InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 27
 
The next morning when Kagome woke up she was feeling even stronger than before. Her battle with those demons from the jewel had given her a good workout. She yawned and stretched as she started to get out of bed so she could prepare for her training. But before she could even get out of bed a tightening of arms brought her back to bed and tucked against her mates soft chest.
 
Sesshomaru growled at being awakened, he was enjoying his sleep with his mate. He knew that it was time to get up and do some training but he wanted so much to stay in bed with her.
 
He tightens his grip and pulled her back into his chest as he started to purr and lick her neck to sooth her back to sleep. His efforts were wasted as he heard her say, “Sesshomaru, we have to get up and train. Those other lords will be here in a weeks time and I want to be ready for the test.”
 
He sighed and released his mate because he knew she was right. He looked at her and said with an evil smile on his face, “When this test is over with I will keep you in bed with me and ravish your body to my hearts content.”
 
Kagome blushed at the remark made by him as she got out of bed and got dressed in her training outfit. She grabbed her swords and tucked them into her sash as she headed out the door with her mate following closely behind her.
 
They made it to the forest where they would normally train and got ready. They faced each other as they attacked to get their blood flowing first thing in the morning.
 
After about an hour of attacking each other Sesshomaru had come to a conclusion, that the battle his mate had fought last night had changed her. She was stronger more accurate with her moves and much more deadly.
 
On a couple of occasions she had almost gotten to him with some moves he had never seen before. She had become faster in her attacks and her stance now was totally different from what she usually used.
 
While they were fighting a light rain started to fall over the Western Lands. The cold droplets of water covered both combatants in its wetness. They finally stopped as they were both panting from the fight.
 
Sesshomaru took a step toward his mate and said, “You're more powerful than before and your strikes are deadly. I have no doubt that you will win the fight against the other lords when the time comes.
 
I would like to teach you how to fight in your true form if you're not too tired to try. The transformation itself could prove to be difficult if you're exhausted.”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “I'm not that tired, and I think I can handle the transformation. But I have no idea how to change into my true form. In the past I managed to change only when the pups were in danger. I never had to summon the transformation at will before.”
 
Sesshomaru took this in as he said, “To transform all you have to do is concentrate on the power deep within you. The beast that is in you is there and you can release it by lowering your defenses. The reason you transformed before is because you let the powers out in order to help you protect your pups.
 
But before you try to summon the beast there is something that you must also concentrate on. The times you have transformed back you have had no clothes on when you regain your human form. When you transform into your true form allow your skin to absorb your clothes and when you transform back allow them to be expelled.”
 
Kagome understood his instructions as she walked away from him and started to concentrate. She found the power that was deep within her and started to let it out. Her body was engulfed in a pure white light as she transformed into her true Inu Youkai form.
 
Pleased with her effort she looked down to the demon that held her heart. You could see the smile on his face as she lowered her nose to the ground and sniffed him.
 
Sesshomaru smiled as he rubbed her nose as it came closer to him, “Now let see you transform back into your human form. I will be ready in case you lose your clothes again.”
 
With a slight growl she raised her head up and started to concentrate to transform back to her human form. To her delight and Sesshomaru disappointment she had her clothes on when she reverted back.
 
Sesshomaru walked over to her as he said, “Alright, we will both transform into our true demon form and I will teach you how to fight. It is basically hand to hand combat but slightly different. You must remember that you don't have arms or legs but four paws. I have already seen that you have poison in your saliva so that is one of your attacks that you can use on your enemy.
 
When you transform again try to see if you can make poison come out of your claws. This would be another one of your weapons.”
 
Kagome nodded her understanding as they both transformed back into their true forms.
 
Kagome brought her paws forward as she took her paw and scrapped it against the ground. To her delight she found out that she did indeed have poison in her claws as she looked at Sesshomaru with her tail wagging happily.
 
Sesshomaru was impressed she had many of his powers when transformed, now to teach her how to fight in this form. `This should prove to be very interesting. I want to see if she can quickly adapt to her new form.'
 
He growled as he said, “Now we will begin the training. Once you start feeling weak we will stop the training for today. Being transformed like this takes a lot of energy and if you're not used to it, it could hurt you.”
 
Both dogs faced each other, as they got in a fighting stance. They attacked each other with strength, speed, and ferocity. Kagome quickly adapted to her new form and she used her tail to her advantage a couple of times and smacked Sesshomaru with it in the back of the head as he dodged her attack.
 
Sesshomaru growled lightly as he turned to face his mate. She was proving to be a strong opponent as he attacked again. They continued like this for the better part of two hours. The sound of the trees crashing around them as they fought could be heard in the distance.
 
She was proving that she had the strength of will in any situation and was a force to be reckoned with.
 
At one point Sesshomaru had attacked and pinned her to the ground as he stood over her and growled. “You have done well my little mate. We should cease training for today for the children will be up soon.”
 
He lowered his head to his mate as he nuzzled her in affection. Her purrs were driving him crazy, as it was the sign of submission from her to him. He stepped away from her before he lost control to his inner demon and he claimed her before the test. He was panting hard as he transformed back into his human form.
 
Kagome transformed back into her human form as she walked up to her mate with concern in her eyes. She kneeled in front of him as she asked, “Sesshomaru? Are you all right? Your eyes turned blood red for a moment.”
 
Kagome didn't understand what was going on. She had never seen this side of him and she was worried. She knew that she had felt this urge when she was in her true form to give into his desires. His scent had been heavenly and she didn't understand. Nothing in the books that she had read described this feeling and she wanted to know.
 
Sesshomaru was still having problems beating down his darker half. He wanted to claim what was rightfully his and if he admitted to himself he wanted it too. Her scent was sweet and it brought forth an urge to take her. He knew that if he had stayed in that form that he would have claimed her as his mate.
 
He finally got control over his inner demon as he looked up into his mate's eyes. He saw the worry she held for him as he quickly pulled her into his embrace and landed with a splat in the cold wet mud. He looked at her and growled as he said, “You look beautiful covered in mud.”
 
Kagome was surprised at being grabbed and thrown to the muddy ground. She was now covered in mud as she looked at her mate in disbelief. She heard his comment as she got an evil smirk on her face and used her strength to role them over in the mud and got him equally dirty as well.
 
Amused at seeing her mate covered in mud she said in his ear, “Now I know your secret, you really do love to role around in the mud. That's why you were so dirty that day in the dojo. You must have gone out and just enjoyed getting dirty.”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes opened wide as her sudden revelation. Yes he did enjoy rolling around in the mud and rain but he had never meant for her to find out.
 
He went to grab his mate as she slipped out of his grasp. With her form covered in mud it was hard to grab her. They played around in the clearing for a while just getting dirty and enjoying their time together.
 
They finally had to stop and go back to the castle. They needed to bathe and then tend to the children once they were awake. They found that they both enjoyed just getting dirty and this was something that he would diffidently have to explore later once they were mated.
 
~oOo~
 
The days passed and Kagome continued to train with Sesshomaru. She had asked him if he would send for Sango and Miroku to help her protect the pups from harm. To her delight he had agreed to let her friends come to the castle.
 
A messenger was dispatched to get them when Inuyasha had told them where they were located. They had decided to stay at Kaede's village to protect it after he had left to go after Kagome.
 
It was a tearful reunion between the slayer and his mate. They hugged each other fiercely as they had missed each other over the months that she had been at the castle.
 
When Miroku approached and offered her his greeting he got a threatening growl from the demon lord. Miroku's hand had been traveling down to touch what was his and he didn't like it. If it had been anyone else they would have been dead by now but since his mate held such affection for this human he held his instincts at bay.
 
“Monk! If you want to continue living I suggest that you reframed from touching any female in my castle in that manner, because my mate would be displeased with me if I killed you.” Said Sesshomaru with a growl.
 
Miroku understood his threat and reframed from touching any females while he was here in his castle. It would be a test of his control but he didn't want to die before he had the chance to claim the lovely Sango as his wife.
 
They had both agreed to wait until they found out about Kagome and what she was going to do. Sango did not want to get married unless Kagome could attend the ceremony. So with a broken heart he had agreed to postpone the wedding until they have heard from Kagome.
 
Kagome quickly explained to her friends why they were brought to the castle and the attacks that they had experienced.
 
From Miroku's sources of information they had not heard any rumors on anyone who wanted to kill the Western Lord or his mate. This was very interesting to them, this only meant that whoever was after them was keeping quiet about it. They agreed to help Kagome guard the pups when she was not around.
 
Kagome was happy to hear that her friends were willing to help. She knew that she would be very busy trying to get ready for the challenge and she needed someone that she could trust around the children.
 
She explained that they would be helping Nasume who had taken it upon herself to always be with them. Kagome knew that she was tired and could use some rest from her constant vigilance.
 
With this in mind Kagome introduced her friends to Nasume and explained that they would be helping her care for the children.
 
Sango and Nasume hit it off, as they became friends with each other. Miroku got busy and started to set up sutras that will protect the pups while they were in the castle. Miroku's powers were great when he wasn't trying to grope other females.
 
Her friends had settled into the castle to help her protect Shippo and Rin and she was very grateful for their help.
 
~oOo~
 
Lord Tususki had been watching Sesshomaru and Kagome everyday while they trained. He kept his distance from them not wanting to be seen or sensed by the couple.
 
As he watched Kagome train he knew that she was very powerful. He decided that he would join in their training to see how powerful she was and to offer some pointers that might help her in her test in a few days.
 
He made his way into the clearing and the couple immediately stopped when he approached.
 
Sesshomaru growled at being disturbed as he eyed his father's friend with caution. `I wonder what he is doing here? Is he here to test Kagome when the others are due to arrive in a couple of days?'
 
Tususki growled for the pup to be quiet as he said, “I want to join in on your training. I know that you have been training with your mate to make sure that she is able to defeat the other lords but I want to see how she fairs against me. She knows your moves and it would do her good to fight someone else who she has never faced before.”
 
Sesshomaru growled his displeasure. He didn't want her to fight anyone just yet. He had moved over to Kagome as he had stepped in front of her to protect. He might be his father's best friend but she was his mate and he will protect her from harm.
 
He felt a gentle hand on his arm as he looked at his mate to be. She was smiling at him as he took in her sweet scent that made him relax.
 
Kagome could tell that Sesshomaru was upset but Tususki did have a valid point. She turned to her mate as she said, “Sesshomaru, it's all right. I will train with him. He does have a valid point. I'm used to all of your moves and can predict your next strike. With a new opponent I can really test my skills before the test.”
 
Sesshomaru had to give in to her logic. She did have a point. He still didn't like it but he moved aside to give her a chance to prove her skills. He gave Tususki a death glare that said that if he hurt his intended there would be nothing holding him back from killing him.
 
Tususki understood the silent threat as he moved into position, drawing his sword. He took a fighting stance in front of Kagome to see how she would react.
 
Kagome for the most part was ready to test her skills. She had gotten stronger than she ever thought possible. She would use whatever means available to her to fight and win the test.
 
Kagome had decided to use Midoriko's sword as she sheathed the sword that Sesshomaru had given her. She needed to practice with this sword so she could get used to the feel of it. To her surprise she felt the sword adjust to her miko powers as it pulsed in her hand. The sword had accepted it's new master as it tapped into her powers to make the sword come to life.
 
The sword grew slightly longer but became very light in her hand. It glowed and eerie gold as the power pulsed into the sword.
 
Kagome looked at the sword and complete understanding of how it worked came into her mind. She moved the sword in circles around her getting the feel of the sword as she brought it forward in a defensive position.
 
Her fighting stance had changed again surprising Sesshomaru, as he watched from the sidelines. Her aura was stronger as a small smile appeared on his face. He knew that his mate had grown in power again when she used the sword that Midoriko had given her.
 
Tususki was surprised; Kagome had changed her fighting stance to one that could block all of his moves when he attacked. He had been watching her fight for the last few days and had gotten used to her moves. Now that she had changed her stance he had no idea what she was going to do.
 
Tususki braced himself as he attacked. He moved with speed toward his target as he swung his sword in such a way that it would be hard for anyone to block his attack. To his surprise Kagome had blocked it perfectly and was now staying off his attack as they pushed each other in a test of strength.
 
Kagome easily blocked his attacked as they were now engaged in a strength of will. She was not about to lose to him. She reached deep inside her as she pushed him away from her and moved forward to attack.
 
Her attacks were clean and swift as she had him retreating backwards from the assaults. Her sword continued to pulse in her hand as it gave her the strength to match the attackers strength.
 
Tususki was hard pressed not to retreat from the attack that Kagome had unleashed. He knew that she was strong but he had no idea that she was this powerful. He turned as he let her go by him and he tried to attack again, only to have her move quickly out of the way to land next to him.
 
He felt the force of her hit as she sent him flying through the air to land at least 20 feet away from her.
 
He slowly got back on his feet as he held his side. She had diffidently done some damage to his ribs as he saw her coming towards him. He blocked her attacks again and he had to admit to himself that she was better than he ever thought she would be.
 
Kagome continued her assault on Tususki as he continued to defend. Aside from the first time that he had attacked her she never gave him the chance to attack again. He was powerful in his own right but Kagome had something to prove to these males.
 
She wanted to prove that she was a worthy mate for Sesshomaru and her love for him fueled her resolve.
 
She had finally succeeded in knocking the sword away from his hand as he landed on the ground with a sword to his throat.
 
Tususki was surprised that this human female had defeated him in battle as he looked up into her eyes. His eyes opened wide when he saw that her eyes had turned blood red from the battle. He quickly said, “I concede this fight to you my dear. You have proven yourself to be a strong mate for the Lord of the West.
 
This Tususki will not challenge you in the upcoming test for I have seen first hand that you are powerful. I do believe that Sesshomaru's father would be please at his son's choice in mate.”
 
Tususki waited for Kagome to back down from the fight but she was not about to let him get up. He became worried when he saw Sesshomaru approach her from the side.
 
Sesshomaru noticed that Kagome's eyes had gone blood red from anger. She had tapped into her demon energy and now it was in control. He had heard Tususki words and thought that his mate would accept his defeat but he was wrong. She would not stand down from him and unless he stepped in she could kill him.
 
He slowly approached his mate from behind as he reached around her and grabbed her hand with the sword in it. He gently pulled her away from Tususki while he held her in his arms and wrapped her in his warmth as he sat her down in his lap.
 
He licked her neck to calm her and purred as he said, “Mate, he has conceded the fight to you. You do not have to kill him.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she let her powers recede back and took control again. She was breathing hard as she opened her eyes to look at her mate and smiled. Her eyes had returned to normal as her breathing finally evened out.
 
She finally stood straight up and said, “I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to lose control like that.”
 
Tususki stood up from the ground as he grabbed his side. He knew he had a couple of broken ribs from the fight. He looked at Kagome and said, “You are a very powerful miko. I have never, in my life, fought someone with such powers. You weren't even using your miko powers to defend yourself. It was shear brute strength and this is what surprised me.
 
You changed your fighting stance to enable you to block my attacks. This is something that I have not seen in you before. I have watched you train and you always had the same fighting stance when you attacked Sesshomaru even when he had changed his.
 
It's a sign of effectively reading your opponents and adapting to a situation. I thought that by offering to battle with you that I could offer you some advice on how to defeat the other lords, but I was wrong. You can do this on your own and not many females can do this.
 
I offer you my blessing and accept you to mate with Sesshomaru. I know that he would have a happy life with you and the pups you bear will be strong in their own rights.”
 
Tususki then turned to Sesshomaru and said, “You have done well in choosing your mate. She is powerful and she should have no trouble in defeating the other lords. I will not fight her in the test, for she has already proven to this Tususki that she can defeat him. But I will, however, test her knowledge when the time comes.
 
For now I must have my wounds tended to. Your mate packs a powerful punch and I think she broke a couple of my ribs.”
 
Kagome upon hearing that she had hurt Sesshomaru mentor had started to cry. She didn't mean to hurt him in anyway. She approached Lord Tususki and said, “My Lord, please forgive me for hurting you. I never meant to hurt you in anyway. If you would allow me I can heal your wounds.”
 
Tususki was surprised to see her cry. She was hurt for having hurt him in a fight. He smiled as he reached to swipe the tears away from her cheek as he said, “Kagome you don't have to be sorry for hurting me. You did what you had to do in order to win the fight. I wouldn't have expected anything less. But I would be honored if you could heal my wounds for me.”
 
Kagome looked at her mate as she saw his gentle nod for her to proceed. She stepped forward and helped him sit on the ground. She placed her hand on his side and began to concentrate.
 
A blue light appeared on her hands as it healed his injuries from their battle. When she was finally done he felt better than before. He looked at her and smiled as he said, “Kagome you truly are powerful. I feel better than before I started this fight. You are truly special.”
 
Sesshomaru helped Kagome to her feet as Tususki rose on his own. He felt his side and shook his head at what she had done for him. Together they left the clearing heading back toward the castle.
 
Sesshomaru now knew that his mate was ready to defeat the other lords. She had faired well against Lord Tususki in that fight and had won. He was filled with pride knowing that his mate was strong. He couldn't wait until this ordeal was over with so he could claim his mate. He would be looking forward to their mating and he knew deep in his heart that she was the one destined for him.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was in his study while Lord Tususki was briefing him on what was going to happen when the other lords got to his kingdom. “When the rest of the lords get here we will all meet so you can introduce your intended. I know that tension will be high between you and Kamlyn but you must remain focused on what is going on.
 
You cannot let him know that you know of his plans to get the pups. Your mate's friends will see to their safety and you must protect your intended until the test.
 
I have no doubt that your mate will defeat the other lords in a fight but Kamlyn is ruthless. But if she unleashes a small amount of the powers, which I felt within her, she will defeat him.
 
Have her not eat or drink in front of them. Kamlyn could find a way to poison her food and we don't want to take chances. You will provide her meals and drinks and no one will suspect anything because it is the inu youkai way to make his mate submit to his power. But make sure that you tell Kagome that is not, in anyway, a punishment on your part only a way to keep her save from your enemy.
 
She is very intelligent and knows our way of doing things.”
 
Sesshomaru knew what Tususki was saying as he turned to him, “Yes, I will make sure that she understands that this is not a form of punishment. Her knowledge stems from the books she has read. They can only tell her so much information and I have to provide the rest.”
 
Tususki looked up at Sesshomaru with shock, “She can read??? I never knew that humans were educated. Knowledge is only limited to the highest of ranks in the royal sector. I had suspected that you had briefed her for her knowledge test on what she needed to know. It has been the custom in the past because I know that demonesses are not that well educated.”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled at his comment, “Yes she can read. She is highly educated and her knowledge is vast. She keeps her words simple because her intellect will surpasses even this Sesshomaru's.”
 
Again Tususki was surprised at his comments. This human was full of surprises. He shook his head to get back to the business at hand when there was a knock on the door.
 
Sesshomaru turned as he faced the door and said, “Enter!”
 
To his surprise it was one of his spies that had been dispatched to trail the attackers back to their headquarters.
 
A few days ago one of his spies had returned with the information confirming that Lord Kamlyn was the one trying to get the pups. He had also learned of his plans and had plans of his own to protect the other lords that would be here in his domain.
 
So he was surprised that he got another visit from his spies in such a short period of time. He was completely taken by surprise to learn that this particular youkai had not been following the neko youkai back to their headquarters but that this one had followed the shadow demons that were spying in his castle.
 
“My Lord, I bring news from the north. We have tracked the source of the second group of intruders that is trying to get to Lady Kagome. We have followed the shadow demons that have been roaming around the castle back to their headquarters.
 
We have learned that a Lord Ryo is behind trying to get to your mate. He is a dragon youkai and wishes to take your mate for himself.” Said the spy as he was standing in front of his lord. He did not miss the redness that came into his eyes when he mentioned that this demon wanted his mate as his own.
 
Sesshomaru became enraged when he heard this news, `How dare that dragon think that this Sesshomaru would allow a vermin like him to take my mate as his own. I will fight him to the end to protect her and even then he will never have her.
 
But this Ryo, I have heard this name before but I can't figure out where I have heard it.'
 
Sesshomaru was brought out of his mussing as he heard Tususki ask his spy, “Are you sure that the name you heard was Ryo?”
 
The spy turned to the other lord and said, “Yes my lord. We heard his name correctly and he plans on taking Lady Kagome as his mate. He wants revenge for being imprisoned all these years.”
 
“Do you know who imprisoned him?” asked Tususki.
 
“No my lord he did not mentioned it to the shadow demons. I have left two of my companions behind. They are keeping their eye on him and will inform us if there is anything new to add.” Said the spy. He was still keeping his eye on his lord to make sure he wouldn't kill him for this news. It was a known fact that if you upset the Western Lord you could lose your head.
 
Sesshomaru turned to his spy and said, “You are dismissed. You have done your job well in bringing me this information. Now go and get some rest and food.”
 
The guard, grateful for still being alive after bringing such bad news, bowed deeply to his lord before leaving the study. He quickly made it out the door before his lord could change his mind.
 
Tususki looked at Sesshomaru with concern. He had heard this name before and he didn't like what he was about to tell this young pup. “Sesshomaru do you know who this Ryo is?”
 
Sesshomaru looked up from his desk as he said, “No, but I have heard of this name before but I can't place where I have heard or read about it.”
 
Tususki took a deep breath and let it out to calm himself before he started to speak, “I know who Ryo is. A long time ago, when the four lords formed the accord that they will come to each other's aid if they were ever attacked from an outside enemy, Ryo had made his move to attack the Northern territories.
 
All the other lords came to my grandfather's aid as they fought the dragon that wanted to take away his lands. It was your grandfather that had the power to seal Ryo deep into the northern mountains and imprison him there. The seal could not be broken unless one of his decedents could defeat one of his.
 
Centuries passed as Ryo son, Ryuukotsusei, challenged your father for his lands. He had almost defeated him when your father took one of his fangs and pierced it through his heart as he sealed him to a mountain. Ryuukotsusei had met the same fate as his father, but your father's battle with Ryuukotsusei proved to be his undoing. He died a short time after that battle.”
 
Sesshomaru was remembering back to that time. He also remembered that he had gone to where this Ryuukotsusei laid dormant where his father had sealed him. It was during a time when he was pondering why his father had given the Tetsusaiga to his brother.
 
“Yes I remember that time in my life. I had gone to that place and seen him pinned to the side of a mountain with fathers fang stuck through his heart. But I don't know how he got lose.” Said Sesshomaru as he tried to figure out what had happened.
 
“I can tell you what happened.” Sesshomaru was shocked to hear his brother's voice in the room. He had forgotten that he was even in there at all. He was standing by the window watching his mate and pups playing in the field down below.
 
Inuyasha took a deep breath as he recalled what happened that day in the mountains. “I had gone there to defeat Ryuukotsusei so my sword would get lighter.
 
When the Tetsusaiga was broken in my fight against one of Naraku's incarnations, I had to take the sword to Totosai to have it repaired. He fixed my sword with one of my fangs but it made it heavy to lift.
 
The only way to make the sword lighter was defeat an enemy that my old man could not defeat. When I got there Naraku was already there and he release Ryuukotsusei from the spell that father had placed on him.
 
If I wanted my sword to get lighter I had to defeat him. It was no longer my fathers fang that was protecting me but my own fang that I had to master. It was a hard battle but in the end I did kill Ryuukotsusei. By doing so my sword became lighter and I am able to summon the wind scar on command. Plus I have a new attack for my sword it's the ultimate attack for the Tetsusaiga, the backlash wave.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his head toward his brother in understanding. He had heard rumors that Ryuukotsusei was defeated but he didn't know how. His brother was truly strong for not even he knew of the swords ultimate attack.
 
Tususki took all of this information in and then said, “Well I can say without a doubt that it was Naraku that released Ryo from his prison.
 
When Naraku was able to break the spell your father had placed on Ryuukotsusei he effectively broke your grandfathers spell as well. He is a powerful opponent and I fear for Kagome's life. If he decides to attack and get to her he just might succeed.
 
I know that she is strong but he has powers that he had time to develop and will exceed Kagome's and he might be able to take her from here. But if you mate her before he can attack then he will not be able to touch her for she will grow in power along with you.”
 
`Damn this test, Kagome is in danger and the only way to keep her safe is to mate with her. I'm honored bound to see this through.' Thought Sesshomaru as he started to growl. He was not happy about this little bit of information and he knew that he would have to tell his lovely mate of the danger. He knew that she would tell him not to worry about her safety but his beast will not rest until she was his.
 
So now they had to plan a defense against a dragon demon that wants to take away his mate. It seems that ever since he had selected Kagome to be his mate everyone was after her. They knew that he would only pick a strong mate and she was a prize worth fighting for.
 
He left his study to inform his mate about this latest news. He had promised her that he would keep her informed about any information that they received.
 
True to his predictions his lovely mate had said not to worry that she had no intentions of getting caught by a dragon and being dragged away from the Western Lands. He had smiled at her response as he pulled her into his embrace, nuzzling her neck, and licking her as a sign of affection.
 
Kagome had a good understanding of the inu youkai way and he had explained to her its structure. She had asked why he had been laying on top of her that one night and he had to explain his reason for doing so. He knew that deep down inside she had understood but didn't know exactly what it meant.
 
She now knew that he was the dominant male and she was the dominant female of his pack. With her status came the protection of his pack to her. They were loyal to her because she was his mate. She had to submit to his will in order for the social structure to be established.
 
He had admitted to her that he didn't expect to go through all this with her because she was human. But as she started to change and became more inu than human he had to exert his dominance over her so she would submit to his authority. Once this was done she fell into the social structure perfectly.
 
He left his mate in the gardens as she stayed to watch over the pups. He made his way back into his study as he saw Tususki still sitting there deep in thought. They planned for the rest of the day on what they would do if this Ryo decided to attack.
 
~oOo~
 
The day they had been waiting for finally came when the other lords would arrive at Sesshomaru's castle. The field has been prepared for the test and a very nervous Kagome was pacing in her bed chambers. She was nervous as hell. She just hoped that she didn't do anything to embarrass her mate in front of these other lords.
 
She knew what she had to do but she just hoped that she could keep her temper under control when she finally met this Lord Kamlyn for the first time along with his daughter. Word had gotten back to them that she would also be attending the test and this did not please Kagome at all. She could tell that this would prove to be an interesting day as she walked out of her chambers to join her mate in the grand audience chamber.
 
Kagome was beautifully dressed in a white kimono with red sakara blossoms on it. She had a red obi that rapped around her slim waist showing off her figure to perfection. Her hair was pulled up into and elegant bun with some hair let loose to frame her beautiful face.
 
Nasume had helped her dress as she gently applied some makeup to bring out her natural beauty. To Nasume surprised when she had stepped back to look at her mistress she was shocked to see the change she had made.
 
Kagome was a beautiful ningen but with just a little makeup on her face her beauty came out even more. When she stood and walked around she carried herself like royalty demanding respect.
 
Kagome stopped by the children's room to see how they were doing along with her friends. They were quietly playing in the room when they all looked up to see who had entered the room.
 
The kids stopped playing their game as they looked at their mother. Never before had they seen her look so beautiful. Shippo was the first to come out of his stupor as he said, “Mama! You look absolutely gorgeous!”
 
Kagome blushed at the compliment she received from her son as she heard Rin echo his comment. She looked at her friends and saw the surprised look on Sango's face when she saw her and the open mouth of Miroku as he stared at her.
 
Sango came out of her shock as she walked toward Kagome and said, “Kagome, you look so beautiful dressed like that. I have never seen this side of you and it suits you.”
 
Kagome bowed her head at her friend and answered, “Thank you Sango that means a lot to me.”
 
Miroku finally got his composure back as he walked to where Kagome was standing and offered his opinion as well, “Kagome, you will definitely turn every males head when you walk into that room today. No one can compare to your beauty.”
 
Kagome was shocked by his words. Never, in the years she had been traveling with her friends, had she ever heard Miroku speak like this about her without his hand drifting south to her butt. `As a matter of fact I have not seen Miroku grope anyone since he has been here.' Thinking that this was a good thing, it lifted her spirits knowing that she looked, at least acceptable, to be Sesshomaru's mate.
 
She turned as she left the room with a lighter heart than she walked in there with as they gave her their best wishes. They knew that she was going to turn every male's head in that room once she walked in.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was in the grand audience chambers greeting his guest. Lord Kumo of the Eastern Lands was the last to arrive at his castle. He greeted him and led the other lords into the grand audience chambers to await Kagome's arrival.
 
He already had to fight off Lord Kamlyn daughter, Sora, from trying to grab him. He detested that wench and didn't want anything to do with her. She was heading towards him again when the doors opened and the heralds announced Kagome's arrival. “My Lord's and Ladies presenting Lady Kagome.”
 
When he looked upon his mate to be his heart just about stopped beating. He had never seen her so elegantly dressed. She was truly beautiful and he noticed that every male in the room was practically drooling over what he had.
 
He gave a growl of possessiveness as he moved forward to escort her to the front of the room.
 
When he reached her she gave him the most perfect smile he had ever seen. He offered her his arm and she took it as they walked together toward the front of the room.
 
Kagome noticed out of the corner of her eye the female demon that was sending death glares towards her direction. She figured that this was Sora of the Southern Lands and she knew that she would have to keep an eye on her.
 
Kagome noticed that while they were walking toward the front of the room she had heard Sesshomaru's vicious growls and snarls, as he pulled her closer to him. She understood that this was his way of letting everyone know that she was his intended and no one was going to take her away from him. She knew that he would kill anyone who tried to do so and she had come to the conclusion to accept his actions if it meant her safety.
 
She might not be happy about him killing someone over her but she understood in the youkai world that they wouldn't learn their lesson until he killed a few who dared to touch what was his.
 
They finally made it to the large daises in the front of the room as she stood by his side.
 
Everyone seeing them come to a stop on the large daises and facing the room; they stopped talking to hear what the Western Lord had to say.
 
Sesshomaru took a deep breath as he began to speak, “I want to thank everyone for coming here today. I want to introduce my intended. This is Lady Kagome and she has consented to be my mate.”
 
Kagome looked around the room as she tried to see all there. She was looking for potential threats to her family as she scanned the room while standing next to Sesshomaru quietly.
 
She had spotted that female demon that had sent her the death glare and she was speaking to another demon next to her. That demoness had on a kimono that didn't cover very much of her body. It was very revealing whenever she walked.
 
She wanted to hear what they were saying as she lowered her head and started a spell that would enable her to hear.
 
~oOo~ Conversation with Sora and her father ~oOo~
 
“Father, I don't think that you will have any problems getting rid of that whore up there with Sesshomaru. She is only a ningen and doesn't have any power to her aura.” Said Sora in a heated statement to her father. She had tried earlier to get close to Sesshomaru but he just growled at her and warned her not to approach.
 
Sora was not used to not getting what she wanted. She had no problem getting other males into her bed but with Sesshomaru he had refused her entirely. She was at a lost for why this was happening for she knew that all males desired her. But Sesshomaru was proving to be a challenge.
 
Kamlyn for his part had seen the ningen enter the room. She was not much to look at but the other males in the room did not agree with his assessment of this ningen. He could smell the scent of arousal as she walked by with Sesshomaru heading toward the front of the room.
 
He had heard Sesshomaru's growls of warning that she was his and would kill anyone who would try to take her from him. Luck seemed to be on Kamlyn side for when he killed Kagome; Sesshomaru could do nothing about it since he was prevented from interfering with the test.
 
He was safe from his wrath and he would have to accept his daughter as his mate. He knew that Lord Kumo was a young lord who just took over his father's lands less than a hundred years ago. He was unmated and he was definitely looking at the ningen with interest. He was after all a tiger youkai and didn't have any sense at all.
 
He understood that Lord Tususki would side with Sesshomaru on his choice of mate because of the long-standing relationship he held with the Western Lands. Sesshomaru's father had been his best friend before he died and he knew that he extended that friendship to his son.
 
He realized that in order to get his daughter to mate with Sesshomaru he would have to take care of the ningen first. That won't take place until tomorrow and he couldn't wait to see to her demise.
 
“Yes daughter I believe that I will not have any problems getting rid of her. She is a ningen and we all know that ningens are not educated so the first test she will fail will be the knowledge piece of it.
 
You are correct when you say that she holds no powers for her aura is weak. Even Lord Kumo would not have a problem killing her. If he does kill her then I will be spared the task of doing it myself.
 
Once she is out of the way then I will force Sesshomaru's hand. I'll have him take you as his mate and by the following day you will be Lady of the West.”
 
Kagome heard all of their plans and some of the other comments made about her. They didn't know that she was hiding her aura from them so they couldn't tell how strong she really was. She would have to teach them all a lesson on how not to underestimate your opponents.
 
She heard as Sesshomaru told everyone that the test would start in the morning as he had his servants show the lords and their guest to their rooms. They were all to be located in the southern wing, away from Sesshomaru and his family.
 
Sora didn't like this at all for she knew that this ningen will be were Sesshomaru was sleeping. She just hoped that her fathers plan worked because if it didn't then she would take matters in her own hands and kill the ningen herself.
 
She had the right to challenge if she wanted to mate with Sesshomaru and the ningen would have to fight. She was not going to be easy on her and she would enjoy squeezing the life out of her small form.
 
Sora followed her father and the others out of the grand audience chamber as they were shown to their rooms. She had one more day to plot her actions before the test begins in the morning. She was definitely looking forward to this.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru watched as everyone left the grand audience chamber. He was watching the males in particular as his eyes started to bleed red when the males refused to back down to his growls. He moved Kagome closer to him as he tucked her in at his side, showing all the males in the room that she was his.
 
Once everyone was gone Kagome let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she turned to Sesshomaru. She noticed that his eyes had gone blood red as she reached up to nuzzle him under his chin. She gave him a gentle lick to calm him as he pulled her into his embrace.
 
His inner youkai was raging mad at the refusal of those males to back down at his threats. If they had not left when they did there would have been a few dead for even looking at his intended.
 
When he felt his mate nuzzle him his mind quickly cleared as he pulled her into his embrace. He leaned down and took in her wonderful scent as it calmed his dark half down.
 
When he looked into her eyes all he saw was the love that she had for him as he leaned down and kissed her gently. It wasn't a passionate kiss but one that told her how much he loved her.
 
They were interrupted when Inuyasha cleared his throat as he approached his brother. He had a status report to give before he retires for the night. “I'm sorry to disturb you brother but the guards have been placed all around the southern wing. Once everyone is in their chambers Miroku will place seals at the entrance to the wing to make sure no one would leave their rooms.
 
The seals have already been placed on the outside of the windows preventing anyone from entering or leaving the castle.
 
They have also spotted a couple of the shadow demons in the castle and they are being watched at the moment. Miroku's sutras should be enough to prevent them from entering the western wing of the castle.”
 
Sesshomaru took all this in as he said, “Good, now we all need to get some rest. The real challenge will be tomorrow. The test will begin first thing in the morning. The night of the full moon will be tomorrow also. We need to make sure that the castle stays secure until after Kagome and I have mated. Once this is done then the threat to my kingdom will be over.”
 
Inuyasha understood his brother as he said, “Very well, I will see you in the morning.” He turned and left his brother and his best friend alone as he made his way to the western wing to finally get some rest. It is going to be a challenge to keep the castle safe until his brother mated Kagome.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru left the grand audience chamber and went to get some rest. Once they entered their room Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and said, “Sesshomaru, I heard most of the comments that those other lords said about me. I know that Kumo desires me for a mate.
 
I also know what Kamlyn has planned. He thinks that I'm weak and I want him to think that I am. Come tomorrow he will be really surprised at the power that I hold.”
 
Sesshomaru had also heard what Kamlyn was planning. His hearing was very sensitive, more sensitive than most inu youkai. This was part of his powers and he enjoyed listening to others when they thought that they could not be heard.
 
“Yes I heard his plans as well and we will be ready for his betrayal. The only one that knows your true powers is Tususki and he will not reveal your secret as of yet.
 
Preparations have been made to protect the castle and you, if he decides to attack. He doesn't know that by him coming here and attacking this Sesshomaru openly he will lose his lands to me. Under Youkai law if he attacks me directly and I defeat him then his lands belong to me. This law has been in effect for a long time but everyone tends to forget about it.”
 
Kagome understood his words as she had gotten into bed and was looking at her love. Soon they would be mated and she couldn't wait for him to complete her. She knew that deep down inside he was the one that was destined for her, the one to make her complete.
 
She didn't really understand all of these feeling that she was having or the strange power that seems to grow whenever he is near her but she knew that as far as her heart was concerned he was the one to make her happy.
 
But there was something that was nagging her in the back of her mind. She felt that something was going to happen tomorrow and she couldn't tell what it would be. She knew she had to face this threat and win the fight that would ensue to take her away from her beloved.
 
She was brought out of her musing when she felt her mate get into bed and pull her close into his chest. She turned as she hugged him and took comfort in his heat. Tonight was not a night of passion but one of bonding. They both had to get through the next day to finally have a chance to live a life of happiness.
 
They both closed their eyes as they let sleep take them. Happy to be in each others embrace as they rested for what was to come.
 
~oOo~
 
Off in the northern mountains Lord Ryo received word that the test will start tomorrow. Everything was falling into place for him and his plans will finally get him what he wanted.
 
He wanted the ningen and tomorrow he would go in and take her once she was weak from her ordeal and couldn't fight against him. Once he got her away from Sesshomaru he would mate with her and produce the heir that he wanted.
 
Then he could turn his attention to getting the lands away from those fools. It should be easy enough since they weren't that strong to stop him. He had gathered an army since his release from his prison and they should be strong enough to defeat the other lords.
 
Yes, tomorrow he would get the ningen and be mated to her by the end of the day. His plans couldn't have worked out better.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru's spies had heard what Ryo was planning as one of them left the Northern Mountains to relay the message to their lord. He was hoping that he could get there in time to warn his lord of the impending danger to his mate.
 
He was running as fast as his youkai legs could carry him wishing that he could travel like his lord in a demon ball of light. But this power was only seen in the strongest of demons and he had to content himself with his speed along the ground.
 
The only thing that you could see was the bending of the tree branches as he rushed by in a blur to the human eye, heading towards the west with his news.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I hope you are all not made at me for not giving you the test that Kagome will go through in this chapter. But I had my reasons for doing this way.
 
I have a question for all of you. I have received numerous email messages telling me not to change Kagome into a demon but leave her the way she is. Since I have not written the lemon yet, yes you hentai I will put in a full lemon to this story, I want to know by you reviewing what you all think. I know what I want to do but I will give you all a chance to speak your mind. I have never done this before I have always wrote the story the way I wanted to so just to be different I want your opinion. Let me know in your reviews.
 
The final stage has been set for Kagome's test. Tensions are running high between Kamlyn and Sesshomaru. Will Kagome come out the victor at the end or will she meet with her demise at the hands of Kamlyn. You have to wait to find out.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!