InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 22
 
There were three youkai that were lucky enough to escape the wrath of Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Lands. They were moving fast over the land as they were heading toward the south. They had to get back to their lord so they could report their failure.
 
They were fairly large youkai and would intimidate anyone who came close to them. They were wounded and moving with speed trying to get back before the poison took affect.
 
They had gotten slashed with Sesshomaru's poisoned claws. They felt as the poison was slowly making its way into their blood stream making them feel weak. They were in pain, slowly dying a tortuous death; the poison was slowly melting their insides.
 
As it was it took two days for the demon to make it back to the Southern lands. They had started out as three but soon there was only one left as his companions succumbed to the poison. He was almost at the end of his life as he stumbled into the castle and word reached their lord of his return.
 
Lord Kamlyn of the Southern Lands made his way over to his servant. He wanted to know what happened since he didn't hear the cries of pups anywhere in his castle.
 
He stopped as he eyed the demon in front of him.
 
Lord Kamlyn was fairly tall for an Inu Youkai. His hair was black as night, it reached down to about the middle of his back as it was tied in a low ponytail. His skin was white, silky, smooth, and very soft to the touch. He had one green stripe on each side of his cheeks and cross swords on his forehead as it showed his status as lord.
 
He was elegantly dressed in a dark blue haori and hakama. The sash he wore was the color of gold and red. His armor was an ancient one as it was black as night covering his chest. It held his family crest on his chest as you saw two crossed swords. Under it he had a picture of his father in full demon form.
 
He started to growl, as he smelled his servants fear. If he weren't already dying he would kill him himself. “Why have you failed to bring the pups back to me?!”
 
The demon coward in front of his lord as he said, “Milord, Lord Sesshomaru came back to stop us. We had captured his pups and were about to leave the Western Lands when he returned.
 
He had a female with him that the pups called Okaa-san. She is very powerful and when she saw that we had her pups she got them out of our grasp. She made them disappear from our hands as they materialized right behind her in a protective barrier.
 
We fought hard to get them back but this female was powerful and then Lord Sesshomaru joined in the fight. There were three of us that left the Western Lands to travel back here. Two of my companions died along the way because of the poison we received from Lord Sesshomaru's claws.”
 
Lord Kamlyn heard everything that his demon soldier had said. He saw him finally collapsed, as he died right in from of him. His body completely dissolved from the poison that he had received. He had lived long enough to tell him what had happened.
 
He turned on his heels as he made his way up to his study. He needed to think what his next plan of attack would be. He had been trying for years to get Sesshomaru to mate with his daughter so he could form a stronger bloodline. He wanted to get his hands on the Western Lands and the only way to do it was to mate his daughter to him.
 
He had tried on several occasions to leave her there with him hoping that she could get him into her bed. But he was wise to what he wanted to do and would refuse to let her stay. There was nothing wrong with his daughter. She was very beautiful for a demoness.
 
She had midnight blue hair that came down to about her waist, as her figure was very shapely. She had her mother's dark brown eyes and she had two thin green stripes on each side of her cheeks.
 
She was always elegantly dressed in a red kimono with a white dragon on the side as it went up her leg. He still couldn't see why Sesshomaru wouldn't mate with her. His daughter had agreed to seduce Sesshomaru so they could gain control over the Western Lands.
 
Now that they had failed to get the pups they will be next to impossible to capture. Sesshomaru would make sure that they were well protected from now on. He sighed as he heard a knock on his door as he turned and said, “Come in.”
 
Sora entered her father's office once he had given his permission. She saw him standing off to the side as she walked over to him. She was wondering what was troubling him so much as she said, “Otou, what's wrong? What has happened to get you this upset?”
 
Kamlyn looked at his daughter and said, “Our plans to get the pups has failed. Sesshomaru returned in time to prevent us from taking them. He has another female there that is viciously protecting the pups. From what I have been told, the pups recognized her as their mother. So now it will be next to impossible to get them.”
 
Sora thought about this for a few minutes as a thought came into her mind, “Father, you don't think that he has finally picked a mate do you?”
 
Kamlyn analyzed what his daughter had said for a few minutes. He had never really thought that Sesshomaru would ever pick a mate. But it made sense, “You may be right my daughter. He may have already picked a mate and is waiting to summon us to test her. If this is the case then I can assure you that she will get killed when we fight her. She is not going to take your rightful place as Lady of the Western Lands.”
 
Sora smiled wickedly at her father. She saw the gleam in his eyes as he was forming another plan to get her to be seated as Lady of the Western Lands. She turned as she left her father to his thoughts. She was assured of that title, it was hers and no one was going to take it away from her.
 
She could have cared less about Sesshomaru. She would mate with him to make sure she was made lady of the land but deep down inside she hated Sesshomaru and couldn't stand to be near him. But to gain power and control the great Western Lands she would do anything.
 
Every demoness in the area had wanted to be his mate but none of them got the time of day from him. Now things were different, his time was running out for finding a mate and he would have to take one or else risk loosing the Western Lands.
 
Her smile grew as she was thinking about all of this. Yes soon she would be Lady of the Western Lands and there will be no one that will stop her.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru woke up about a couple of hours later when he felt that his mate wanted to leave his embrace. He slowly opened his eyes as he looked at her. She still had her eyes closed but she seamed to be looking for something, as her hands were moving around in front of her.
 
Kagome was in a dream as she was searching for her pups. She was moving her head from side to side as she used her nose to sniff the ground trying to locate where her pups were hiding. She knew that they were hurt because they were calling out to her.
 
She tried to move forward but was being restrained. She was frantically trying to get free so she could find her pups. She whimpers as she started to growl in frustration and bared her fangs.
 
Sesshomaru noticed that Kagome was not acting normal. She was on all fours and sniffing the bed looking for something. He grabbed her around the waist as he was trying to pull her back to him.
 
He heard her growls and thought that she had bared fangs to him but she had no fangs. Then he thought, `She must be in a dream and in her dream she is an Inu, that is why she is acting this way.'
 
Then he heard her speak but to his surprise it was not in her normal speech it was in the Inu Youkai language that he uses with his brother.
 
Kagome was still trying to get free as she grunted, yipped, and growled, `Pups? Where are my pups? I must find my pups. They are hurt and I must find them.'
 
Sesshomaru couldn't understand what was going on as he moved closer to his mate. He nuzzled her as he licked her neck and said in Inu Youkai, `Mate!'
 
Kagome recognized the gentle touch of her mate as she quit trying to move away from him. She understood what he was saying as she answered, `Mate, where pups? Pups hurt must find pups.'
 
Sesshomaru moved closer to Kagome as he picked her up and placed her on his lap. She was beginning to struggle again as he said, `Pups are safe mate. Pups are with pack brother and he will keep them safe.'
 
Kagome settled down when she heard this as she said, `Pups with pack brother? He will not hurt my pups?'
 
Sesshomaru started to lick her neck as he said, `Pups are safe. Sniff the air and you will find them.'
 
Kagome thought about this as she raised her head up and started to sniff. She gave a growl as she went limp in his arms. Her breathing became shallow as her heartbeat slowed.
 
Sesshomaru became alarmed at the way her heartbeat slowed he was about to wake her up when he noticed that her body was glowing a pale yellow. He watched her very carefully to see what she was going to do.
 
Out of the middle of Kagome's chest a solid white ball rose as it hovered over Kagome. It started to move and shift as it transformed, it became a pure white dog. She had long white fur as it turned to look at Sesshomaru with it beautiful blue eyes.
 
He saw as the animal sniffed the air and then made its way out the door while it went right through it. Sesshomaru's eyes grew big when he saw this. Somehow he knew that his mate was controlling this creature as it went in search of her pups.
 
The specter dog went down the hall as it found what she was looking for. It went in right through the door as it found her pups. She went over to each one as she checked to make sure they were unharmed.
 
She found Shippo as he was curled in his bed sound asleep. She nuzzled him and gave him a gentle lick on his neck as she moved to the other pup. She found Rin as she sniffed. She was also unharmed as she gently nuzzled and licked her too.
 
She turned her attention to the male in the room as she started to growl. She approached with caution as she recognized the scent of her pack brother. He was sitting between the pups keeping them safe from any harm. When she reached him she licked and nuzzled him in thanks for keeping her pups safe.
 
She turned as she left the room and headed back to her mate.
 
Sesshomaru was starting to panic, his mate was not responding to anything he did. He was about to go looking for the specter to see if he could get it to come back, when the dog come back into the room.
 
The dog stopped right in front of him as it looked at him. It approached him as he felt a gentle nuzzle from the dog as it said in his ear, `Mate.'
 
The dog stepped away from him as it started to glow. It turned back into a bright white ball of light as it slowly descended into his mate's chest.
 
The moment the ball went into Kagome's chest her heart rate increased and her breathing became normal. She turned and snuggled into his embrace as she said in a low voice, “the pups are safe,” and she fell into a deeper sleep.
 
Sesshomaru kept her in his arms as she slept. After a while he placed her back on the bed as he left the room to go check on the pups and his brother. He found them all in the same room and they were all asleep.
 
Sesshomaru couldn't sleep any more as he made his way into his study to think. He had to find out why his mate was acting this way. She was not a demon but yet she was showing all the signs that she was a demon.
 
He thought about this for a while when he couldn't come up with a theory on why she was acting this way he decided to go looking in his fathers library for the answer.
 
He left his study as he was made his way to the library. Once there he opened the secret door that led to the place where his father's books were located. He spent most of the day in there as he was searching for the answer to why his mate was changing so much.
 
~oOo~
 
It had been three days since anyone had seen Kagome or Sesshomaru. They knew that Kagome was still recovering from her ordeal as she was sleeping in Sesshomaru's room. But no one had seen the Lord to the Western Lands and this concerned everyone.
 
Inuyasha was getting worried. The night of the new moon was tonight and he would not be able to protect Kagome the way he would like. He would protect her no matter what but his brother had a right to know about his weakness.
 
He had always been able to hide this fact from everyone. He had done a great job of it over the last few months that he had been with Sesshomaru but now he would have to tell him. He had a feeling that something was going to happen and he needed to tell his brother of his weakness.
 
He was outside in the tree watching the pups play in the field. The guards were everywhere as they were keeping a close eye on them. He started to think on where his brother could have run off too.
 
He knew that Sesshomaru wouldn't be far from his mate because he knew that she was weak. But where could he have gone? Better yet where is he hiding?
 
Inuyasha was deep in thought as he remembered something from his past and his stay at the castle. There used to be a room that was hidden in the library. That contained all of their father's personal books. If he could find the entrance to the room then he would find Sesshomaru. He was sure that his brother had gone there. It was away from everything and it allowed him to think.
 
He left his tree as he made his way into the castle. He went straight for the library as he stepped in and closed the door behind him. He started to sniff the room as he caught the faint scent of his brother.
 
He followed it to the back of the library as it ended at a bookcase. He looked at it as he was trying to find his way into the hidden room. His brother's scent became stronger as he looked up and found the book that he had touched.
 
He reached up with his hand as he tried to bring the book down to see what was so important about it. When he tipped the book down a door opened right in front of him.
 
Inuyasha's eyes opened wide at what he had done. He quickly stepped inside as he closed the door behind him to hide the entrance. His eyes quickly adjusted to the dark as he made his way down the hallway.
 
He was picking up his brothers scent as he was following it to his location. He came to another wall as he sniffed and found the stone that he had touched. He touched it as another door opened. He stepped through the door as he continued to follow Sesshomaru's scent down the narrow hallway.
 
While he was walking he noticed that there was light up ahead. He quickened his pace as he finally reached the room. He saw his brother with his head buried in a book in front of him with plenty more scattered all over the room.
 
He stood there waiting for his brother to acknowledge him but he was just too deep in thought to notice that he was there. He cleared his throat as he watched Sesshomaru jump from being surprised.
 
Sesshomaru had lost all track of time since he had gone down to his father's library. He was still searching for the answer to his questions. He had only found part of the answers he was seeking as he continued to pull books from the shelf.
 
He was so engrossed in what he was reading that he had failed to notice his brother had entered the room until he heard a noise. He jumped as he got ready to attack the noise he had heard.
 
When he realized that it was his brother he growled deep and menacing as he said, “Inuyasha, what are you doing here and how did you find this place?”
 
Inuyasha swallowed hard as he said, “I remember this place from when I was a pup, and father had shown me where this place was located. But that's not why I'm here.” He swallowed hard not knowing how to continue as he heard his brother's growls.
 
Inuyasha lowered his ears to his head as he looked at the ground and continued, “Tonight is the night of the new moon. In the past I have been able to get by this night without anyone knowing my secret.
 
But since I have sworn a life pledge to you I have to tell you that tonight is my weakest night. Kagome has not woken up yet and I sense that there is danger coming. I will do my best to protect her with my life but there is a chance that I might fail.”
 
Sesshomaru heard what his brother was saying. He noticed the fear that was in his scent as he was talking. He was wondering what was going on when he finally realized what he was saying. “You mean to tell me that the night of the new moon your weak? How?”
 
Inuyasha was shaking in fear. He knew that his brother knew nothing of his human night and it was hard to tell him about this. He lowered himself to the ground as he kneeled; he leaned forward and put his hands in front of him on the ground.
 
His hair came forward to hide his features as he said, “I turn human on the night of the new moon. It starts once the sun goes down and I don't get my demonic powers back until the sunrise the next day.
 
I will protect Kagome with my life, but I wanted you to know. I sense danger is coming. There might be trouble that I will not be able to handle in my human form. I'm sorry brother I should have told you this before.”
 
Sesshomaru heard what his brother had told him. He wasn't surprised that he had a night of vulnerability. He had known that hanyou's had nights like these and they usually kept it a secret from everyone. If he was telling him this then his fears were great for his mate that he might not be able to protect her.
 
“So I see that you have a night of vulnerability, little brother. Do not worry I will up in the main castle tonight. I will protect my mate and pups. I do appreciate you telling me this. I will have to keep this in mind for the future.” Said Sesshomaru. There was no hint of him being disgusted with his brother. He was just surprise that he never knew when his night was. He was amazed that his brother was able to keep it a secret from him for this long.
 
Inuyasha was surprised at his brother's tone of voice. He detected no disgust nor was he ridiculed for this happening. He saw as his brother went back to work and he was curious about what he was researching that has kept him away from everyone for three days.
 
“Sesshomaru? What are you looking for that has occupied your time for the last three days? Everyone has been worried because you just disappeared once that attack happened in the castle.” Asked Inuyasha with curiosity in his voice.
 
Sesshomaru stood up from his work as he said, “You might have been too busy with the pups to noticed what happened to Kagome during the last battle.”
 
Sesshomaru took a deep breath as he sat down in the only chair in the room. He brought his clawed fingers up to his eyes and rubbed them. He was getting weary of searching for his answers as he continued. “Kagome went into a blood rage during that attack. Her eyes turned blood red from her anger. I have been researching how this could even happen to her. She is human and only demons go into blood rages.
 
I also detected a shift in her scent. Her scent had changed to that of a full youkai. I have no idea what is going on but I cannot permit her to get this angry again. I might not be able to snap her back from her rage. If this was to happen then everyone will be in danger for she will lose herself to her blood rage. She will attack and kill all those in her way.
 
Father doesn't have that much information about pure heart miko's in his library. I'm running out of time and answers. I have called upon one of father's old friends to see if he has any information on this type of miko.”
 
Inuyasha listened to his brother as he was talking. He knew that Kagome was a pure heart miko because Mioga had told him about this. “I found out that Kagome was a pure heart miko from Mioga. He said that she has the powers of the other six miko's that exist in this era. He said that when a pure heart miko finds her soul mate something happens but he didn't know what.”
 
“Yes, little brother I know this but the book in which I found this information in has pages missing and I don't know what she ascends to. I have to find out. I don't want to put her in any danger. The only one that could possibly give me any answer would be Lord Tususki of the Northern Lands. I have already sent word and I'm waiting for an answer from him,” said Sesshomaru with frustration in his voice. He had the most extensive library in all the land and he couldn't find the answer to his question.
 
Both brothers stayed in the chamber as they discussed what could have caused Kagome to change so much.
 
~oOo~
 
Rin and Shippo were sitting in the field playing with each other. They have been constantly watched since they were attacked 3 days ago. They were both scared that something had happened to their mother because they had not seen her since Lord Sesshomaru held her in his arms.
 
They kept on saying that their mother was fine and that she was just resting to recover from her ordeal. They had said that she used a lot of her energy to defeat the youkai that was trying to take them away from their home.
 
They noticed that the guards had increased and that they were constantly surrounded. They had a guard with them at all times which meant that they couldn't sneak away to go up to their mother's room and see if she was all right.
 
So they both started to form a plan of their own to see if they could go and see their mother. Shippo had an idea that with a little bit of practice they should be able to sneak away from their keeper to run up and see their mother. Rin had agreed to help him as much as possible.
 
Rin would sneak out of her room at night and then sneak into Shippo's room to help him with his powers. He needed her because he needed a sample to go by for his illusion of her. Their plan was simple. Shippo was going to use his power of multiply to create the illusions of him and Rin playing in the field.
 
When the fake copies were in place they would sneak off and see about their mother. Their plan was flawless, as they have been working on it for 3 days now. It was now time that they set their plans into motion and see about finding their mother.
 
Shippo looked up from the ground as he said to Rin, “Rin, are you ready for what we have to do?”
 
Rin looked up from the ground as she said, “Shippo, Rin is scared. We could get in a lot of trouble for doing this. Do you think Lord Sesshomaru would be mad at us for waking Mama?”
 
“No, I don't think so Rin. He of all the demons here in the castle understands that children need their mother. He knows that all pups will always look for their mother when they are scared and lonely.” Said Shippo as he was looking into Rin's eyes. She agreed with him as they started to make their plans work.
 
It started out as Shippo was entertaining Rin with his magic tricks. First he made flowers come down from the sky as they both ran around like crazy trying to chase them down. The guards watched as the pups were playing and thought that it was a cute trick by the little kit.
 
Then Shippo made one of his toy horses come to life as it floated in the air and started to go around in circles. They both laughed and giggled as the horse continued its prancing around the field.
 
Shippo then looked at Rin and nodded to get ready. She smiled a big toothy smile indicating that she was ready. Shippo then jumped into the air and yelled, “Multiply!” while he was throwing the leaves into the air releasing them.
 
The leaves popped as dozens of Shippo's and Rin's appeared in the clearing as they all started to run and play with each other heading in different directions.
 
The guards noticed all of the copies and became worried. They couldn't tell who were the real pups and which ones were the fakes. They all split as they chased the pups all over the clearing trying to catch them.
 
While the guards were busy chasing the fake Shippo and Rin's, the real pups were slowly making their way into the castle and toward their mother's room.
 
After about 30 minutes of chasing the pups and them popping in their faces when they grabbed them, the guards finally realized that they were all fakes. They called the rest of the guards and started searching for the real pups.
 
One of the guards had a thought, `If the real pups are gone then they might be making their way up to Lady Kagome's room to wake her. We have strict orders not to wake Lady Kagome for fear that she might not have recovered from her ordeal. We have to get to them before they reach her room.'
 
The guard quickly called for a few soldiers to follow him as they rushed inside the castle going up to the west wing where Lady Kagome laid resting.
 
When they got there they heard the faint voices of the pups as they were trying to wake up their mother. They quickly opened the door and where about to grab the pups when they were thrown right back out of the room as they hit the wall. A menacing growl was heard from inside the room as it protected the pups from any harm.
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo and Rin had managed to sneak into the castle without anyone noticing where they were going. Shippo was hiding their scent and aura from everyone as his mother had taught him. She told him that if they ever got separated that he needed to hide his scent and aura so that the enemy couldn't find him.
 
She had taught him how to do this and now as they were making their way up to their mother's room as they went undetected.
 
They peeked around a corner of the hallway to see if there were any guards. To their delight there was no one standing in front of their mother's room as they moved closer to their destination.
 
They stopped as Shippo listened to make sure that they would be alone with their mother before they opened the door. When he was satisfied that there was no one inside the room he motioned for Rin to follow him. He gently opened the door to make sure it didn't make any noise and slipped into the room with Rin.
 
They closed the door very quietly as they looked at their mother on the bed. They approached with caution because they didn't know what to expect.
 
Both pups saw their mother lying in bed and she looked beautiful. She looked good and it seemed that she was just asleep on the bed.
 
They both climbed up on the bed as each of them went to either side of their mother.
 
Shippo was the first to approach their mother as he whispered, “Okaa, please wake up.”
 
They waited to see if she would respond as he tried again, “Okaa, we miss you. Please wake up. We need you.”
 
Both pups looked at each other as their mother continued to sleep. They couldn't wake her up. Tears started to form in their eyes as Shippo reached up and nuzzled his mother under her chin. He was whimpering and whining hoping to wake her up.
 
Rin saw what Shippo was doing and decided to do the same thing. She thought that if they both acted the same way that maybe it would be enough to wake their mother from her sleep.
 
Kagome felt something tugging at her heart. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew that her pups were there next to her crying. They needed her and she needed to give them some comfort.
 
She could tell that she had not seen them in a while and they wanted her attention. She heard the whimpering of her children and the whining going on as she started to wake up from her deep sleep.
 
She felt that she was waking up too soon from her healing sleep but she didn't care. Her pups needed her and she was going to protect and offer them some comfort.
 
Slowly her eyes started to open, as they were blurry. She couldn't see anything but she felt the gentle nuzzle of her pups, as they wanted to get closer to her.
 
She smiled as she reached up with her arms and brought them both into an embrace. She sighed in contentment, the pups settled down in her arms as she held them. She had missed her pups and now she was complete.
 
She sensed that danger was coming as she slowly sat up in bed still holding on to Shippo and Rin. She tilted her head up and sniffed the air as she caught the scent of the guards coming closer.
 
She felt the fear in her pups and wondered why they would fear the palace guards when they were suppose to protect them. She released her pups and pushed them behind her so she could protect them. She got on all fours as she started to growl indicating her intentions.
 
Shippo and Rin watched with interest, as their mother was acting more like an Inu youkai instead of a human. They stayed behind their mother as the door burst open; they were scared out of their minds that they would be taken away from her again.
 
Three guards walked in as they stopped dead in their tracks when they saw their mistress. She was on all fours protecting her pups and her eyes had gone blood red. They had taken a step back and tried to apologize for the intrusion when they were blasted with miko energy that sent them into the wall in the hallway.
 
They slid down the wall as they fell into a heap on the floor, unconscious.
 
The door slammed shut as a protective barrier was placed on the outside of the door. There was no way that anyone could get through that barrier. It was one of the strongest they had ever seen.
 
Kagome continued to growl showing her distress that someone was after her pups again. She continued to be in a protective mode until she heard the crying and whimpering of her pups.
 
Rin and Shippo saw what their mother had done and they were beginning to get scared as she acted like an Inu youkai. They had no idea what they had done wrong to make her act this way. They were so scared that they huddled together and started crying.
 
Kagome turned to look at her pups when she saw that they were crying. Her growls became purrs as she neared her pups and reached for them. She brought them into her chest as she held them close to her heart.
 
She slowly sat down on the bed as she held her pups and rocked them. Soon Shippo and Rin quieted down as they felt the comfort of their mother's arms. They were safe once again and they were happy.
 
Kagome continued to rock the kids in her arm as she was gently humming a lullaby. She felt as the pups relaxed and finally fell asleep. She continued to hold them as her eyes returned to normal and her anger had subsided from the events of a few minutes ago.
 
She had no idea what was going on or why those soldiers were chasing her pups but she was going to find out. But first she had to tend to the sleeping children in her arms.
 
She wanted to bathe and was wondering how she could put them down on the bed when she sensed that Nasume was standing at the door. She lowered her barrier to let her enter the room. She still kept her senses opened just in case they came after her pups again.
 
Nasume didn't know what to do the pups were missing and everyone was running around trying to find them. She was running in the direction where she had seen the guards enter the castle. She wanted to make sure that they didn't wake Lady Kagome. She still needed to sleep to regain her strength.
 
She had been keeping an eye on her since the battle. She was still weak and the spell that Lord Sesshomaru had placed on her allowed her to rest comfortable until she has regained her strength.
 
When she rounded a corner of the hallway she saw as the guards where thrown out of the lords room by a tremendous force. They hit the wall hard as they slid down and fell to the ground unconscious.
 
She saw as a powerful barrier that was protecting the door and would not admit anyone. She now knew that Kagome had awakened and was protecting her pups from any harm. She waited patiently by the door to see if her mistress would allow her into the room.
 
Nasume heard as the pups stopped crying and then heard the gentle humming of a song being sung to them. Soon the whimpers stopped as she heard them settle down.
 
It took a while but the barrier was finally let down as she approached the door and knocked gently. She opened the door very slowly as not to scare or mean harm to her mistress or her pups.
 
Kagome must've known that Nasume was standing at the door for she made no move to attack her. She seemed very calm and was gently rocking her pups.
 
When she turned to look at Nasume she gave her a warm smile as she said, “Nasume, could you help me place the pups on the bed?”
 
Nasume smiled as she rushed forward eager to help with the pups. She picked Rin up in her arms as she shifted the sleeping child down on the bed and gently stroked her hair to settle her back down.
 
Kagome now free to move around picked Shippo up in her arms as she tuned and placed him on the bed. She leaned down and kissed him as he settled down to sleep as well.
 
Once Kagome was satisfied that her children were asleep she turned to Nasume and asked, “Why were the castle guards chasing my pups?”
 
Nasume grew nervous as she bowed very low and said, “I'm sorry milady but we were given strict orders to make sure no one woke you from your sleep, that included letting the pups into this chambers.”
 
Kagome was getting angry at hearing this. She knew that it was Sesshomaru who had given those orders. She took deep calming breaths as she calmed down. Getting mad now was not going to do her much good.
 
She knew that Sesshomaru meant well, he wanted to make sure she recovered from her ordeal but it still irritated her that he would keep the pups away from her.
 
She stood as she said, “I'm going down to the hot springs. The pups are to stay here and I will place a barrier on the door that will not allow anyone to enter this room and that includes Sesshomaru.”
 
Nasume bowed at her request and then got busy getting her a new change of clothes. They both left the room leaving two very exhausted children behind sleeping.
 
True to her word Kagome placed a powerful barrier outside the door to prevent anyone from going near her pups while she bathed.
 
Nasume helped her down to the hot springs. She knew that Kagome would not ask for any help willingly, so she gave it freely. She knew that her mistress was strong but never asked for anything for herself. It was like she was ashamed to appear weak in front of people and she admired her for it.
 
Once Kagome was done bathing Nasume asked, “Excuse me Kagome would you like to get something to eat? I can help you down to the dining hall. The pups will be safe for the moment and they will not wake up for a little while longer.”
 
Kagome nodded her head in agreement she was feeling hungry and one of the reasons she was feeling so weak was because she had not eaten in days.
 
She followed Nasume down to the dining hall and when she got there all of the servants from the kitchen were there to greet her. She saw as they all kneeled as one and bowed deeply to her presence.
 
Kagome was shocked she had no idea what was going on when she looked to Nasume for answers. But before she could even voice her questions one of the servants spoke as he said, “Milady, please accept our undying gratitude for defeating those youkai the other day. If they had made it into the palace none of our young would have survived the attack. We are very grateful for the protection that you and Lord Sesshomaru provide for us.”
 
Kagome was shocked at their proclamation as she got her composure back and said, “Please rise.”
 
All of the servants rose as one to their feet, they waited for the lady of the West to speak to them.
 
Kagome had never been so honored in all her life. She never, in her wildest dreams, thought that she would be good enough to deserve the praise from all of the youkai in the castle.
 
Tears started to form in the corner of her eyes as she said, “I'm deeply touched by your kind words. I only protected our home from harm and stopped those who were trying to take away my pups. Know that as long as I live in the Western Lands you will all be protected from any evil that might come here. I will never desert you in your time of need.” She in turn bowed deeply to all of them in thanks.
 
Kagome approached the table and sat down. Immediately the servants came forth with her meal and placed it in front of her. They had completely out done themselves, as the meal was rich and flavorful.
 
When Kagome was done she felt better and she was getting stronger. Now she could go and see about her pups and make sure that they were all right.
 
~oOo~
 
In another part of the castle two youkai were searching for the Lords pups. They had heard rumors that they were in the Western Lords bedchambers unprotected and they would stop at nothing to get them.
 
They were under orders to see if they could still be grabbed to force the Lord of the West to mate with their Lord's daughter, Sora. But they had the satisfaction of knowing that if they failed in their attempt to get the pups there was a backup plan waiting to be set in motion. Lord Kamlyn would not give up on his plans to rule the Southern and Western lands.
 
They were making their way toward the west wing. That was the personal wing of Lord Sesshomaru and his family. They entered the area slowly as they opened each door trying to find the pups.
 
They were slowly making their way down the long hallway when they came upon a barrier that was preventing them from entering this one room. They turned to each other and smirked as they prepared themselves to lower the barrier to get to the pups.
 
What the intruders didn't expect was that the barrier would not go down. Try as they might they could not make the barrier go down so they could get inside the room. They were hand picked by Lord Kamlyn because of their ability to break any barrier known to be in existence. But this one they have never encountered before. They stood there trying to figure out how to get in when they heard a voice say, “What are you doing near that room?”
 
The female voice was harsh and it demanded an answer. They slowly turned toward that voice as they spotted the human female that always seemed to be around the Western Lord and the pups. They had no idea who she was but they decided to try and get rid of her.
 
One of them was brave enough to say, “Wench! You have no right to question us on what we are doing here. We will check every room in this castle as we are making a sweep looking for intruders. Now leave before we drag you down into the dungeons for disturbing us.”
 
The youkai's never saw what hit them as they felt a surge of pain engulf their body.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Sorry for leaving you hanging but this chapter was way too long and I had to break it up somewhere. As you can see you found out the ones after Shippo and Rin you will have to wait to see who is trying to kill Sesshomaru.
 
This is response to some of the reviews I have received. The mating of Sesshomaru and Kagome will not happen until the other three lords approve her as Sesshomaru's mate. So you will all have to wait. Boy you all just want the lemon I know but you have to wait.
 
The attacks on the pups continue as they are still after them. The Lord of the Southern Lands wants to control Sesshomaru with Shippo and Rin. Now that they know about Kagome things will start to heat up.
 
More changes are in store for Kagome as she continues to battle to keep Shippo and Rin safe from those who want to take them away from her.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!