InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 16
 
In the days after Sesshomaru arrival back at the castle it had been some of the worst days for his servants. He was in the foulest of moods and no one dared approach him. Even Rin was keeping her distance from him whenever she saw him coming her way.
 
He was heading toward the dojo to begin training again. Whatever was on his mind he felt the need to train so vigorously that he would be there until well into the night before heading back to his private quarters.
 
His mind had been on only one thing or shall we say one person since his arrival back at the castle. Kagome filled his thoughts every minute of the day. He couldn't concentrate on anything and he missed her more with each passing day.
 
He knew he was to blame for not protecting her with the pup. He had failed to show her that he would protect her and anything that she valued close to her heart. He also knew that she was very protective of the kit and he was still dumb enough not to protect them both.
 
He sighed as he stared out into the horizon. The sun was going down yet again in his kingdom as he missed the conversations that he had with the girl. She was intelligent, graceful, and her smiles melted the iciness he had built for centuries around his heart. Her sweet scent still filled his lungs, as she smelled of jasmine and sandelwood, a scent he found very pleasing.
 
He had come back to his castle to train. He didn't think that he would have to do this just yet with her but he had no choice. He had to exert his male dominance on Kagome if he wanted to mate with her. She had to summit to him as the alpha male and he knew he would have to fight her to do it.
 
She was strong and he knew it. The last time she had flattened him on the ground and he had a hard time getting back up. He had to find a way to subdue her and make her submit. He had to get stronger in order for this to happen that's why he was training so hard. She was a worthy mate and he would do anything to gain her favor.
 
He wanted her more than anything and he enjoyed a good challenge to get her. He knew deep down in his heart that he loved her but he had yet to tell her when she was awake. He remembered that he had told her once but she was unconscious and never heard his words.
 
He missed the taste of her and his demon side was getting restless. It had been furious that he had backed down to the female and demanded that he go after her. He was never one to listen to his demon side as he quickly stumped him into submission.
 
Soon he would go and find Kagome. She was getting closer to his castle because he could feel her presence in the distance. She still carried his mark and he could tell where she was located. His demon side wanted the ningen and would struggle to get free every chance he got when he picked up her scent.
 
He had been in his father's library looking at his books of spells. He needed something that would help him defeat the miko. He hated to do this but he had to protect himself against her attacks. She was powerful and he had to find a spell that would protect him from her powers. His armor was good but the last time it didn't even work, as her powers were growing stronger.
 
He finally found what he was looking for as he sat down in the only chair in the room. He continued to read well into the night as he was figuring out his plan to subdue Kagome.
 
The next morning Sesshomaru went to change his clothes and stepped out on to the balcony. He was looking as the sun was rising over the horizon. It was going to be a beautiful day as Kagome's face appeared to him in his minds eye.
 
He turned away from the sight as he growled. He was getting soft about this ningen and it was irritating him to no end. He had allowed himself to be pulled into submission by a ningen female and he hated it.
 
He was about to go back inside when he picked up a scent in the distance. It was youkai and he didn't like the stench. He had told those bastards to keep off his lands and now they were going to pay with their lives.
 
He leaped into the air as he headed toward the scent he was picking up. He would get rid of these snake youkai once and for all. The demons were the scourge of the land that ruined everything that they got their hands on. They would lay waste to villages killing all there. He had often chased them off his lands and the last time he did he had made the threat the he would kill them even if he had to follow them to the ends of the earth and back.
 
As he was traveling he picked up another scent as his demon side almost burst out of his chest. Those snakes had located where his mate was and he had the feeling that they were attacking her. That's all it took to make him go faster as he raced through the air trying to reach his mate before they did her harm.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome had stopped sometime in the middle of the night once she had left Inuyasha. She got some rest as she cradled Shippo against her chest as they slept. Once the sun was up she got up and continued to walk toward the Western Lands.
 
She knew it was going to take her a while to get there but she was not in a hurry. She wanted this time to mediate and think about what she wanted. She knew that she loved Sesshomaru but she couldn't back down from him not protecting her kit.
 
She learned her lessons well when he taught her the rights of the female in this era. It was her choice on who she would mate with and she would pick someone that would love and protect her and her pups.
 
She had not been wrong in asking, if it would've been their pups in trouble and this happened would he not protect them? Because he wanted to see what kind of power she held?
 
She knew that she had over reacted in what he did but she had every right to. He had promised to protect her and not act like his brother. She wanted to feel loved, protected, and cherished. She wanted to make sure that he would protect anything she held close to her heart.
 
She knew that things were done differently in this era but she wanted to change it just a bit. It didn't have to be about just one race or just one breed. She wanted to instill the right to protect all who lived on the lands. It didn't matter to her if they were youkai or human. The most important thing to protect in the Western Lands where the children, for they were the future of their race.
 
If she could teach the children of this era not to hate each other then they will have a chance to live in the future. For they will be able to adapt and live among the humans of her time and survive. But if they continued to live by their current virtues then their future was doomed, for they will not survive what was to come.
 
She needed to start with Sesshomaru and teach him these things. She hated to attack him but she had to get her point across to him. She wanted him to be opened to ideas and listen to her advice when the time came.
 
Her anger grew as she quickly squashed it down. It was one of her emotions that she was getting pretty good at controlling. There will be a time and a place that she would need to channel her anger into a fight and now was not the time.
 
Finally after traveling in silence for about a day and a half Shippo started to stir in her arms. She looked down as she stopped walking to pay attention to the kit. When she saw him opening his eyes, she was relieved that he was all right.
 
Shippo had been enjoying his ride in his mother's arms. He felt protected there and he was warm. He opened his eyes to find that Kagome was looking at him as he heard her say, “Shippo, how are you feeling?”
 
He smiled at his mother as he said, “Mama, I feel great, but I'm hungry.”
 
Kagome giggled as she stopped and put the kit down on the ground. She finally got some feeling back in her arm as she took off her backpack and looked for some food to give Shippo. She found some Ramen and proceeded to make a fire so she could cook it for him.
 
When the water was done she poured it into the cup and waited until they were cooked as she gave them to Shippo so he could eat.
 
Shippo waited patiently until the noodles cooled and he started to eat his food. He noticed that his mother was not eating as he asked, “Mama? Why aren't you eating?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “Don't worry Shippo I ate earlier today when you were still asleep. So I want you to eat up so we can continue on our way.”
 
Shippo obeyed his mother as he continued to eat his food. When he was done Kagome cleaned everything up as she put the fire out and they continued on their way.
 
Shippo was enjoying his time with his mother. They had never traveled alone before and he was kind of scared. He started to pick up the scent of youkai near by, as he got closer to his mother.
 
Kagome felt that Shippo was getting scared as she bent down and picked him up in her arms. She held him close to her chest as she said, “Don't worry Shippo. I will protect you from harm. No one is going to hurt you as long as you are with me.”
 
Shippo took comfort in her words as he fell asleep in his mother's arms. He felt at peace with her as he snuggled closer to get her body heat.
 
Shippo and Kagome continued to travel toward the west. They would stop to eat and then they would play some games along the way. They enjoyed their time together like mother and son.
 
Once they were attacked and Kagome took her arrow and killed the demon in one shot. When she was done she quickly went over to the kit and said, “Shippo are you all right? Did he hurt you?”
 
Shippo was impressed with the way his mother dealt with the threat. He never knew that she was this powerful. He hopped into her arms as he said, “Yes I'm fine. He didn't even hurt me but you have gotten stronger Kagome. Your a lot more powerful than before.”
 
Kagome smiled sweetly at her son as they continued on their way. Kagome took to putting a protective barrier around her and Shippo to keep her safe. She didn't want anything to happen to Shippo because she had brought him along with her and refused to leave him with Inuyasha.
 
She had gotten very protective of the kit since the day that she almost lost him to Kikyou. She was determined that this will never happen again.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome and Shippo were playing in a clearing when they heard a scream in the distance. Kagome stopped as she listened intently to where the screams were coming from. She called Shippo to her as he jumped onto her shoulder and grabbed on while his mother started running through the forest.
 
She was following the sense of terror she felt as she continued to run to see if she could help the person in need. Kagome continued running until they came upon the screaming person that they had heard.
 
Kagome stopped dead in her tracks when she saw that it was a small demon child that was being attacked by a giant snake. `Great! I hate snakes.'
 
Kagome took Shippo off her shoulder as she put him down on the ground. She removed her backpack as she placed it against a tree and said in a low voice, “Shippo I want you to stay here out of the way. I want to save that child but if I have to worry about you then I could lose my concentration on what I have to do.”
 
Shippo nodded that he understood as he saw his mother remove her bow from her should and pulled out one of her arrows to lock it into place.
 
Kagome stepped forward with her bow raised as she pointed at the offending youkai. Then she yelled, “Put him down or it will be your death!”
 
The snake youkai turned to see who had addressed him in such a manner. When he turned his great head he spotted a human female standing down below with her arrow pointing at him. He hissed at the new comer as he said, “What do you want wench? Can't you see I'm busy with my meal.”
 
Kagome's anger started to grow. She needed to keep it in check as she pulled on the string of her bow and took aim. The child was wrapped around the youkai's tail and she had to make sure that her arrow did not hurt him.
 
The demon in front of her started to wave the child in front of him as he used him as a shield. `That bastard! He's using the child as shield and now I can't shoot my arrow for fear of hitting him.'
 
Kagome lowered her bow as she put it on the ground. She had only on shot at this as she formed a plan in her mind. She summoned her powers, as she got ready. When she was sure that she had the youkai full attention she quickly formed a bow in her hand as she pulled back and fired.
 
The arrow flew straight as it hit the youkai in the tail and it released the child.
 
Kagome ran forward as she caught him and took him back to Shippo and told him to watch him until she was done with the snake. She ran back as her hands came up with a bow and arrow locked in place.
 
The youkai was in pain as he was thrashing around the clearing. Kagome was having a hard time trying to take aim. She concentrated as she released her arrow.
 
The snake was moving around so much that it never saw the arrow coming toward him. He moved right in the way of the arrow as it impacted and purified him. He fell dead on the ground as Kagome turned away from him and made her way toward the fallen child.
 
When Kagome reached him Shippo was there with him and he had a look of concern on his face. She rolled the child over as she looked at him. He was an inu youkai child with beautiful dark brown hair. He had black stripes on his cheeks, one on each side. He had a cute tail with long with fluffy fur. He wore a blue hakama and haori of the simple kind. Not the fancy silks that Sesshomaru wore all the time.
 
Kagome placed her hand on his chest as she concentrated her healing power on him. Slowly she started to heal all of his wounds as she felt that he was getting stronger. When she was done she looked around the area and decided that they needed to get away from this place.
 
She picked up the child and her bag as she put it on her shoulder. She turned to Shippo and said, “Come on Shippo, we need to get away from here.” Shippo agreed as he followed his mother to a safer place.
 
They continued to walk until they came to a clearing by the river. Kagome looked around and opened her senses to make sure that there was no danger nearby. She put up her barrier as she was finally able to relax.
 
Kagome tended to the little inu injuries as she cleaned up his wounds. When she had set up camp she turned to Shippo and said, “Shippo, do you think that you can keep an eye on him until I return. I need to go and hunt for dinner. I'm afraid that our guest might not like my food.”
 
Shippo stood proud that his mother had asked him to do something so important as he said, “Sure Kagome I can protect him.”
 
Kagome smiled as she walked away from Shippo, she turned as she said, “Shippo don't leave the protection of the barrier I have placed around you both, it will keep you safe until I return.”
 
Shippo agreed to her request as Kagome continued to walk deeper into the forest. Once she was out of range Kagome collapsed on the ground. She was tired and she was very hungry. She had not eaten in days to make sure that Shippo had enough to eat. The reason she was going hunting was to get food because her supplies were running low.
 
She hated to kill animals because she would have to clean them but she didn't have a choice anymore. They were almost out of food and she needed to feed the pups. She sometimes wished she let Inuyasha come along with her at least when he hunted he usually cleaned the catch before he brought it back to camp. She got herself together as she got off the ground and started looking for prey.
 
She remembered what Sesshomaru had told her about what type of meat he liked to eat as she was looking for prey. She heard a noise off to the side as she slowed down her pace. She finally found what she was looking for as she took aim and let go of her arrow.
 
She got the wild bore with one shot as she killed it instantly. She walked over to it as she looked upon the dead animal. She felt her stomach start to turn as she was thinking about what she had to do. She swallowed hard as she reached down and picked it up and placed it on her shoulder.
 
She was thankful that it was not a very big one, as she carried it back to camp. When she finally returned Shippo was looking anxiously for her and she saw the relief in his eyes when he saw her.
 
Kagome smiled a weak smile as she went over by the river and placed the animal there. She got her knife out and set to work. It took her a while but she was finally done gutting the pig. She placed a few pieces of meat on the fire as she slowly cooked it.
 
She kept some meat for when the little youkai woke up from his ordeal. He might eat raw meat or cooked she had no idea what he preferred but she was keeping enough of both of them so he can decide once he woke up.
 
When the meat was finally cooked all the way, Kagome took some off the fire for Shippo to have. She cut it up into small pieces as she blew on it to cool it for the kit.
 
Shippo immediately began to eat being hungry from having to wait until it was done cooking. Kagome watched the kit to make sure that he didn't choke on his food. He was eating so fast that she thought he would forget to chew his food at times.
 
Kagome heard a noise off to the side as she turned her head to see what it was. She noticed that the inu child was starting to stir as she looked at him from a distance.
 
She learned a long time ago not to get close to a youkai when they're asleep because they could come out fighting. Unless you are strong enough to catch them before they tore into you, it was just best to keep some distance.
 
She watched as the child opened his eyes. They were a pretty green as they sparkled in the light of the fire. He opened his eyes all the way as he got them focused. At first his eyebrows furrowed together wondering where he was. He looked to be in thought as he looked at the darkened sky.
 
Kagome cleared her throat as she saw the child jump and get into a fighting stance. He was quick, she had to give him that much. He was barring his fangs and flexing his little claws at Kagome as she looked at him with amusement in her eyes.
 
“Hello, are you hungry? Because I have some food for you if you are?” said Kagome with a smile on her face.
 
The little inu raised his nose and sniffed, she was a stranger to this land. He found her scent to be pleasing and it had a calming quality to it. He got a little closer to the miko as he sat down near the fire. He was nervous, but his nose was picking up something that smelled good as his stomach growled with hunger.
 
Kagome watched his reactions and she saw him moving closer to the fire. She heard his stomach growl as she giggled and asked, “Do you eat cooked meat or do you like it raw?”
 
The young inu looked at the ningen sitting in front of him. She was holding some food out for him to eat. He was feeling weak and was really hungry as he reached for the cooked meat she offered. When he took it from her he started to stuff it all in his mouth as he tried to chew.
 
“Hey, hey, hey, slow down. You're going to choke if you don't slow down and chew your food the right way.” Scolded Kagome as she watched the child stop what he was doing.
 
He continued to chew his food until he swallowed as he turned to her and said, “I'm sorry my mother would have scruffed me for doing that. It's just that I was awfully hungry and this tasted really good.”
 
“Well that's all right I just want you to slow down. No one will take away your food.” Said Kagome as she leaned back against the tree and watched the children eat. When they had their fill she cleaned up the area as she saw Shippo interacting with the pup.
 
It was good to see him play with other demon pups his age. She could tell that the inu was a little older than Shippo but they were playing just the same.
 
Kagome finished cleaning up and noticed how much meat was left. The pups had nearly eaten it all. There was enough for them to eat in the morning before they started on their trip again.
 
She signed she didn't think that she could go out and kill another animal. So she opted to keep the meat for the pups as she went to the river and got some water and drank it. It was the only way to keep her stomach from growling and alerting Shippo that she had not eaten.
 
Her clothes were starting to get big on her as she was losing weight from not eating. She just hoped that she had enough strength to beat Sesshomaru to get the jewel back. She was shuttering at the thought of seeing him again. She did miss him but he had shown his true colors that day when he didn't protect her from Kikyou.
 
She couldn't accept him as a mate if he wouldn't protect her with her pup. Her pup came first and Sesshomaru would have to learn that. It didn't matter which pup it was if it was one of hers or a pup she protected, their safety came first.
 
Kagome came out of her musing as she saw how late it was getting. She called for the kids to come nearer and told them it was time for bed. They both huffed not wanting to go to bed as she eyed them and said, “If you don't sleep how are we going to be able to find you're friends home? You have to sleep because tomorrow we will have a long day ahead of us.”
 
The pups relented as they both laid next to each other and fell asleep. Kagome was sitting up against a tree as she brought her barrier closer to her group. She wished to keep away intruders and she especially didn't want to fight right now. She was tired and she was definitely hungry. She almost didn't have any strength left and she wanted to rest before they left in the morning.
 
Once her barrier was smaller she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Her only thoughts were of this one special person that kept coming into her mind and wouldn't let her rest. His golden eyes continued to watch her as he showed her such pleasure.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke the next morning and started to make the pups their food. It didn't take long for them to smell it as they both woke up ready to eat.
 
Once she feed everyone she packed up her bag and they were ready to leave. She turned to her new pup as she asked, “Young one, what is your name?”
 
The little inu bowed his head. He was ashamed that he had forgotten to tell her his name. “I'm sorry I didn't tell you my name. My name is Tashi.”
 
Kagome smiled warmly at him as she said, “Well Tashi, my name is Kagome and this little bundle of energy is my pup Shippo. Do you remember where you live?”
 
“Yes, my village is just over that hill over there in the distance. Are you going to take me home?” he asked with hope in his heart.
 
“Yes, Tashi its on our way and I want to make sure that you will be protected until I have you with your family. So lets go toward your village.” Kagome said as she turned and started out heading for Tashi village.
 
The village looked a lot closer that she originally thought. They had traveled most of the day and they were no closer to getting there than this morning.
 
Kagome was getting tired as she called to the pups to find a place with water and then they would have lunch. The pups complied as they searched the area. When they found what they were looking for they ran to Kagome and showed her where the water located.
 
Kagome followed, she enjoyed being around the pups for they were full of energy and life. She wanted to give Shippo a happy life. She knew that she wouldn't be alive when he would reach maturity. This fact saddened her but she was bound and determined to make it as happy as she could.
 
They made it to the river as they all settled to rest for a while. The pups played while Kagome made lunch. She looked into her bag and she saw that she only had two Ramen left. They would do for lunch but then she would have to go hunting for the evening meal. She was not looking forward to that at all.
 
She quickly fixed them their food as she watched while they were playing. She sensed something in the near distance as she stood and picked up her bow. She was scanning the area with her senses as she caught the aura of several large youkai heading their way
 
`Damn why did they have to show up now? I could have dealt with them later, but not now.' Kagome was frustrated, she was feeling weak and now she would have to deal with these intruders.
 
She turned as she called to the pups, “Shippo, Tashi, I need both of you to come here. There are youkai approaching and it's not good. I want you two to stay together. I will put a barrier around the two of you so you'll be protected while I take care of those youkai. Hopefully they don't want to fight and will just go away but I still want you to be safe. Do you both understand what I'm telling you?”
 
Both boys nodded that they understood as Kagome placed a barrier around them. Once she had both boys in the safety of her barrier she turned to them and said, “By the way you two, you can't leave the barrier until I come and get you out.”
 
Both demon pups looked at each other as they rushed forward trying to get out. They both cried out when they found that they couldn't leave where Kagome had placed them. She knew that they would come after her but they would only to get hurt.
 
Kagome moved away from the pups. She had to get some distance from them in case it was a bad battle. She was hoping with all her heart that she wouldn't have to fight with these fools but she knew better. She was sensing that these youkai were strong and they were searching for something.
 
She recognized part of the aura as she braced herself. She saw them coming out of the forest to face her. It was the snake youkai companions, there were four of them, and they seemed to be coming for revenge.
 
~oOo~
 
The snake youkai had been traveling fast through the night. They wanted to get to the person that had killed their friend. They were following their trail through the forest as their tongues came out of their mouths and tasted the way they had gone.
 
They were getting close, they could tell because the taste was fresher than before. When they broke through the thick forest into a clearing they came upon a ningen standing there in their way. They all reared their heads up as their tongue came out to catch the scent that they were chasing.
 
They were surprised that the scent they had been following during the night belonged to this ningen. They hissed as one of them said, “You wench! You killed our brother. We will have our revenge for what you have done and then we will find the pup that he had before you set it free.”
 
Kagome heard what the arrogant snakes said. She knew that her bow was not going to do the job this time as she pulled the sword from its sheath. It came to life as she held it in her hand away from her body. She was channeling her powers into the sword, as she was getting angry at these demons.
 
“You will not touch my pups! That bastard had the chance to let go of him but he refused, I was not about to see him get killed. If you want him then you're going to have to get through me first.” Kagome said with anger in her voice, she wasn't about to let these fools hurt Tashi or Shippo.
 
The snakes looked at each other as they smirked, then they attacked as one. They went after Kagome as they saw the girl hold her sword in front of her. The snakes were almost to the girl when they saw her attack.
 
Kagome was determined not to let the snakes get to the boys. She was going to protect them as she took her sword and slashed as she yelled “PURIFYING BLADES!!!”
 
Steaming hot blades came out of the swords as it went towards her attackers. It caught the first snake as it tore him to pieces. One snake was able to dodge the attack in time, as the others were unharmed.
 
Kagome was breathing hard as she turned to face the remaining three snakes. They were surrounding her as she was thinking about what to do. Then she heard the cry of her pups as fear took over her heart. There must have been another youkai with these bastards and it had gotten close to where Shippo and Tashi were located.
 
Kagome's anger increased ten fold as she channeled it into her sword. The winds were beginning to surround her sword as she continued to power it up. She took her sword as she twirled it around her head and said, “Hearts of Storm!!!”
 
The tornado like winds surrounded the three-snake youkai as it engulfed them in its power. It started to shred them to pieces as they screamed in pain. It was over in a matter of minutes as Kagome fell to her knee from the effort.
 
Kagome was breathing hard, she had used a lot of her energy in that attack and now she was paying for it. She was left weak with almost no energy. All her body wanted to do right now is collapse on the ground and sleep. The cries of her pups brought her out of her stupor as she got to her feet, staggered, before heading for their location.
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo and Tashi were scared out of their minds. They could tell that Kagome was fighting four large demons and they wanted to help her. But the barrier that she had placed around them would not let them get out.
 
They heard a noise off to the side as they both froze. They stayed as still as possible hoping that whatever was in the forest would just pass them by and leave them alone. Their hearts sank as they saw the snake youkai coming out of the forest as it reared up on his tail.
 
It hissed as it moved closer to the demon pups. His tongue was slowly coming out of his mouth, as he tasted their fear. It smiled an evil smile, as he got closer. Soon he would have a very nice meal as he coiled his body around the two pups.
 
He was about to strike when he saw a barrier protecting his prey. He hissed in anger as he attacked, but the barrier refused to let him get close to the pups.
 
Shippo and Tashi coward in fear as they saw the snake youkai approach the barrier that Kagome had set up. They wanted to leave but the barrier was preventing them from doing so.
 
They saw, as the snake was getting ready to attack. They both hit the ground as they yelled at the top of they're lungs, “KAGOME!!!!”
 
The barrier held but they didn't know how much longer it would withstand the attack of the snake youkai. It was very determined to get them as they continued to call for Kagome at the top of their lungs.
 
They saw when the snake stopped his attack on them as a new challenge was given, “You!!!! Get away from my pups or I will kill you!!”
 
“Stupid human, do you think you can take me on in your weaken state. I will kill you and then I will kill the pups!” Yelled the snake youkai as it uncurled its body from around the pups and started his attack on Kagome.
 
The snake was correct in his assumption, Kagome was in a weaken state but her determination to protect her pups fueled her resolve. She took a fighting stance against the snake as she prepared to do battle.
 
Kagome stood her ground as she saw the snake coming towards her; at the last minute she dodged his attack as she quickly moved away from him.
 
The snake had been ready as it brought its tail around and hit Kagome with it. It sent her flying through the air as she landed on the other side of the clearing unconscious.
 
Kagome finally lost her battle to stay awake as she welcomed the darkness that took her. Her only regret was that she was unable to help her pups.
 
Shippo looked on in horror as he saw Kagome go down. She hit the ground hard and she was not moving. He continued to cry for Kagome as they saw the snake move in for the kill. They closed their eyes and turned away from what the snake was about to do.
 
Then they heard the snake cry out in pain as they quickly looked up to see what was going on. Both their eyes went wide when they saw the Lord to the Western Lands standing in front of Kagome protecting her.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was flying with speed. His demon side wanted to come out and tear apart the youkai that was hurting his mate. She was his as he let a ferial growl escape his lips.
 
He arrived in time to see the snake youkai attack his mate. He hit her with his tail and sent her flying through the air to land on the opposite side of the clearing. He saw the pups as a barrier, which she had set up, protected them.
 
He rushed forward as he slashed with his claws and landed in front of the snake. He was cracking his knuckles and growling at the snake as his claws were secreting a green mist.
 
He was getting his poison claws ready as he said, “How dare you attack my mate and pups!!!! You will pay for your actions with your life. I will keep my promise to you and kill you for returning to my lands.”
 
The snake backed away when he saw Sesshomaru standing in front of the girl. When he heard that she was his mate he knew he had made a big mistake.
 
Sesshomaru moved as he brought his poison claws to bear. He attacked with such speed that the snake youkai never saw him coming. He landed on the other side of him as he flexed his claws and turned toward his enemy.
 
The snake hissed as it fell dead on the ground from his attack. Sesshomaru had effectively sliced him about 10 times before he even landed on the ground.
 
Sesshomaru quickly turned and made his way over to Kagome. He picked her up in his arms and noticed how light she was. He could almost feel her bones through her clothes as he noticed how pale she looked.
 
`It looks like she had not eaten in over a week. Why would she do this to herself?' he thought as he stood with her in his arms. He heard the crying of the pups as he walked over to where they were located.
 
When he reached them he noticed that the barrier still had not come down. He shifted Kagome in his arms as he kneeled down on one knee. He reached out with his hand and touched the barrier. It immediately came down as Shippo rushed forward and asked, “How is my Mommy? Is she going to be all right?”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at the kit and noticed the spell that was placed on him. `Kagome must have placed that spell on him so that the kit wouldn't know how thin she was getting and worry about her. She must have given up her food to feed the kit while she traveled here.'
 
He looked away from Kagome as he asked, “Do you know where Inuyasha is?”
 
Shippo looked up at the demon Lord and he was scared. He swallowed hard as he said, “We left Inuyasha back at Kaede's village when we started to travel here. Mama wouldn't allow him to come with us so she put a sleeping spell on him. He came close to finding us many times but Mama kept a barrier around us so he couldn't see or detect us in the area.”
 
Sesshomaru furrowed his eyebrows together deep in thought. `So she has learned how to control her powers even more than before. She is able to mask her scent and her aura along with her pup.
 
He looked up as he saw another pup that was with her. He didn't remember this one as he asked, “You were not with my mate the last time I'd seen her. Where did you come from?”
 
Tashi was shaking in fear. He had heard of the Lord to the Western Lands but he never thought that he would ever meet him in person. He was scared out of his mind as Shippo answered his question.
 
“Don't worry Tashi I will make sure that you are returned to your family as soon as possible. But before I take you back I must take care of my mate. She's hurt and needs attention at the moment.” Sesshomaru said as he was trying to sound soothing to the pups. It would not do if Kagome woke up to find two upset pups. She would lash out and kill anyone who would do that.
 
Sesshomaru felt that Kagome was getting weaker as he stood with her and said to the pups. “I want you both to hold on to my legs. We are going to be traveling very fast and I don't want you to fall off my cloud.”
 
Tashi and Shippo complied with his wishes and as soon as the felt that they were both holding on tight he summoned his demon cloud and took off toward his castle.
 
It took him about ten minutes to get there and when he landed he noticed that the pups wouldn't let go of his legs. They were both still scared to death as Rin came running out of the castle to greet him.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru! Lord Sesshomaru! Rin is happy to see you.” Yelled Rin as she was running away from his retainer Jaken. She stopped before she got to her Lord as she saw the two children that were with him and the pretty lady in his arms.
 
Rin was curious as she asked, “Lord Sesshomaru, who is that in your arms? She's pretty.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled inwardly at her comment. `No Rin she's not pretty, she's beautiful.' He turned his attention to the two pups that were still holding on to his legs as he said, “Shippo, Tashi this is Rin why don't you go play with her in the gardens while I have the healer tend to Kagome.”
 
Tashi and Shippo were looking around the area. They were thinking how wonderful it would be to go exploring in such a nice place. When they heard Lord Sesshomaru's comments both boys' faces lit up at the thought of just playing around such a fine castle.
 
“Oh yes Lord Sesshomaru, Rin will be happy to go and play.” Said Rin as she turned to the two boys and said, “Come with Rin so we can play.” The boys let go of his legs as they took off after Rin to go and play.
 
Sesshomaru turned to his retainer and said, “Jaken, make sure they stay out of trouble and protect them.”
 
Jaken shook in fear. He hated to be with three children now for they would surely do horrible things to him. Rin was bad enough she would always chase him around the gardens trying to dress him up in horrible looking kimonos. “Yes Lord Sesshomaru.” He replied as he turned and went after the pups to keep an eye on them. Oh how he hated his job.
 
Sesshomaru quickly walked into the castle as he went to his room. He placed Kagome on the bed as he summoned one of the servants and said, “Nasume, I want some warm water, clean cloths and some soup to be brought up here.”
 
Nasume bowed and left quickly to do his biding. It would not do to get on the wrong side of Lord Sesshomaru when he was apparently very interested in the ningen he had placed on his bed.
 
Once Nasume was out of the room he proceeded to take Kagome's clothes off. He wanted to see the extent of her injuries. Once he was done he was shocked at what he saw. Kagome was almost skin and bones. She had put her body through the worst torture just to take care of a kit.
 
He cursed under his breath. He knew better than to leave her alone because she would hurt herself like this. He knew that she could hunt but she refuses to clean her catch and that's why she suffered like this.
 
He heard a knock on his door as he quickly covered Kagome with a sheet as he said, “Enter.”
 
Nasume quickly entered the room with everything he had requested and then some. She didn't know if she was wounded so she brought medicine and clean bandages just in case. She put everything down on the table next to him as she quickly left the room to get the soup he had requested for the girl.
 
Once Nasume was gone again he proceeded to get Kagome cleaned up. Most of the blood on her was from the snake youkai. He thanked Kami that she didn't have any injuries beside what she had done to herself.
 
A short while later Nasume came back with the food as she set it down and left. Sesshomaru picked Kagome limp form in his arms as he cradle her against his chest. He started to caress her cheeks to see if he could wake her.
 
Kagome felt nice warm fingers starting to caress her cheeks. She slowly started to stir as she opened her eyes. When they focused she saw two very concerned golden ones. She was weak but her first concerns were for her pups as she asked, “Shippo, Tashi, where are they?”
 
“They are both safe. They are playing in the garden with Rin at the moment. Kagome I want you to drink this soup. It will help you to heal.” Said Sesshomaru with concern.
 
Kagome smiled when she heard that Shippo and Tashi were both safe as she agreed to drink the soup. Once she was done she was asleep, as she felt safe once again.
 
Sesshomaru held Kagome for a while. He had missed her scent and the warmth of her body next to his. He purred in contentment as he slowly rocked her back and forth in a soothing way until she fell into a deep sleep.
 
He noticed how late it was getting as he placed her on the bed and made sure that she was comfortable. He left to tend to the children that were running ramped in the gardens with a screaming Jaken after them.
 
He summoned Nasume and told her to keep an eye on the girl while he was gone. She was not to disturb Kagome from her sleep. Nasume understood his orders as she bowed and entered the room to keep the girl company while he was gone.
 
When Sesshomaru walked outside he spotted his dragon sitting off to the side, he approached it as he said, “Ah, Un, I want you to locate my brother and bring him here.” The dragon growled as it stood and spread his wings. It took off with speed to do its masters bidding.
 
Sesshomaru took all the children in with him as Jaken laid on the ground with a couple of big bruises on his head for calling them brats. He had them all feed and then had the pleasure of hearing Jaken complain about giving them all baths.
 
He put both boys in one room and said, “You two will stay in here. It will take Kagome at least a week to recover from her ordeal. Tashi, I will take you back home in the morning so be ready to leave.”
 
He turned to leave as Shippo stopped him and asked, “Lord Sesshomaru? How is my Mommy? Was she hurt really bad?”
 
Sesshomaru took a deep breath as he said, “No she wasn't hurt that bad. But she used a lot of her energy and must rest. I will let you see her in the morning.”
 
Shippo was happy to hear this as both boys laid down and got some much needed rest.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Yes Sesshomaru came and saved her even after everything she had said to him. Remember he still loves her and he wants to get back into her good graces again.
 
Inuyasha is still searching the forest for Kagome when Ah and Un come looking for him. He really doesn't want to go to his brother's castle at the moment knowing that he had lost his mate.
 
Kagome must come to a decision about Sesshomaru. She is still unsure if he will ever love her for the rest of her life. She is insecure in her abilities and she must work through all of these issues before she is truly happy. Who could blame her when all she has ever heard is how worthless she was in anything she did.
 
There is more to come so stay with me as you see them work through their problems.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!