InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 17
 
Sesshomaru was in his private quarters waiting for Ah and Un to come back with his brother. He knew that the dragon would find him it was just a matter of time.
 
He watched as Kagome slept. She was still the same and she didn't seem to be getting any better. He had told Nasume to bring small amounts of food up every two hours so he could get her to eat. With her not eating in a long time she couldn't stomach a whole meal at once. So he had to make sure she ate small amounts of food more often.
 
He got up as he removed his armor so he could get closer to Kagome. He didn't know how she would react to having him close to her but he had to find out. He crawled into bed as he snuggled next to her body. It was the first time in weeks that he had actually laid down in bed and relaxed.
 
He didn't touch her but he was as close to her as possible without waking her. He put his tail over her to keep her warm as she was shivering, with the tip of his tail resting upon her shoulder. He was close enough to her that his body heat was making her comfortable as she continued to sleep. He fell asleep as he was listening to the beat of her heart. It was a soothing noise as it lulled him into oblivion.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru opened his eyes the next morning. They were blurred at first but as he allowed them to focus, he noticed that something warm was against his chest. He looked down to find that Kagome had rolled in her sleep and had her arms rapped around his chest. He felt one of her legs over his like she was holding him to make sure that he didn't leave her.
 
His tail was wrapped around her body as it held her tight. He was in a bad situation no matter how you put it. He couldn't move without waking her from her sleep. She had effectively pinned him to the bed and he had to stay as still as possible to make sure he didn't wake her.
 
He was picking up the scent of his brother somewhere nearby. The dragon must have found him last night and brought him here.
 
Sesshomaru sighed he had to figure a way to get away from his mate so he could go and speak to his brother. First he removed his hands from around her body. She shivered when she felt the warmth pull away from her but she didn't wake up.
 
He then shifted so that he pulled his body away from her. Her grip tightened around his chest and he couldn't move any further away from her. He reached over and gently removed her arm from around his chest.
 
Kagome moaned as he froze in what he was doing. He was looking at her intently to see if she was waking up. When she settled down he continued. Slowly he moved her hand away from him as he settled it down in front of her while he moved his body back.
 
Now for the hard part, his tail was underneath her so it will be difficult to move. He got up on his knees as he searched for his pelt. He reached for it and brought it near him, as he got ready to move her.
 
He lifted her with his tail just a bit as he placed the pelt under her. Then he moved his tail back down until she was resting on top of it. Slowly he started to remove his tail from under her as he was pulling it out. He finally succeeded in getting his tail free as he moved away from the bed.
 
He stood as he looked at the girl. She was still asleep and resting comfortably. He turned as he got his armor back on and walked out of his room to go and see his brother. Once outside his room he called for Nasume and told her to stay with the girl.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was running through the forest searching for Kagome. She had left him back in the village under a sleeping spell. He had to fight long and hard until he was finally able to brake it. Once he was free he set out to find and protect her.
 
Inuyasha knew that if his brother ever found out that he had failed in his duty to protect her it would mean his life.
 
Kagome had become stronger since he had known her and ever since she had been with his brother she was stronger yet. He had followed her scent as she was heading toward the Western Lands.
 
He continued to race as he searched for her. He had thought that a couple of times he had found them but when he got to the area they were suppose to be in they weren't there. He growled his frustration as he continued to search.
 
It has been one week since he had last seen Kagome and Shippo. He hoped that they were all right as he continued his search. He was getting close to his brothers castle and he was getting worried the closer he got.
 
He stopped as he caught the scent of blood in the near distance. He quickly made his way toward that area thinking that it might be Kagome and she was in trouble. When he got to the clearing he saw four dead snake youkai. It looked like they had been torn to shreds as he walked around the area.
 
He caught a more familiar scent as he went in that direction. “That's Shippo's scent that I smell. But where is he?”
 
He continued to search the area when he picked up another scent. “Sesshomaru was here and if he was here then he has Kagome and Shippo. I hope that she is all right. I can't bear the thought of something happening to her.”
 
At that moment he heard a loud growl as he turned and looked into the sky. He saw Sesshomaru's dragonet coming toward him. The dragon landed right in front of him as it growled and showed him his back. The dragon wanted him to get on as he said, “No I don't need a ride. I can get there on my own.”
 
The dragon growled as it stepped forward and grabbed him by the back of his haori then took off at break neck speed to return to its master.
 
Inuyasha was struggling in the dragon's mouth as the head turned and put him on his back. He was flying with such speed that Inuyasha thought that he couldn't jump down to safety. So he settled down and let the dragon take him to his brother.
 
They made it to the castle in about 10 minutes. The dragon was fast as it would have taken him the rest of the night to get here. He slid off the dragon as he looked around the area.
 
He knew Shippo was here because his scent was everywhere. He could tell that everyone was asleep in the castle as he turned and started to make his way into the forest. He wanted to find a tree so he could rest.
 
Ah and Un seeing that Inuyasha was about to leave grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. They pulled him back towards them as they settled him right in the middle of their chest.
 
Inuyasha turned as he walked away from the dragon. He had only taken about three steps when he was picked up and dragged back toward the giant lizard. Inuyasha was pissed as he yelled, “What the fuck are you doing? Let go of me! I'm just going over to a tree so I can rest for a while. I'm not going anywhere you stupid lizard!!!”
 
Ah and Un didn't trust him. He already tried to get away from them, they both laid their heads down on the ground as they surrounded the hanyou with their necks.
 
Inuyasha couldn't believe that this giant lizard was not going to let him go. He sighed as he settled down and fell asleep in the dragons embrace.
 
In the morning Inuyasha's ears started to twitch as he heard something coming towards him. He tried to move and discovered that the dragon was not going to let him up just yet. He caught the scent of his brother and thanked the dragon for hiding him from his brother's wrath.
 
He knew that he could lose his life for failing in his life pledge. He waited he knew that it was just a matter of time before his brother found him and then he would have to face him.
 
Sesshomaru approached his pet as he caught the scent of his brother's fear. He knew he was in trouble with him but he couldn't blame him for what happened, his mate was bound and determine to go off on her own. This he already knew.
 
He stopped in front of the dragon as Ah and Un lifted their heads and moved it off to the side. They revealed his brother on the ground where they had him pinned all night.
 
Inuyasha looked up to see his brother standing before him. He lowered his ears and whimpered. The look in his brother's eyes told him everything. He was disappointed in him for not protecting his mate.
 
Sesshomaru looked at his brother with cold eyes. He loved to make his brother uncomfortable as he did this. He cleared his throat as he said, “Inuyasha, why were you not protecting my mate? I found her battling 5 snake youkai all by herself.”
 
Inuyasha tried to speak but he had lost his voice. He couldn't form any words to defend himself. He continued to look at the ground as he waited for him to kill him for not fulfilling his life pledge to him.
 
Sesshomaru waited but when his brother wouldn't answer his question he then said, “Don't worry Inuyasha, I know that Kagome has gotten a lot stronger than she was before. You almost found her a couple of times but she hid her aura and the kits from you. I want you to stay here and protect Kagome while I go and return a pup that she saved from the snake youkai.”
 
Inuyasha head quickly looked up from the ground as he heard what his brother was saying. He wasn't mad at him for not protecting his mate. He swallowed hard as he asked, “How do you know that I was close to finding them and what pup did she find?”
 
“Shippo told me that you had come close several times in finding her and she rescued a inu youkai pup from the snake youkai when he was about to eat him. She was heading for his village when the snakes friends came and attacked her. She had killed four of them by the time I got there as I took care of the last one.” Said Sesshomaru.
 
He turned as he started to make his way back into the castle. Inuyasha followed his brother as he continued to talk. “Kagome is in bad shape. She was not hurt during the battle but she has not eaten since the day she left your village. She is almost skin and bones and it will take some time for her to recover from this. I will leave Nasume to care for her but I want you to be close incase she gets out of hand and losses control of her temper.
 
I will not allow her to leave my chambers until she is able to walk on her own. I will take all of her clothes and make sure that I place a barrier that she can not break to get out.”
 
Sesshomaru had walked all the way into the dinning hall where he greeted his guest.
 
Shippo, when he saw Inuyasha, jumped from his seat as he came running towards him screaming, “INUYASHA!!!” He jumped into his arms as he gave him a big hug hello.
 
Inuyasha hugged the kit back when he held him in his arms. He had missed him as he asked, “Hey, how have you been Shippo? I haven't seen you in a while.”
 
“I'm fine Inuyasha. Kagome took really good care of me. We were having a lot of fun until the snake youkai attacked us. But Kagome was very strong she protected us with a barrier then she tried to fight with the snake that had us. He hurt her and she wouldn't get up.” Said Shippo with a sad note in his voice.
 
Inuyasha looked at the kit and said, “Don't worry Shippo she is going to be all right. She just needs some rest and its up to us to make sure she gets it all right?”
 
The kit agreed to his request as they all walked over to the dining table and sat down to eat. Sesshomaru just drank his tea as the rest of them ate the food that was brought out to them.

When everyone was done eating he told the children to go out and play until he was ready to leave to take Tashi back to his pack. The children ran out to play as Jakin trailed slowly behind them to keep them out of trouble.
 
Sesshomaru took his brother up to see Kagome. When they entered his chamber Nasume stood as she bowed low to her Lord. When Sesshomaru got closer he asked, “Has she awaken yet?”
 
“No milord, she is still asleep.” Said Nasume as she stood off to the side watching.
 
Inuyasha approached Kagome as he saw what she looked like. She had dark circles under her eyes and she was thin. It looked like she lost a lot of weight and he wondered how on earth she had been able to survive a week without food.
 
His brother had told him about her not wanting to clean any game that she caught and that's why she was like this. He had understood because the very first time he had gone out and killed their first meal together he had made the mistake of taking it back to camp without cleaning it first and she became violently ill. From that day forward he always made sure to clean his catch before he brought it back to camp.
 
Sesshomaru turned his attention to Nasume as he said, “This is my brother, Inuyasha. He will be here to assist you if Kagome gets too upset and can't control her powers. He is one of the few people that can calm her until I return.
 
She is not to leave this room. All of her meals are to be eaten in here and I want her to rest. I will put a barrier on the door and windows to make sure she doesn't leave. It will, however, allow you to leave to make sure you get out of her way.”
 
Nasume understood his instruction as she bowed and said, “Yes milord, I will do as you ask.”
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha left the room as they headed outside. They found the children as they were jumping on top of Jakin wanting a ride from him. They stopped as Sesshomaru said, “Tashi, its time to go.”
 
Tashi was not happy about leaving, he wanted to stay and play some more as he moved closer to him. Sesshomaru saw this as he said, “You can come back and visit anytime you want to play with Rin and Shippo.”
 
Tashi face lit up as he asked, “Really! I can come back and play with them anytime I want!”
 
“Yes, as long as your pack knows where you are at I have no problems with you coming to visit Rin and Shippo. I'm sure they would enjoy seeing you again.” Said Sesshomaru as he turned to his brother and said, “I should be back by this evening. Please keep an eye on Kagome for me.”
 
“I will brother. This time she will not be able to leave me behind.” Said Inuyasha with determination in his voice.
 
Tashi stood right next to Sesshomaru as he summoned his demon cloud. They took off into the air as they made their way toward Tashi village.
 
There was something that was burning in Sesshomaru mind and now that he had the pup by himself he turned to him and asked, “Tashi why were you the forest by yourself? You know better than to go off on your own away from your pack.” He caught the scent of the boys fear as he waited for an answer.
 
Tashi sighed as he said, “My mother was sick so she couldn't go out and hunt for food. I took it upon myself to go and hunt for us. I know she needs to eat in order to get better.
 
No one in the village will help us. Ever since my father died my mother has refused to pick another mate, so they cast us out. They let us live in the village but they don't protect us or help me get food for my mother.”
 
Sesshomaru took all of this in as he traveled to the boy's village. He saw it in the distance, as he was getting closer. He saw the village come alive as he approached. It was not often that he would visit one of the villages on his lands.
 
They all knew who he was and he got their respect. He landed in the middle of the village as all the youkai came out to greet him. They all bowed in his presence as the boy moved closer to him for some reason. He smelled fear coming from the boy as he looked at the youkai in front of him.
 
He could detect the hatred they held for the boy as he turned his attention to Tashi and asked, “Tashi, where is your mother?”
 
Tashi pointed toward a lone hut off in the distance, as it was set aside from the rest. He started to make his way toward that hut when one of the elders stepped forward and said, “Milord, welcome to our humble village. Would you not rest for a while before you start traveling again?”
 
Sesshomaru looked down his pointy nose as he turned his face stone cold. He was back in his element, as he said, “No, I have business with this boys mother and your keeping me from it.”
 
The elder faltered as he said, “But milord, why would you want to visit his wretched mother? She has been cast out from the village for refusing to accept another mate. You know this is our law.”
 
Sesshomaru growled and bared his fangs at what the elder had told him. They all backed away as he said, “Do you proceed to tell this Sesshomaru what the law are! I make the laws and I can break them if I see that they are not right.”
 
Everyone coward as they felt the anger of their Lord they didn't want to offend him as they offered him their apologies. Sesshomaru turned and walked away from the villagers as he made his way toward Tashi home.
 
When they finally got there Tashi ran forward as he was calling out to his mother.
 
Tashi mother came out of the old hut as she heard her son calling to her. She was happy that he was alive and well as she rushed forward and caught him in an embrace. She hugged her son to her chest as she pulled him away and asked, “Tashi, I have been so worried about you. Where have you been?”
 
Tashi pulled away from his mother's embrace as he said, “I was attacked in the forest by a snake youkai. A pretty ningen came and saved me and we were on our way here when we were attacked again. I was saved by Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Lands.”
 
At that moment Tashi mother realized that there was someone else standing there in front of her as she quickly got to her knees and bowed as she said, “Thank you milord for saving my son. He means the world to me and I don't know what I would have done without him.”
 
Sesshomaru saw the gratitude in her eyes as he said, “My intended was the one that protected him from danger. It's her you should be thanking not me.”
 
He looked at the female youkai as he asked, “Why were you cast out from the village? What have you done that was wrong for them to do this to you?”
 
The female youkai looked down at the ground as she said, “I refused to take another mate because he would not accept Tashi as his own. He would want me to get rid of him and I couldn't do that. I love my pup and I will not give him up for any male.”
 
These words rung loud and clear in his head as they came back to haunt him, `These are the same words that Kagome told me. She would not give up the kit for any male. If anyone wanted to be her mate then they would have to accept her pup as well.'
 
Another thought came to his mind as he looked up and asked, “I want to know, if you found an orphaned pup in the forest that needed protecting because his parents were dead would you protect it as your own and take it in?”
 
Tashi mother thought on this for a few minutes. She turned as she looked at her son and said, “Yes, I would. If I were to leave this world then I would have the satisfaction of knowing that someone would protect him for me as I would protect someone else's pup.”
 
“Would you care if they were human?” asked Sesshomaru with curiosity.
 
“No I wouldn't care if they were human or demon. They are children, it's not there fault that they were brought into this world. We have a right to protect them and make sure that they grow up happy. That way when they are older they will do the same for someone else.”
 
Sesshomaru understood more now than he ever did before. He turned to the female youkai as he asked, “Would you like to leave this village?”
 
Tashi mother looked up from the ground as she stared in awe and responded, “Yes I would but I have no place to go and it's dangerous out there in the forest at night. I'm not that strong to protect my pup.”
 
“You can come and work at my castle and you may bring the pup with you. You will be protected there and the pup will get to play with mine. They are already friends and I'm sure that they would like to have him back at the castle.” Said Sesshomaru as he looked to see what she would do.
 
Tashi mother was honored as she said, “Yes milord. I would be honored to work for you.”
 
“Then gather your things we will leave as soon as you're done.” His expression remained cold as he walked away from the female youkai. He had gotten soft since he had meet Kagome and this was not good. He still needed to instill fear in his kingdom to keep them all in line.
 
He waited only a few minutes for her to return as he summoned his demon cloud and left the village with Tashi and his mother. The village looked on at what just happened. He had taken the female that had been cast out of the village for refusing to mate again.
 
They all knew why she wouldn't take another mate, as the male would not accept another's pup. She would have to kill the pup before she would take a mate and she was not willing to do this.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome's mind was slowly waking up to reality. The fog of sleep was slowly being lifted from her mind as she started to stir. She felt that she was lying on something very soft as she ran her fingers through the fur.
 
It was nice and soft. She thought that it might be Sesshomaru as her hand reached out to touch him. To her surprise she didn't find a warm body next to her like she had found during the night.
 
She slowly opened her eyes as she tried to get them into focus. She noticed that she was in a big room. It was very well furnished as her eyes were focusing even more. She was on a big bed and she was lying on Sesshomaru's pelt.
 
She noticed in an instant that she didn't have any clothes on as she pulled the sheets closer to her chest and sat up in bed.
 
She looked around the room and found a female inu youkai sitting there looking at her.
 
Her mind had not fully cleared and her emotions were out of control at the moment as she asked, “Where am I? And who are you?”
 
Nasume immediately got to her feet and bowed as she said, “I'm sorry milady for staring at you. I have been assigned to take care of you until you are well. Would you like something to eat?”
 
“No, I don't want anything to eat. I want my clothes so I can leave this place.” Kagome said with anger in her voice. She didn't want to be here and she couldn't leave without any clothes.
 
Nasume was shaking in fear as she said, “I'm sorry milady but I can not honor your request. Lord Sesshomaru pacifically stated that you were not to leave this room and that you needed to rest. I was to bring your food here so you can eat.”
 
Kagome's anger started to grow. She knew that she was in Sesshomaru's castle. She didn't want to be here at the moment and he had effectively made sure that she couldn't leave.
 
Nasume started to back away from the young ningen. She could see her aura growing stronger the more silent she remained. She needed to leave so she could get Inuyasha and have him deal with her. She didn't want to die today. She turned and with great speed she left the room making her way outside to find her Lords brother.
 
Kagome was sitting on the bed thinking, she wanted to leave this place with Shippo. Her anger was so great that it was feeding her body with energy so she could move. She got up while she was wrapping the sheet around her body to keep her covered as she went to the door. She reached for the handle on the door as a powerful barrier came up and blocked her from touching it.
 
Kagome became enraged that she was locked in the room. She went toward the window and noticed that the room was not that high off the ground and that she could easily jump down. She went to open the window and found the same kind of barrier was preventing her from leaving this place.
 
Kagome's rage peaked as she let go of some of her miko powers and sent toward the door. She was breathing hard when she noticed that the barrier was still there and she was effectively trapped for now. `How can this barrier be stronger than my spiritual powers?' She thought.
 
She went back to bed as she sat alone in the silence of the room and tried to regain control of her emotions that were causing her powers to surge.
 
 
!oOo~
 
Inuyasha had been outside playing with Shippo and Rin. He was currently leaping from tree branch to tree branch with two very excited pups on his back. They were giggling and laughing as he went along.
 
He stopped on a branch as he felt a strong presence in the area. He recognized it at once and knew that Kagome was awake and she was very angry. He leaped from the tree as he landed softly on the ground. He kneeled as he put the pups down.
 
The children complained that they wanted to ride some more but Inuyasha quickly put that idea to rest as he said, “That's all for now. I will give you guys another ride later. I have to go and check on Kagome. You two stay out here and play for a while. Make sure that you stay out of trouble, all right.”
 
Rin and Shippo relented as they agreed to his request. They took off into the garden to play as Jaken followed closely behind them.
 
Inuyasha was making his way into the castle when he ran into Nasume. He could see the fear in her eyes as she said, “Lord Inuyasha! The ningen is awake and is demanding that I bring her some clothes so she can leave.”
 
Inuyasha growled he knew something like this was going to happen. He just hoped that his brother would return soon so he could calm his mate because he didn't know if he could still do it. He took a deep breath as he said, “Don't worry Nasume, I will take care of this. Could you please bring her a tray of food so she can eat.”
 
Nasume bowed deeply as she said, “Yes, Lord Inuyasha.” She left quickly to do what he had asked of her.
 
Inuyasha got himself together for what he needed to do as he went toward her room. He was standing outside her door as he took a deep breath and entered. He looked around the room as he was looking for Kagome. He found her sitting on the bed with the sheet wrapped tightly around her body.
 
He walked into the room heading to where she was sitting. He felt her anger and stopped his approach for fear of getting attacked. He didn't know what was wrong as he said, “Kagome?”
 
Kagome felt when someone else came walking into the room. She wanted to be left alone. She was being held against her will and she wanted to leave. Her anger was getting the best of her as she looked up at the person that entered the room.
 
She saw Inuyasha standing there as she said, “Inuyasha, I want to leave this place. I want my clothes back.”
 
Inuyasha didn't miss the anger in her voice as he said, “Kagome, you can't leave just yet. Your body has been through hell in the last week and you need to recuperate. You need to eat and rest so you can get better.”
 
Kagome's anger flared as she sent a bolt of her miko powers toward Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha moved quickly out of the way to avoid her attack as he looked at her in disbelief. He never would have guess that she could attack him. He growled as he yelled, “How in the hell are you going to leave here when you can't even stand on your own two feet!!! You have not eaten in a week and your so damn skinny that it's pathetic.
 
You're supposed to be the smart one here, Kagome. What would Shippo say if he saw you like this right now? How about I bring him here so he can really see you. I can break the spell you have cast on him so he can really see what his mother has done to herself just so she could feed her pup.
 
How would that make him feel? To know that he was the cause of you looking like this because you can't even clean what you hunt.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big, as she said, “NO!! You can't bring him up here. I don't want him to know what I did. That's why I cast the spell on him. I didn't want him to see what was happening to me.”
 
Kagome was in tears now as she was shaking in fear. If Shippo saw her like this then he would blame himself for her being this way. She couldn't help if she was weak. She never had to clean a dead animal before. She had only done it a few times and she had gotten sick after each time that she couldn't eat the meat.
 
Inuyasha moved closer to her as he saw her crying. He finally reached her as he wrapped his arms around her slender form. He offered her some comfort as he rubbed her back to make her calm down.
 
His ears turned toward the door when he heard a knock on the door and Nasume walked in with a tray of food for Kagome. She placed it on the table next to the bed before she left the room.
 
Inuyasha turned to Kagome and said, “Kagome you have to eat. You have to regain the strength that you have lost.”
 
Kagome heard his words and relented. She agreed to eat the food and stay in bed as long as he didn't bring Shippo to see her this way.
 
Inuyasha agreed as he brought the tray closer to her. He saw as she reached for her food with a shaky hand. They sat there together while she ate her food. When she was finally done he removed the tray as he laid her back down to rest.
 
Kagome quickly fell asleep as she allowed herself to get healed. She didn't want her son to see her like this and she wanted to get better as soon as possible so she could leave. She didn't want to stay anywhere that didn't want her pup.
 
Inuyasha finally left the room when he felt that Kagome was asleep. When he walked out of the room he gave a big sigh of relief that he had somehow survived her attack.
 
Inuyasha saw Nasume and said, “She has eaten her food and she is now asleep. Hopefully when she wakes up she will have some control over her powers. I want you to stay with her and if she losses control again please let me know.”
 
Nasume understood his instructions as she went back to watching the girl. She was sitting in a chair, as she stared at the ningen and thought, `This ningen is different from all the other ningen I have meet. She doesn't back down from anyone and she is very powerful. I know that she is a miko but she is different. She keeps talking in her sleep as she calls the kitsune `pup' that is outside playing with Rin.
 
I know that Lord Inuyasha was able to calm her down and I'm grateful because if he didn't then I would have failed Lord Sesshomaru. He had asked me to take care of the girl.' She continued to sit and watch her until Lord Sesshomaru's return.
 
~oOo~
 
The whole way back to his castle Sesshomaru didn't even speak to the female youkai that was sitting on his cloud with her pup. He was deep in thought as he traveled back.
 
`Everything this female said is what Kagome had told me over a week ago. It must be a female instinct that tells them to protect the young. It doesn't matter if she was the birth mother or not the instinct was still there.' He thought as they continued to travel.
 
He could see the logic on why she wouldn't mate. He would expect Kagome to do the same thing if something was to happen to him. He expected her to protect her pups and that other males would have to wait.
 
He knew that other males would never accept another males pup for they would get in the way of the female having more pups. As long as a female had pups to take care of they would not go into heat. This would make the male feel threatened and the only way to get to the female was to kill the pup.
 
He also knew that females were very protective and would not allow another male to kill any of her pups. She would die first than to allow another male to touch them.
 
It was late in the evening when he finally made it back to his castle. He summoned one of his servants as he told her to take the female youkai and her pup and find suitable quarters for her.
 
He was walking toward his room when he was meet by his brother. He was standing by the door of the room as he turned in his direction.
 
Inuyasha caught the scent of his brother as he stood on his feet waiting for him to arrive. When he saw him he was relieved to have him back. When his brother stopped in front of him he said, “Sesshomaru, we have been having problems with Kagome. She woke up this morning and she almost attacked Nasume.
 
She came to get me and when I went in to see her, she attacked me with her spiritual powers. I was able to dodge it as I tried to reason with her to stay here. She almost lost complete control of her powers and I had to threaten to bring Shippo up here so he could see what she really looks like.
 
She finally calmed down and ate her food but it has been like this all day. She still wants to leave this place and if you didn't set up this barrier she would be gone right now.”
 
Sesshomaru took all this in as he braced himself. He could tell that she was awake as he asked, “Has she eaten her evening meal yet?”
 
Inuyasha shook his head as he said, “No, Nasume did bring up a tray for her but she has refused to touch it.”
 
Sesshomaru said his thanks to his brother as he entered his room. He saw his mate sitting on the bed with the food sitting on the low table next to the bed. He approached her as he saw her move away from him.
 
This was not good as he sat on the edge of the bed. He looked at her from the corner of his eye. She was staring off into space as he said, “Kagome, you must eat to regain your strength.”
 
Kagome blinked her eyes as they focus on the demon sitting next to her. She squared her shoulders as she said, “Sesshomaru, you have no right to keep me here. I want to leave.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow to her as he said, “I have every right to keep you here. You almost died because you wouldn't feed yourself in order to feed the pups.
 
But I have one question for you Kagome, what would've happened to Shippo if you had died?
 
Who would take care of him? You say that he is your pup but no mother would leave her pup abandoned to fend for himself. By you not eating you were about to make him an orphan again. Do you think that wouldn't have affected him in anyway? Do you think he would have understood why you did things this way?
 
I assure you that he wouldn't understand. Plus unless you can stand on your own two feet without anyone's help you are not leaving this room. You will stay here until you recover from your ordeal because if you want the jewel shards back then you will have to fight me for them, Kagome. I will not let you have them so easily.”
 
Kagome heard his words and became enraged. She let go of her powers as she tried to hurt Sesshomaru. He quickly moved as she missed him, but just barely.
 
Sesshomaru became enraged as he went after her. She was weak and couldn't put up a fight as he pinned her to bed. He was on top of her as he had her by the neck. He looked straight into her eyes as he said, “You're going to have to do better than that if you wish to hurt me Kagome. You are weak and easily defeated. How do you expect to leave here when you can't even get out of this bed?”
 
Kagome was not about to give up as she retorted, “Let go of me you fucking bastard! All I want are the shards then I will leave. I'm not staying anywhere were my pup is not wanted!”
 
Sesshomaru leaned down, as he was mire inches from her lips. He could feel her hot breath hitting his face as he said, “If I didn't accept Shippo as my own pup he would have been dead by now. He is safe here with us and Tashi is with his mother now. Do you really think so little of me that I would kill an innocent pup to get to his mother?”
 
Kagome rage slowly started to go away as she relaxed in his grip. His hand loosened around her neck as he saw her close her eyes and concentrate. She was still breathing hard as she said, “Tashi is with his mother now?”
 
“Yes, I found out that she had been cast out from the pack because she refuses to mate with another. She will not give up her pup for any male. I have brought her back here so they would be protected and keep her pup.” Said Sesshomaru as he saw the change in the girl's features. He saw them soften as she finally realized what he had said.
 
Kagome was deep in thought as she opened her eyes and looked at the demon that was on top of her. He still had her pinned to the bed and was not about to let her go anytime soon. She sighed as she looked away from him and said, “I'm sorry, but you have to understand my feelings for Shippo. He is like my son and I will not abandon him.
 
He has already been through too much in his life and I wish to make him happy. I know that I will never see him grow into an adult but I want to make what few years I have left wonderful ones. No child deserves to be abandon to live a life of misery.”
 
Sesshomaru removed his hand from around her neck as he placed it on her chin so he could turn her toward him. He couldn't wait any longer. Her sweet lips were calling out to him as he leaned down and kissed her.
 
They kissed long and hard until he felt her weakening and pulled away from her sweet lips. He knew that she was still weak as he got off her and said, “You must eat. You need to regain your strength.”
 
Kagome relented she knew she couldn't do anything until she got her strength back and that meant she had to eat. As soon as she put some weight back on she should be able to handle her powers again. She nodded her agreement, for now she would eat and get stronger. Once this was done she would get the jewel shards back from him and then she could leave.
 
Sesshomaru helped her to sit as he brought her food tray closer so she could reach it. She was tired as she slowly started to eat. Just using that small amount of power on Sesshomaru had left her drained.
 
She slowly ate her food as she was having a hard time trying to stay awake. Sesshomaru would shake her so she could continue and she did. Once she was finally done eating she fell asleep in Sesshomaru arms.
 
Sesshomaru moved her so she could rest. He had to give her credit she was powerful but she had left herself so weak that she couldn't effectively attack. He removed his armor as he lay down next to her. He pulled her into his embrace and let out a sigh of contentment. He had now gotten through to her and she will eat her food. Now all he had to do was be ready for the day she would challenge him for the jewel shards.
 
He didn't want the jewel shards, he didn't need them, but it was the only way to keep her here with him until she recovered.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I have a valid reason to making Kagome this emotional. With everything that Inuyasha has told her over the years, saying that she is worthless and always needing to be protected, it makes her think she is not worthy to be Sesshomaru's mate. She knows he needs a powerful mate to rule the Western Lands with.
 
She battles with her emotions to prove to herself that she can be this mate. But she is still waiting for Sesshomaru to tell her something and until he does she fells used. That he doesn't really care about her and only wants her to give him an heir.
 
I hope this clears up a lot of things about the story, because this line of thought is going to continue until Sesshomaru comes to his senses and tells her what she wants to hear.
 
Sesshomaru has to adjust to a lot of things very quickly. He has never had to care about anyone but himself before. With Kagome coming into his life he has to start showing her that he is willing to protect her like a real mate along with her pup.
 
Kagome comes to see Sesshomaru in a whole new light. She is willing to work with him in order to sort out her feeling for him. The trials are going to continue for every relationship has its ups and downs. Of course it takes years for all this to happen but the story is moving a little faster because of the time limit placed by the laws.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!