InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 15
 
Kikyou had been in the forest searching for Inuyasha. She had been calling to him for weeks now and he had yet to come to her. She couldn't understand why he was refusing to see her. He had always come when her soul collectors told him she wanted to see him.
 
The soul collectors would come back and tell her that they had delivered the message but he refuses to come to her.
 
This enraged Kikyou she wanted to get him away from her reincarnation but he was proving to be difficult. She had gone into the fight with the youkai that had the four jewel shards and missed killing it on purpose. She wanted the demon to attack her so Inuyasha would leave the bitch unprotected.
 
She had projected an imagine into the youkai's mind to kill Kagome as it quickly turned away from her to go after her reincarnation. What she didn't expect was the amount of power that the girl had when she attacked the youkai.
 
The youkai had exploded instead of purifying. A feat that only a pure heart miko could do. She knew that she couldn't be a pure heart miko because she was so weak and always needed to be protected.
 
But when she woke up from that attack she noticed that she was alone and Inuyasha was gone from her side. She was angered as she summoned her soul collectors to find Inuyasha and report back. They returned a short while later and informed her that he was heading back to her sisters village and that the girl had died in the blast.
 
Kikyou was delighted to hear this and now was setting her sights on Inuyasha. She had told her collectors to summon him and tell him she was waiting to speak to him. Since that time she had been looking for him, he had refused to come and talk to her since that day.
 
She was about to give up her search when she spotted him in the forest with that bitch. When she got a really good look at him he was human.
 
`Could he have used the Shikon No Tama to turn into a human for me? I detect no demon aura from him and he looks human. But if he used the shards then why didn't he come when I summoned him? And why is he with my reincarnation? I thought she had died in that blast?' Thought Kikyou as she waited for him to come to her. She had sent the soul collectors to get him again.
 
She will not give up on her mission to kill Inuyasha and taking him to hell. It was her right to take him for everything he had done to her.
 
Kikyou started thinking, she was planning on getting rid of her reincarnation so she could have Inuyasha. He had come to her many times telling her that he was not going to hell with her because he loved Kagome and wanted to stay with her.
 
`He must have found her alive and tended to her wounds. Now he is by her side and had used the jewel to turn human for her. I will make him pay for that.' Thought Kikyou with anger in her heart.
 
If he had turned human for her then she could take over her body and live the life she always wanted. She didn't have to worry about him being impure because he was human now.
 
A small smile graced her face as a plan formed in her mind to get Kagome. She was going to get her while she was weak it was her best chance. She knew that Inuyasha will leave her unprotected the first sign of trouble at the village. She started to put her plan together as she walked off into the forest.
 
She had a plan all she needed were a few demons to cause a disturbance at the village and make sure that he left her unprotected while she got what she wanted. He will never know the difference once she had taken over Kagome's body.
 
She continued to walk deeper into the forest as her soul collectors followed her. They had a fresh supply of souls for her whenever she needed them.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was flying through the air with speed. He had no idea that he was that far away from the shrine. As he was traveling he was picking up on Kagome's distress and fear. Something was causing her to act this way and he had the need to be with her.
 
He had the satisfaction of knowing that she had her sword with her. It will protect her if she was attacked. He knew his brother was with her and that he will protect her no matter what.
 
As he was getting closer to the shrine he picked up on Kagome's scent, it was laced with fear and so was his brother. Whatever was happening it had to be bad if his brother scent held fear in it.
 
He landed on a big branch in the god tree. He looked down to see that Kagome and Inuyasha were surrounded by what must be the police in this era. They were all dressed the same and were carrying weird weapons.
 
He spotted the healers from the hospital as a growl escaped his throat. `How dare that healer come here personally to take my Kagome!'
 
He saw the ningens move forward as they tried to capture Inuyasha and Kagome. He looked on as his brother moved with speed. He grabbed his mate as he went through the door of the well house, closing it quickly behind him.
 
At that moment Sesshomaru swelled with pride. His brother was a quick thinker to get his intended out of harms way. He was protecting her and that pleased him to no end.
 
He saw as the healer became enraged and ordered the police to get them out of the small building. The police quickly ran to the door and found that it was locked, as they spread out trying to find a way into the building. They didn't find another way in so that meant that they were still inside.
 
Sesshomaru saw his opportunity and jumped from the tree as he made his way over to where the ningens were standing. He stopped as he was flexing his claws. The ningens could not see his claws but he could feel them digging into the palm of his hand.
 
He had to get himself under control, he had to remember where he was as he faced off with these ningens. He couldn't reveal that he was a demon or else there will be a lot more problems to deal with than they had right now.
 
He took a deep breath as he said, “Why are you here?”
 
The healer jumped when he heard a voice right behind him. He was angry at being startled like that as he said, “We have come to get the girl and take her back to the hospital. We have a court order that authorizes us to take her.”
 
Sesshomaru stared at the healer that was standing in front of him. He wanted nothing more than to just kill the ningen for his insolence. But before he could lash out he felt a gentle but firm hand on his arm as he turned to see Kagome's mother standing right next to him.
 
~oOo~
 
Mama had heard the commotion going on outside as she rushed out the front door to see what was going on. She saw the police and heard their declaration that they had a court order to take her daughter back to the hospital against her will.
 
She saw as Inuyasha grabbed her daughter and headed into the well house as he shut the door behind him. She knew that he would seal it from the inside preventing anyone from going in after them.
 
She noticed that the police were searching the well house for another way in. She knew that the building was sealed and the only way in there would be the front door that Inuyasha had just locked. They were safe for the moment when she saw that Sesshomaru had appeared behind the doctor from the hospital.
 
She noticed that he was flexing his claws and knew that he could kill this human just for threatening her daughter. She rushed forward as she reached where they were all located. She place a firm grip on his arm letting him know that she was standing right next to him.
 
She was hoping that her presence would stop him from killing the humans. She saw as he turned her way and his expression changed immediately. She had been correct in her assumption that he would not kill anyone in her presence.
 
Mama heard the healers words as she said, “My daughter is not mentally unstable. She has all of her faculties in place and she can make her own decision. All you want my daughter for is to find out why she healed so quickly.
 
Have you ever thought that the reason she healed so quickly is because of this young man standing right here? He makes her happy and she wants nothing more that to be his wife. She would live just for him and get better even faster because she doesn't want to cause him any pain.
 
She could care less about everyone else, she has her fiancé and that's the most important thing to her at the moment. So for you to come here and say that she is mentally unstable is a farce.”
 
The healer was beside himself as he looked at the girl's mother. “How can you say that? She has healed faster than anyone we have ever seen before. Her blood work reveals something that is in her blood that is making her this way. We want to find out what this is and then we want to see if we can recreate it to cure people from being terminally ill.”
 
Mama wasn't convinced there was more to this than meets the eye. She knew better and she has dealt all her life with people like him. She could always tell the signs of someone trying too hard to come up with an idea to get noticed or recognized for something they did.
 
Mama was spared from having to come up with a retort to his statement when some new people came into the scene. She noticed that these men were very well dressed as they stopped right in front of her and glared at the doctor.
 
One of the men stepped forward as he said, “Doctor I have a temporary injunction order stopping you from taking the girl against her will. I will be filing a motion with the courts in the morning that will stop what you are doing.
 
I have already subpoenaed the girl's medical records from the hospital. I will have our own doctors examine her records and if we find that your intensions are unfounded then you and the hospital will be slapped with the biggest lawsuit you have ever seen.”
 
The doctor took the document that the new intruders had produced. He was right it was a temporary injunction order stopping him from taking the girl. He looked up from the legal documents as he asked, “Who are you?”
 
The man smiled as he said, “My name is Sunni, I work for the Prestige Law firm here in town and we have been retained to see to this matter. I assure you that we will do everything within the power of our law firm to stop what you are doing. No one deserves to be treated this way and I assure you that once the hospital finds out what you have been doing you will no longer be able to work here in this city.”
 
The doctor's face just paled. This was one of the most famous law firms here in the city. They never lost a case and were highly respected in their field. He knew he was in trouble as he turned to the officers and said, “I release the girl into her mothers care. I no longer wish to have her returned to the hospital.”
 
The officers hearing what the doctor said turned and left the shrine. Their job finally done they could get on to more pressing business.
 
Sunni turned to Mrs. Higurashi and said, “Please Mrs. Higurashi, if they come here again and bother you, or if you need any legal help at all, please contact me here at this number. We will take care of that doctor and the hospital for you and your daughter will be safe. It's against the law to use humans as guinea pigs against their will.”
 
Mama had been listening to everything that this young man had said to the doctor. She had a question that was burning in her mind as she asked, “You said that your firm has been retained to take care of this. Who retained you to help us?”
 
The man bowed deeply as he said, “I'm sorry Mrs. Higurashi but I'm not at liberty to say who hired us. But rest assured that we will take care of this matter for your daughter. Now if you would please excuse me I must get back to my duties. I have some more legal documents to file with the courts.”
 
Sunni turned on his heals and left the shrine as he got into a waiting car and then drove away. His task finally complete as he raced back to his office to get the rest of the paperwork ready to be filed in the courts.
 
Mama looked at Sesshomaru and noticed that he had not moved or said anything during all of this. She could see amusement in his eyes as she pieced everything, which had just happened here today, together.
 
Understanding grew in her eyes as she asked, “Sesshomaru, you did this didn't you?”
 
Sesshomaru came out of his musing when he heard the question coming from Kagome's mother. He sighed he knew that he could not lie to her as he said, “Yes I did. I could not allow that healer to take Kagome back to the hospital. There is nothing wrong with her, all he wants is to keep her to find out why she was able to heal herself so quickly.”
 
Mama was confused as she said, “But how did you know what to do? And where did you get the money to hire such a well known law firm?”
 
Sesshomaru smirked as he answered the first part of her question. “The library.”
 
Mama was confused as she heard his answer as she said, “The library?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head as he said, “Yes, the library. The library is a great source of information and even though I do not understand your customs in this era it did help me understand what was going on. I have a full understanding of the laws for you see I am what you consider the `court' in my era for I am Lord to the lands. My soldiers enforce my laws meaning they are the `police' of your era.
 
As for where I got the money, well you can say that the money in my era is very sought after here in the present.” He reached into his pocket as he pulled a coin from it and he showed it to Kagome' s mother.
 
Mama took the coin and looked at it. It was a very old and rare coin that he had and she knew it was worth a lot of money.
 
Mama went to give the coin back to Sesshomaru and he refused to accept it. Mama was confused as she said, “Sesshomaru, why won't you take your coin back?”
 
Sesshomaru turned with Mama and started heading back toward the house. He needed to talk to her and he didn't want to do it out here in the open. Once they had entered the house he turned to her and said, “I would like for you to keep that and these as well.”
 
Sesshomaru pulled five more coins out of his pocket as he gave them to her.
 
Mama eyes went wide when she saw the gold coins as she said, “But Sesshomaru I can't accept these. They're worth a lot of money.”
 
Sesshomaru had a gleam to his eyes as he said, “Yes I know. I have sold four of these to the Heritage Galleries here in your village. If you are in need of money then you can sell these to them and they will pay handsomely for them. But do not accept anything below 1 million yen for each coin.”
 
Mama had to sit down when she heard this. She held in her hand 6 million yens and the solution to all her problems. She will be able to pay all the bills she had and then be able to keep the shrine that has been her home. But her surprises were not over yet as she saw the biggest stack of money being placed right in front of her along with a check. She looked at the cashiers check and gasped when she noticed that the check was made out to her.
 
Sesshomaru sensed the shock roll off Kagome's mother. He had succeeded in surprising her as he said, “There is 250,000 yens here and the check is yours. This should be more than enough to pay for Kagome's hospital bills.
 
The law firm has been instructed to contact you if they are in need of more money for their services but since I gave them 250,000 yens I don't expect them to be asking for more money unless you have some more legal problems.”
 
Mama was shocked she didn't know what to say to the young man that was standing there in front of her as she asked, “Why?”
 
Sesshomaru had to think on this one he didn't want to offend and he didn't want her to feel that this was his way of providing for Kagome's family. He sighed as he said, “I'm responsible for my mates debts. As her future mate I have to be able to prove to her that I can provide for her well being. She could reject me as a mate if I don't. So for this reason I give you this money. I wish to help and prove to my mate that I can provide for her. It's the youkai way.”
 
Mama understood his reasoning as she said, “Thank you. I know that my daughter will never reject you because you can't provide for her. She is not that kind of person, she cares little for material things as long as she has someone that loves her.”
 
Then Mama remembered something that he said outside to her as she said; “You said that you were the `court' in your land and that you were its Lord?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at her with a raised eyebrow and asked, “Yes, I'm Lord to the Western Lands. Did Kagome not tell you this?”
 
Mama was shocked she didn't know that her daughter was marrying into royalty. “No, she seemed to have forgotten this little bit of news. Like I said she cares little for material things as long as you love her.”
 
Sesshomaru took all this to heart. He looked out the window to find that the sun was going down as he turned and said, “I have to go. Kagome will be worried that I might not go back to her and she will not rest until she knows that I'm well.”
 
Mama understood as she got up and walked outside to the well house with Sesshomaru. He used something that was coming out of his hand to open the well house door as he stepped inside.
 
Once Sesshomaru was by the well he reached up and took off the rosary that Kagome had given him. He returned to his normal form as he turned to Kagome's mother and said, “Thank you for everything and I hope to see you again soon.” He stepped up to the edge of the well and jumped in. The bright blue light of the time slip engulfed his body taking him back to the feudal era.
 
Mama watched as she saw the demon disappear through the well. She smiled she knew that he wanted to provide for her here in this era and had done everything possible to protect her and her daughter.
 
Kagome had chosen well when it came to her mate. He will provide a good life for her daughter, as she will want for nothing, and to think that her daughter was marrying the Lord to the Western Lands. She walked back out of the well house as she headed to the house with a spring to her step. She had some money to be put away and a check to take to the bank.
 
Mama was happy for the first time in her life she didn't have to worry about how to pay for things. She will be able to send Souta to college and keep the shrine running for many years to come.
 
~oOo~
 
It was night in the feudal era. The moon shown brightly in the darkened sky above, you could see the stars twinkling in the distance as they winked at you saying hello. You could hear the chirping of the crickets, frogs, and other night creatures that roamed around the night foraging for food.
 
Everyone was asleep in the hut. Kagome was laying down on the futon with Shippo curled right next to her. She felt at peace and safe. Her friends were their protecting her like they have always done. She knew that she could protect herself but she took comfort in them being there for her.
 
She was about to go into a deeper sleep when she started to sense something off in the near distance. She relaxed as she let her senses bleed into the night. Her aura traveled around the village to find the threat that was coming. She continued to extend her aura until she found what she had sensed.
 
They were at least five miles away from the village. There were two very large demons that were making their way here. She saw them stop as they looked at someone standing in the shadows of the forest as they bowed in acknowledgement.
 
The demons turned as they continued going towards Kaede's village. Kagome's aura didn't move until the figure that was in the shadows came out into the open.
 
Kikyou slowly stepped out of the shadows. She watched as the demons were going to do her bidding. She smiled an evil smile as she said, “Soon that bitch will be dead and Inuyasha will be mine. I will be able to live the life I wanted before Naraku killed me.
 
With Naraku dead I have no reason to stay in this world but I refuse to go the hell without Inuyasha. He needs to suffer the same thing that the fates have dealt to me. I will not rest until I take him with me. One way or the other I will have him. Whether I'm alive or dead he will be mine.”
 
Kikyou began to move toward the village she had only one thing on her mind to kill Kagome and take over her body. Now that Inuyasha was human she had no problem staying in this world with him.
 
She had reservations about being with him as a hanyou, his blood was tainted with the impurities of his demon side and she would not allow him to touch her. Yes she had embraced him when she was trying to take him away from Kagome. She had even kissed him to prove her point to the girl. But afterwards there wasn't enough water to wash herself off from his touch.
 
She was heading for Kaede's hut because she knew that's where Inuyasha and Kagome were located. She would wait until the demons started their attack before she went after the girl.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome sensed when Kikyou was coming toward the village. She knew of her plans and she had to stop them. She was starting to wake up from her sleep as she started to moan.
 
Inuyasha ears quickly picked up on Kagome's moans as he opened his eyes and became fully awake. He was at her side in an instant as he reached out and touched her forehead. She didn't have a fever so he was thinking that she was in pain somehow.
 
He leaned over and said in her ear, “Kagome, are you in pain? Should I wake Kaede so she could give you something for it?”
 
Kagome's eyes slowly opened. At first her vision was blurred then everything started to come into focus as she saw the worried look on Inuyasha's face. Her breathing was labored as she whispered in his ear, “Inuyasha, there are demons heading this way. Kikyou has sent them here so she can get to me. You must wake the others, we have to stop the demons before they reach the village or they will destroy it.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes went wide when he heard this. He stood as he opened his senses and sniffed the air. He caught the faint scent of youkai, as they were getting closer to the village.
 
He quickly walked over to Miroku and Sango as he woke them and told them what was going on. They were quickly on their feet and dressed, as they got ready to do battle. They all looked as they saw Kagome struggling to sit up.
 
Inuyasha rushed to her side as he said, “Kagome! What do you think you're doing? You need your rest. Your body still hasn't had enough time to recover from everything you have been through. We will take care of the youkai, I want you to stay here out of harms way with Kaede and Shippo.
 
Kagome heard his words and she was not about to stay behind. She concentrated on her powers as she let it surround her body to get rid of the tiredness that she felt. Once she was done she took a deep breath as she finally filled her lungs with the pure air from this era.
 
Everyone stood and watched as Kagome's body was covered in a blue aura. The light intensified as it gave her energy. When they saw that her powers reseed she took a deep breath and opened her eyes.
 
Kagome found that everyone was looking at her as she slowly stood on her feet. She wavered just a bit before she caught her balance and straightened. She looked at everyone there as she said, “Well? What are we all waiting for? Those demons are less than a mile from the village and unless we stop them they will be here to destroy it.”
 
Sango was shocked to hear Kagome talk this way as she said, “Kagome, you can't be serious about coming with us. You are in no condition to fight. You should stay here and rest, we can handle those demon's.”
 
“I'm not staying behind because you need Inuyasha to defeat those demons and he won't leave my side to go and fight. So I'm coming with you, that way he can fight and still protect me at the same time. Remember Sango, Miroku doesn't have his wind tunnel to help you in a fight.” Kagome knew what Sango was trying to say, she was grateful for her concern but she was not about to stay behind and have to deal with Kikyou on her own.
 
Everyone gave in to Kagome's logic as they saw her move to grab her bow and a quiver of arrows. They all walked out together as they turned and took off in the direction that the demons were coming from.
 
~oOo~
 
Kikyou had been watching everything from the forest. She was enraged when Kagome left with the others to go fight the youkai that was coming to the village. This interfered with all her plans.
 
She needed to get to her while she was still weak. She felt that something was strange about her but she couldn't quite place what it was. She followed the group in the direction they were heading. She was not about to let that bitch get away.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome and the others found the youkai that were almost to the village as they all stopped and observed the situation.
 
Inuyasha stepped forward and said, “Where do you think you're going?” He ended his statement with a growl to show his displeasure at being up at this time of night.
 
“We won't allow you to get anywhere near the village so why don't you turn around and leave.” Inuyasha said as he watch the youkai to see what they were going to do. He didn't trust them, as he got ready for the battle. He was standing in front of Kagome ready to protect her as his hand went around the hilt of his sword.
 
The youkai's growled as they attacked at once. Inuyasha turned and grabbed Kagome as he moved her into the tree line and told her to stay put. He looked at Shippo and said, “Shippo, I want you to stay with your mother and look after her. Make sure that she stays out of harms way.”
 
“I will Inuyasha you can count on me. I will protect her.” Said the kit as he stood by Kagome to protect her.
 
Inuyasha noticed that the kit had a look of determination on his face that he had never seen before as he turned and went into the battle to help his friends.
 
Sango was dealing with one of the demons as Miroku had the other one. They were very strong he was using his wards and sacred sutras but they had no effect on them.
 
Kilala was attacking from above as she protected Sango during the fight. She would strike at each of them as she jumped between the two youkai.
 
Kagome watched as the battle was unfolding before her eyes. It was almost like before when they were battling the demon with the four jewel shards. Only there were no shards to be taken away from these demons.
 
Kagome saw as her friends were battling, they were being defeated as she started to concentrate on her powers. She had a lot more control than before as she found her center. She brought her power forward as she stepped out of the tree line, took her bow and locked an arrow in place.
 
Shippo was trying to stop his mother from leaving the safety of the forest, but when she was determined to fight no one could stop her.
 
Kagome took aim as she saw one of the demon hit Inuyasha as he went crashing toward the ground. She fired her arrow at the offending youkai as it hit its mark. The demon screamed in pain as she purified him for attacking her friend.
 
She took another arrow and turned toward the other youkai, as it was about to deal the killing blow to Miroku. She fired as the arrow again hit its mark and killed the youkai.
 
Kagome felt her sword pulse to life and put a protective barrier around her. She felt at the last minute the arrow that was shot at her from a distance as she grabbed Shippo and jumped out of the way. The arrow missed as it impacted on a tree close by destroying it in the process.
 
Kagome stood as she held Shippo in her arms. She looked down to see if he was all right and noticed that he was hurt from the impact of the arrow. This enraged her as she saw that he was hurt because of the person who fired that arrow.
 
She turned, kneeled, and put the kit down by a tree to keep him safe. She was going to deal with the person that fired that arrow and she was going to make her pay for what she did.
 
Kagome knew who fired that arrow as she got up off the ground and faced her enemy. She started to glow a pure white as the rest of the gang came to stand by her side.
 
Inuyasha was in front of Kagome as he saw her walking toward them. He started to growl as he said, “Kikyou! What do you think you're doing?”
 
Kikyou walked out of the forest with her bow raised. The girl had managed to escape her arrow as she saw Inuyasha standing in front of Kagome protecting her. When she saw him he was back to being a hanyou she became enraged. `How can this be? I know I saw him as a human before so how can he be a hanyou again.'
 
Kikyou continued to stare at Inuyasha she wanted some answers as she said, “Inuyasha! What happened to you? You were human before why are you back to being an hanyou?”
 
Inuyasha furrowed his eyebrows together deep in thought. He had no idea what she was talking about when it hit him. She must have seen him come back with Kagome in his arms from her era. He still had the concealment spell on and she thought that he was human.
 
He chuckled at her as he said with amusement in his voice, “What's the matter Kikyou? You thought that I have turned into a human? Well I'm sorry to tell you that I'm still just a hanyou and I have no desires to change into a human.”
 
His proclamation set Kikyou on fire as her anger grew. She was not about to let him get away. If he had been turned back into a hanyou then she will have to kill him. She could still be human again if she took over Kagome's body and live a normal life.
 
“Inuyasha, why didn't you come to see me when my soul collectors have summoned you?” asked Kikyou as she looked at Inuyasha with hatred in her eyes.
 
“I told you once that I'm not going to hell with you and that I wanted to stay with Kagome. Why can't you just accept that? I loved you once but you died a long time ago. We were never meant to be so leave me and Kagome alone and do what ever you want.” Inuyasha was pissed that she would try to hurt Kagome.
 
His statement enraged Kikyou even more as she said; “You made a promise to me Inuyasha that you will come with me to hell and you will keep your word.”
 
Inuyasha huffed as he said, “I will never go with you! I have made a life pledge to my brother and until that debt is repaid I will not go with you. My pledge to him is more important than any promise I may have made to you and besides I said that I would avenge your death not go to hell with you.”
 
Kagome was hearing everything being said. She knew that unless she sent Kikyou back to where she belonged, no one would be safe. She squared her shoulders as she stepped right next to Inuyasha and said, “Kikyou, you have heard what Inuyasha has told you. You can leave and live or you can die the choice is yours.”
 
Kikyou laughed in Kagome's face as she said, “You bitch! You don't scare me, you can never hurt me the way I can hurt you. Inuyasha will come with me but before he dies I will take great pleasure in killing you.”
 
Kikyou let go of the arrow she had locked in place as it went straight for Kagome.
 
Inuyasha moved with lighting speed as he moved Kagome out of harms way. He was not about to let her get hurt. He set her down as he turned to Kikyou and growled, “Kikyou! You have gone far enough, if you don't stop I will be forced to kill you.”
 
Kikyou just laughed and said, “I would like to see you try Inuyasha.”
 
That's it; it was the last straw, as he unsheathed Tetsusaiga and made ready to attack. He faced off with Kikyou as the others protected Kagome. He knew that she was safe for the moment as he went after Kikyou.
 
Kikyou saw him coming and was ready for his attack. When he was close enough she lashed out with her powers as she sent a bolt of lighting towards him.
 
Inuyasha tried to dodge the attack but it hit him head on as he screamed in pain. He fell to his knees as the soul collectors encircled his body and held him in place. Temporarily weakened by Kikyou's purifying powers.
 
Kikyou turned her attention to the other two that were in the clearing protecting Kagome as she started to walk in their direction.
 
Sango and Miroku stood in front of Kagome ready to fight. They will protect her from Kikyou with their lives.
 
Sango released Hiratsu as it went flying through the air going towards Kikyou. Kikyou just stood there and waited for the weapon to get closer. When it was close enough she deflected the weapon with her bow sending it into the forest, leaving the Taijiya defenseless.
 
Miroku came in with his seals and sacred sutras as he threw them at Kikyou. She didn't have any problems with batting them away like they were flies.
 
Kikyou sent a bolt of her lighting toward the two that were protecting Kagome as she moved them out of her way. Kagome was now left defenseless, as she stood in front of Kikyou ready to send her back to where she belonged.
 
Kikyou still had plans to take Kagome's body and live her life the way she wanted. But then she spotted a glow on her right shoulder and knew what it was. Her eyes opened wide as she said with hatred in her voice, “You have mated with a filthy demon!! How can you defile your body like that and allow a demon to touch you.”
 
Kagome had been standing there the whole time as she was getting her powers ready to do battle. She had to be careful in what she did because she didn't want to kill her friends by losing control.
 
She looked up at Kikyou when she heard her remark and said, “You have no idea of what love is. If you loved Inuyasha when you were alive then you would have accepted him for who he was. He is a wonderful person and you have no right to demand that he change into a human to appease you.
 
What I do is my business and if I want to mate with a demon then I will. It's of no concern to you unless you had planned to take my body and then make believe that you are me. But I assure you that my mate will know that you are in this body and he will kill you.”
 
Kikyou became enraged as she sent a bolt of lighting toward Kagome.
 
Kagome was ready for it as she extended her hand and caught the blast before it did any harm. She formed the lighting into a ball as she held it. She looked at Kikyou and noticed the look of surprise on her face.
 
Kikyou was shocked to see that she had caught her lighting in her hand. It was a feat that could only be done by a pure heart miko. “How can you do this? Only a pure heart miko would have such powers as to stop mine.”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “Simple, I'm a pure heart miko.” She sent the bolt of lighting back to Kikyou with more force. Kikyou tried to move but it hit her head on. She screamed in pain as the lighting encircled her body and held her there.
 
Kagome turned to her friends and with a wave of her hand she released them from Kikyou's spell. She walked to each of them in turn and healed their wounds. When she was done she turned her attention to Kikyou, as she was still being held in the spell she cast.
 
With sadness in her eyes Kagome reached deep into herself and found her center again. She sent a golden string straight at Kikyou as she took hold of the last remaining piece of her soul. She pulled and her soul was finally released from her body as it came sailing toward her.
 
She took her soul and held it in her hand. It had been so long that she had been without this piece. She purified the hatred within the small piece of her soul as she accepted it back into her body and became whole once more.
 
Kagome looked up in time to see that without the piece of her soul Kikyou could not keep the other souls that were keeping her alive. They started to come out of her body, as they were finally released to rest in peace.
 
Kikyou started to change as her body was being returned from once it came. She turned back into bones and graveyard soil as her body disappeared and what was left was in a pile on the ground.
 
Kagome was panting hard as she started to waver. Inuyasha rushed to her side as he steadied her and held her in place. They all looked at Kagome with concern as she straightened and said, “I'm fine guys just a little tired.”
 
Then they all heard a noise off to the side, as they turned ready to attack the intruder. Their eyes opened wide to see Sesshomaru walking in their direction.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru landed softly at the bottom of the well. He took a deep breath and relished the pure air that he inhaled.
 
Kagome era had played havoc on his senses. He had thought that he would never be able to smell anything again as he was purging the last of the impurities from his nose.
 
He jumped as he landed softly on the ground right outside the well. He started to make his way toward the old miko's village when he sensed something in the forest. He listened intently as he heard an explosion in the near distance.
 
His nose was not working properly yet so he had to rely on his other senses to tell him what was going on. He felt a jab in his heart as he felt Kagome's fear. His mate was in danger as a deep and menacing growl left his chest as he took off in the direction of his mate.
 
He traveled quickly as he started to pick up the scent of his brothers blood. He knew that his mate had to be close if he was there.
 
He finally got to the battle as he watched his mate with interest. She had complete control of her powers now as she let go of her arrows. He noticed that the arrow contained a great deal of power but she had controlled how much she put into it.
 
He saw the arrow hit its mark as it purified the demon in a second. Then she turned her attention to the other and did the same.
 
He saw her look to the side as she looked at what she had done. She was proud for controlling her powers when he sensed that her sword came to life. He quickly turned as he saw the arrow coming towards his mate as she moved away from the blast.
 
He was about to jump into the fight when he saw her powers spike. She was pissed as she looked at the kit in her arms. Someone had hurt the kit and he knew that she was very protective of him. He knew enough not to get in the way of a mothers rage as he continued to watch.
 
He would jump in and protect his mate if it looked like she was going to be in trouble but for now he would just watch.
 
He saw the dead miko come out of the forest as she insulted his mate. He was flexing his claws as he was getting his attack ready. He had to be careful, for this miko could purify him and his armor would not be able to protect him.
 
He watched as everything unfolded in front of him. His eyes were growing big when he saw the level of power that Kagome possessed. His mate took care of the threat and got the remaining part of her soul back.
 
He decided to make his presence known as he walked out from his cover to see his mate.
 
Kagome's eyes opened wide when she saw him coming towards her. She found the strength to stand on her own as she rushed towards his waiting arms.
 
Sesshomaru's arms opened wide as he saw her coming. She hit his chest full force as his arms went around her small form and embraced her. He looked down as he said, “You did fine, my little miko. I'm proud of you.”
 
Kagome heard him as she looked up with tear soaked eyes and said, “You were watching? How long have you been standing here?”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he brought her closer to his chest as he said, “Since the fight began.”
 
Something snapped inside Kagome as her anger grew. She pushed away from his chest as she stood in front of him with her head down.
 
Inuyasha seeing what was about to happen quickly rushed forward and picked up Shippo in his arms. He turned to Sango and Miroku as he said, “If you don't want to get blasted then I suggest you come with me and leave them here. She is pissed to high heaven and she is about to take it out on Sesshomaru.”
 
No one needed to be told twice as they all took off heading towards the village, leaving his brother to deal with the enraged miko.
 
Sesshomaru saw as his brother took everyone and left the area, he could see that Kagome was getting angry and he didn't wish to be caught in the blast. He didn't blame him because when Kagome got mad it was not a pretty sight.
 
Kagome was breathing hard, she was mad as hell for him not helping her during her battle with Kikyou. She and Shippo could have gotten hurt from the impact of Kikyou's arrow.
 
She stopped in mid thinking as something occurred to her, `Wait, he has always protected me even from the lesser youkai, so why did he hesitate when I was fighting her?'
 
Kagome started shaking with rage as she finally figured out why he didn't help her when she was fighting Kikyou. `He has helped `me' in the past but he has never helped me when I was with Shippo. He doesn't want Shippo with me. I can't be with someone who will not accept Shippo. He is like my son and I can't abandon him for Sesshomaru.'
 
Kagome hardened her heart for what she was going to do. She wanted to know why he didn't help her. She wanted to hear his version on why, as she said through clinched teeth, “Why didn't help me when I was in danger with Shippo?”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow as he looked at Kagome. She was not looking at him and she had her head down. He could see that her anger was still peaked as he said, “I wanted to see how much you have learned over the last few months. I knew you were well protected so I didn't worry about you getting hurt.”
 
Kagome's anger peaked as she let lose an electric bolt that would have hit Sesshoumaru if he had not dodged the attack. She looked up from the ground as she looked at him. She eyed him carefully as she was slowly concentrating on what she was going to do, he would pay for his arrogance.
 
“So you just wanted to see how much I have learned. You cared little for my pup and me. You have always taken care of me but the first chance you got to show me you can protect the both of us you chose not to. Your sword only protects me and no one else.” Said Kagome with strained in her voice she was trying to keep from lashing out at him for being so cold.
 
Sesshomaru had no idea what was going on when he heard what she said, she thought that he wanted only her and didn't want to protect her pup. “Kagome, that's not true. I will always protect you and any pup that will live with us, be it ours or those left orphaned by war. I will protect them all.”
 
“You have already shown your true colors, Sesshomaru. I can no longer accept you as a mate. Anyone who can't accept Shippo as my pup will never be my mate. I'm not about to give up my pup for any male. I don't care who he is.” Kagome said as she continued to shake with rage.
 
Sesshomaru tried to move forward so he could reach her but he got hit with one of Kagome's blast and was sent right into a tree. He landed with a thud on the ground as his eyes went wide with disbelief. He was actually hurting from what she did to him as she turned and walked away from the clearing they were in. She wanted to find her pup as she went after Inuyasha and the rest of her group.
 
Sesshomaru sat there for a few minutes until he got some of his strength back. Once he could stand he went after her. `No one has ever done this to me. I will not be beaten by a mire ningen.' He huffed as he as he ran after Kagome.
 
Kagome continued to walk toward Kaede's village. She sensed him before he attacked and quickly sidestepped his attack.
 
Sesshomaru turned and faced his intended. No one has ever treated him this way, as he got ready to do battle with her. She will learn her place in his pack and she will accept him as a mate. “Kagome, we need to talk about what happened. Why would you say that I would not protect you? You know that I have always protected you.”
 
“That's just it! You have always protected me and have given me this sword to protect me when you're not there. This sword only protects me not my pups. What would happen if I were attacked and you weren't there to protect us. The sword would protect me but it will leave our pups in danger.
 
I can't accept that. You say that you care for me, just me. You don't give a damn about my pup. I will not abandon Shippo just to be with you. He is part of my life and no man will interfere with that.” Said Kagome as her tears were rolling down her face. She loved him but if he did not accept Shippo as one of his own then she will never be with him.
 
Sesshomaru was deep in thought about what Kagome had told him. He always wanted to protect her. He had given her the sword so he could protect her. He never realized that the sword would not protect her pups.
 
He looked up from the ground as he stared into her tear soaked eyes. She was in pain as he tried to move closer to her. She attacked as she sent her lighting towards him and he dodged.
 
He had barely missed that blast as it singed his tail and he grunted in pain. She meant to do him serious harm as he stood his ground against her. He had to figure a way to get to her, calm her down, and listen to reason.
 
He saw her turn and started walking away from him as he rushed towards her to grab her. She waited until he was close enough and placed her barrier around her body to protect herself as she walked.
 
Sesshomaru hit the barrier full force as it sent him flying through the air. He landed on his back with the wind knocked out of him as he slowly opened his eyes.
 
He saw as Kagome was still walking away and he struggled to get to his feet. He was on his knees when he heard her say, “Sesshomaru, I suggest that you stay away from me for now. I want my pup and if you interfere with me getting to him I will kill you.”
 
Sesshomaru stopped as he stared at her retreating form. Her threat was very real as he saw her aura. He would have to let her cool down before he could talk to her.
 
He stood as he took a deep breath. He summoned his demonic cloud as he took off heading toward the west. He would wait for her there because he knew she would come there to his home. He still had the jewel shard pieces and she will be coming to get them. When she did he will be ready for her. He was not about to be defeated by his future mate.
 
He smiled inwardly as he thought, `I have to remember that I can never get her this mad ever again. She will be very protective of our pups and she will kill anyone that would try to harm them including me.'
 
Kagome was still mad as she continued to walk through the forest. She was glad that the village was a good distance away. She needed the time to cool off before she found Shippo. She never meant for Shippo to get hurt in anyway and she was worried about him.
 
He had been hurt trying to protect her. He was so determined that he had gotten in the way of the blast as it hit. Shippo had earned a place in her heart. She wanted nothing more than to protect him and make his life as wonderful as possible. He deserved to be happy and she was going to do everything within her power to make him happy.
 
When she finally arrived at the village she quickly made her way over to Kaede's hut. She stepped in as she looked around, when she didn't see Shippo she turned her attention to Kaede and said, “Kaede, where is Shippo?”
 
Kaede turned to the girl and smiled as she said, “He is with Inuyasha. When I treated him for his wounds Inuyasha took him outside and went toward the god tree with the kit in his arms. He won't leave Shippo unprotected.”
 
Kagome said her thanks for the information as she went to her bag and pulled out some clothes. She went to change as she put on her priestess clothes, but under her clothes she wore the armor that Sesshomaru had given her.
 
She growled at the thought of his name, `that pompous windbag! Telling me that he cares for me and then he wants to stand back to see what I have learned. Shippo could have been really hurt because he wanted to see the level of power I held.
 
I guess he will never change. He never really loved me anyway, all he wants me for is to bare him an heir to the Western Lands. I would have protected Rin like my own daughter had the shoes been on the other foot.'
 
She put her stuff into her bag and threw it over her shoulder as she left Kaede's hut. She was making her way over to the god tree to see about Shippo.
 
When she got there she spotted Inuyasha as he dozed off on a tree branch. He had Shippo cradled in his arms as he held him close to his chest. She had never seen him this way with the kit before. She figured that when he thought she was dead he had taken to caring for Shippo the way she always did.
 
She took a deep breath as she said softly, “Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha heard his name being called as he slowly opened his eyes. His ears twitched as he heard it again, “Inuyasha?”
 
He looked down to see what he believed to be Kikyou but then he sniffed as he caught her scent. His memories about what happened earlier came flooding back as he sighed deeply and then jumped down from the tree, landing in front of Kagome.
 
He looked into her eyes and asked, “Where's Sesshomaru?” He saw her aura spark as he asked his question. `Damn! I should've kept my big mouth shut!'
 
Kagome felt her anger grow as she quickly took a deep breath to calm herself down. She looked up into his eyes and said, “I have come for Shippo,” as she held her arms out to Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha complied immediately as he placed the kit in her out stretched arms.
 
Kagome cradled Shippo in her arms as she brought him to her chest. She passed her finger over his forehead as her healing power was released to help her pup. Shippo soon started to stir as he opened his eyes and stared at Kagome with his beautiful green eyes. He smiled weakly at her as he whispered, “Mama.”
 
Kagome smiled as she placed a kiss on his forehead and told him to rest that he was safe in her arms. He snuggled closer to her chest as he grabbed part of her shirt to make sure she wouldn't leave him as he fell into a deeper healing sleep.
 
She looked up as Inuyasha and said, “Inuyasha I want the jewel shards.”
 
Inuyasha eyes opened wide as he said, “I don't have them Kagome, Sesshomaru does. Your mother gave him the jewel when we came back with you that first time when you almost killed that hobo guy for touching you. As far as I know he still has them.”
 
This did not sit well with Kagome as she turned to leave with Shippo in her arms. Inuyasha seeing that she was going to leave was following her. He was not about to let her go anywhere alone.
 
Kagome stopped in her tracks as she quickly turned around and said in an angry voice, “Why are you following me, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha swallowed hard as he said, “I'm coming with you. I can't allow you to go off by yourself unprotected. I have given my word and I can't let you leave alone.”
 
Kagome heard his words and knew that he would never allow her to travel on her own. She wanted some time alone to think as she concentrated on what she wanted to do.
 
She got an idea as she said, “I'm sorry Inuyasha but I want to be by myself with Shippo for a while. Nothing is going to happen to me so you can stay here. I don't need to be protected.”
 
Before Inuyasha could say anything Kagome cast a sleeping spell on her friend as he fell asleep on the ground. She walked over to him as she moved his hair away from his face and said, “I'm sorry, my Inuyasha but I want to be alone for a while. I hope you understand. I didn't want to hurt you so this was the only way that I could think of to prevent you from following me. When you wake up I will be long gone from here.”
 
Kagome stood as she placed a barrier around her friend to protect him. She didn't want him to be attacked while he was sleeping, as she turned and started heading toward the west. If Sesshomaru had her jewel shards then she was going to get them back from him.
 
~oOo~
 
All right this is the end to another chapter. Sorry I didn't update yesterday but family emergency prevented me from doing it. But I was surprised to see over 40 reviews for the last chapter. Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. Your reviews mean the world to me.
 
As you can see all of Sesshomaru's planning paid off when dealing with the doctors from the modern era. Sometimes fighting fire with fire works better than using your claws.
 
Sesshomaru made a fatal mistake when he chose to stand back and watch Kagome fight to see how strong she was. The protection of Shippo comes first in Kagome's mind and by him not protecting her and Shippo meant that he didn't care anything about the pup. Kagome will not accept him if he doesn't accept and protect Shippo.
 
There are hardships ahead for Kagome as she makes good and bad choices. Sesshomaru learns what she is talking about and works hard to get back in her favor. It's not over yet as they continue to learn about each other.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!