for things and the best one of those to have was a cashier's check, which guarantees the funds to be there.
 
He learned what banks were and their function in this era. He also learned an important piece of information on the laws. They had people called lawyers that would deal with the problems people were having in using the law for their own evil purpose.
 
He now had a plan of attack and his time was growing short. He quickly walked over to the old woman once again and said, “Excuse me for bothering you again but can you direct me to where I might locate this address.”
 
The old woman looked at his note as she smiled. She got up from her desk and said, “Follow me young man and I will show you.”
 
Sesshomaru followed her outside and when she stopped she looked at him and said, “Do you see that building over there with the big coin on the top of it?”
 
Sesshomaru looked in the indicated direction and then said, “Yes I see it.”
 
“That's the building you want. Good luck to you young man. You will make some young girl happy one day. You're very polite and respectful. I wish all of the young men that visited the library were like you.” Said the old woman as she returned to her duties at the library.
 
Sesshomaru smiled as he left the library heading in the direction that the old woman told him about. He was getting himself ready for what he had to do. He knew that he would need all of his skills to get what he wanted. It was the only way that he knew to provide for Kagome's mother and leave her here with no fear of what may happen when they go back to the feudal era.
 
As Sesshomaru was walking he noticed that every female that passed him by was looking at him. He noticed that they would turn their heads as they followed him with their eyes. He could care less if they were interested he had his mate and that's all he needed at this moment as he picked up his pace.
 
Sesshomaru continued going in the direction that the old woman at the library had given him. She had said that he was not too far away from the place he was seeking. He remembered that the old one was very pleasant to speak to unlike the others from this era.
 
He himself had to keep his temper in check. He was a creature of habit and after being Lord for so many centuries he was accustomed to people moving out of the way for him not the other way around.
 
He continued walking down the crowded street, it felt like the ningens were the water and he was the fish as he continued to walk, looking for the address that he had with him. He finally found what he was looking for. The place was big as he moved to another part of the street so he could observe who went into such a place.
 
He noticed that the ningen that entered this place were very well dressed. He was standing there thinking about what to do. He got an idea as he walked around the corner to a deserted ally way. He looked around and put his barrier up so no one could see what he was about to do.
 
He reached up with his hand as he grabbed the rosary that Kagome had given him. He started to concentrate until he had altered what Kagome had him wearing. His clothes changed to the 3-piece Armani suit that he had seen, complete with shoes.
 
He altered his appearance just a little so no one will know who he was. His hair turned black as it shortened to about his mid back and his eyes went to auburn in color. He was a little bit taller and older looking with none of his demon markings.
 
When he was done he looked down to see his new look, he liked what he saw and was very pleased. He had no idea what he actually looked like but he hoped that no one else would notice him.
 
He took a deep breath, as he got ready to do what he needed for his beloved. He was positive that he had the knowledge he needed to conduct this business he just had to look the part.
 
When he was getting to the mouth of the alley, he lowered his barrier and continued to walk. He made it to the front of the Heritage Galleries as he opened the door and stepped confidently up to the receptionist that was sitting there.
 
He saw the young girl look up from what she was doing as she smiled and said, “Welcome to Heritage Galleries, how may I help you?”
 
Sesshomaru bowed his head slightly in greetings and said, “I would like to see someone about selling a few rare coins. They have been in my family for a long time and I'm seeking to sell just a few of them.”
 
The girl nodded her understanding of his request as she called for someone to come and help him. She instructed him to have a seat until they had someone available.
 
Sesshomaru went and sat down on a nice soft chair in the corner. There were magazines lying on a table as he picked one up and started to read. He was fascinated with what the magazine had to say and he found the information useful.
 
About half hour later a young ningen came to him and said, “Good afternoon. My name is Nabuto and I will be helping you today, please follow me.”
 
Sesshomaru followed the ningen to another room. He was directed to sit at a long table as the ningen walked around to the other side and sat down facing him. “Now, what can I help you with?” said Nabuto as he laced his finger together in front of him.
 
Sesshomaru eyed the ningen as he leaned forward and pulled from his pocket one gold coin. It was a long rectangle with 100 written on the front of the coin. It had four seals that were stamped to the front of the coin. They were the image of his father in full demon form.
 
On the back of the coin there was a crescent moon imprinted into the coin along with two demon dogs. They represented his mother and father in demon form. The coin had been in existence for at least a l000 years in his era so in this era it was even older. Usually new Lords would replace the coins once they were in power but he chose to keep it because it had his mother on it.
 
Nabuto eyes went wide when he saw the coin in front of him. He had never in his life seen anything like this before. He quickly put on some white gloves, so he wouldn't damage the coin, as he picked it up to look at it.
 
He rolled the coin in his hands as he picked up a magnifying glass so he could look at the details on the coin. It was exquisite and in mint condition. He put the magnifying glass down as he looked at the gentleman sitting in front of him and asked, “Is this what you want to sell?”
 
“Yes, I have three more just like that and I want to sell them. I'm looking for a place that will want to buy them. If you're not interested then I can go else where and sell them.” Said Sesshomaru in a causal voice he didn't want to give away his plans.
 
The young ningens eyes opened wide as he said, “No, no please let me show this to the owner. I'm sure he would want to buy such a wonderful coin.” He got up from the table and bowed deeply as he quickly made his way out the door to find his boss.
 
He was rushing down the hallway while he was thinking. `If I'm correct in my thinking then this must be one of the oldest coins I have ever seen. This can be worth a fortune.'
 
The young man finally made it to the owner's office as he quickly knocked on the door. He waited anxiously to be let in when he finally heard a “Come In.”
 
He opened the door and walked right up to his boss. He was a tall man. He had a prominent look on his face that told of his success. His eyes were the deepest green; he had a long pointed nose, and high cheekbones. He was very well dressed as he sat behind the biggest desk he could find.
 
The man looked up from his work as he saw one of his employees quickly walk in. The young man was beside himself as he said, “Mr. Yamako, you must see this. It's one of the rarest coins I have ever seen. It's in perfect condition and the gentleman that owns this coin wants to sell it, he says he has another three just like it.”
 
Mr. Yamako looked at the coin that was placed in front of him. He could tell that the coin was very old. He knew it was real for he could spot a fake coin in a heartbeat. He slowly turned it over in his hand as he examined it very closely.
 
He looked up at his employee and asked, “Nabuto, you said someone wants to sell this?”
 
“Yes sir, he is in one of the smaller offices.” Said Nabuto as he looked at his boss.
 
Mr. Yamako quickly rose to his feet and said, “You fool! You left him alone in one of the rooms. This coin is priceless, quickly go get him and bring him here to my office, I will personally handle this.”
 
Nabuto quickly left his office as he made his way back to where the man with the rare coin was sitting. When he walked back into the room he breathed a sigh of relief that he was still there. He approached the man as he bowed deeply and said, “Please forgive me sir, but may I have your name.”
 
Sesshomaru didn't know what to do. He hadn't thought about this at all as he said the very first thing that came to his mind, “My name is Taisho Tenseiga.” Well it was as good a name as any. This fathers name along with his sword, perfect combination he thought.
 
Nabuto bowed again and said, “Mr. Tenseiga, if you would please follow me I will take you to the owner of this facility. He will be conducting the negotiations with you.”
 
Sesshomaru stood as he ran his hand over his clothes to straighten them as the followed the ningen out of the room he was in and down the hallway. The ningen quickly knocked on the door and then opened it.
 
Sesshomaru stepped into the room to greet the owner of the gallery. When the two of them met for the first time there was a lot of tension between them. You could tell they were getting ready to do battle in the most civilized way.
 
Mr. Yamako stood straight as he said, “Welcome Mr.???” Yamako stuttered before the young man that worked for him said, “Mr. Tenseiga,”
 
Yamako stood straight again and said, “Mr. Tenseiga, welcome. You have a very interesting coin. I believe my assistant said you wanted to sell this one.” He motioned for Sesshomaru to sit down.
 
Sesshomaru sat, as he got ready to bargain with the ningen. He reached into his pocket and pulled three more of the rare coins out of his pocket and placed them on the table. He took a deep breath and said, “I have four of them that I'm willing to sell if the price is right.”
 
Sesshomaru picked up the scent of excitement from the ningen as he saw all four coins in front of him. He knew that he had a very rare coin in this era and they were worth a fortune.
 
Yamako looked at the coins and then he said, “They are perfect. What do you want for them?”
 
“What is your offer?” countered Sesshomaru.
 
So the dance began. Yamako would offer too low a price and Sesshomaru would not budge from what he wanted. Finally they agreed to a price for the four coins, as Sesshomaru said, “I will take the 4 million yens but I have a request. I want 500,000 yens to be given to me in cash and I want the remainder 3.5 million to be made into a cashiers check. I want it payable to this person.”
 
Sesshomaru handed Yamako Kagome's mother name written on a piece of paper. Yamako agreed to his terms as he had some tea brought in so they could drink to future businesses together.
 
As he was waiting for the check to be made out Sesshomaru had a thought, he turned his attention to Yamako and asked, “Excuse me Mr. Yamako, but do you know where I could find some good lawyers in the area? I have a little problem that I'm going to be needing help with and I need a good law firm that I can put on retainer if I'm to conduct more business in this area.”
 
Yamako eyes lit up as he heard what Sesshomaru was asking. He had a big smile on his face as he said, “Yes, there is a good law firm down the street that will be willing to help you with anything you need. I can call them if you like and have them come over and escort you there once you're done here.”
 
Sesshomaru inclined his head agreeing to his suggestion. Soon Yamako assistant walked in with a small fortune in one of his hands and a check in the other. Yamako gave the check to Sesshomaru as he took it and put it in his pocket. He did the same with the cash as Yamako and Sesshomaru stood, shook hands, and started to make their way out of his office.
 
There was a car waiting for Sesshomaru outside as he got in and was taken to the lawyer's office. He met one of the ningen that was an expert with the laws as he proceeded to tell him what he wanted him to do.
 
The lawyer listened to everything Sesshomaru said about what happened at the hospital. The lawyers assured him that they could get the hospital to stand down and leave the girl alone.
 
They made a few phone calls and found out that they had set out to get the girl back from her house and force her to stay at the hospital. This didn't sit well with Sesshomaru as he almost forgot where he was.
 
He calmed his anger and then he pulled out half of the cash he had gotten from the gallery as he said, “I do believe this will cover the cost of what you must do. If you require more than this please send word to this lady and she will make sure that you get what you need.”
 
The lawyer's eyes bulged out when he saw the wad of money that Mr. Tenseiga had set in front of him. He agreed to the retainer fee and got to work on a restraining order to stop the hospital from taking the girl.
 
Sesshomaru stood as he said, “I will leave the details of how to deal with the hospital to you. I have pressing business elsewhere and I must leave. I thank you for your time.”
 
Sesshomaru slightly bowed as he left the lawyers office. He was in a hurry to get back to Kagome. If what he said was true then they would be on their way to Kagome's to get her.
 
A growl escaped his throat as he looked around and ducked into a deserted alley. He put his barrier up and changed the rosary back to what Kagome had him wearing again. He leaped into the air with such speed that no one saw him leave.
 
He was making his way back to Kagome's house before the police got there and his brother did something that they all would regret.
 
~oOo~
 
Mama had walked up stairs with Kagome's food on a tray. She opened her daughter's door and saw her sitting on her bed with her head down deep in thought. She approached her daughter as she asked, “Kagome? Is anything wrong?”
 
Kagome looked up at her mother and said, “Mom, why did this have to happen to me? Look those doctors cut part of my hair and now look at me. I'm ugly and there's nothing I can do until my hair grows out again.”
 
“But Kagome, your hair is already starting to grow back. In a few more days it will look just as normal as it was.” Said Mama as she watched her daughter with interest.
 
“Maybe you're right but what will Sesshomaru think when he sees me like this?” Kagome was beside herself. Half of her head had short hair and the other had her normal length hair. She looked weird and she thought that Sesshomaru wouldn't want her anymore because of the way she looked.
 
Mama saw her daughter deep in thought as she said, “He loves you just the way you are honey. When you came out of the surgery you looked far worse than you do right now. You had two black eyes and he never shied away from you. He watched you day and night and never left your side.”
 
Kagome took all this in as she looked at the food her mother had brought for her to eat. Her mother placed the tray of food on the bed as she began to eat her food. When she was done she saw that her mother was staring at her as she asked, “Is something wrong Mom?”
 
Mama looked at her daughter and then said in the only way she knew how, “When were you going to tell me that you're to mate with a demon?”
 
Kagome paled at what she had said to her. She didn't want to tell her just yet she was wondering how on earth her mother knew when she heard her mother say, “Sesshomaru said he was your mate when the doctors were asking what relationship we were to you.”
 
`Shit! I'm going to kill him for saying that in front of my mother.' Thought Kagome as she sighed and then proceeded to tell her mother what had happened. She explained everything to her and for once her mother was not mad but understanding.
 
“Do you love him Kagome?” asked her mother as she watched her daughter squirm on her bed.
 
Kagome thought about what her mother asked as she looked up and said, “Yes, I do love him. I have always had feelings for him but he never showed any interest in me. At first he wanted to kill me but he never really did.
 
Then when he saved me from that blast that knocked me into the forest his feelings started to come out. He offered to train me and we started getting closer as the months past. He asked me to be his mate and I said yes. The mating will not take place for a while yet so we still have time to fully understand each other.”
 
Mama understood what her daughter was saying. She was waiting for them to get closer together before she would commit to him.
 
Mama helped Kagome out of bed so she could take a bath. She was still weak but she was getting stronger.
 
Mama also noticed that her daughter had her emotions under control this time. She was not on an emotional roller coaster like she was the last time she had visited.
 
Kagome had a lot of things running through her mind and one of them was where was Sesshomaru. They could have been enjoying her bathing if he was here with her. She started to feel the ache in her nether region as she got out of the tub. She quickly dried herself off and got dressed as she went looking for her mate.
 
Inuyasha had been outside keeping watch for any approaching threat. He hoped with all his heart that Kagome didn't come outside looking for Sesshomaru. He knew that she would be upset to see him gone.
 
He was currently sitting in the god tree where he had a very good view of anyone approaching the shrine and he could see what Kagome was doing. When he saw that she was dressed he sighed. He knew that she was coming outside to find her mate.
 
He leaped from the tree as he walked inside the house and spotted Kagome trying to come down the stairs by herself. She almost slipped as he rushed forward and picked her up in his arms as he said, “What do you think you're doing Kagome? You're suppose to be resting, you're not strong enough to be walking around yet.”
 
Kagome was struggling in Inuyasha's arms as he quickly brought her downstairs and set her on her feet. She looked into his eyes as she said, “Thanks Inuyasha but I don't want to stay inside any more. I want some fresh air and I want to go outside for a while.”
 
Inuyasha inclined his head to her as he agreed to her request and followed to make sure that she didn't hurt herself. He steadied her as she was going down the front steps while she was looking around. He knew what she was looking for and waited for the question that she would no doubt ask.
 
Kagome opened her senses looking for Sesshomaru but she couldn't find him. He was nowhere on the shrine grounds. She turned to Inuyasha and asked, “Where is Sesshomaru? Did he go back to the feudal era?”
 
She saw as Inuyasha's ears went down and knew that she was not going to like the answer he was going to give her.
 
Inuyasha heard her question and cringed, he knew she was going to get upset as he answered her, “No he didn't go back to the feudal era.”
 
Kagome was shocked to hear this as she turned to him and asked, “If he didn't go back then where is he Inuyasha?”
 
“He said he had something to take care of and he left here early this morning. He said he would return when he was done with his responsibilities.” Inuyasha started to feel Kagome's anger growing by the minute. If she didn't get her emotions under control she might lose her fight to control her powers. He was preparing himself for what he had to do to get her to calm down.
 
Kagome heard his answer as her anger started to grow. She had repeatedly told them not to go anywhere for demons are not seen in this era. She was trying to protect him but he saw it fit to leave here on his own.
 
Kagome felt as her powers were growing and quickly calmed down to control them. She sighed once she got her powers under control as she said, “I wish he wouldn't have gone off on his own. I worry that someone might see him.”
 
“Don't worry Kagome, he's wearing the rosary that you gave him to conceal his form just like I'm still wearing mine.” Said Inuyasha as he eyed her with interest. Her anger was gone and she had complete control. At least he knew that he wouldn't die today.
 
Kagome forgot about the necklace that she had gotten from Kaede and the concealment spell that she had put on them. She looked at Inuyasha and noticed his distress. She reached over and touched his shoulder as he quickly moved away from her.
 
Kagome saw this as she said, “Inuyasha? Why did you pull away from me like that? I thought we were friends?”
 
Inuyasha continued to look at the ground as he said in a low voice. “You're to be mated to my brother and by youkai law I can't touch you. You are his and if he sees me touching you he could kill me for it.”
 
Kagome heard this and said, “That's a stupid law! We're still friends aren't we?”
 
Inuyasha nodded his head in agreement with her as he felt her arms go around his neck and she said in his ear. “Friends are allowed to give each other hugs and comfort when they see a friend in need. You're my friend and I will always love you like a friend. But I will miss the day that you will go with Kikyou. I don't want you to die Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha didn't know what to do as he wrapped his arms around her small form and held her. He took a deep breath and said, “You don't have to worry about that because I'm not going with Kikyou. I have given my brother my life pledge and that binds me to him.”
 
Kagome pulled away from the hug she was giving him with a confused look on her face. Inuyasha seeing that she didn't understand what he was talking about explained. “A life pledge is stronger than any promise I have made. Few youkai give it because it ties us to the youkai we made it to. So you're stuck with me for all eternity as I protect you and your pups from any harm.”
 
Kagome was shocked to hear this as she said, “Why would you give Sesshomaru your life pledge?”
 
“Because it was the least I could do for putting you in danger. If I had protected you that day then all this would've never had happened. It was my fault that you were hurt and got that contusion in the first place. So I made this life pledge to protect you from any harm for the rest of my life.” He tried to explain his reasoning to Kagome as they were walking toward the god tree to sit down and talk.
 
It had been too long since they had done this that it actually felt good. They talked for a long time as they were both laughing at things that each other said.
 
Kagome felt tired as she leaned her head on his shoulder and fell asleep that way.
 
Inuyasha was happy. He was with her and that's all he wanted. He would always protect her and her pups once they were born. He fell asleep as her scent relaxed him, both of them curled under the god tree as the wind was gently blowing.
 
~oOo~
 
A few hours later Inuyasha woke to the sound of many men approaching the shrine. He didn't like what he heard as he woke Kagome that was next to him. “Kagome, you must wake up. There are a lot of people coming this way and I don't like the scent I'm picking up.”
 
Kagome opened her eyes as she heard Inuyasha's worried call. She sat up as she stretched and said, “Do you know who they are Inuyasha? Mom didn't mention having a large group of people coming to the shrine today.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head as he said while he was standing up. “No, I don't know who they all are but I'm picking up the scent of one of those doctors from the hospital. This can't be good. Lets try to get close to the well in case we have to leave in a hurry. Sesshomaru said he will meet us at Kaede's if there was any trouble here.”
 
Kagome agreed as she got up and he helped her walk toward the well. She was healing but her body still had not recovered from its ordeal. She needed to rest some more and these people were not going to let her rest. They wanted her so they could study her body and she wasn't about to be a guinea pig for anyone.
 
They had almost made it to the well house when the police approached them. Kagome held on to Inuyasha's arm as she tried to hold in her fear. She didn't want to appear weak but she was losing her battle.
 
“You two stop right were you are.” Said the officer as they saw a couple trying to make it into a small house. They had a court order to bring the girl back to the hospital for treatment. The police were told that they might put up a fight so they were ready.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha stopped just before they made it to the well house door as they turned to meet the threat. Inuyasha started to growl as he pushed Kagome behind him to protect her.
 
He saw the police form a semi circle around them as the doctor from the hospital stepped forward and said, “Kagome, you are to come with us back to the hospital. You're not well and you need to be taken care of.”
 
Kagome heard what he said as she yelled from behind Inuyasha, “I'm not going to the hospital again. I don't need to be there and you can't make me go!”
 
“Ah, but we can my dear. The courts have issued an order for you to return to the hospital to get some treatment. Your not healed all the way and you have been deem mentally unstable to make your own decisions.” Said the doctor as he moved forward with a syringe in his hand.
 
He had something that would put her to sleep to enable them to take her back to the hospital. Once he had her there they will keep her asleep until all the test were done to determine how she healed so fast.
 
They all moved forward to take Kagome as Inuyasha pushed her back with him and growled, “You're not touching her! She is not going anywhere with you so leave her alone you bastards!”
 
The police stopped as they raised their weapons and pointed it at the young man that was protecting the girl. “You will move away from the girl or we will shoot.”
 
Inuyasha moved with lighting speed as he quickly turned, grabbed Kagome, and rushed through the well house door before slamming it shut behind him. He was breathing hard as he put Kagome down and locked the door.
 
Once he had the door secured he picked her up in his arms and rushed to the well. Kagome was holding on tight as she curled her body into his. Inuyasha jumped into the well heading for the feudal era.
 
At least Kagome was safe. He just hoped that his brother would be all right in the future. He made it to the feudal era as he jumped out of the well and then took off at full speed to get Kagome to Kaede's hut. He needed to get her to rest and all this excitement was not good for her health. He could tell she was upset as she was crying against his chest.
 
He stopped as he looked down and asked, “Kagome, what's wrong? Are you in pain?”
 
Kagome was worried, she was worried for Sesshomaru as she said, “Oh Inuyasha, will he ever come back to me? Will he be all right in my era?”
 
Kagome broke down into uncontrollable sobs as she cried her heart out. All Inuyasha could do was offer her what little comfort he could. “Yes, he will be alright, Kagome. He promised me that he would come here after us so all we have to do is wait. My brother is a lot more resourceful than I am, I'm sure that he is taking care of the problem back at your house.”
 
Inuyasha continued making his way toward Kaede's village as he held on to Kagome's crying form. She would not calm down and this was not good.
 
When he finally got to Kaede's hut he walked in to find her sitting by the fire as she looked up in shock at seeing a human Inuyasha with silver hair. She saw as Kagome was crying in his arms as she asked, “What is wrong with Kagome? Why is she crying?”
 
Inuyasha quickly explained what happened back in Kagome's era as Kaede was making a special tea for her. Once it was done they gave it to Kagome so she could drink. By the time she was done drinking the tea Kagome had fallen asleep in Inuyasha's arms as he picked her up and placed her on a futon.
 
He sat next to her, as he made sure that she was resting comfortably. He was not going anywhere until his brother came back for Kagome. If he didn't return he knew he would have to go back and see if he could find him.
 
Inuyasha sighed as he looked outside and notice that Kikyou's soul collectors were flying around summoning him to Kikyou. He was not about to go anywhere as he stayed by Kagome's side.
 
Shortly after they arrived Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kilala came running into the hut as they greeted him and asked how it went in Kagome's era. Kaede explained to them what had happened. They had been correct in assuming that something like this might have happened to Kagome that's why it had taken them so long to return.
 
Inuyasha told them everything that had happened when he was with Kagome in her era. As he kept on talking he noticed that they were staring at him as he got irritated and asked, “Why are you all fucking staring at me like that!!!”
 
Miroku was the first to break the silence that had taken over the group as he said, “Inuyasha since when are you a human?”
 
Inuyasha forgot that he was wearing the rosary that Kagome gave him as he took it off and reverted back to his normal form. Everyone was relieved to see this as they all felt a little better knowing that he was still the same.
 
Miroku then looked up at his friend and said, “You know what Inuyasha? Kagome's concealment spell was so good that I didn't even detect your demon aura. It hid you perfectly like you were a human. That's why we all thought that you had used the jewel to turn into a human.”
 
“You say you couldn't detect my aura when I had the necklace on?” asked Inuyasha in shock.
 
“No, we all actually thought that you had turned human.” Said Sango with amazement in her voice. She couldn't believe that Kagome had this kind of power.
 
Inuyasha was deep in thought when he looked up and said, “Well you don't have to worry about me using the jewel to turn human or into a full demon. I want to stay the way I am. I can't keep my promise to my brother if I change forms so I'm going to stay this way.”
 
“What kind of promise did you make to Sesshomaru, Inuyasha?” Asked Shippo as he was sitting next to his adopted mother.
 
“A Life pledge.” Was all he said to his friends.
 
They all gasped as they heard his statement. No demon ever gave a life pledge because it will forever tie them to the youkai he had made it to. They also knew that he wouldn't be going with Kikyou as a life pledge supercedes a promise made to anyone.
 
They were all happy to be back together again as they stayed to protect Kagome until Sesshomaru came back to get her. They knew that he would return because if he didn't Kagome will die of a broken heart.
 
They all noticed as the soul collectors were outside calling to Inuyasha. They all ignored them as they continued to catch up with what was happening around the area.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. No one could figure out how many reviews I look for to see when I update next. Well the answer it anything over 30. Once a chapter review hits at least 30 reviews I start getting the next chapter ready for posting. You guys have been really great. This story will surpass my last story in reviews and I have only posted about half of what I have written.
 
Thank you all so much for your kind encouragement for me to continue. I will have to find a new idea for another story for Sess/Kag that is if you all want to read another story by me. If you have any ideas I'm always open for suggestions. This story came to me while I was chatting with my friend Jinx. It was just a spur of the moment story that has taken over my life until I finish it.
 
As you can see Sesshomaru has proven to be really resourceful in the modern era. Who knew that the library of all places held such knowledge? But Sesshomaru has to deal with the healer wanting to take Kagome. Will he kill them for their arrogance? Or let them live? An old foe comes into the picture and sends our group scrambling again.
 
Remember Sesshomaru and Kagome still have to gain each other's trust and our Sesshy arrogance will come into play once again as he pits himself against Kagome.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!
 
Cindy