Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 18 ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together



Shinji and Rei had just finished brunch, since they missed breakfast due to no food and it being to early for lunch. Now the boy was in the bathroom, gathering their dirty clothes out of the clothes hamper to take to the laundromat.

"Why do you do that?" Rei ask curiously as she watched her boyfriend from the bathroom doorway.

He gave her a confused expression. "Do what?"

"Fold the dirty clothes?" She tilted her head to the side. "Why do you do that?"

He shrugged his shoulders "I dunno... I guess I've always done it. I never really noticed it before." He placed the folded clothes in a cloth bag and put it inside the push cart.

Once he was finished, she asked "Are we ready to go?"

"Not just yet." He smiled warmly at her and walked out of the bathroom, dragging the cart behind him. "We don't want to forget the detergent and the bleach." He placed the cart by the door and went into the kitchen pantry to retrieve those items.

She sat down on the step by the door, put on her shoes, and waited for him. Once she saw him coming toward her, she started to get up. He quickly put the items in the cart and walked back into the bedroom. She sat back down.

"I can't forget my SDAT!" The third child stood on his tippy toes and reached to the top shelf and got it. He turned to face his beloved and smiled warmly. "It can get pretty boring in there if you don't have something to keep yourself busy."

She nodded, even though she had never been to a laundromat before, got up and got her book bag. "I guess I can finish my homework while we are there."

Shinji nodded and got his book bag too.

~~~~~~~~

With much difficulty, Shinji pulled the cart of clothes and detergents down the first flight of steps.

"Shinji, do you always take the clothes down this way?" She asked as she followed behind him.

He grunted a yes and nodded his head as he kept the basket from toppling over and asked between grunts "Why do you ask?"

"No reason really..." She continued to follow as they made their way to the next flight of steps "I was just wondering why you don't use the elevator."

Shinji stopped in mid-motion.

She almost ran into the cart because she didn't expect him to stop so suddenly.

"We have an elevator in this apartment building?" His voice sounded annoyed.

"Yeah" <duh>

"Since when?" Now the third pilot knew that he had explored every inch of this old relic of a building, and not once did he ever find an elevator.

"Since always."

"Always?" He gave her a skeptical expression. "Where?"

"The elevator door is on the fourth and main level floor. The commander ordered it put in after I was injured during my first initial testing with unit 00."

"Because you got hurt?" he asked knowingly.

"Yes." She nodded. "And because I had no desire to stay in the hospital." She started to walk down the stairs. "It was good that it was incorporated into the design of the building, because after I recovered from that incident. I was severely injured when I defeated the third angel."

Shinji remembered. She was still recovering from those injuries when he met her for the first time. He noticed that his girlfriend was almost completely down the flight of steps. "Where are you going?"

She looked up at him. "Downstairs."

"No, don't go that way. I want you to show me where that elevator is." He turned the cart around and dragged it upstairs. It was a lot easier to take things up stairs than down.

Once the two got back to the fourth floor, Rei lead him through the maze of halls to get to the elevator.

Shinji already knew that this building was huge. The apartments were made abnormally small to hold a lot of tenants. He had already been through these halls. Actually, he had been all over this entire building. He explored it on the many days he had by himself.

"We have an elevator!" The third child was truly surprised. "I would have never guessed. Is it functional?"

"Yes."

"I mean... is it safe.. to use....?"

She continued to walk as she turned her head to face him. "Yes."

He kept the pace with her quick fluid motions as he pulled the cart behind him. "Why didn't you tell me it was here. I could have been using it instead of walking up the steps all the time."

She honestly answered. "I thought you had already discovered it when you told me that you explored every inch of this building a while back."

"Well every inch I could get into. Some of the doors were locked." He looked around excitedly as he took the path to memory. "I didn't think that anything behind those locked doors was important... Man was I wrong!"

She didn't respond.

"How come you never use it?"

"I do" she admitted "But only when my injuries prohibit me from using the steps. Other than that I do not mind walking."

<I do> "I think I'm going to use the elevator from now on."

Rei didn't answer. The two stopped at a dead end.

"So where is it?" he asked quizzically.

She gestured to the wall.

Shinji looked at the wall, then to her, then back at the wall, then to her. "There's nothing here!"

She turned to look at him. Shinji noticed a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"It's right here, Shinji" She gestured to the wall again. "Are you telling me you can't see it?" She couldn't hide the mirth in her tone.

Shinji narrowed eyes at his girlfriend. He just realized that she was in one of her rare but very playful moods. "You think you're funny don't you?" He loved when she was like this, but he didn't appreciate being the butt of her joke. He playfully grit his teeth, released the cart and walked to her.

Rei giggled as she backed up, until the wall stopped her escape. Through her giggles she asked. "What?... you can't see it?"

"I'm going to show you what I see... you... you.." He was standing directly in front of her and playfully towered over her. "You Tricker!"

<tricker?.... you're such a nerd> She stifled her laughter and sighed as if she couldn't believe he didn't see it. But she knew he couldn't, it was designed to be hidden. She reached into her back pocket, pulled out her NERV card, and used it to swipe through what looked like a crack in the wall. The wall slid open revealing an elevator.

Shinji was completely surprised. He honestly thought she was tricking him. He was about to walk in when she calmly called out.

"But you can't use it."

He looked at her. "What?... why not?"

"It is mine."

"...." He quirked a brow and yelled. "What?"

"It is only for me." Her voice was calm and serious.

"Excuse me?" He raised both of his brows; he wasn't sure if she was joking or not.

"Like the pool. It is mine.." She could no hold in her laughter, but she continued anyway. "You cannot use it."

He playfully frowned at her; he now knew she was joking. He started to walk in again, but she stopped him by grabbing his wrist and in a very serious tone explained.

"It leads to a secured location, and you are not authorized to go there." She closed the door. "If the doors open at its only destination, and you are in there, you will be immediately shot and killed."

He paled.

She giggled. "Just kidding."

He grit his teeth at her and swooped down and pressed the spot behind her knee. He was going to get her back for tricking him. That spot immobilized her whole body. She bent over by waist, leaned over his shoulder, and cried out in painful laughter "Stop it! You bully."

"No!" He started laughing as well. She sounded so cute. "Not until you tell me where it leads to!" He put more pressure on the spot, making her knees buckle to a point where she couldn't stand up anymore. "I want the truth, Rei-chan!"

Rei was caught in her boyfriends arms before she fell onto the dirty floor, and she yelled in her angelic giggles. "Ok... just please stop!"

A few seconds later, the male pilot relented in his playful assault. They both stood up and looked at each other expectantly. Rei was the first to speak.

"It doesn't lead down stairs." She took a deep breath to calm her breathing. "That's all I can say."

Shinji nodded. Coming from her that was a good enough answer. He started to turn around and leave.

She put her hand up in the stop position. "Actually Shinji... that's all I know... I remember it being put there. I just can't remember why or where it leads to."

"Wanna find out?" the male pilot asked in his best Indiana Jones voice. When her eyes shimmered in fear he took that as a NO, and he realized that they probably would get shot if they ended up some place they weren't authorized to go. "Umm Rei-chan?"

She walked away from him and down the hall. "Hmmm?"

He grabbed the cart and followed. "Why did you show me this?"

When they reached the steps she answered. "At first... when I remembered it, I wasn't sure if it actually existed...... However, once we got there.... I ..had a feeling that it has something to do with you... and me."

His eyes widened a bit. What would something in this building have to do with him. Especially since it was put in here a long time ago. And if it had something to do with him.. how would it have anything to do with Rei?

"But I am not positive in my assumption." With a steady pace she walked down the steps.

"Oh.." He scratched the back of his head "Is it classified... the elevator, I mean?"

<no... I don't think so> She kept her pace down the steps. "I hope not."

When they got down the flight of steps Rei looked at her boyfriend and giggled. "I'm just kidding. Do you want to use the elevator?"

The first pilot tricked her boyfriend a couple more times before he grabbed her and picked her up and carried her into the elevator. He said that they were going to take their chances to where they end up. It ended up going down stairs. It also had two other destinations but Rei said *not* to mess those buttons. He wasn't sure it she was joking or not. It was hard to tell with her. She always keep her voice in such a calm tone. But for now, he believed her.

************************

At the Laundromat.

Rei watched her boyfriend separate the clothes in to there respected piles of white, light and dark clothes. He then put each of the piles in a separate washing machine.

"How long will it take before they are clean?" Rei asked curiously.

He smiled at her naiveté and poured the bleach and detergent in their whites. "About 40 minutes."

She nodded and asked quizzically. "Then we are finished?"

He smiled warmly and shook his head no. "Then we have to wait until they get dried." He gestured to the large machines along the walls.

She looked at them and then to him. "How long will that take?"

"Hmm... about an hour." He poured in the detergent and put the fabric softener ball into the other two machines.

<almost two hours... I have to be here for almost two hours!!> Her crimson eyes narrowed angrily.

Shinji had happened to glance at his beloved just as her eyes narrowed. "Is something wrong, Rei-chan?"

She looked at her love. "And you do this every week?"

He nodded. "It's good that we came early. I usually do it after school, when it's totally packed with people. Some times it takes about 4hrs to get our clothes washed."

Her mouth turned into a full frown. She was not pleased that Shinji had to waist so much time and effort washing their clothes when she had been paying someone to do it for them. Not only that, this laundromat was nowhere near their apartment. She was pissed.

"Is something wrong?" he asked again.

She gave him an unreadable look. "I have a bit of business to conduct, Shinji. Do not worry, I will be back before the clothes are finished being cleaned." She turned around to leave.

The third pilot gently grabbed her hand. "You're going to work?"

She give him a side profile of her face. "No. I have to take care of something." <someone>

He could tell by her tone that she wouldn't tell him what she was going to do even if he asked. "Oh kay.... I'll just wait for you here then." He let her go.

She nodded and walked toward the exit. When she walked out the door, he noticed her reach into her back pocket and take out her phone. His stomach went into a knot. He could tell that she wasn't pleased when she left. He just felt sorry for whoever made her angry. Especially now that she was getting NERV involved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1hr and 35mins later.

Shinji noticed a black NERV issued limousine drive past the laundromat, about a minute later, Rei had walked back through the door with a satisfied smirk on her face. Shinji smiled warmly at her; even though, he was a little worried as to the reason she was in such good spirits.

"Where'd you go Rei-chan?"

"I paid a visit to Mr. Yokomoto."

"Mr. Yokomoto?" he stated quizzically. He didn't know who she was talking about.

"The man I pay to do our laundry."

"Oh." The boy paled. "What did you do to him?"

Her face became unreadable. "Nothing."

He gave her a skeptical expression. But he couldn't read her so he wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not.

She gave him a smirk like his fathers. "I went to get what is rightly yours."

"Hmm?"

She reached into the front pocket of her white jeans and pulled out a thick roll of money and held it out to him.

Shinji's eyes tripled their size. He had never seen that much money in his entire life. "That's not mine!" he yelled honestly.

With a quick delicate movement, she grabbed his hand and put the money in the palm. "This is for services rendered."

He looked at the wad of money in his hand then tried to give it back to her.

She held her hand up in the stop position. "Please do not disrespect me, Shinji."

He nodded. The third child knew it was the ultimate insult to give back a gift. He looked at the money again. "How much is it?"

"$3,457"

His jaw dropped. "How did you get this much money?"

"Mr. Yokomoto gave it to me."

"He just *gave* it to you....?" The third child was finding that a little hard to believe.

"Hai."

"He just gave you over three thousand dollars....?"

"Hai."

He gave her a very skeptical expression. "And you did nothing to him?"

She smiled. She knew that he thought she did something violent to the man. "I didn't touch him, Shinji."

The male pilot's eyes widened "Ummm... what did you do to him then?"

She didn't answer him. She had already given him that answer before.

"It's just that.." he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "we both know that *you* don't have to *touch* someone to harm them."

She leaned back and looked into his worried eyes. "Yes, you are correct, but I assure you, *I* did not harm him."

Shinji paled and his eyes widened. "Who did?"

She sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck and lovingly chimed. "Must we concern ourselves with such trivial matters?"

The pilot of unit 01 hung his head in defeat, until his forehead touched hers. Shaking his head no, he wrapped his arms around her slender waist. He no longer wanted to know what she did. He was afraid to know. This was something he had accepted a long time ago. She was raised by his father.... She had many of the same characteristics as his father... She handled things.... like his father. But he did want to know one thing. He placed his lips by her ear and asked in a very low whisper. "Is Mr Yokomoto still alive?"

Rei debated on how to answer his question for about a minute. She shook her head no.

Shinji's head fell to her shoulder, then froze with shock. As his face rested at the nap her neck, he heard her giggle.

"I'm just kidding, Shinji." She gently ran her fingers through his brown hair. "You are so gullible."

His head shot up and he playfully glared at her "Me?!... How am I supposed to know when you're not being serious! It's not like I can tell by your voice!"

She playfully glared at his comment. She couldn't help the way she spoke.

He continued his rant. "Anyways, its not like you've ever lied to me before..... until today!" He placed his forehead on hers again. "So how was I supposed to know you weren't telling the truth?"

"I wasn't lying!" she said calmly yet defensively. "I was being a tricker! Anyways, if I did dispose of Mr. Yokomoto, that information would be classified. I would not have even brought him up."

Shinji wasn't sure if her answer was comforting or not. But he accepted her, so he accepted it. He sighed dejectedly. "Well, I'm done here. Ready to go?"

She nodded and released her embrace. The first child grabbed his hand and walked beside him as he pulled the cart. "Are you mad?"

"At you?" He gave her a warm smile and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Never."

Rei smiled back. She was glad he didn't press the issue, and that he didn't try to chastise her because of his assumption. In actuality all she did was show up at the Yokomoto Cleaners. When the man saw her, he was terrified because he knew that she was above the law *and* because he also had heard rumors of people *disappearing* when they crossed NERV employees. He had ran to the back of the store and got the money to give back to her. He even gave her a little extra.

"Shinji.."

"Hmm?" He raised his brow.

"He really did give me the money."

He nodded. He really wanted to drop this subject. He saw the limousine, so he figured that since Rei didn't harm the man, then NERV agents did.

She continued as they walked. "Without incident.... Mr. Yokomoto was left unharmed."

Shinji gave her a surprised happy look and admitted honestly. "That's good to know!"

She nodded. "I figured it would be important for you to fully understood that."

He nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got home and put the clothes away, Rei wanted to do her homework. Shinji didn't want to, but he figured that he could catch up as well as study for the test he was supposed to have taken today. The work load she pulled out of her book bag was outrageous. Seven chapters in history, five chapters in trig, and a report on the second impact. She said she had already finished the rest of her assignments required by their classes. Shinji thought she would be doing homework the whole day. This was not how he wanted to spend her day off. He was depressed. That is... until she began. She read and turned the pages so quickly they looked like a blur. The questions she had to answer at the end of the chapters were finished without difficulty. And she finished her 15 page report on the second impact in about twenty minutes. He had never seen anyone type so fast in his life. He even read though it. It was precise and concise. Nothing short of work done by a genius. She was done with everything within 1 hr.

"WOW!!" Shinji was totally amazed.

She gave him a curious look.

He was at a loss for words. That was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. No wonder his dad chose her to help him on whatever she was helping him with.

"Are you finished, Shinji?"

He shook his head no. He was too busy watching her.

"Do you want me to help you?"

"I think I'm ok."

She nodded. She looked around the kitchen , sighed and stood up. She walked over to the pantry and took out some spices, then to the fridge and took out some eel for Shinji's dinner.

"What are you doing, Rei-chan?"

"I'm going to start on your dinner while you do your homework."

"Oh." He went back to his task at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an hour, she was finished cooking.

Shinji noticed the mess and cringed. He started to get up to clean the kitchen, but she held her hand in a stop position.

"I will clean the kitchen." She ran the water to wash the dishes. "Please continue with your studies."

He quirked a brow. This was different. Not that she never cleaned, which she didn't, but they had an agreement that she cooked and he cleaned. It worked out great because she never cleaned good enough to appease him anyway.

However, today was different. Rei's cleaning pleased him, then it impressed him. She did everything he did and more. She cleaned the corners of the floor and underneath the baseboards , mopped, pulled out the stove, with his help, and cleaned behind it, by herself. She cleaned behind the fridge. She even reorganized the pantry and cabinets, labeling each shelf and turning all labels on the cans face forward.

Once she was finished, she gave Shinji a brilliant smile.

He looked dumbfounded and teased "Ok ..who are you, and what have you done with my Rei-chan?"

She walked over to him and lightly hit him on the arm. "Ha_ha very funny, Shinji."

He grabbed her wrist and in one swift movement, he had her sitting on his lap. He took his fingers and gently tugged on her earlobe and looked in her ear. "Are you in there, Rei-chan?"

She smiled and shook her head no.

He put his finger on the tip of her nose, pushed it up, and looked in her nostrils. "Are you in there Rei-chan?"

She batted his hand away and giggled. "Nope. She's in my mouth."

The boy smiled. "Well I guess I better go and get her." He put in finger under her chin, turned at her face to his, and kissed her lightly. "Are you back?"

She shook her head no.

"Then I guess I better try harder." He kissed her again. This time passionately.

When he pulled back Rei was smiling dreamily, and shook her head no when he asked her if she was back. This went on for about ten minutes until Shinji teased..

"Rei-chan, you're still not back?"

She shook her head no, closed her eyes and made her mouth ready for another kiss.

He didn't kiss her instead he said "You know.. whoever you are...."

The first child opened her crimson eyes.

Shinji continued in a seductive chime. "I'm beginning to think that my Rei-chan is not in your mouth.."

A libidinous twinkle was in her eyes as she playfully touched her chin and tilted her head to the side. "You know.. I think you are correct."

His smile broadened, and he asked. "Do you think.... that maybe...." He turned beet red. He couldn't finish his sentence.

But Rei could. ".... I got my *lips* confused?"

Shinji turned an even deeper shade of red and nodded. Sometimes Rei would surprise him with her boldness.

"Yes, I think you are correct, Shinji." She got off his lap and started walking toward the bed.

Shinji followed closely.. until the door bell rang. <dammit to hell!>

"Ignore it, Shinji." Rei commanded softly as she sat on the edge of the bed.

The third child was going to take her advice, then the door bell started to ring in a lot of short annoying rings. Then to top it off, the person at the door started banging on the door and yelling.

"I know you're in there Shin-man so let *us* in!"

"*Us?!*" Shinji was about to walk to the door when Rei grabbed his wrist. He looked back at her.

She shook her head no and said softly "Ignore it."

Shinji looked into her beautiful eyes. They were pleading for him to come back to her and give her her favorite kind of satisfaction. He walked back to the bed and gave her a passionate kiss, as he laid himself on top of her.

BANG BANG BANG RING RING BANG RING BANG RING BANG RING!!!!

"Were not leaving, Ikari!" Touji yelled as Aida assaulted the door and bell. "So you might as well let us in!"

"%$*^%*&^!!!"

Shinji looked at is girlfriend with wide eyes. He didn't know what language that was, but he knew that what she YELLED was profanity. He swallowed hard then asked her "Do you want me to get it?"

She glared at the door and listened to the noise his friends continued to make and reluctantly answered "Yes, or else they may never stop."

Shinji slowly got off of her and walked toward the door as he grumbled a couple of curses himself. He angrily opened the door and growled "What do you guys want?"

Aida was in mid knock and his finger was still on the bell. Touji's eyes widened. Both boys were taken back by Shinji's anger.

They peered over his shoulder and looked into the apartment. They saw Ayanami sitting on the bed with the same annoyed glare as her boyfriend. Suzuhara and Kensuke blushed.

"Were we interrupting something?" Touji asked in a perverted chime.

Shinji blushed and became embarrassed "Uhh... n..n..no"

"Suuure we weren't" Touji teased.

Kensuke knew Shinji was lying too, but he didn't want to leave. He had questions about what really happened last night. So instead of leaving the two love birds alone, he pushed passed the pilot of unit 01, walked into the apartment, and said "Good, then you won't mind us hanging out here for a while."

Shinji's eyes tripled their size, then quadrupled when Touji pushed passed him and walked in. Shinji spun around and raked his hands through his hair as he gave a distressed look at Rei.

Rei felt like she could have ripped those two a new one, but her face did not show it.

However, Shinji could tell by the shimmers in her eyes that she was pissed.

After kicking off his shoes, Kensuke walked into the kitchen with his bottomless pit of a stomach. "Mmmmm smell good in here."

Touji followed after kicking off his shoes.

Rei just looked at the boys as if the two had lost their god given mind. Then she glared her boyfriend.

Shinji could read the shimmers in her eyes. They were saying WHAT THE *$%^#!!!! The third child held up his hands in front of his chest and silently mouthed "I'll handle it" When Shinji walked into the kitchen he saw his friends eating his dinner. A big vein popped out on his forehead. "What do you guys want?"

Touji answered with a mouthful of food. "Basketball... It Friday."

"I don't want to play today!"

Kensuke turned to face him and asked knowingly. "Why?"

Shinji whipped his hand in Rei's direction. His facial expression screamed his mental words <duh>

The two boys looked at Ayanami, giving her their best innocent face.

"Oh.." Kensuke said. "That's ok. We'll just stay here then."

Both Shinji and Rei mentally screamed <WHAT!!!!!>

Touji laughed because he noticed the love birds' distressed facial expression. Especially Rei's, he had only seen her display her emotions a few times.

Shinji roughly raked his hands through his hair and turned to face his beloved and mouthed "I'm sorry." He knew that there was no way to get them to leave.

Kensuke put a chunk of eel in his mouth and asked. "What really happened last night? The news said that it was an error due to the earthquake... but we all know the magi doesn't make errors...." He could tell by the looks the two pilots were giving him, he wasn't going to find out the truth. But it never hurt to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys ended up staying for a couple of hours. Once the first and third pilot's *mood* passed, they were actually enjoying Aida's and Touji's company.

They were all in the bedroom. Rei and Shinji were sitting on the bed. Touji and Kensuke had brought in the kitchen chairs and they were all sitting around, talking and making jokes. Well not Rei. She hadn't said a word, but she was enjoying herself just the same.

Rei quickly realized why Asuka called them the three stooges. They acted absolutely retarded when they were around each other. She didn't mind though. She loved to see Shinji happy. And though no one beside Shinji could tell, she found all of their humor very entertaining.

Shinji looked at his beloved and smiled warmly. He was glad that she liked his friends.

"So why aren't you with Hikari, Touji?" the third child asked curiously.

"She's been acting weird lately." He bitterly scoffed. "Probably PMS. So I gave some alone time."

The boys laughed. Rei just shook her head.

"I'm lucky" Shinji exclaimed as he wrapped his arm around Rei's shoulders and gave a her a squeeze. "Rei-chan never gets PMS."

Touji looked at Rei with awe and Shinji with a hint of jealousy.

"Maybe she's not suffering from PMS..." Aida teased. "Maybe she's pregnant. You two do have sex on a regular basis."

Shinji and Rei looked at Touji with wide eyes.

"Shut the hell up!" Suzuhara quickly yelled out. "Don't even joke like that!"

Kensuke began to laugh at his friends distress. "I'm just joking. Sheesh!"

"Well that's not funny!" Touji growled.

"You know... " Kensuke continued his mirth clearly audible. "If she *were* pregnant that means you two would have to get married."

Shinji and Rei looked at the boy again.

"I said shut the hell, Kensuke!!" He stood up and towered over his friend.

Aida put his hands up in a scared fashion. "Okay, ok ...fine Hikari's not pregnant!! Sheesh!"

Touji took a deep breath to calm his anger then sat back down.

Rei noticed the look on the boys face.. he looked worried.

"Speaking of marriage!" Kensuke turned his taunts to the couple in front of him. "Shin-man.. when are you going to make an honest woman out of Ayanami?

Both of the teens on the bed turned beet red and their eyes tripled their size.

Both Aida and Suzuhara laughed.

"W..w..we are not having sex!" Shinji said in an unconvincing voice.

"Yeah right!" Aida laughed out.

"We are not having sex, Aida-kun." Rei said in a third commander type tone.

The two boys stopped laughing immediately, and everyone looked at her. They were all surprised that her soft voice could convey so much authority. Especially Shinji. He had heard rumors that she was going to become the third commander of NERV, but he could never imagine his frail, soft-spoken Rei-chan as being able to wield so much authority. He thought she was too delicate. He now realized that he was wrong.

"Yes ma'am" Kensuke said in a subordinate type tone. He thought he offended his commanding officer.

Rei nodded. She wasn't upset but she didn't like Shinji being called a liar. Nor did she want to be thought of as a nasty woman.

Touji arched a brow <what's that all about?>

Shinji could tell that Touji was going to ask what was going on between Aida and Rei so he intervened. "Well.... I was going to bring up the subject of marriage later... but since you brought it up..." He looked lovingly at his beloved. "I would love to marry you, if you'll have me."

She gave him a warm smile. "Shinji.. you didn't even have to ask."

He smiled, leaned closer to her, and gave her a tender kiss, which she returned.

"Ugh!" Aida grabbed his stomach, got up, and mocked a barfing action. "I think I'm gonna be sick!"

"Man, you're not the only one!" Touji said as he stood up too. He looked at the two love birds, who where still kissing. "Shinji, what happened to you?"

The two on the bed broke their kiss and stared at the fleeing figures who were walking toward the door.

"BEEEEEEEEEP... flatline. " Aida teased as he put on his shoes and he looked up at Touji. "We lost him, man."

Suzuhara nodded in agreement and gave Shinji a disappointed shake of the head before he walked out the door. Aida quickly followed.

Shinji looked at Rei and smiled. "If I knew that's all I had to do to get rid of them, I would of done that hours ago."

The first child tilted her head to the side. "So you weren't serious?" Her facial expression was unreadable

His eyes widened. "About marriage?"

She didn't respond.

But he knew the answer. "Yes.. I was serious."

She nodded "Good" and got up.

He grabbed her wrist and sheepishly asked. "So do you want to pick up where we left off?"

She gave him a side profile of her face. "I am no longer in the mood."

He seemed to deflate and he mentally cursed his friends.

She pulled her wrist out of his grasp. "Do you want to go to the park?"

The third child sighed and nodded. He really didn't want to go but what else could he do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got back home it was about 10pm. They had stayed in the park way past sunset. Rei had showed him a water fountain in a part of the park that he had not been to. It was a large orchid that was beautifully lit up with different color lights. It was absolutely gorgeous. They stayed there, talked and kissed. If felt like a date.

When they got home Shinji had realized something. He and Rei had never been on a date! It was something that they skipped because they were already living together. He smirked at his cleverness. He had an idea.

Rei was the first one to take a shower. Shinji went to the kitchen and straightened up the mess that the four made when they ate dinner together. By the time she was finished, Shinji was finished with his task as well.

When the first child left the bathroom, the third went in to take his shower. When he was finished, he dried off and put on a pair of boxers. He noticed Rei lying on her side, she looked like she was about two seconds before she was going to be completely asleep. Before he got to his air bed, Shinji made a decision. He tightly pressed his eyes shut and ....crawled into Rei's bed. When his head hit her pillow she twisted and turned to face him and groggily asked.

"What are you doing?"

In a small sheepish voice Shinji admitted "Going to sleep." He knew she wasn't in the mood and he wasn't trying to make her. He just wanted be close to her. Like they were last night. He loved waking up having her in his arms.

She slowly blinked her eyes in a sleepy fashion and sighed out groggily. "Why are you in my bed?"

In an even smaller voice, he said "to sleep....?"

"Shinji,... this bed is not big enough for two...." Her eyes fluttered sleepily. "It's a twin..." She weakly held up one finger and shook it in the air. "meaning one........ person....."

He nodded and was about to go to his bed but was stopped when she continued...

"So if you fall off the bed..." She returned to lying on her side. "don't blame me."

He smiled a toothy smile and embraced her spoon style and both teens fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't own any thing that deals with Evangelion...

I'm going somewhere with all this waffy stuff, I promise. ^_~ Anyway I love to see them soo kawaii.