InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 23
 
Kagome was making her way up to her room where she had left Shippo and Rin sleeping. She was sure that they would be waking up soon and she wanted to be there when they did. As she was walking she started to sense that something was not right.
 
She concentrated as she felt the aura of two youkai near Rin and Shippo. Her anger was starting to grow, knowing that someone was after her pups again.
 
Kagome quickened her pace as she hurried down the hallway to reach the children. She knew that the barrier would not go down unless she let it down herself. The spell was an ancient one that she had gotten out of the book that she had read in her era. The book had said that these spells had not been used in over two thousand years when the strongest youkai, which had lived during that time, had last used them.
 
She thought that these youkai might've been a descendant of Sesshomaru's family because he was considered one of the strongest youkai in the feudal era. The books had been lost when the great Taiyoukai had died. They have recently been unearthed during an excavation near the ruins of a castle in the northwestern part of Japan.
 
The family that owned the land found the books intriguing and decided to put them on display for all to read. Of course the books were copies of the original but it had everything that she needed. She knew that they would never release the original ones for people to hold because they were priceless.
 
She rounded a corner in the hallway as she saw, what she believed, to be two youkai guards trying to break down her barrier. Her anger started to rise as she stepped forward and said, “What are you doing near that room?”
 
She had the element of surprise as she saw them turn around to face her. She saw them settle down when they discovered that she was only a human and they thought that she could do them no harm.
 
She heard their comments to her and her eyes flashed red with anger. `How dare these fools call me a wench! They are going to pay for that.'
 
At that moment Kagome knew that they were not part of the youkai guards that protected the castle from intruders. She let her powers go as she caught them in a powerful barrier that did not release them.
 
They yelled in pain as she let some of her purifying powers seep out to hit them. It was not enough to kill them but was enough to make them take notice what she was doing.
 
The youkai's were in pain as they floated above the ground unable to move. They could smell the stench of purifying power, as they looked at the human female that was still there in front of them. They immediately saw that the human's eyes were blood red and they knew they were in trouble.
 
They saw her walk closer to where they were being held as they heard her say, “Now, I want to know why you are after the children in that room. I know that you are not part of the castle guards so you better start talking or I will purify your ass right here.”
 
The youkai remained silent refusing to answer her questions.
 
Kagome's eyes were getting redder by the minute as she decided to hold up her hand and let a purifying ball appear in her palm. She got an evil smirk on her face as she sent it toward the two youkai. It hovered just a few inches from where they were, slowly putting fear in their hearts that they were going to die.
 
“Now if you don't tell me why you are after the pups in that room I will let my purifying ball engulf your body and get rid of you. The choice is yours. Do you want to live or do you want to die?” said Kagome with malice in her voice.
 
The youkai were struggling to get free but it was no good. The barrier was one of the strongest they have ever felt and it would not allow them to move or use their youkai strength. They resigned to their fate as one of them said, “You will never get us to talk. So you might as well kill us. That way we don't have to smell your stench!”
 
Now they had done it. They had insulted her again. Kagome's angered flared as she closed the barrier some more to tighten its hold on the demons inside. They were in pain and almost to the point of being purified as she had a thought, `I could let Sesshomaru interrogate them and if they still refused to answer his questions then he could kill them.'
 
The youkai saw the look in the human's eyes and they didn't like what they saw. Soon they heard her call, “GUARDS!!!!” They knew that when she did this that they were really in for some torture. For to be captured in the Western Lords castle meant that they will have to deal with the lord himself.
 
Kagome was patiently waiting for the guards to come to her aid. She didn't have to wait for long when 5 inu youkai guards quickly approached her and upon arriving kneeled on one knee in her presence.
 
Kagome saw as they kneeled as one and then spoke to the one in charge, “These two are not part of the castle guards.” It was more of a statement than a question.
 
The guard that was in charge raised his head and looked at the demons that were trapped in a golden ball of energy as they were crying out in pain. He turned his attention to Lady Kagome and said, “No milady, they are not part of the guards that protect the castle. How did you capture them milady.”
 
Kagome heard his comments and now knew for sure that these two were here to take her pups. She turned to the guard and said, “I caught them trying to get to my pups. When I confronted them they had the nerve to call me a wench. I knew then that they could not be Sesshomaru's guards because I know for a fact that the youkai in this castle will never call me a wench for fear that I will purify them.”
 
The guard chuckled at her comment. It was true they all feared the Lady of the Western Lands and they would never call her names for her temper will surely come forth. They had seen first hand what she could do to any of them, regardless of who they were, if they were to insult her.
 
Her powers were great and they had seen the power she held over the lord's brother. But they also knew that she had a kind heart and all in the castle loved her.
 
He rose to his feet as he told his guards to surround the intruders. When they were in place he turned to Lady Kagome and said, “Milady, please release them and we will take them from here. We will make them talk and find out who is behind the attacks on your pups. I'm sure that Lord Sesshomaru would like to talk to them as well.”
 
Kagome agreed to his request as she removed the barrier and the youkai fell to the floor with a loud thud. The guards moved in quickly as they grabbed the intruders and dragged them away to the dungeons.
 
The leader of the guards bowed deeply to her before he turned on his heals and went after them. He will personally get the information out of them so they could find out why they were after the lords pups.
 
Kagome took a deep breath as she calmed down. She didn't want to appear upset when she walked into the room. She could tell that both Rin and Shippo were awake and they were frightened at what had happened outside the door.
 
She slowly approached the door as she opened it and stepped inside. She had not expected what happened next, as she had to dodge the attack of her pup as he was trying to protect Rin.
 
She smiled sweetly knowing that her son was protecting his sister. She couldn't be mad at him as she said, “Shippo! It's me.”
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo and Rin both woke to the sounds of someone screaming in pain outside the door. They had no idea what was going on as Rin moved closer to Shippo.
 
“Rin is scared Shippo. Are they trying to take us away from Okaa again?” she asked as she trembled in fear.
 
Shippo didn't know how to answer that question as he said, “I don't know Rin. But Okaa is out there right now so we are safe for the moment. But if anything happens to Okaa I want you to stay behind me. I will protect you until we can get some help.”
 
Rin agreed to Shippo request as they waited on the bed for their mother. Soon all the noise in the hallway died away and they were both terrified. They heard someone opening the door, as Shippo got ready with his attack.
 
He didn't wait to see who had entered the room as he yelled, “FOX FIRE!!!” The blue flames shot forth as it was going toward its target. He had missed and was about to fire another one when he heard his mother say, “Shippo! It's me!”
 
He stopped his attack as he recognized the voice of his mother. He looked up to see her bright smiling face as he jumped off the bed and raced to into her arms. Once there he started to cry as he apologized for attacking her.
 
Kagome held her son in her arms as she tried to sooth the kit. She knew that he didn't mean to attack her. It was just his instincts to protect Rin. She smiled as she said, “Don't worry Shippo you didn't hurt me and I know that you didn't mean to attack me. You were just protecting your sister and I'm proud of you for doing so.”
 
Shippo crying turned into whimpers when he heard his mother's words. He looked up to see how proud she was of him and he immediately stopped crying. He settled in her arms as she walked over to Rin.
 
Rin was happy to see Kagome as she jumped up and got a hug from her mother as well.
 
Kagome then pulled away from her pups as she said, “Are you two hungry? We can go down, have some lunch, and then we can walk outside to the garden so you can play.”
 
She saw the pups eyes light up at the possibility of food and going out to play with their mother. She quickly released them from her hug as the kids got on either side of her. She grabbed each of their hands in hers and left the room as they headed to get something to eat.
 
Once the pups had been fed they all went outside into the gardens so they could play. Kagome was sitting under a tree resting as she kept an eye on her pups. The guards were keeping their distance knowing that Kagome would attack the first one who came close to the pups.
 
Kagome was thinking while she was sitting under the tree. She had a feeling that something was going to happen tonight. She knew that today was the night of the new moon and that Inuyasha will not be able to help her if they were to get attacked again.
 
She had asked where he and her mate were, but no one knew where Inuyasha had gone to or her mate. She started thinking about Inuyasha and wondered if there was a way to make him a full demon on the night of the new moon instead of human. She wanted him to be stronger on this night not weaker.
 
She closed her eyes as she started to go over everything she had read over the last week trying to find the answer to her question.
 
The answer came in the form of a youkai as he slipped into her mind. “Kagome, there is a way that you can make Inuyasha a full demon during the night of the new moon.”
 
Kagome was confused on how this demon could invade her mind as she asked, “Who are you? And how do you know about Inuyasha's human night?”
 
The demon in front of her chuckled at her questions and said, “I'm Lord Inutaisho. I'm Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father. I know about his human night because it was important that I knew so I could protect him during these nights.”
 
Kagome couldn't believe that she was having this conversation with Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father. She looked up into his eyes and asked, “How can I help Inuyasha become a full demon on the night of the new moon instead of being human?”
 
Inutaisho smiled as he told her what she needed to do to make this happen. Once he was done he left her mind as he said, “Kagome, you need to wakeup now Inuyasha is coming towards you.”
 
Kagome started to open her eyes when she felt that Inutaisho had left her mind. She sensed a very hyper hanyou coming her way. She knew that he would be angry with her because she was out of bed too soon but she didn't care. Just watching her pups made her happy.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had left Sesshomaru to do his research as he went back to the castle proper to make sure everything was all right. He didn't want to leave the safety of Kagome and the pups to the guards alone. They had already proven that they could not protect them if they were attacked.
 
When he exited out of the library he caught Kagome's beautiful scent in the castle. He knew that she was awake and that it was too soon. She should not be up yet and he knew that she was weak.
 
He caught her scent coming from the gardens as he rushed outside to see if he could find her. When he spotted the pups playing happily in the garden he knew that she was close to their location.
 
He saw her sitting under a tree watching the kids play as he rushed to her side. When he finally reached her he was out of breath as he said, “Kagome, what are you doing up so soon? You should be in bed resting. I know that you have not recovered from that last battle.”
 
Kagome looked up into the concerned eyes of her friend. She knew he was upset as she said in a calm voice, “I'm fine Inuyasha. The children needed me so they came and woke me up. I then learn that there were two youkai's here trying to take them away from me again and I had to deal with the problem.
 
I had no idea where you and Sesshomaru had gone to and I can't trust the guards to protect my pups. So I will be protecting them from now on.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes grew big as he heard that there was another attempt to take the pups from the castle as he said, “Kagome, I'm sorry for not being here. I never left the castle grounds and neither has Sesshomaru. But I didn't pick up on the danger to the pups.
 
What happened and where are the intruders now?”
 
Kagome took a deep breath as she proceeded to tell him what had happened. She told him that the real guards from the castle have taken the intruders to the dungeons and they were waiting for Sesshomaru to show up.
 
This information hurt Inuyasha very deeply. He had given his life pledge to his brother and twice he had been unable to protect his pups. He stood as he kept his head down not willing to look at Kagome for his failure and said, “I'll go tell Sesshomaru what has happened. I'm sorry that I have failed you again Kagome. It seems that every time I make a vow to you I always wind up breaking it.”
 
Kagome stood as she placed a hand on his shoulder and said, “Inuyasha, I might be upset that someone is trying to take Shippo and Rin away from me but I don't blame you in the least bit. You have the best intension in trying to protect me and I know that what you were doing was important.
 
Now as for Sesshomaru I will deal with him later for not being here when I'm defenseless and the pups are unprotected. As my future mate he is proving that he is not capable of watching two pups. What is he going to do when we have more? Is he going to leave them unprotected if I'm defenseless? He also has to learn that he has other responsibilities that require his attention other than his kingdom.
 
I have no idea what he's doing but I will deal with him later. But before you go to give him the news about what happened I want you to leave your sword with me. I remember a spell that I have read that will make you stronger during the night of the new moon. I still want you to keep your vow to Sesshomaru and not appear weak in his eyes.”
 
Inuyasha was again shocked to hear Kagome speak this way. She didn't blame him at all but she did blame her mate for not being here when the danger was very real to her pups. He gave in to her request as he pulled Tetsusaiga from his side and gave it to her.
 
He then turned and headed back to the library to tell his brother what had happened and to inform him that his mate was very upset at him for not being there for her.
 
Kagome watched as Inuyasha headed back into the castle to get Sesshomaru. She didn't know that he was in the castle at all. She should had know that Sesshomaru wouldn't be that far away from her when she was weak. She felt ashamed for voicing her concerns to Inuyasha but maybe it would get her future mate to think things through the next time around.
 
She turned to the business at hand as she looked at the sword that Inuyasha had given her. She sat back down as she put the sword across her lap. She reached up with her hand as she pulled her hair around the front of her and then used her sword to cut a small portion off.
 
She then takes the hair and ties it to the hilt of the sword and made sure that it wouldn't become undone. She took her sword and cut her left hand as it started to bleed. Then she put her hand on the hilt of Inuyasha's sword over her hair making sure to grasp it tight.
 
When she was done she put her sword back in its sheath as she close her eyes and started to remember the incantation that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father had told her.
 
Sword of the ages you have done well
You have protected your young master from harm
No longer does his blood lust and cry for the death of others
 
Kagome was remembering everything that Inutaisho had told her about this spell. It was different from the other spells she had ever cast. It was to give Inuyasha his wish even if it's only for one night a month.
 
I ask you now to hear my plea
On this night of the new moon a new power I give to thee
Instead of making your master weak and human
You will transform him into a strong and powerful demon
 
Kagome heart was racing at the thought of Inuyasha getting his wish if only for one night a month. She wanted this for him, she wanted this more than anything in world. He deserved to be protected from all the evil and if one of his enemies ever found out about his weak night they would want to kill him.
 
I give you a lock of my hair
To bind my powers to you
And with this blood I seal the gift
Together we will form a powerful bond
To enable the young lord
To transform into his demon form
 
With this lock of hair I combined my powers with his sword. My blood seals the agreement. You will release his demon blood and seal the human blood until the night is over and then return him to his normal form.
 
He will have his mind to control his actions
For his heart will dictate what his actions will be
Only on the night of the new moon will our powers combined
To transform him into a powerful being on the night of his weakness
 
I give my Heart
Power
Soul
Love, dear brother!
 
When she had finished her incantation she saw as the sword started to glow a golden color. It engulfed the entire sword as she changed the protection that the sword had for Inuyasha. Her hair had melted into the hilt of the sword as her blood made it a permanent part of it. When it stopped glowing she knew that the spell had worked to protect Inuyasha on the only night that he was at his weakest.
 
She felt drained when everything was finally done. She knew she was feeling weaker than before. She leaned back against the tree as she rested, always keeping an eye on her pups.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha went racing back to where his brother was located. He was out of breath when he finally reached the room. He stopped as he said, “Sesshomaru there has been another attempt to get the pups away from Kagome.”
 
Sesshomaru head shot up as he heard his brother's declaration. His eyes turned blood red from rage as he yelled, “WHAT?!”
 
Inuyasha tried to calm his brother down as he proceeded to tell him what had happened. He also told him that his mate was not happy with him at the moment because he had not been there to protect the pups while she was weak.
 
Sesshomaru closed his eyes as he took all of this in. He now knew that Kagome was mad at him and he would have to beg for her forgiveness because he wasn't there to protect the pups.
 
When he heard that they had captured the intruders and they were in his dungeons a small smile appeared on Sesshomaru's face.
 
Inuyasha was shocked when he saw this. `This is not good. Sesshomaru never smiles about anything. If he's smiling then that means someone is going to die very soon.'
 
They both walked out of the library as they stepped out into the castle proper. They noticed that the sun was about to set as Sesshomaru turns to his brother and said, “Inuyasha, I'm going to have a nice long talk with our prisoners. I want you to stay by Kagome side until I come to get her. Then I will deal with her anger.”
 
Inuyasha nodded that he understood as he walked away from his brother. He only hoped that Sesshomaru could contain his anger long enough to get the information he needed in order to find out who was after his pups.
 
To say the Sesshomaru was mad was an understatement. Sesshomaru was furious. First they come back to find that they were attacking his castle to get to his pups. He then finds out, while he was in his father's library doing research, that there was another attempt in taking the pups and that his mate had to deal with the situation.
 
He knew that she was pissed at him at the moment but he would have to deal with her wrath later. He wanted to interrogate these intruders personally to find out who was after his pups.
 
He made his way down to the dungeons as he heard the screaming of the prisoners they had caught. He stopped outside the cell door as he listened to what was going on inside the room.
 
The prisoner was strapped to a chair as he was being whipped for his arrogance. They had separated the two wanting to see if they could break either of them. They wanted to know who had sent them to get Lord Sesshomaru's pups.
 
The demon was proving to be hard to break. So far they had tried the whips, chains, knives, and hot spikes but he had not uttered a word to them as to who had sent him. “It won't go well for you youkai if you don't tell us who sent you here to get our lords pups. When Lord Sesshomaru returns he will not be as easy as I have been. He will make you talk.”
 
The demon in the chair looked up at his captors. He took a deep breath as he spat on the guards. He got a smirk on his face as he said, “Your fucking Lord will never find out who is after his pups. But when they do get their hands on them he will have no choice but to give in to their demands. No one is going to stop us from getting to them, no one.”
 
Sesshomaru had heard enough as his anger started to grow. No one was going to get his pups away from him. He was determined to protect them with his life, as he knew his mate would do.
 
He stood his full height as he pushed the door open to the cell and stepped in. The guards in the cell room immediately bowed at his presence as the prisoners eyes opened wide. He couldn't believe that Sesshomaru was back in the castle. No one had seen him for 3 days so they thought it was safe to attempt to get to the pups.
 
His fear got the better of him as he saw the Western Lord smile. No one has ever seen him smile. It could only mean one thing he was going to die.
 
Sesshomaru caught the scent of fear coming from the demon sitting in the chair. Up until now they had thought that he was nowhere to be found. But they were mistaken. Now he will get the answer he needs from this fool and if he happened to die while he was talking to him, oh well, he still had one more he could persuade to talk to him.
 
He stood tall as he brought himself to his full height and stepped toward the demon in the chair. A small smile escaped his lips as he brought his claws up and started to let the green poison gas escape from the tips of his fingers.
 
He started to crack his knuckles as he said, “Now you will answer all of my questions. For if you don't answer this Sesshomaru's questions you will die a slow and painful death.”
 
The demon in the chair was frantically struggling, trying to get free. He knew that Sesshomaru's poison claws were one of the deadliest poisons known in the area. There was only one cure for the poison and he was the only one that knew it. So if he wished for you to die then you will die a slow and painful death as the poison ate you from the inside out until there was nothing left.
 
Sesshomaru continued to question the prisoner but he didn't have any success in getting him to talk. He had just slashed him several time with his claws and he started to see the poison take hold. Soon you could hear the demon screaming in agony as the poison did its job.
 
They continued for the better part of an hour questioning the prisoner when suddenly there was an explosion that rocked the castle. Sesshomaru heard a howl coming from somewhere outside the castle. He recognized it as his mate as his eyes flashed red and he took off toward the disturbance.
 
His demon blood was taking over for the call was one of distress from his mate as her pups where in danger. But in the back of his mind he wandered what could have happened to Kagome to make her howl like that in the castle.
 
He reached the west wing of his castle as he saw his guards fighting the intruders. He rushed in to attack as he brought them all down at once with his poisoned whip. When he stepped into the children's room he stopped in mid step, as he was not prepared for the sight he saw.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome sat with her back against the tree. She had just finished the spell on Inuyasha sword to allow him to turn into a full demon but keep control of what he was doing.
 
Using her blood to seal the spell on his sword was what his father had instructed her to do. He said that her miko powers would negate a portion of his protection for his son and allows his demon blood to take over. Her powers were used to seal his human blood for the night to enable him to transform. Her blood also allowed the sword to transform for him as a full demon so he could protect himself and anyone else that he loved.
 
She couldn't take the chance of him going full youkai like he did when he lost the Tetsusaiga. She could tell that he would go into a blood rage and have no control over his demon blood, for it was too powerful for him to control. She wanted to be able to give him some control over what he did.
 
When Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father told her that she would be able to do this with his sword she jumped at the chance. She wanted to be able to protect him during his weakest time and this was a way that she could do it.
 
She slowly opened her eyes when she didn't hear the sounds of pups running all over the place. She saw them sitting down on the ground as they were yawning and rubbing their eyes. She could tell that they were tired. She figured that she should get them inside, feed, bathe, and then put them to bed.
 
She loved the feeling of being a mother. She hoped that one day she will have children of her own that she could be a mother to. With this thought in mind she called to Shippo and Rin to come to her.
 
She braced herself as she saw both kids running her way full tilt. They were not slowing down in the least as they were racing to see who would get to her first. It was a tie as both Rin and Shippo started laughing.
 
Kagome giggled as she put the Tetsusaiga in her obi and then took the children inside for some dinner. They sat and talked about everything that had happened over the last couple of days. She started to see their eyelids close and she knew that she needed to get them cleaned up and to bed before long.
 
Nasume came into the dinning room to see if Kagome needed any help. She noticed her struggling to get the children upstairs as she lends her a hand. Together they took them to the bathing chambers, got them cleaned up and in sleeping yukatas before they took them upstairs to bed.
 
Kagome told Nasume that for tonight she wanted to keep both kids together. This was nothing new since each child had two beds in their room for when they decided to stay with each other.
 
They walked into Rin's room, since it was right next to Sesshomaru's bedchambers, and placed each pup in their own bed. Nasume then said goodnight to Kagome before she turned on her heals and left the room to retire for the night.
 
Kagome kissed her kids on the forehead saying a silent prayer that her children will stay safe for the night.
 
There was still something nagging at the back of her mind that told her danger was near. She put a barrier on the window to protect them from any harm. Her main concern right now was to protect her pups.
 
She looked out into the horizon and noticed that the sun was almost down. She felt like she didn't want to go to bed at this moment so she decided to sit outside for a little while longer.
 
On her way out of the room she put another barrier up on the door to protect Rin and Shippo. She had no idea where Sesshomaru was or for that matter where Inuyasha had run off to again.
 
She let out a deep sigh of frustration. One day she was going to teach her mate not to leave his family for too long or he will wind up losing them forever.
 
She slowly made her way back outside as she reached the tree that she was sitting under before. She sat down as she admired the setting sun with all of its lovely colors. With the changing of the seasons it even made it even more beautiful to admire.
 
All around her the color of the trees were changing. There was orange, yellows, reds, beige, brown, greens, all mixed in to form the vibrant scene before her. Splashes of color were everywhere and she couldn't help but feel happy at seeing all of this. She knew that in her era everyone just took it for granted that there were no more trees in the area.
 
It was all concrete buildings and she missed the gentle bending of the branches as it gave way into the blowing breeze. She sat there and let the cool breeze hit her face as her hair whipped up behind her, having a mind of its own on what it wanted to do.
 
She just hoped that Inuyasha would return soon so she could give him his sword back before the sunset disappeared over the horizon completely.
 
~OoO~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I want to wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!! I hope to have the next chapter finished soon so I can post it for you. Please be patient as I try to finish the chapters so you can enjoy reading them.
 
Kagome has found a way to let Inuyasha become a full demon on the night of the new moon. With the help of his father she was able to cast the spell to protect him. She knows that Sesshomaru loves her but his actions sometimes are not very well thought out. She wants him to start thinking he has a family now that he has to protect and can't deny his responsibilities.
 
As with all new relationships everyone has to grow through growing pains in order to make the bond stronger between the pair. Being a new parent you have to adjust to having someone to take care of and remember that you always can't do what you want to because of the added responsibility.
 
There is an impending danger in the castle as the threat becomes real for Kagome. They are still after the pups but now they are after her as well. Will the spell that Kagome put on Inuyasha's sword work? Will they succeed in getting to Kagome in her weakened state? Join me in the next chapter to find out.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!