Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 19 ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together







Now it is said that the average person moves about 32 times during an average night's sleep. Unfortunately for the male pilot, his beloved is not the average person.

Shinji lovingly held his beloved in a loose embrace as they both slept. Both were sleeping peacefully until..

~slap~

Shinji's eyes shot wide open. Slowly, he reached to his now sore cheek and gently peeled Rei's arm off his face. She had turned, in his embrace, and stretched her arms spread eagle. Once he moved her hand and gently placed it on her flat tummy, he lifted his head and looked at his beloved. The moon light illuminated her beautiful face. She was dead to the world. He laid his back on the pillow and snuggled himself closer to her. About a minute later, he heard her let out a small whine right before she curled herself into the fetal position.

Now there really wasn't enough room for both of them in that bed in the first place, so for her to be in that position was completely out of the question. But Shinji loved her dearly, so he scooted closer to the edge so that she would be comfortable. A few minutes later, Rei moved again. This time she was laying on her side facing him. She was also in the middle of the bed.

Shinji looked at her and quirked a brow. He never knew she moved so much. Then again, he would be asleep too, in his own bed. <but she didn't move this much last night did she?... no..> He figured that it was because she was completely exhausted from working so many weeks straight, using her powers, and the exertion of their heavy petting session. He scooted closer to her, so he wouldn't fall of the bed.

About five minutes later, he heard the first child sleepily mumble that she was hot and then sit straight up in the bed.

Shinji's eyes opened wide as he watched his beloved in the moon light.

Rei was still asleep as she went through the motions of unhinging her bra and taking off her panties. Once she unceremoniously through them on the floor, she then flopped back on her back as if she was the only person in the bed.

Shinji's eyes tripled in size as he watched that back of her blue mop of hair come crashing toward his face. He was barely able move his head off her pillow in time to escape injury. He sat up in the bed and gave her a distressed looked. But her serene, sleeping face calmed him immediately. He laid back beside her.

For about thirty minutes Rei was still, and Shinji had just begun to feel safe enough to go to sleep when..

Rei sat up in the bed. She sat there for about a minute then leaned forward and rested her head at the foot of the bed.

Her change of position now meant that her feet would be where her head should be and vice versa.

The third pilot caught her tiny foot mere inches from his face right before she kicked him on mistake. Shinji had just realized something.... Rei was a wild sleeper. Shinji had a decision to make. He could go back to his own bed and have a peaceful nights sleep, or he could take his chances in this one..... The pilot thought long and hard about it.. He took a deep breath, sat up in the bed, and leaned forward and rested his head by hers. He was going to take his chances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early that morning,

Rei woke up refreshed. Shinji... well he was haggard. Rei had pushed him out of the bed *twice*, neither time did she wake up when he hit the floor. Shinji ended up pushing his mattress up against the bed so if it happened again, at least he would fall on something soft. She moved like _every_ five_ minutes into positions that put him in awkward ones. He couldn't even remember how many times he was slapped by her by mistake. And if that wasn't enough, she was a bed hog, for she only wanted to sleep in the middle of the bed. Every time he tried to move her to a side, she nudged her way back to the middle. The third child came to the conclusion that if an average person moved 32 times a night, his beloved was definitely not average. For she moved about 72 times. Most likely more.

Rei rested her head on her boyfriend's chest and looked lovingly at him. Her crimson eyes sparkled as proof to her good night's sleep.

Shinji embraced her and caressed her back. He was half sleep. He wanted to be *whole* sleep ^_~ He was tired. Very very tired. His eyes were blood shot.

"Are you ready to get up?" she asked sweetly.

Shinji slowly shook his head no, and whispered. "Tired." He closed his eyes to get some much needed rest.

"How could you be tired? You just had a whole night's sleep."

He slowly opened one eye and looked at her <*you* might of gotten some sleep, but *I* didn't!!> He didn't respond to her comment. Instead he tightened his embrace on her to give her a hug and closed his eye to get some sleep.

The first child remained in his embrace for about one more minute, then she started tapping on his sternum. She was bored, and she needed something to do. "Are you hungry? Do you want me to cook you breakfast?"

Shinji slowly shook his head and groggily whispered. "Tired."

She sighed, waited about one more minute then pulled out of his embrace.

The third child sleepily opened his eyes and looked at his beloved. She was sitting on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head, then looked at him. "How did I become naked?" Her voice did not accuse him; it was genuinely curious.

He smiled at her and appreciated the view. "You took off your bra and panties while you were sleeping."

She nodded, <it wouldn't be the first time> got up and went to the kitchen. She got a peach from the fridge and walked back to the bed to eat it.

Shinji was too tired to stare at her eat that peach in the buff. He knew that all it would do is turn him on, and he was too tired to follow through on those lusty desires. He was just glad that she was truly back to her old self and saw absolutely no sin in her nudity. He closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little more than seven hours later, Shinji woke up. Their small apartment smelled of so many things that it choked him.

The third child slowly sat up in the bed, and roughly rubbed his eyes as he tried to completely wake up. When he opened his eyes, he was complete taken aback. He had always kept the apartment immaculate but it seemed that Rei even surpassed him.

The first thing he noticed were the walls. They were chrome, brushed chrome. So that meant that they always had dull gray appearance. Now they looked like *polished silver*. From the bed Shinji could see his reflection on the adjacent wall.

He looked into the kitchen. He could see that there was a bunch of meals cooked. Some were still in pots cooling off. Some were in containers. But even though Rei cooked, the kitchen was clean. The cherry wood floors were also waxed and so shiny that Shinji knew that to walk on them, with socks on, would be a death trap.

"Ummm Rei-chan?"

A grunted "Yes" came from under the bed.

Shinji looked side to side and saw her legs and feet poking out from under the bed. The pilot then leaned over the other side of the bed until he could see her face. There was his beloved with a sponge, waxing the floorboards under the bed, by hand! "What are doing?"

"Waxing the floor."

He got off the bed and grabbed her ankles and pulled her from under the bed. He noticed that she was cleaning in her *house shorts* and a white V-neck T-shirt. "Why?... why are you doing it by hand?"

"It looks better" she answered honestly as she sat on her knees and looked up at him.

He looked at the sparkling floor. "Are you telling me you waxed the whole floor by hand?"

She nodded.

He quickly crouched down in front of her, looked deep into her crimson eyes, and said seriously. "Ok who are you and where is *REI*?!"

She rolled her eyes as she slowly stood up, and started to walk away from him.

He grabbed her wrist and turned her around. He stood up, and put his hand on her forehead. "Are feeling ok, Rei-chan?"

She pressed her prefect lips together, narrowed her eye, and she peeled his hand off her forehead. "I'm fine Shinji."

"Are you sure?"

"....."

He noticed her irritated glare. "I..I.. mean... you've never cleaned before... well not since the first time and yesterday... you also cooked .." He glanced at the kitchen "...I think you've already cooked our whole week's worth of food... and.."

She interrupted him when she sighed and gently plopped on the bed.

The third child looked down at her and noticed his beloved's dejected demeanor. He sat next to her. "Tell me what's wrong, Rei." He was really worried. She was acting so unlike herself.

Rei looked at him and was about to tell him, but stopped before she uttered a word when she saw the barely visible bruises on his face. "Did I do this to you?" She gently caressed his face and the bruises.

Shinji knew what she was talking about. She *did* do them, last night when she was sleeping. He was about to lie and tell her no, but he knew that would piss her off. She hated being lied to. So instead he took her hand in his, kissed her palm and warmly said. "It's nothing. So don't worry yourself about it."

She bit her bottom lip, looked away from him and admitted "It's because I have nothing to do."

"Hmm?" He forked his brow quizzically.

She turned back to him. "I get fidgety when I have nothing to do."

He nodded. "Is that why you don't take days off?"

"That's why I didn't take days off before you moved in" she admitted calmly. "Now_ I am too far behind in my work."

As fast as she did her homework, the boy couldn't imagine her running behind in any type of paper work. But he knew it was true because she never lied. He nodded.

She looked intensely at his bruises. "I am sorry, Shinji."

"Don't worry about it" he lovingly whispered and kissed her lips. "I could have went into my own bed if I wanted to."

She nodded, but she still felt really guilty.

He gave her another reassuring kiss and put his forehead on hers. "Rei-chan."

She looked into his eyes.

He blushed and continued. "Last night I realized something..."

She didn't respond.

"You and I... We've never been on a date...."

She didn't respond.

He leaned back and held her hands in his. "Would you like to go out..."

She quirked a brow. "Now?"

He started blushing heavily. "I mean.. would you... may I take you out on a date?" By the way she looked at him, the third child just knew she was going to say what's the point, or ask why.

Rei smiled. Her boyfriend looked so nervous. As if this was the first time they were ever going to do something together, or if he was afraid that she would say no...... <don't tell me *that's* what your afraid of Shinji?>

Shinji looked at his love with wide eyes. <Rei-chan would you please just answer the question! I'm having a heart attack here!> He was preparing himself for his idea to be shot down.

"Yes" She smiled warmly. "I would love to go on a date, Shinji."

He gave her a happy grin and kissed her. Inwardly he chastised himself for expecting her to react to his suggestion as Asuka would.

"Where are we going?"

"Ummm...." He bit his bottom lip and thought about it. "How about a dinner and a movie?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Good!" He quickly stood up. "I'll pick you up at seven!" and walked toward the bathroom to take a shower.

"Huh?" She quirked a brow in a confused manner.

He turned to face her. "Our date... I'll pick you up at seven..." He saw that she still looked confused. "What? Do you want me to pick you up earlier?"

"Pick me up from where, Shinji?"

Now it was his turn to looked confused. He used both of his hands to gesture to the apartment.

"So you mean we will leave at seven?" she clarified.

"Nooo" He smiled warmly. "I'm going to pick you up at seven.... After I take my shower, I'm leaving to make sure that this night is perfect. I'll be back at seven to pick you up for our date."

She gave him a blank expression. "I will go with you."

The third child walked over to her and sat back on the bed. "Rei-chan, this is our first date. I want it to be special." He cupped her cheek in his hand and whispered lovingly. "I want to do it right."

She saw the seriousness and love radiating in his eyes. She gave him a warm smile and nodded. "I will see you at seven."

Shinji nodded, got up and walked to the bathroom.

Rei scooted back on the bed, glanced at his alarm clock ,then look toward the bathroom and watched her boyfriend brush his teeth. <what am I supposed to do until then?>

*********************

Shinji whistled as he walked out the elevator in Kensuke's apartment building. He had already went by Touji's place, but he wasn't there. His little sister said that he had already went to Hikari's. <figures... he's so whipped> The male pilot chuckled mentally as he pressed the doorbell.

A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Shin-man, what brings you by?"

Without being invited, Shinji walked into his friends home. "I'm taking Rei-chan out on date. I want it to be special, so I need you to help me find the perfect place to take her."

"A date?" Kensuke closed his door and followed his friend to his room. "Aren't you two passed that point in your relationship?"

The pilot didn't respond.

"I mean... the only reason for a *date* is to obligate the girl to 'give it up.' You're already getting some, so why waste your money?"

The third child gave his friend a side profile of his face and teased "See, that's why you don't have a girlfriend" and continued to his room.

Aida scowled and growled. "Shut up, Shinji!"

When they got into the room, Shinji sat in the boys bean bag chair. "I want to take her to the best restaurant in town." As he made himself comfortable, he remembered " Oh ...and I also need to know what movies are playing."

Aida nodded, sat at his computer and started pulling up a list of restaurants and the menus of each.

~~~~~~~~~~~

About 30 minutes later

"I can't believe not one of these places serve vegetarian meals!" the third child yelled in a distressed voice.

"What are you talking about? There's no meat in this one!" Aida pointed at one of the vegetable dishes at the Stomita restaurant.

"It has egg in it" the pilot informed.

Kensuke shrugged his shoulders. "So..."

"So, she can't eat it!"

"She can't eat egg?"

Shinji growled in a smart alick tone. "It's in the meat group isn't it?!"

"Yeah.. but its not a *real meat*..."

"Then what is it?" The third child asked in a smart alick tone.

"......"

"Just trust me...." Shinji raked his fingers through hair as he remembered that awful memory of poisoning her. "She can't eat eggs!"

Kensuke picked up another menu that was thrown on the floor. "This has vegetarian meals."

Shinji took a look at the menu and shook his head. "Rei _can't eat that either.."

"Are you serious?" Aida forked his brow quizzically. "What is she... Vegen?"

"Man....." The boy plopped back in the bean bag chair and raked his hand over his face. "She's the ultimate Vegen!"

Making this day perfect wasn't going to be as easy as he hoped.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rei was in the apartment. It had been about two hours since Shinji left. She had nothing to do. She had already finished cleaning the apartment. As she laid on the bed she thought about all the work she *could* be doing. <sigh> All the first child wanted to do was go to NERV and finish her work. But she couldn't. She was forbidden by the commander. He forced her to take these days off. <three days off...... and three weeks until Shinji's birthday....> She figured that she would be leaving on Sunday for about three weeks and these days were her days off. She would be working for three weeks straight. <and the commander said that he was going to make my training more difficult because he thought he was taking it to easy on me ..... just $&%&*ing great>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji and Aida decided to call the restaurants. They hoped that the chefs could prepare something special for Rei. They didn't even fathom that they need a reservation (in advance) to eat at the best restaurants in town. So when they couldn't even get a table for them to eat at, ensuring that Rei had something to eat was the least of their problems.

Shinji had his elbows on his knees, and his face cupped in his hands. "This is turning out to be a disaster!!"

They had called almost every restaurant on the list. The ones he didn't need the reservation for wouldn't cook anything special to compliment his girlfriend's finicky diet.

"Shinji, calm down!" Kensuke tried to be comforting as he called the next number on the list. "We still have a couple more to go."

About the a minute later Aida was on the last number.

"Well, we could always make the reservation in your dad's name."

Shinji's head whipped up. "Are you stupid?!!"

"Hey!" Kensuke help up his hands in a playful defense. "It's just a suggestion... I mean, you don't have to say you're the commander... all you have to do is make it in the name Ikari." Aida could see that he gave his friend an idea. "Anyways, It's not a lie... you are an Ikari."

"You're right!" Shinji perked up with new determination, grabbed his phone and started dialing the last number. "I *am* an Ikari!!" The pilot put the phone to his ear "(he listened ).....Yes I would like to make a reservation ....(he listened) ...Tonight.... (he listened to them tell him that is not possible... he interrupted)... I would like to make it in the name Ikari..." Shinji gave his friend a cheesy smile and the thumbs up.

Kensuke did the same.

"Uhhh.... no ...Not in the name commander Ikari.. (he listened) ..Shinji Ikari... I'm his son...... (he listened.) .... no he won't be joining me..... (he listened and lowered his head in defeat.) ..... Well... I understand...."

Aida scooted to the edge of his seat. "What's going on Shin-man?"

As Shinji listened to yet another rejection, he whispered to his friend. "They said no... Rei-chan is going to be so disappointed." Then the person on the phone said something. "Yes... (he listened) Yes I'm talking about Rei Ayanami.... (he listened)..... You will?.... (he listened; his eyes widened in surprised) For real?..... (he listened)... Thank you... (he listened, he was being thanked as well) No, really, thank you .... Oh, before I forget... Rei-chan has a special diet... (he was interrupted) ..Wow you have a special menu just for her? ( he listened) Yes... make the reservation for ...ummm... 7:30. (he listened) No really thank *you*.. Ja'ne"

~click~

Shinji leaned back in the chair with a very pleased smirk on his face. He was feeling really good about himself.

Kensuke gave his friend a shocked look. "Do you know what just happened here?"

"Yeah." <duh> He rested his hands behind his head. "I just got Rei and me a reservation at the best restaurant in town."

"Nooo" Kensuke stressed. "Ayanami just got you two a reservation at the best restaurant in town."

The third child thought about his friends words, and he was right! All he had to do was mention Rei's name and they guy was practically begging for him to eat there. Shinji gave a stern look at his friend and said "Give me one of those numbers we already called again. I want to see something!"

Aida complied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 10 minutes later

Shinji had called every restaurant on the list that had earlier refused to serve him. However, this time he informed them that his name was Ikari, once he found out that they didn't care, he informed them that he was going to be in the company of one Rei Ayanami. Then he got immediate service, and butt kissing, apologizes and thank-you's. All of them even had a *special menu* made just for her and a *special table*.

"Shin-man."

Shinji hung up his phone. He was completely dumbfounded. These people regarded Rei as if she was the commander himself. He looked absently at his friend.

Aida continued "How much do you know about Rei?"

He shook head and shrugged his shoulders. "Only what she's told me."

He gave a knowing look. "And that's not much, is it?"

"I *thought* she told me everything." Shinji scratched the back of his head. "I guess she forgot a few things."

"You guess?" Kensuke gave the pilot a skeptical, sarcastic expression.

The third child narrowed his eyes at his friend and playfully growled "Shut the hell up, Aida"

~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the third child had picked out a place to eat, the only thing left to do was to pick out a movie. He and Kensuke debated over what would be the best one to take her to. They couldn't agree. But they did finally realize that they were only debating over guy movies, and that they need a female's opinion to what the best chick flick was... or at least a guy who has been whipped into going to them.

Shinji rang Hikari's doorbell. Kensuke patiently stood behind him. Neither one of the boys thought anything was wrong with the idea of going to someone's house to talk and hang out with someone who didn't live there. They didn't even fathom that *maybe* they weren't wanted.

Hikari's little sister answered the door. "Hi Shinji." She fluttered her eyes and in her best little girl seductive voice chimed "Heeelllooo Kensuke-chan!"

Aida rolled his eyes. If it weren't for Touji always being over here, he wouldn't touch this place with a 100ft pole. Hikari's little sister was soo annoying.

Shinji patted her on the head and walked passed her into the house. When Kensuke walked in, the little girl latched onto his arm with a death grip and called out

"TOUJI!! SHINJI AND KENSUKE-CHAN ARE HERE TO SEE YOU!!!!"

As the boys went to their usual seats in the living room, they heard Hikari yell from upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Touji-chan!"

He answered "Yes sweetness?"

"What the hell is wrong with your friends?" she screamed. "This is not even your house!!"

"I don't know" he admitted meekly.

"I mean really!!! We can't even be alone anymore?!" Hikari screamed. "Whenever we finally get some time together, your two stooges come along!!"

"Sweetness, they can hear you."

"I don't give a flying f*ck!!!" She yelled even louder. "It's not like they're going to leave!"

~~~~~~~

Shinji and Aida sat comfortably in their usual seats and looked up at the ceiling, her room was above them, then gave each other innocent glances and silently mouthed as they pointed to themselves "Is she talking about us?"

~~~~~~~~~

"I swear Touji-chan, Shinji is now with Ayanami!! He wanted to be with her so damn much... then he needs to start spending time with her!!! And stop hanging around us all the time!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kensuke pointed at the pilot of unit 01 and laughed. "It looks like she *was* talking about you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She continued. "Everyday!! Every_ f*cking _day he comes over and hangs around us!! What the hell is his problem?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kensuke laughed louder.

Shinji poked out his bottom lip, crossed his arms and pouted <it's not my fault Rei-chan works all the time!!!> He quickly got tired of his friends laughter. Shinji leaned forward in his seat and yelled. "Shut the hell up, Kensuke!!"

That outburst only made Aida laugh harder. Until...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And don't let me even get started on Kensuke!!" Hikari screamed. "What is he GAY?!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it was Shinji turn to laugh at Aida.

Kensuke looked really hurt by her comment. "I_ am_ NOT_ GAY!!!"

~~~~~~~~~

She continued. "He needs to get a girlfriend!! And stop hanging around us so f*cking much!! That is... if he can find anyone who would want his perverted GEEK @$$!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji was laughing so hard his sides hurt.

Hikari's little sister put her hand on Aida's shoulder. The boy looked dejectedly at her. She spoke sweetly.

"I'd want your perverted geek @$$"

If that statement was supposed to make him feel better, it did the exact opposite. Ten fold.

Shinji laughed harder, almost falling out of his seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetness." Suzuhara pleaded. "Please lower your voice. They can probably hear you."

"I already told you!! I_don't_ give_ a _ f*ck!!!" She yelled back. "It's not like they're going to get the hint! I swear, it's like when all of you come within 25 ft of each other, you all share ONE f*cking brain!!"

~~~~~~~~~

Shinji looked at Kensuke. "Do you think she's mad at us?"

Aida shook his head no. "Nahh" and reached to get some more of the candies in the candy dish. "Remember" He popped some in his mouth. "She has PMS."

"Oh yeah" Shinji nodded as he plopped some candy in his mouth. He looked up at the ceiling again and listened to her rant for about 5 more minutes then looked at Kensuke and said "She sure does use f*ck a lot!"

Aida laughed and nodded in agreement.

Both boys no longer took offense or regard to anything else she said *or* continued to rant about (for the next hour). They wrote off her behavior as being irrational on the account of her female hormones being out of whack.

Shinji looked over at Aida, who was doing his best to ignore Hikari's little sister, and said "I'm soo glad my Rei-chan doesn't get PMS."

***********

When Hikari finally walked down the steps, her demeanor had changed considerably. She even gave the two stooges a warm smile. Shinji and Kensuke sat comfortably in their usual seat and smiled back. They were totally oblivious to the fact that behind that sweet smile, the class rep was actually glaring rusty daggers at them in hopes that they got mental tetanus.

Touji solemnly walked behind her. When his friends glanced at him, he brought his first finger to his ear and started making circles as if telling them that she was crazy.

Like idiots, Shinji and Kensuke laughed and nodded in agreement.

In a flash, Hikari whipped her head to the side and frowned deeply, giving her boyfriend a clear view of her displeasure.

Touji almost fell down the steps, he winced so hard.

Ikari and Aida laughed at their friend's plight. Then received the same look from the class rep.

"EEK" both boys squeaked out in absolute fear.

The pig tailed girl took a deep breath and asked with false sweetness "And to what do we owe the pleasure of your company..*today*"

"Well..." Kensuke answered in a smart alick tone, "we were wondering if Touji could come outside and play."

Shinji softly chuckled, and Touji tried his best to stifle his laughter. Hikari barred her teeth and growled. She hated how they acted when they were all together. It was 100x worse since Asuka could no longer control the way Shinji acted and responded to things.

The third child sighed out his request "Actually, I just wanted to ask Touji if he's seen any good movies lately."

Even though Shinji went into retard mode around his friends, he knew better to not call movies women like *chick flicks* around them. He also knew that Suzuhara always let his girlfriend pick out the movies.

Touji quickly answered. "Nah.. I haven't seen any good movies lately."

The class rep gave her boyfriend a dumbfounded expression. "What are you talking about Touji-chan?... We just saw Please Save Our Earth."

Touji rolled his eyes. <and your point is?>

"Or what about the remake of the Sailor Moon S movie: Hearts of Ice ."

Suzuhara grabbed his stomach. "Please don't remind me of that movie."

Ikari and Aida laughed.

She shook her head. "You just have no taste."

He pointed to himself an mocked being offended. "I don't have any taste... Did I not take you to see Ninja Scroll?"

The class rep rolled her eyes. <case and point, you have no taste>

"Or what about the best movie ever..."

"AKIRA!!" All the boys said in unison.

"What_ever!" She placed her hands on her hips. "For one thing we rented that movie, and the second that movie SUCKED ROTTEN EGGS!!"

All the boys clutched their hearts and staggered around the room as if they were dying.

Shinji said in a melodramatic hoarse whisper. "If I don't make it...." His breathing became labored as he fell to his knees "Tell... my sweet Rei-chan ...that I love her..."

Hikari rolled her eyes, crossed her arms and said in an unimpressed tone. "And the academy award goes to...." She then glared at Shinji and asked angrily. "Were is *your beloved Rei-chan* anyway?"

Shinji looked up at the hormonally challenged girl that towered angrily above him. "She's at home."

"Then why the hell aren't you with her?" she growled. She wanted them to go. She wanted some alone time with her own boyfriend.

The third child got up and said "I can't go home until seven."

Hikari glanced at the clock. It was barely past three. She was pissed because she knew that he planned to stay here and hang out. She did *not* want to deal with all the three stooges today. She growled "Why can't you go home, Shinji?"

Before he could answer Touji teased. "Are you in the dog house?"

"No" Kensuke countered. "I think that residence is yours."

"At least I have a girlfriend @$$ whacker!" Suzuhara shot back.

"For the hundredth time, I_am_ not_ GAY!!!"

Hikari walked over to him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It's ok Aida. We'll still be your friends."

The boy brushed her hand off of his shoulder and growled through gritted teeth "I'm not gay!"

"Anyway..." Shinji said to interrupt his friend's ongoing denial. "The reason I can't go home is because I'm taking Rei-chan on a date tonight. I'm picking her up at seven."

"So you're not going home all day?" Touji asked in a relieved tone. Hikari had been yelling at him all morning. He was grateful his friends came over. She was always really nice to him in public.

He smiled and shook his head no. "I want to do this right. This is our first date."

Despite the anger she felt for him infringing on her and Touji's time together, she thought that what he was doing was so kawaii. She looked at what he had on. "And you're going to wear that?"

Shinji looked down at his clothes. He had on a faded T-shirt and faded jeans " Oh no.. I'm going to buy something to wear. I'm taking her to a real expensive restaurant and I need to buy something appropriate."

She nodded then turned and glared at her boyfriend. "Why don't *you* ever take me to an expensive restaurant?!"

Touji glared at the third child for making him look bad.

Shinji winced.

Hikari looked back at Shinji. "Does Ayanami know where you are taking her?"

Shinji smiled. "No. It's a surprise."

The class rep nodded and asked knowingly. "Does *she* have appropriate clothes to wear?"

Shinji paled.

*********************

Hikari walked up the last flight of steps and walked towards Rei and Shinji's apartment. "How the hell did I get talked into doing this...."

She stood in front of the door and put a death grip on the bag of stuff she brought to help the first child. For about two minutes, she just stood there then growled, "Forget this..." She turned around and headed for the steps. She had nothing in common with Ayanami; she did not want to be stuck with her for three hours. She relented her plan to escape when she stared into three pairs of eyes belonging to the three stooges, hiding behind the railing.

"Please" Shinji clasped his hands together and pleaded in a soft whisper. He also gave her the sad puppy dog look he always gives his beloved to get his way.

<oh yeah... now I remember how I got roped into this> The class rep hung her head in defeat and turned back around and rang the door bell.

"You're going to have to teach me how to do that." Suzuhara whispered to the pilot.

Shinji nodded as he kept his stealthy gaze on the door. The third child was nervous; even though he had already prepared everyone on how Rei would answer the door. *If* she answered the door at all.

The door opened.

When the first child took note of who was at the door, the first words out of her mouth were not hello, may I help you, or any thing cordial in nature. They were "Suzuhara-kun is not here." and she closed the door.

Touji and Kensuke failed miserably as they tried to stifle their laughter. Even though they were informed of what her actions would be, they couldn't believe that she just did that. Shinji just shook his head, and Hikari took a *very* deep breath and rang the door bell again.

Rei opened the door again. Usually she wouldn't even bother, but she was bored and had nothing else to do. The pilot of unit 00 looked the girl right in the eyes and asked "Yes Ms Horaki?"

"Ummm..." Shinji had told her exactly what to tell Rei so that she wouldn't refuse her offer. But because of Ayanami's piercing gaze, the class rep forgot what she was supposed to say. "Ummm..." <dammit>.

Rei waited patiently. She had nothing better to do. She was also curious as to why the girl was still here.

Hikari shifted her gaze way from the pilot. The way Rei would stare at people was very intimidating. "I heard you and Shinji were going on a date today and.... I ..was wondering.. if you wanted to go... shopping today.. You know... to make sure you .. <ok that's not what Shinji told me to say, but I can't remember the speech he gave me.>... umm ...just in case you want help getting ready."

Shinji slapped his forehead. Hikari was blowing it! Now he just knew that Rei was going to refuse.

Rei heard the sound of skin slapping and made a quick glance toward the steps. She saw three figures quickly duck down until they were out of sight. Rei returned her gaze to the girl in front of her. "This is not necessary. I know your loyalties lie with Souyru." Rei stepped back and started to close the door.

Hikari reached her hand out and stopped the door from closing. She was ready for that. Shinji said that she would probably say that. "Yes Ayanami, Asuka is my best friend, but that doesn't mean I can't be your friend too."

Rei did not respond.

Now, the first pilot had listened to the girl in front of her agree with Asuka on with every hateful thing ever said about her. Therefore, being Asuka's friend meant exactly the opposite of what she said. She could not be both.

The rep continued. "I mean I'm still Shinji's friend as well as Asuka's ..."

Rei did not respond.

The class rep sighed. "Anyways, we should be friends. Our boyfriends are best friends, so we should at least learn to get along with each other."

Rei didn't respond for about 30 seconds then asked "Did Shinji put you up to this?"

<Shinji said never lie to her.> "Yes" she admitted dejectedly. "As so did my Touji-chan."

"And you did this to appease them even though it may jeopardize your friendship with Souyru. Why?"

Rei's face and tone were indifferent, but in reality she was really curious. She only expressed herself around Shinji or the commander. To the rest of the world she was an expressionless enigma.

Hikari looked into to the first child's eyes then looked away. She felt like Rei was looking down at her. The class rep was taller than the pilot, but she still felt Rei was looking down at her. She was afraid to answer.

Then Rei quirked a brow. She had been waiting for about 2 minutes for an answer to her question.

That's when the class rep realized that maybe her feelings were wrong about Rei looking down at her, and she admitted "Shinji gave me a puppy dog face."

Rei nodded and stepped back and out of the way, so the girl could enter. "That face is my weakness too."

Hikari was surprised by her comment and laughed as she walked in the apartment.

Shinji was totally surprised. He was totally expecting Rei to blow Hikari off. <maybe she really did take our little talk into consideration last night>

(last night, by the fountain, Rei and Shinji discussed her social skills or lack there of. ^_~)

********************************

Now that his Rei-chan was in the capable and competent hands of Touji's girlfriend, Shinji was able to concentrate on the other details of the date.

Shinji had just left the movie theaters. He had bought two tickets for the nine o'clock showing of the Sea Prince and the Fire Child.

"Did you see how _long_ that movie is?" Touji said in a very distressed voice. "Almost two hours!!"

Shinji looked at his tickets and cringed, then stuck them in his wallet to put in his back pocket. "Don't remind me."

"I just know that Hikari-chan is going to make me take her to that movie!" <life sucks!> Touji looked at Ikari. "Why can't I ever see a movie that *I* want to see!! Why do I always have to see those stupid chick flicks! They're all the same! Every last one of them..... blah blah blah..."

As Touji continued to rant, Aida added dramatically "What tortures we suffer for our women!"

The other too boys glared at Kensuke, and Suzuhara growled "And what would *you* know about *our* tortures!"

Kensuke was about to tell them about his secret crush. *And* how he would follow and sit in the back of the theaters of these gawd awful chick flicks, so he could look upon *her* lovely face. But decided not to. He didn't want to be teased. So instead he just brushed off Touji's comment and rolled his eyes.

They walked to their next destination.

*************************

Rei and Hikari were at the Toyko-3 mall. Which was *waaay* on the other side of town. Hikari wasn't as nervous anymore. Actually, she felt pretty cool and important, because Rei called on her NERV issued limo to pick them up.

The class rep had never been in a limo before. It was neat. It wasn't anything like the car that Shinji took to the train station when he was going to leave. This was nice and huge inside. The seats that lined all four walls of the limo were soft and plush. There were lights on the ceiling and on the floor, a fridge, a tv/vcr and a sky roof.

The class rep felt like a movie star. Rei however was used to the treatment and wasn't impressed. Although Hikari's excitement peaked the first child's interest.

As they walked through the vast mall, Hikari asked "Can you use that limo whenever you want?"

Rei wanted to ignore the girl. She talked the whole way there. But moreover, she had already answered that question. Twice. And that's one more time than she *ever* answered the same question. But as she tried to ignore her, the first child kept remembering the conversation she had with her beloved last night.

It all started when.....

An old man and his old wife ^_~ had just stopped in front of the pilot couple and said some sweet words to them. They also told them how much that they reminded them of them when they were young. The old woman said a few nice words to Rei, but the first child completely ignored her, thus making the conversation one sided. Which in turn hurt the old woman's feelings, and the old couple walked away.

When the old couple was out of earshot, Shinji called on his beloved. "Rei-chan?'"

"Hmm?" the first pilot asked innocently.

"Did you not hear that woman speaking to you?"

Rei looked into her boy friend's his blue eyes and nodded.

Shinji gave her a dumbfounded expression. "Then why didn't you answer her?"

Rei blinked. "Why should I?"

Shinji blinked hard. "Because... it's polite!"

<and your point is> Rei did not outwardly respond.

After reading the shimmers in her eyes, Shinji thought back to all the times he would speak to her when they were younger, especially that first year, and all the times she would not respond to the questions he asked her. She would either just walk away or not respond at all. Until now, he just thought that he spoke too low and she didn't hear him. Now, he realized that she was just being rude *like his father*.

The first child saw her boyfriends eyes narrow slightly, so she tried to explain. "The woman... she holds no authority over me, so therefore I do not have to respond."

Shinji knew that there was no arrogance in her reasoning, but it was still flawed. "Rei-chan it's not about authority.." He gave her hands a reassuring squeeze, so she'd know that he wasn't angry at her. "It's about social skills."

She titled her head to the side and retorted innocently. "But the commander said my social skills are appropriate for my position."

He gave her a knowing nod then said "Yes my love.. but that's at NERV. This is *real life*, and you can't limit yourself to only talking to two people."

"I talk to you" she included.

He nodded in a loving yet sarcastic manner. "Excuse me, *three* people...." He kissed her forehead and said as warmly as he could "Rei, that's why you're supposed to go to school.... So you can function *outside* of NERV...." He couldn't tell if he was getting through to her, so he continued. "My love.. my heart.... when it comes to the real world, your social skill can be defined as *rude*." He looked lovingly at his beloved and hoped that she wasn't angered by his words. But what he saw was *much worse*. She looked like her feelings were hurt. He felt really bad. Really really bad. He had to fix this. "Ha_ha"

She looked up at him in a confused manner.

"I was just being a tricker" he lied and hoped that she believed him. If not, he had just made things worse.

Her eyes sparkled with unshed tears as she looked deep into his blues eyes and said in a broken soft voice "Yoroshiku Shinji" (treat me kindly, Shinji)

It would have been kinder if she would have just reached into his chest, ripped out his heart, threw it on the ground, stomped on it, and spit on it. His eyes swelled up with tears "I'm sooooooo sorry, Rei-chan. I didn't mean what I said...." He embraced her tightly. "I think you're the sweetest person in the whole world and you have excellent social skills!" He meant it this time; even though, it wasn't true.

Her feelings were really hurt, but she embraced him back, rested her head on his shoulder and whispered "I forgive you."

"I don't deserve it but..." he whispered back, "Domo arigatogozaimasu" (thank you very much)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the present

Rei didn't feel like her social skills needed to be refined, but she knew that Shinji wouldn't have brought it up if it didn't. Even if he did change his mind in the end. So she answered the question. AGAIN.

"Yes I can use the limo whenever I want."

"That is so awesome!" Hikari sorta skipped as she walked. "Why don't you use more often?"

<FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THAT QUESTION!! DON'T YOU LISTEN?!!> Rei repeated her answer in her usual calm voice. "I do not mind walking."

"Oh" The class rep looked to her left and pointed at a dress shop. "We should try that store first."

Rei inwardly sighed and walked in the direction of the store. The first child didn't understand why Shinji wanted her to shop with Hikari. She could have just *ordered* an appropriate dress and had it brought to the apartment, like she does when she eats with the commander. <the tortures I suffer to please my boyfriend.>

************************

Shinji and the other two stooges were in the middle of town. He and his friends weren't about to walk clear across town to go to the mall. They were at the 24hr everything store.

"Ok, how does this one look?" Shinji asked as he turned around. He was in a lime green suit.

"I still like the one I picked out" Aida pouted.

Shinji gave the boy an annoyed glare. "I already told you. I'm not wearing a powder blue tux!" (as if lime green is better ^_~)

"But it would match Ayanami's hair!" Aida still tried to convince the boy. He really liked that tux.

Shinji looked at his other friend.

"Don't ask me, man..." Touji said honestly. "Hikari-chan picks out my clothes."

Shinji and Kensuke gave Touji a blank expression. They already knew that she picked out his clothes; by the mere fact that since they started dating , he wore more than jump suits and sweat clothes. They just couldn't believe that he actually admitted it. And proudly too.

After a few seconds, Kensuke made a whipping sound with his mouth and gestured the action with his hand. Then Touji jumped on him and started beating him up in the store.

Shinji ignored the two and looked around for someone else to give their opinion "Why is it when you need an employee you can never find one?"

**************************

Rei sighed outwardly. "I swear if one more person asks me if I need help I'm going to scream."

Hikari giggled; even though, she was just as frustrated as the first child. The people who worked at this store were really pushy.

Rei looked at her counterpart after she noticed another one of the stores employees bringing her another dress. Another RED dress "What makes them think I like the color red?"

Even though Rei's tone was calm, the class rep could hear the edge on it. So she answered meekly "I think they're trying to compliment your eye color..."

The first child looked away. "I _hate_ that color."

Hikari was silent. She figured that the girls dislike for red had something to do with Asuka.

Rei continued "Everyone tries to put me in it.." She looked back at the rep. "Can they _not_ see that I am too _pale_ for that color?"

Hikari tried to stifle her giggle. She was not expecting Rei to say that.

****************************

Shinji had finally picked out a dark blue suit, a white dress shirt, and a silk dark blue/light blue tie. There was a black suit that was really nice. Even nicer than the blue, but he felt that it made him look like one of his dad's NERV secret agents, so he didn't want it.

"Ok, where to next?" Aida chimed.

Shinji looked at his watch. He had a little over an hour before seven. "I need to start getting ready." He looked at Touji, since his place was the closest to the his apartment "Do you mind if I get ready at your place?"

Suzuhara shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care."

The third nodded and started walking towards the Suzuhara's apartment. Once they were almost there Kensuke asked .

"Aren't you going to get her some flowers?"

Shinji slapped his forehead. "How could I forget flowers!?" He turned around and ran toward the flower shop they just passed.

Aida scoffed triumphantly. "And you guys said I don't know how to please a girl!"

"Shut up, Aida" Touji said playfully right before he ran to catch up with the sprinting third child. Aida quickly followed.

********************************

Rei had finally picked out a dress. Actually she picked out two dresses. It wasn't that she couldn't decided. It was that there was a huge debate between the employees of the store on which one looked better on her. The first child quickly got tired of the noise and grabbed the dresses, walked to the registers, and purchased both of them. She just wanted to leave the mall before Hikari took her to another store.

As they walked towards the exit the class rep asked "So how are you going to do your make up?"

At first Rei wasn't going to respond, then she remembered that conversation with Shinji. "I do not wear make up."

"I know but... tonight is special!"

The pilot of unit 00 took a deep breath and walked towards one of the make-up counters.

Hikari smiled. She was finding out that Rei wasn't as bad or evil as Asuka had said all these years. <she's just shy> ^_~ That' what the class rep believed to be the reason for Rei's lack of conversation skills. (if she only knew the truth)

**************************

Shinji and his friends finally arrived at the flower shop. The pilot was frantically looking around for the perfect flowers for his girlfriend.

"May I help you?" asked a man from behind the counter.

The third child nodded. "Yes. I'm taking my girlfriend out on a date. I need a bouquet!"

"When are you taking her?"

Shinji looked at his watch. "In about an hour."

The guy blinked. "And you need a bouquet?"

"Yeah" <duh>

"Today?... in less than an hour?"

"Actually... I hoping to get one in about ..." Shinji looked at his watch again. "Now."

The guy shook his head no. "Those things take time to make."

"Look!" Touji growled. "Just throw some flowers in some tissue paper and stop giving us a hard time!"

The man narrowed his eyes at Suzuhara.

Shinji tried to diffuse the situation "Please... It's her first date.. *EVER* I really want this to be special!"

The man looked at the distressed pilot and nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

The third child sighed "Arigato" and bowed thankfully. Then looked around for the perfect flowers. He was about to pick out some red roses, since they're supposed to represent love, when Aida called out.

"I think she would rather have orchids, Shin-man."

Shinji turned around and narrowed his eyes at Aida. "And how would *you* know?" A surge of anger an jealously went through his body. It *was* only a little over three days ago did he think that Rei and Kensuke where having an affair. Then he suppressed it when Aida started mimicking a gun with his fingers. "Oh yeah"

(her gun had an orchid on it remember?)

Touji almost missed Aida's hand gesture. *Almost* He was now determined to find out what is going on between Aida and Ayanami... but later, right now was all about Shinji.

Shinji walked toward Rei's favorite flower and saw the price tag under it. "How many orchids do you get for twenty bucks?"

The shop owner answered flatly. "One."

"ONE!!!!" all the boys yelled in disbelief.

"GOOD_ LORD!!!" Aida yelled, then said to the shop owner "How bout I give you a quarter, and you give me the petals so I can make my own orchid!"

Shinji and Touji couldn't help themselves from laughing at their friends dumb comment.

The man rolled his eyes and said snidely. "Orchids are exotic plants, even more so since the second impact. So if you want them you gotta pay the price!"

Shinji nodded and mentally thanked Rei for giving him all that money the other day. "Ok ,can I get a half a dozen in a *really* nice bouquet!?!"

The man gave the boy a skeptical look and held out his hand. "I want to see the money first!"

*******************

Rei had just got home and was in her apartment. For some reason, Hikari decided to stay. She said that she might need help getting dressed. The first child assured her that she was capable of dressing herself but the class rep didn't believe her.

<what a weirdo> The first child mentally sighed as she took a shower. When Rei got out, she only had thirty minutes left. She walked into the bedroom, after she dried off, and put on her underclothes.

Hikari immediately turned around. She was totally embarrassed by Rei's lack of modesty. She remembered Shinji saying that she didn't care if she was looked upon, but she really didn't believe him. She thought he was lying to cover up his own pervertedness.

Rei put on a white strapless bra and her panties. Then she sat on her bed and put on her flesh colored stockings.

Still turned away from the first child, the class rep asked. "So how are you going to do your hair?"

Rei didn't respond. She couldn't think of anything that would not come across as *rude*.

"I could help you." The girl slowly turned around . Rei was in her underclothes and that was ok because girls could do that. She walked to the bag she brought and pulled out a curling iron and hairspray and other things of that nature.

Rei arched an eyebrow. In all of her lives, she never used any of that stuff on her hair.

Hikari had already pulled one of the kitchen chairs in the bedroom. "Sit here, Rei... and let me fix you up!"

Reluctantly, the first child obeyed.

*************************

Seven Past Meridian

Shinji sheepishly walked to the door of his apartment. Touji and Kensuke where hiding down the hall. Kensuke was taping everything of course.

The third child was sooo nervous. He wasn't sure why. He lived with his girlfriend. Maybe it was because this is their first date. He wanted it to be perfect. To him, Rei was perfect, and only deserved perfection . He was so nervous, he felt sick. He tugged on his tie, put a tighter grip on the bouquet and started to knock on the door.... Then chickened out.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Kensuke whispered to Touji.

Touji shrugged. "I have no idea."

Shinji had to check something first. He reached in his suit jacket inner pocket and made sure he had his wallet. They last thing he wanted, was to have Rei end up paying for everything. <yes I have it.... money... yes.... tickets.. yes.. all there> He took a deep breath, straightened out his clothes and ...stood in front of the door. Yes, he just stood there... to afraid to move.

"He's retarded!" Touji whispered to Aida.

"Yep!" Kensuke agreed "And I have it all on tape!"

***********************************

Hikari had just finished Rei's hair. She had to admit that she did a good job. Rei was now putting on one of the dresses she bought.

"Shinji should be here by now!" Hikari squealed. "This is so exciting!!"

Rei glanced at the girl, then at her reflection in the walls. She felt that she didn't even look like herself. "I have too much make up on."

Hikari quirked a brow. "Trust me Rei. You_don't."

Rei didn't respond. What was the point, they had different opinions on the matter. Once the first child's dress was all zipped up in the back ,she sat on the bed and slipped on the high healed strappy sandals.

"I am nervous" the pilot admitted

"Really?" the class rep asked totally astonished. She would have never guessed. Rei looked as calm as ever.

Rei nodded, even though that meant she was repeating her answer. She was growing used to doing that when it came to the class rep. <the girl doesn't listen>

The first child wasn't nervous, at first. For the mere fact that she lived with her boyfriend and that they now even share a bed! And she still wouldn't have been nervous, but everyone kept making a big deal out of the date. Everywhere they went, everyone swooned over the idea of the *perfect* first date with their true love. It was supposed to be one of the greatest memories in one's life. Rei never knew that it was so important. She was worried that she might do to something to ruin it for Shinji. And because she was so quiet, everyone tried to help her come up with things to talk about with him. Most of the suggestions consisted of things that were frivolous in nature and she couldn't imagine Shinji being interested in them. *She* wasn't even interested in them. However, it was those things that seemed to be a consensus among the women.

Rei glanced at the clock. It was 7:05. Shinji was late. Her stomach did a flip flop, and she winced because of the pain of it.

This was the first time Hikari ever saw an outward expression from Rei. It was proof that the first child was nervous. She looked at the clock again, then said comfortingly "Don't worry Rei, he'll be here." He walked to the door and mentally growled <Shinji no baka where the hell are you!!>

Right when she open the door, that's when Shinji decided to knock, thus tapping Hikari on the forehead with his knuckles.

"Oww!!" She clamped her hand on her head to soothe the pain.

"Hey!" Touji yelled at the boy, once he realized that it was *his* beloved that was injured. He ran down the hall to make sure his Hikari-chan was alright.

With her hand on her forehead and one eye pressed shut, Hikari yelled. "Why didn't you use the door bell!"

"Gomen, Hikari" the third child said with a bow, then sheepishly admitted "Rei-chan doesn't like the way the bell sounds."

"Oh" she said. Her forgiveness was clearly audible. By that time Touji and Kensuke were at the door as well.

"Baka Shinji!" Suzuhara growled, then looked at his girlfriend. "Are you ok, Sweetness?"

"I'm sorry" the pilot said again

She nodded and smiled at him. Then at Shinji to let him know that she wasn't mad.

Touji growled and narrowed his eyes at his friend one more time before he forgave him for his mistake

Kensuke was of course, still taping everything.

"OH!" Hikari practically yelled, scaring the crap out of everyone. "Let me go get Rei!" She closed the door, leaving the boys outside.

Touji and Aida stood behind Shinji. And the third child started shifting his weight side to side as he waited for his angel to come to the door.

Slowly it started to open.

When all eyes fell on Ayanami, everyone's breath was caught in their throats.

She looked at the boys in front of her and started to feel nervous. But only Shinji could tell so he quickly said

"......"

He couldn't say anything.

Touji nudged Shinji's shoulder and whispered "say something stupid"

"....."

Rei took a deep breath and asked sweetly "Are these for me?" She gestured to the flowers.

"......"

<I'm am sooo glad I got this on tape> Kensuke moved to a better angle so he could clearly get Shinji's awe struck face.

Though the boys were irritated with Shinji's silence, Hikari thought it was so kawaii. Probably because she had a clear view of the boys tonsils, since his chin was on his chest.

On the other hand, Rei was getting very nervous. Now, she wasn't even sure if those flowers were for her.

Shinji couldn't get his body to cooperate with his brains commands. All he could do was stare at his angel, now Goddess, in front of him. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was curled and pulled back in a soft twist roll that went around the sides and the back of her head, with in shirley temple curls string-lets around her face and neck. Around her neck, she wore a diamond necklace. It looked like leaves on a vine around her neck and it looked as if it was completely made out of diamonds. She had on a pale pink strapless gown. The top was fitted and satin, and the bottom was an airy chiffon that reached to her ankles. She had on strappy sandals that showed off her perfect toes and feet.

(she had to take off the stockings... she got a run in them ^_~)

He looked back at her face and noticed ..<lip gloss?> He gave her a warm smile. He knew how she felt about make up and he wondered how Hikari got her to put it on. He was finally able to say something.

"You look beautiful, Rei-chan."

She finally took another breath and smiled her thank you.

Touji and Kensuke thought they were going to die as they tried to hold back the urge to pick on them. But they controlled themselves for two reasons. 1) Hikari would beat the crap out of them and 2) They had been standing here for almost five minutes waiting for Shinji to utter his first words. They didn't want him to regress.

"T..tt..these are for you..." He held out the flowers.

<oh good, they are for me> "Thank you." She took a good look at them once she had them in her arms. "Orchids..... They are my favorite."

Shinji beamed.

As so did Aida because he helped his friend with the right choice.

"I will go and put them in water." The first child started to walk back into the apartment but was stopped by Hikari.

"I'll do it." She gently grabbed the bouquet of delicate flowers. "You two have fun."

Rei smiled at her, nodded and turned around to leave. She then turned back around to face the girl and whispered. "Thank-you.... for everything."

The class rep beamed a brilliant smile and said "That's what friends are for! Now scoot you two and have fun!"

Shinji beamed because his plan to get them to become friends worked. He wanted Rei to have more than three friends. Two being the 1st and 2nd commander and the last being him. Although he didn't mind himself. But the 1st and 2nd commander weren't what he considered good friend material. Even if they have been her only friends for almost her entire life.

With a bit of hesitation, the pilot gestured for her to take his arm. Rei obliged and delicately slipped her arm around his and the two walked down the hall and turned the corner.

"Where are they going?" Touji asked.

"To the elevator." Kensuke informed.

"There's an elevator in this building?" Suzuhara asked.

"Yeah, it was put in the building a few years back."

"How do you know that?" the rep asked.

Aida gave her a knowing look, and cut off his camera. "How do I find out all my info that deals with NERV or its pilots. I hacked into a file."

"Oh" The other two teens nodded knowing.

Hikari walked into the apartment to put the flowers in water. When she came out, she chimed "Well, we might as well go."

"Well... Aida can leave" Touji said with a libidinous chime and snaked his arms around her waist. "But I don't see why *we* should leave a perfectly, good, empty apartment."

Hikari quickly closed the door behind her, after she made sure it was on automatic lock and shot him a furious glare. "Touji-chan, I'm going to make believe you didn't say that."

He quickly released her, bowed his head apologetically and squeaked out. "Thank-you." But he knew that he was back in the dog house. Big time.

Aida walked in front of the two.

Hikari walked beside her boyfriend and whispered something in his ear. A saddened expression graced his face and he nodded.

*****************************

About midnight ^_~

Shinji held his beloved's hand as they slowly walked back to their apartment. When they got to the door they both stared at each other as if they didn't want the night to end.

"I really enjoyed myself tonight" Rei said softly.

The third child nodded and agreed "Me too..." then admitted "I even liked the movie."

"Me too." Rei responded nervously.

They stared at each other. Then looked away when they were overwhelmed with excitement, love and embarrassment. (First date jitters )

Shinji shifted his weight from foot to foot. "Thank you."

Rei looked up at him. "For what?"

<gawd she is so beautiful> He shrugged. "You know.. for allowing me to take you out."

She blushed and looked away. "Thank you for asking me."

"You're welcome... I mean thank you... ugh..." He raked his fingers through his hair. " Umm.." The boy blushed heavily. "May I give you a good night kiss?"

She didn't look at him, but her eyes widened and she nodded quickly. Slowly she brought her head up.

Sheepishly, Shinji leaned to kiss her lightly on her lips. When their lips met, every nerve in his body stood on end. Rei felt the same way. This was the sweetest kiss they had ever had. When he pulled back, his face was beet red. So was Rei's.

Shinji swallowed hard. "G..g..goodnight, Rei-chan."

"Goodnight, Shinji." She turned around and swiped her key.

Shinji opened the door for her and watched her walk in.

Rei turned and gave him one last smile before she closed the door.

Shinji stayed outside, and leaned to the side as he tried not to lose eye contact with her until the door was completely closed.

Once Rei completely closed the door, she clasped her hands to her chest, did a ballerina spin, then leaned back dreamily against the door as she giggled. <tonight was sooo perfect>

Shinji waited patiently outside the door and chucked himself when he heard her angelic laughter. He was glad he could make her so happy. He wanted her to have the full effect of her first date.

A few minutes later, Rei opened the door, poked her head out and giggled "You can come in now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N. Hi everyone ^__^ before you scream where the hell is the date!!! Grrrrr!!!! KILL KILL KILL!!! I read the whole freaking preparation for the date and you excluded from the fic!!!! *hehehe* I wanted to say... I'm tired, this is my last chapter... o_0.... *hehehe* I'm just kidding (Rei made me say that.) ^_~ I'm being a tricker. *hehe* ^o^ (wipe happy tear from my eye)

*sigh*

For real though, I didn't put it in this chapter because .....do you guys really *want* to know what happened?.... isn't using your imagination better? ... ^__^

Don't worry... I'm going to tell you guys about it as memories in the future chapters.... *heheh* wasn't that funny though..... this is my last chapter.... *hehe* I'm am a hoot. *hehehe* *sigh*

Love ya lots. I really really do ^_~

Kimberly

I still don't own anything Evangelion