InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 29
 
Inuyasha and Miroku were running back to the castle as fast as possible. Miroku was trying to keep up with Inuyasha's demonic speed but he was lagging behind just a bit. They made it back in record time as they rushed into the castle and made their way toward the western wing.
 
Along the way they spotted the dead guards in the hallway, confirming their suspicions that they had intruders in the castle and they were after the pups.
 
Inuyasha drew his sword as he continued to run. He had to make it to where Shippo and Rin were located and make sure that they were all right.
 
They finally made it to the western wing as they hurried to the floor where the pups were located. They didn't hear the sound of a battle being fought as their worst fears took hold of their hearts. When they rounded a corner they stopped dead in their tracks as the sight in front of them caught them completely by surprise.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume and Mina were running through the castle gathering up all the female servant. They were going to try and convince the rest of the demonesses to ban together to protect Lady Kagome's pups.
 
It was Mina who had the idea of getting all of the female servant together so they could protect Lady Kagome's pups. They were all gathered in a large hallway as Mina said, “We have to band together and fight. Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Kagome have brought us here to live in peace with our pups.
 
Lady Kagome has taken it upon herself to educate our young just like her own pups. With her educating them they will all have a brighter future. If we all would have stayed in the villages where we were then our pups would have been killed by now and we would be carrying another's pup.
 
She protects our pups from danger like any other mother would protect would her own. She had saved my Tashi from the snake youkai, at great risk to herself, and brought him back to me. I can't even imagine the type of pain I would have felt if she didn't care enough about my pup to save and protect him.
 
I for one will give my life to protect her pups because I know that if I die my pup will be well taken care of here in the castle. If we let these males take the ladies pups do you think they will stop there? I for one don't want to think what they might do if they get a hold of my pup again.
 
Now I'm going to the western wing to see if I can protect her pups. If any of you that want to follow us then you can, if not stay here and live in fear for the rest of your life.”
 
Nasume and Mina had turned to leave the stunned female demonesses in their wake. They walked away proudly with their heads held high as they went to protect their mistress pups. They heard a rustle of clothing as they turned around to see that every single youkai female in the castle had decided to join them in their quest.
 
They both felt proud that they were able to convince the rest of the demonesses to join them in their fight.
 
They moved quietly down the corridors toward the pup's room. They heard the males fighting up ahead as a few of them peaked around the corner of the hallway to see what was going on.
 
They turned back toward the rest of the group as one of them said, “There appears to be at least 20 demons out there and they are fighting the guards. The intruders seem to be winning. Half of us will have to circle around and come in from the other side while the rest of us stay here and follow the intruders to the pup's room.
 
Remember everyone that if you think of those pups as your own, or if you imagine that they have your own pup in their grasp then your true powers will come out to protect them. Remember no one is as fierce as us when it comes to protecting our young.”
 
They all agreed with the plan as they split into two groups. Half of them stayed behind while the rest went around to the other side to approach the intruders.
 
When the intruders finally made it to the room, that held the pups they wanted, they were not expecting to see all the demonesses of the castle standing there before them. They saw the look in their eyes and they had recognized it.
 
It was the look of an enraged mother who was trying to protect her pups. The demonesses of the castle must have seen their intrusion as them going after their pups. The only pups they wanted were the Western Lords as one of them stepped forward and said, “Move aside wenches! We only desire the pups within that room and no other. Once we have what we came for then we will leave. We have no desire to take your pups.”
 
Nasume who was in the group that was standing in front of the intruders stepped forward and said in a menacing voice, “Ah… but the pups in that room belong to us so we will protect them. Now, get out of our castle before we throw you out!”
 
The males took a step back as the aura's on the demonesses flared all at once. They didn't know what to do since they only had half the youkai that they came in here with. The last fight took out half of the youkai's soldiers before they were able to finish off Sesshomaru's guards. They were strong and only by fighting together as a group were they able to defeat them.
 
Now they had to deal with enraged demonesses that were every bit a warrior as they were. They had no choice they were under orders to get those pups at any cost as the youkai that seemed to be in charged motioned for three youkai to take out the females.
 
Nasume understood what was about to happen as she gave a small nodded signaling to everyone to get ready. When the males moved the demonesses were all ready moving as they attacked. It didn't take long before the demonesses proved that they were effective fighters when it came to protecting what was theirs.
 
The intruders were not ready for the fierce attack that came from these females. They had always heard stories that you never mess with a female when she has pups for she is the fiercest warrior to fight. Their pups mean everything to them and they had heard stories of a lone demoness taking on an army of youkai to protect her young and winning.
 
Unfortunately for the intruders they never noticed the female demonesses that were behind them and when the females attacked the intruders were caught in the middle. The demoness showed no mercy when it came to these males. They felt no remorse in killing innocent pups when it came to their orders.
 
Having had enough of these males attitude toward their pups and swearing loyalty to the Lady of the castle had made them band together to fight against the threat. Within minutes the demonesses had won the fight, as the remaining intruders were dead on the floor.
 
They heard the sound of running feet as they all turned toward the new threat that presented itself in the corridors.
 
When the demonesses noticed that it was Lord Inuyasha they all kneeled as Nasume said, “You do not have to worry Lord Inuyasha. The pups are safe and we will protect them from harm. The Lady of the Castle has shown us that every pup deserves to live a happy life and we will protect all of the pups in the castle.”
 
Inuyasha was shocked to see that these females had dealt a killing blow to the intruders without any help. `I promise never to mess with any of them from now on. If they killed these intruders all on their own imagine what they could do to me.'
 
Inuyasha turned as he saw that the barrier in front of the door to the children's room was still in place. He breathed a little bit easier as he turned his attention back to the females in front of him.
 
But before he could speak to them he had to get Miroku away from the females as he heard him say, “Ah lovely ladies, you have done well here today. Would any of you consider barring my children. I would be honored to have such strong females protecting my heir.”
 
Inuyasha was just about in a fit of rage as he stepped forward and hit Miroku on the head, knocking him down to the ground and yelling, “Oii letch! Wait till I tell Sango what you have been doing. You're not going to have anything left to produce an heir when she get through with you!”
 
Miroku paled considerably when he heard Inuyasha's threat. He knew that his lovely Sango would castrate him for going on his lecherous ways. He lowered his head as he gave his sincere apology to the demonesses in front of him and looked at the ground as he waited for Inuyasha to get done.
 
Inuyasha turned his attention back to the females and said, “I will tell my brother of the brave deeds you have all done here today. He will be very pleased to hear that his pups are well protected within the castle. I will leave the care of the pups to you as we go back to the battlefield to inform him.”
 
Inuyasha and Miroku were about to leave when Nasume stood up and asked, “Wait Lord Inuyasha! If it is not out of place to ask, we would like to know how the Lady of the Castle is doing on her test.” All of the demonesses nodded their agreement of wanting to know how things were going for Lady Kagome.
 
Inuyasha turned to them and smiled as he said, “Your Lady has passed the test of knowledge. She has defeated both Kumo and Tususki in battle. When I left she was battling with Kamlyn and he is her toughest opponent, but she was holding her own against him.”
 
Just then they all heard a howling scream coming from the battlefield as they all rushed to the window to see what was going on. There in the near distance they saw a giant black Inu Youkai as a pink light was surrounding his body. They saw it go down and then silence filled the area.
 
Everyone stood there in shock as they saw what happened to the Inu Youkai. Miroku was the first one to snap out of his shock as he said, “I guess Lord Kamlyn has lost the fight against Lady Kagome for she has purified him.”
 
Inuyasha turned to his friend and chuckled as he said, “Yes, I do believe that you are right Miroku. Kagome must have purified his ass for coming after her pups again. Now all we have to worry about is Ryo.
 
I'm sure that he is bound to make an appearance now that Kagome has defeated all of the Lords. She has to be in a weakened state for him to grab her because if she had all of her abilities then he couldn't even touch her. We better get back so we can see what is going on.”
 
They both turned away from the window as they said their goodbyes to the demonesses that were in the hallway. They made sure to emphasize that they were to protect Kagome's pups before they left the castle to go back to the battlefield.
 
Nasume turned as she was making her way toward the children's room as the females that were with her stopped her. “Nasume? Do you think that Lady Kagome is going to be all right? If what Lord Inuyasha was saying is true could she be in more danger?”
 
Nasume furrowed her eyebrows together deep in thought as she turned to the rest of the females and said, “I believe that the danger is great for our Lady but we must remember that our Lord is with her and he will not allow anyone to take his mate.
 
He has been able to protect us in the past when the Western Lands have come under siege and I believe that he would defend his mate more viciously. After all, the other Lords have given their approval for Lady Kagome to be his mate and their mating will make them even stronger than they are right now.
 
I heard Lord Tususki say that they were soul mates so there is no way that they can be separated, not even in death. But I fear that this Ryo is a strong demon for I sense his aura even from here. I just hope that our Lord is strong enough to protect her and we don't wind up losing the both of them in this battle.
 
But we must keep the faith that they will win the fight. Now we all have to get busy and clean this place up. It will not do for our Lord to return to his castle and see it in this state. We must get his bedchambers ready for his mating, I have an idea that would please Lady Kagome.”
 
The demonesses all understood Nasume words as they were all praying to Kami that their Lord was strong enough to protect his new mate. But Nasume was correct in her thinking. They had to get the castle cleaned up before their lord returned with his intended.
 
The females split into several groups as they went about cleaning the castle as Nasume lead a group of them into the Lords chambers. She had an idea of how to make it more intimate for their lord and his mate as they went to work.
 
Nasume had spent countless hours with Kagome and she had told her of her deepest desires for when she finally mated with their lord. Nasume was determined to make this a night they would both remember.
 
~oOo~
 
Sango was nervously pacing inside the pups room. She had heard the sounds of explosions in the near distance and knew that Kagome was fighting against the other lords. She was worried for her sister and she hoped with all her heart that she would defeat the other lords so she can be happy.
 
She knew that Sesshomaru made her happy and Kagome deserved that happiness. For far too long she has given her all to their group never caring about her feelings or what a certain situation would do to her.
 
She was the glue that held them all together and if something ever happened to her she knew that they would all fall apart. She was counting on Sesshomaru to keep her safe during this test that she was taking.
 
Sango stopped her pacing as she felt the strong aura of youkai approaching the children's room. She could faintly hear the sound of battle being waged inside the castle as the guards were trying to protect them.
 
Sango grabbed the children and put them in a corner of the room as she bent down and said in a hushed voice, “I want you two to stay behind me. I don't know if the intruders will be able to get into this room but I promise not to let them take you away from Kagome.”
 
Both Rin and Shippo looked up at Sango with fear in their eyes. They knew that they were after them again because they wanted to control their Otou. They both huddled together behind Sango as they heard what was going on outside the door.
 
Sango took Hiratsu off her back and got ready to attack anyone that entered the room. She stood there with her sword in her hand as she listened to what was going on outside the door.
 
To her surprise she heard Nasume speaking to the intruders. She had demanded that they leave the castle and leave the pups alone. She could almost make out when the males attacked but to her surprise it wasn't the voices of the females that she heard cry out in pain but it was the males.
 
Nasume must have gathered all the females of the castle and they were defending Kagome's children. This in itself surprised her because she didn't think that Kagome would have won the hearts of all the youkai in the castle.
 
But she shouldn't have doubted Kagome's gentle heart for her sister had a way of swaying even the most fearsome youkai to her side. The battle outside that door didn't take that long and to her delight it was the females that were talking outside the door.
 
She heard when Inuyasha and Miroku arrived to see if they could help, then she heard Inuyasha yelling at Miroku for him being perverted again. Her anger grew ten fold, the vain on the side of her temple started to grow as the rage she was feeling filled it. If she didn't have the duty of protecting Shippo and Rin she would give that monk a piece of her mind.
 
Sango quickly turned toward the window of the room when she heard a loud howl coming from the near distance. She rushed to the window to see what was going on when she saw a giant black Inu Youkai engulfed in a pink aura. She knew deep down in her heart that Kagome was the one responsible of purifying that demon, for no one had that kind of power but her.
 
She understood that Kagome might not have had any choice in the matter as she purified him. She knew Kagome well enough that she wouldn't kill unless it was necessary.
 
After a few minutes she sensed another aura in the near distance as she looked in that direction. Fear gripped her heart knowing that this new threat was as powerful or even more powerful than Sesshomaru.
 
Sango had no idea what was going on and she wished that she could be out their right now to help her sister in this battle that was about to happen. She understood enough about Kagome powers to know that she must be feeling drained after using so much of it.
 
Sango turned when she heard Shippo speak to her as she tried to answer his question.
 
“Sango? Is Okaa-san going to be all right? I feel a really strong aura in the field where she is.” Said Shippo as he tried to stay strong for his new sister. He knew that if he started to cry that she would start to cry too so he had to be the brave one for the both of them.
 
“You don't have to worry about Kagome Shippo. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha are there with her and they won't let anyone hurt her. I can feel the aura too and I don't think that you have to worry about anything. Sesshomaru is strong and I know he can defeat this threat.” Said Sango as she eyed the children to see if they believed her reply.
 
To her surprise she saw them smile as they got up and started to play again in the room. She turned her attention toward the battlefield and silently thought, `You better protect her Sesshomaru because if anything happens to Kagome there will be nothing in this world that would stop me from killing you and then going after the offending youkai that dared to hurt my sister.'
 
Sango continued to stare out the window as the castle came back to life and she could hear the servants moving around the area. She knew that something big was about to happen but she couldn't tell what it was.
 
~oOo~
 
Ryo stood by the edge of the forest. He had made his presence known to everyone there. He knew that his presence disturbed all in the field except Sesshomaru as he slowly walked forward and stopped when he heard the growls of the Western Lord.
 
He smirked knowing that this foolish young pup would try to fight him for the girl.
 
He eyed the object of his desire. Sesshomaru held the girl close to his chest as he protected her. He had been watching her fight her battles with the other lords. She has proven herself to be strong and she would bare him strong pups to one-day to take over all of these lands.
 
She was already the ruler of the Southern Lands since she has effectively killed the Lord Kamlyn and his daughter Sora. Under the current rules for these fools she was the current ruler over the lands. These lands would do for a start. But why stop there? All he had to do was defeat Sesshomaru and the Western Lands would be his too.
 
Once he gets her pupped then he can start on his plans to get the rest of the lands. He wouldn't stop until he ruled over everyone, both humans and demons would bow down to his will and the rein of dragons will start.
 
He smirked as he saw everyone in the field move toward the Western Lord and stood behind him. These pitiful lower lords were no match for his power and as for the humans he could squash them with just one blow of his claws.
 
He looked straight into Sesshomaru's eyes as he spat out his demands, “Sesshomaru! You will hand over the girl to me. You are not strong enough to have a mate such as she. She deserves to have a strong mate that can protect her. You are a weakling just like your grandfather was back then. He couldn't kill me and the best he could do was just seal me in the northern mountain until that blasted curse of his was lifted.”
 
Sesshomaru felt the rage build up inside of his form, as his Inu was furious inside of his mind. He was almost to the point of breaking free of his hold in order to attack the fool that stood in front of him. He was not about to give into his taunting as he held his mate even closer to his chest. He had promised her that he wouldn't leave her side once the test was done. He was a youkai of his word and he would not relinquish his hold on her.
 
Sesshomaru heard what Ryo said about his grandfather as his eyes almost turned blood red. `How dare he insult my grandfather when he was the one that was weak in the first place to let my grandfather seal him in the mountains.'
 
At that moment Sesshomaru felt as his brother walked up next to him and stood at his side. He looked at his brother with concern in his eyes as Inuyasha turned toward his brother and said, “The pups are safe. You don't have to worry anymore about the intruders. They have all been killed for going after them.”
 
Sesshomaru noticed that there was more that his brother wanted to tell him but under the current circumstances he didn't push the issue any further. He would get the rest of the information he had for him later. Just knowing that his pups were all right was enough right now as he turned his attention back to the enemy at hand.
 
“You say that my grandfather was weak, that the only thing he could do was to seal you in the mountain in the northern lands. But doesn't that mean that you were weak yourself for not being able to defeat him? For if you were that powerful then you could have killed him and I wouldn't be standing here in front of you. “ Sesshomaru smirked when he got done. He knew that he hit a sore spot with this demon.
 
Ryo raged at the impertinence of the pup standing in front of him. He knew nothing about what happened back then and it was by trickery that he had sealed him into the mountain in the first place not by defeating him. “SILENCE!!!! You have no understanding what happened back then. He was not an honorable youkai, he had to use trickery to seal me into the mountain rather than defeat me in battle.”
Sesshomaru still kept his cold stoic mask on his face as he continued. “If you say that my grandfather used trickery to seal you into the mountain then what excuse do you offer for your heir having met the same fate as you. My father sealed him to a mountain centuries ago and he couldn't defeat my father in battle. He was a weakling just like his father.”
 
Sesshomaru saw the rage that was taking over the fool in front of him as he continued his taunting. “Then when he was finally released from his seal he couldn't even defeat my brother who is a hanyou. He was a pathetic excuse for a demon if a mire hanyou can defeat him.
 
But the fact still remains that if my brother did defeat your heir because of the blood running through his veins, then it stands to reason that it would be easy for me to defeat you because I have the pure blood of both my father and my grandfather.
 
As for this female, she will stay with me and become my mate. You have no right to her for it is you who cannot protect her from other strong youkai.”
 
Inuyasha was standing by his brother's side as he listened to him speak. He was getting angrier by the minute as he was talking about him and how he defeated Ryuukotsusei.
 
As he thought about what his brother was saying he came to the conclusion that he was praising him for defeating such a strong youkai and having such strong blood running through his veins. He had never in his life heard his brother speak so highly of him and he actually felt proud for the first time in his life. He was brought out of his musing when a loud roar ripped through the area.
 
A mighty roar was given by the demon standing in front of them as he shook the area with his cry. Then out of the forest came his soldiers, as they stood behind him ready to do battle.
 
Upon seeing the enemy soldiers come out of the forest Sesshomaru's soldiers, seeing the threat to their lord, quickly moved in and formed a protective barrier in front of him and his mate. They left a small opening so he could still eye his opponent as they prepared for battle.
 
Ryo temper was going through the roof as he eyed Sesshomaru with deep hatred. “Why you insolate whelp! You will pay for your words and your brother will pay for killing my son. He must have used trickery to defeat him just like all the members of your family. For no half breed could ever have the power to defeat an offspring of mine!”
 
At this Inuyasha could no longer stay quite as he yelled, “I didn't use any trickery to defeat him. I only used the sword that was given to me by my father. Your son was just cocky and thought that he could defeat me but he underestimated the power that I hold. You, just like your own son, underestimate the power that my brother and I hold because we wish not to let you see our full potential. But I will guarantee you one thing, try taking away my brothers mate, my pack sister, and I will not hesitate to kill you too!”
 
Ryo raised an elegant eyebrow as he looked at the youkai standing next to Sesshomaru. When he lifted up his head so they could stare at each other he saw his markings upon his face.
 
With him standing so close next to his brother he noticed the resemblance in their features as he said, “So you're here as well half breed. Well good! You saved me the trouble of hunting you down for what you did to my son. I will have my revenge against the both of you for the years of suffering I had to endure. Now hand over the girl!”
 
“NEVER!!!” shouted Sesshomaru as he leaped into the air. At that moment Ryo had released a blast of his youkai and sent it straight toward Sesshomaru. Ryo didn't care that he was still holding on to Kagome. His rage was such that he wasn't thinking about why he was there in the first place.
 
At that moment Kagome opened her eyes to see what was going on. When she looked at her hand she noticed that there was blood on them. Her mate was bleeding from a wound on his shoulder as she placed her hand over the wound and concentrated.
 
She quickly healed his wound as he landed safely back down to the ground, with her still firmly held against his chest.
 
Sesshomaru looked down and was grateful to his mate for healing his wound so quickly. He leaned down and whispered into her ear. “Kagome, I know that I promised not to let you go but I must put you down so I can fight against this threat. If I don't we could lose the Western Lands to him.”
 
Kagome understood as she agreed and he let her stand under her own power. She wavered just a bit as he called to his brother.
 
Inuyasha rushed over to his brother as he heard him say, “I want you to protect Kagome while I go and deal with this fool. I will not allow him to take Kagome, the Western, or the Southern Lands away from us.”
 
Inuyasha was confused as he looked at his brother and said, “The Southern Lands? Why would he take that away from us? We don't have a hold on those lands.”
 
Sesshomaru smirked as he replied, “Kagome is the new Lady of the Southern Lands. She killed Kamlyn and his heir so that makes her the new lady. When we mate we will have control of the Southern Lands as well.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes grew big, as he understood what his brother was saying. He would protect Kagome with his life and make sure that she stayed safe.
 
Before Sesshomaru walked away from Kagome he leaned down and gave her a kiss. When they finally pulled apart he whispered in her ear, “I love you Kagome, I will always love you even in death.”
 
His statement sent a shiver down her spine as he walked away from her. He was going out to protect her and she prayed that he would remain safe.
 
Once he walked away from her she saw as the soldiers formed a wall around her and Inuyasha protecting them from any threat. She couldn't see what was going on as she leaned on Inuyasha for support. She was still weak from her ordeal and she needed to rest some more before she would be able to fight in this battle.
 
Sesshomaru walked in between the two opposing forces as he addressed this opponent. “Ryo! This fight is between you and me. We will settle this once and for all on who is the strongest youkai to protect the girl.”
 
Ryo smirked as he said, “No Sesshomaru this fight has now escalated to a higher level as I'm about to take away your lands and claim your intended as my own. Once this fight is over with we will all know who it the ruler over the Western and Southern Lands.”
 
Sesshomaru's anger flare as his eyes started to bleed red. Ryo had finally stated his true intensions. He wanted his fathers lands and he must fight to keep it and his future mate safe. Everyone on his lands depended on him as he reached around and pulled Tokijin from its sheath, coming to life in his hand. His youkai powers were feeding the sword, as he stood tall in the face of battle.
 
Ryo seeing the foolish pup just stand there he ordered his attack. His army came out of the forest as they attacked the Western Lands. Sesshomaru's soldiers stood firm as they waited for the enemy.
 
Sesshomaru prided himself in his army for he only had the strongest soldiers. They were very well trained and they were ruthless when they fought. He never needed a great number of them for one youkai would equal three of the opposing forces. But as the enemy continued to pour out of the forest he noticed that they were outnumbered 5 to 1.
 
Ryo did not hesitate to bring in all of his army to fight him. He knew that this was the only way that he was going to defeat Sesshomaru for his lands.
 
The first wave of the enemy hit the front lines of Sesshomaru's army as the battle began. It was an all out war as the soldiers fought on the battlefield.
 
Sesshomaru was in the thick of battle as he fought along side his soldiers. He didn't need any of his special attacks to deal with the insurgents. His strength was good enough as his inner youkai rejoiced at having the enemy's blood on his claws. The more Sesshomaru fought the more blood that his inner inu craved as the battle raged on.
 
Inuyasha put Kagome down on the ground behind him as he stood in front of her protecting her from the threat. The moment he placed Kagome on the ground her sword formed a protective barrier around her small form. Inuyasha knew that she would be safe if some of the enemy got through his defenses.
 
Ryo had his own plans for when he attacked as he sent a large group of his youkai army to get the girl. His soldiers meet with resistance as the youkai that were standing in front of the girl were protecting her viciously. None of his soldiers were able to get through their defenses to get near her. They continued fighting as the battle raged on.
 
Kagome was on the ground as she was trying to get her powers back from the battle that she was in earlier. She was slowly recovering from her ordeal as she was kneeling on the ground taking in deep breaths to calm herself. She needed to think about what was going on and she needed a plan.
 
She looked up to see Inuyasha standing in front of her. She turned as her eyes opened wide and looked around to see who was protecting her. She was expecting to see only Sesshomaru's soldiers protecting her but to her surprise she saw Tususki, Kumo and all of the minor lords from the area circled around her. They had taken it upon themselves to be her protector while her mate was fighting in the battle.
 
Kagome at that moment felt that more youkai were approaching the battlefield. Her heart almost stopped thinking that Ryo was bringing in reinforcements to defeat them. To her surprise the other minor lords were giving orders to the new youkai that appeared in the battle as they all attacked without mercy.
 
Kagome heard as Tususki asked, “Where did all of these other youkai come from? Sesshomaru's army is here fighting in this battle. I didn't think he had anymore soldiers.”
 
One of the minor lords turned to him and said, “They are not part of Sesshomaru's army. These youkai belong to all of the minor lords of the Western Lands. We knew that if Lord Sesshomaru took on a mate that she would be a powerful one. Once she was declared worthy to be his mate there was the possibility that someone would attack the Western Lands to take her.
 
We all have heard the wonderful stories of his mate to be and we could not allow someone as pure as her to be taken away from our lord. He has protected these lands from threats in the past and has helped all of us in some form. We are in his debt and therefore we brought our armies with us to protect the Western Lands.
 
They have been waiting in the distance in case they would be needed. When Ryo showed up and then attacked our spies sent word back to them and they came as soon as possible.”
 
Tususki was shocked to hear this as he continued to battle along side the minor lords to protect Kagome.
 
Kagome was overwhelmed to hear that the youkai would come together to protect the Western Lands. She was even more in shock to hear that they would not let any harm come to her. This deeply touched her heart as she had earned the respect of the youkai on the lands.
 
The battle continued to rage on and at one point the enemy surged toward where Kagome was being protected in an attempt to take her captive. When it looked like the force of the enemy might break through their defenses another army showed up to protect Kagome.
 
This army was a human one as the humans band together to fight the threat against the Western Lands and their lady. The humans surged forward as they reinforced the defense around Kagome to keep her safe.
 
She heard as one of the human soldiers say, “We have come to offer our services in protecting the Western Lands and Lady Kagome. We are honor bound to protect her as she has protected our young.”
 
Kagome heard Inuyasha say that they were all welcome into the battle as youkai and humans banded together for the first time, in history, to fight against the threat to their lands.
 
Ryo observed the way the battle was going. He noticed that there were even more soldiers out on the field than when they started. He did have a very sizable force with him, out numbering Sesshomaru's army by 5 to 1. But now it seemed about even and he was losing ground.
 
He saw the object of his desire as they were protecting her from being taken. This did not sit well with him for the more she rested she would regain her powers back again. He needed her to be weak so he could capture her. He knew that with her powers he would never be able to touch her.
 
He gave an almighty roar as his army surged forward in an attempt to take the girl again. He saw out of the corner of his eye as Sesshomaru made his way toward him. It was time to face the Lord of the West himself and defeat him for his lands.
 
Sesshomaru had been battling in the field trying to get to Ryo. It was time that he faced him in battle to see who was the stronger youkai to protect Kagome.
 
They stood on the field facing each other as they each sized up their opponent. Ryo being the impatient demon that he was attacked first and the fight was on.
 
Ryo rushed in with his sword blazing in a red aura. It held tremendous power as he went after Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru saw him coming and never moved from his spot. He waited until he was close and then leaped out of the way. Ryo quickly turned as he went after Sesshomaru again as he sent a blast of fire from his sword toward his enemy.
 
Sesshomaru was hard pressed to avoid the attack but he did. His sword held a lot of power in it and he had to think about how to defeat him. They finally met as the swords clashed in a hailstorm of blinding light. Sesshomaru held on to his sword, as he wouldn't back down from this fool.
 
The power that was coming out of Tokijin was great as it fought against the power of Ryo's sword. They finally pushed away from each other as they circled each other, trying to figure out their next move.
 
They continued attacking each other with blinding speed. Ryo was unable to hurt Sesshomaru unlike his opponent. Sesshomaru had managed to land a couple of good hits and Ryo was now bleeding from his chest, arm, and leg.
 
He could feel Sesshomaru's poison trying to seep into his blood to try to take him down. Ryo just smirked as he allowed his aura to flare and it took care of the poison in his body. He would not be taken down so easily, he was a youkai of great powers and it was about time that this pup saw his true strength. He was getting tired of playing with him.
 
Ryo stood tall as he transformed into his true form. He was a giant dragon with great powers. He roared into the sky as he told all of his forces to fall back. It was about time that he ended this fight.
 
He looked at Sesshomaru with his red eyes as he sent a powerful blast towards him. Sesshomaru used his speed to avoid the attack as he brought Tokijin high over his head and sent a powerful blast back at Ryo.
 
To his surprise the attack had no affect on the youkai. It only served to anger him some more as they continued to battle.
 
Sesshomaru was growing tired from the battle and at one point Ryo attack connected and he was sent crashing toward the ground. It took a minute for him to recover and when he looked up he saw as Ryo send a powerful blast toward his mate. He couldn't get up fast enough to reach her as the area she was in was engulfed in the attack he sent her way.
 
A deep pain hit Sesshomaru in his heart at the thought of losing his Kagome. He waited with bated breath until the smoke cleared.
 
~oOo~
 
Everyone around Kagome was still fighting. They were still protecting her when she heard the loud roar over the area. She looked up in time to see that Ryo had turned into his true demon form. He radiated a powerful aura around his body the like of which she had never seen before in an opponent.
 
She watched as her mate battled with him in his true form and noticed that Ryo was more powerful than Sesshomaru. She saw as he was hit and fell to the ground not moving. Her gaze turned in time to see the attack coming her way and she knew that she had to do something.
 
She concentrated on her powers. She gathered what she had recovered from her previous battle with Kamlyn as she found the strength she needed deep inside her. Her desire to protect all those around her gave her the power that she needed. She called it forth as she put a barrier around everyone that was protecting her as the attacked hit.
 
Ryo attack was powerful and she had to fight to protect everyone around her. Her barrier wavered just a bit, slightly given in to the power of the blast. But her barrier held on to protect the soldiers who would give their lives to protect her. It took a great deal of her powers to fight off the attack leaving her weaker than before.
 
Once it was over Kagome's rage took over. It was about time that she ended this battle to see who would get her for a mate, when all she wanted was to be Sesshomaru's mate.
 
She stood as she face her enemy with blood red eyes. She pulled Kenjikago out of its sheath and started to make her way toward their enemy. Her aura was slowly growing more in power with each step she took. Her hair was starting to be pulled upward into the wind that was surrounding her body.
 
She called out to all those who had been protecting her as she said, “Do not interfere with what is about to happen. Stay out of harms way for I will not be responsible if you get hurt.”
 
Everyone heard her words as they made a path for her to walk. They were not about to stop her, not with the power that was building up at the moment. The only one brave enough to follow her was Inuyasha as he walked behind her to protect her. Everyone else backed off because they knew the fight was about to go up a notch.
 
Sesshomaru was relieved to see that his mate was not hurt from the attack and noticed the amount of power that she was giving off in her aura. It was getting stronger but he knew that she was not strong enough yet to defeat Ryo.
 
~oOo~
 
To Ryo amazement he saw the powerful barrier that the human had put up to stop his attack. He knew that there was nothing powerful enough to stop his attack. He held incredible strength and that there was no creature in this land to stand against him.
 
His eyes opened wide when he saw that his attack had done nothing to the fools that were protecting the girl. Her barrier was strong enough to protect them all as he saw her stand and started to walk toward him.
 
He was shocked, `I never knew that she had this kind of power. It's almost enough to rival my own.'
 
He noticed as the girl and the half-breed came to a stop in front of him. They were going to fight together to defeat him. He started to laugh as he said, “You pathetic weaklings. Do you think that you can defeat me? I'm a dragon youkai and a powerful one. There is no one stronger than I.”
 
Kagome looked up at the demon in front of her as she said, “You maybe strong but you can be defeated. I'm a pure heart miko and protector of the Shikon No Tama. I will choose whom I will mate because for me to bare a pup for my chosen mate I would have to give my heart, mind, body, and soul willingly to him. You can never have any of these.
 
My heart and soul belongs to Sesshomaru. My mind and body will be joined with him soon. You will never come in between me and my mate again.”
 
At that moment Kagome's aura grew stronger, as she held her sword in front of her ready to attack Ryo. She was not up to her full power and she hoped that this would work to get rid of this dragon.
 
Ryo saw the power spike as he let his rage take over. He gathered his energy as he sent it forth to destroy the miko and the half-breed. If he couldn't have the girl well neither will Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha seeing the attack coming jumped in front of Kagome as he unleashed Tetsusaiga ultimate attack. He was hoping that this attack would defeat Ryo as it had defeated his son as he yelled, “BACKLASH WAVE!!!!”
 
His attack cut right through Ryo powerful blast the tornados were turning quickly as his attack was sent back to his opponent. It made contact with Ryo but instead of it shredding him to pieces as it had done with his son, Ryo had absorbed the attack into his body.
 
Everyone in the clearing looked on in shock as they observed what had happened. This attack had done no damage to Ryo and this was not good.
 
Kagome's eyes grew wide when she saw Inuyasha's attack fail. She had no choice she had to try and stop him before anything else happened. She was brought out of her mussing when she heard Inuyasha growl in pain as she looked up to see what was going on.
 
Ryo started to laugh as he absorbed the attack of the puny half-breed. They had no understanding of the power that he held. He stood tall as he turned to the half-breed and sent a blast of his youkai to the pest standing in front of his objective.
 
Inuyasha saw the attacking coming but couldn't get out of the way fast enough. He was hit full force as he was sent across the clearing. He hit hard against a tree as he fell to the ground almost unconscious from the blow.
 
Kagome's rage took over as she saw what Ryo did to Inuyasha. She took Kenjikago and swung it down as she released her purifying attack. She fell to her knees feeling weak from releasing so much power, as she watched the attack go to Ryo.
 
Ryo noticed too late the attack coming his way. He was enjoying himself too much to think that anyone would attack him as he saw the half-breed get hit with his attack.
 
His eyes grew big when he felt the force of the miko's attack. Pain was rapidly spreading throughout his body as it was trying to purify him from the inside out. He roared out his frustrations as he fought against the attack. After a few minutes he had managed to stop the effect but he was left weak as he stared daggers at the miko.
 
At this point he didn't care, anyone that would attack him was going to die. He sent a powerful blast toward the weakened human as he watched with satisfaction as it hit.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had been watching what was going on in the clearing. He saw as his brother and mate battled against Ryo. When his mate went down he knew that she was weakened by her attack. He struggled to get to his feet, as he was moving towards her fallen body.
 
When he saw Ryo attack her he knew that she would not survive his attack. He rushed forward with more strength that he knew he didn't possess as he reached his mate mire seconds before Ryo's attack hit.
 
When the smoke cleared Ryo was pleased to see that the girl had definitely perished in his attack. Then he looked up and his eyes widen with disbelief. Sesshomaru was floating in the sky with the girl in his arms. He was holding her close to his chest as they eyed each other.
 
Sesshomaru held Kagome unconscious form tightly against his chest. She was still alive but very weak at the moment. She had given her all to protect everyone in the field and now he would deal with the threat to his lands and his mate.
 
Sesshomaru was pissed beyond control. His anger was so great as his eyes started to bleed red. Then they turned to a pure demonic white as the power he had deep inside him took over. His inner inu came forth with such power that he did not need to transform into his true form.
 
He looked straight at his enemy as he said, “Ryo, how dare you attack my mate. You have made your final mistake. No one will touch what is mine and live. I'm the protector to these lands and my mate. You will pay with your life.”
 
The blue crescent moon on Sesshomaru's forehead started to glow as it turned from blue to a golden color. The aura surrounding Sesshomaru turned from his demonic green to a golden one as his powers were brought forth.
 
It looked like Sesshomaru had turned into the sun itself as the light that he was given off grew in portion to his attack. Then a powerful beam shot forth from his crescent moon as it went straight to Ryo.
 
Ryo saw the attack coming and was prepared he set up his barrier as he started to get his next attack ready. He was feeling weak from the miko's attack but he was still strong enough to defeat this insolent little whelp.
 
Sesshomaru's attack hit full force as it made contact with Ryo barrier. The powers fought against each other as Sesshomaru's attack increased in power. It broke through Ryo's barrier as it made contact with the ancient youkai.
 
Ryo may have been powerful but the combined attacks of the miko's and now his had weakened him as he felt the full impact of Sesshomaru's power. It hit his chest full force as it started to rip through his body. He screamed in pain as his body finally disappeared from the battlefield never to be seen again.
 
Sesshomaru slowly descended to the ground, having felt that the enemy was destroyed he slowly came back down. He wavered as he fell to his knees with his mate in his arms panting.
 
Everyone in the area rejoiced as Ryo was finally defeated and his army was captured with ease. The Lords and Lower Lords approached Sesshomaru and his mate only to stop short when his growls became threatening.
 
Tususki stepped forward as he said, “Sesshomaru you have defeated a great enemy that would have taken over all of our lands. We are in your and your mate's debt. The battle is over and now we may return to the castle to get some much needed rest. Allow us to escort you back home.”
 
Sesshomaru's mind was still very much under the control of his inner youkai. He was not about to let go of his mate for anyone. He waited until he had recovered his strength before he stood, with his mate in his arms, and started to walk back toward the castle.
 
Everyone kept their distance from the Lord of the Western Lands. They understood that he was very much under the influence of his inner inu and they would not provoke him. They walked behind him at a distance providing him with guards as they went back to the castle.
 
In Sesshomaru's foggy mind he understood that tonight he must mate Kagome if they even had a chance to bond for the rest of eternity. He would be looking forward to this as he slowly walked with an honor guard in the front leading the way back to his castle.
 
They had lost some of their soldiers to the battle today but it was not as bad as it could have been. They all knew now that the Lord of the Western Lands was a very powerful Taiyoukai, and not one to be messed with.
 
On this day they had seen the impossible happen. Humans and demons fought side by side to defeat the threat that threatened their lands and the Lady of the West. For she was the one reason why they had all put aside all of there differences and fought as one. Without her they knew that the peace that the land felt at this moment would not be possible.
 
So it was with great pride that they escorted the Lord and Lady of the West back to their castle to make sure that they were protected. For no one wanted to see any harm come to them.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Ryo was finally defeated as Kagome, Sesshomaru, and Inuyasha united to bring him down. Their attacks proved to weaken Ryo but it was Sesshomaru's desire to protect his mate that brought forth his powers. Kagome, in her own way of showing that she cared for all living things, united the demons and humans to fight together for a common cause.
 
All right you hentai out there the next chapter will be the mating of Sesshomaru and Kagome. I know that you all have been waiting for this chapter for a long time but don't worry, your long wait is finally over.
 
After the mating it will take one more chapter to finish off this story and that's it. It's been a wild ride for me and you all have been great. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your reviews. This story has been one of the most challenging to write and one of my most successful.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!