InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ chapter 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 31
 
Sesshomaru slowly opened his eyes as they came into focus. The sun was set high in the sky as he noticed the time of day. He was wondering why he had slept so long. He had never in his life slept until well past sunrise.
 
He felt something warm underneath him as he lifted his head to see what it was. To his surprise he saw Kagome under him as he had her pinned to the bed.
 
Memories of what happened the night before started to come back to him as he gently purred his delight. He had finally mated with her and they were joined in a true-life bond. He would have her for the rest of his life and even in death, never to be separated again.
 
The first thing he noticed was that his mate's hair was even longer than before. It felt really silky to the touch. He found his mating mark as he started to lick it so he could wake his mate.
 
He noticed that she wasn't waking up as he moved her hair away from her face so he could look at her. When he moved her hair behind her ear his eyes opened wide. Her ears were pointed just like his.
 
He swallowed hard as he got off his mate and rolled her over. He wanted to see what other changes had happened. He saw small fangs coming out of her mouth. She held the symbol of the Western Lands on her forehead along with her marking as a miko. Her delicate hands, which once held human fingernails, now had claws. He knew he would have to teach her how to use them to her advantage.
 
Her body was curvier and it filled out some more in all the right places. He could have sworn that she grew a few inches since yesterday. He took in her scent for the first time and noticed that it had changed slightly. She stilled smelled of sandalwood and honey but it was stronger, spicier the scent of a full youkai.
 
He sat up in bed as he brought her into his arms and cradled her. He rocked her gently as his fingers were tenderly caressing her cheeks. She was not waking up from their mating and he was getting worried. He leaned down to her ear as he said, “Wake up my love.”
 
His lips then moved across her jaw as he sought out her sweet lips. He kissed her with such passion and desire that he never noticed what was happening. His aura flared as it encircled her body giving her strength.
 
Kagome slowly started to wake. She felt soft lips on hers as she started to respond to his demands. She moaned softly as she opened her eyes. She was extremely tired as her eyes focused on the person with the soft lips.
 
She brought her arms up as she wrapped them around his neck to deepen his kiss as she enjoyed having his tongue in her mouth.
 
When they finally broke from the kiss they were both panting. Sesshomaru lowered his head until he nuzzled her neck taking in her wonderful scent. It relaxed him as he wrapped his arms around her body just holding her close to his heart.
 
After a few minutes Sesshomaru looked up, he noticed for the first time the color of her eyes. They were still blue but they had a hint of gold around the pupil, giving her a look that her eyes were the sun in a clear blue sky. `She looks so beautiful. I never dreamed that this would happen to her upon our mating.' He thought as he gazed into her eyes.
 
He finally broke the silence between them as he asked, “Kagome, are you all right?”
 
Kagome smiled weakly at him as she said, “Yes, I'm fine but I'm very tired.”
 
Sesshomaru knew that he had to get his mate up and moving so she wouldn't be stiff. He wanted to take her down to the hot springs so they could both soak for a while and relax. He placed her back on the bed as he got up and got his robe. He grabbed a robe for Kagome as he wrapped her in it.
 
He picked her up in his arms as she snuggled into his chest for comfort and warmth. He then slowly made his way toward the door. When he opened it, to his surprise, he found Nasume there waiting for him to come out.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume knew that her Lord and Lady would be up very soon. She could sense their auras getting stronger. The bathing chambers have been prepared for them so they can recover from their mating. This was the final step to the mating ritual, to recover their strength as to not to appear weak in anyone's eyes.
 
She heard a noise in the room and got herself ready. She didn't know how Lord Sesshomaru would react to her presence. She waited until the door opened as she bowed deeply to him. “My Lord, if you will follow me we have prepared the bathing chambers for your recovery from the mating.”
 
Sesshomaru was not expecting to see any of his servants outside his door. He remembered when he had gotten back to his castle and his servants had met him at the entrance. They had managed to subdue him and take his mate from him. He was determined for that not to happen again.
 
He growled low in his throat as he heard her request. As long as they didn't try to take his mate from him he would follow her but with his senses on full alert. “Proceed.”
 
Nasume lead the way to the bathing chambers. They had spent all morning getting it ready for him and his mate. The water was already treated and waiting for them. She stepped forward and opened the doors for him as she saw him walking in with Kagome in his arms. Once her Lord was inside the room she gently closed the door behind him, leaving him with his mate in privacy.
 
Sesshomaru scanned the area and it was devoid of life. He wanted to be alone with his mate. He walked to the wash area as he placed Kagome down on the bench. He took off his robe as he turned his attention to his mate. He removed hers as well as he picked her up and went into the warm water.
 
Once he was deep enough he relaxed with Kagome in his arms. They both sighed as they relaxed and let the warm water relax their muscles. After a while they both felt themselves returning to normal as Kagome started to stir in his arms.
 
Kagome felt her strength returning as the scent of the water and its warmth brought back her energy. She looked up to see the concerned look in her mate's eyes as she smiled sweetly at him. He held her tighter as he said, “How to you feel now?”
 
“I feel better. I felt really weak before but now it seems I have recovered from last night.” Kagome said with a smile on her face. Her eyes reflected the love that she held for him as she cuddled closer to his chest.
 
After a while they both stood and left the hot springs feeling a lot better than they did when they both arrived. Sesshomaru knew that Kagome needed to eat to get stronger as they made their way back to their room.
 
They got dressed and then the new Lord and Lady came down to the castle proper. All of the servants were there to greet them as they all kneeled showing their respect for their lord and lady. The command was given for all of them to rise as they walked into the dinning hall.
 
The noon meal was being served as everyone took their seats. Once they were all seated the servants came out with the food and placed it in front of everyone. They waited for Sesshomaru to start the meal as he picked up his tea and drank it signaling to begin.
 
Almost no one noticed Kagome's chances until Shippo looked up at his mother and said, “Okaa-san, you have fangs.” Shock was evident in his voice as he stared at his mother.
 
Kagome stopped eating as she ran her tongue over her teeth. To her surprise she did have fangs. She looked at her hands and noticed that she had claws. Her heart was beginning to race as she slipped her hand under her hair and moved it to her ears. What she felt made her breath hitch as she felt her pointed ears.
 
`How could I have missed that I changed into a demon? When I looked in the mirror this morning I didn't see any real changes. The only thing that was different was that I had the royal markings of the Western Lands.
 
How could this have happened? Is this a result of our mating last night? Is Sesshomaru disgusted with the way I look? Oh kami what am I going to do now?' Kagome was frantically trying to think. She was almost overwhelmed by her emotions.
 
Sesshomaru smelt the fear coming from his mate as she noticed for the first time her changes. He could see the panic in her eyes as he leaned over to her and said in her ear, “Koiishi, you look gorgeous, I never dreamed that you could look even more beautiful than you did before.”
 
Kagome blushed a furious red as she looked into his golden eyes. She saw the love that he held for her as she noticed the mark on his forehead. He had her tear drop on his forehead but instead of it being blue like hers it was a golden color.
 
She smiled as she turned her attention to Shippo and said, “Yes Shippo I know I have fangs. I changed a little since last night but I'm still me.”
 
To her delight the kids got out of their chairs as they ran to her and held her in a fierce embrace. They missed their mother and they wanted her to know that they didn't care what she looked like she was still their mother.
 
Kagome smiled weakly at them and told them to sit down and finish their food. Both children complied as they quickly sat down and continued to eat.
 
Inuyasha watched the whole interaction between Kagome and the children. He had to admit to himself that she really looked gorgeous.
 
Once the meal was complete the kids went out to play while the adults went into the grand audience chamber. The Lords from the North and East and the lower Lords were there to greet them.
 
When Kagome and Sesshomaru entered the room the herald announced their arrival as they all kneed before them.
 
Sesshomaru led Kagome up to the dais as he sat down in the chair that was provided for him and one for his mate. Once they were seated everyone rose to their feet. Sesshomaru rose from his chair as he spoke to the gathered Lords. “Lord Tususki, Lord Kumo and the rest of the Lords of the Western Lands. I would like to introduce Lady Kagome, Lady of the Western Lands.”
 
Kagome rose from her chair as she stepped forward and stood by her mate. The room erupted in a loud applause as they greeted the new Lady of the West. Once the noise had died down Kagome leaned over to her mate and whispered in his ear. “My Lord I would like to address the Lords of the North and East.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded giving her his approval to proceed, as Kagome turned to the Lords in question. “My Lords, yesterday you all approved me to be Lord Sesshomaru's mate. I believe that within the law it states that I am to receive a gift from each of you if I were to defeat you in the strength test.”
 
Tususki and Kumo's eyes grew big when she said this. It was written that if a mate of one of the Lords could defeat them in battle she may ask for anything as a reward from them. Tususki turned to Kagome as he said, “You are correct my lady, state your reward.”
 
Kagome took a deep breath. She knew that in her time there were hardly any trees left. She wanted people to enjoy them. She always loved being in the forest because it made her feel at peace. She had given this a lot of thought as she came up with her request.
 
“My Lords, I want from each of you 1000 acres of your land. You may choose the land that you will give me. I will give you six months to decide what part of our lands you will give me as my mating gift.
 
I will come and visit to look over the land that you have chosen and then place a barrier to protect it. This land is to remain pure. No homes will be built on these lands. The barrier that I will place around the land will prevent anyone from entering the land and claiming it for themselves. I want to keep the land preserved for as long as I live.” Kagome watched the reaction to the Lords standing in front of her. She was within her right to request this from them.
 
Tususki looked at Kagome with wide eyes. He had no idea why she wanted just land when she could have had anything her hearts desired. His eyes softened as he said, “My Lady are you sure that's all you want just the Land? You could have anything you want from our lands.”
 
Kagome smiled, as she said, “No my Lord, all I want is the land that you chose to give me, nothing more.”
 
Tususki thought for a few minutes as he turned to her and said, “Very well My Lady you will have your land.” He knew exactly what piece of land he was going to give her.
 
Kumo on the other hand was not about to give up any part of his lands to the bitch in front of him. “What makes you think that I will give you any part of my lands? I have never read this part of the law.”
 
Kagome's anger started to grow, she never really liked this lord since he made the comment that he was going to use her as a concubine. “I did not make up the law. It is your law that I follow not my own. It clearly states that if I was to defeat you in the strength test that I could request anything of the Lords of the Lands.
 
I give you permission to choose the land that you want to give me and not take it from you as it is so decreed. Apparently the Lords who created this law never intended for a female to defeat them in battle. But if I remember correctly I did defeat you in battle and you were almost minus a set of jewels if my mate had not interfered with what I wanted to do for your insults.”
 
At that point Kagome's aura flare and her anger grew. She hated Kumo and if he continued to push her she will make an example of him to the rest of the Lords present.
 
Sesshomaru noticed the confrontation between his mate and Kumo. His angered flared as he stepped forward and stood by his mate. His eyes turned red as he addressed the young pup of the east. “How dare you insult my mate yet again!!! I saved you once because I didn't want my mate to bare the weight of what she could have done to you. But you have gone to far this time. The law clearly states that she is within her rights to ask for this from the current lords of the lands. If you refuse I shall deal with you myself.”
 
Tususki was standing there observing what was going on. He was trying to get out of giving Kagome what was rightful hers. His anger was steadily growing with Kumo as he made a total idiot out of himself.
 
The insolent pup never knew when to shut up as he said, “KUMO! She speaks the truth. This law does exist and you will bow to her wishes for if you refuse her request then you will forfeit your lands to her.”
 
Kumo couldn't believe what he was hearing. `I'll forfeit my lands to this bitch if I refuse to give her the land she wants. I have no choice in the matter, but she will receive the worst part of my lands. The lands that no one wants to live on because it will not support life.' “Very well I agree to your request as well.”
 
Kagome's anger reseeded as she heard his comment. She didn't trust him because of the smile that appeared on his face but she had a plan for him. She will make him regret the decision he was about to make.
 
“Good in six months time I will come to your lands to received the land that I have requested.” Said Kagome as she stepped back to stand just slightly behind her mate.
 
Once the formal introduction of Kagome was made their guest left the castle. Everyone was returning back to their lands and their responsibilities.
 
When all of the Lords had left the castle Sesshomaru turned to his mate and said, “Kagome, I must speak with you.” He had his stoic features still on his face and she couldn't determine what was wrong or if he was angry with her for requesting what was rightfully hers.
 
He led the way up to his study as Kagome followed him. He went and sat in the chair in behind his desk as he turned to her. He was quiet for a moment as he gathered his thoughts but before he could speak with his mate he heard her say in a small voice, “Sesshomaru? Are you mad at me?”
 
This question threw his mind in a whirlwind as he looked at her. “Why would I be mad at you?” He asked in a confused voice.
 
“Because I asked the other lords for land in their kingdom. I know I should have talked to you before I did that and gotten your approval but this was something that they owed me for putting me through that challenge. I'm sorry if I have offended you.” Kagome had her head down as she spoke she knew she had been wrong for not talking to him first.
 
Sesshomaru couldn't stand to see his mate like this as he stood and went over to her. He held her in his arms as he said, “No Kagome I'm not mad at you. It was within your right to ask for anything from their lands. I know that you have your reasons for requesting land from them and I will stand by your decision.”
 
He purred as his chest vibrated and his Inner Inu calmed their mate. She relaxed in his arms as he gently stroked her lovely hair.
 
Once she was calm again he pulled her away from his chest as he said, “Kagome, you are now the Lady of the Southern Lands. Because we have both mated that land is now part of my kingdom.
 
We must make a trip there so you can take control and place it under my protection. If we don't go then whatever minor lord is there could take over that territory and it could mean trouble for us later.
 
We have to place someone that we can trust to act as a go between while we live here. The sooner we get this done the sooner we can ensure the peace for all that live there.
 
I know for a fact that Kamlyn was a ruthless lord who never cared about his people so many would welcome the change but we will have to make example of the ones that refuse to comply with my laws.
 
It's not going to be easy and they will test you to see if you were the one that defeated their lord. Kamlyn's general was here when he was defeated and when you defeated his daughter. I'm sure that by now he is approaching the Southern Lands trying to grab as much as possible before we come to claim the lands.”
 
Kagome understood what Sesshomaru was saying. She knew that they had to settle the issue of the Southern Lands so that the people there could live in peace and know who is their protector. But she had issues. She didn't want to take Shippo or Rin with them in case of trouble but she didn't know who would take care of them while they were gone.
 
“We can't take Shippo or Rin with us. There will be danger and I don't want them to get hurt. I'm sure that Inuyasha is going to come with us because he won't be left behind. I know that Sango and Miroku are strong but it's too much for them to handle on their own.” She said with worry in her voice.
 
Sesshomaru looked at his mate and said, “Yes, Inuyasha will come with us because one he will not leave you unprotected and two his pledge to me. We can leave the children here.
 
Inuyasha has informed me that the females of the castle have taken it upon themselves to protect our pups as their own. They were the ones that took care of the intruders when you were fighting against Kamlyn.
 
Inuyasha filled me in on what happened when he finally reached the pups room. I must say that I was completely taken by surprise to learn this from my brother but it appears, my love, that you have won the hearts of my kingdom and all of my servants.”
 
Kagome was shocked to hear this she didn't know that they would go to such length to protect her pups. She was very grateful to them and she knew who must have done that. `Mina has been very adamant about protecting my pups since she found out that I protected her son from the snake youkai. She has a strong will and cares deeply for any child.'
 
Sesshomaru saw the emotions running through his mate's features as he studied her intently. After a few minutes he brought her out of her thought as he nuzzled her and said, “We will leave in the morning. It will give you enough time to tell the children and get Nasume and Mina to care for them. With the test finally over they should be safe here in the castle.
 
I will leave Jakin behind to make sure everything runs smoothly. “
 
Kagome understood the urgency of them needing to take control of the Southern Lands before the land was devastated by the demons that were running ramped. Reports have been coming in from that region stating that there were major fights going on in the areas as the lower lords, wanting to take over new territory, were fighting.
 
With the demise of Kamlyn and his daughter the lower lords were trying to take control of the Southern Lands to make it into whatever they wanted. Many humans and demons alike were caught in the middle of the battles as the stronger lords took control.
 
If they didn't step in and soon there will not be a Southern region to think about and the three Taiyoukai, from the remaining three regions, would have to step in and bring peace to this area. Then they would divide the land up between the three ruling lords.
 
Sesshomaru didn't want that he wanted to keep the lands the way they were and still have control over that region. It would extend his territory and make him the most powerful youkai in all of Japan. She understood that they would have to set up a governing body that would report to Sesshomaru on a monthly bases and tell him how everything is running in that area.
 
Kagome reluctantly agreed with his plan. She didn't want to leave her pups so soon but she knew that she now had other duties that she had to perform. She stood on her tiptoes as she reached up and kissed him. She pulled away and said, “I should leave you to your work while I get everything ready to leave in the morning. I will see you later love.”
 
She turned as she walked away from him. She knew that he had work to do while she told the kids what was going to happen. She would need to find Mina and Nasume and express her gratitude for what they did. Kagome knew that not too many youkai would protect another's pup. But she couldn't help but feel a little bit of pride that she had managed to change their minds about this.
 
Kagome understood that she didn't have much time to get everything settled in the castle before they left in the morning. So she hurried on her way to start the process.
 
~oOo~
 
The next day was a very tearful one for Kagome. She didn't want to leave the children behind so soon. With everything that has happened over the last half year she was reluctant to leave them, her motherly instincts kicking in, in wanting to protect her children.
 
Once all the goodbyes had been said Sesshomaru, Kagome, and Inuyasha departed the Western Lands. They had with them a company of Sesshomaru's finest soldiers to protect them.
 
The soldiers having heard of the impending trip had all volunteered to accompany their Lord. This in itself was odd since no one ever volunteered to accompany the lord on any of his trips. But hearing that the Lady of the West was to accompany him they had all jumped at the chance to be one of the selected few who will protect her. They considered it an honor for they knew that she was powerful in her own right.
 
Their servants had thought of everything that they would need as they loaded up wagons with supplies for all of them. They put extra food in the wagons at Kagome's request because she would not walk away from a village and leave them starving. They have heard that food was hard to find in that region and they will find out first hand if it is true.
 
Sesshomaru had only visited the Southern Lands once, on the day that they had buried Kamlyn father. He went out of respect for the previous lord. He had traveled quickly fling over the land never noticing what it actually looked like. But now that he was their lord he had to see to the well being of his people.
 
The land could not produce the necessary food if he had no one living on the land to produce the crops. He knew that some regions were better for growing certain types of food versus others. Once the land was broken down into smaller regions they should be able to produce more than enough food to provide for everyone, with the excess being sold to the other Lords of the regions.
 
Yes Sesshomaru could have flown to the Southern castle but they had to access the damage that had been done to the lands. So the need to travel on foot became a necessity to survey the damage.
 
They were heading south as the cold air was whipping around them. Kagome pulled her cloak closer to her body to keep warm. She was keeping up as best she could, not having fully recovered from the mating the other day.
 
Sesshomaru noticed Kagome's discomforts and her falling behind everyone else. He reached down and picked her up in his arms as he wrapped his tail around her to keep her warm. He knew that she would never complain but it was up to him to see to her safety and comfort.
 
Sesshomaru stayed close to his mate during the trip. Being newly mated he was very protective and possessive of her. Their bond being new would attract other demons to attempt to take away his mate, for their life bond would not be fully in place until the next full moon. He wouldn't even let Inuyasha get close to her for any reason.
 
He was very attentive to all of her needs. He had brought Ah and Un with him so if she got tired she could ride the dragon. In the evening when they would rest she would sleep in his arms keeping her warm and safe.
 
Kagome was the one that was having the hardest time with her mate. She loved him dearly but he wouldn't give her two minutes peace. He was constantly near her never wanting to leave her alone for an instant. She had to draw the line when she wanted some privacy when using a bush to relieve herself when he had insisted that he come with her.
 
She also noticed that he would not let her get anywhere near the other males, not even his own brother. This she could not understand because she had always had contact with his brother. She was silently wondering if Inuyasha had done something wrong and he was being punished.
 
It was on the fourth night of them being gone from the Western Lands that Kagome had enough of Sesshomaru's possessiveness. Kagome was trying her best to move around the camp so she could get food ready for them to eat. Her mate was still following her and her temper was starting to get the best of her.
 
She couldn't turn around without bumping into him or having his tail snake around her waist when she was moving away from him. He was being too possessive and she had about enough.
 
She had tried to move away from him to cook their meal, when his tail wrapped around her waist tightly preventing her from moving. She quickly got out of his grasp as she gave him a violent snarl and bared her fangs. She then turned and took off into the forest leaving a stunned Sesshomaru behind.
 
Sesshomaru had no idea what was going on or why his mate would take off like that. He took off after her to see what the problem was. He found her a short distance from camp as she was sitting down near a stream just crying her heart out.
 
He rushed to her side to see what was wrong as he scooped her up in his embrace and offer her some comfort.
 
Kagome didn't know what to do. She was upset at her mate for being possessive but here she was allowing him to give her comfort when she was upset at him.
 
Sesshomaru continued to purr as he rubbed Kagome's back in small circles. He knew that this would always make her feel better as she calmed down. Once her tears were under control he took the chance and asked her what was wrong.
 
Kagome having heard Sesshomaru's question turned to the one she loved as she said, “Sesshomaru? Why have you been so possessive lately? I can't even go relieve myself without you coming with me. You always have to be at least touching distance from me. Have I done something wrong to warrant this treatment from you?”
 
Sesshomaru sighed when he heard her question. He had forgotten to tell her what would happen once they were mated. “Kagome, you have done nothing wrong, when Inu Youkai mate there is a period of time that we must stay in close contact with our mates. The constant touching is part of what has to happen. My scent is not a permanent part of you yet. In order for my scent to stay on you I have to constantly touch you.
 
The fact that we are newly mated will cause all manner of youkai to come out and try to take you from me. They would think of me as weak and will battle me to try and take you as their own. Most youkai become weak after a mating but as you can see I'm different. I will not let anyone touch you.
 
Right now my instincts have control over my actions. I know that you are not used to this but it is something that I can't control. Once our bond is permanent then some of my instincts will back down, but until then you have to put up with my possessiveness.”
 
Kagome understood what he was saying as a thought came to her mind and she asked, “So when will our bond become permanent?”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he said, “Our bond will become permanent on the next night of the full moon. Once it's permanent no one will be able to claim you. You will belong to me for all eternity.”
 
~oOo~~~~~Lime coming ahead read at your own risk!~~~~~~~~~~oOo~
 
He leaned down and kissed her with such passion that Kagome became mush in his arms. He continued to kiss her as he gently put her down on the ground, not once breaking his kiss with her.
 
His hands were busy as it undid the obi and pulled her kimono open. He liked her in a kimono because it made it easy for him to get her out of her clothes without tearing them off her body. His hands immediately found what they were looking for as he was gently massaging her breast.
 
They finally had to break from the kiss for lack of air as he continued to kiss down her neck. When he got to his mating mark he licked it as he heard his mate moan with pleasure. He loved to hear those mewling noises of happiness coming from his mate.
 
He then started going down her neck as he kissed and licked his way down toward the valley of her breast. His Inner Inu started to purr as his chest started to vibrate causing Kagome's scent to spike.
 
He took in her new scent and it made his blood boil. It was more spicy than usual and he had never smelled it before from her. His desires for her grew the more her arousal peaked. He was doing everything in his power to stay in control but it was becoming difficult as he continued with his assault on her body.
 
He was gently massaging her breast as his mouth found one of her harden nipple and he took it into his mouth. He started to suckle as his other hand went down to find her sweet hot lips.
 
He shifted his position as his hand found what it was looking for. She was ready for him. She was hot and wet and the scent was intoxicating. Slowly he let one finger enter her nice warm cavern. He started to move slowly to torture her with want. He added another finger as he got a good steady pace going.
 
~oOo~~~~~~~End of Lime~~~~~~~~oOo~
 
He could feel that she was almost ready to peak, when he stopped. A deadly growl escaped his lips as he raised his head and looked in the direction of camp. He picked up the scent of youkai as he bared his fangs at the ones that had interrupted what he was doing with his mate.
 
Kagome was almost in a state of panic. He had stopped before she had reached her peak and she was not happy. She had a burning sensation inside her body that needed to be release or she thought that she might go crazy.
 
Sesshomaru was not oblivious to this. He knew that unless he gave her some relief soon that the heat that he had built up could become dangerous to him and everyone else. For to stop cold like that could send her into a rage and she will try to take care of the problem herself with the first available male.
 
He knew he had to be quick so he opted to brush his fingers over her mating mark making her peak very quickly to relieve her pain. Once this was done he wrapped her kimono around her body once again and picked her up in his arms. He made his way back towards camp to take out his frustrations at the ones that had interrupted him when he was busy with his mate.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had seen when Kagome had taken off to go deep into the forest. He knew that she didn't understand why Sesshomaru was acting the way he was.
 
Inuyasha knew that this was part of the behavior for Inu Youkai once they were mated. They would stick close to their mates until the bond became permanent. He was wondering whether Sesshomaru would be able to explain to his mate why he was acting this way when he picked up the scent of youkai coming towards their camp.
 
The soldiers instantly became alert as they took a fighting stance against the intruders. They had other soldiers in the forest that had set up a perimeter around their lord and his mate to protect them while still giving them their privacy.
 
Inuyasha took out his sword, as he stood ready to attack the intruders. At that moment he saw his brother coming back from the forest and he had Kagome in his arms. He did not look very happy, as a matter of fact he was very pissed.
 
These intruders must have interrupted something very important to him as he was growling viciously towards the youkai that were approaching.
 
Sesshomaru walked into camp and placed Kagome down on the ground. He turned toward his brother as he said, “I want you to watch over Kagome. Do not let anyone get near her or it will be your death.”
 
Inuyasha agreed to his request as he moved over to where Kagome was sitting. She was breathing hard and from her scent he knew what they had been doing. He did not relish being those youkai once Sesshomaru got through with them. Now he knew why he was so angry with them.
 
Three strong youkai appeared in the clearing where they were currently located. They were big. They stood at least 10 feet tall. Their red eyes and long fangs could be seen from a distance as they came crashing into the clearing.
 
They had no hair on top of their heads as they came forward flexing their claws at Sesshomaru. They had no idea what they were in for as Sesshomaru stepped forward to confront them.
 
The three demons stopped as they eyed the youkai in front of them. They looked up and saw what they were after. The female was sitting behind the youkai being protected by a half-breed.
 
The one that seemed to be the leader stepped forward as he made his demands. “We want the bitch behind you. You are no match for our combined strength and we will take her from you.”
 
Sesshomaru brought up his claws as he flexed them, making the green mist of his poison gas come out of his fingertips. These fools had no idea who he was and he was about to make them pay for it with their lives.
 
“You bastards! What makes you think that I would be willing to hand over my mate to the like of you! You interrupted something very special and I'm about to make you pay dearly for it.” said Sesshomaru with his fangs bared at his enemy. He was not about to give up his mate to anyone.
 
The three youkai huffed as they took a fighting stance against the white haired youkai. They wanted to know whom they would be defeating today as one of them asked, “Who are you? We would like to know the name of the youkai we are about to defeat so everyone will know who killed you.”
 
Sesshomaru smirked as he said, “I am Sesshomaru, Taiyoukai of the Western Lands, and the female that you want is Lady Kagome of the Southern Lands my mate. So now you know who would be killing you today.”
 
The three youkai took a step back when they heard his name. He was one of the most powerful youkai in the land. There was no youkai that could rival his powers and they understood that they had made a grave mistake.
 
All three attacked at once hoping to get to him before he killed them. They rushed in as Sesshomaru stood his ground. His soldiers had formed a protective circle around his mate to protect her while Inuyasha stood in front of her with his sword drawn. They all knew better than get in Sesshomaru's way when they had threaten to take away his mate.
 
He was honored bound to take the challenge for the right to be her mate and he was determined to protect her.
 
Three powerful blasts were sent toward Sesshomaru as it impacted on the ground where he was standing. The youkai stopped thinking that they had gotten rid of him as they waited for the smoke to clear. To there delight they just saw a hole in the ground where he was standing and thought that they had killed him.
 
With Sesshomaru speed he had easily avoided the blast that was sent his way. He was floating in the sky observing the fools down below. They had actually thought that they got rid of him.
 
Sesshomaru smiled, he was going to teach them a lesson. He saw one of the demon take a step toward his mate. His eyes flashed red as he flicked his wrist and his poisoned whip came out and went toward the youkai that was after his mate.
 
His whip landed about 5 times on the youkai before he slowly floated down toward the ground. The youkai just stood there for about a minute before he fell in pieces to the ground dead.
 
The other two youkai looked up to see that youkai they had thought they killed was standing in front of them. They subconsciously took a step back away from him as they tried to leave the area.
 
Sesshomaru saw what they were about to do as he flexed his claws and said, “Die!”
 
Sesshomaru rushed in and it was just a blur to all those observing the fight. He landed on the other side of the clearing as he flicked his wrist to get rid of the blood on his claws. The demons that had made the mistake of challenging him for his mate fell to the ground dead as he had cut off each of their heads with just his bare claws.
 
Sesshomaru turned as he went back to his mate. To his surprise Kagome was asleep when he finally reached her. He picked her up in his arms and noticed that Kagome's scent had returned to normal. His anger flared knowing that her heat scent had gone away.
 
He had finally figured out what that scent was and she was finally ready to be pupped. He had kept her away from the children long enough for her body to go back to its normal cycle and be ready for another pup.
 
He nuzzled her to see if she would wake up but she was non-responsive. He sighed he would have to wait for another chance to pup her when he got her alone again. He would have to keep her away from children if he wanted her heat cycle to come back. But he knew this would be next to impossible.
 
Kagome had a big heart and when it came to children she was very protective of them. She knew that they were not hers but her maternal instincts would kick in to protect them from danger. He would wait for his chance to pup her because he knew that she loved him and she had given herself to him freely. Their bond was true and he would not be denied his heir.
 
He walked toward the fire and found a tree that was near it as he sat down with his mate in his arms. He closed his eyes as he inhaled her sweet scent that instantly calmed his raging blood. He fell asleep with her in his arms and his tail wrapped around her for warmth.
 
Inuyasha and the others watched to see what Sesshomaru was going to do. They knew that he had been in the middle of something when these youkai came into the camp. When they saw that he went and sat down with his mate they knew that he would not leave the camp for the rest of the night.
 
Inuyasha quickly issued orders to the guards as they settled down for the night. The shifts had been established earlier for protection as they all got some much needed rest. They were getting closer to the Southern Lands and they should reach it by tomorrow. Then the real danger will begin for them, as they will try to stop them from reaching the castle that was the ruling seat for the Southern Lands.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. All right everyone, I have decided to keep the story going for a while longer. I took a look at the story and found that if I ended it after their mating I would leave a lot of questions open as to what will happen to the Southern Lands and whether Kagome was going to be pupped.
 
So I have chosen to finish these issues first before I end the story. I have no idea how many more chapters it will take but I will try my best.
 
In the next chapter Sesshomaru would get a first hand look at the person he was mated to. Even though he has been with her for almost a year he really doesn't know the type of person his mate really is.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!