InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 25
 
Morning came and with it no sun shinned down on the Western Lands. The clouds had moved in over night making the day look dreary. The winds were blowing gently bringing with it the tell tale signs of fall. It was cooler than most days as the leaves continued to change with the season.
 
Soon the trees would be bear and winter would set in full force. For the residents of the Western Lands it meant that they had to be prepared for the hard months ahead. Food would be scarce and they needed to stock up on supplies. For months now the residence of the Western Lands were bringing in their harvest and storing them for this purpose. It would keep their people feed during these trying times.
 
The castle was in a grim mood. The attack from the previous night left everyone shaken. No one knew why they were after the Lords pups or for that matter why they would be after the Lady of the Castle.
 
The female youkai servants kept their pups close to them during this time. No longer would they let them play within the confines of the castle. Fear was evident on everyone faces that they might be attacked again.
 
The pups being so young didn't understand why they couldn't go out and play any longer. The fall was the best time of year to play since the leaves on the ground made for a great time of just hiding within its folds. They were saddened but they would not disobey their mother's orders, as they stayed close to be protected.
 
Shippo was the first to awaken this morning as he started to stretch and yawn. He sat up in bed as he rubbed his eyes trying to get the sleep out of them so he could see.
 
Rin started to move the moment she felt that Shippo was awake. She stretched and yawned as she sat up next to Shippo and rubbing her eyes.
 
When they both got their eyes in focus they noticed that they were not in Rin's room. They both looked to the side and noticed that Sesshomaru and their mother were lying next to them. The odd thing was that Sesshomaru had their mother pinned under him keeping her close.
 
They were about to pounce on them when they heard the door open slowly as they both froze and looked to see who would be coming into the room.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had been up since early this morning. He had returned to his normal form with minor exceptions. He kept his demonic stripes on his face. He had also come to notice that the marks were also on his wrist, hips, and ankles, just like his brother. The thing that he noticed was that he didn't have a tail like his brother. This was fine with him since he didn't think that he could handle one. It would just get in his way.
 
He still had the crescent moon on his forehead, the symbol of the Western Lands. These were the only differences that had remained from his transformation now that he was back in his hanyou form.
 
He was currently outside his brother's room keeping watch as they slept. He could sense that the pups had awakened and that his brother and mate had still not recovered fully from their ordeal from last night.
 
He thought it best to get the pups out of the room and let his brother and mate sleep for a while longer to regain their strength.
 
He stepped up to the door as he slowly opened it to make sure it didn't make any noise like it did last night. He saw what the pups were about to do as he put his finger to his lips, signaling them to be quit and for them to come to him.
 
To his delight the pups obeyed and went to him. They slipped out of the room as he closed the door behind them.
 
Little did he know that his brother was watching what he was doing as a small smile graced his features. He was grateful that his brother had come in to get the pups it would allow him and his mate some more time to recover.
 
Both pups stopped outside the door as they turned and stared at Inuyasha. They were curious as Shippo looked up and asked with innocent eyes, “Why does Sesshomaru have Mama pinned to the bed like that? Is it a new game they are playing?”
 
Inuyasha blushed a furious red at the pups question as he kneeled down so he could be eye level with them as he explained. “No Shippo it's not a new game. Sesshomaru did that so your mother knew that she was safe and wouldn't react violently to anyone entering or being in the same room with her. Remember your mother has yet to control all of her emotions and abilities so she could hurt someone without her knowing about it.
 
When you're both older all of these things will be explained to you so you know what it really means. For now it just Sesshomaru's way of protecting your mother.”
 
Both pups nodded their heads that they understood. Inuyasha stood as he grabbed each pup by the hand and led them away so they can get cleaned up and feed.
 
Nasume showed up just in time to help him with the pups. He would not leave their side until Sesshomaru was awake and with them. Together they took care of Shippo and Rin as the guards were stationed every few feet making sure they stayed safe.
 
The castle guard's honor had been put into question of not being able to protect the pups of their Lord. This did not sit well with the guards for they prided themselves on how well they did their job. But as of late they were still unable to protect the pups from attacks and this upset them greatly.
 
They were making every effort to let them be normal but also protect them with their lives should they try again to grab them. So security was still at its highest until they found out who was after them and why.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome started to stir awake as she felt a heavy weight on her back. She tried to move but the more she moved the more pressure would be applied on her back. She sighed the only way she was going to get out of this was to wake her mate and get him off her.
 
“Sesshomaru?” she called gently for her mate as she waited patiently for him to wake up.
 
Sesshomaru awoke the moment his mate started to move. Fearing that she might not have control over her powers he tightened his hold on her and refused to let her get up. He sniffed the air and noticed that her aura was back to normal as he raised his head to look at his mate.
 
A low growl escaped his lips as he started to lick her shoulder in a soothing manner to keep her calm. He wanted to talk to her but he didn't need her anger at the moment.
 
Kagome moaned as she felt the attention that Sesshomaru was showing her. He got to a point on her back and she started to giggle. He had found a ticklish spot and now he had the upper hand.
 
Sesshomaru smirked as he heard her giggle and continued to tickle her. He had her in fits of laughter as he quickly rolled her over and kissed her good morning.
 
They finally had to break away from each other in order to breathe but their current position was slowly raising the heat in their body as they looked into each other's eyes. He leaned his head down as he said in her ear, “Please join me in the hot springs.”
 
Kagome smiled as she agreed to his request and he slowly got off her. They both got up and put on a robe on as they made their way into their private hot springs.
 
An hour later Kagome was resting comfortably against a very sedated Sesshomaru chest as she sighed in contentment. She had been thinking about everything that has happened in the last few days.
 
She took in all the accounts of everything that has happened to her since she has been with Sesshomaru. She started to put everything into perspective and she noticed a pattern to the attacks.
 
She turned as she looked at Sesshomaru and said, “Sesshomaru, we have to talk about these attacks that have been happening lately. I have been thinking about it a lot and I want your opinion to my theories on what is going on.”
 
Sesshomaru opened his eyes the moment Kagome started to speak. He listened intently to what she was saying. He sighed as he said, “Agreed mate, we should get out of here and then go into my study so we can discuss this. I want to bring Inuyasha into the conversation to see if he has any knowledge or thoughts about what is going on.”
 
Kagome agreed to his request as they both got out of the hot springs and put their robes on. They left the hot springs heading back to their room. While they were getting dressed they sent word for Inuyasha to join them in Sesshomaru study.
 
By the time Kagome and Sesshomaru showed up Inuyasha was there with the pups running around playing with each other.
 
Kagome smiled as she had a thought, walked over to Inuyasha, and whispered in his ear. He smiled as he quickly exited the study and returned a few minutes later with some coloring books and crayons. He gave them to Kagome as she smiled and said her thanks.
 
Kagome walked over to her pups as she said, “Hey guys, we have some important things we have to discuss and we want you two to be quite. So how about Shippo teaches Rin how to color in the coloring book.”
 
Kagome handed the books and crayons to Shippo as a big smile appeared on his face, he jumped into his mother's arms and showered her with kisses in thanks for the present.
 
He jumped back out of her arms as they went to a corner of the room and he started to show Rin the joys of crayons and coloring books.
 
Kagome knew that it would occupy them for hours and that they wouldn't pay attention to what they were saying in the room. This gave her some amount of relief knowing that a) they wouldn't over hear how great the danger was to them and b) she had them near her incase they attacked again.
 
While Kagome was busy with the pups Inuyasha took the time to tell his brother what he had done in his absence after last nights attack. He offered his apologies for over stepping his authority in ordering his guard around.
 
He told him that he had sent some of his spies after any youkai that might have escaped the attack last night and follow them to their headquarters. He told them to bring the information back once they knew where the intruders were heading.
 
Sesshomaru was surprised that his brother had taken steps to secure the castle and protect his family. He took on responsibility with no problem and did it well. He noticed that he still had his demon markings and the crescent moon on his forehead signifying that he was of royal blood. He was about to ask him about it when he saw his mate turning towards them.
 
Kagome turned to the other two males in the room as her expression became serious, “I have been giving this a lot a thought lately on why they have been after Rin and Shippo and why they are now after me. I believe that we have two separate groups that are trying to either control or kill Sesshomaru. One of the groups want a way to manipulate him so that he would give in to their demands or the second group wants him out of the way so they can take over the Western Lands.”
 
Sesshomaru was listening to what his mate was saying. He was keeping his stoic mask in place but on the inside he was very confused. He wanted to know how she came to this conclusion as he said, “Kagome how did you come up with these conclusions? They have only been after the pups and this last attack they wanted you. So how could they be after me?”
 
Kagome thought for a few minutes and then she realized that she had never told him about the salve at his training sanctuary and the poison that he got. She took a deep breath as she proceeded to tell him why they were after him but first she wanted some answers of her own.
 
“When we were at your training sanctuary who else was there that we never got to see? I know that there were others there because I would find my things laying on the bed for me to bathe with or I would find them in the bathing house but I never saw or sensed anyone else there. Who were they Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked with curiosity in her voice.
 
Sesshomaru sighed he didn't understand how this had anything to do with the subject at hand. He was getting irritated as he snapped back, “What does this have to do with them wanting to get to the pups or you?”
 
Kagome was getting mad as she said, “Just answer the damn question and I will give you the answer to yours.”
 
Sesshomaru growled at his mate's attitude, he huffed as he said, “There are shadow demons that take care of the sanctuary. They were the only ones there during the time we were there. Now, what does this have to do with what we are discussing here?” He hated repeating himself and it seemed that he was doing a lot of it lately.
 
Kagome's angered flared as her aura got stronger. Her eyes locked with Sesshomaru as they stared at each other. It was a stare of strength and neither wanted to back down from the other.
 
Kagome kept her eyes on him as she let her anger grow he would have to learn how to trust in her instincts as she said, “Because Sesshomaru, before you had to take me back to my era so the healers there could take care of my problem, you were poisoned. That's what started the headaches in the first place.
 
The salve you used was laced with a powerful poison. When you tried to take care of your wounds, that I inflected on you, instead of it helping you heal and prevent the wounds from getting infected, it did the opposite.
 
Your wounds became worse, they became infected to the point where you had a high fever.” At this point Kagome looked away from Sesshomaru. The feeling of guilt washed over her for hurting him in the first place.
 
She contained her emotions as continued with her story, “I found the salve and was curious to see what was in it. When I picked it up and sniffed the contents I could automatically tell that it was laced with some kind of poison.
 
When I checked you again, to make sure you didn't have any poison in your body, I detected the poison and it was rapidly spreading. The poison was a slow acting one to make you suffer. It was slowly killing you. So whoever put the poison in the salve is the one who is trying to kill you.”
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to hear this he never knew that he was poisoned and that she had saved his life. He looked at his mate, as her scent was one of fear and hurt. She feared he would be mad at her for hurting him in the first place.
 
Kagome gathered herself again as she continued. “They started coming after Shippo and Rin when I accepted you as a mate. After the first attempt to take them away the enemy realized that I would protect them with my life.
 
Since I'm to become your mate and I have been protecting the children I have now become a threat to the second group that has been trying to get you under their control.
 
You're nearing your 225th year of rule and finding a mate has triggered all of these events. I believe the attempt on your life was so you would die and they would be able to take over the Western Lands, but now that Inuyasha is here they will not be able to do so. For the line of secession will go to Inuyasha now that my spell has revealed his true heritage, no one will deny him his birthright.
 
If we can't come up with a viable solution to this problem then I will make it for everyone. I will decline you as a mate and the children will be safe for the moment but the attempt on your life will continue. You must be on guard for they will try to kill you again Sesshomaru.”
 
At her last statement Sesshomaru shot out of his chair as he grabbed her in his arms. He was pissed beyond reason as he viciously growled, “You will not refuse this Sesshomaru as a mate! We will not give in to their demands to rule over the Western Lands. The people have already accepted you as their queen and they will not be denied.
 
This Sesshomaru will not give you up without a fight but we must start your training for the challenge. In one months time all this will come to a head as we face our enemy together. I will protect you and the pups from any harm as will the rest of my kingdom.”
 
Kagome was trying to get out of his grip as he held her close to his heart. Never before had she felt such emotions coming from him. She let her love for him encircle his body as a bond started to form.
 
Slowly the two auras merged into one. This could only happen during the final act of the mating ritual. The bonding was not a total one but it tied her more to him than she realized. She went weak in his arms as she fell against his chest.
 
Sesshomaru having felt part of the bonding of their auras, which they would share at the final mating ritual, collapsed to his knees as Inuyasha rushed to his side.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had been listening to everything being said between Kagome and Sesshomaru. He never knew that his brother was poisoned and almost died.
 
He was surprised that Kagome was responsible for his markings so he would be recognized as heir to the Western Lands. Something, which he noted, that his father never gave him before his death.
 
The demon markings were given to a pup once they came of age. His father had died before he could bestow his markings on him. Kagome must have found a way, with her spells, to reveal the markings that were hidden deep inside him.
 
He felt honored and overjoyed to be accepted in his own home again.
 
Kagome's last statement had brought him out of his thoughts when he saw his brother rush to her side. The mire thought of losing her sent him over the edge. He had never seen his brother that emotional as his aura flared out to engulf Kagome.
 
He saw as her power came forth as they mixed into a stronger bond. `This is impossible! This can only happen at the end of the mating ritual when he marks her as his mate. What is going on?'
 
When he saw his brother collapse to his knees he rushed to his side. He stopped when he heard his brother's growls of warning as he kneeled before him with his head bowed.
 
Sesshomaru beast was almost to the point of taking over as he fought for control. His beast wanted to claim the miko for he felt threatened that he would lose her. Slowly he was gaining back his control as he told his brother, “Inuyasha the mating must happen by the next full moon. If we don't mate we will both die. The partial bonding that we just went through proves that she is destined for me.
 
We cannot survive a partial bonding but our powers won't be at their peak until the night of the full moon. We must make plans for the challenge. I will be counting on you from now on to take on some additional duties for now I cannot leave her side. It would tear our souls apart if I did.”
 
Inuyasha understood the gravity of his brother's words. Partial bonding meant that they were attached to each other life force. If they didn't complete the bonding then the female will die for she would not be strong enough to break the bond.
 
He knew that Kagome was not weak but Sesshomaru was very powerful. He had powers that he had yet to tap into and he knew it.
 
He saw as his brother stood and picked Kagome up in his arms as he was trying to leave the room. “Sesshomaru? Where are you going with Kagome?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped as he said in a tired voice. “We are going to lay down for a while. Even a partial bonding weakens this Sesshomaru. Protect the pups, I will make sure that I protect Kagome.”
 
With that Sesshomaru left his study as he went towards his chambers. He was tired as he finally made it there and lay down in his bed with his mate in his arms. He put a strong barrier around the room before he allowed himself to rest.
 
~oOo~
 
The next morning Sesshomaru started to stir. The sun was trying to peak out over the gray skies. It looked to be another gloomy day as the wind was gently blowing its cool breeze in through the window.
 
He looked down and found that Kagome was still asleep in his arms. She looked beautiful as he buried his nose in her hair. Her scent was wonderful as it soothed and calmed him. He never wanted to hear that she would leave him. His demon had almost broken free of his restraints and calmed her as his own. He wanted nothing more than to give in to his urges but he had to live by the laws.
 
He knew that the laws were stupid but he had to enforce them just the same. He knew that once his inner youkai had declared his mate that there will be nothing that would change his mind. Kagome was his and his alone and he would not give her up. He was protective and very possessive of her.
 
He trusted the council of his inner youkai for he would always come and help him in his time of need. But this time he had to restrain him with everything he had. He had finally gotten him to understand that this was the right thing to do and he had to help him train her. His inner youkai finally agreed to his plan but with many objections.
 
He looked at his beautiful mate once more before he started to lick her neck in order to wake her. They needed to start her training so she could get stronger.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome started to stir when she felt a hot wet tongue on her neck. She moaned in pleasure as her eyes started to open. She noticed that she still had her clothes on and they were in bed and wondered what happened. The last thing she remembered, she was in Sesshomaru's study and she had declared that she would refuse Sesshomaru for a mate to stop the attacks on the pups when he got upset at her.
 
She had never in her life, since being with Sesshomaru, felt that much emotion coming from him. It overpowered her in an instant and that's the last thing she remembered.
 
Kagome's curiosity was getting the best of her. She turned to him and said, “Sesshomaru what happened? How did I get here?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped his attack on her neck as he sighed. He sat up in bed as he brought her with him not willing to let her go. He sat her in his lap as he proceeded to tell her everything that has happened to her that she didn't remember.
 
Kagome was shocked. She had no idea that she had gone into a blood rage or that she had turn into a true Inu Youkai. Now he was telling her that they also had a partial bonding. Her head was spinning with the information as she tried to see if she had absorbed any information about what might be happening to her.
 
Try as she might she had not read anything that would give her any information on what had happened to her. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't hear what Sesshomaru had said to her until he shook her to get her attention.
 
“Kagome, did you hear what I said?” Asked Sesshomaru with concern, his mate had gone to a place without him and her eyes were totally devoid of any life.
 
Kagome blinked and her eyes came into focus as she turned her attention to him and said, “I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying.”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he turned to her and said, “I know you weren't listening to me. But we must get on with your training. In less than a month's time the other Demon Lords of the lands will be here to test you. We have to get you prepared for the battle ahead.”
 
Kagome agreed with his statement as they both got out of bed and got dressed in their training clothes. They went down to the training dojo and started training again even harder than before. Sesshomaru was determined not to lose his mate. He had confidence that she will be able to survive the test and they would be allowed to mate.
 
After the first few hours of being in the dojo Kagome and Sesshomaru had to move there training into the surrounding forest. In one of the attacks that Kagome had launched at Sesshomaru she had almost leveled the building.
 
Not wanting to endanger the castle population they moved deep into the forest to continue their training. Away from anyone that could possibly be hurt if their attacks went astray.
 
One week after they started training again Sesshomaru received word that the Lords of the North, South, and East would be coming to the ceremony. He had about two weeks to prepare for their arrival at his castle. They would be arriving very close to the night of the full moon.
 
Sesshomaru was in his study doing some paperwork on the status of the harvest for this season. He needed to know that his kingdom was going to survive the winter this year. It was a known fact that some areas did better than others and he would shift the surplus of food to areas that needed it.
 
His mate to be was outside with the pups playing. He was very close to where they were and he could be there before the next heartbeat if there was any trouble. He knew that Inuyasha was with her and he was being very protective of her and the pups.
 
He was still going through the reports on his desk when he heard a knock on the door. He always hated to be disturbed when he was working as he said in a very irritated voice, “Enter!”
 
He didn't bother to look up from what he was doing as he heard a deep low voice say, “Is this any way to treat a friend of the family? Especially when you send this Tususki a letter asking him for help.”
 
Sesshomaru nearly jumped out of his seat when he heard Tususki voice. He had not expected him for at least another week or so when the rest of the members of the four lands gathered to approve his mate.
 
He was relieved to see him but he still kept his stoic mask in place as he stood to greet his honored guest, “Lord Tususki, I'm glad that you could come. I was just expecting a letter from you. I had no idea that you were going to be coming here in person to answer my questions.”
 
Tususki looked into the eyes of his friend's eldest son. He noticed a slight change in them, as he seemed to be happy for the first time in his life. He knew that his choice in mate was the source of his happiness.
 
He sat down in the chair in front of his desk as he said, “I see that you have used your fathers gift to find the perfect mate and I take it that you agree with its choice for you?”
 
Sesshomaru growled at his implications as he sat down in his own chair and waited to see if his father old friend would answer his questions.
 
Tususki chuckled as he saw Sesshomaru's expression and he continued, “You have some questions that you can't find the answers to on pure heart miko's. I will try to answer as many questions as I can but first I would love to meet this pure heart miko that has captured your heart.”
 
Sesshomaru was about to agree to his request when he felt the soothing aura moving around the castle. A sweet voice was being carried by the wind as it soothed the castle inhabitance.
 
Tususki felt the calming affect of the aura that was being spread throughout the castle. He had never in his life felt this at ease with himself as he turned to Sesshomaru and asked, “Sesshomaru, what is causing that soothing aura to go around the castle?”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he said, “That my dear friend is my intended. She must be telling the pups a story again. When she tells stories she has a habit of sending a calming aura all around the castle.”
 
This impressed Tususki as he followed Sesshomaru to the window and he pointed to a lovely young girl sitting down under a sakara tree spinning a tale of prince and princesses. He also noticed that almost all of the servants, including his own were sitting around her listening to her story.
 
He was surprised that she could have such an affect on everyone as he turned to Sesshomaru and said, “She is a magnificent creature if she can soothed and relax everyone here, and cause your servants and mine to stop and listen to her tale.”
 
“Yes, the very first time I heard her spin a tale for the pups I was also moved to listen to her speak and when she sings you'll swear you could hear the heavens join her. She is the most amazing creature I have ever meet and she makes this Sesshomaru happy.” You could see the love that he held for her in his eyes as he escorted Tususki down to where his lovely mate was located.
 
They waited until she was done with her tale before they approached. The servants seeing their lords coming to speak to the Lady of the Castle quickly left to finish their duties. They just couldn't help themselves, when the lady spun her wonderful stories they had to stop and listen to her.
 
Inuyasha picked up an unfamiliar scent as he moved in front of Kagome and the pups to protect. He saw his brother as he kept his eyes trained on the youkai that was with him. He didn't trust anyone when it came to Kagome and the pup's safety.
 
He saw as his brother stopped in front of him as he said, “Inuyasha, I want you to meet Lord Tususki of the Northern Lands.”
 
Inuyasha looked at the old demon in front of him and he seemed familiar to him but he couldn't remember where he had seen him before. He bowed to him in respect nonetheless as to not embarrass his brother.
 
Tususki eyes grew big when he heard Sesshomaru introduce his younger brother. He had no idea that he was here as he returned Inuyasha's greeting to him. His eyes softened as he said, “Inuyasha, it has been a long time since I have last seen you. You were just a pup back then and you were clinging to your fathers leg when I last saw you.”
 
Inuyasha blushed as he remembered that day as he said, “That was a long time ago milord but I remember it well.”
 
Tususki smiled at him and noticed that he finally had his markings. He couldn't have been happier than to see him back home were he belonged. His old friend would have loved to see his sons reunited like this.
 
He turned his attention toward Sesshomaru as he led a beautiful young girl to him. He was holding on to her protectively as he said, “Kagome, I would like to introduce you to Lord Tususki, he is the Lord to the Northern Lands and long time friend of my father.”
 
Kagome smiled brightly as she bowed deeply and said, “It's an honor to meet milord. I do hope you will enjoy your stay with us.”
 
Lord Tususki now understood why Sesshomaru had changed. His intended was very beautiful indeed. She had certain calming aura around her that when you met her you would forget about all your worries.
 
Her eyes were the bluest that he had ever seen and her hair was as black as midnight. Her aura was very powerful and he noticed something else too. He noticed that when Sesshomaru was standing by his intended his aura grew in power. There is only one reason why this would happen. Kagome is Sesshomaru's soul mate.
 
To separate them now that they have found each other would mean certain death. For once the souls have found each other there is no way anyone could separate them, not even in death.
 
“I'm certain that I will enjoy my stay here in the castle as long as I get to speak with you my dear. I can now see why he wants you as his mate, you are lovely.” Said Tususki as he watched Kagome with interest; she was turning a lovely shade of red.
 
Kagome's cheek turned a bright red from the compliment she received from Lord Tususki. She heard a low growl coming from Sesshomaru as he pulled her closer to him possessively.
 
Looking out of the corner of her eye she caught the children running off to play with the others. She looked at her mate and decided that soon she would have to excuse herself so she could look after them.
 
It had taken days for the servants to let their children come outside and play with the assurances that she would protect them as her own.
 
She knew that Rin and Shippo enjoyed playing with the other children from the castle. But ever since they have been attacked the mothers had refused to let their pups out of their site.
 
She had Tashi mother Mina, to thank for convincing them to let their pups come out and play. Ever since Sesshomaru brought her to the castle she was very happy. Mina had found her one-day in the garden and wanted to express her deepest gratitude for saving her pup. Tashi had told his mother what she had to face in order to save her son and she was very grateful.
 
You would often find her outside with the children keeping watch whenever Kagome was there. She would often keep her company and Kagome got a lot of useful information on Inu Youkai pups and how to raise them. They were the best of friends and they trusted each other.
 
Currently there was a group of the castle children that were playing in the field not too far away. Tashi mother was not there keeping an eye on them so she wanted to be there in case of trouble. She got this nagging feeling in the back of her mind that something was going to happen.
 
Kagome trusted her instincts since it had saved her and her pups so many times. This time it was telling her that she needed to be close to the children. So she watched from a distance and waited for her chance for her mate to relax his grip on her so she could leave and protect the children.
 
~oOo~
 
Rin and Shippo had seen and heard the other children in the castle playing in the field near them. Seeing that the adults were deep in conversation they decided to leave the safety of their mother to go and play with the rest of the children.
 
Slowly they backed away still watching to see if they would be told to stay. When no one paid attention to what they were doing they smiled at each other and then took off to play. They had missed their friends as they both joined the group of children that were playing tag in the field.
 
The guards that were surrounding the palace shifted their position to follow and protect the pups. Having been given the opportunity to show that they could protect them even if they played with other children. They adjusted their position so they could better provide cover for them. They kept an ever-watchful eye for danger, until it was time for them to leave.
 
Kagome watched as her children played in the field not too far away from her. She had noticed when her kids had slipped away to go and play. She didn't see any harm since they were still within her line of site.
 
She saw as the guards shifted their position to protect her pups, now that they were away from her. This pleased her to no end sensing that they were trying to prove to her that they are capable of protecting her two small children.
 
Kagome slowly turned back to the conversation that Sesshomaru was having with Lord Tususki. When she saw a break in their conversation she politely said, “Please excuse me my lords, but I must go tend to the children.”
 
With that said she bowed low to the Lord of the Northern Lands and was finally able to leave the safety of her mates embrace to go after her pups. But not before she reached up and gave her mate a lick on the chin to tell him that he was still her alpha.
 
Kagome walked to where the pups were located. She stood in the field as she watched the children play. Her heart was filled with joy as she watched them. `This is the way it should be. Children should be left alone to be carefree. They will grow up soon enough and with it came responsibilities. They should at least enjoy their childhood.' Thought Kagome as her eyes beamed with joy.
 
She watched the children for a while when she started to sense something in the distance. An evil presence has entered the area and it was heading their way. Her first priority was to get the children to safety as she clapped her hands to get their attention.
 
The children, when hearing the clap, instantly stopped and looked toward Kagome. They knew from experience that when she clapped her hands that something was amiss, for she would not stop their play if danger weren't near.
 
They all quickly gathered to her seeking the protection from the Lady of the Castle. They all knew that they were safe as long as they were with her.
 
Kagome quickly took a head count and noticed that there were two pups missing. She noticed that Shippo was gone along with Yoshiro. She turned to Rin and asked, “Rin where is your brother?”
 
“Rin saw Shippo going into the forest with Yoshiro a little while ago.” Rin said with sadness in her voice. She knew her mother was not happy about this news. She had tried to stop Shippo and Yoshiro from going into the forest but they wouldn't listen to her.
 
They were determined to sneak past the guards to play in the forest. The other children had dared them to get pass the guards without being caught and they took the challenge.
 
Kagome paled visibly at the news. `Shippo is out in the forest and now we have youkai approaching fast. I must get these children out of here so I can go find Shippo and Yoshiro.'
 
Kagome's back stiffened when 5-neko youkai came crashing out of the forest to attack them. The guards surrounded them immediately as they turned to protect Kagome and the pups. They fought hard to keep the neko from getting to her but one slipped through their protective wall.
 
Kagome saw the danger as she stepped forward and put a protective barrier around the pups to keep them safe. She pulled her sword from its sheath as she prepared to do battle. As soon as the first demon was close enough she yelled, “HEARTS OF BLADES!!!” and released the purifying power of her sword.
 
That is when all hell broke loose; the sound of the explosion rocked the area alerting others to the danger to the castle. Guards started coming from everywhere to join the fight and protect the pups.
 
The neko youkai seeing that the element of surprise was no more attacked full force. They wanted the pups and they would stop at nothing to get them.
 
~oOo~
 
When Kagome left Sesshomaru he let a low and gentle purr escape his chest at his mates action. She considered him her alpha and that all that mattered to him.
 
Sesshomaru turned his attention to Tususki. Once Kagome had left his side Tususki had taken a deep breath and started to speak. “Sesshomaru, that girl is very special. Few youkai can ever say that they have ever found their soul mates, but you my dear boy, have found yours.”
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to hear this news as he asked, “How do you know she is my soul mate?”
 
Tususki chuckled as he said, “When you stand next to her your aura increases in power. So much so that you could see the power that is radiating off you. This power, that you have yet to tap into, will not be released until you mate with her. But you must be careful with it because you may not have enough strength to control such powers.
 
Now from everything that I have read they say that a pure heart miko will ascend to a higher power once he or she finds its soul mate. They will become stronger than they are right now. They might change physically if one of the souls is in a weaker form from that of its intended.
 
They will rise to a power of equal strength as their mates and together they will be impossible to defeat. Have you notice any changes in Kagome since she has accepted you as a possible mate?”
 
Sesshomaru was listening to everything Tususki was saying. It finally all made sense as he heard his question. He took a deep breath and told him what was going on with Kagome. From her increase in power to her changing into a true demon form, he told him everything that has transpired with his mate.
 
Tususki listened intently and was about to reply when the whole area shook from an explosion. They turned as they saw the neko youkai attack Kagome and the pups as they raced toward her to help.
 
Sesshomaru was cursing under his breath for not detecting the danger to his mate. He had been so engrossed in what Tususki was saying that he had let his guard down. He saw her release her attack as she killed several of the youkai's around her leaving the hundreds more that poured out of the forest to deal with. He landed right in front of her as he protected her and the pups in the barrier that she had created.
 
Kagome was thankful for the help she was getting. She needed to leave so she could find Shippo and Yoshiro. She turned and found Inuyasha standing close to her as she said, “Inuyasha, take care of Rin and the other pups for me. I'm going after Shippo and Yoshiro. They ran into the forest before the fight began and I have to find them!”
 
Inuyasha turned hearing Kagome's comments, but before he could even respond to her request she was gone. He tried to follow but was attacked by a neko youkai that was preventing him from following her. He yelled for her to stop but she had a one-track mind when it came to her pup. She wanted to find her pup and she wouldn't stop until she did.
 
Once the neko youkai were dealt with Sesshomaru was frantically looking around for his mate. His brother caught his attention as he yelled, “Sesshomaru, Kagome went after Shippo deep in the forest. I couldn't stop her from leaving.”
 
At this news Sesshomaru became extremely angry as he raced into the forest after his mate. No one got in his way as he followed Kagome's scent through the forest.
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo and Yoshiro were running through the forest just having fun. They were scurrying up and down the tree trucks and jumping from tree branch to tree branch. It was the way that most youkai children played with each other and developed their skills.
 
Yoshiro was another fox demon like Shippo. He had flaming red hair but his eyes were a violet color indicating he was full of mischief. His clothes were made to blend into his surroundings making it hard for anyone to see him.
 
They were currently under this big tree and they were jumping from its high branches into the big pile of leaves on the ground. It was great fun to be falling one minute and then land in a soft bed down below.
 
They were giggling and laughing so hard that they didn't even sense that someone was approaching them.
 
The pups stopped as they heard a noise in the near distance. They realized now that they were too far away from the castle and the guards for anyone to help them if they were to get attacked.
 
They became immobile as they hid under the leaves making sure to cover their scent. Staying still increased their chances of getting out of the trouble they were in.
 
The noise started to get louder as they both cowered under the leaves and hoped not to be seen by the youkai that was looking for him. They both promised themselves that if they got out of this alive they would never leave the safety of home.
 
They were keeping very quiet as they saw the Oni youkai emerge from the forest. He was big. He stood as big as a house. He had no hair on his body and long strong arms. His claws were almost as long as Shippo was tall. You could see two fangs coming out of his mouth. He had red piercing eyes, droopy pointed ears, and wore a piece of animal fur around his waist.
 
The pups had no idea what type of animal it was but they were not going to ask him either. The demon smelled like rotting meat, as he was currently standing no more than a foot away from where the pups were hiding.
 
They kept an eye on the demon to see what he was going to do. As soon as this demon left the area then they should be able to run back home. They were so busy watching what the youkai was doing that they never saw the attack coming.
 
Shippo and Yoshiro were grabbed from behind as something was wrapped around their body. They were both being pulled into the air as they screamed at being captured. From what the pups could tell, this youkai had just captured them with his tail. It was long but halfway down the tail split into two.
 
Each one of the tails was now keeping the two pups very secured. The demon brought his tail up as he looked to see what he had captured. He sniffed at each pup as he said, “So you are the pups to the Western Lord. I know of some people that will pay handsomely for you. They wish to rule the Western Lands and having you two under their control they will be able to do that.”
 
Shippo heard what the demon was saying. He had to find out more information on who was trying to take him away from his mother as he said, “Who would want us? We're just kids.”
 
The demon chuckled at the kits question. “The Lord to the Southern Lands wants to rule the West. The only way to do that will be if Sesshomaru mated with his daughter. But rumor has it that Lord Sesshomaru has already found a mate. So if he has you two then he can force Sesshomaru to mate his daughter and he will have control over the Western Lands.”
 
Shippo's eyes grew big when he heard this little bit of information. `So they want us so they can get to Sesshomaru. They don't know that Okaa will come and save us.' Thought Shippo as he began to struggle some more. “You better let go of us before my mother comes here and kills you.”
 
Now the demon really started to laugh as he said, “If you are talking about that pathetic human then she will meet her demise with me. She is not strong enough to take me on.”
 
“I wouldn't be so sure you bastard!” said Kagome as she stood in front of the demon with her arrow notched in her bow ready to attack the demon that held her son and the other pup.
 
Shippo hearing his mother yelled, “Okaa-san help!!!!”
 
The demon seeing that the kit called this human Okaa started to laugh. She was very small in stature and couldn't hold much power to stop him. “I will not give up the kit to the likes of you wench! This is a private matter and if you wish to live I suggest that you leave now before I kill you.”
 
Kagome was analyzing the situation. The demon held both pups in his tail. They were not together so that would mean that she would have to choose which one to release first. That choice would probably hurt one of the pups and she couldn't take that chance. She had to find a way to free both of them or she will lose one of them.
 
She noticed that he really only had one tail but it was split in two. She thought that if she cut the tail just below where they split that she should be able to get the pups. But she was quickly brought out of her thoughts when her sword pulsed to life on its own as a powerful barrier was placed around her.
 
She looked up in time to see the attack coming her way. She had lost track of her opponent. Number one rule is never let your defenses down when attacking and she did just that to think of a plan of attack.
 
She cursed under her breath as she saw the attack coming and she braced herself. The force of the blast was powerful as it sent her to one knee. The barrier bent from the impact but held to protect her. When the dust finally settled she noticed that the demon was gone from her side as she quickly scanned the area.
 
She found that her son's aura was heading away from her as the demon took off in a hurry. She noticed that he was going towards a human village not to far away. She knew that the village was filled with children and if he went crashing through the village he could kill them all.
 
She was not about to let that happen. She stood on shaky legs as she got her balance back and took off after him. She was not about to let him get away with her pups.
 
~oOo~
 
The Oni youkai was very proud of himself. He saw his chance to attack the human and he took it. He thought that if he killed her then he could travel to the Southern Lands and get his reward for the pups. Traveling with them would be hard enough without having that ningen following him.
 
He sent his attack toward the wench as he watched his attack get closer. Everything was moving in slow motion for him so he could savor his victory. What he didn't expect was when her sword came to life and placed a powerful barrier around the female to protect her.
 
He watched with interest thinking that the barrier was not strong enough to protect her. As his attack hit the ningen the barrier was powerful protecting the girl from his attack, he didn't think that it was that strong.
 
He sniffed the air and caught the scent of the Lord Sesshomaru upon the barrier and he knew instantly that he has claimed this bitch. If this was true then he needed to get away from here. He knew he could not beat Sesshomaru in a fight.
 
He tightened his tail around the pups as he took off heading south. He needed to get as far away from this female as he could before he wound up being killed by Sesshomaru for touching what was his.
 
He continued running through the forest his senses fully alert to any approaching danger. He could smell a village of ningens in the near distance but that would not stop him from his headlong flight.
 
He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a giant white dog standing in front of him blocking his escape. He noticed that this demon dog had the most beautiful pelt he had ever seen. `That fur will keep me warm in the winter and judging by the way it looks it must be very soft. But there is something different about this demon.'
 
The Oni continued to look at the demon dog and then he got it. The dog was not a male like he had thought this was a female. He knew that if he defeated this female that he could have his way with her before killing her to take her fur. It was a known fact that you never saw a female demon in her true form. But he was lucky enough to see one.
 
He knew that he was going to be in for a fight so he decided to let go of his captives for the moment. He could always capture them again once he had his pelt in his hands.
 
He threw the pups on the ground as they laid there not moving. He took a fighting stance and waited for the dog to attack. This was a fight that he was going to enjoy.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome continued to run through the forest. She was getting tired with the effort and knew deep down in her heart that she will never be able to catch up to them. Her heart was aching at the thought of losing her pups to that demon that took them away.
 
She continued running through the forest when she felt a group of demons approaching her. She didn't have time for this as eight demons quickly surrounded her. They weren't the Niko Youkai that had attacked the castle. This was another group of demons and they were determined to take her.
 
They attacked as one as Kagome quickly pulled her sword from its sheath and attacked. Her anger was peaked and she channeled that power into her sword as she made quick work of the demons in front of her as she took off again.
 
Her only desire was to get to her pup and make sure that he was safe from harm. What she didn't notice was that the incomplete jewel around her neck started to glow as her love for her pup reached out to him.
 
It encircled her body in a soft pink glow as the change started to happen. She was lifted off the ground as her body was transformed into her true demon form.
 
She hit the ground with all fours and continued to run full speed. She gave a howl into the air calling to her mate for help as she raced after the Oni. She knew that he was heading straight for a human village and she knew that she had to stop him before he killed the children there.
 
She continued to race as she passed his location and stopped just before getting to the village. She waited for the demon to appear with her pups.
 
She saw as he came crashing into the clearing and she stood her ground as she barred her fangs to the intruder. She noticed the look he was giving her as an evil smile graced his lips.
 
Whatever he was thinking about was not good as he continued to eye her with interest. She saw as he threw her pups to the ground where they landed unconscious. She growled deep and menacing as she lowered her ears to her head and barred her fangs even more.
 
She saw as he took a fighting stance against her and got ready for his attack.
 
Then she heard him say, “I will enjoy killing you my lovely demoness. Your pelt will keep me warm come this winter. But before I kill you I will have such great pleasure taking you. Though I must admit that you are the first demoness that I ever seen in her true form.” When he was done speaking he was licking his lips in anticipation of defeating her.
 
Kagome knew this was going to be a difficult fight. She has never fought as a true demon but she was not going to give up. Her eyes shifted for just a second to the pups as she started her incantation to place a barrier around them to keep them safe. They will be protected until Sesshomaru came to get them.
 
Once the pups were protected she gave her full attention to the demon in front of her as she saw him attack. She waited and at the last minute she jumped out of the way. When she did she took her tail and hit the back of the demons neck that sent him flying through the air to land face first in the dirt.
 
The Oni was not pleased that he was hit. This female is proving to be smart and strong. His male pride will not let him lose to her as he quickly got back up and attacked again.
 
Kagome continued to dodge his attacks. She would in turn hit him with her tail or use her claws. She was effective in her attacks as the demon in front of her was bleeding heavily. He was panting and she was barely breathing hard.
 
The Oni knew that he was losing this fight with this female. Never in his life has he ever seen a female fight this way. He was getting angry as he let his rage take over. His eyes turned bright red as his demonic aura took hold. He became more menacing than before and this scared Kagome.
 
Kagome saw the change-taking place in the demon in front of her. She saw his power spike as his demon rage took over. His eyes turned blood red and she knew she was in for a fight now. He was determined not to be defeated by her. He wanted her fur and she was not about to give it up to the likes of him.
 
She lowered her head, as she got ready for his attack. This was a fight that she must win and she had to find a way to do it. He attacked again heading straight for her. She dodged his attack but he countered her move and hit her into the forest.
 
Kagome landed close to the human village as she struggled to get to her feet. She growled viciously for the villagers to get out of the village before she turned her attention to the Oni that was following her.
 
She growled as she attacked the Oni and latched on to his arm. She had a death grip on him and wouldn't let go. She released her poison saliva from her mouth as the beast yelled in pain. He finally succeeded in getting her off as she struggled to keep herself between the village and the demon in front of her.
 
The villagers saw as the giant demon dog came crashing towards their village. It missed destroying one of the huts by a few feet. They saw as the giant dog growled viciously at them as they all backed away and started to run away from the village.
 
They were grabbing everyone, as they fled the village not willing to be in the line of fire then they saw another demon appear before them. They knew that these two were locked in mortal combat and they had to get everyone to safety.
 
The village headman took a head count once they had everyone safely away from the village. He wanted to make sure that everyone got out all right. He saw several women running towards him as he stepped in front of them trying to stop them. “Where do you think you're going? Those demons are fighting near the village and they will surely kill you if you get close to where they are.”
 
“Let go of me!” said a woman who was struggling against two other women grip. “My children are not here and I must find them. They must still be back in the village!” said a despite woman who was trying to get back to the village to find her sons.
 
The village leader heard her pleas as he had one of the other women hold her back. He got a couple of men and ran back to the village. They were searching everywhere for the children and then they saw them. They were running around playing with a ball and they were right in the path of the demons that were fighting.
 
What they saw next shocked them as an explosion rocked the area.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was getting weak she had to hold on because she could sense that her mate was getting closer to her. It will only take a few more minutes and he will be there.
 
Her sensitive ears then picked up the sound of laughter really close by. She heard the village children running behind her as they were playing. Her heart sank in thinking that the children were in danger of being killed as she fought with this demon. She saw them out the corner of her eye, as did the demon in front of her.
 
Her fear took over as she saw him attack the defenseless children. She ran in there direction before his attack hit the children and she shielded them with her body. She landed curled on the ground as the children were tucked against her belly for protection.
 
The Oni howled in victory thinking that he had won the battle. He saw as his attacked hit the demoness and she went down trying to protect the human children. She was down and now all he had to do was claim his prize. Her pelt will keep him warm this winter and he was happy about that.
 
But before he could even take a step toward her another demon dog landed in front of her as he growled viciously at him. He saw as it turned and sniffed the demoness. He could swear that his eyes turned even redder than they were before.
 
The power that this demon was projecting was strong. Stronger than his own aura and he knew deep down in his heart that he will never survive the attack from this demon.
 
He started to back away thinking he could get away from this demon but he couldn't as he was attacked.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was running through the forest at full speed. He was chasing his mate and he had to get to her. He sensed that the demon she was chasing was powerful and he was afraid to lose her to a lower class demon.
 
He stopped dead in his tracks as he heard the howling plea of his mate for him to hurry. He took off again at an even faster pace than before.
 
His anger grew as he started to change. He knew that the only way to reach her in time was for him to transform and let his inner demon out to hunt. Finally Sesshomaru inner demon broke free of his restraints as he transformed into his true form and raced after his mate.
 
His senses were telling him that she was in danger. He arrived in time to see the demon attack his mate as she leaped trying to protect the children of the village. She took the hit full force, as she laid on the ground unmoving.
 
He leaped in front of his mate to protect her as he turned to check on her. She was still alive but she was hurt. He was enraged as he turned back to his opponent as he saw red. Nothing mattered to him but to kill the demon that has just hurt his mate.
 
He saw as the demon started to back away from him. He was not going to let him get away from him that easy. He let him move further away before he attacked. His claws extended as he slashed the beast in half for hurting his mate.
 
The Oni never had a chance as it fell dead on the ground not moving.
 
Sesshomaru was breathing heard as he moved to be with his mate. He nuzzled her as she opened her eyes to see her mate. She wined and he comforted her in her pain.
 
Sesshomaru saw movement to his left as he barred his fangs at the intruders.
 
The villagers were trying to get closer to the demon dogs to see if they could find the children. They saw as the other demon dog appeared and killed the Oni that was attacking his mate. They figured that this was his mate by the way he was looking at the female demoness.
 
They were spotted by the demon and froze. They did not want to get killed as they heard his growls of warning to keep away. They saw as the female demon spotted them as she gave a gentle growl to her mate. He stopped as he returned his attention to her.
 
They saw the demoness kind eyes as she moved her paws and revealed the children safe and sound.
 
The children upon seeing that the giant paws were moved away from them ran as they raced to the village men that were waiting for them. Their mother not being able to be restrained ran into the village and hugged her children to her thanking the demoness for protecting them.
 
Once Kagome saw that the children were safe she gave in to her body wanting to rest. She started to transform back into her original form.
 
Sesshomaru noticed that his mate was transforming back into her original form. He started to transform with her as he was standing on top of her. A golden glow surrounded both their bodies as they transformed back.
 
The villagers were surprised to see them transform back as they slowly were making their way toward them.
 
Sesshomaru opened his eyes once he was done transforming back into his human form. He quickly brought his tail around as he covered his mate with it. He really needed to teach her how to keep her clothes when she transformed into her true demon form.
 
He took off his haori as he covered her body with it. He growled as he heard the sound of approaching feet. He picked his mate up and held her close to his chest so no one would do her harm.
 
He heard another noise behind him as he growled at the demons that were approaching. He was not happy about all the attention that he was getting when his mate was weak.
 
Inuyasha and the other were following close behind Sesshomaru when he took off after Kagome. They finally made it to the village were his brother was located as he sent the guards up front to stop the villagers from approaching and getting killed.
 
His brother was being very protective of Kagome at the moment and no one could get near him.
 
Inuyasha approached his brother with care as he kneeled in front of him and said, “Brother, the danger is now gone. Please allow us to protect you as we travel back toward the castle.”
 
Sesshomaru was not backing down from his protective posture. He was determined not let anyone near his mate. He looked down when he felt his mate start to move in his arms.
 
Kagome started to stir when she felt her mate growling at Inuyasha. She needed to find Shippo to see if he was all right. She turned her head as she grabbed his juban and softly said, “Sesshomaru? Where is Shippo? Is he all right?”
 
Upon the mention of his pup Sesshomaru started looking around for him. One of the guards called out as he found him with a barrier protecting him.
 
Sesshomaru moved as he brought Kagome with him to where their pup was located. He kneeled as he reached out with his hand and the barrier fell. He reached down and brought Shippo close to his chest and he sniffed to make sure he was all right.
 
He just seemed to be unconscious as he nuzzled the kit before giving him to his mother.
 
Kagome took Shippo into her arms as she held him close to her heart. She remembered that Yoshiro was with him as she said, “Sesshomaru? Is the other pup all right?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at the other pup and he was starting to stir from his slumber. He checked him too as he said, “Yes mate, he is all right as well.”
 
Kagome smiled as she leaned her head on his shoulder to rest, she was tired and now that her pup was safe in her arms, she could rest to recover from this experience. She still had a lot to learn about fighting in her true demon form.
 
Sesshomaru felt when Kagome settled in his arms and went to sleep. He knew that she was tried from her ordeal. He stood as he brought her with him and then formed his demon cloud under his feet as he left his brother behind to clean up the mess at the village.
 
Once Sesshomaru was gone with Kagome Inuyasha and the soldiers went to see if the villagers needed any help with the village. By the looks of things their village was not damaged during the fight with the Oni.
 
The village leader came forward as he bowed low to Inuyasha and paid his respects to the demon prince. “Milord we wish to express our gratitude for saving our village from that demon. If it not had been to the demoness we would have lost two of our children.”
 
Inuyasha growled lightly as he said, “You should be thanking my brothers mate for saving your village. It was she who protected your children from harm.”
 
The villagers never knew that the Lord of the Western Lands had taken a mate. They were very happy to hear that she was such a kind-hearted person who cares for the people of the land.
 
Once everything was settled in the village they went back to the castle to make sure that Kagome was all right. But they knew that the fight was far from being over.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter.
 
Kagome starts getting stronger once she has rested from her fight. She voices her concerns to Sesshomaru on who would want to take her away from him. Their training continues as you find out something interesting about our demon lord. It was a question he never answered when Kagome had asked him.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!!!!