Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 41

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“You are punctual,” came a voice from behind Mana, making the girl twitch. “I like that,” added the unseen speaker. “Am I to assume that you have made your choice?” the speaker was amused.
 
“Yes,” Mana said quietly, looking around. “Though I don't know if the others trust me or not,” she added.
 
“Well, you did sort of piss them off during the Festival,” came the dry reply. “I wouldn't worry, though; they are a unique group in very strange circumstances, and likely won't hold on to their suspicions for too long.” Mana looked around, still not seeing anyone.
 
“So, why the games?” she asked, one hand absently resting on one of her pistols. “I already know about you, and you know I am here, so why not just come on out?” asked the sniper.
 
“Busy at the moment,” replied the unseen speaker. Mana's eyes narrowed slightly. So, she isn't physically here, then, deducted the shooter. Wonder where she got off to? “Step to your right, about two feet,” came the voice. Mana did as instructed. A slivery flash filled the room, and Mana vanished.
 
-
 
“Set-chan!” called out Konoka, opening her best friend's dorm room door and entering, “you ready?” she asked.
 
“Almost,” replied Setsuna. Konoka stepped around the shallow corner of the entry way, spotting her favorite winged half-demon girl brushing her hair.
 
“I'll do that!” squealed Konoka, dashing forward and plucking the brush from Setsuna's hand, immediately beginning to brush the raven locks of the other girl's hair, humming softly. Behind her, Asuna shook her head, smiling fondly.
 
“Ojou-sama!” protested Setsuna, “you needn't…!”
 
“Save your breath,” smiled Asuna, closing the door, “you won't convince her not to.” Setsuna hung her head slightly. “Besides, it makes her happy, doesn't it?” grinned Asuna, pausing to give Setsuna's shoulder a gentle, friendly squeeze. “Maybe we should comb her feathers?” Asuna suggested to Konoka, who gave an eager, excited squeal.
 
“Yes!” she agreed.
 
“But, there isn't time…!” Set-chan's protest sounded a little desperate. Past experience had taught her that once Asuna and Konoka got their hands on her snowy wings, she would be trapped for hours as the two fondled, finger combed and stroked her wings.
 
Konoka sighed. “You're right, Set-chan,” she conceded. “So, we'll do it tonight!” giggled the girl happily, Asuna smiling as well. Setsuna wondered why it had to be her. Still, as long as Ojou-sama is happy… she felt herself smiling a little. Asuna crossed to the neatly-organized dresser, swiftly flipping through the collection of hair bands and ribbons that Setsuna used to tie her hair.
 
“Band or ribbon?” she asked Konoka.
 
“Ribbon,” came the very certain reply. “Blue or green,” added Konoka. “Make sure it is long enough for a two-loop bow.”
 
“Hmm,” Asuna replied, sorting through the ribbons. Navy or aqua-marine? she wondered, selecting two lengths and studying them.
 
“Ojou-sama, a band is…” began Setsuna.
 
“Call me Kono-chan or Konoka,” insisted the young mistress of the Konoe clan. “And a band isn't pretty enough,” pouted the dark brunette. “See?” she said, turning her head a little. Setsuna saw that her mistress had a ribbon tied in her hair, one handful gathered and tied, while under it, her hair was left loose. “We need to match!” gushed Konoka. The sword-using half-breed glanced at Asuna, seeing that while her familiar hair bells were tying up her twin ponytails, the usual red ribbons had been switched for one blue and one green, accenting her different-colored eyes.
 
“Konoka is being a tyrant again,” shrugged Asuna. She didn't mind it when Konoka got into these kind of moods, since it made Konoka happy and she usually ended up with some new threads out of the deal. In fact, the short-hemmed light dress she was wearing was one Konoka had bought last time she got in the mood to play dress-up with her roommate. It was sleeveless, with a fairly low top and a three-loop draw string on the back that made it hug her waist from just below her breasts to the crest of her hips. Other than a pair of small, thin panties, she was naked under the dress, her Pactio card tucked discreetly under the waistband of her panties, at her hip so she could pull it out quickly if needed.
 
Konoka was wearing a mini-skirt and thin blouse, the skirt pleated and the top also sleeveless. With the weather being warm, it was a perfect choice for their evening meeting. Her shoes - discarded by the door - were simple sandals, Asuna's flats next to them. “We need to find her something to match,” Konoka said, slowly running her fingers through Setsuna's brushed, shiny hair. Accepting the aqua-marine ribbon from her conspirator, she fussily gathered her childhood friend's hair up, tying it neatly.
 
While she was doing that, Asuna had gotten into the closet of her instructor in swordsmanship, swiftly flipping through the contents. Setsuna doesn't have a lot of dresses, noticed Asuna. And not a lot of skirts and tops that aren't school uniform parts, either, realized the girl. “We need to take her shopping for clothes,” Asuna said to Konoka. “For tonight, she might need to borrow some of our things,” decided the primary partner.
 
“But, I…”
 
“Agreed!” Konoka cheerfully seconded. Setsuna wondered what was wrong with her outfit. She had put on her usual spandex shorts under a school skirt, and sported a simple - but utilitarian - white blouse. Her blouse was short-sleeved, and looked sufficiently modest for her to wear around Konoka. Unfortunately, Konoka didn't agree. “We have to go past our room on the way out anyway, so we'll stop off real quick and get you something,” Konoka said, her hand absently tracing Setsuna's cheek and neck.
 
“How about that skirt you got last week with my silk blouse?” suggested Asuna, her tone almost eager. Konoka's eyes lit up.
 
“That's a good idea!” chirped the granddaughter of the Dean. Setsuna could only sigh as the two eagerly planned out her outfit. As she listened to them, she found herself smiling happily.
 
It was a half hour later when the trio reached the lobby of the dorm, Konoka finding their date waiting. “Daddy!” she called, waving. Eishun rose from the chair he had been waiting in.
 
“There's my girl,” he smiled at her. They were nearly three quarter of an hour late, but he wasn't surprised - or upset. Girls, he had long since learned, appeared when they were ready - and rarely on time. Glancing at the two girls with his daughter, he found himself looking at the small, white wing badges each wore. “I hope you don't mind keeping your poor old father company?” he smiled at his daughter.
 
“Of course not!” giggled Konoka, stopping in front of him. “Besides, it's a free meal,” she grinned insolently. Eishun laughed wryly.
 
“Yes, I should have known that was what you were thinking of,” he muttered. She takes after her mother in some unexpected ways, my Konoka does… The group exited the dorm lobby into the early night-time air, heading for `restaurant row' - the street where close to seventy percent of the town's eateries were located. Eishun felt good, Konoka at his side, Asuna and Setsuna close to his daughter, but he didn't allow himself to forget the matter that had prompted him to remain in Mahora longer than he had expected to.
 
He covertly looked around, but didn't see or sense anything that hinted that the root of his concern had been spooked yet. Still, they are all wearing those badges that Father mentioned, so maybe… he pushed that concern to the back of his mind. As it stands right now, we're better off not making any waves, he reminded himself. Glancing at his watch, he calculated times. They should be arriving at about the same time, he thought.
 
“Daddy?” prompted Konoka. Eishun blinked, realizing that he had let his mind wander.
 
“Sorry,” he said contritely, “what did you say?”
 
“I asked if you were seeing anyone,” pouted Konoka.
 
“I've been very busy with matters, and…” Eishun began. Konoka gave him a level, collected look.
 
“You've been using that excuse since mom died,” she said. “It won't work any more,” announced Konoka firmly. “It's time you stopped hiding and started dating again,” instructed Konoka. Eishun was once more reminded of how similar mother and daughter were. He also spotted his in.
 
“What about you, Kono-chan?” he challenged her playfully. “Seeing anyone yourself?” he teased. Konoka smiled at him brilliantly.
 
“Of course I am!” she exclaimed, causing him to blink.
 
“You are? Who?” wondered Eishun. Konoka seemed about to say something, but then apparently checked herself.
 
“That's my secret, daddy!” giggled Konoka playfully. Eishun nodded his head.
 
“So, I take it that you are dating an English gentleman, then?” he needled her lovingly. “Perhaps the son of someone I knew long ago? Maybe an up-and-coming mage?” he suggested heavy-handedly. Konoka just smiled.
 
“No comment,” she said easily. Eishun turned to look at Asuna.
 
“How about you, Asuna-chan?” he asked her. “Anyone catch your eye?”
 
“Sorry, but I don't have time for that right now,” Asuna said, frowning slightly. Setsuna looked away, not meeting the elder's gaze. “Why are you calling me `-chan' now?” asked Asuna, eyeing the tall head of the Kansai Magic Association. Eishun bit back a grimace.
 
“Well, you are Konoka's roommate and friend, aren't you?” he explained. Shit! he cursed his slip of the tongue. She isn't the nearly-mute girl we rescued so long ago, nor is she Asu-chan, the surprise student of all of us in the Red Wings, he reminded himself. She's Asuna now, her memories sealed, and is Negi's primary partner. Best be careful about what and how I say things, he decided. “Force of habit, I guess,” he added. Asuna shrugged.
 
“I don't mind, but it was kind of strange,” she said. It seemed familiar, too, for some reason, the girl mused. Her eyes flickered over to Setsuna, the two girls touching gazes for a moment. “So, where are we eating?” asked Asuna. I am hungry, she thought piously.
 
Not too far from the quartet, a figure was meandering along with the light foot traffic, unobtrusively keeping the group in sight. Pulling up a cell phone, the figure dialed a number without looking and spoke briefly with another person before ending the call. “Kazumi, there's someone watching us,” came a voice from thin air, just above and behind her shoulder. The girl nodded.
 
“Yeah,” she said softly. “Keep an eye on our girls, Sayo,” directed the intelligence head of the White Wings. “Got a little errand to run right now,” the girl said, abruptly turning down a side street. Several moments later, a pair of men turned onto the street. Ahead of them, the girl smiled to herself. Looking further ahead, her smile grew as she saw two teammates appear from another street, casually leaning against the side of a building. Pulling up her cell phone, she dialed another number, but it never connected.
 
-
 
“Mm,” moaned Negi, opening his eyes. It took him a moment to recall why he wasn't seeing the familiar roof of the dorm or the Resort. The dark blue and frost white nylon over his head reminded him he was at Kaede's old training grounds deep in the mountains. Carefully rubbing his eyes, he realized that he had a warm, soft mass surrounding him from the side. Turning his head, he saw Kaede holding him close as she slept.
 
“Morning, Negi,” the ninja said softly, smiling at him, though her eyes remained closed.
 
“Good morning, Kaede,” he replied, leaning in and kissing her. Habits formed with Asuna and Konoka had easily transferred to all the girls in the White Wings. Kaede returned the kiss. Unlike the kisses before, this one was subtly different. Deeper, more tender and involved, it reminded Negi of the way that the kisses he shared with his partners had changed after he had joined with them. Kaede was no exception.
 
Reluctantly, Negi broke the kiss nearly a minute later. Giving her an apologetic smile, he eased out of her arms. “I need to use the bathroom,” he explained. Kaede smiled at him.
 
“We should be starting back soon anyway,” the ninja replied casually, flipping the sleeping bag top off of them. Her naked body nearly took his breath away. Kaede is really, really sexy! a part of him marveled. The tallest of his team, her body was lean, strong and toned from the tips of her toes to the crown of her head. It didn't hurt that her breasts were full, large and firm, either. “Don't forget to say good morning to Chachamaru,” Kaede reminded him, sitting up and stretching.
 
“Oh!” Negi gasped, remembering the gynoid. Turning to where Chachamaru had been, he found the spot empty. “Where is she?” he wondered.
 
“She got up and stepped outside about an hour ago,” Kaede supplied.
 
“Oh, ok,” Negi said, moving out of the tent, snagging his clothes as he went. Outside, he found Chachamaru - wearing her black poly-based panties and bra - tending to the fire, over which hung the small pot Kaede carried, and around which was six fish, stuck on sticks, cooking from the heat.
 
“Good morning, Negi,” the robot girl said, glancing at him. “Did you sleep well?” asked Chachamaru.
 
“Very good, thank you,” he said, pausing to lean down and kiss her. To his mild surprise, she returned the kiss almost as aggressively as the other Wing girls did; not that he minded. “Breakfast will be ready soon,” she added, carefully turning the sticks that held the fish so the side that had been facing away from the fire could finish cooking.
 
“Sounds good,” Negi said, seeing that about a quarter of the sun had risen above the hills to the east. “I'm going to wash my face and get ready,” he said, jumping off the boulder. Chachamaru nodded; not that she thought he would see it.
 
“Morning, Chacha-chan,” Kaede said, one of the ninja's hands gently patting the squatting gynoid's shoulder.
 
“Good morning, Kaede,” replied the android. “Will we be returning to Mahora this morning?” she asked. Kaede nodded.
 
“Yes, but only briefly,” the kunoichi answered. “Negi promised to visit Ayaka's house.” Kaede was almost smiling as she said that. Chachamaru, however, was busy thinking.
 
“That is a good idea,” she said, mostly to herself. “Who is going with him? Asuna?” Kaede smiled.
 
“I think that it would be very difficult to keep Asuna from going with him, considering it is Ayaka's house they are visiting,” the girl said. Chachamaru smiled as well. Kaede patted her shoulder again. “I'm going to freshen up before breakfast - be right back.” And with that, Kaede jumped off the protrusion of rock.
 
Chachamaru activated her wireless capabilities. It was time to make some arrangements.
 
-
 
Asuna put her toothbrush back in the holder, checked herself in the mirror and left the tiny, cramped bathroom in the room she shared with Konoka and Negi. Konoka was tidying up the half-kitchen, the light breakfast she had made already cleaned up. “So, Konoka-chan,” Asuna said, moving over to her dresser and pulling out a pair of fresh panties, “what are we doing today? Your dad still here?” she wondered.
 
“He said his meetings were dragging along, so yes,” Konoka replied, drying her hands and moving over to stand beside Asuna, also selecting clothes for the day. Asuna frowned, fastening the clasp on her thin bra.
 
“I can't help but feel a little suspicious, Konoka,” she confided to her best friend. “He originally said he was just here for a day, didn't he? And now, he's staying here indefinitely. He's also been asking about the Wings nearly non-stop, and unless I'm just misreading things, he's been focusing on Eva.”
 
“Well, he is family, Asuna-chan,” Konoka said, settling her own bra before fastening the catch between her breasts. “Probably just wants to talk with Grandpa about things between the Associations,” suggested the granddaughter. “Besides,” grinned Konoka, suddenly turning to hug Asuna, “I thought you would like having him around, seeing as how you thought he was hot,” giggled the girl wickedly. Asuna blushed.
 
“That was then,” Asuna managed, gently peeling the laughing Konoka off her. “And if he's the head of the group, shouldn't he be looking after things in Kyoto? He's never visited here before, right? Isn't that why your grandpa sent Negi there with that letter that time?”
 
“Maybe things are better between the groups now?” suggested Konoka, finally allowing Asuna to push her away a small distance.
 
“Maybe,” Asuna sighed. “Something just doesn't feel right, though,” worried the primary partner. Konoka turned to look at Asuna for a long moment, her eyes meeting Asuna's squarely.
 
“You honestly feel something is wrong?” Konoka asked softly. Asuna nodded. “Then, I believe you,” Konoka said, touching Asuna's cheek. Asuna blinked in surprise.
 
“Kono-chan!” she breathed. Konoka smiled, leaning in to kiss Asuna swiftly.
 
“You shouldn't be surprised, Asuna,” Konoka breathed, her cheek rubbing gently against Asuna's cheek, “we're partners, teammates and friends. Of course I believe you.” Surprised and touched, Asuna hugged Konoka to her.
 
“Thanks, Kono-chan,” Asuna murmured, stroking Konoka's long, soft hair. The other girl giggled briefly.
 
“No problem,” she assured Asuna, smiling warmly. The moment was interrupted by a cell phone ringing.