Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 20 ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together




Shinji woke up a little before daybreak. His internal body alarm was screaming. Yes, it was screaming I have to go to the bathroom!! And it had been screaming that for about an hour, but Shinji did his best to ignore it. Rei had her head resting peacefully on his chest and her body snuggled comfortably against his. He didn't want to wake her with his movements. He also didn't want her to start moving around on the bed again, since he just finally shifted her into a position to where she laid still.

After another painful minute, the pilot groaned in pain as Rei shifted herself into an even more comfortable position. For her anyway.

Shinji looked down at his beloved. She now had her head resting on the lower portion of his stomach. Mere inches above his bladder. That added pressure was pure unadulterated agony. Shinji quickly yet gently lifted Rei off of him, slid off the bed, and ran into the bathroom.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

~flush~

When he came back, Rei was lying on her back, in the middle of the bed, and both of her arms and legs were spread eagle. The third child took a deep breath and shook his head. She was such a bed hog. If wasn't for the mere fact that she was naked, Shinji would have been kinda upset by her present position on the bed. But then again, maybe not. Instead of moving her, the pilot of unit 01 walked over to the window and opened the curtains. He didn't worry about anyone being able to see her naked body, or his for that matter. They were the only ones who lived on that side of town. And the construction people had long since stopped coming around. Strangely, they stopped coming when he complained about it (once) to his beloved.

Their apartment was at the perfect angle. They could see both the sunrise and the sunset; although Rei didn't care to take notice of either. If it wasn't for Shinji, the curtains would always be closed. Actually, if it wasn't for Shinji, they would still have those dark, heavy, thick curtains that blocked out all sunlight, instead of the light colored airy ones they have now.

The young man rested his elbows against the window sill and watched the sunrise. It was breath taking. He glanced over at his truest of loves. He wanted to wake her up and share this with her. Then decided against it. She was grumpy if she was woken up when she wasn't ready. It wasn't that she minded waking up early because she didn't, as long as she was forewarned. If her job called on her to be ready at anytime of the night or day, and she had to wake up, that would be fine. She wouldn't even bat an eye lash in anger. However, if one decided to wake her just.... because, they'd better watch out. Grrrrr. Shinji had learned that lesson a while back; he was not keen on repeating it. She wasn't loud in her anger like Asuka; she was quiet... too quiet. And it is a proven fact that it's always those quiet ones that get ya in the end.

Shinji smiled warmly at her and then returned his attention to the celestial wonders happening outside his window. It wasn't until she shifted her position again did Shinji go back to bed.

Rei was still lying on her back, but this time her legs were drawn together and her hands were clasped on her flat tummy. Shinji could easily imagine her as the fairy tale princess, sleeping beauty. She looked so serene and beautiful as the morning sunlight kissed her pale, creamy skin. Her breathing was shallow, almost none existent. Actually, her breathing was so shallow and spaced out that she looked..... dead. =o_0=

Shinji quickly put his hand under her nose so he could feel the outward force of her sweet breath. Barely, just barely, he felt it. The third child took a relaxed breath. He just learned something else about her sleeping habits. However, this new piece of info made him grateful that she moved so much. Speaking of moving, she just did it again. She shifted to her side.

The third child laid beside her and looked lovingly into her gentle, sleeping face. She was so beautiful to him. Perfection. As he stared at her and was lost in her beauty, Rei had curled herself into a ball. Then she slowly allowed her legs to go forward until they rested on Shinji's stomach.

The third child smiled warmly as he played with her little toes.

He whispered in a playful, loving voice as he wiggled her little toesies ."This little piggy went to the market.. this little piggy stayed home... this little piggy had roast beef ...this little piggy had none because she was vegen ...

Her little moans of displeasure tickled him and made him only continue with more fervor.....

"And this little piggy said wee wee wee all the way...."

Until it was abruptly ended.

~Thud~

Rei had literally kicked him out of the bed.

"Oww" Rubbing his bare back side, Shinji grumbled "I should have seen that coming." He looked at his beloved. She was still sleep. She had also shifted her position back to her back.

Shinji sat back on the bed. He wasn't mad at her, but he was frowning. "We need to get a bigger bed... And one that's closer to the floor." He looked at the floor and then to the bed. It was a long fall. A long hard and painful fall.

The third child returned his gaze to his beloved. She would be waking up soon. He decided to take this opportunity to take the first step in his surprise for her. He knew that she had planned something for his birthday, but she wouldn't tell him what. But what *she* didn't know was that he planned something for her too. He got up and walked to the suit jacket and took out his wallet. In his wallet, he took out a piece of paper. He walked back to the bed, sat down, and gently placed her left hand on his lap. He took the piece of paper and wrapped it around her fourth finger (her ring finger). It was a type of measuring tape used by jewelers.

As he took her measurement, he remembered a conversation they had at dinner.

Rei looked up from her food. "Shinji."

He looked up from his food and gazed at his goddess on the other side of the table. "Yes Rei-chan?"

"I have been thinking of what you told me about major Katsuragi."

Shinji felt his stomach turn a complete 360. He did not want to talk about that now. Actually he didn't want to talk about what happened between he and Misato-san EVER again. But he did his best not to make his facial gestures tell her so.

Rei could read his facial expression clearly, but she continued anyway. "When you said that she was your family.... what exactly is a family?"

He gave her a quizzical look.

She continued. "I understand the definition, but that does not explain what it is I want to know."

"What do you want to know Rei-chan?"

She bit her bottom lip. She looked afraid to ask.

He waited patiently for her to continue.

After about 3 minutes, Rei finally asked in a very meek voice. "Do you think of me as your family.. too?"

Shinji blushed and nodded.

She gave him a great full smile and returned to her food.

Though she was satisfied with his answer, Shinji wasn't. His feelings towards their relationship were not the same as he felt with Misato-san.

Rei felt tension at the table and she looked up at her boyfriend. He looked distressed. "Is something wrong, Shinji?"

"Yes.. I mean no.." He sighed heavily and looked down at his food.

Rei started to feel nervous. "Did I do something wrong by bringing up the subject of family?"

He looked back at her and shook his head no.

"Then what is wrong?" she ask with nervous curiosity.

He took a deep breath. He was afraid to tell her. They had only been dating for a little over three weeks, but he had loved her for years. He was ready for this next step. He wasn't sure if she was, and he didn't want to pressure her.

"Shinji, you can tell me if something is bothering you." She leaned forward in her seat. "If we are not able to communicate honestly ... we will not make it in our relationship."

That statement struck a cord with him. She was right. They were in a relationship so they *should* be able talk about anything. Well, with the exception of anything that was classified because it was NERV related. He took a deep breath and admitted.

"Rei-chan, I think of you as family but... not the same way I feel about Misato-san.."

She made no response.

So he continued. "The way I feel for you... is not like a brother to his sister... step sister" He corrected because of what the two did, then he continued with his explanation. "The way I feel for you.... it's... family but..."

Rei quirked a brow as she waited patiently for him to finish.

He was finally able to get the words out after about a minute. "Rei-chan, when I think of you.. it's more like... you're my.. wife."

Rei blushed heavily and smiled warmly. She didn't know how to respond to his confession, so she returned to her food.

Shinji saw the happiness and love radiating in her eyes after his confession. He was glad he was able to get it out. It also made his future plan easier to implement. He returned to his food as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the present

"4 and 3/4" Shinji gently placed her hand back on the bed and got up. He took a pen out of the pencil box and wrote the measurements on the paper then placed the paper back in his wallet. He smirked at his cleverness as he walked back to their bed.

"Soon Rei-chan they will be calling you Mrs. Ikari."

Mrs. Ikari, that name made him think of him mom. He missed her. Even more so, now that his Eva didn't work. He didn't know where she was. He wanted to know if she was still in the Eva or whether her soul was released and had gone to heaven or maybe in a sea of LCL. He asked Rei about it, but she said she didn't know. But she thought/hoped she was still in her Eva, but toriju. He wasn't sure what to think or believe so he tried not to think about it.

He gazed lovingly at her. She looked so much like his mom. But she wasn't his mom. No matter what her DNA pattern used to consist of, she was never his mom. If anything, she was his sister. At first, that realization made him feel dirty for still loving her the way he did after Ritsuko told him about her origins. Once his fear of her being a clone, and the horrible memories of hundreds of her bodies falling apart in front of him went away, of course. It took time for him to love her again. But he did eventually love her again. Even though he honestly thought that she was biologically his sister, he was still deeply in love with her. That was the main reason he stayed way from her and with Asuka for the two years after the third impact. He didn't care how closely related they were, he loved her anyway.

His eyes narrowed in anger as he again remembered what the 'good doctor' did to scare him away from her. And even though the clones were mistakenly destroyed by SEELE in this world, he hated Ritsuko for what she did before the third impact, because it worked. It also crushed him. He loved her, and to find out what she was, like that, was too much for him to bare at that time. That is, until the third impact. Then Rei, the person who he feared the most, was his child of hope. She was hope, and his best friend was the child of love.

The boy released his anger, and laughed softly to himself as he realized that the only people that he was ever really drawn to in the whole world, were angels. The beings that were supposed to be his enemies, were the only ones who really loved him. Complete opposites, Kaworu and Rei, but completely the same. They both loved him; in different ways, but just as true. The pilot remembered being told that somewhere in the bible, it is written that there is no greater love than willingly giving up one's life for a friend. Shinji wondered what that made him, for he was the one that *killed* his friends. Both willingly gave up their lives because they loved him and wanted *him* to live. In his Eva's hand, he killed his first real best friend. And when he rejected Rei's gift of the third impact, it killed her. The only person he ever truly loved and he killed her.

Another emotion surfaced, and Shinji silently cried. Things had changed, but it didn't erase the memories of the truth. So as he became consumed with guilt, he cried. He cried until he remembered another truth. Rei was peacefully sleeping right in front of him, and Kaworu was happy in heaven. The male angel had chosen not to come back. He had already appeased his curiosity about the children of lillium, and now he was content to remain with his other brother and sister angels in heaven. Rei was the only one who came back because of a promise she made a long time ago and her love for a certain pilot. She wasn't sure if she would ever have a chance with him, but she was willing to take that chance.

How did Shinji find all this out? He asked her when she was in her tween. The time in between sleep and being awake. The young pilot found out that talking to her while she was dead tired but not exactly asleep, or when she was just about to wake up, was like giving her a truth serum. Classified or not, she would spill the beans. He didn't take advantage of that though. He respected her too much, but sometimes... he just needed information. Like now. He wanted to know why everyone treated Rei with such high regard when they went out. He never realized that she was so important *outside of NERV*. He had been living with her for six months, but that was the first time they ever went anywhere besides the park or the 24hr everything store. Yesterday made him realize that he didn't know that much about his beloved. He only had one question because he knew that she would be waking up soon. She was in her tween.

Shinji wiped away the last of his tears and softly sat beside her, leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Rei-chan"

She didn't respond.

He called again. His voice was as soft as an unconscious thought. "Rei-chan"

She didn't respond but she did move her position.

Shinji stayed perfectly still and after about a minute he called her name again.

"Mmmm?"

The boy smiled because now he knew that he had her attention. He had to think of how to ask the right question. <ahh I know> This was a question he had asked her last night, and she said she didn't want to talk about it. Well, actually she said she didn't want to talk about NERV which was fine at the time because NERV wasn't one of his favorite conversation topics. But now he wanted to know.

He whispered in her ear. "What is your rank at NERV?"

In a barely audible mumble she answered. "iamthirdcommander" then rolled over to the other side.

<WHAT?!!!!!!!!> Shinji was shocked stiff. He was NOT expecting her to say that.

He didn't know what he expected her to say, but he was NOT expecting her to say THAT. That meant she ranked above everyone! EVERYONE except Fuyutsuki and his dad!

Shinji became lost in his thoughts. < No wonder she is always around them and she worked so much!! No wonder everyone treated her with so much respect when they went out. She was even over Misato-san and Ritsuko. But why did she follow orders like a lowly pilot? Why the big secret? Was it even a secret? Everyone else seemed to act like they knew....>

He was about to ask he another question, but she started to stir. <damn!> She was waking up. So that meant that he was going to have to keep his knew knowledge *classified.* His Rei-chan wasn't the only one who could keep a secret.

After her three things, her crimson eyes fluttered open. She gave her truest of loves a warm smile.

He smiled back although it looked very guilty. He felt bad for taking advantage of her tween. Sort of.

"Good morning" she groaned out sweetly as she stretched her body.

"Good morning" he chimed back as he laid beside her.

She snuggled close to him and kissed him on the lips. Shinji returned the kiss hungrily. When they parted for air she said

"Thank you"

"No, thank you." He leaned his face closer to hers and whispered "I love kissing you." He tried to reiterate the fact by giving her another kiss.

She pulled back an shook her head. "No I mean thank you for yesterday... it was the best day of my life."

Shinji gave her a warm smile and embraced her. "Me too."

Rei shifted her position to where she was laying on top for him. Her legs were straddled on both sides of his body and her head was resting on his shoulder.

To the third child, her extra weight felt perfect. Their bodies fit so perfectly. It was like his dad made his beloved just for him. He wished that she could sink into him so they would never be separated. One mind, body, and soul.

She giggled.

He tilted his head to the side so that he could see her face, and looked at her expectantly.

She looked up at him and giggled. "You'd freak out if I did that."

<what?> He gave her a confused shocked expression.

She explained "If I sank into you... You'd have a heart attack."

Shinji flinched so hard with shock, he knocked his beloved off of him. "How did you know I desired that?!"

The first child couldn't stop the momentum of her descent as she fell off of him and off the bed as well. "Oww"

"Oh no" Shinji quickly hopped off the bed and went to help her. "Gomen, Rei-chan"

She rubbed her sore hip and elbow and nodded as he helped her sit on the bed. "I don't know.. I didn't exactly *hear* you..."

He looked at her expectantly.

She looked deep into his dark blue eyes and sighed as she tried to clarify her explanation. "It was more empathetic... I felt that you wanted to meld with me..."

"Oh..." He didn't know how to respond any other way.

Rei continued to speak. Her tone was playful. "Which is ironic... since you rejected that during the third impact..."

Shinji interrupted. "Rei-chan, I rejected the idea of being melded with everyone in the whole world, not just you."

Her eyes made rainbow shapes as she smiled "I know.. I'm just teasing."

"Teasing?..." He shook his head slowly. "Tsk tsk tsk.. you must of forgotten who you were dealing with little girl " The third child gently grabbed her shoulders and made her lay on her back and growled with seductive playfulness . "Now I'm going to have to punish you!" When his brain finally heard what his mouth just said, he froze and blushed heavily. <I can't believe I just said that ..like that!!>

Rei's eyes widened. Sometimes her boyfriend surprised her with his forwardness.

"Gomen."

She quirked a brow. "Why?"

"Umm... because of what I just said."

"What.... you've change your mind already?" She gave him the libidinous yet innocent look that only she can, and perched herself on her elbow. "Shinji-sama... I've been a bad girl..... I need to be punished."

The boy turned a darker shade of red. She was such a freak. All he could say was "Gawd I love you, Rei."

"Then show me" she chimed.

~~~~~~~~~

About 2 and a half hours later.

The third child laid beside his beloved and asked in a lusty moan. "How do you feel?"

"Sore" she groaned out while she continued to stretch.

"Gomen" He was genuinely sorry. He wasn't kind with her.

She rested her head on his chest and started caressing circles around his belly button. "You didn't do anything your Rei-sama didn't tell you to do."

They had switched roles because Shinji was too timid to take control in the way she wanted.

Shinji looked down at his beloved. Her gentle, teasing, touches were turning him on again. And even though he felt bad for what he did to her, the memory was turning him on too. His sweet beloved may be an angel, but she is defiantly no saint. He was surprised that she even knew about the things she had them do. *He* didn't even know about them. She had told him that when she bought that outfit on Thursday, she had also went by a book store and purchased a couple of books on the art of love making. She wanted to do some research on it, so that she could engage in the activity to the best of her ability. Shinji was grateful. She was amazing. The absolute best he had ever had, and they hadn't even had sex yet.

"Ahhhh" her voice seductively chimed. She lifted her head to look away from his aroused member and at his face. "I see we're ready for another session."

He blushed in embarrassment but sheepishly nodded. "Yes Rei-sama."

She poked out her bottom lip, quickly straddle his stomach, and shook her head no. "This time you're.." She smirked and blushed "Shinji-sama"

The male pilot quickly shook his head no. "I don't know what to do!"

She got off him and laid on her back. She then put her left wrist on top of her right and held them out to him. "Just remembered what I did."

Shinji knew what she wanted. He leaned over the bed and got his belt and started to tie her wrist together. "Rei-chan... you are so hentai."

She retorted seductively "No more than you, Shinji-sama."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later.

Shinji never realized how much he enjoyed being in control, and Rei didn't know who much she liked being the submissive. Therefore, this was a *very* dangerous situation for someone who was trying to preserve her virginity until marriage.

"Please..." she begged as she buck her hips against his. "I just need to feel you in me...."

Shinji shook his head no < why am I denying her this? I want it too> He got from on top of her, and looked at her flower <oh gawd I want it> "Here Rei-chan, I'll do this again." He slid two of his fingers deep inside her. He took great care not to disturb her hymen. He wanted to save that for their first time.

She arched her back in the glorious feel of it. Her wrist were still tied together and to the rails of the head board. "Ahhhh"

As the male pilot watched his hand please her, he thought he was going to die of blue balls.

"Please... ahhahhh .Shinji-sama... ahhh please.. I need you to ..ahhhahhh sink inside... me"

The boys eyes widened. She was using his own words and desires against him.

She continued though labored, lusty breaths. "Don't you want us... to become one.... mind, body, and soul...?" She bucked her hips against his fingers to deepen her pleasure.

He could no longer resist. "Are you sure, Rei-chan?"

She nodded vigorously.

He leaned over her and untied her hands and asked again "Are you sure?... Because once we start.." He felt guilty for saying this, but it was true and had to be said. "Once we start, my love.. I don't know if I will be able to stop."

A quick lusty "Understood." was her answer. She caressed her bruised wrist then reached for him.

Shinji positioned himself on top of her. He caressed his member against her very hot and wet entrances. He thought that he was going to cum right then and there. That feeling made him remember something very important. He pulled away from her and quickly got off the bed. "I'll be right back!" He ran to the bathroom and got something out of the medicine cabinet.

When he came back, Rei noticed the little blue packet in his hand. "What's that for?"

He was so busy with tearing open the condom packet and quickly putting it on correctly, he didn't hear her question. When he positioned himself on top of her again, he whispered "This is going to hurt... but only for a minute."

Rei reached and gently grabbed his member.

Shinji had to fight off the urge to release himself then and there. He was lost in the feeling of her touch until he realized what she was doing. "Rei-chan!"

"Hmm?" She tilted her head to the side and gave him an innocent gaze as she took the offending confinement off his appendage and threw it on the floor.

"We need that!" He got off the bed and went to the bathroom to get another one.

"I don't want to use a condom" she said sweetly as she followed him into the bathroom.

He gave her a dumbfounded expression.

"It is not necessary" she assured.

He gave her an even dumber dumbfounded expression. "Rei... you know why we have to use them right? I already told you!"

"Yes." She closed the medicine cabinet before he could retrieve the item. "And I told you that it is not necessary to use them."

He blinked, hard <...what are you saying?... you want kids .. NOW!!... please don't be saying that...> Shinji looked deep into her crimson eyes as he tried to read what she was thinking. The shimmers in her eyes told him nothing, <ok how can I say this without hurting her feelings> He cleared his throat and began. "Rei-chan... believe me I want kids. <stress it> *I REALLY WANT KIDS*.. just not right now." He gave her a sheepish smile then felt sick by her response.

In a feat against nature, Rei turned even paler and her eyes started to water up.

<ok... maybe I didn't stress it enough ... oh gawd she looks so sad.... Shinji no baka you can give her a child! stop being so damn selfish!>

"Is that how you really feel, Shinji?" Her voice sounded broken.

For about 30 seconds Shinji didn't respond. Then he shook his head no. "I ...wouldn't mind...." His words weren't easily forthcoming. But he didn't want to deny her anything, even if it cost him his own happiness. "I.... wouldn't mind...." <gawd I don't want to say this> "having kids now."

She couldn't believe that he just said that to her. Rei felt like her world just stopped. God in heaven knew that she would never deny Shinji anything she had the power to give him, but *he knew* she couldn't give him that. She told him. But yet, he just threw her shortcomings in her face. What was he saying to her... that he didn't want to be with her because she couldn't have kids. Because if he wanted kids and she couldn't give them to him.. then.. . he was telling her the he didn't want to be with her. <I almost gave you my special gift. And you were going to take it even though you knew you didn't want to be with me because I couldn't have kids!!! bastard>

Shinji noticed her eyes narrow and flicker off and on with her divine power. Slowly, very slowly he grabbed her shoulders. "Rei-chan?"

She batted his hands away and narrowed her eyes even more. If it wasn't for the mere fact that she was holding back her powers and the flood gates of her emotions, she would of told him some choice words for leading her on and almost taking her special gift.

He was about to try and hold her again but...

DING DONG DING DONG BANG BANG BANG BANG DING BANG DONG

The sudden barrage of noise scared the crap out of both teens.

Shinji looked out of the bathroom and growled. "Who the hell is bothering us this early in the morning?"

"Shinji!! I know you're in there! Please! I need to talk to you!"

"Suzuhara" Shinji growled in a very annoyed fashion. He ignored his friend and returned his gaze to his beloved.

Rei gave third child a very icy glare that chilled him to the core and said in a tone just as cold "Go to him" right before she walked into the shower. Before she closed the door she said "We are finished here, Ikari-kun."

Shinji quirked a brow. Rei's attitude had done a complete 180 in less than one minute. <hmm.. PMS must be catching on> The boy did as she commanded. He didn't want to be yelled at like Hikari does to Touji when she's suffering with the female hormonal dysfunction. Especially, since Rei's anger was always accompanied with divine power. Power she has yet to learn how to control. The pilot quickly walked out of the bathroom, put on some shorts and went to answer the door. He was totally taken back by what he saw.

Touji stood in front of his friend a broken man. His eyes were red rimmed and swollen. He looked as if he had been crying all night. "I'm sorry.. it's just that you're the only one .." He cupped his face in his hands and started to cry.

Shinji didn't know how to react. He'd never seen Touji cry before. Not even when he lost his arm in leg before the third impact. He looked at his friend's hand, the one that was once lost, and thanked his beloved. She was the one who convinced his dad into regenerating new limbs for him in the A.E. sector of NERV.

But back to the comforting part. Shinji didn't know what to do or how to do it. Touji's personality was very similar to Asuka's but... he doubted that Suzuhara would feel keen if he grabbed him and forced him into a loving embrace until he calmed down. Moreover, Shinji had no desire to do that. So instead he stood his ground and asked

"What's wrong?"

Touji looked up at his friend. "Hikari is pregnant"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touji and Shinji were walking in the park on the usual path the he usually took with Rei. The pilot decided to leave the apartment after Suzuhara made the confession of his plight. He left for a number of reasons. 1) Rei seemed to completely pissed at him, for reasons he had no clue about <probably PMS> and 2) He didn't want Touji to see him get yelled at and 3) He didn't want Touji to see the powers his beloved released when she was mad and 4) He didn't want to be on the receiving end when she displayed those powers and 5) This was the exact same thing he assumed she was mad about. He didn't want kids and she did. He didn't want her to get the idea that it was something to do just because Hikari was now pregnant. He still had a chance at talking her out of this crazy desire of motherhood.

The two boys had just arrived at the swings. Touji walked toward the first one, but Shinji reached around and possessively grabbed it from behind him.

Suzuhara quirked a brow, put up his hands with playful defensiveness and said "Ok, Ikari you can have the swing" He took the one that was beside it.

Shinji felt a little embarrassed for what he did, but only a little. This was *their* swing. This was the exact place where Rei said I love you to him for the first time. He didn't want his friend defiling it with his butt.

Both boys took a seat but neither swung. They just used it to rest. Shinji glanced at his feet, then at his friend. Touji looked lost in his thoughts. He really didn't say much after he confessed at the door. He just needed a friend. Shinji felt good that he could be that friend. Mostly for the mere fact that it *rescued* him from the wrath of Rei-chan. He was sorry for his friend's situation, but it couldn't have come at a better time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 min later

When Rei got out of the shower, she was pissed. Beyond pissed. "I can't believe he actually left!!!"

Shinji had left without telling her.

In her opinion, that just confirmed that he really didn't care or every truly loved her.

"He didn't even try to talk this out!!"

Everything in the apartment started to rattle and shake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji sat up straight and looked from side to side. He felt weird. Angry. But it wasn't his anger. He wanted to know where it was coming from. He tried to shake it off, but it only got stronger. So he did his best to ignore it. It wasn't like he was looking for the source of the because he was *used* to feeling someone else's feelings. It was just that, it felt like it was being sent from somewhere.

"Are you ok, Ikari?" Touji left his own misery for a moment to look at his friend.

Shinji glanced at his friend and answered yes with a quick nod back.

Suzuhara was about to say something else, but was interrupted by freckle faced kid with a very loud whiny voice.

"Hey mister!"

Both teenaged boys looked at the kid.

"If you're not gonna swing, you need to get off!!"

Touji raised his eye brows and pointed to himself. "Are you talking to me?"

The kid nodded vigorously then pointed toward Shinji as well. "And to him... If you're not going to swing, you need to get off and let somebody else have a turn!"

Touji who had a little sister, and was too battered with worry to argue with the kid started to get up.

Shinji, however, was being consumed with rage that wasn't his own. Nor did he have any younger siblings to help his understanding to why the child was acting like such a pissant. The pilot took a deep breath and said as calmly as he could.

"These are not the only swings in the park."

"But these are the best!" the kid shot back and crossed his arms defiantly .

"Come on man." Touji said softly. "Lets just go."

The third child looked up at his friend "No!_ I was here first, and if I want to just sit here all %*^*ing day then a I will!!"

Suzuhara's jaw dropped. Shinji rarely used the hard core curse words. And when did use them, he had to be really angry not just bothered by some whiny kid.

"Oooooooooo" The kid pointed at the third child. "You said a bad word!"

"Like I give a $&%&" Shinji said again. <where is this coming from?>

The kid started to cry.

"Get lost kid!" Shinji growled. "You're getting on my damn nerves!"

Touji's jaw hit the ground. The kid ran away crying. Then Touji said meekly

"If I ever forget this day... remind me not to let you ever baby-sit my child."

Shinji took a deep breath as he looked at the fleeting figure of the crying child. He didn't know how to respond to his friend's comment. He knew he was wrong for what he did, but he wasn't sorry. He also knew that the anger he felt was not his own, but the words were. That kid was getting on his last nerves! Then he realized something. <I don't like kids> It was a strange discovery. It wasn't like he was ever around them enough to figure this out earlier. The only time he was around kids was when he was around Touji's or Hikari's little sisters, but they weren't little but they *were* annoying as hell.

The third child raked his hands through his hair and mentally worried. <how am I going to explain to Rei-chan that I don't want any kids>

Touji sat back down and finally started to confess his fears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei was curled up in a ball as she tried to control her powers, so she wouldn't destroy the apartment. After about 20 minutes, she had calmed down enough to where her powers wouldn't escape her. However, Shinji's prized Akira models were all smashed into a thousand tiny pieces. She didn't mean to do it. Ok maybe she did. But she felt really bad. Ok maybe she doesn't, but she will later... maybe... most likely not.

The first child quickly dressed herself in her favorite pair of blue jean hip-hugger and a white tank top. She was going to work whether the commander wanted her to or not. Right now she needed something to keep her busy before she exploded with fury like the last time. Immediately after she put on her sneakers and opened the door, she saw

"Ms Hokari, Suzuhara-kun is not here." She closed the door behind herself and proceed to walk down the hall toward the steps.

The girls followed closely "I... know."

Rei did not respond; she just kept her pace and walked down the steps.

The class rep continued "I came to see you."

The first child stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face the girl. "Why?" Rei was genuinely curious.

Hikari face was totally flushed. She looked so broken and sad. "I need a friend."

Now Rei was having her own problems at the moment, she did not want to deal with the problems of others. <no wonder the commander taught me to separate myself from people... they are so bothersome> "What of Souyru? Is she not your friend?"

Hikari nodded. "She said that she didn't want to be bothered because the dentist messed up her mouth and she was bruised all over."

"Did you not tell her of what offends you?" Rei asked as she tried to get rid of the girl.

Hikari shook her head. "No... I didn't want to say it over the phone."

Rei didn't respond. She only regretted the fact that she beat the crap out of Asuka because now she had to, once again, handle the girl's loose ends. The angel took a deep breath. If it wasn't for the fact that Hikari helped her yesterday, Rei would have blown her off, big time. "What is it you need of me?"

The class rep started to cry. "I just need a friend... some one to talk to."

That was easy enough, Rei thought. Just as long as long as the only thing she had to do was listen. Rei walked back up the steps and toward her apartment. Hikari followed closely.

*****************

It is said that there are people so comfortable in their own skin, and with their own personality that they actually practice on perfecting it. That is the case of one Gendo Ikari. He loved the fact that he was a bastard. He also loved the fact that EVERYONE knew it. They even make up evil things and say he did it. He was the man that everyone loved to hate. He smiled absently to himself as he acknowledged that fact. But even though they hated him, they would give their right arm to work for him. He smiled at that fact too.

If he wasn't so keen on keep up his bastard image he would be whistling as he walked to his destination. He was in a good mood. Something very rare for him. But today he woke up with something that he had lost a long time ago. Hope. Today was also the day that he and Rei were to leave to go to an undisclosed location so that she could train and learn to control her powers. However, before they left, he had to clip a few loose ends. This was another reason why he was in such good spirits. He had a plan. A bastard's plan.

He opened the door and walked into the infirmary.

Ritsuko was sitting at her desk; she was pissed. She had been waiting for him for about 10 minutes. She knew that he would eventually be there, but she hated when he made her wait. He acted like she didn't have other things to do. However, when she saw him walk into the room and lock the door behind him, all her anger went away.

Ritsuko knew what he wanted; although, she was surprised that he wanted it today. Usually he only came for his 'private business' on Tuesdays. She was about to comment on it, but he flashed her one of his infamous Ikari smirks that oozed with confidence and arrogant bastardness. She loved that smirk. She loved him even though he wasn't good to her. In public, he only respected her position, never her. In private he didn't even respect that. She was his f*ck and that's it. She knew this too, but like a life preserver, she held on to her love and hope that he would one day love her back .

Even though she knew the answer she asked. "Did you come to get your ribs wrapped?"

"No" he said with a bit of playfulness in his cold and cruel voice.

She smiled. She tuned in on his mirth immediately. She had never heard him speak to her like that. Only to Rei. She knowingly and happily chimed her question . "Then why did you come?"

The commander gave her one of his rare smiles and said melodiously "To get my d*ck sucked."

Dr. Akagi blushed heavily. He was so blunt. He never beat around the bush. She knew that was why Rei was so forward with her questions and statement. She was just like her *father*

Ritsuko pushed her thoughts of the first child out of her mind and got up out of seat. The commander then replaced her position. He shifted his position to where he could comfortably lean back and watched the doctor, from behind tented glasses, take her position on her knees.

Gendo mentally chuckled <gawd I love being me>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji and Suzuhara were still at the park. However, he and Suzuhara had left the swings once they saw that kid bring his very angry and very *big* father back to the swings to kick their @$$. The two didn't just leave. They ran, and got the hell out of there.

Once they felt that they had a safe enough distance from that guy, they slowed their pace and enjoy the scenery around them.

"This park is really nice." Touji said as he looked around. "I never knew it was here."

"That's what I said the first time I came here." Shinji admitted as he looked ahead. "It's mine and Rei-chan's special place."

Touji nodded and looked at his friend. "You love her a lot don't you?"

Shinji nodded and said wispily yet honestly "So much that I would rather die than be without her."

"You don't have to be that extreme" Touji said in a tone that clearly expressed his distaste to his friend's morbid declaration. "All you had to say was yes."

Shinji laughed. "Yes, I love her" Then looked at his friend "Are you happy?"

Touji shook his head no. He wasn't, because he now had a very grown up responsibility. "I don't know what I'm going to do... Hikari and I are too young.... to be having kids."

Shinji didn't respond. He didn't know what to say. When about 5 minutes of silence passed Shinji reminded. "You know... you guys don't have to have it."

Touji looked at his friend. He was totally shocked to hear Shinji say that. Aida yes but Shinji....?

"Gomen" The pilot noticed the disappointment in his friend's eyes.

Suzuhara shook his head "Don't be... we already discussed it... but... I don't really want to do that." He raked his hands through his hair. "But it's really not my choice in the end is it?"

Shinji didn't really know how to respond. This was completely foreign territory for him, He didn't agree with that last statement, but he was going to keep that to himself. He did not want to have a debate on this issue (A.N. nor do I, my views are my own ^_~)

Touji looked at his friend and smiled. "Anyways we decided on having it."

Shinji nodded. He was grateful that he wasn't asked his opinion on what they should do on that issue.

Absently, Shinji glanced at his friend's watch. <argh... its past 1 o'clock... and Rei-chan has to go back work today!!.. I'm not going to be able to spend anytime with her today ...sure.... she's mad at me, but I would still like to spend some time with her!!> The third child was about to tell his friend that he had to go when Touji said

"Thanks man.... you have no idea how much having you here means to me."

Shinji inwardly groaned. He was stuck.

Many more minutes of silence followed after Suzuhara's last statement. So many in fact that Shinji's mind started to wander and remember last night's perfect date.

Rei giggled as they walked hand in hand to the limo.

Shinji smiled and looked lovingly at his heavenly beauty. "What's so funny?"

She shook her head and got into the automobile. Shinji followed her and sat beside her. He loved being inside a limo. Today was the first time he had ever been in one. Earlier he had asked Rei if she was allowed to use it any time she wanted and why she didn't use it more often, and though she desperately tried to hide it, those questions seemed to annoy her for some reason.

When the first child made herself comfortable, she leaned over him and pointed to a woman outside their window then answered his question. "That"

Shinji shifted his gaze toward the direction she was pointing at. "Who, that pregnant woman?" Shinji chuckled. The way the woman was waddling was a funny sight.

Rei nodded. "It is strange to see."

"It's part of the natural cycle of life." He sighed as his laughter settled.

"Doesn't look natural to me" she admitted as she sat back.

Shinji took hold of her hand and playfully teased. "Maybe if you were born that way, you would see things differently."

She smiled. "Perhaps if I was born .. and not created."

Shinji blinked hard. It sometimes surprised him with how comfortable she was with her origins. He did not feel that comfortable talking about it. It really didn't matter to him what she was, but he still didn't like talking about it in public. He was always afraid that someone might be listening and find out what she is and kidnap her.

She looked into his worried dark blue eyes and caressed his face as she assured "This limo is secured."

He took her hand in his and kissed her palm. He was glad that she could read him like he could her.

As they were driven to the movies, Rei spoke.

"I can't imagine carrying a living person inside of me."

"Me either." Shinji joked.

Rei giggled. "Must be very painful."

"I suppose" Shinji agreed. He didn't have first hand knowledge, so it was more of an assumption.

"It looks uncomfortable." Rei added.

Shinji nodded then said " Some people think it is very attractive."

"What?" She quirked a brow "Being pregnant?" She was finding that *very* hard to believe.

Shinji nodded with a smile.

<I don't> Rei didn't outwardly respond.

To get 'cool points' as well as 'bonus points' Shinji sighed lovingly. "I bet *you* would look beautiful as a pregnant woman."

"Shinji, you embarrass me" Rei blushed then giggled. "Anyway, my body was created to house souls not people."

Shinji laughed too.

He was totally oblivious to the importance of her words. He took her statement as her being able to deposit her soul in each of her clones bodies and nothing more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the present

"Shinji... earth to Ikari."

The pilot left his memory and looked at his friend. "Oh sorry"

Touji shook his head. "Do you want to sit down?"

Shinji looked at where he was. He was at the orchid fountain. "Sure."

Suzuhara sat on the wide ledge on the edge of the fountain. He reached in his pocket and took out a coin. He closed his eyes and made a wish before he threw it in.

Shinji watched the coin sink into the water. "What did you wish for?"

"Can't tell ya.." Touji kept his gaze to where the coin sank. "It's a secret."

The third child looked at his friend. He could tell that more silence was about to ensue. He wanted to leave so he could clear things up with Rei. He wanted to say sorry before she went work. He didn't know what he had done to make her so angry, but he wanted to say sorry.

As the third child took another deep breath to calm his anxiety about staying here, he noticed a couple sitting at a bench about a hundred feet away. He decided to observe them until his friend wanted to talk again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei was in her apartment with Touji's girlfriend. They girl had been crying since she got into the apartment. Rei was at a total loss to how to comfort her. At one point, the first pilot hesitantly patted the class rep on her back in a forced comforting gesture. She quickly found out that such actions are unacceptable and should never be done again to anyone other than Shinji... <grrr forget Shinji!!!> She decided not to ever try to physically comfort someone EVER again. Because once she touched the girl, Hikari wrapped her arms around the first child and cried on her shoulder for an indefinite amount of time. Rei just sat their, eyes wide and stiff as a board, not knowing what to do. Yes, in Rei's opinion, physical support/comfort was completely unacceptable. Never to be implemented again.

After the class rep cried until... forever, it seemed to Rei, she wanted to do something constructive to get her mind off her problems. Unfortunately for the first child, she was who Hikari wanted to do construction on.

Rei sat in the kitchen chair as the class rep finished putting the last of the million Shirley Temple curls in the first child's blue hair.

Rei mentally groaned <how did she talk me into letting her do this?>

"It's a good thing that I left this over here, ne?" Hikari asked as she uncurled the curling iron out of the Rei's blue locks.

<NE!> Rei didn't not outwardly respond.

"You know Rei.. .I'm really glad I have you as a friend." Hikari sniffed out. "I just don't know how I could of handled this today... I mean... with the test coming out purple instead of pink or blue."

"Excuse me?" Rei asked flatly. "What test came out purple?"

Hikari choked out. "The pregnancy test."

Rei blinked hard. "Are you telling me that the test was in error?"

The class rep could only nod because she was racked with tears.

<I've been LISTENING to you cry for HOURS over a test that was in ERROR... you may NOT even be PREGNANT!!> Rei got up from her seat and turned to face the girl and said calmly. "If the test was in error, how do you know that you are pregnant?"

"Because..." The brown haired girl sobbed. "Because it wouldn't of made an error if something wasn't there, right?"

Rei blinked. Hard. "No, you are incorrect. An error is just that. It is neither a yes or a no... or in your case a positive or a negative."

The rep shook her head. She didn't agree with Ayanami's logic.

Rei outwardly sighed and with gentle irritated steps, she walked over to the closet and pulled out a pillow case. She walked back to the girl and commanded, in a third commander type tone. "Come with me."

Immediately, Hikari stopped crying and followed the girl with out another word. Rei's gentle tone was very intimidating.

Rei put her shoes on and walked out the door and down the hall. Hikari did the same and followed the first child closely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gendo had just released himself into the doctors mouth. He sighed with satisfaction and a twinge of dejection. He was going to miss this. Ritsuko was a master at pleasing him this way. Even better than his beloved wife. But like all good things... this must come to an end. He now had complete faith that the Tojiru project was going to be successful. He did not need the doctor's services anymore.

As Ritsuko stayed in her position of pleasing him, ensuring that she didn't make a mess, the commander took off his glove on the left hand. He gently ran his fingers through her fine blond hair.

<oh my gawd... he's touching me!!> Ritsuko could feel her heart pitter patter a mile a minute. He never touched her when she did this to him. His pleasures were always completely selfish. His gentle ministrations were giving her hope that he loved her. That <after all these years, he is finally starting to care for me!> She quickly cleaned him up, and looked lovingly at his face.

Behind his tinted glasses, he looked into her eyes. He could see her love for him radiating in her eyes. He smiled warmly at her, and with his ungloved hand he gently caressed her face with the back of his fingers.

Ritsuko leaned into his touch. This was a dream come true.... Until her eye caught a glimmer of light shining off his fourth finger. She leaned her head back to see what it was. When she saw it she felt sick to the core of he being.

Gendo sadistically chuckled when he noticed the doctor's reaction to seeing his wedding band back on his finger. He had *always* worn it. But over the past few years, he wore it around his neck, on a chain. He knew that she understood the significant meaning of its change of location.

She looked at him in hopes of an explanation. As well as in dread because it was an explanation that she desperately did not want to hear.

He looked at her, and gave her one of those smirks she loved so much and said flatly and coldly "It's over, Ritsuko."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji was waiting for Touji to speak for a long time. So long in fact that he started to day dream about last night date again.

Shinji and Rei had just left the movie theaters were walking hand in hand in the park.

"It's a bright night" Rei said sweetly as she looked up at the full moon.

The boy nodded in agreement.

"The sky is beautiful tonight." Rei admitted. She wasn't one to ever look up and take notice, so this was a nice change.

"Not as beautiful as you, Rei-chan"

She looked at him and blushed. Shinji blushed too. Then the two teens returned their gaze to the heavens above.

After about 7 minutes of star gazing, Shinji looked at her and said

"Rei-chan"

"hmm?" She looked at him.

"When you use your powers... what does it feel like?"

She smiled warmly and asked "Do you want me to show you?"

The third child looked around. He feared that someone might see them.

"I will not outwardly express it, Shinji" she assured sweetly.

"Do you know how to do that.?" He was worried. "I'm mean ..you don't know how to control it."

She grabbed his other hand and looked into his eyes. "To a small degree, I can control my powers... and I will only be using them, to a small degree." She smiled sweetly.

Shinji took a deep breath and nodded. Almost instantly he felt her powers surging through him then it stopped abruptly.

<uh oh> Rei knew that she did something to Shinji, as well as herself, but she wasn't sure what. That's why she stopped her demonstration so suddenly.

"Wow!" Shinji said completely amazed. "It feels just like when you synchronize with your Eva!"

Rei was so worried about what she just did, that she didn't hear her true love just tell her what she had just done to them. She synchronized their thought patterns! But since she ended it so quickly, they weren't going to have a telepathic channel with one another, but an empathetic one.

"That is so cool, Rei-chan! Can you do that again?"

She did her best to hide her fears and worries for him as she looked into his eyes and said in a calm voice. "No Shinji, I do not think that would be wise." She released one of his hands and started to walk.

He nodded as he walked beside her. He figured that she was worried about the secret agents that maybe following her. "Rei-chan"

"hmm?" Her voice was meek and small. She was really worried about what she just done, and she wasn't sure if she should tell him or not. Especially since she had no clue what she did.

"Where does your power come from?" His excitement was clearly audible. "I mean is it mental?"

She shook her head no and absently patted the lower portion of her stomach. She then looked at him and smiled. "It comes from my S2 organ"

"Oh yeah" He smiled as he remembered that his angel was a real angel. "How could I forget."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the present.

Shinji was brought out of his thoughts not by Touji. No, Suzuhara was still lost in his own thoughts. What bought the third child back to reality was that couple he was staring at. They reminded him so much of he and Rei. That is, until their kid walked over to them and started demanding the woman's attention

"Mama look at me! Mama! Look at me!"

The kid must of said that a hundred times already, and each time he wasn't doing anything spectacular. Most of the time, he was just jumping around or acting stupid. Every time the father tried to be affectionate to his wife, the kid would interrupt them. It almost seemed like the child was trying to keep all his mother's attention for himself.

Shinji mentally placed he and Rei in that position, and he was *not* liking that vision of the future.

All his life he wanted to be loved; to feel loved and to love. And these past few years, Rei was the only one he wanted that love from and vice versa. The pilot was not keen on the idea of having to share the love he longed for his whole life. Whether it was his kid or not... <I DO *NOT* WANT TO SHARE MY REI-CHAN!!> It was bad enough that she worked so much. So to have another person to compete with for her attention was completely unacceptable!

In everyone's life, there is at least one time when you make a life affirming decision. This was Shinji's. <I do not want kids! EVER!!> And he was a hundred percent serious.

"Ikari."

Shinji left his thoughts and looked at his friend. "Yeah?"

"This fountain.." Touji gestured to it. "Doesn't it seem strange that it's an orchid..?"

Shinji turned and looked at it. "No. Why would it?"

"I dunno" The fourth child shrugged his shoulders. "It just seems strange that such a beautiful park was built on the worst side of town, and in the center of it, is a huge fountain created to look like an orchid."

Shinji shrugged. He hadn't given it much thought. He still wasn't giving it any thought. He was thinking about getting back to his Rei-chan. "So are you feeling ok?"

Touji looked at his friend and forced a smile. He could tell that his buddy wanted to get back to his girlfriend. "I guess I'm as ok as I can be" He slowly got up.

Shinji got up as well and started to walk toward his apartment building. Since his friend wasn't talking, the third child was able to think about how he was going to explain to Rei that he didn't want children, as well as apologize for whatever he did to hurt her feelings. As he thought about it, he realized something... Well actually a lot of things.

1) Rei saying that she didn't need sanitary napkins (pads)

2) Rei telling him that condoms were not necessary.

3) Rei does not get PMS

4) Rei telling him that her body houses souls not people

5) Rei patting her lower stomach (where her uterus should be) as she told him about her S2 organ.

6) Rei not wanting to use a condom this morning... not necessary

Shinji felt totally sick as finally realized what he did this morning..

7) Rei turned pale with shock and looking *very* hurt and *very* angry when he told her he wanted kids

8) Rei telling him "We are finished here, Ikari-kun."

"OH_ MY_ GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In fear, all the birds flew out of the trees, and all natural noises from all the animal and insects, as well as everyone else in the park stopped because to the boisterousness of Shinji's yell.

Touji clutched his shirt over his heart. Shinji had scared the crap out of him. "What's up man?"

Shinji felt like he was going to throw up. He just realized that because he was an idiot who didn't listen, Rei had just broke up with him! In a daze, he looked at his friend. He moved his mouth to speak and explain, but nothing was coming out. He could feel the stinging sensation of his surfacing unshed tears and he started hyperventilate.

"Shinji, calm down!" Suzuhara commanded as he grabbed his friends shoulders. He had no idea what was wrong with the third child.

The third child breathing raced erratically, then he broke away from his friend grasp and ran home. He had to fix this misunderstanding before he lost her forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't own anything that deals with EVANGELION

Oh and everyone I'm soo sorry for being a tricker last chapter.. ^__^ I was just in a silly mood

I love ya lots. I really really do..

Kimberly