Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 14 ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together






When Asuka and Hikari got back to the apartment, Shinji was feeding Kensuke all of his and Ayanami's leftovers.

"Man, how come you guys have so much food left?" Aida asked with a mouth full of food.

"Rei kinda goes overboard when she cooks for me." Shinji admitted proudly. "She forgets that I'm only one person."

"Well I'll be happy to eat over here any time! I love the way she cooks."

"I'll keep that in mind." Shinji answered sarcastically. There was no way in hell he was going to invite Aida to dinner with he and Rei. Most of the time that's the only time he got to spend with her.

"We're back!" Asuka yelled out with false happiness. "I'm sure you missed us."

<yeah right> Shinji didn't outwardly respond to her last comment.

Aida rolled his eyes.

She ignored their silence and continued. "Sooo what are you two Bakas doing?"

Shinji answered as he put another plate on the table for his friend. "I was feeding Aida my leftovers."

"Eww leftovers" Asuka scoffed. "Who knows how long they've been in there."

"For your information, Asuka ,Shinji and Rei have everything in their fridge labeled and dated." Aida said with a mouth full of food. "And I mean *everything*." He got up and walked over to the fridge, opened it, and randomly pulled out one of the many containers. "Look at this... It says that it was opened on the 7th of May and should be thrown away by... hmmm... today.. so I guess I can eat this too." He looked back into the fridge. "What else can I find to eat?"

Shinji rolled his eyes then asked the two girls. "Would you two like anything to eat?"

Asuka snorted no.

Hikari wanted to say yes. The food Kensuke was eating looked and smelled really good, but she felt like she would be betraying Asuka. "No thanks.. but can you tell me where my Touji-chan is?"

The boys shrugged their shoulders and Shinji answered "He went out to look for you?"

Asuka looked at her friend. "Told you he would come looking for you!"

The class rep blushed.

"You're just jealous that no one would do the same for you, Asuka." Touji retorted knowingly as he appeared from behind them.

Asuka fought back her tears and the urge to run out the door again, and sat in Shinji's seat at the kitchen table. "I changed my mind, Shinji no Baka. I think I will try some of Wonder girls cooking."

Hikari hit her boyfriend's arm for his comment and glared at him.

Touji laughed and said "I think I'll have something to eat as well."

Shinji inwardly sighed. He didn't feel like playing chef and waiter for so many people.

As Shinji prepared all the food for everyone, Touji glared at his friend. He was going to get the truth from him once and for all. For two years the third child had been lying to them about not *getting any*, and now he found out that not only was Asuka giving it up, but someone else as well. <you're going to pay for lying to me, Shinji>

Shinji could feel someone's eyes burrowing into the back of his head. He wasn't sure who it was, but he figured that it was most likely Asuka. Therefore, he did his best to ignore it. So instead of turning to face her direction, he decided to ask his friend what else he wanted to eat. When Shinji turned and looked into Suzuhara's eyes he winced.

"What?" the third child asked sheepishly.

Touji narrowed his eyes and cracked his knuckles. "You'll find out.. soon enough."

Shinji swallowed hard. He had no idea what his friend was talking about. And in all honesty, he didn't want to know.

About an hour later, everyone had almost eaten all of the pilots of unit 01 and 00's leftovers. It was both a good and a bad thing. Good that the food wasn't wasted and thrown away like it usually was, bad because if Rei didn't cook, he was going to be S.O.L. and have to cook for himself and not have anything *good* to heat up and eat for the next few days.

However, Shinji was enjoying his friends being there. Even Asuka. He could tell that since he and Rei started going out, she had been nicer to him. He also knew that the reason for her forced kindness was to try and get him back. Which was never going to happen. After laughing at one of his friend's jokes, Shinji unconsciously sighed. He wished that his Rei-chan were here to join in the festivities.

Asuka stood beside Shinji. She couldn't help wishing that they were still together and this was their apartment. Then she heard him sigh dejectedly and look at the uneaten food. Her eyes narrowed angrily, for she knew that he was thinking about that doll. <that %*&^*ing doll. I hate her. he can't even go an hour without thinking about her.>

Hikari stared at her friend. She tried not to bring attention to Asuka's angry disposition She was about to say something to get her friend's attention but was interrupted by Shinji.

"So Asuka" He looked at her and smiled proudly. "How did you like Rei-chan's cooking?"

"I've tasted better!" the second child scoffed bitterly. Actually she liked it. A lot. It was just one more reason to hate Wonder girl.

"Yeah right! Where?" Kensuke shot back as he continued to stuff his face. He had been eating for an hour straight.

Touji smirked and waited for her retort.

Asuka gave a death glare to the boy and said "None of your damn business. If I told your greedy @$$ where, you'd probably eat them out of house and home!"

Everyone laughed and agreed with the second child. Aida blushed in embarrassment. He did eat a lot today.

Feeling satisfied that she put the four eyed geek in his place, she absently looked down at her watch. "Oh $#!%!!!!" She quickly gathered her things. "I'm late for my synch testing!" and ran toward the door. "Hikari are you coming?"

The class rep looked at her boyfriend to see if he minded. Touji gave her a cocky wink to tell her to go. She quickly gathered her stuff as well, and called out before she left to follow her friend.

"I'll meet you at my house, Touji-chan!"

"k" he called back, then looked at the third child. "But I'll probably be here for a while. I need to discuss something with Shinji." He cracked his knuckles.

Shinji swallowed hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The commander was in his office. He had scheduled an appointment with one of his subordinates. The reason for this meeting stemmed from what he saw Rei doing. It distressed him. He knew that he had given Rei a poor excuse of the *talk*. He wanted to know if Shinji had the *talk* as well.

<please god... please make it so he already had the *talk*> He commander didn't think that he could go through it again. Rei asked so many questions. And she asked *why* so many times. He rubbed his temples as he remembered that horrid event. <please say he already had the *talk*>

He hated getting into the personal lives of those who worked for him. He prided himself on separating himself from them. It ensured that he was not only respected, but feared as well. He taught that logic to Rei. He would have done the same for Shinji, but the boy refused to live with him when he arrived at Toyko-3. So because of Shinji's decision, he now has to get involved and actually talk to someone, instead of just commanding them. He looked at his watch. It wouldn't be long before she arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei had just finished her synchronization test with her Eva. 54% was the best she synched. It was what she always did. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the rest. However it didn't bother her. She only needed a 34% synch for her Eva to work. Anyways, being a pilot wasn't her purpose anymore. But most of all, there was a reason she couldn't go over 54% but it was a secret that she didn't mind keeping.

The pilot of unit 00 was in the locker room. She was sticky and reeked of the scent of blood because of the artificial LCL. Right now, all she wanted to do was shower and be rid of that gawd awful scent. That scent was the very reason she bathed like three times a day, when she had the opportunity. That scent would permeate in her nostrils making her think that her body still reeked of the smell. And the artificial LCL smelled worse than the natural LCL that came from Lillith. But since she's Lillith, she'd be damned if they pinned her to a cross and drained her divine blood for their practice synch test.

She was just about to take off her plug suit when the second child walked through the locker room door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shinji."

A meek answer of "yes" came from the boy.

A sadistic knowing chime of "I know that you've been lying to us" was the response.

"Lying to you?" Shinji gulped in his most innocent voice.

"Hai." Touji answered.

Aida put his food down and became interested in the conversation. "Shin-man, what have you been lying to us about?"

With his eyes wide, Shinji shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't liking the determined glare he was receiving from Touji.

Touji got up out of his seat and walked toward the pilot, while he punched his fist into his hand as an intimidating gesture. "So I guess you want to do this the hard way."

Shinji's eyes tripled their size and yelled "I don't know what you're talking about!" as he quickly maneuvered around the boy and made a dash for the front door.

"IIIIIII don't think so!" Suzuhara ran after him and grabbed him by his shirt collar. And in his best cowboy voice, he yelled "It's your day of reckoning boy!!"

As Shinji struggled to get free from Touji's grasp, Aida poked his head out of the kitchen to see the spectacle.

<I'd hate to be you Shin-man>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuyutsuki walked into Gendo's office.

He stood in the center of the office and asked. "You wanted to see me sir?"

Gendo waved his hand with a flick of the wrist. "Cut the formalities, Kozo. I have to ask you a question."

The professor relaxed a bit and patiently waited for the commander to proceed.

"In few minutes one of my subordinates is going to come in here.... And I need to ask her questions....."

Kozo quirked a brow. "And why is this so difficult?" He was curious. The commander had killed people who came into his office without batting an eyelash.

"It's about my son."

"Oh."

The commander rubbed his chin. "I need to know how I can acquire this information without seeming like I'm personally interested."

"Just do it like you usually do it."

The commander nodded absently as he continued to rub his chin. Then lifted his head with a new determination and said "Ok, lets practice."

Kozo rolled his eyes and sighed. "What do you want me to say?"

No one besides the professor knew this, but Gendo had to practice how to be an @$$ hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji was struggling to get up, because Suzuhara was sitting on his stomach and had the pilot's arms pent down under his knees. Shinji was kicking wildly but it made no difference. Touji was a safe distance away from them.

"I'm going beat your @$$, Touji once I get outta here!!" Shinji yelled as he glared daggers up at his aggressor.

"Yeah yeah" Suzuhara laughed as he brushed aside that hollow threat.

Shinji didn't stop struggling, but he knew that he was bluffing too. It turned out that all those years of training how to fight in his Eva was of no use in a real hand to hand battle. All that practice was useless. Completely useless!!!!

As a friend you would want to *watch your back* Aida was even more useless. He just watched. Yep, he just watched and ate the rest of the third child's food as Shinji got beat up, in his own home for reasons unknown to both of them.

"I'm gonna kick your @$$ too, Kensuke!!!" Shinji yelled from underneath Touji.

Aida choked on his food. He was scared because he knew that Shinji really could kick his @$$.

"Now if you just calm down...." Touji began, "maybe we can clear up this understanding."

Shinji narrowed his eyes at his soon to be *ex* friend. He was beyond pissed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about your love life, Shinji... or should I say your sex life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayanami ceased her effort to undress when the second child came into the room. She wasn't going to allow herself to get caught at a disadvantage if that crazy red headed psychopath decided to attack her.

Asuka walked over to her locker and started to get undressed. She hated being in their with that blue haired freak. She tried to ignore her but couldn't. She spun on her heals and glared at Rei, only to see a pair of red eyes passively staring at her.

"What the hell are you looking at!!" Asuka spat out with pure disgust.

"You." was Rei's calm response.

"Why are you looking at me you $&^%&ing *doll*!!"

<because I don't trust your crazy @$$> Rei didn't outwardly respond.

Asuka quickly put her clothes back on, and stomped toward the first child.

Rei didn't move, giving a false illusion that she wasn't ready to attack or defended herself. Actually, she was more than ready to beat the holly hell out of the second child.

About halfway across the room Asuka stopped, shook her head, and walked back to her side of the locker room.

Rei watched the retreating form and mentally said <she's nuts>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door opened in the commander's office.

Major Katsuragi confidently walked in, and said with even more confidence.

"You requested to see me sir?"

In a cold tone the commander answered. "Hai."

There was about 5 minutes of silence.

At first, the major stared at what would be the commander's eyes. If she could see them beyond the dark tinted glasses. Then her gaze fell to his hands, which were claps in front of his face, then his desk, then the 2nd commander, then the wall, the ceiling, and then the floor.

Seeing that the major was sufficiently intimidated, the commander began to speak. "I request information about pilot Ikari."

Her head whipped up to see the commander. "Shinji-kun?"

He didn't respond to her pet name for his son.

Realizing that she shouldn't have addressed Shinji so informally, she stated "Yes sir. What is it you need to know?"

After about a minute of uncomfortable silence, (uncomfortable silence for the major that is) the commander spoke. "As we both know, Pilot Ikari is now living with the first child."

She nodded.

"As we both know, they now have an intimate friendship."

The professor looked at his friend and inwardly chuckled because he knew that Gendo was still having a hard time accepting that Rei was old enough to date.

The major raised her brow <friendship?... from what Asuka told me, they're already having sex>

Gendo waited another minute before he asked his next question. He hated getting into people's personal lives. If it didn't relate to NERV, he usually didn't care to know about it. He took a silent breath and started with his questions.

"Major Katsuragi, have you informed pilot Ikari of the facts of life?"

"The facts of life sir?" she asked innocently as she played dumb.

His brow furrowed in displeasure.

She quickly answered his question. "Yes sir. I did."

"Did you give pilot Souyru the same lesson?"

"No sir."

"Why didn't you tell Souyru about ... the facts of life."

"I did sir. I just taught her a bit... differently."

Gendo didn't respond to what she said, he just asked another question. "Though the lesson was different, it was sufficient? He is knowledgeable about the facts?"

"Very knowledgeable sir." the major said loudly and then under her breath said "I should know."

<WHAT!> The commander heard her last comment and narrowed his eyes at the woman before him. He was not pleased. <she better not have done what I think she did>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touji hung a long sliver of spit over Shinji face for the 10th time then slurped it back up.

Shinji was screaming and shaking his head side to side.

Aida was crouching down beside Shinji's head. "Just tell us what we want to know." He was now on Touji side once he found out why Suzuhara was going to such extremes to get the truth.

A few minutes earlier, Suzuhara got Shinji to admit that he had sex with Asuka on more than one occasion. He also got him to tell them when and were, and what she did to him ^.^ But the confession he wanted was who his first was. Shinji was still trying to make them believe that it was Asuka.

Touji sucked on his pointer finger then pulled it out. "My friend Willie says you're lying to us again, Shinji."

Shinji's eyes tripled their size as he stared at his *ex* friend's finger. It was dripping wet with slobber. He started frantically shaking his head no. "I already told you guys!! Asuka was my first!!!"

The fourth child sighed out skeptically, "You liiiiee" then looked at Aida. "Hold his head still, because my friend Willie here is going to look for the truth in his ear."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Shinji let out his blood curdling girly scream.

Both the boys had to cover their ears because of the piercing sound of it.

A few seconds later, Touji realized that he had given himself a wet Willie and growled "You're going to pay for this, Shinji" as he wiped his spit out of his ear.

Aida laughed at his friend's blunder.

Shinji probably would have laughed, but he knew that what Touji said wasn't a threat, but a promise.

After Suzuhara finished cleaning his ear, he punched Shinji in the arm. Then again in the same spot.

"OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" was all the third child could scream.

"Just tell him what he wants to know, Shin-man!"

Shinji shook his head no.

Touji hit him again in the same spot.

OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asuka had just finished getting dressed in her plug suit. When she turned around, the first child was still staring at her.

"What the hell are you staring at?!!"

Rei didn't respond. She had already given her answer to that question before.

Asuka kicked the bench, toppling it over, and stomped over to the blue haired girl. "You think your so hot don't you? But your nothing but a *doll*!"

No response from Rei.

"I hate you! Don't ever mistake my feelings for you because I don't bash your %*^&ing skull in!!"

No response from Rei.

Which in turn made Asuka even more furious. She looked at how the first child passively stood there. Judging her, looking down at her, mocking her and her feelings. She was just like the commander. "I can't even understand what Shinji sees in you! You're just like *him*. The only person Shinji hates in this entire universe. Do you know how many nights I had to listen to that Baka go on and on about how much he hates his father... And here he is falling in love with someone who exhibits everything he hates!!" She turned around and screamed to the ceiling. "Shinji you Baka!! Why can't you see it!!"

"He does see it..." said a calm confident voice.

Asuka spun around to face the girl once again.

Rei continued. "And he doesn't care." Rei smirked because she was going to say something really mean. Usually she didn't bother lowering herself to taunt someone, but then again, sometimes.. she couldn't help herself.

Rei voice was calm and arrogant. "Face it Souyru... No matter what I do, how I act.. to Shinji , it's still a hell of a lot better than being with you... So get over it. You lost..... To me."

"I hate you!!" Asuka screamed like a mad woman and rushed Ayanami.

A cat fight ensued.

Rei was on the defensive. Even though she was a 3rd degree black belt, she was having a hard time blocking Asuka's wild attacks. It was like the red haired demon's mind had snapped, and her sole purpose was to rip the blue haired angel to shreds.

Luckily, it wasn't long before Rei had Asuka pent down in the same fashion that Shinji was pent down under Touji.

"Calm down" the first child calmly ordered as she looked down at the irate girl beneath her.

The second child tilted her head back and spit in the first child's face.

Rei could not believe what that b*tch just did! With her left hand, she wiped the spittle off her face. With her right, she slapped the hell out of Asuka. Rei was furious. To her, there is nothing in the world more disrespectful than being spit on.

Asuka could feel her blood puddleing in her mouth because of the now loose teeth in the back of her jaw. She was about to spit on Ayanami again, but was stopped by Rei's sadistically calm voice promising that.

"If you try that $#!% again I will snap your neck in two." (N.A. hey she was raised by the commander ^_~)

Asuka swallowed hard. She believed the red eyed girl.

"Souyru, I understand what you're going through, Shinji has rejected......"

Asuka interrupted. "Wonder girl you don't understand $#!%!! You think you're so hot?! You walk around with your pouty mouth like nothing in this world is good enough for you!! Only smiling or talking to your chosen few!! I hate you!! Everyone either walks on egg shells around you, or treats you like some fragile princess!! You disgust me!"

Rei was taken back by her words. <is that how others see me?>

The second child futilely tried to wiggle her self free. "You don't even appreciate all you've been given!! You don't even appreciate all the attention his father gives you! Do you know that Shinji would kill to have his father treat him, just once, with the affection the commander gives to you!"

Rei's brows furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

Asuka laughed bitterly. "For a genius, you are so stupid!!! You don't even see it!! You're more like the commander's daughter than Shinji is his son!!!"

Rei blinked hard. She never realized. The commander never speaks to her as if he found her as anything more than his subordinate. "You have no idea what you are talking about, Souyru."

Her words put the red haired girl in a crazed vindictive laughing fit.

Rei's eyes widened in fear. <she's crazy>

Asuka arched her back almost tipping Rei off her and screamed "I don't know what I'm talking about?!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!" She relaxed her back and glared at the girl on top of her "I bet that you don't know even know how much that bastard Shinji loves you! I bet that a stupid doll like you can't even fathom what love is! You're nothing! Nothing but a doll!!"

Rei slapped her again. Hard. She hated being called a doll.

Asuka laughed as if the slap didn't phase her. "I used to think that we were different as our hair and eye color.. but we're the same you and I..."

Rei stared down at her with a face of angry indifference.

"Yes, where the same because we both love Shinji... and we were both too late to take his virginity."

<what?> Rei's eyes widened. She knew that Shinji wasn't a virgin. She didn't care. Shinji had told her about what he did with Asuka. But he never mentioned anyone else. "You're lying."

Asuka was pleased that she got another reaction from the first child. The second answered smugly. "No_ I'm not." Then laughed and mocked. "You two are so close, beloveds an all, you mean he never told you who was his first?"

"Shut up!" Rei angrily commanded. She didn't want to hear anymore lies about Shinji. If what she said was true, Shinji would have told her.... <wouldn't he?>

Asuka laughed triumphantly. Finally, she could hurt the precious Ayanami. "You know her, you know... His first."

"Shut up!" Rei commanded again.

"If you just think about it you can figure it out.... What female does Shinji know that you know as well... hmmmmm...." She laughed bitterly, "Think about it Baka, the list is short!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The commander had just finished his questions and had dismissed the major. He was pissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misato was walking past the girls locker room when she noticed the first child running out of the door. She also noticed Asuka picking herself off the floor and spitting out blood. Her stomach tightened. This was the reason why none of the pilots tested together. To avoid confusion. Well Shinji and Rei could test together, but the sight of them together, made the good doctor sick to her stomach. So they tested separately as well.

What made the major worry, was whether Asuka did something to Rei. If she did, she would pay for it with her life. So far Asuka had done well to keep her temper around Ikari's favorite, but that was all an act. Her psychological reviews said she was actually getting worse in her obsession with Shinji. Even to the point where she might actually do something to Rei to get him back. The only reason these evaluations haven't gotten to the commander was because Misato told her psychiatrist that she would kill him if any of this got out.

Katsuragi smirked. <it's good to work for NERV>

However, she was kept informed of the accurate progress of Asuka's mental state. And she had the duty of making sure that the fiery redhead didn't fly off the handle and harm Ayanami.

Misato walked into the locker room and asked "What the $&% happened?"

Asuka glared at the her, then flashed her a victorious smile. "Nothing a good dentist can't correct."

Misato narrowed her eyes at the girl. "What did you do to Rei?" She was really worried about Asuka's future safety.

But Asuka didn't know that. "Why does everyone care about her!!! I was talking about me, for your information!!"

"I was thinking about you, Asuka!" Misato yelled.

"Well excuse me if I couldn't tell!" she spat out sarcastically as she used her tongue to push her teeth back into place.

"What happened?" Misato asked again.

"Oh nothing." Asuka chimed. "I just gave Wonder girl some information about her precious Shinji..." She began to laugh. "I don't think she took it well."

"Do you mind sharing that info with me?"

Asuka looked at the major and narrowed her eyes. "Yes I do... so I won't." And walked out of the locker room. "I'll see you at testing."

Katsuragi threw her arms up in an exasperated sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Misato" the commander growled as he practically broke his own fingers in his trademark hand clasp. "That %$#@ing child molester!!!"

<way to go Shinji> Kozo looked at his friend. "Gendo you can't say you never wanted to bed an older woman when you were Shinji's age."

The commander glared at his friend. "That is besides the point. I trusted her with my son. And she violated that trust!" <THAT NASTY SLUT!!!!>

"Well it could have been worse..." the professor said in a comforting tone. "It could have been Ritsuko."

Gendo's jaw dropped. He didn't say anything. No one knew about his relationship with the doctor.

Kozo was a bit startled by Gendo reaction. <what I say?> "How do you think Rei's going to react when she finds out?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei was in an elevator that was descending toward, what one could consider the center of the earth. She was going to the training room where she tested her AT field. She was consumed with rage and she knew that it was going to come out in the form of her divine power. The training room was the only place in Toyko-3 that she could use her powers and it wouldn't be detected by the magi.

As she descended, she remembered finding Shinji's picture of the major with an arrow toward her breast telling Shinji to look at these. Her breathing started to quicken as she watched the light of the outside floors appear and disappear between the crack of the elevator door. Then a lost memory surfaced... It was when she was collecting the souls in her third life.... she remembered when SEELE attacked NERV.... She remembered seeing Shinji and Misato.... Misato giving Shinji... HER SHINJI a very passionate open mouthed kiss.......

The door opened into the training room. In a dazed like state Rei walked into the center of the room. Another memory came.... Misato telling Shinji that that's how adults kiss..... and.....

She narrowed her eyes as she pushed that memory to come to the surface....... She remembered Misato telling Shinji that.... THAT THEY WOULD DO THE REST LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blue haired angel's crimson eyes went ablaze like two infernos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji felt like his arm was going to snap in half if Touji hit him one more time.

"Fine, I'll tell you!!" Shinji cried out in utter pain.

"Bout time, Shin-man" Aida said in an impressed tone. He was surprised that the pilot held out as long as he did.

Touji waited for the confession as he caressed his bruised knuckles.

In a defeated voice, the pilot admitted "It's Misato-san... she was my first."

The third child expected to see a shocked reaction, but instead saw the two biggest skeptics this side of Toyko-3.

"Whatever, Shin-man!" Aida stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"You wish, Ikari!" Touji roughly got off the boy and walked toward the kitchen. "You wish."

Shinji remained laying on the floor. He was almost angry that they didn't believe him. Scratch that he was angry that they didn't believe him! He groggily sat up and yelled. "I have no reason to lie to you!!!"

"You've been saying that for two years Ikari, and you lied every time." Touji scoffed as he returned to his food. "What makes you think that we would believe something as preposterous as that!!"

"I mean really." Aida said with a mouth full of food. "Misato?!? Whatever."

Shinji couldn't believe his ears. They really didn't believe him. He rubbed his arm and winced then glared at his friends "You know what...."

"What?" Suzuhara asked. He could see the rage in his friends eyes.

"F*ck you!"

"Well that's more likely to happen than you f*cking Misato!"

Shinji and Touji looked at Aida with a shocked weird look. They looked as if they just found out something about their friend they wish they never knew.

Kensuke noticed the way his friends were looking at him and yelled "You know what I mean!!"

"What_ever" Shinji shot back to his friend. "But unlike you Kensuke, I like women and I don't swing that way!"

Aida quickly stood up, toppling his seat over, and yelled "Shut the hell up, Shinji!! You know what I meant!!"

"Suuuuure that's what you meant." Touji teased.

Before Aida could retort, the ground - along with everything else - shook as if it were a earthquake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gendo was trapped under his marble desk. The heaviest part was resting on his chest. Fuyutsuki quickly picked himself off the ground and pulled the desk off the commander.

The commander remained laying on the ground. He was in too much pain to move and could tell that some of his ribs were broken.

"Gendo are you ok?"

<do I look like I'm ok!!> Ikari looked up at his friend. "I think Rei already knows about Shinji and Misato."

The 2nd commander was shocked stiff. "You mean that wasn't an earthquake?"

Gendo slowly shook his head no and groaned out. "You and I both know that the headquarters were built not to be affected by even the most damaging of earthquakes .... That was Rei."

Then as if to confirm the commanders words, the alarm that notifies when the Angels arrive in the city went off.

The professor couldn't believe his ears even though he said "She has awakened her powers."

Gendo nodded slowly. He was still lying on the floor in pain. "Kobe-2 will no longer be sufficient to train her. We must find a more secluded location."

Kozo nodded absently. He was still in awe of Rei power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't own anything that deals with Evangelion