InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 19
 
It had taken another week before Kagome had her full strength back. She had regained all of the weight that she had lost while she traveled to the Western Lands.
 
She got up before the break of dawn, as she would slowly leave Sesshomaru's embrace to get dressed. She could leave the room now that the barrier was down, to go into the field that the pups use play in. She started her morning exercises with her sword, as she would go through her routine.
 
When she was done she was ready to start her training. She knew that Sesshomaru would not train with her again. He was getting prepared for when she challenged him for the jewel shards.
 
Her heart saddens at the thought, when she finally went after him for the shards she would leave this place never to return. She wished that he would tell her that he loved her and that would make all the difference in the world. She wouldn't even hesitate to stay here with him as long as he loved her.
 
She shook her head as she stopped her train of thought, `He's never going to accept me for who I am and he is incapable of saying that he loves me. Demons never show their emotions no matter what.'
 
Kagome had made great strides with Shippo as he showed her his love. She would enjoy his affections until he got too old to hold in her arms. She had to chuckle at this thought, in her eyes he will never be too old for a hug or to hold him in her embrace.
 
She felt him watching her from a distance as she sighed. She knew that she would always be watched no matter what. She took a deep breath as she said, “Inuyasha, I know that you are watching me. Why don't you come out and join me in some training? I could use a sparing partner.”
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was in his room when he picked up Kagome's scent in the hallway. His room was in the same wing as Sesshomaru. He was located at the very beginning so he could sense anyone entering the wing.
 
He quickly got up and dressed, as he followed her scent out of the castle. She was heading for the field where the pups would play all day. He jumped in a tree as he watched what she was doing.
 
Kagome was starting to train again and that meant that soon she would challenge Sesshomaru for the shards. He hated this because he didn't know what the outcome would be once they fought.
 
He could be lucky enough that she would leave his brother and not be his mate. Then he would have a chance at making her his mate. But he had given his life pledge to his brother and he was honor bound to stay with him. So if his brother lost her so would he.
 
He sighed life sucked and he was right in the middle of it. He continued to watch her as she continued to do her warm up exercises. She was graceful in the way she moved. She was a thing of beauty just to watch, she moved with elegance as she moved the sword skillfully around her body.
 
She had finally regained all of her weight back and she looked gorgeous. He kept his senses opened to make sure that she was protected. He sensed the sadness that was coming from her and he knew what was wrong. She still loved his brother but he was being stubborn in not telling her how he really felt about her.
 
He would have to speak to him about this. If he didn't confess his true feelings for her then he will lose her just like he did. He didn't want him to make the same mistakes that he had made. He knew that he made her happy and that's all the mattered to him.
 
He was brought out of his musing when he heard Kagome talking to him. He thought about her request as he jumped from the tree he was in and made his way towards her.
 
He stopped once he reached her as he said, “I don't think that's a very good idea Kagome. Sesshomaru could get upset if he thinks I'm attacking you.”
 
Kagome huffed as she said, “Don't worry Inuyasha I will put a barrier up that he can't break and this will protect you. I will talk to him later if it will make you feel any better. I want someone to spar with so I can get stronger. I will never be able to get the jewel shards back from Sesshomaru if I don't start practicing again.”
 
Inuyasha saw the longing in her eyes to train again as he relented and gave in to her request. He pulled his sword from its sheath but didn't transform it as he said, “All right I will spar with you. I won't transform my sword until I feel that you are strong enough to handle the power it possess.”
 
Kagome agreed as they began training. She was moving slow. She was not up to her usual speed as she continued to train. They finally stopped about two hours later as she was tired and wanted to rest and bathe before the children got up for the day.
 
She thanked Inuyasha for helping her as he smiled weakly at her and then walked her back to the castle. As soon as Kagome let the barrier go down there was a rush and a feral growl that was heard as Kagome stepped right in front of Inuyasha to protect him.
 
She knew who it was as he stopped just a few feet away from them with his claws ready to attack. She was protecting Inuyasha as he was on his knees apologizing to his brother.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was almost in a fit of rage when he had woken up to find that Kagome was gone from his side. He felt her in the near distance as the clash of swords was being heard in the area. He knew that she was being attacked as he became enraged that someone had gotten into his castle and had managed to break through his barrier.
 
He rushed outside to see if he could protect her when he came upon her barrier that he couldn't break. He had picked up his brother scent and knew that he was the one attacking his mate as he went into a blood rage.
 
His eyes had turned blood red as he was trying to break down the barrier. He had been trying to break through for two hours now and he was getting angrier by the minute. When the barrier finally came down he rushed in wanting to kill the one that was attacking his mate.
 
To his surprise his mate was protecting him and he had to stop before he hurt her. His demon knew his mate and didn't want to hurt her in anyway. He was growling as he saw his brother on the ground whimpering his apologies to him.
 
Kagome put a protect barrier around Inuyasha to keep him safe. She knew that he would not attack his brother not even to defend himself. His life pledge would prevent him from doing anything to save his life if his brother became enraged at him.
 
Kagome walked over to her mate as she stood in front of him and said, “Sesshomaru, I don't want you to hurt Inuyasha. He only did as I requested. I wanted someone to spar with and he gave in to my request knowing that it would displease you.
 
He obeyed my orders so he should not be punished for the things he did. If you want to punish someone then punish me for telling him to do it.”
 
Sesshomaru blood rage was still at its peak as he was eyeing his brother. He heard his mate's words but his demon side wouldn't let him back down and not hurt his brother for attacking her.
 
Kagome noticed that Sesshomaru would not back down from his rage as she walked toward him. She reached out with her hand as she started to caress his cheek with her fingers.
 
Sesshomaru jumped when he felt someone touch his cheek as he moved away from her. He started to sense his mate near him as he started to calm down from his rage.
 
Again Kagome reached out to touch her mate as her fingers caressed his markings. She knew that they were very sensitive as she finally saw his eyes close as she continued with her actions.
 
Kagome finally got Sesshomaru to calm down as she stepped up to his body and started to lick his neck. He started to purr at what she was doing to him as she whispered in his ear, “Do you want to join me in the hot springs?”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes snapped open as they were back to normal. He looked at his mate and then saw his brother on his knees whimpering. He turned his attention to Kagome as he growled, “What is the meaning of this? Why was he attacking you?”
 
Kagome sighed as she said, “Sesshomaru he was not attacking me. He was helping me train since I know that you will not train with me anymore. You are my rival for the jewel shards and I'm determined to get them from you. I have asked Inuyasha to help me train. You have no right to attack him for doing something that I requested. Plus he never transformed his sword. He knew that I was not strong enough to defend myself against it.”
 
Sesshomaru heard what Kagome had said to him. He couldn't blame his brother for doing something that the lady of the Western Lands asked of him. He was honored bound to do as she requested except leave her unprotected. This was the only request that he was allowed to disobey.
 
He took a deep breath as he said, “Very well, I will give Inuyasha permission to train with you. You are correct in your reasoning that I will not train with you anymore until we have fought for the jewel. I will be ready when that time comes.”
 
Sesshomaru turned on his heals and left the field as he made his way toward his dojo. He was still pissed but he could do nothing to his brother. He had done what his mate requested of him even though he knew that it would anger him. He couldn't ask anymore of his brother than to obey her wishes.
 
Kagome watched as Sesshomaru stormed away from her as he made his way into the dojo. Her expression saddened that he had left her in the clearing. She had asked him a question and he never took her up on her offer. She sighed as she thought, `we're rivals now until the time that I claim the jewel shards from him. I know that he will not touch me ever again. It was fun while it lasted.'
 
Kagome sighed as she turned around and looked at Inuyasha. He was still on the ground with his head down as she said, “Inuyasha? Are you all right? He has given his consent for you to train with me from now on.”
 
Inuyasha had heard everything that his brother had said. He knew that he was going to be in trouble once they had finished their training. He had never seen his brother go into a blood rage like that before, he had actually been terrified of him and feared that he would be killed for his actions. If it had not been for Kagome he knew that he would be dead right now.
 
He heard Kagome's words and he heard the hurt in her voice. She was hurt that Sesshomaru had treated her this way. He looked up into her blue eyes and saw the sadness in them. His brother had hurt her deeply and he knew it.
 
He nodded his head agreeing that he had heard her remark. At least now he was assured that he wouldn't be killed for sparring with her. He saw as Kagome turned and walked slowly back to the castle. The sadness that surrounded her aura was thick, he knew he had to do something or else his brother will lose her.
 
He got up from the ground as he watched Kagome entered the castle, once she was inside he made his way over to the dojo. He entered as he saw his brother taking out his rage on a target as he shredded it to pieces.
 
He stepped in as he stood his ground; he had to reason with his brother before he made the same mistakes he did.
 
He was brought out of his musing as he found himself hitting the dojo floor with his brother on top of him growling. He didn't move for that was the fastest way for his brother to attack him as he lay there on the ground.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had been trying to calm down from what happened this morning. He knew that he couldn't blame his brother for what his mate had requested. But it still made him furious that his own brother wanted to attack his mate. He had almost gained control when he caught his brother's scent in the dojo. He turned and pinned him to the ground as he gave a vicious growl.
 
He saw that his brother wouldn't move as he stayed perfectly still. His eyes started to return to normal as he finally realized what he was doing. He let his brother go as he asked, “What are you doing in here? You know better than to come here when my demon side is still aggravated at what happened this morning.”
 
Inuyasha took a deep breath as he said, “I needed to talk to you. I don't want you to make the same mistake I did when I lost Kagome to you. If you don't tell her soon that you love her she will not stay when she gets the jewel shards back from you. She is weak right now but in a few weeks she will be back to her normal strength. You hurt her deeply when you walked away from her this morning and didn't even look at her.”
 
Sesshomaru released his brother as he thought about what he had said. Then he remembered Kagome's offer as he realized his mistake. He took off into the castle to see if he could find her in the hot springs.
 
When he walked in he was frantically looking for her but she was not in there. He caught her scent and it was still fresh as he ran to his room to see if she was there. When he walked in she was not there as he saw Nasume carrying her things. He growled, “Where are you going with my mates clothes?”
 
Nasume froze when she saw her Lord standing there looking at her with almost blood red eyes. She was shaking in fear as she said, “Excuse me milord but Lady Kagome has moved into another room in the west wing. She asked for me to bring her thing to her.”
 
Nasume saw the hurt in his eyes as he waved her off so she can continue with her duties. She quickly left the room not wanting to be there if he let go of the anger he held.
 
Sesshomaru was pissed. He had driven her away from his chambers with his actions. His demon was raging inside, as he demanded that he go get his mate back. He growled viciously as he said to it, “It's your fault for not listening to what she requested. If you hadn't been in a blood rage about killing Inuyasha then we would have been enjoying her taste right now.
 
It's your fault that she's gone so now we must wait to defeat her for the jewel. If she wins we will lose her forever.”
 
His demon calmed as he saw the logic of his words. He quickly settled down and let his other half take care of the mess that he had created and it was indeed a big mess right now. The girl feels that he has rejected her and now she will refuse to be his mate.
 
He turned on his heals as he left his room. He couldn't stand to be in there anymore without his mate. He went back to the dojo as he began to train again. He had to be ready for when Kagome came for the jewel.
 
It was a fight for dominance not for the jewel shards. He will defeat her and make her submit to him as the alpha of his pack. This is the way it has been for centuries when the alpha male selects a mate he must make her submit to his dominance.
 
It was the only way that the female would know that the mate would be strong enough to protect her. If the male was weak then the female will never mate with him and she will go looking for another male.
 
Yes he was using the jewel shards to keep her here until they fought but the battle was still the same. It's still a fight for dominance and he would win her and keep her as his mate. She will never be able to refuse him as mate as long as he was stronger than her and can show her that he can and will protect her.
 
All this was running through Sesshomaru's mind as he continued to train. His spells were almost perfect and he had a mate that was waiting for him to defeat her.
 
~oOo~
 
It had taken two weeks to the day for Kagome to recover enough to be back to full strength. It had been a hard two weeks. She had moved out of Sesshomaru's room because he had indicated that he was not interested in her anymore. She knew that this would happen one day but she had enjoyed his attention while it lasted.
 
She had not seen Sesshomaru during that time. He had been avoiding her and she didn't know why. She wanted to see him even if it was just to say hello or goodbye. She had especially missed his presence at night while she slept. She still loved him but she knew that he would never return that love.
 
Inuyasha had been helping her train for the last two weeks. He was true to his word, as he never transformed the Tetsusaiga until she was ready to handle its power. Once this was done she felt exhilarated. She was beginning to feel that her powers were coming back and she had full control over them from the very beginning.
 
When she finally defeated Inuyasha in a fight she knew she was ready to beat Sesshomaru for the jewel shards.
 
She left her room this morning as she made her way to the field to get warmed up. She knew where Sesshomaru was located because she could sense him in the dojo. He had not left the dojo for over two weeks now.
 
She was worried about his health as Nasume told her that he wouldn't come into the castle for any reason.
 
Rin was starting to miss her Lord as she started to mope around the castle. Kagome hated to see her like this and she knew that she was to blame for what was happening. Rin couldn't understand what was happening between her Okaa and Otou.
 
He was like a father to her since he protected her like a father would a daughter. She thought of Kagome as her mother for she was always there for her and tended to her every need like a mother.
 
Rin was very smart for her age and she knew that something was not right between her parents.
 
Even Shippo was picking up on this as he too was wondering why everything that seemed to be going so well had suddenly gone wrong.
 
He was afraid to approach his mother on this issue for he knew not to get in the way of what was going on. He wanted to see his mother happy again and that was not going to happen until she got back together with Sesshomaru.
 
Once Kagome was done with her warm up exercises she made her way over to the dojo. The time had come to face Sesshomaru for the jewel shards and it was time for her to leave. She would hate to leave Rin behind but she didn't have a choice in the matter.
 
She stopped at the door as she took a deep breath and released it. She was as ready as she was going to be as she took another deep breath and walked into the dojo. She held her head high and was very determined to get her shards back from him.
 
When she finally made it into the dojo she was surprised at what she saw. The place was beautiful as it had a calming feeling to it. There was no furniture in the dojo as there was a big open space in the middle to allow freedom of movement for attacks.
 
On the walls there were all manner of weapons that sat there for anyone to use. She knew how to use about half of them because she had used them at his sanctuary before. She had never seen the other weapons that were there as she stared in awe at the place.
 
Suits of armor were spaced around the dojo that represented a different part of Sesshomaru's heritage. It was like a memorial to his ancestors as she continued to look around.
 
She was brought out of her thoughts as she heard a growl of warning being given. She froze as she turned to where the growl was coming from. She saw a figure that was standing in the dark recesses of the dojo. She knew it was Sesshomaru as she approached him.
 
His growls became more insistent as she stopped and said, “Sesshomaru? Is that you? Come out where I can see you.”
 
She waited until she saw the figure moving. He was still keeping to the dark recesses of the dojo as she followed his movements. She saw him stop as she waited for his next move.
 
It came as a powerful attack as she quickly moved out of the way to avoid it.
 
Sesshomaru saw as the girl avoided his attack. He knew why she was here as it was time for them to face off. It was time that he got his future mate to submit to him as her superior and the alpha of the pack.
 
It was common knowledge that the males and females would fight to see if the males were strong enough to protect the females. He didn't think that he would have to do this with her but he had guessed wrong. He growled as he said, “What do you want here wench?”
 
Kagome stood her ground as she heard the anger in his voice. She now knew that she was going to have a fight on her hands as his demon was slowly taking over the Sesshomaru that she knew and loved. She squared her shoulders as she said, “I have come for the jewel shards. Give them to me and then I will leave you to your self pity.”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled at her comment as he said, “You will have to fight me to get them ningen and if you win then I will hand them over to you. But if you lose to me I want something from you.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big when she heard his request. She knew that there would be something that he would want if she lost the fight to him as she asked, “What do you want if you should win this fight?”
 
She heard him breath deeply as he growled, “You will consent to be my mate. I want you to be at my side for all eternity.”
 
Kagome almost heard the hurt in his voice as he continued to growl. She knew that something was wrong with him as she tried to figure out what it was. No one had seen him in over two weeks not even Inuyasha had been allowed to come into the dojo to talk to him.
 
Kagome had an idea as she said, “I want to see you, come out so we can face each other. I don't like talking to shadows.”
 
She saw as Sesshomaru moved from the shadows and slowly started to walk towards her. He stopped just a few feet away from her as her eyes went wide with disbelief.
 
His eyes were blood red, his hair was a mess and it looked like he had not slept since he has been in here. His clothes were dirty, unbecoming of the great Lord to the Western Lands. She had never seen him in this state before as she said, “Sesshomaru, what happened to you? I have never seen you like this.”
 
Sesshomaru growled he had no desire to get into a conversation with the ningen as he said, “It doesn't matter. Do you agree to the terms of the battle or not?”
 
Kagome had to think fast. She didn't want to leave him like this. She wanted to be with him but he didn't love her. “Why do you want me for a mate? I'm a ningen as you so thoughtfully keep reminding me. I'm a weak human not worth the dirty you walk upon.
 
Your only wish is to have me bare a pup for the Western Lands. I told you a long time ago that I will only mate with someone that will love me for the rest of my life. I don't want to be used and then be thrown away like garbage once my usefulness is over.
 
I will never bring a pup into this world where it would never be loved by its parents. It deserves to be happy. I don't want it to have the life like I had when I was growing up.”
 
Tears were coming out of her eyes as she said this. It had been a long time since she had even thought about her father. He had died a long time ago when she was very young. She remembered her mother's tears, as she would cry herself to sleep at night. It was a feeling that she never wanted to give her children.
 
She looked up at the demon standing in front of her as the tears were running down her cheeks. She took a deep breath to control her emotions as she said, “Fine, I agree to your terms on one condition. If I win the fight I get the jewel shards and you are never to come near me again. You will have no claim on me and I will live my life the way I want to live it. If you were to find me wounded on the ground and dying you are not to use Tenseiga to revive me. I wish to die.”
 
Sesshomaru was shaken to the core at her request. He wanted her to be his mate and she wanted to die. His true self was starting to gain control over the youkai. He had to have control or he would lose her because of him.
 
He went down to his hands and knees as he was panting hard. He finally had control as he growled and asked, “Why? Why would you make such a request of this Sesshomaru not to save you if you were dying? I can never let you die. You mean everything to me and I won't let you die.”
 
Kagome finally saw that the Sesshomaru that she loved emerged as he gained control over his demon blood. She heard his question as she said, “Why would I want to live when the only one that I truly love can't return the love that I freely give him? You deserve someone that is strong to stand by your side. I have almost killed you with my powers because I can't control them.
 
My emotions are great and I know that demons don't like emotions. I'm sorry but I'm an emotional human female and this is who I am. I can't change who I am and the person that I will mate with will have to accept me that way.”
 
Sesshomaru heard the girl's words and it tore him to the core. He had to win this fight or he will lose her forever and he was not willing for this to happen. He wanted her and he didn't know how to tell her that she was the person he had been waiting for all his life.
 
He stood as he got himself together. He looked into her tear soaked eyes as he said, “I agree to your terms. The rules are simple. We fight until one of us submits.”
 
Kagome agreed to his terms, as they got ready to face off. She saw as Sesshomaru turned and started to leave the dojo as he said, “Follow me.” Not once turning around to face her.
 
He didn't want to damage the dojo so he was going outside so they would have room to fight. He knew that they were both powerful and he needed to get away from the castle to prevent anyone from getting hurt.
 
They walked deep into the forest when they made it to a clearing that was very big. Sesshomaru stopped as he turned to her and said, “This place will do. We will not damage he castle from here and no one will get hurt. We fight until one of us admits defeat.”
 
He placed a barrier around the area to prevent anyone from coming in and disturbing them as they fought. He didn't need any distractions as he set his mind to what he had to do. He pulled Tokijin from its sheath, as he got ready to attack Kagome.
 
Kagome saw as he pulled Tokijin from its sheath. He was very serious about winning this fight and she knew the kind of power that the sword held. It was powerful enough to rival her miko powers as she pulled her sword from its sheath and took a fighting stance.
 
They faced each other as they waited for one of them to attack. Kagome being the challenger had to make the first move since it was her right. She got ready to fight. She took a deep breath and let it out to calm her, as she focused on what she was going to do.
 
She had her mind set as she attacked. She moved swiftly as she brought her sword to bear and slashed at Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru saw the blow coming and he stood his ground, he moved at the very last minute to avoid the attack. He was now free to move as he countered with Tokijin.
 
The swords clashed and the sparks started to fly all over the place as the demon aura met the miko-purifying aura. They were at a stalemate as they shoved each other away. They were evenly matched and this disturbed Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome was a lot stronger than he thought. She was almost matching him in strength and speed. He had to use his head if he was to defeat her and get her as his mate. His demon side decided to help him in his quest as he lent him his strength to gain control. He still wanted the ningen and he was willing to help to get her.
 
Kagome knew that if she wanted to win this fight she would have to unleash the power of her sword. She raised it above her head, slashing the empty space in front of her as she yelled, “Purifying Blades!!!!”
 
Purifying blades came out of her sword as it went toward Sesshomaru. He didn't even move as he took Tokijin and simply batted them away from him.
 
Sesshomaru countered with his poisonous whip as he lashed out and caught Kagome on her back as she went down.
 
Kagome felt when something hit her back and she fell from the impact. He had used his poisonous whip on her and this was not good. Now she was hurt and she had no way of healing herself in a fight. She also noticed that her sword would not protect her against Sesshomaru for it didn't see him as a threat since the sword was part of him. She became enraged as she sent a purifying ball toward Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru moved quickly out of the way but the ball just continued to follow his movement. He never figured that she would have this much control over the ball as he continued to dodge until he came up with a plan.
 
He concentrated and hoped that this would work as he placed a barrier around himself when the ball finally reached him. It engulfed his entire body in a pure white light as it exploded.
 
Kagome was panting hard and stood up from the ground, as she looked to see what kind of damage she had done. Sesshomaru was on one knee as he slowly stood to face her again. Her eyes opened wide when she saw that her attack didn't do anything to him. He had blocked her attack and it was one of her most powerful ones.
 
She sheathed her sword quickly as she called a bow to her hand and pulled the string to make the arrow appear. She released her arrow as it went flying through the air.
 
Sesshomaru looked up in time to see the arrow heading his way. He was weak but he was not about to appear that way to her as he moved quickly out of harms way. It exploded on a tree near him as he saw the force of her powers.
 
`My little miko has gotten very strong. But my father's spells are proving to protect me from her wrath. I have one more attack and this one will be the one to bring her down. I only hope that she will not be too injured from this.' Thought Sesshomaru as he got ready to unleash his finally attack.
 
He brought Tokijin forward as he concentrated on what he wanted to do. He needed his sword to defend him while he was busy with his spell. Once he was done he was ready to release it.
 
Kagome stood there panting from fighting Sesshomaru. He had gotten a lot stronger than before and he was using spells against her. She had countered most of his moves and attacks by using her own powers but it was making her weak. She needed to end this fight soon as she was trying to think of a way out of this.
 
She had one more attack that she had not used as she feed the sword her anger and despair. The winds started to pick up around the sword as she quickly powered it up. When she felt that she had enough energy she raised the sword over her head as she made a circle and said, “Hearts Storm!”
 
A twister came out of her sword as it made its way over to Sesshomaru. At that moment she saw him attack as his eyes went a pure white in color. He opened his mouth as a great power was released.
 
It went right for Kagome as she tried to move out of the way. It encircled her body as she screamed in pain. The attack was draining her of all her powers as she fell to the ground not moving.
 
Kagome's attacked went straight for Sesshomaru as he used Tokijin to protect himself. That attack had taken a lot out of him but he was able to repel her attack just in time before it did any real damage to him.
 
He fell to his knees panting as he looked for the girl. She was lying on the ground as his attack negated her powers. The affect was only temporary as he rose to his feet and went toward her.
 
He saw her starting to move as he pounced. He grabbed her by the neck and pinned her to the ground. His knees were on each side of her hips with his legs pinning her legs to the ground so she couldn't move them. He had her hands pinned over her head as he growled.
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes to see Sesshomaru on top of her. He had her pinned to the ground as he growled. She tried to fight against his grip but with her powers gone, she was just a weak ningen and she couldn't move him one inch.
 
Sesshomaru saw as she tried to get out of his grasp as he growled, “Submit! You have been defeated. You have no powers left and if you continue to struggle then you will die!”
 
Kagome heard his words as she continued to struggle. She was not about to submit to him as she yelled, “Then kill me! Because I will never submit to you! I will not be your mate!”
 
Sesshomaru stared into her stormy blue eyes as he bent down and started to lick her neck. He wanted her to calm down as he continued with his actions. He got the desired affect as he said in her ear, “Submit to me Koiishi, because I will love you for all eternity.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big as she heard his words. She never, in her life, thought that she would ever hear him say those words. She stopped struggling as she was panting hard.
 
She was almost out of strength and her body wanted nothing more than to fall asleep right now. She had to ask she had to ask if what she heard was correct. Tears were running down the side of her face as her emotions were getting away from her.
 
“Fluffy, will you love me for the rest of my life??” She asked with heart-felt sobs.
 
Sesshomaru was looking into her eyes as he said, “I will love you for all eternity because we will be together for a very long time.”
 
This is all she ever wanted to hear from him. All she wanted was to be loved and be accepted for who she was. She heard his question again as he said, “Submit to me Koiishi then this fight will be over.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she raised her chin up to expose her neck to him. It was a sign of submission that she had learned a long time ago.
 
Sesshomaru saw what she did as his heart jumped with joy. He leaned down and kissed her with all the love he had for her. They kissed long and hard as the heat was rising between the two. They finally had to break from the kiss for lack of oxygen as they both were panting hard.
 
He leaned down and said in her ear. “Sleep now my mate. You need your rest before we start with your training again.”
 
Kagome's eyes slowly closed as she fell asleep in his arms. He knew that the spell he had used had effectively drained her of all her powers. It was temporary but it will serve to remind her who is the dominant one in the pack.
 
Sesshomaru released his mate as he slowly got up off her. He was hurting. His mate was very powerful and if it hadn't been for Tokijin and Tenseiga he would be dead right now. Her last attack was the most powerful and he had to learn how she created that attack.
 
He even had a hard time with her purifying ball as it engulfed his body and it almost broke his protection spell, if it had not been for his Tenseiga. But the spell proved to be effective in case he ever needed something like this again. She was powerful and he knew that she would lose control of her powers every now and then because she was human, but he wouldn't change her for the world. He loved her the way she was.
 
He leaned forward as he picked her up in his arms. He was too weak to move as he encased them in his demon ball of light and moved swiftly toward the castle. He went straight to his room as he landed on his bed and placed Kagome down to rest. He followed suit as he pulled her into his embrace and held her in his arms.
 
He had missed this the most as he buried his nose in her hair and took a deep breath. He put a barrier on his door to make sure that they weren't disturbed as he finally fell asleep after two weeks.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had been watching from a distance as he saw Kagome going into the dojo. He hoped that his brother got himself under control in order to do what needed to be done. It was a long and agonizing wait but finally after about an hour he saw Kagome and Sesshomaru leave the dojo going deeper into the forest.
 
He knew what was about to happen as he stayed in his tree and waited. You can see and hear the flashes of light and the sound of the explosion as they fought off in the distance. He knew that Kagome was strong and she could cause some serious damage to his brother if she ever got close to him.
 
It had been two hours since they both took off into the forest, when he finally heard the attacks stop. He wondered what had happened as he got to his feet to see what was going on. His heart was pounding in his chest as he waited.
 
He was about to leap from his perch to go and see if they were both all right when he saw a bright ball of light heading toward the castle. He smiled as he noticed this. It was Sesshomaru's ball of light that he used when he was too weak to travel. He saw as it went to the castle and entered his room.
 
They were both back safe as he sat down on the branch he was on and smiled. He knew that his brother had finally told Kagome that he loved her and they will be together for all eternity.
 
He was deep in thought as he thought about what was to come. They needed to get Kagome ready for her trial with the other demon Lords. This was going to be her most difficult fight. He hoped that they could get her ready for this because it was rapidly approaching. Sesshomaru only had 5 more months to mate with her or risk losing the Western Lands.
 
~oOo~
 
 
This is the end to another chapter. Yea!!! Sesshy finally told Kagome that he loved her. We all know how difficult Fluffy can be about his emotions. But he loves her enough to tell her the truth.
 
You guys have been great in your reviews. Some made me laugh so hard. One anonymous reviewer said that they had fanfictis. Must read a good story or go crazy. I loved that one, whoever you are that made my day.
 
I do hope that this chapter was what you all wanted to read. Now you know what kind of spells Sesshomaru was working on to defeat her.
 
Now that they have made up and Kagome will stay with Sesshomaru, the fun will begin. They still are learning about each other but the fear is gone and they can concentrate on other things. Kagome continues to get stronger and she finds a certain book in Sesshomaru's library that tell her a great deal about her powers.
 
Until the next time!
 
Ja ne!