InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 21
 
The next morning Kagome had a very tearful goodbye as she left the kids behind to be protected. She promised to return quickly as she gave them both a big hug.
 
As they were walking away from the castle Sesshomaru reached into his haori and pulled out the jewel shards and gave them to Kagome.
 
Kagome was shocked that he had given her the jewel. She had not won them from him as she asked, “Why have you given me the shards back? I didn't win them from you.”
 
Sesshomaru leaned down and said in her ear, “I never wanted them. It was just the only way that I could keep you here with me. Now that you are never leaving my side you can have them back.”
 
Kagome smiled as she held the jewel in her hand and fused them together. When she opened her hand she noticed that there were still some pieces missing as she groaned. “There are still some pieces missing. I thought that we had them all.”
 
Sesshomaru turned to her and said, “We do have all the pieces. If you fuse them all together then the well might close. I still have one piece and Inuyasha has the last. That's how we were able to go to your era and get you the first time you left when you sealed the well.”
 
Full understanding of what they had done came to her mind. `They must have gotten the shards from Koga when they came to get me.'
 
They stopped as Sesshomaru looked at his brother that was trailing behind them and said, “Are you ready to go?”
 
Inuyasha nodded that he was as Sesshomaru encased them in his demon ball of light and quickly moved them to the bone eaters well. With the jewel almost whole they could attract unwanted attention.
 
Inuyasha was not about to be left behind. He had made this life pledge and wherever Kagome went he would also go to protect her.
 
When they landed they were at the well, as they all got ready to jump in. First Kagome and Sesshomaru leaped into the well with Inuyasha following closely behind them. Once on the other side Sesshomaru grabbed Kagome as they leaped out of the well to give Inuyasha room to land. Soon he too was standing next to them as they were making their way out of the well house.
 
Kagome turned to both demons and asked, “Do you still have the necklaces I gave you?”
 
They both nodded as they took them out of their haori and placed them around their necks. They took on their human forms as they walked out of the well house. There were people at the shrine as they were looking around.
 
Kagome grabbed both her companions as she made her way to her home to say hello to her mother before going to the museum. It wouldn't open for a few more hours so they still had some time.
 
When they got to the front door of her house Kagome opened the door as she said, “Mom! I'm home!”
 
Mama came out of the kitchen to greet her daughter's return. She looked a lot better than the last time she had seen her. It has been a month since she had been home. She had just gotten out of the hospital when Inuyasha took her back to the feudal era to get away from the police.
 
Mama greeted everyone as she led them into the kitchen so they could eat. She fixed her daughter some breakfast as she gave Sesshomaru some tea and Inuyasha some ramen.
 
Mama looked at Inuyasha with concern as she moved forward and touched his forehead with a worried look in her eyes. She didn't detect any fever as she asked, “Inuyasha? Are you feeling all right?”
 
Inuyasha was confused by her question as he said, “Yes, I'm feeling fine, why??”
 
Mama sighed with relief at his answer as she said, “Your not wolfing down your food like you usually do and making a mess. I thought that something was wrong with you.”
 
Everyone started to laugh at her statement as Inuyasha just growled and ate his food. Yes Inuyasha manners had greatly improved since he had been living at his brothers castle. He had no choice he had to be on his best behavior. He was in the Western Lords castle and it wouldn't do for him to behave that way.
 
Once Kagome had finished eating she rushed upstairs to change her clothes. When Mama saw that her daughter had left to go change she had her opportunity to tell Sesshomaru what had happened once he had gone back to the feudal era.
 
“Sesshomaru, I wanted to thank you for the lawyers you hired. They took care of the hospital and I didn't have to pay them one cent for her hospital stay because of the way they had treated Kagome. As for the healer that was in charge, well he lost his license to practice medicine so he will never hurt anyone again.” Said Mama with joy.
 
Sesshomaru was pleased to hear this. He was wondering if they still had to be careful around the area incase they came after his mate. He sighed as he relaxed waiting for his mate to come back down so they could leave to see this mu-se-um of hers.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was in her room changing clothes when she heard a knock on her door. She stood straight up as she said, “Come in.”
 
Mama walked into Kagome's room as she saw her standing by the mirror brushing her hair. It was back to normal now as it was all one length. She walked over to her daughter as she said, “Here Kagome, you're going to need some money while you're out today. Just be careful and don't get into any trouble.”
 
Kagome looked down at what her mother had given her. Her eyes opened wide when she saw the amount of money she had in her hands. It was more money than she had ever held in her life as she said, “Mom I can't take this. What is going to happen when I'm gone? How are you going to pay the bills if you give me all this money?”
 
Mama smiled at her daughter knowing that Sesshomaru had not told her what he had done for her. She figured that he wouldn't because it was not his way. She knew that he did this to make sure that they were well provided for and they wouldn't go without.
 
“Don't worry honey. I have plenty of money to pay the bills and anything else that might come along. I want you to have a good time while your home and maybe you would want to get that little fox kit some kind of toy to take back to him. You have told me that he likes to draw. Maybe some crayons, paper, and some water colors.” Said Mama with amusement in her eyes.
 
Kagome couldn't believe what her mother what saying. `She didn't have to worry about money anymore? Where did she get all this money? Mama always had to scrimp and save to give Souta and me what we needed. Yet here she is telling me that she didn't have to worry about money.'
 
Kagome was deep in thought as she looked at the money in her hand. She came to the conclusion that it must have been Sesshomaru who had given her the money. It was part of the mating ritual that he would show her that he would provide for her. But he had provided for her family in her time.
 
Her heart swelled with pride that he had done this for her. He was truly a remarkable creature and that's why she loved him. She decided not to mention it to him because he might take offense.
 
She did want to get Shippo something to take back to him for being good while they were gone. “All right Mom, I do want to get Shippo something but there is another child that is also dear to me. Her name is Rin. She is Sesshomaru's ward. She is human and he has taken care of her for a while now. I think she would enjoy a doll.”
 
Mama smiled at her daughter as they both left her room to go back downstairs to meet the guys.
 
As soon as Kagome stepped into the kitchen Sesshomaru's eyes grew big. She was wearing pants almost like his but they were skintight and they showed off her figure to perfection. She had on a pink tank top and she looked gorgeous.
 
He stood as he wrapped his arms possessively around her waist as he said in her ear, “You look beautiful dressed like that.”
 
Kagome blushed at his compliment as they said their goodbyes and left the shrine heading toward the museum.
 
They were walking down the street just enjoying each other's company when Inuyasha started sensing that they were being followed. He sniffed as he caught a familiar scent and said in inu youkai, that was in a high pitch sound so Kagome wouldn't notice, `Brother we are being followed by the ningen that was at the shrine the last time we were here. He is the one that has interest in your mate.'
 
Sesshomaru heard his brother's words as he lifted his nose in the air and sniffed. He caught the scent of the ningen as they continued to walk toward the museum. He wrapped his arm more possessively around her waist and pulled her closer to his body.
 
When they got to the museum the ningen was still following them. Sesshomaru was getting irritated as he leaned over to his mate and said, “Mate we are being followed by that ningen that has interest in you. Unless you want him killed I suggest we stop and confront him so he will leave us alone.”
 
Kagome stiffened in his arms as she heard his words. She was becoming angry with Hojo for following her. She had about enough of his actions as they all walked into the museum and went in.
 
As they where walking Kagome said in a low voice that only they could hear, “Follow me, I will lead us to a place where we can confront him once and for all. He doesn't know how to take no for an answer and if he refuses to leave me alone then I will let Inuyasha have some fun.”
 
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow to her as he stared at her for what she had said. Kagome relented and quickly said, “You're not to kill him just hurt him enough so he will leave me alone. I can't let your brother do it or he will kill him.”
 
Now both demons were surprised by her comment as she lead them to a more secluded part of the museum that no one had any interest in. They turned down a hallway as they stopped and waited for Hojo to show up. She was not looking forward to what she was going to do.
 
~oOo~
 
Hojo had been walking by the shrine when he saw that Kagome had returned from the hospital. She was leaving her home with two guys as he started to get jealous seeing her with them.
 
He followed hoping to get her alone for a few minutes so he could talk to her. He still loved her and he wanted to know who these guys were that were with her. He saw them going into the museum as he quickly followed them trying to stay hidden. He saw them going into a more secluded part of the museum as he gave chase.
 
When he turned to go down the hallway he stopped dead in his tracks as Kagome and her two male companions confronted him. The taller of the two males had his arm wrapped around Kagome's waist as he held her close to his body. He could tell that he was something much more to her if she allowed him that close to her.
 
He heard a growl coming from the other guy that was standing off to the side as he eyed him with caution. He looked like he would kill him if he got any closer to Kagome. He turned his attention to Kagome as he said, “Kagome, you're back from the hospital. I was hoping to talk to you for a few minutes alone, if I may.”
 
Kagome was getting mad as she started to lose control of her powers. She felt a gentle but firm hand squeeze her waist as she calmed down and looked at the jerk in front of her. She had enough of him as she said, “What do you want Hojo? Why can't you just leave me alone? I have told you that I have no interest in you and still you follow me around. I want you to go away.”
 
“But Kagome all I want to do is talk to you in private, is that so wrong?” Hojo said with desperation in his voice.
 
Kagome took a deep breath as she said, “If you want to talk to me then you can talk to me in front of my fiancé.” Kagome saw as his eyes went wide in shock.
 
`This is her fiancé?' Thought Hojo as he started to feel his heart sink. “Your getting married Kagome? When?”
 
“That Hojo, is none of your business when I get married. I belong to him and unless you stop following me I will let his brother have his fun with you. Now I want you to leave me alone and go away!” Kagome voice started to go up in octave, as she was getting angrier by the minute.
 
Sesshomaru noticed what was going on and unless he calmed her down they would all be in big trouble. He leaned down as he nipped her neck to catch her attention as he said, “Koiishi, please calm down. I don't have my armor that protects me from your miko powers if you should lose control.”
 
Kagome heard his words as she quickly calmed down. She didn't want to hurt him again as she turned in his grasp and hugged him.
 
Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around her small form to give her comfort as he turned his attention to the ningen in front of him. He started a low and deep growl as he said, “You better listen to what she has said. She is mine and I will not let you come anywhere near her. If I catch you by the shrine again it will be the last time that you will ever breath air. Is that understood?!”
 
Hojo started to back away from Kagome as he heard the threat to his life. He had no idea that she was to be married and the guy she was with was serious about his threats. The other guy that was standing off to the side was looking right at him. He could have sworn that his eyes turned red for just a second as he said, “Goodbye Kagome. I will never bother you again.”
 
Hojo quickly turned around and left the area. He did not want to get hurt and he now knew that he will never have Kagome. He saddened at this thought because he had loved her deeply and would have done anything to make her happy.
 
Everyone calmed down when they felt that Hojo was leaving the area. They all sighed with relief knowing that they didn't kill the ningen for his arrogance.
 
Once Kagome calmed down they set out to look at the museum. They saw all manner of things from the feudal era that was carefully preserved for everyone to see.
 
Kagome lead them into this one part of the museum as her eyes opened wide at all the books she saw. She was slowly moving through the place as Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were helping her look for the books she wanted.
 
They searched everywhere for the books but they couldn't find them.
 
Kagome saw one of the curators for the place as she quickly made her way towards him. Once she was there she asked, “Excuse me sir, but I seem to remember that you had some books on spells and incantations and now they're gone. I'm doing a term paper in school on this subject and I need the books to get the information I need. Do you still have the books I'm looking for?”
 
The curator looked up from his work as he heard her request, he smiled as he said, “Those particular books are being sent back to the person that loaned them to the museum. They have not left here yet. But if you promise to be quick and get the information you need out of them then I can give them to you until I'm done here.”
 
Kagome agreed to his terms, she only needed a few minutes with the books. The curator got up as he went and got the books out of a box that was sitting on the floor. They had arrived in time before they had been sent back to their owner.
 
Kagome took the books from the curator as she made her way toward one side of the room. She told Inuyasha and Sesshomaru to hide her while she read the books.
 
They both looked at her with curiosity but complied with her wishes. They stepped in front of her as the guys looked around the area making sure that no one was watching them.
 
They looked over their shoulder to see what Kagome was doing as their eyes opened wide in disbelief. Kagome was using her powers to read the books in her hands.
 
Kagome concentrated on her new powers as the dark blue light engulfed the books in her hand. She absorbed all of the information in the books in about 5 minutes. She was feeling weak as she wavered but caught her balance.
 
She turned around as she said, “All right I'm done. Now I can give the man back his books.” She turned and walked back to the man as she handed him the books and give him her thanks for letting her read them.
 
The curator looked at her funny because he knew she couldn't read everything that the books had in such a short amount of time. He took the books from her and placed them back into the box as he proceeded with his task.
 
They were all walking away ready to leave the museum when Kagome walked by a bookshelf and saw something that caught her interest. There were several books there that had caught her eye as she reached up and touched each one in turn.
 
She absorbed the information that they had. When she was done her mind was spinning with all the information that she had gathered. She was panting hard as she felt a strong arm encircle her waist as she looked into the eyes of her mate. She smiled weakly at him as she let him lead her out of the museum.
 
Once they had walked outside. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha had found a secluded alley as they stepped inside and Sesshomaru put up his barrier to prevent anyone from seeing them.
 
He picked Kagome up in his arms as his brother stepped closer to him. He summoned his demonic cloud as he shot up into the air quickly, placing his barrier around them to keep them hidden. They quickly traveled back to Kagome's house as they went inside and Sesshomaru took Kagome upstairs to rest.
 
He placed her on the bed as she had fallen asleep in his arms while traveling back to her home. He moved her hair away from her face so he could look at his sleeping angel. His chest filled with pride when he saw her lying there just sleeping. He still couldn't believe that he had actually found a mate to be with for the rest of his life. He leaned down and kissed her on her forehead before he walked out of her room.
 
Sesshomaru left Kagome to rest as he went back down stairs to watch the talking picture box in one of the rooms. They were alone for the moment and that was their only source of entertainment.
 
Inuyasha was flipping through the channel when they happened to see something that caught both of their interest.
 
Inuyasha quickly flipped back to the channel as they both stared at it with wide eyes. They couldn't believe what they were seeing as they watched everything that was going on.
 
Their mouths were hanging wide open as the drool started to drip from their tongues. Inuyasha was the first one to come out of his trance as he said, “I never knew this was something you can watch in this box. I wonder why Kagome never told me about this before?”
 
Sesshomaru was watching everything being shown as he was getting ideas of what he would want to do to Kagome later. The box was very informative about the male and females intimacies.
 
They had found the x rated channels on the televisions as both demons looked on with interest.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke up a short while later feeling refreshed as she slowly sat up in her bed. She looked around and found that she was alone as she slowly stood up to see if she could stand on her own two feet.
 
To her surprise she didn't wavier as she stood. She smiled as she went looking for her mate and his brother.
 
Kagome heard some moaning going on downstairs and wondered who it could be. She hid her scent and aura as she was quietly making her way down to the living room. When she got there her eyes went wide as she said, “Is this what you two do when I'm sleeping and no one is in the house???”
 
Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru jumped at being caught watching these things on the talking box. They didn't know how to reply as they stood there in fear. They had no idea what Kagome was going to do to them for watching such things.
 
Kagome walked over to the table as she grabbed the remote, switched the channel, and then turned it off. She looked up to see that both demons were facing away from her as she said, “Well did you boys learn anything from watching that?”
 
Kagome voice held amusement in it as she saw the two demons squirming in their place. Their faces were bright red from embarrassment at getting caught by her. She turned and left them alone for a few minutes so they could get calmed down from what they were watching, as she went into the kitchen.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha both breathed a sigh of relief as they saw Kagome leave to go into the kitchen. They were ashamed for being caught but they were glad that it was Kagome instead of her mother that had caught them. It wouldn't have been a pretty sight if she had caught them watching that stuff in her home.
 
They both calmed down as their arousal quickly went away. They both turned their heads to watch Kagome walking back into the room. Her eyes didn't hold any anger in them as she smiled sweetly and said, “Come on you two. I want to get Shippo and Rin something before we go back.”
 
The two demons turned as they followed Kagome out of the house and went toward a large shopping area. The place was huge as they picked up the scent of many ningen coming from there.
 
Kagome wanted to get the kids something for being good while they were gone. It was their reward for being left behind. She started heading toward one of the small shopping centers in the area. It was not the mall but it would have what she wanted.
 
She saw as Inuyasha and Sesshomaru both felt uncomfortable being around so many ningens. She kept them close to her as she continued to walk looking for the store she wanted.
 
Kagome stopped when she sensed a familiar aura in the place. She knew these auras and she was not looking forward to seeing them again. She sighed as she said, “Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, I sense that my friends are very near and they have spotted us. Please stay by my side as these two females are very attracted to handsome men and I don't want you two to get attacked by them.”
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked at each other with confusion on their faces. They had no idea what Kagome was talking about. They were about to inquire when they all turned toward the person that had yelled Kagome's name.
 
Kagome turned to see her friends running in her direction. Eri and Yuka were her two best friends but they acted childish most of the time. She knew how boy crazy her friends could be and told Inuyasha and Sesshomaru to stick close by her while they were there.
 
Eri and Yuka had seen Kagome from a distance as they started to make their way toward her. It had been a long time since they had seen her and they wanted to know how she was doing. They noticed that her friend had two very handsome men with her and they were wondering who they were as they finally reached Kagome.
 
They all hugged each other as Eri looked at her friend and said, “Kagome, I'm glad that you're back from the hospital. Has the treatment worked to heal you?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “No, not completely but soon. I have to go back for more treatments. I came back home to see my mother and get some things to take back with me.”
 
Yuka was eyeing the guys behind Kagome as she started to lick her lips. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru saw this and knew now what Kagome had meant. They both moved back a step as they got some distance from the ningen standing in front of them.
 
Yuka turned to Kagome and asked, “Hey Kagome! Who are the two hotties with you? Are they friends of yours?”
 
Kagome sensed that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had taken a step back as she said, “Yuka they are off limits to you and Eri.”
 
Both girls looked at Kagome like she was crazy as they both cried out, “Why?”
 
Kagome had to take deep breaths in order to calm down. Her anger was getting away from her as she saw her friends eyeing her mate. She saw as they tried to move toward Inuyasha and Sesshomaru as she stepped in front of them and said, “Touch them and die!”
 
Eri and Yuka stopped as they eyed their friend with interest, they were waiting for an explanation as they saw the taller of the two cuties move closer to Kagome and slipped his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him.
 
Sesshomaru saw as his mate's temper was getting the better of her and he knew he had to calm her down. He stepped forward as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into his embrace. He turned his attention to the females in front of him as he said, “I'm her fiancé.”
 
Eri and Yuka gasped as they heard his declaration. They were heart broken. `Why did Kagome get all the cute looking guys?' They thought as they eyed her friend.
 
Kagome got her control back over her emotions as she looked at her friends and said, “Yes, he is my fiancé and I would appreciate it if you would keep your hands off him and his brother.”
 
Yuka was the first to say, “Kagome, you're getting married? When did all this happen? And why can't we get to know his brother?”
 
“Because he is really nice and he doesn't deserve someone like you two who are with one guy now and next week is someone new. Now as for when I'm getting married well it's not for a while yet so don't ask for a wedding date. Now if you would both excuse me, we have an errand to run before I leave tonight.” With that Kagome turned around, grabbed her mate and Inuyasha as they left the dumbfounded girls just standing there.
 
Kagome got an evil thought as she said over her shoulder while she was walking away from them, “Hey Eri, Yuka, if you want someone to drool over why don't you go and see Hojo, he really needs some company right now. He didn't take the news of me getting married very well.”
 
Kagome saw the gleam in their eyes as her friend turned around and left the shopping center. She knew that they would go and find Hojo to keep him company.
 
Kagome turned her attention to her mate as she heard a gentle growl coming from him. She looked at him with curiosity as she said, “Sesshomaru, what's wrong?”
 
Sesshomaru was listening to what his mate was doing. She was getting back at the ningen that had been following her all this time. He could smell the girl's arousals as they took off to find the male ningen. He growled knowing what his mate had done and he was diffidently amused. He heard his brother chuckle as he heard his mate speak to him.
 
He turned as he looked at her with amusement in his eyes and said, “You are a little vixen. You sent your friends after that ningen knowing that they had interest in him.”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “Yes, I knew that they have feelings for him. It's my way of getting back at him for following me. I know that they will not leave him alone for a long time. Now he gets to feel what it's liked to be followed once you have rejected someone.”
 
They continued walking through the shopping center as Kagome finally found the toy store she was looking for. They all went inside as they looked around for what she wanted to get Rin and Shippo.
 
Kagome saw as Inuyasha looked like a child in a candy store as he looked at all the toys that were there for the children to play with. She remembered that he never really had a childhood as she found something that he might like and said, “Hey Inuyasha! How would you like to have this bouncing ball?”
 
Inuyasha looked at her as she threw the ball towards him. He caught it and it reminded him of the ball that his mother had gotten for him a long time ago. It brought back wonderful memories of him playing with his mother and then the painful one's that made him realize that he was a half-breed.
 
Kagome noticed the sadness in his eyes as she walked over to him and said, “Inuyasha, if you remember all the good times you had with the ball then the gift is worth me giving to you. But if you remember only the pain and hurt then we should leave it, maybe you can choose something else.”
 
Inuyasha looked up from the ball as he looked into Kagome's eyes. They were worried about him, as he said, “No, I only remember the good things that come from this ball I know that I'm a half breed and it doesn't bother me any more.”
 
Kagome smiled warmly at him as she said, “Alright how about we get another ball so we can teach Shippo and Rin how to play dodge ball. I don't want them to ruin your special present.”
 
Inuyasha agreed as they looked for another ball that they could use, they got several just in case claws got in the way when they were playing.
 
Kagome got some drawing paper, crayons, coloring books, and some paints that Shippo and Rin could use. She found the perfect doll as she turned to Sesshomaru and asked, “Do you think Rin would like this?”
 
Sesshomaru had been looking at all the things that were in the store. He heard Kagome's question as he looked down at what she had picked for Rin. “Yes, I believe that she will be happy with the gift. We have no such things back home.”
 
Kagome smiled as she looked at the doll. She was made of porcelain and very pretty. She had on a pink kimono with a dog imprinted on the back. The dog was white and it looked beautiful. She thought for sure that Rin would like her present.
 
They paid for everything as they left the store with the toys they had gotten for the kids. Kagome had tried to get Sesshomaru to get something but he had simply said that he was beyond such things as playing with toys.
 
Kagome knew better than that as she saw him looking at all the different model cars that were on display. They were to build and would keep some children busy for a long time. It was to test their abilities on how to figure things out as they put them together.
 
They finally made it back home as Kagome went upstairs to her room. She started to think that she needed more knowledge before she got back to the feudal era. She had gotten the information out of the books that were in the museum but she wanted more incase she couldn't come back to this era.
 
She knew that Sesshomaru would not let her travel back here on her own and she had a feeling that she would need the knowledge that were in the books in the library.
 
She was thinking about how she could leave again and get the information she needed without Sesshomaru and Inuyasha following her, when she got an idea. It was in one of the books she had read in the museum as she started to work on the incantation. She was hoping that she would not be gone that long and that her mate wouldn't notice that she was gone.
 
When she opened her eyes she was in the middle of the library. It was now well pass closing and no one was around. She smiled as she set her mind to what she had to do. This was a great deal of information that she had to absorb and she was hoping that she didn't get weak after this.
 
She spread her hands out as she allowed her powers to travel to all the books in the library. Her powers quickly went all over the building. She found all the books that were hidden in the place as she absorbed all of the information in them.
 
When she was finally done she was panting hard from all the information she had read. She quickly found her center as she let her powers flow through her. Her mind quickly cleared and she noticed that it had only taken her about 10 minutes to absorb the vast amount of information. She was getting better in controlling her powers.
 
She didn't have time to see if she had retained everything she had absorbed as she quickly said her incantation and went back home. When she opened her eyes she was back in her room.
 
She took a deep breath relieved that Sesshomaru had not noticed that she was gone. Then she started to think about the kids. She felt that something was wrong with them and she felt the need to go back home tonight instead of in the morning. The feeling was becoming stronger as she was worrying about them.
 
She quickly left her room as she went downstairs to look for her mate. She was almost in a state of panic when she finally reached him.
 
Sesshomaru picked up on his mate's distress as he moved to find her. When he did he saw the worried look in her eyes as he asked, “Kagome what's wrong? Why are you upset?”
 
Kagome took a deep breath in order to calm herself as she said, “Sesshomaru, we must go back tonight. Rin and Shippo are in danger and we have to get back to them. If we don't they might take them from us.”
 
Sesshomaru became enraged as he tried to get his mate to tell him who was trying to hurt their pups. Kagome couldn't answer his questions, as she was too worried about the pups to think clearly.
 
He picked her up in his arms as he rushed back to where his brother was located and said, “Inuyasha, we are leaving. Something is wrong back at the castle and Kagome senses that they are after Shippo and Rin.”
 
They grabbed the bags they had brought from the store as they said a hasty goodbye and left. They both jumped into the well as the blue light surrounded their bodies taking them back to the feudal era.
 
Once their feet landed at the bottom of the well in the feudal era they both quickly jumped out. They sniffed the area to make sure that everything was all right while they were both taking off the necklaces, for they didn't need them in this time. They didn't pick up on anything out of place as they started to make their way back to the Western Lands.
 
Kagome started to stir in Sesshomaru's arms as she was becoming agitated at something. She seemed to be asleep in his arms when he heard her muttering under her breath. He could tell that it was a spell as he quickly turned to his brother and said, “Inuyasha, quickly hold on to me. Kagome is using and incantation and I believe we are about to be transported back to my castle.”
 
Inuyasha quickly moved to his brother side as he grabbed on to his haori. He did it in time as they were pulled into a black void and disappeared from the area. They were on their way back to the Western Lands.
 
~oOo~
 
Jakin had been watching the two brats all day. He was tired at the way the pups had treated him. They had chased him all over the place as they tried to dress him in one of Rin's kimono.
 
He was not happy. After 200 years of faithful service to Lord Sesshomaru he was reduced to babysitting two pups. One was human which he hated with every ounce of fiber in his body the other was a demon kit that was brought to the castle when that wench was brought here.
 
Jaken started to sense that something was not right in the area. He started to pick up the scent of youkai and they were making their way over to the pups. He jumped from his perch as he yelled, “Rin, Shippo, we must go inside now!”
 
Rin and Shippo were having fun play tag. It was one of the very few games that they played with each other. They both stopped their game as they heard what Jaken was saying. They also notice the concern in his voice as they decided to listen for once and made their way over to where Jaken was standing.
 
Then out of the forest the demons attacked, as they raced after the pups before they got into the safety of the castle.
 
Jaken saw the danger as he raced forward and tried to protect the pups against the attack. He lifted his staff of two heads as he released the power of fire from the male head. It exploded in a powerful attack as it got rid of the demons that were attacking.
 
Jaken was breathing hard as he turned and yelled, “Quickly back to the castle before they come back.”
 
They were all running back to the castle when they were surrounded by more youkai. They were determined to get the pups. That was their orders and they would not leave without them.
 
They were the key to subduing the Lord of the Western Lands and the only way to make him submit to their will. With the pups in danger he would have to agree to their demands and the Western Lands will be in theirs control.
 
Jaken was determined to keep the pups safe as he sent an alarm around the castle telling the guards of the danger. He held his staff up high to protect his charges. He didn't like them but he would still protect them viciously.
 
The demons saw their chance as they attacked. The pups were scared out of their minds, as they were about to run. At that moment two demons came in and caught Rin and Shippo. They were about to leave the area as a new threat presented itself to them.
 
They were in shock to see the Lord of the Western Lands in front of them blocking their escape and the female that was with them was pissed beyond control.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome had remembered another incantation from the books she had read today. It would enable all of them to travel back to the Western Lands with speed. She didn't know if she could make it work but it was faster than Sesshomaru's demonic ball of light. She quickly set her mind as she started her spell. When she finished they were standing in the field where Rin and Shippo would normally play.
 
Kagome jumped out of her mates embrace as she wavered but quickly caught her balance, eyeing the demons in front of her. They had her pups as her maternal instincts kicked in and she pulled her sword from its sheath.
 
She was pissed that they had her pups as she stepped forward and yelled, “Release my pups or it will be your death!”
 
The demons had stopped to eye the ningen standing in front of them. They were laughing thinking that his pathetic human could do them any harm. One of them was arrogant enough to say, “If we don't release them what are you going to do about it wench? You can not harm us.”
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were standing back as they saw Kagome's aura starting to grow. They knew better than to get in the way of a mother protecting her pups. She could wind up killing them in the process if they got in her way.
 
They were backing her up in case she got into trouble or if they tried to take the pups away from them.
 
Kagome saw as the demons moved Rin and Shippo in front of them to use as shields. The pups were struggling in their grasp as both of them saw Kagome and yelled in unison, “OKAA-SAN!!!”
 
Their cry snapped something deep inside Kagome as her eyes started to turn blood red. The call of her pups brought forth tremendous powers as she concentrated on what she needed to do.
 
She started her incantation as she brought her hand up. When she was done both Rin and Shippo had disappeared from the demons hands and where now standing behind her with her mate in a protective barrier.
 
Kagome channeled her power into her sword as it grew. It grew longer than before as it held tremendous power. She continued to eye the demons in front of her as she said in a deep and menacing voice, “Now I will teach you all for harming my pups! No one! But no one will ever take them away from me!”
 
Kagome raced forward as she attacked. The sword was cutting down the demons with just one swipe purifying them in the process. She was in the thick of battle when one demon was coming in from behind to attack her. He never made it there as Sesshomaru joined the fight with his mate. He proceeded to kill the youkai for trying to take away his pups.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were watching everything that was going on. They have never seen Kagome this angry before. They saw as she raised her hand and the pups disappeared only to be placed next to them in a protective barrier that she had placed around them.
 
Rin and Shippo once they saw that they were standing next to Sesshomaru and Inuyasha turned and grabbed onto their legs as they started to cry. Sesshomaru seeing the danger pulled Rin from his leg as he turned to his brother and said, “Inuyasha protect the pups while I help Kagome in the fight.”
 
Inuyasha quickly kneeled at he grabbed both crying kids and held them as his brother took off to help his mate.
 
Sesshomaru had made it in time to kill the demon that wanted to kill his mate as he let his rage and his demon blood take over. There were trying to take something that was very dear to him and he was pissed.
 
They both made short work of the demons in the area as Sesshomaru was desperately looking for his mate.
 
He saw her off to the side as he went towards her. He stopped just before reaching her when he thought that he heard a growl of warning for him not to get any closer.
 
Kagome was on the ground panting once she had finished off her last opponent. She sensed another demon coming her way as she growled. She stood on her shaky legs as she turned to the new threat. Her anger was still peaked and she didn't know what she was doing.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes opened wide when he saw his mate. Her eyes were completely blood red as she looked to be in a blood rage. He thought that this was strange because she was human and only demons were able to go into a blood rage.
 
He slowly approached her as he stopped when she brought her sword forward ready to attack. He knew that as long as she was like this he would not be able to get to her to calm her down. He took another step as he gently said, “Mate?”
 
He started to purr as he saw her wavier just a bit at his declaration. His purrs were meant to sooth a female inu youkai so she wouldn't attack. He knew that she had feelings for him and he was counting on it so that he could get closer to her.
 
Kagome saw the demon slowly coming towards her. She didn't recognize him as she brought her sword forward ready to attack. He moved closer to her as she heard him say, “Mate?”
 
Kagome stopped. She knew this voice from somewhere as she tried to figure out where she had heard it before. She heard the soothing purrs coming from him and she knew that she recognized it. She started to calm down as she saw the demon getting closer to her.
 
She was getting weak but she still had to protect her pups from these demons. She tried to raise her sword to fight but found that she was getting too tired to hold it up.
 
Sesshomaru continued to purr as he was slowly starting to calm her down. He knew that she recognized his purrs, as it would always make her relaxed. He saw her waver as he continued to get closer.
 
His purrs became persistent as he continued to walk. He had finally reached her as he brought her into his embraced and started to lick her neck to calm her. Once she was calmed she went weak in his arms as he picked her up and looked at her.
 
Kagome was breathing hard. This demon, for some reason, was able to calm her raging blood and she was finally relaxed. She felt strong arms go around her body as she felt a gentle tongue on her neck. She recognized it as she went limp in his arms, too tired to support her body any longer.
 
When Kagome opened her eyes and looked at Sesshomaru they were back to normal. They no longer held a red tint as he heard her whisper, “Rin, Shippo, are they all right?”
 
Sesshomaru leaned into her ear and said, “Yes mate they are safe. Now rest, I will protect them.”
 
Kagome gave her agreement to him as she closed her eyes and fell asleep in his arms. Sesshomaru took her sword away from her hand as he placed it back in its sheath.
 
He turned as he was looking for his brother. He saw him with the two pups and the barrier was still in place. He moved to see Jaken coming towards him. He was severely injured as he heard him say, “Lord Sesshomaru, please forgive this lonely servant. I did try to protect the pups but there were just too many of them.”
 
Sesshomaru looked down his pointy nose as he said in his normal emotionless voice, “Yes Jaken, I know, you did well in trying to protect the pups. You may leave to go have your wounds tended to. I will see you in the morning.”
 
Jaken bowed as he made his way to the healers. He needed to have his wounds tended to if he wanted to continue to tend to his Lords needs.
 
Sesshomaru walked over to his brother as he placed his hand on the barrier and it came down immediately. Inuyasha had tried to leave the safety of the barrier only to find that it wouldn't let him out. The barrier would only react to Sesshomaru's touch. Kagome made it so only he was able to get to the children to protect them.
 
Sesshomaru kneeled as he said, “Rin, Shippo are you two all right? They didn't hurt you did they?” His features soften just a bit when he was talking to the pups. He didn't want to appear frightening to them.
 
Rin and Shippo looked up to see that Lord Sesshomaru was kneeling on the ground so he could be eye level with them. Shippo was scared out of his mind but found enough courage to step forward and asked, “Is Okaa going to be all right?”
 
He saw the concerned look in both their eyes as he said, “Yes, she will be all right. She just needs some rest. He stood as he walked next to his brother and said, “I want you to hold on to the pups while I'll transport us to the castle. Could you make sure that they are taking care of and put to bed?”
 
“Yes brother I will see to their needs.” Said Inuyasha with confidence. He knew that Kagome was safe as he turned his attention to the pups. He picked up the bags and the kids as Sesshomaru summoned his demonic cloud and took them all to the castle.
 
Once at the castle Sesshomaru quickly moved up to his room as he entered and placed Kagome on the bed. He made sure that she was comfortable before he left her. He placed a barrier on the door and window to protect her as he went to find out what had happened.
 
Sesshomaru summoned all of his commanders into his study, as he demanded some answers from them. “I want to know why in hell, when I come back to my castle, I find that demons had sneaked into my sanctuary and were trying to take away my pups!”
 
His commanders coward in front of him as one of them said, “Milord, we were trying to protect them but we were also attacked. They were preventing us from reaching them.”
 
Sesshomaru's anger grew as his eyes flashed red, then he said, “Do we know who they were and why they are after my pups?”
 
“No milord. We have captured some of the intruders but they are proving to be stubborn to break. We still can't get that information out of them. But we have sent scouts into the other kingdoms to see who would launch such an attack against you. We will find them milord and when we do we will deal with them.” Said the Commander in charge as the rest of the officers agreed that they would find who had done this.
 
Sesshomaru sighed as he said, “You better find out who is behind all this or it will be all of your heads. Make sure to double the guards to protect the castle. I don't want this to ever happen again. Is that understood?”
 
Everyone understood his threat as they left his study.
 
Sesshomaru sat back down in his chair as he was deep in thought, `who would want to take away the pups from me? They obviously know that they could subdue me if they held Shippo and Rin hostage. But they severely underestimated my mate as she protected her pups viciously.'
 
Sesshomaru continued to think about everything that had happened. His main concern was for Kagome. She had gone into a blood rage and this was only possible if you were a youkai. He knew that she held great powers but he still didn't understand why she had gone into a blood rage.
 
He was able to calm her down with his purrs but he may not be as lucky the next time. She will be a lot harder to subdue if this was to ever happen again. She will find a way to block the affects of his purrs. This concerned him as he got up and left his study to check on his mate.
 
When he entered his room he saw her still sleeping on the bed. He moved as he made his way towards her. He striped his clothes as he lay down next to her, seeking comfort from her body heat. He pulled her into his embrace as he fell asleep. All the while thinking that his life just got a little more complicated.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I hope that I answered the question on the money that Sesshomaru gave Kagome's mother. Kagome figured it out herself but she also understood that he would never tell her that he had done that for her. She knew that he did it to prove that he could provide for her and anyone that she cared deeply about.
 
Yes Kagome does have a temper problem in this fic and it plays well with what I have been writing about her. There is a reason for all of this so bare with me on how she acts.
 
Someone is after Rin and Shippo. They have no idea who it is or why they want them. Sesshomaru does know that if they get their hands on them that they will be able to control him.
 
On top of all of this he is worried about Kagome and the changes she is going through. He wants to find out why she went into a blood rage and if it will happen again. Join me in the next chapter to see what happens as they try to find out who is behind trying to kidnap Shippo and Rin.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!