InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I want to answer some questions about Kagome and why she gets weak so much. Lets see how can I put this??? Oh yeah, Lets say you never exercised a day in your life. You want to get your body toned so you start going to the gym and then run a mile every other day. When you first start out your body cannot handle all the stress and it hurts. You feel tired from what you have done.
 
The same goes for Kagome. She is not used to using her powers therefore she gets tired and sleeps. But her body now is starting to get use to her new powers and she will be handling it a lot better.
 
I hope this clears up some of your answers if not go and exercise and then you'll see what I mean. But this is what I thought about when I wrote the chapters.
 
Now on with the story.
 
Chapter 26
 
Sesshomaru was making his way back toward the castle. Kagome had fallen asleep in his arms and Shippo was still unconscious. He made the trip back as smooth as possible so he wouldn't wake his mate.
 
When he arrived he made his way into the open window of his chambers where he put his mate on the bed so she could rest with their pup.
 
Kagome opened her eyes once she felt that she was being laid down on a nice soft bed. She turned to her mate and said, “Sesshomaru, I need to talk to you about what happened out there. I have some information that you might find interesting. I will meet you in your study in about an hour. Let me get Shippo settled first and then we will talk.”
 
Sesshomaru heard her words as he said, “Are you sure you're up to getting up so soon? Your transformation takes a lot out of you. You really need to rest.”
 
“Yes, I'm sure plus I have already regained my strength. I will be all right. I just want to settle Shippo first, get cleaned up, and then I will meet with you.” Said Kagome.
 
Sesshomaru gave in to her request as he left her alone to go to his study to await her arrival.
 
Kagome quickly got up and put on a robe as she took Shippo to his room. She called Nasume and told her to keep an eye on Shippo while she went to talk to Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome had taken the time to heal any injury that her pup might have had as he was resting comfortably in his bed. She knew that he would be out for a little while longer.
 
Kagome quickly went back to her room as she got cleaned up and put on a fresh kimono. She was slowly making her way toward Sesshomaru study.
 
When she entered she found Sesshomaru, Lord Tususki, and Inuyasha waiting for her. She approached her mate as she stood by his desk and said, “When that Oni took Shippo and I went after him I was attacked by another group of demons. These were not the same ones as the ones that attacked the castle.
 
They were determined to take me alive to whoever wanted me. I didn't find out who they were working for but I did have the feeling that I was being watched. I didn't have time to find them as I took off after Shippo again.
 
But as I was approaching the Oni that had Shippo I overheard the conversation that the Oni was having with him. The group that is after the pups wants them to control you Sesshomaru. They want to rule the Western Lands and the only way they can do that is to have you mated to their daughter.”
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to hear this. He had no idea who she was referring to but had his suspicions. “Did you hear who is after our pups?”
 
Kagome nodded her head as she said, “The one who is after the pups is the Lord of the Southern Lands. He wants you to mate with his daughter so they can have control over your lands.”
 
Sesshomaru thought as much. He was the only one that had a daughter and he had been trying for a long time to have him mate her. He had even gone as far as to suggest that she stay with him so they could get acquainted.
 
He growled as he said, “Yes, I know them well. He has been trying for years to get me to mate his daughter. He is a ruthless Lord who cares little for the land he rules. His people starve during the winter because he does not see to their needs.
 
I have no interest in his daughter. She is just as bad as her father. Her heart is as black as night and she only seeks the title of Lady of the West.”
 
Lord Tususki was listening to the conversation as he said, “You are going to have to be careful when he gets here for the test. He is a strong fighter and he will use whatever means available to him to make sure that he kills you Kagome.
 
He will stop at nothing to make sure that his daughter is seated as Lady of the West. You must be on your guard with her also. Her powers are great and she is a formidable opponent.
 
We only have the word of a dead demon that he is behind these attacks. We have no real evidence that would prove his guilt. If we did then we would be able to dethrone him from his lands for wanting to take over another's territory. It is written in the laws that no Lord will make a move to control another's lord's lands. If he did then we have the right to have him step down as ruler.”
 
Kagome understood his warnings as she said, “I will be careful when they are here. I will not let them get to the children and they will not defeat me in battle. But they are just one of two groups that are after us. I still don't know who is behind the other group. Or why they want to hurt Sesshomaru.”
 
The room remained silent. No one knew the answer to those questions and they still had to prepare for the fight ahead. It was going to be a hard fight but Sesshomaru was confident that his mate was ready to meet it head on.
 
They continued with the meeting trying to set up their defenses before the other lords arrived at the castle for Kagome's test. They wanted to make sure that they kept the pups safe and that they were ready if they were attacked again.
 
~oOo~
 
The neko youkai that attacked the castle had retreated back to their headquarters. Lord Kamlyn would not be pleased to hear that they had failed in their attempt to get the pups. The test is set to take place in a week's time and they had no way of controlling the Western lord.
 
They knew that their lord would not be happy and they didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.
 
To say that Lord Kamlyn was pissed was an understatement. He had killed the messengers that told him of their failure to get the pups. He had no choice. He would have to see to that humans demise himself and make sure that his daughter was seated as Lady of the West.
 
They made plans to leave for the west as they thought out their next move. He was going to take great pleasure in killing this human who was a thorn in his side. With her out of the way then he would force Sesshomaru to take his daughter for Lady of the West if he didn't then he would be removed from his throne and the lands would be divided up among the rest of the lords.
 
He really didn't want that and he already had a plan to fight the other two lords for the lands. If he was lucky enough he could rule all of the lands if he was able to kill off the remaining two lords. His plan was risky but a good one. He was confident that he would gain territory once this test was over with. All he had to do was get everyone in place and wait for the right moment to attack.
 
~oOo~
 
Three Inu Youkai spies followed the neko's back to their headquarters. They overheard the plans of what they were going to do. With this information they would be able to warn the Western Lord of his plans and make sure that his mate stayed safe.
 
They sent one of their own back to the Western Lands to inform their lord about what was going on and who was behind the attacks. The two remaining one's followed Lord Kamlyn to learn as much as possible about the attacks. They will relay the message back to the west once they were discovered.
 
Sesshomaru's spies were the best in their job. They were never seen by anyone and they were ruthless killers. The first chance they got they would kill the Southern Lord for even making a threat against their lord. They cared about Lady Kagome for she was very kind and cared for everyone in the castle. She is what Lord Sesshomaru needed as a mate and they were determined to protect her.
 
So they kept to the shadows as they followed. Hoping to hear more that would bring the demise of the Southern Lord.
 
~oOo~
 
The shadow demons have been following the human woman since she left to go after the pups that were in the forest. Their master wanted her for she was a strong human. She had powers that rivaled his own and he was very interested in her.
 
Their demons had failed to capture her as she killed them all with ease. She was an expert fighter and was still pure. She would make a wonderful mate for their lord.
 
Lord Ryo was a dragon demon. He was defeated a long time ago by none other than Sesshomaru's grandfather. Lord Ryo was set to take over the Northern lands. He had made his move and attacked that kingdom.
 
He didn't know at the time of the agreement that was made among the other lords that they would come to each other's aid when attacked by an outside force. During that time Sesshomaru's grandfather, Lord Hahiro had come to the aid of the Northern Lord.
 
It was an epic battle, as they fought for five straight days then Lord Hahiro released a powerful spell that sealed him deep in the northern mountains. For centuries he was unable to get out, as the spell was a powerful one.
 
Lord Ryo only hope was that his son, Ryuukotsusei, would be able to defeat Lord Hahiro's son, Inutaisho. If he could defeat his son then the barrier would be broken and he would be released. But alas Ryuukotsusei was unable to defeat Inutaisho and he himself was subdued with a fang threw his heart.
 
Ryo had just about given up hope of ever being released when one day he felt this powerful aura release his son. In breaking his spell it also broke the spell that had imprisoned him all these centuries.
 
Finally free of his prison he was now free to take his revenge on the ones responsible for sealing him in the mountain. He found out through time that Hahiro and Inutaisho had both died and that now Inutaisho eldest son was the ruler of the west.
 
Sesshomaru, powerful in his own right, would be a formidable opponent making his revenge even sweeter. He had first sought to kill him and then take over his lands. His shadow demons had put poison in a salve that he used to treat his wounds when he fought Naraku.
 
A human female that was with him at the time had saved him and his plans were ruined. He had gotten word back that he was to take a mate and that she would have to be approved by the other lords.
 
His interest peaked as he decided to find out about this female that would mate with his enemies son. He found out that she was a pure heart miko and a powerful one. If they mated they would be impossible to defeat for the female would protect her mate with all her powers. But if he were to take her as his mate then he would be the most powerful of the lands and no one would be able to stop him from ruling.
 
It didn't matter to him that she was human the only thing he wanted was another powerful heir. His pup would have to be powerful in order to protect the lands that he would procure for it. The Western Lands were his target of choice. Once he got his hands on that land then he would get the rest.
 
With this in mind he set his plan into motion to capture the female. He sent his shadow demons to spy on the Western Lord and tell him of his movements. He gained the knowledge he needed to capture the female but what he didn't expect was that this female would fight to stay with the Western Lord.
 
This put a damper on his plans but he would not be deterred from his goal. He wanted this female and he was going to get her.
 
He never thought that there would be others that would be after the Western Lands and this put his plans on hold until he found out who they were.
 
He had found out that the Southern Lord was the one attacking Sesshomaru and decided to let him continue with his attacks. If he succeeded in his plans he would be easy to defeat and gain control of the Western Lands. He would not allow the Southern Lord to hurt the human female. He still wanted her and he would make sure that she was safe.
 
So now his shadow demons had come back to tell him that they had failed in getting the ningen. He had underestimated her in her strength but that was easily fixed. The next time she would not get away from him and he will succeed in capturing her.
 
He looked forward to the day when he would mate her and together they will rule over the land. She will produce the strongest pups and his line will live on. He may have lost his only son to the half-breed son of Inutaisho but he would have another more powerful than him.
 
Yes, this plan would work out to his satisfaction in getting him what he wanted. All he had to do was wait and let someone else do all the work. He told his shadow demons to keep an eye on things and inform him of any new developments to his plans.
 
His time was coming and soon he would rule the lands. All will bow to his will and the day of the dragons ruling the lands were close at hand.
 
~oOo~
 
Three of Sesshomaru's spies had seen the shadow demons lurking in the castle. They kept a very close eye on them to see what they were doing. They noticed that they had taken off into the forest after Lady Kagome.
 
They followed as they kept their distance so they wouldn't be noticed. They were hard to track for their scent mixed in with the forest and their bodies blended perfectly with the shadows. But they had one of their own that could track the shadow demons with no problem. He was able to see them even in the dark so they followed them.
 
They saw as the shadow demons stopped in the forest and instructed some other demons to go after the human female and capture her.
 
They followed, not wanting anything to happen to the Lady of the West. They watched as the demons attacked the human and were about to help her when they saw the power that she held.
 
She killed all of the demons in one quick move and then continued on her journey. They were stunned that a lone human female possessed such powers. No wonder their lord wanted her as a mate.
 
They saw as the shadow demons left the area and they followed. They were heading north toward the mountains. They finally made it to the mountain and they finally saw who was behind trying to take the human from their lord.
 
It was a dragon. An ancient one from what they saw. They have never seen the like before as they listened to what he wanted the shadow demons to do. They knew that they would have to kill these demons for they represented a threat to the West.
 
But they still had time to do that. They had to hurry back to tell their lord what they had discovered. If this Ryo was a powerful demon then their lord would need to know. He was a definite threat to the west and all of the surrounding lands. If he got control of the lands they were in for years of torment and suffering.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome left Sesshomaru, Tususki, and Inuyasha in the study as she excused herself from their presence. She had some serious thinking to do and being around Sesshomaru she couldn't concentrate.
 
She went and checked on the children and found both Rin and Shippo playing together inside the room. She walked in as she was almost bowled over by a super hyper kit crying his heart out.
 
He was crying that he was sorry for leaving the safety of the castle and getting his mother into danger for his actions. He promised to never to do it again no matter how many dares he got from the other children.
 
Kagome hugged her son to her chest as she offered him some comfort. She walked over to the bed and sat down as she pulled Rin into her lap and spoke gently to them.
 
“I know that you didn't mean to leave the safety of the castle to go play in the forest. But now you know why it's important that you listen to what you are told and do as we say. The threat is very real and your safety is the most important thing to me and to Sesshomaru.
 
They are after you two because if they can get their hands on you then they can control Sesshomaru.” Said Kagome as she eyed her children with concern.
 
Shippo was still crying as he said, “Mama, I know who is trying to take us away from you and Sesshomaru.” But before he could continue Kagome gently said, “It's all alright Shippo I over heard what that Oni was telling you. I know it's the Lord to the Southern Lands that is after you two. You were very clever in getting him to tell you who was after you. Now at least we know who it is and we can defend against it.”
 
Shippo stopped crying as he looked at his mother. He saw that she was very proud of him for getting that information but he also knew that he was not out of trouble yet. He bowed his head as he waited for his punishment for disobeying his mother.
 
Kagome looked at Shippo and noticed what he was waiting for. She sighed she couldn't punish him anymore than he had been already. She knew that he had been scared out of this mind when he was captured. She thought this was enough punishment for him as she said, “Shippo I will not punish you for what you did. Now you know the dangers of leaving the castle and going out on your own.”
 
Telling her pups the reason why they were after them was important it made them understand why they were trying to protect them. If they understood the reasons then they might not be as reckless and stay close to where the adults were and would be protected. She didn't want a repeat of what happened out there today so she continued.
 
“I want you two to stay here for the rest of the day. I think we all had enough excitement for one day and I don't want to fight off another attack.
 
Tomorrow we can go outside and you can play again but you will stay close by where I can keep my eye on you. I don't want either of you to go wondering off on your own.
 
I know it's hard but until we can defeat this evil you are both going to have to stay close to us.” That said she placed the children on the bed as she waited for a reply from her children.
 
Rin and Shippo heard everything that their mother had said. They now knew why they were after them and they promised their mother that they would stay close to the castle and the adults. They didn't want to see their mother get hurt just because they wanted to have some fun.
 
Kagome seeing that her pups now understood what was going on smiled as she turned to leave the room. But before she reached the door she stopped by Nasume and said, “Nasume, could you please watch over the children for a while. I want to do some deep meditation and I will be able to do it if I knew that you were with them. I will place a barrier on the door and window for protection but will allow you to come and go as you please when its time for them to eat.”
 
Nasume smiled as she said, “Yes my lady it would be an honor to watch over them. You don't have to worry about them I will protect them with my life.”
 
Kagome was deeply touched that Nasume had said this to her. The emotion in her eyes told her that Nasume truly meant what she said. She smiled and said her thanks to Nasume as she left the room, after placing her barrier on the door and window to keep them safe, and headed down the hallway.
 
She needed some time alone from her over protective mate so she can sort things in her mind. She knew enough not to go far from the castle as she walked to the garden and sat among the flowers that bloomed in the fall.
 
She took a deep breath as she relaxed. The fragrance of the flowers lifted her spirits as she started her mediation. She placed a barrier around her so no one will be able to approach her while she was mediating. She realized that she was vulnerable during this time and wanted to protect herself.
 
As Kagome entered her mediation she started thinking about the children. There was only a hand full of people that she trusted with her life to protect them when she was not around. Nasume was one of those people as two more came to mind.
 
She would have to ask Sesshomaru to see if he would send someone to get Sango and Miroku and bring them to the castle. They could help protect the pups and they were not bad in a fight. She knew that Sango was fiercely protective of her. They saw each other as sisters and would do anything to protect each other.
 
She had left the village that one faithful day to travel here to the Western Lands and she knew that Sango must be worried sick about her. Having come to a decision she would have Sesshomaru bring Sango and Miroku here before the final test, her heart lightening a little at the thought.
 
She then turned her attention to the other threat that she knew about the Lord of the Southern Lands. She understood that he was behind the attempts to take away her pups. This was unsettling. She didn't know who he was personally but anyone that would use children to get what they wanted was a low life scum in her book.
 
She would have to keep her eyes on this one when they tested her in about a week and a half. His daughter was another story as her anger flared at the thought that she wanted her mate. Sesshomaru belonged to her and no one was going to take him away. She would take great pleasure in putting her in her place if she so much as steps out of line while they where here in the castle.
 
She knew that she couldn't openly attack her unless the female challenged her. In the knowledge that she had absorbed there was a book on Inu Youkai nature. It told of the fierce protective nature of the Inu Youkai had for their mates and pups. She also read how the female were submissive to their mates while they were with others.
 
It was explained that it was not that the females were submissive but that they were supportive of them in front of other prominent male youkai. They were never to show that their mates were weak by confronting them in public, but by holding her tongue they could later speak about her concerns in private.
 
This little bit of information was a bit hard for her to take. She knew that she had a wicked temper and it was hard to control at times. But she was getting the hang of it and this pleased her. The last thing she needed was to make Sesshomaru look weak in front of his guest.
 
With all this in mind she turned her thoughts to the second threat, the one that wanted to capture her. She didn't know if they were after her because they wanted her or if they wanted the partially completed jewel that was around her neck.
 
She was still wearing the jewel to protect it. She had still to think of a wish that she could use to get rid of the jewel. So far she had come up empty on a wish. Any wish made on the jewel could be taken as a tainted wish.
 
A pure wish that would not benefit anyone in any way was a hard one to make. She had many wishes but all were to benefit someone to make them happy. So the jewel still remained around her neck until she can think of a pure hearted wish.
 
As Kagome was sitting there meditating she never noticed the jewel starting to glow around her neck. It almost turned a pure white in color as it encircled her body.
 
Kagome was deep in concentration when she felt a presence in front of her. She slowly opened her eyes as she saw this beautiful woman standing in front of her.
 
She had straight long ebony hair that came down to about her knees. She wore an ancient armor and carried a sword on her side. Her eyes were very soft and weary like she had been fighting a battle for a very long time.
 
The woman smiled at Kagome as she said, “Kagome, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Midoriko, keeper of the Shikon No Tama. You are absolutely correct in your thinking that there is no pure wish that could be made upon the Shikon No Tama and not be a selfish wish.
 
But there is a way to get rid of the jewel, however it will be very difficult to do.
 
For a long time I have been waiting for a descendent of mine to appear and have the jewel in their possession again. You my dear child are my descendent. You are a pure heart miko of great power. You have yet to reach your full potential. This will not happen until you mate with your soul mate. He will bring forth your powers and will help you control them.
 
He is very powerful and he has powers that even he has yet to unleash. When the two of you finally mate peace will be brought throughout the land. It is the only way that humans and demons will be able to live together in harmony without killing each other.
 
But the road for this happiness is a hard one and before you can even mate with him you must get rid of the jewel of four souls.”
 
Kagome was completely shocked to hear that she was a descendent of this powerful miko. She knew of the power that was deep within her and she could sometime unleash it to help her get her pups back.
 
She looked into her eyes and said, “I'm your descendent?”
 
Midoriko smiled as she nodded her head yes to her question.
 
Kagome took another breath as she said, “You said that there is another way to get rid of the jewel without making a wish upon it. How can I get rid of it?”
 
“To get rid of the jewel of four souls I would need your help in defeating the youkai that are trapped within the jewel. Once this is done then the jewel will disappear back into your body where it belongs. My powers and knowledge will be absorbed by you and my soul would be free to rest in peace.” Midoriko looked at the young miko sitting in front of her. She knew that what she was asking her to do was very dangerous for if they didn't win the battle with the youkai within the jewel they would both be sealed in the jewel forever.
 
Kagome was deep in thought, `Well I wanted another way to get rid of the jewel without making a wish upon it. Midoriko said that we would both have to fight and win the battle with the youkai in the jewel but I also know that if we fail I would probably die. I have no choice I have to get rid of this jewel and protect everyone around me because if the jewel falls into the wrong hands evil would rein supreme.'
 
Kagome sighed she knew that Sesshomaru was not going to be happy with her but she had no choice in this matter. She was the guardian of the jewel and it was her responsibility to get rid of it.
 
She looked up into Midoriko eyes as she stood to face her. This was the hardest decision she had ever had to make but she was sure that she was making the right one.
 
“All right, I will help you defeat the youkai within the jewel. I know that there are certain risks involved but I'm willing to take them as long as I can protect all those that I love.” Kagome was deathly calm. Her aura flared with her determination to defeat these youkai and get rid of the jewel.
 
Midoriko was very pleased that her descendant had agreed to help her. She knew that there were risks involved and took all this into consideration before she made the decision to fight along side her. She smiled as she said, “Good, before we can fight in the battle that is waiting for us in the jewel, you need to complete it. Summon the last two remaining shards. They will come to you when you call for them.”
 
Kagome nodded her head that she understood as she reached out with her hand and yelled, “JEWEL SHARDS COME TO ME!!”
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was in his study as he was discussing the attack that happened earlier today with Tususki and Inuyasha. There had been some heated conversations on why they were after his mate.
 
The males in the room all agreed that they could be after Sesshomaru's mate for her being powerful or for the jewel that she possessed around her neck.
 
Neither of those statements seemed right to Sesshomaru he thought that there might be another motive on why they were after his mate.
 
He was standing by the window looking out toward his gardens. He found it strange that his mate was not out there with their pups. She could often be found in the garden relaxing as she watched his pups play in the field.
 
A movement to his left caught his eye as he observed Kagome walking into the garden without the children. He watched as she went over to where the flowers were blooming and sat down, as she relaxed. A powerful barrier was placed around the area. He understood what she was doing; she was protecting herself while she meditated.
 
He knew that she would often go outside to mediate for he would always watch her. But this time it seemed different for she looked worried as she sat down. He kept an eye on her while he was still talking to his guest.
 
He watched as she sat in the garden meditating when he saw something that has never happened before. The jewel around her neck was glowing almost a pure white as it engulfed his mate.
 
Before he could move to go to her, to see what was wrong, he felt a strong surge of power from within his haori. He looked down to where the shard was safely tucked into his haori as his eyes opened wide with disbelief.
 
There, where the jewel was located, was a light as it started to get brighter. He looked over his shoulder to see that his brother had the same expression on his face as he did. The area of his haori where the jewel was located was also glowing. Then all of a sudden the jewel shards ripped through their haori as they sped out the window toward Kagome.
 
Not understanding what was going on with the jewel shards they all rushed out of the study going to where Kagome was located.
 
Sesshomaru heart was pounding in his chest at the thought that he might lose his intended. He understood that when the shards merged with the part that Kagome had that it would complete the jewel. He hoped that Kagome had found a way to make a wish upon the jewel to get rid of the thing, hoping that the reason they were after her was because of the jewel she wore.
 
Once they arrived at her location her barrier prevented him from going any further. He was enraged that he couldn't reach her as he started pounding on the barrier trying to bring it down.
 
His eyes opened wide as the area was engulfed in a pure white light as it almost blinded everyone in the area. He watched in horror on what was happening in front of him unable to protect the one he wanted as a mate.
 
~oOo~
 
The jewel shards came flying towards Kagome as they landed neatly in her out stretched hand. Once they were there she closed her hand as she concentrated and merged the last two remaining shards with the jewel.
 
The jewel was now complete as it engulfed the area around her and she found herself standing next to Midoriko. She looked in the direction that the other miko was looking at and gasped. There, coming out of a fog like cloud, were the demons that were trapped inside the jewel of four souls.
 
She braced herself for the battle as she pulled her sword from its sheath. She took a fight stance next to Midoriko and waited for the youkai to attack.
 
They didn't have to wait for long when they saw the demons heading their way.
 
Midoriko was fast as she placed a barrier around herself and Kagome. Kagome seeing the barrier had an idea as she added her powers to it only not to reinforce the barrier but to make the barrier purify their enemy when they came into contact with it.
 
She had done something like this before but her purification powers were limited since she had to keep the barrier in place to protect herself. Now that she didn't have to worry about the barrier she put as much of her miko powers into the barrier as the first wave of youkai hit it.
 
The demons screamed in agony as they touched the barrier. They didn't think that it would hurt them since in the past all it would do was not let them get close to the miko.
 
As the first wave of youkai hit the barrier they got purified, the rest had stopped dead in their tracks not wanting to suffer the same fate. They noticed that there was another female standing next to their prey as they growled viciously. This new intruder was also a miko and they were very powerful together.
 
It was now Midoriko and Kagome's turn to attack as they looked at each other and smiled an evil smile as they raced forward. They attacked without mercy as they were cutting down the threat in front of them.
 
Soon two thirds of the youkai had fallen to their swords as they stood side by side getting ready for the next wave of attacks. The youkai's that were left were the strongest of the demons and they were going to have their work cut out for them.
 
Midoriko put her sword in front of her as she concentrated. She placed a tremendous amount of her miko powers into the sword as she attacked. A bright blue flame came out of her sword as it raced toward the youkai standing in front of her. It connected with its target as it jumped from youkai to youkai purifying each one in turn.
 
Kagome brought her sword up as she channeled her power into and called forth her purifying blades. The blades came out of the sword as it streaked toward the youkai killing as many as possible. Soon they only had one youkai left as they both faced off against him.
 
He was the most powerful demon of them all. He had grabbed the fallen youkai before they were purified and pulled them into his body, much the same way as Naraku had done to create his own body. He had grown in size and power. Having been the one that had grabbed Midoriko and was about to swallow her hole in their last battle, she had managed to use her remaining strength to seal him in the jewel she created.
 
Both miko's were now tired as they faced off against their enemy. This is why Midoriko wanted Kagome to fight along side her and help her defeat the demons that were in the jewel. He was the most powerful and by the time she had battled the rest of the demons she would have been too tired to fight and win the battle with him.
 
He was the one that allowed the jewel to be tainted because it would give him power to get rid of Midoriko. Now both women faced off with this demon and they had no idea how to defeat him.
 
They battled for what seemed like forever, they were both taking hits from their opponent and were weakening. The youkai too was losing ground in the battle, as the miko's were very powerful. He thought that if he could separate them then he would be able to defeat them individually.
 
He rushed in causing Kagome and Midoriko to move to opposite sides. Now the demon was between them and this would prove to be his demise. Both Kagome and Midoriko attacked without mercy as Kagome released her hearts storm from her sword.
 
She had channeled so much of her emotions into that attack that it was even more powerful than before. The twirling tornado headed straight for the demon as it tried to get out of the way. Soon his powers were returned to him as he was destroyed by the power of the sword that this human miko carried.
 
How he had fallen to just a mire human was beyond his comprehension, as his body was ripped apart piece by piece.
 
The battle was finally over as Midoriko walked over to Kagome and said, “You have done well my daughter. You have earned the right to be called my daughter for if I had a daughter she would be like you. You have more power than even I possess. You honor our family and me. I leave this sword to you as a gift. It will help you in the battle ahead for peace.”
 
Midoriko stepped forward and gave the sword to Kagome. She was proud of her and everything that she had become. She smiled at her as she said, “I will always be with you. If you ever need me just call for me and I will answer.”
 
Kagome was panting hard from destroying that demon. It had taken everything she had to get rid of him. She was surprised that Midoriko had referred to her as her daughter but smiled when she said that she would always be with her.
 
She stepped forward to Midoriko as she hugged her tight in her embrace as she said in her ear. “I love you too mother. I hope to make you proud of me.”
 
Before they stepped apart Midoriko gave her a kiss on her forehead. When they separated the light around the clearing died away revealing a very worried Inu Youkai lord and his companions. Midoriko turned to him as she said, “Take care of my daughter my lord. I'm intrusting her safety to you and her heart. Love her and cherish her the way she needs to be.”
 
Bowing low to Sesshomaru, Midoriko, the once miko that was sealed in the Shikon No Tama, slowly disappeared as her soul was finally allowed to rest for the first time in centuries.
 
To say that Sesshomaru was shocked was an understatement. He could actually see the battle-taking place inside the glowing barrier and he was amazed at the power his mate held. It was agonizing for him to watch and not be able to protect her from harm.
 
His little miko battled bravely as she took down the last demon that stood in her way. When the light died down there in front of him stood the miko from the jewel. He heard her words as he saw her fade into the night sky as he whispered. “Don't worry Midoriko I will spend the rest of my life loving her the way she should be.”
 
He moved slowly forward as he stopped by his mate and looked at her. She was tired, he could tell but she took a few deep breath and stood straight once again. Once she had regained her composure he asked her, “Kagome, what happened to the jewel?”
 
Kagome slowly turned her eyes to Sesshomaru as blue met gold. Their eyes locked for just a moment as she said, “The jewel is now gone from his world, by defeating the demons within the jewel it automatically caused the jewel to disappear. It was the only way to get rid of the jewel that so many wanted.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his understanding of her words as he stepped forward and brought her into his embrace. He noticed that Kagome's appearance had changed just a bit. In the middle of her forehead she now had a teardrop of blue with a flicker of a flame beneath it. It signified that she was a pure heart miko with great powers. He could tell that she was tired as he rubbed her back in a soothing motion and started to purr.
 
Kagome felt when Sesshomaru was rubbing her back with gentle strokes. She welcomed the comfort he gave her as she relaxed into his hold. She heard the purrs coming from her mate as it relaxed her and she fell asleep in his arms.
 
Kagome's breathing even out as Sesshomaru picked her up and headed back toward his castle. His mate was secure in his arms as he walked up his chambers. He said his good nights to his guest and went to his room to rest. His mate firmly tucked into his embrace as he thought about the training he was going to do in the morning.
 
He knew that he had to teach her how to control her true Inu Youkai and how not to lose her clothes when she transformed.
 
He thought it strange that his mate could transform into her true form where no other female demoness could. It was a known fact that all female demons had lost their ability to transform, and let their true beast come out, centuries ago.
 
It was said that the females were weaker in their true demon forms and couldn't control the beast that was within them so they opted not to transform. Their inexperience to control the beast within them lead to losing the ability to change.
 
But his mate was different. From what he had seen she was not weak by any means. She was stronger in this form and still maintained control over her beast, a feat that he himself had spent centuries in mastering.
 
He sighed as he laid down next to his mate. He had his work cut out for him before the other lords arrived at the castle.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Sorry that the little piece about the question that Sesshomaru never answered Kagome was not in this chapter. It will be in the next. I'll give you a hint. It was after he woke up from his battle with Kagome to make her submit to him and they were in the hot springs together.
 
I'm sorry guys for the late update. The next is going to be even later until I fix some problems that I'm having here. I'm truly sorry for making you wait for an update but it cannot be helped.
 
In the next chapter the day finally arrives. The lords for the other two lands have finally arrived in the west to test Kagome to see if she is a worthy mate for Sesshomaru. Tension run high as Lord Kamlyn starts to plot on what he is going to do to get rid of Kagome.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!