InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 20
 
Kagome finally woke up from her sleep as she slowly opened her eyes. She was being tightly held in an embrace as she started to move. An arm pulled her toward Sesshomaru's chest as she wrinkled her nose. She needed a bath badly and so did he.
 
She got an idea as she grabbed one of the pillows from the bed and got ready to move. She moved his arm just enough for her to slip out of his grasp as she tucked the pillow in her place. She lowered his arm back down as she saw him pull the pillow closer to him.
 
The pillow had her scent on it since she had been using it. Sesshomaru settled down and continued to sleep.
 
Kagome sighed, she knew that she was hurt from the fight that she had with Sesshomaru. She also remembered when he declared his undying love for her. He had told her that he would love her for all eternity as her heart leaped with joy. She loved him deeply and she only wanted him to love her the same way.
 
Kagome moved to the edge of the bed as she put her feet down on the ground. She slowly put her weight on them to see if they would hold her up. She wavered but she found that she could stand on her own as she made her way to the door.
 
When she got there she noticed that a barrier was set up as she concentrated to remove it. Once the barrier was gone she opened the door and slipped out. She closed the door behind her as she placed her own barrier on the door that would collapse once Sesshomaru touched the door.
 
She was using the wall for support as she making her way down to the bathing chambers. She needed a bath and she was determined to get it.
 
Nasume was on her way to see if Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru were awake yet. It had been three days and they were getting worried. No one had heard them move, the only thing that they detected was their breathing coming from the room.
 
As Nasume turned down one of the hallways she noticed that Kagome was awake and heading toward the bathing chambers. She quickly hurried over to her as she said, “Kagome, please let me help you.”
 
Kagome looked up to see Nasume helping her. She smiled weakly at her as she said, “Thank you for helping me Nasume and I'm sorry if my scent offends you.”
 
“Kagome, you don't have to thank me for helping you. This is my job and I'm pleased to be of service.” Said Nasume in a nice soothing voice.
 
She helped Kagome down to the bathing chambers as she held her by her arm and continued to lead her. When they arrived she helped Kagome to sit down on one of the benches as she proceeded to remove her clothes.
 
When Nasume moved her hair off to the side she noticed the slash that she had on her back. It needed to be cleaned and healed as she asked, “Kagome, what happened to your back? You have a slash going across your back and its infected.”
 
Kagome heard Nasume as she said, “It was the battle that I had with Sesshomaru. He used his poisoned whip and it got me on my back. Can you get some medicine and tend to it for me. I'm afraid that I can't reach back there to heal it.”
 
Nasume stood as she bowed to Kagome and left. She needed to get some medicine for her wound and Kagome needed some clothes to wear once she was done bathing.
 
Nasume got everything she needed as she hurried back to the bathing chambers. She entered with caution as these were Lord Sesshomaru's private chambers and she didn't want to get killed for trying to help Kagome.
 
She noticed that Kagome was still alone as she hurried over to her to help her bathe and tended to her wounds.
 
Kagome was trying to scrub off the foul stench that her skin held. She was having a hard time bathing, she was not fully recovered from the attack that Sesshomaru had used on her. She had no idea what it was or why it affected her like this but she had to find a defense against that attack or he could use it again on her and she would be defenseless. Being defenseless in a demon Lord's castle was not something that she wanted.
 
Kagome saw when Nasume came back. She had medicine for her wounds as she proceeded to help her bathe.
 
Kagome felt ashamed that she was this weak and needed someone to help her. She lowered her head as she said in a low voice, “I'm so pathetic. I'm so weak that I can't even bathe myself.” The tears started to come down her cheeks, as she felt helpless for the first time in her life.
 
Nasume heard her words and said in a soothing voice. “That is to be expected if you fought against Lord Sesshomaru. He is the most powerful youkai in all the land. No one can rival his powers and if you held your own against him without getting killed then you are very strong indeed.
 
All of the servants in the castle are happy that you will become his mate. We have waited for a long time for his Lord to choose a mate and we think that he has made the right choice. You are very strong and you two compliment each other very well. It's like you're destined for him.”
 
All Kagome could do was smile. Nasume always had a way of making her feel better about herself. “Thank you Nasume, you always know what to say to make me feel better. You're like my friend Sango. She always knew what to say to make me happy again. She always hated whenever I put myself down for any reason.
 
You are like her in many ways, I consider you my friend, and I do appreciate everything that you are doing for me.”
 
Nasume beamed with joy when she heard this. `Kagome considers me as a friend. That's wonderful!! Because I feel the same way about her.' She continued to help Kagome and once she had finally cleaned her up she tended to her wounds.
 
The cut was infected so she will have to keep a very close eye on her so she can put medicine on her wounds. Lord Sesshomaru's poison was nothing to ignore. She knew that if she let it go unattended it could mean her death.
 
The medicine she was using she received from the castle healer after she had told her what had happen. The medicine was meant to help reduce the affects of the poison. While her body built up an immunity to it. They all knew that she would need that protection if she were to be his mate.
 
Nasume helped Kagome into the hot springs as she said, “I want you to sit here and relax for a while. The water has healing herbs in it that will make you feel better. I'm going to the kitchen to inform the cooks that you are up and will be down to get something to eat.
 
The children have been asking about you. They miss having you around especially the little kit.” Nasume left Kagome to inform the chief that she will be down shortly and to tell the pups that their mother was up and about.
 
Once Nasume was done she went back as she helped Kagome get dressed and then helped her down to the dining hall. When they entered all of the servants were there as they bowed deeply to her in greeting.
 
Kagome was confused. No one has ever treated her like this as she turned to Nasume and asked, “Why is everyone paying me so much respect? I haven't done anything to deserve being treated like this.”
 
Nasume chuckled as she said, “Kagome, they recognize you as the lady of the castle and they respect you. They wish to show their loyalty to you.”
 
Kagome understood as she sat down at the table. The servers quickly stepped forward and placed her food in front of her.
 
Kagome thanked them as she proceeded to eat the food that was given to her. Once she had eaten she had started to feel stronger. Her body was slowly recovering from its ordeal and she was happy.
 
A thought came to her mind as she turned to Nasume and asked, “How long has it been since Sesshomaru has eaten?”
 
Nasume had to think on her question as she said, “It has been a long time since we have seen him eat. He would normally eat once every two weeks but I know that it has been longer than that.”
 
Kagome started to think as she asked, “How long was I asleep?”
 
“You were out for three days.” Said Nasume was she watched Kagome with interest.
 
“All right when Sesshomaru wakes up he will require food. Make sure that we have what he eats and get it ready. I will make sure that he eats before he leaves his room.” Said Kagome with determination in her voice. She knew that Sesshomaru had not eaten at all while he was at the dojo. She had been out for three days and now it was going on three weeks that he had no food.
 
She knew that he would be weak and it was her chance to pay him back for constantly shoving food down her throat.
 
Nasume understood her request as she hurried into the kitchen to relay her wishes. Once she was done she returned to find that Kagome was up and heading outside. She hurried to her side as she helped her go into the garden.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was sitting in a tree as he watched the pups play with Jaken. He loved the way they tormented the little green toad as he chuckled.
 
He was brought out of his musing when he detected Kagome's scent as he jumped from the tree and headed her way.
 
He saw her being helped into the garden as he rushed forward and said, “Kagome! You're finally awake. How are you feeling?”
 
Kagome smiled as she saw Inuyasha. He was always worried about her as she said, “I'm fine Inuyasha. I just want to sit outside for a while.”
 
Inuyasha moved to her side as he thanked Nasume for her help. He then picked Kagome up as he moved her to a tree nearby so she could rest.
 
He sat next to her as they watched the pups play in the field. Kagome looked happy as he said, “I was starting to get worried that Sesshomaru might have hurt you in his attack. I was in the forest when you two went off to do battle.”
 
Kagome turned to Inuyasha as she said, “It was a really hard battle, we were both evenly matched in strength and power. But he beat me with some spells that I have to find a way to protect myself against. I don't want to be defeated again especially with the last spell he used. He took all of my miko powers away from me and I was left weak.”
 
They both continued to sit under the tree as they enjoyed each other's company and watch the children play in the distance.
 
It was late afternoon when Kagome decided that she was tired and needed to go rest. Inuyasha helped her to stand as she wavered a bit before she caught her balance and started to make her way into the castle.
 
Nasume met her inside as she was helping her up to a spare room. Kagome was deep in thought as she turned to Nasume and asked, “Nasume does Sesshomaru have a library?”
 
Nasume thought it strange that she would ask this, as she answered, “Yes, he does. Why are you asking?”
 
“I want to go there, will you show me where it's located? I want to find a book.” Said Kagome as she watched Nasume with interest. She knew that the females of this era were not educated and she saw the look of surprise on her face when she made her request.
 
Nasume eyes widened when she heard Kagome's request. “You can read?” That statement was out of her mouth before she could stop herself as she quickly bowed and said, “I'm sorry milady. I didn't mean to offend. Its just that females are not taught how to read.”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “Don't worry about it Nasume. I was taught to read when I was young. I could teach you if you want.”
 
“Oh, no milady, please follow me and I will show you where the library is located.” Nasume said as she turned and went to its location with Kagome following closely behind her.
 
Nasume opened the doors to the library as she allowed Kagome to enter. Kagome's eyes went wide when she saw all of the books and scrolls he had there. She was in heaven as she walked in and started to look around.
 
Nasume saw the look on the girls face as she saw all the books. She could sense her excitement as she closed the door behind her so she could enjoy herself.
 
Kagome continued to look at all the books when she spotted one that caught her interest. She pulled it from the shelf as she read, `Miko's of History.' She was surprised that Sesshomaru had a book like this in his library and then she decided that no she wasn't surprised at all. She expected him to have books like this all over the place because it was the only way he could defeat his enemies.
 
She sat down as she started to read. The book was very interesting as it told of the miko's of old. She continued to read as she found something that was very interesting. She learned that there were seven types of miko's in the feudal era.
 
`The defensive miko, this miko has the ability to put up strong barriers that cannot be broken by any demon. They have the power to defend against powerful attacks and they have the ability to deflect the attack back at their attacker. They protect the lands against evil and the people they consider family.
 
The offensive miko, this miko is able to fight in the fiercest battles. Her weapon of choice will almost always be a bow and arrow but her skills are not limited to this. She is able to use an array of weapons to the fullest extent. Her purifying powers are just one of the things that she could use against a demon. She has the ability to destroy anything that she sets her mind to. She also has the ability to control a demon with her mind if she so wishes.
 
The healing miko, this miko is able to heal any wounds, injuries, or disease that occur with humans or demons. Her skills are not like the healers as her knowledge is vast. She is able to just look at a person and see the illness they have and can heal them with her powers. She requires no need of any herbs to do this.
 
The wish miko, this miko is able to grant any wish to anybody she deems deserving. Although her powers are limited, for she can only grant 200 wishes in her lifetime, she can use this power on herself to seek knowledge.
 
The potion miko, this miko is able to make any potion to suit her needs. Her knowledge of plants are great as she collects the different things she would need in order to mix her potions. She has some of the most deadliest potion known to be in existence and no one can match her power.
 
The spell caster miko, this miko is able to cast a spell for anything. She can defend herself, attack, heal, or fly through the air with just a simple incantation.
 
The pure heart miko, this is the rarest of all the miko's. They are very hard to find and the most sought after. This miko has the purest of hearts. She has the abilities of the other six miko combined into one person. Demons seek her for she can produce a strong heir. But in order for her to produce an heir she must give herself fully in mind, body, and soul. But when the pure heart miko finds her soul mate she ascends to another level as she…'
 
Kagome turned the page and noticed that it was gone. She was pissed to high heaven because she will never find out what the pure heart miko ascends to if she finds her soul mate. Even though the book had missing pages it was still very informative on what she was.
 
She knew that she had at least mastered 3 of the six powers that were out there for her to use. Now she needed to see if she could master the rest. But for this she was going to need time and information, two commodities that she didn't have.
 
She got up and placed the book back in its place as she continued to read. As the time passed Kagome was getting frustrated, she placed her hand on the books in front of her and sighed. She was never going to find the answers she needed if, one she couldn't reach the books on the top shelf, and two if she didn't learn to read faster because she will never be able to read all these books before she grew old.
 
Kagome closed her eyes, as she was deep in thought, `Boy sometimes I wish that I can just absorb the information in the books and not have to read them.'
 
At that moment Kagome felt her body getting engulfed in a dark blue light. The dark blue light traveled around the room as it was absorbing the information from all the books.
 
Kagome felt as her mind was beginning to fill with the knowledge of all the books in the library. This continued for the better part of two hours until her light had touched every book that was there.
 
Once the light disappeared Kagome fell to her knees, panting. Her mind was so full with information that she was getting dizzy. She crawled over to something that looked like a couch as she fell unconscious.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was in the castle looking for Kagome. She was not in the west wing as her scent was absent from the area. He had to find her because it was almost time to eat. He wanted to make sure that she was eating to regain her strength. He caught her scent as he was following his nose to her location.
 
He came upon a pair of solid wooden doors as he pushed them open and walked inside. He spotted her on the couch as he rushed to her side.
 
He noticed that she was asleep as he gently shook her so she could wake. When she wouldn't respond to his touch he became concerned as he said, “Kagome, Kagome, please wake up.”
 
Kagome would not wake up from her sleep as he picked her up in his arms and left the library. He needed to get her away from here and make her more comfortable.
 
He ran into Nasume on his way upstairs as he said, “Nasume, show me where I can put Kagome for the night.”
 
Nasume eyes grew big when she saw Kagome unconscious in his arms. She was not moving as she heard Lord Inuyasha's request. She turned as she showed him the room that she had used prior to the battle with Lord Sesshomaru.
 
They walked into the room as he placed her on the bed. He turned to Nasume and said, “I want you to bring up a tray of food. She will need to eat once she wakes up.”
 
Nasume breathed easier once she heard that Kagome was only sleeping as she left the room to get the girl some food.
 
Kagome woke about two hours later as her mind was spinning with all the knowledge she had gained. She was on information overload as she tried to find her center.
 
She finally found it as she concentrated on her powers. Slowly a light blue aura surrounded her body as it enabled her to gain control of all the stuff that she had read and retained it in her mind.

Once this was done the headache started to go away as she slowly opened her eyes. She noticed that the candles were lit in her room meaning that it was late at night. She heard a gentle growl as she turned her head to find Inuyasha sitting on the floor with his back against her bed.
 
She smiled when she saw this. `This is the same thing he used to do when we went home to visit. I would sleep and he would sleep on the floor leaning up against my bed.'
 
She started to move as she saw his ears twitch at the sound that she had made. She saw him quickly turn around as he smiled at her and asked, “Kagome, what happened to you?”
 
“Information overload.” Was Kagome's simple answer to his question. She saw the confused look on his face as she elaborated for him. “I read too many books in one day Inuyasha. All that information was a little bit too much for my mind to absorb at once. Plus with me being so weak it left me drained.”
 
Inuyasha understood as he reached for her food tray and brought it closer for her to eat.
 
Kagome smiled he was not going to leave unless she ate her food so she did. She knew that she needed to eat so she could get stronger and she needed to get stronger yet. If what she had absorbed from all those books was correct she would have to face the other Lords to the lands in a test of strength and knowledge.
 
Once she was done Inuyasha took the tray from her as he leaned down and said in her ear, “Kagome you need to rest. I will see you in the morning.” He gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead as he left the room.
 
As Kagome laid on the bed she was in deep thought. Her relationship with Inuyasha was more of a brother sister type of relationship now than that of actual lovers. She cared for him as part of her family, like a brother. She found herself to be content with this thought as she closed her eyes to finally rest.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was slowly waking up from his deep slumber. He had no idea how long he has been sleeping only that his stomach was growling at him. His mind was foggy and clouded over from the amount of sleep that he had obtained. All he knew was that he was tired once he had finished his battle with his mate.
 
Mate that word pleased him as he moved his arm closer to his body to bring her closer to him. He felt that something was wrong with her for it felt cold and lumpy. He opened his eyes to find that he was hugging a pillow and not his mate.
 
He quickly sat up and this was a mistake when his head started to spin. He had to take deep cleansing breath in order to calm himself. His mate was gone from his grasp as he noticed the position of the sun outside. It was high in the sky meaning half the day was already gone.
 
He picked his nose up to see if he could detect his mate but her scent was not in the room. He thought this to be strange because he knew that he had fallen asleep with her in his arms.
 
He looked down at the state of his clothes and wrinkled his nose. If he were his own mate he wouldn't want to be near him either. He reeked, he needed a bath badly as he slowly got out of bed to test his legs. He was feeling really weak and he knew that it has been a while since he had eaten.
 
He was wavering just a bit when the door to his chambers opened and he growled a warning to the person who was about to enter. He didn't want anyone to see him like this.
 
His eyes opened wide when he saw Kagome entering his room with a food tray in her arms for him to eat. The smell of fresh blood was slowly filling the room as he quickly sat on his bed. His head started spinning from the scent of fresh blood.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome had sensed that Sesshomaru was waking up from his sleep. It had been a week since their battle and she had tried to wake him several times before but his body needed the rest.
 
She told Nasume to get Sesshomaru food ready as she excused herself from the children to tend to his needs. She missed him terribly and she hoped that he would be happy to see her again.
 
Nasume had met her by his bedchambers as she handed Kagome his food. It was covered for her benefit because they all knew that Kagome couldn't take seeing all the blood that was prepared for him.
 
Kagome took the tray from Nasume as she thanked her for bringing it. She took a deep breath and entered the room. She heard Sesshomaru's growls of warning as she stopped and saw him standing by his bed.
 
He was wavering as he stood. He was weak from lack of food as she walked in, closing the door behind her.
 
She saw him sit down on the bed as she walked over to him and said, “Sesshomaru? You need to eat to regain your strength. I have brought this for you.” She stepped forward and placed the tray on the table as she took the cover off his food.
 
The moment she saw all the blood Kagome turned quickly away from it as she heard him start to growl. She turned her head slightly so she could look at him out of the corner of her eye.
 
Sesshomaru saw as the food was revealed to him. His eyes started to go red from seeing so much blood. His instincts kicked in as his demon took over consuming the meal that was provided for him. He ate like it was the first time he had ever eaten.
 
The metallic taste of the blood running down his throat was a wonderful feeling for him. It was warm and gave him the energy he was missing. He was tearing into the flesh like it was nothing. The scent of fear was still imbedded in the meat as he savored every last bit of it. Once he was done with his food he sat back as a growl of contentment was heard in his bedchambers. His stomach was full as he proceeded to clean himself of the blood he had on him.
 
Kagome saw when he started to eat his food as she closed her eyes and waited for him to get done. She couldn't help the way she felt about seeing him eat meat like this. It made her stomach do flip-flops.
 
She heard a contented growl as she turned to see him licking his fingers clean of the blood that he had on them.
 
Kagome turned as she went into his closet and got a change of clothes for him. She wanted to take him down to the bathing chamber to get him cleaned up. He smelled even for her ningen nose so she knew that he didn't like the stench he was giving off.
 
She walked over to him as she grabbed him by an arm and said, “Come with me Sesshomaru. You need a bath and bad.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at her statement and he was amazed at the strength she used to pull him to his feet. He got up as he followed her to the bathing chambers.
 
The corridors were empty as they made their way down toward the hot springs. Once inside Kagome went to the bathing area as she got everything ready for him. She got four buckets of water as she set them down for her to use. She knew it was going to take a while to get him cleaned up.
 
She turned looking for him as she saw him standing off to the side. He was breathing hard and leaning against the wall not moving. He was still weak from his ordeal and couldn't get his body to cooperate with his brain.
 
She rushed to his side as she wrapped an arm around his waist and put his arm around her shoulder. She supported his weight easily as she walked him over to the bathing area. Once he was there she proceeded to take off his clothes.
 
Sesshomaru was again amazed at the way his mate was acting. She was taking care of him again as she removed his clothes. She sat him down on a bench, as he was still too weak to move. The food had done its job in making him feel better but it will take time for him to recover from his ordeal, he had used a lot of his youkai to fight with Kagome.
 
He felt the soothing warm water as it touched his head and gently cascaded down his body. It felt good as he felt his mate's fingers working their magic in his hair to get it clean once again.
 
She was being gentle as she tried to get all of the tangles out of his hair. It had been a long time since he had taken care of it. He felt as her fingers were gently massaging his scalp as he tilted his head back and purred with delight.
 
He whimpered when he felt that her hands had left his scalp as he felt another rush of warm water hit his head as she rinsed his hair clean.
 
She moved to kneel in front of him as she started to clean his face of all the dirt and blood that he had there. Her eyes were intense in what she was doing. She was making sure that she cleaned all the dirt off him.
 
He saw her sigh as she reached down to get the washcloth clean again as she said, “Sesshomaru, why did you let yourself get like this? I have never seen you this dirty before. It's not like you.”
 
Sesshomaru saw the hurt in her eyes as he reached down and pulled her into his embrace. He hated to see her like this as he said in her ear, “I'm sorry. I should have never treated you that way. I went looking for you when I noticed what I had done. But by the time I got to the bathing chambers you were gone from there. Then I saw Nasume taking your things out of our room and I knew then that I had hurt you deeply.
 
I couldn't stay in the castle after that. Your scent was everywhere and it reminded me of the hurt I put you through. Kagome I wanted to take you up on your offer but I was in a blood rage and my demon side had completely taken over and I couldn't control him anymore.
 
I stayed in the dojo because it was the only place you had never visited and it was the only way to keep you safe. My demon side would have over power me and then taken you against your will. I couldn't allow that to happen.
 
I never came out of the dojo until you showed up for our battle. I missed you Koiishi, I never want you to leave my side ever again.”
 
Kagome heard his words as she brought her arms up and hugged him in her tight embrace. She took comfort in his arms as she pulled away from him and said, “I will never leave your side again as long as you love me for the rest of my life. But now I have to finish bathing you. I'm not done getting all the dirt off you yet. What did you do go rolling around in the mud or something?”
 
Sesshomaru growled playfully at her as he released her from his embrace, never answering her question. He enjoyed having her in his arms but he let her have her way with him. It was not without rewards as she left his most sensitive parts for last.
 
When her lips finally touched his manhood he lost it as he pushed her on the ground and used his claws to get rid of her clothes. Finally after about four weeks of being without her he finally got to taste her once again.
 
They pleasured each other for a long time until he decided to take their foreplay back up to the privacy of their room. They found their robes, as they got dressed.
 
Sesshomaru picked Kagome up in his arms and raced back to his room. He entered as he closed the door behind him and he laid her back in bed. They stayed there for the rest of the day as he continued to show her his love.
 
~oOo~
 
The next day Kagome opened her eyes to see that she was in a death grip. There was no way she was going to get out of Sesshomaru's embrace this time. He had an arm that was snaked up between her breasts as his clawed hand rested on her shoulder.
 
His legs were wrapped around her lower half as she was pulled against his body. She moved and got a loud growl from the demon behind her as he brought her closer to his body.
 
Kagome tried to move again but this time she was pushed on her back as nice sweet lips met hers in a bone-crushing kiss. It was full of his love and desire for her as they continued with their action.
 
Sesshomaru released her lip as they were both panting from lack of oxygen. He started to trail sweet, hot, wet kisses down her neck as he found the junction between her neck and shoulder. His eyes flashed red, as his fangs grew longer. He bit down hard as he renewed his mark on her.
 
He heard Kagome yelp from the bite he had given her. He drank of her blood as he pulled his fangs out of her skin and started to lick her wounds close.
 
When he was done he raised his head as he looked at her. She was still panting hard as he said, “Kagome? Are you all right?”
 
Kagome was breathing hard. He had bit her neck but that wasn't what affected her. The moment his fangs embedded themselves in her skin it had set her body on fire. It was like he was making her reach her peak very quickly and she did.
 
She opened her eyes as she saw the concerned look on his face. She smiled as she said, “Wow! How did you do that? You made my body come alive without your tongue this time.”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he heard her question and said, “I had to renew your mark for it has been too long since I put it on you. Once we mate the mark I give you will be permanent and it will never go away.
 
As for what I did to you, well we are connected to a certain extent. I can pleasure you with just a mire touch, like this.”
 
Sesshomaru just touched his mating mark as it sent another bolt of excitement through her body making her peak again. He quickly got off her as he went for the nice warm lips and lapped up all of her sweet juices. He was in heaven and now he had a way to bringing her to her peak quickly so he could taste her.
 
Kagome was finally gaining control again as she said, “I love that but I still prefer your touch to anything else you do.”
 
Sesshomaru crawled over her body and kissed her once again. He moved down to her neck as he started to lick it again. A growl of contentment was heard as he was enjoying her neck. He enjoyed the sweet taste of her skin as he thought about staying there for the rest of the day. He was brought out of his musing as he heard her speaking to him.
 
“Sesshomaru we have to talk about this test that I have to go through to be your mate. I want to know what I have to do and who I have to fight to prove that I am worthy to be your mate.” Said Kagome with determination in her voice. She was enjoying his attention but she wanted some answers.
 
In the days that followed, after Kagome had absorbed the knowledge of all the books in the library, she had gone to test her memory to see if she had retained the information.
 
She went back to the library as she grabbed a book off the shelf. She started to concentrate on what she remembered from the book as she opened the book to the indicated chapter and started reciting what she had read.
 
To her surprise she had recited everything verbatim from the book. She took a few more books off the shelf and found that she had perfectly retained everything she had absorbed. She knew then that she had a new power.
 
She remembered that she had wished that she could just absorb the information from the books instead of reading them all. This was one of the powers that she was allowed to use on herself as long as it was to gain knowledge.
 
She took a deep breath as she said, “I went to your library and I found the law that says what you must do to mate. Why have you never told me about this law? Do you still think of me as being weak? Are you afraid that I will never survive the fight and the test of knowledge to prove that I'm worthy to be your mate? If you are ashamed of me then why do you want to be my mate?”
 
Sesshomaru had stopped his attack on her neck as he heard her words. He looked up at her as he said, “I will never think of you as weak. You are very powerful. I didn't tell you about the test because I don't want you to go through it if I can stop it. I don't care what those other demons want. I rule the Western Lands and I decide on the mate that I want. They have no right to tell me who I can pick as a mate.”
 
“But Sesshomaru you are running out of time. You have been ruling now for over 224 years. Soon you must make a choice or risk losing the Western Lands to those demons. Is that what you want? Do you want to see your fathers lands torn apart over who will get the right to rule?” Kagome said with exasperation in her voice.
 
Sesshomaru was in deep thought this law was enacted when the lands were split into four equal sections. The lords back then wanted to make sure that the lands stayed in their bloodlines.
 
They also wanted to make sure that their bloodlines stayed strong. So they enacted this law that requires the other three lords of the lands to approve the mates of the other lords. They devised a test in which the female would be tested on her knowledge and strength.
 
If they were powerful enough then she would earn the right to become the lady of the lands. But if she were weak then they would kill her during the test proving that she was weak to begin with and wouldn't provide a strong heir to carry on their bloodline.
 
If the heir was not strong to protect the lands then they could be overpowered and the lands taken away from them and split evenly amongst the other three lords.
 
The most powerful lord during that time period had been Sesshomaru's great grandfather. He was the one that pushed the law to be enacted when one of the other lords took a weak mate. They produced a weak heir and had almost lost their lands to an invading force had it not been for his great grandfather who stepped in to protect it.
 
Sesshomaru knew that he could not effectively argue the validity of the law when his own flesh and blood had been the one to enact it. He was stuck on what to do as he turned to look at the worried expression on his mate to be face. When he saw this he knew in his heart what he had to do.
 
“I would give up everything to have you as my mate. I don't care about the Western Lands as long as I have you by my side. I love you and I won't let any of them tell me that you can not be my mate.” Sesshomaru was very serious as he said this to Kagome. He wanted her as his mate and he wouldn't let those pompous old windbags tell him what to do.
 
Kagome was deeply touched as she heard this from him. `He must love me deeply if he is willing to give up the Western Lands to be with me. But I can't let him give up the lands. They belong to him and I will help him protect it and the people that live here.'
 
“Sesshomaru, will you allow me to help you keep your kingdom?” Kagome asked in a gentle voice.
 
“Kagome,” Sesshomaru whispered into her ear as he nuzzled her. He was touched that she would be willing to go through the test to save his fathers lands. “You are willing to go through the test just so I can continue to rule?”
 
Kagome reached up and started to caress his markings as she said, “Yes, I told you once that I would and I still do. I don't want you to give up the Western Lands. They are your lands and you need to rule. There will be a time in the future when we will have to leave but until that time we must keep the land as safe as possible along with its people.”
 
Sesshomaru was confused about the information that she had revealed. He had no idea what she was talking about as he said, “Kagome what is going to happen that we must leave my lands?”
 
Kagome winced at his statement she had already said too much about what is going to happen in the future as she said, “Sesshomaru, I… I… I can't tell you just yet. I can't change the way history depicts things happen. Because if I ever did then I could rewrite the future and I can't let that happen. Please don't ask me anymore about it.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what she said and he didn't push the issue any further. He turned to her and said, “If you are still willing to go through the test then we shall start training in the morning. I have to get you ready for the fight ahead. I will not be able to help you in this fight and you will be on your own.”
 
Kagome saw the worried look in his eyes as she agreed to what he said, “Don't worry I will be alright. I just need to practice a little more and I need some more books.”
 
Sesshomaru raise an eyebrow at her wondering what kind of books she wanted that she couldn't get out of his library. “What books do you need that I don't have in my library?”
 
Kagome smiled sweetly at him as she said in his ear, “You don't have any books on spell or incantations in your library. I should know I read all of your books already.”
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to hear that she had read all of the books in the library. “How do you know there are no books on spells in my library? I know you couldn't have read all the books in my library yet.”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “Ah, but I have. I know every book in your library and you don't have those kinds of books in there. If you can't find the books I need then I'm going home to get them. I know that the library in my era will have all the books I will ever need and I would love to read them all.”
 
“Kagome what you are saying is impossible no one can read that fast. I have not read all the books in my library as of yet and you are telling me that you have done so already.” Said an exasperated Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome was getting irritated at the way Sesshomaru was acting. She wanted those books and she was going to find them. She already knew where in her era she could locate the books she needed. All she needed to do was visit the museum where they were currently being display.
 
She made a move to get out of bed and was tackled from behind. Sesshomaru had pinned her to the bed as he growled, “Where are you going?”
 
Kagome sighed and said, “I'm going home to get what I need. I will be back in three days time.”
 
Sesshomaru started to panic as he said, “Kagome, what have I done to make you want to go home to see your mother?”
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrow together as she said, “I'm not going home to cry on my mothers shoulder, I want to go to the museum back home. There are very old books there that have the information that I need. Once I have that information I will come back. What makes you think that I'm mad at you?”
 
Sesshomaru was relieved to hear her say this as he said, “I don't want to face your mothers wrath. She can be very scary when she is angry. I already had to face her once and I don't wish to so again. But I will come with you. I wish to see this mu-se-um that you speak of. But in the morning right now I want to taste you and your not going to get away from me that easily.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big at his statement as he looked at her with hungry eyes. It set her body on fire as he leaned down and kissed her. There was no way they were going to leave today as he started to bring her body back to life. They both enjoyed each other's company before going back to her era.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Kagome has a new power. Her ability to absorb information will come in handy. Sesshomaru had to come to terms with letting Kagome fight for the right to be his mate. He doesn't like the law but when it's your own flesh and blood that was responsible for enacting it what was he to do? He has given his consent, now all he had to do was train her.
 
I'm glad that you all enjoyed the last chapter. You all have been wonderful in supporting me with this story. It makes me want to write more and I hope to keep you glued to your seats as we continue to see what happens next.
 
Now keep in mind that my mind is very devious as the plot starts to unravel. Many of you have asked who put the poison in the salve? Well you're going to have to wait on that because it's all part of my plot and if I tell you it will give it away. Don't worry you will all find out who it is soon enough.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome head back to the modern time to visit her mother and get some much-needed information. But like any other time our group travels trouble seems to find them everywhere. Join me in the next chapter to see what happens when they travel back to the modern era and the one person she really doesn't want to see confronts Kagome. Will Sesshomaru hold his temper in and not kill anyone? Or will Kagome lose it and do it herself?
 
Until the next time!
 
Ja ne!