InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 24
 
When Inuyasha left his brother he headed down the hallway to where he knew Kagome scent was coming from. He thought it funny that she would be outside with the sun going down.
 
He found her outside under the same tree she was sitting at earlier today as he made his way toward her. He sat next to her as he said, “Kagome, we should go back inside now. The sun is almost down and I will change soon.”
 
Kagome opened her eyes to see Inuyasha sitting next to her. She heard his words of concern as she agreed with his suggestion. She was tired and wanted to go to bed anyway.
 
Inuyasha helped Kagome to stand and before they took one step toward the castle Kagome said, “Inuyasha, here is your sword back. I have made it stronger for you so that on the night of the new moon you will be protected. The spell will only last for this one night each month, but it will be enough to protect you.”
 
Inuyasha took his sword from Kagome as he smiled and said his thanks to her. He knew that she was only trying to protect him on his weakest night. They turned as they started to make their way back into the castle. About halfway there the hair on the back of Kagome's neck started to stand up indicating danger.
 
She quickly pulled her sword from its sheath as she started to growl her displeasure.
 
Inuyasha noticed when Kagome pulled her sword from her sheath, as he quickly smelled the area. He couldn't pick up any scents from the surrounding area and he quickly looked at the sky. He noticed as the last of the day's sun slowly sank over the horizon. His eyes opened wide with understanding as his transformation started to happen. His body pulsed twice as his hair turned black, his eyes were turned to a very light brown, his ears were replaced with human ones, his claws turned into fingernails, and his fangs were gone.
 
A curse escaped his lips as he thought, `Why did this have to happen now when we are about to be attacked. I'm weak now but I'm determined to protect Kagome from any harm.'
 
He turned toward Kagome and said with urgency in his voice, “Kagome, we must get into the castle. The guards there will protect us before they get here.”
 
Kagome shook her head as she said, “It's too late for that. We are surrounded and there is nothing we can do but fight. I know that you may feel weak right now Inuyasha, but until you let your heart know what it is you want to do then my protection of you will not start. Only when your heart knows will the power I gave your sword be awaken.”
 
Inuyasha was confused at what Kagome had just told him. He had no idea what she was talking about and was about to ask what she meant when all of a sudden they were surrounded by at least 20 demons.
 
Inuyasha pulled Tetsusaiga out of the sheath as he took a protective stance in front of Kagome. He started to growl, which didn't sound at all threatening coming from a human as he yelled, “What the fuck do you want!?”
 
The demon that seemed to be in charge stepped forward and said, “We have come for the human wench behind you. Step aside human and allow us to take her and we will spare your life.”
 
Inuyasha smirked as he said, “What makes you think that I'm going to let you take her you bastard! I won't let you take her. You will have to get through me first!”
 
The demon smiled an evil smile as he thought that this human was foolish in trying to protect the female behind him. He howled as five demons stepped forward and attacked.
 
Inuyasha was not as fast as he would have been if he was in his hanyou form but he was still quicker than a human. He slashed with his sword as he cut two of the demons in half before they even got close to him.
 
The remaining demons stopped their attack as they saw what had happened. The leader snorted as they attacked once more with more ferocity.
 
Inuyasha was protecting Kagome with everything he had, he knew that he was losing as he thought, `I have to protect Kagome. I can't let her get hurt. Please Kami give me the strength to protect her.'
 
At that moment his heart knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to protect Kagome with his life and he was determined to do it. His heart ached at the thought of losing her because of his weakened state.
 
Kagome was fighting along side Inuyasha, but in her weakened state she could not transform her sword. Though her sword would protect her from any harm the force of the attacks were taking its toll on her.
 
Inuyasha had managed to push the demons away from him as he was bleeding heavily. He was wavering when he heard his sword pulse to life. It started to glow a bright yellow as it came to life. The aura of the sword surrounded Inuyasha body with its power as the spell that Kagome cast on the sword activated.
 
The sword pulsed three times before the changes happened. His hair became silver once again. His fangs grew longer and so did his claws. His eyes were the same golden color that he has always had. His ears were not the same, as they became elf ears just like his brother. One magenta stripe appeared on each side of his cheek and a blue crescent moon appeared on his forehead indicating his status. His wounds were instantly healed as he took a deep breath and stood in all his glory as a full demon.
 
The demons that were attacking them stopped as they saw the human transform in front of their eyes. His scent was that of a full youkai and the sword he held in his hand had transformed. His aura was powerful it almost rivaled the Lord of the Western Lands.
 
Inuyasha was shocked when he felt the surge of power hit him. He felt stronger than he ever did before. He felt that his wounds were quickly healing and he had no clue why this was happening on the night of the new moon.
 
He looked at his hands and noticed that he had claws again. He felt as his fangs come back and all of his demonic strength returned ten fold. He saw that his hair was back to its silver color as he reached up with his hand and tried to find his ears.
 
To his surprise they were not on top of his head but in the normal place humans would have them. They were pointed just like his brother. He turned looking at Kagome as she smiled at him and said in a very low voice that only he could hear, “I give you this gift, on the night of the new moon a full demon you shall be until the morning when you will return to normal. The Tetsusaiga will transform for you in this form. Use your powers well to protect everyone that you love.”
 
Inuyasha smiled as he heard her words. She couldn't have given him a more perfect gift. He smiled a wicked smile at the demons standing in front of him as he said, “Now you will all die for trying to take away my brothers mate.”
 
Inuyasha moved with speed as he was bring down all of the youkai that wanted to do Kagome harm. He was protecting her when she fell to her knees. He became alarmed as he yelled, “Kagome are you all right?”
 
Kagome was panting hard; she could feel that they were after her pups again. They were at the door to their room trying to break down her barrier. She was getting weaker as she tried to reinforce it but she was losing her battle.
 
“Inuyasha! They are after Shippo and Rin again, we have to get to them!” said Kagome in anguish. She looked up to see that Inuyasha was currently busy with the demons in front of him trying to protect her.
 
She turned her head toward the castle as she tried to stand to go to her pups. But her body refused to move. She was so weak that she started to get angry with herself for being this way.
 
She started pounding her small fist into the ground as anger and frustration were rolling off her small frame. She never wanted to be weak again. She had promised herself that she would be a strong mate for Sesshomaru but she was still proving to be weak.
 
Then she heard the cry of her pups as the power that was deep inside her started to emerge. She gave in to this power, as it would allow her to get to her pups, while her own weaken body refused to move.
 
Her body was engulfed in a ball of light as it spread out killing any of the enemy that was trying to get to her. It blinded all in the area as they all stopped to see what was going on.
 
You could hear Kagome's screams of pain as the light engulfed her body. Inuyasha tried to get to her but a barrier wouldn't let him pass. It did him no harm but the barrier purified anyone else who got close to it.
 
When the light finally died away what remained there in front of them was not a human female. It was a giant white dog, almost the size of Sesshomaru in his true form only slightly smaller, with pure silver fur. Her eyes were the bluest of blues. She held her head up high as she howled into the night calling for her mate to protect her pups as she rushed off to the castle to get to them. She killed any demon that got in her way of making it to her pups.
 
Inuyasha followed her as he killed the last remaining demons that gave chase as he yelled, “WIND SCAR!!!”
 
There was nothing left of the demons that had attacked them outside, his wind scar was even more powerful than before. He turned as he raced after Kagome to find the pups.
 
Kagome was making her way into the west wing of the castle. This area was made to allow someone of her stature to enter unhindered. The ceilings were high enough that she didn't have to crawl in or change into a human form to get to her pups.
 
The castle guards saw the big female dog come into the wing and didn't know what to do. They knew that this was a demon but they have never met a female demon in its true form like their lord.
 
The demon dog didn't pay them any attention as it rushed by them killing the intruders as she went. Whatever she was after laid ahead and the guards followed her lead.
 
Kagome was rushing to get to her pups. On her way there she saw as a group of demons had some of the children from the castle in their grasp. She turned as she growled at the intruders to release the pups.
 
The demons had no idea who this demon dog was but they were not about to give up the slaves they had captured. They will make good slaves for their master and they were not about to give up their prize.
 
Kagome anger grew as she snarled. She had to be careful or they will hurt the children. She thought for a split second when she started an incantation. The children in the demons grasp started to glow a pure white and the demons released them immediately. The glowing light was purifying them as they held the children.
 
But when they looked at the pups it did them no harm. All of the children were then pulled toward her as they landed safely at her feet. Now she was free to attack without injuring them.
 
With one swipe of her claws she killed them all. Satisfied that there were no more intruders near the pups she released the spell around them as she lowered her nose to them. She checked to make sure they were not injured when she hard a noise close by.
 
She raised her heard as she growl for them to keep their distance from the pups. She noticed that it was the female servants from the castle as they watch with tears in their eyes for their pups.
 
She turned to the pups standing by her feet as she nudged them toward their mothers. The children took off as they reached their mothers and started to cry. The mothers in turn hugged their pups and comforted them. They looked up at the demon dog and said their thanks as the left the area with their pups.
 
Kagome then turned and started to race down the hallway toward her own pups that needed her help.
 
When Kagome got to the pups room she took her massive claws and killed the demons that were trying to break down her barrier. She pushed the door open with her snout and saw her pups on the bed crying. She walked over to them and nuzzled each one as she grabbed them and put them on her back.
 
She yipped, growled, and barked at her pups to see if they would understand what she wanted them to do.
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo and Rin were scared out of their minds knowing that they were under attack again as they tried to get them out of their room. Their mother's barrier held tight, which prevented the intruders from getting into the room.
 
When they heard a loud sound outside their door they both yelled, “OKAA-SAN!!!!” at the top of their lungs to get there mothers attention. They didn't know how much longer her barrier was going to last as the intruders continued to beat on the barrier trying to bring it down.
 
They huddled together trying to give each other comfort when they heard a vicious growl come from outside the door. Shippo braced himself as the door flew open to reveal a giant white demon dog with blue eyes standing in front of him.
 
He wanted to protect Rin but he was just too scared to do anything but just sit there. The dog entered the room as she gave them each a nuzzle and purred to calm them down. He looked at the dog and notice that it had the same blue eyes like his mother.
 
The dog's eyes were kind and gentle never showing that it was going to do them any harm. They both felt comforted by her nuzzle as they calmed down. They were surprised when they were both picked up very gently and placed on her back as he heard what the demon dog was saying.
 
Shippo could understand this language since it was similar to the language he spoke to his parents. He turned to Rin and said, “Rin hold on tight Okaa is going to get us out of here!”
 
Rin's eyes grew big as she asked, “Shippo this is Okaa?”
 
Shippo smiled and said, “Yes Rin this is Okaa and she is going to get us away from here.”
 
Both pups held on tight as they both turned to their mother and smiled. Kagome was about to leap from the window when a familiar scent reached her nose. She turned as she saw her mate coming into the room. She growled her displeasure at him and then leaped through the window with her pups on her back.
 
The only thing that you could see was a big white ball of fur running away from the castle with two pups holding on tight.
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to see a big white female demon dog, as she was about to leap from the window with the pups on her back. He saw her turn towards him as she gave him a vicious growl for not protecting her pups. She leaped as he ran to the window and saw her running away from the castle.
 
Sesshomaru realized that this female dog demon was his mate, `How did she turn into a true Inu Youkai? Why is my mate changing so much?' These were the questions that were running through his mind as he saw his mate leave with their pups.
 
His anger grew as he transformed into his true form and gave chase. He had no idea what had happened to change his mate into this form but he was going to find out.
 
He jumped from the window as he followed. He knew that she would have to stop soon for she will not be able to keep this form for too much longer. It took a great deal of energy to maintain this form and she had not fully recovered from the other day.
 
Kagome ran as far away as possible with the pups on her back. The hair on her back had wrapped itself around the pups to keep them warm and to keep them secure as she ran. She came to a lake as she slowed her pace. She didn't feel any danger in the area as she finally stopped to catch her breath.
 
She turned her head as she saw Shippo and Rin sleeping soundly on her back as she smiled. She looked up into the moonless sky and wondered who in the hell was after her and her pups. `Why do they want Shippo and Rin so bad? And why are they after me now? Could they be trying to get to Sesshomaru through the pups and me?
 
If these demons got their hands on Shippo and Rin then Sesshomaru would bend to their will. He would give them whatever they desired as long as they didn't hurt the pups. So why are they after me? Do I… do I… represent a threat in their plans? It must be the reason because they didn't expect for me to be so protective of the children.'
 
This was all confusing to her as she heard a noise behind her and turned to meet the threat head on. She was tired and her strength was starting to leave her. She saw as another white demon dog came towards her as she growled for him to stop.
 
Her lips curled into a snarl as she showed her fangs. Her salvia was dripping from her mouth as it landed on the ground below melting anything that came in contact with it. Her ears lowered to her head indicating that she was serious about her warning. She was protecting her pups as she slightly lowered her front legs ready to leap and attack the demon dog that had presented itself in the clearing.
 
Sesshomaru was following Kagome deep into the forest. She was heading away from the castle and she had the two pups with her. He could tell that he was getting closer to her location as her scent became stronger; he put on a burst of speed to catch up to her. He finally made it to the lake where she was located as he slowly approached her. She was a full demon now and she was a mother protecting her pups.
 
She was dangerous no matter how you put it so he would have to try and convince her that she was his mate and he wished her no harm.
 
He stopped just a few feet away from her when he heard her growls. He growled back and said, `Mate, please you must come back with me.'
 
She shook her head as she said, `Why do I want to go back to a place that wants to take away my pups? You are never there to protect us. I can go elsewhere and protect my pups and not have to worry about them being taken away from me.'
 
Sesshomaru didn't know what to do. She had every right to be mad at him for the way he has been acting. In all his life he never had to be attentive to anyone beside himself. Now he had a family that he had to protect and he had messed this up royally.
 
He lowered his ears to his head as he whimpered his apology to her. When she wouldn't accept his apology he lowered himself to the ground as he crawled over to her, whining hoping to get her to forgive him.
 
Kagome took a step back as she saw him coming closer. She didn't know what he was planning but she will not easily give in to his whimpers. She was mad as hell at him for not protecting their pups.
 
Sesshomaru continued to crawl towards her as he started to purr. He saw her close her eyes as she heard the soothing sounds of his purrs. He continued to crawl to her as he finally reached her and gave her a nuzzle and a lick under her chin asking for forgiveness.
 
Kagome relented as she moved closer to his touch and forgave him for his actions. She still loved him no matter what.
 
Sesshomaru stood as he looked at the sleeping children on her back as he said, `We should go back to the castle. The enemy has been defeated and it's safe once again. If we stay out here in the open we will be in danger with the pups.'
 
Kagome agreed as she followed Sesshomaru back to the castle. When they arrived everyone was outside waiting for their return. They saw the two demons dogs return as everyone got down on one knee to greet them.
 
Kagome sniffed the area and saw that it was once again safe for her pups as she collapsed on the ground. Sesshomaru was at her side in an instant as he tried to see what was wrong with her.
 
The transformation had proved to be too much for her as she slowly started to transform back to her normal form.
 
Sesshomaru saw what was happening and transformed with her as he stayed by her side. When they were back in their human form he noticed that Kagome had lost her clothes. The pups were gently resting against her stomach as he heard his mate purr with contentment.
 
He quickly put his tail over her as he took off his haori and then wrapped her up in it.
 
He saw what appeared to be his brother approaching him but his appearance was different. He smelled like a full-blooded youkai as he started to growl to keep his distance from him, his mate, and his pups.
 
Inuyasha upon hearing his brother's growls quickly kneeled on one knee and said, “Brother, please let me help you with your mate and pups.”
 
Sesshomaru recognized his brother's voice and it was his scent that he was picking up but it was different. He had said that he would be human on this night so why was he then a full blooded youkai? “Inuyasha, did you not tell this Sesshomaru that tonight was your weakest night? But yet you hold a full demon form, explain to this Sesshomaru how this could happen.”
 
Inuyasha quickly explained to his brother what Kagome had done to his sword. He told him that this was her gift to him to make sure he would always be protected. Instead of him being human on this night he will turn into a full youkai with full control over his demonic blood.
 
Sesshomaru took all of this information in as he turned and looked at his mate. `She is more powerful than before. She has turned into a true Inu youkai and has given the ability for his brother to be a full demon with control of his demonic blood. Whatever she had read in those books must have given her the knowledge that she needed to do this. But how could this be? I thought my father had the strongest spells but hers are even stronger than mine.'
 
He never offered to give her his fathers spell books because it was the secret to his strength. If she learned the spells contained in his fathers books she would be stronger than him.
 
He couldn't take that chance for he needed to exert his dominance over her. He would have to find out what these spell were and who they belonged to. He could not take the chance of her becoming stronger than him.
 
He looked at his brother as he said, “Inuyasha, you grab the pups and I'll take Kagome. Bring them to my chambers upstairs. I don't want them far from us incase they come back to get them.”
 
Inuyasha bowed his head in agreement as he moved to get Shippo and Rin. Once the kids were securely in his arms he moved toward the castle as he went up to Sesshomaru's bedchamber. When he reached the bedroom he placed them on the bed and covered them as he waited for his brother to arrive.
 
Sesshomaru slowly picked up his mate as he cradled her against his chest. He truly had no idea what was going on or why she was changing this much. He would have to wait for the Lord to the Northern Lands to reply to his inquiry to see if he could shed some light on all of this.
 
He moved slowly back to the castle as he saw all of his servants there waiting for him to approach. They were all still kneeling on one knee as the one that was elected to speak said, “My Lord, is the Lady of the Castle all right?”
 
Sesshomaru was surprised that the servants were concerned about his mate as he asked, “Why are all of you concerned about my mate?”
 
The servant that was speaking to him rose from his knee as he looked into the Taiyoukai eyes and said, “Because my lord we all care deeply for milady. She is kind and asks nothing of us in return. She protects us like you my lord and we all love her dearly. We wish no harm to come to her.”
 
This was the first time that Sesshomaru has ever heard that all of his servants cared about his mate. He sighed as he answered his question. “Yes, she is all right. All she needs is some rest and she should be back on her feet by morning.”
 
Everyone was happy to hear this news as they saw the lord of the castle entering it with his mate in his arms.
 
Sesshomaru slowly made his way toward his private wing. When he entered his bedchambers he saw his brother there protecting the pups.
 
Once Inuyasha saw Sesshomaru walking into the room with his mate he bowed and left the room to give them privacy. He made sure to close the door behind him as he left the room.
 
In the absence of his brother Inuyasha took it upon himself to talk to the commander of the guards. He had them place extra security around the castle. He put the castle on high alert watching for any approaching threat.
 
He called for Sesshomaru's spies as he gave them orders to track down any of the enemy that had left the area and follow them back to their headquarters. They were not to kill them, he needed to find out where they went to and find out who was behind all of this.
 
The guards easily obeyed his orders without question. The crest on his forehead indicating his status was enough for them. He was second in line to receive the Western Lands and brother to their lord.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru saw as his brother left and closed the door. He placed Kagome on the bed as he got her comfortable. He then turned his attention to the two sleeping pups in his bed as he went to check on them. They were not hurt and for this he was thankful.
 
He stripped his clothes as he got into bed next to Kagome. He now had his entire family in the same bed with him and he couldn't be happier. He will have to find out who is after his mate and pups and put a stop to all of this. He needed to speak to his commanders but he wasn't about to leave his mate unprotected again. They will have to wait until morning.
 
He felt that his mate had not regained her control over the power that was still surging through her body. It was very powerful, the like of which he had never sensed before. He wondered where she got all of this power from since he had never sensed it before.
 
He pulled Kagome into his arms as he buried his nose into her hair. Her sweet scent filled his lungs as he was finally able to relax and go to sleep. He just hoped that he would be able to talk to Kagome in the morning without her getting angry with him.
 
~oOo~
 
A few hours later Kagome started to move. Her aura was starting to grow again as she struggled against Sesshomaru's hold on her.
 
Sesshomaru immediately felt when his mate started to wakeup from her sleep. He noticed that her aura was flaring again and he was not about to relinquish his hold on her. He was not about to let her get free, they still had the pups in the room with them and if her powers got out of control then she could hurt them unintentionally.
 
Kagome started to growl when the demon wouldn't relinquish his hold on her. She was looking for her pups and no one was going to stop her from finding them. Her eyes flashed red as she was gathering her powers to strike at the one holding her down.
 
With a vicious growl she said, `Release me! I want my pups!'
 
Sesshomaru shifted his body so he was on top of her pinning her down. Instincts told him what to do as his youkai came forth to subdue the demon in his mate. He had made his mate submit to him but the demon inside her had yet to submit to his youkai. He had to get her to submit to his will or he would never have control over her.
 
Kagome felt the pressure on her back as she was pinned to the bed. Her anger was growing with every second that passed. She moved her legs up as she tried to push her body off the bed to get the bastard from behind her to let go. But he applied more pressure to her back and push her back down.
 
Kagome was getting frustrated in trying to get away from the demon that was pinning her down. She would not submit until she found her pups. They were the only things on her mind as she continued to be difficult.
 
Sesshomaru struggled with her trying to keep her pinned to the bed while he was on her back. His fangs grew as he grabbed her by the back of the neck and applied pressure. He didn't bite hard enough to break the skin but enough that she felt the pressure on her neck and she stopped moving.
 
Kagome found it hard to get out of the position she was in. She wanted to get free so she could find her pups. She was about to blast the demon on her back when she felt the pain on the back of her neck.
 
She stopped her movement as she laid still. The pain was immense and after he had seen that she stopped struggling he let up on his hold. When she tried to move again the pressure came back to make her stop.
 
She whimpered and cried as she pleaded, `Please, let go. I want my pups.'
 
Sesshomaru growled a reply to her, `Pups are safe here with us mate. Submit!'
 
Kagome recognized the growls of her mate as she heard his words and found no deceit in them. He had not lied to her in the past and she knew he would not lie to her now. She stopped struggling as she laid flat on the bed and whimpered, `Female submits to leader male.'
 
Sesshomaru upon hearing her submission let go of her neck and started to lick her shoulder as a sign that he accepted her submission. He lifted her off the bed while he held her in his arms to make sure she would not escape his hold.
 
He turned her so she could see her pups as he growled, `Pups are safe. I will not leave them unprotected.'
 
Kagome locked her eyes on her pups, as they appeared to be sound asleep right next to her. She was exhausted as she slumped forward in Sesshomaru's arms. He placed her gently on the bed as he tucked her under him so she would feel his dominance over her. In this way she understood that he was the alpha and she was safe.
 
It was important that she learn this. In a pack the alpha would dominate the females so they wouldn't leave the pack looking for other males. Him pinning her under him established that he was the strongest of the pack and as such she was to stay with him.
 
He also established that he wanted her as his mate when he grabbed her neck and forced her to submit, his teeth never breaking her skin to hurt her in any way. He covered her body with his; it was his way of protecting her from harm.
 
Kagome quickly settled down when she felt his presence on top of her. It was a feeling of being protected within his arms and body. He was purring and licking her shoulder while it gave her a sense of calm and she relaxed. Her eyes closed as she finally fell into a deep sleep.
 
Sesshomaru breathed a deep sigh of relief when his mate finally settled back down. He was on top of her pinning her to the bed. His head rested gently on her shoulder as his tail came up to enfold them in its warms. His arms were around her keeping her as close to him as possible.
 
He fell asleep this way making sure that she wouldn't leave his side.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. This will be the last chapter for this year. I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope to be able to write more chapters during this long weekend. It's been a pain not being able to write because of my eyesight. But its getting better and now I'm able to see what I'm typing. Two and a half months is too long not being able to focus on what I love to do. I figure this story will run at least 30 chapters so we are getting close to the end of the story. So stay with me.
 
As you can see Kagome is undergoing some changes that Sesshomaru can't understand. In many ways Kagome is acting very much like a wild dog and Sesshomaru's dominance over her is what sets the social structure for a pack.
 
Inuyasha now has the ability to turn full youkai during the night of the new moon. This was Kagome's gift to him for being weak on this night. She still wanted to protect him during his weakened time so she changed the protection of his sword for this to happen. Of course she had the help from his father who gave her the spell. But there is more to this spell than meets the eye.
 
In the next chapter the Lord of the Northern Lands arrive to give Sesshomaru his answers to his question. But the attacks don't stop. They are still after Shippo and Rin as they continue to fight to protect them.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!