Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding of the year ❯ Wedding bells ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
I was up early the next morning. The day of the wedding. I felt really nervous.
The wedding wasn't for another 7 hours so I went out for a while. I then ran into Elena, Amy's sister.
“Hi Elena,” I replied.
“I'm coming to the wedding,” she announced “Who's your best man?” she asked.
“Tails,” I replied quickly.
“And who is the matron of honour?” she asked.
“I don't know, hasn't Amy found anyone yet?”
I don't think so,” Elena replied.
I couldn't believe Amy's lack of organisation. We were to wed in 6 hours and she hadn't even got a matron of honour. I stared at Elena, there was nothing else for it.
“Would you like to be matron of honour?” I asked. Elena's eyes widened, a grin spread across her face.
“Of course I will, thankyou Sonic!” she exclaimed, jumping on up and down
“I better tell Amy the good news” she replied and she dashed off
“See you tonight!” she called back.
I took a deep breath and soon headed home. Time seemed to pass very quick. Nothing much has happened apart from a phonecall from Shadow telling me Knuckles had a serious hangover.
XXX
It was now two hours until the moment arrived. I put on my suit. It's the usual traditional suit. Black trousers black jacket, white shirt. I placed a flower into the jacket pocket. I even needed to remove my prized snickers for black shoes. Tails arrived within an hour, wearing a similar outfit to mine
“I got something to show you outside,” he exclaimed excitedly. I followed him outside.
I looked at what Tails was pointing at and my mouth fell open. There in front of me was the X-Tornado but not as I've seen it, it had been decorated with pictures of me and Amy and had congratulations banners attached to the back.
“Wow, thanks Tails” I remarked. He got in the X-Tornado and we flew away.
We arrived in around 10 minutes.
We walked into the room. Nobody was here yet. Candles lit the room all the way around. I walked down the middle of the 2 sets of chairs and saw the vicar, a ginger dog, standing on a stand. Holding a book in his hand.
“You must be Sonic” smiled the dog and gestured to the 2 seats at the front on the left seats for me and Tails. We sat down. This was it, my heart was beating fast. I tried to look so nervous.
Soon the guests started arriving. Knuckles made it, although he was rubbing his head occasionally. Shadow, Rouge, Cosmo, Cream , Vector, Espio, Charmy, Jessie,Iesha and Elena all arrived.
Charmy was buzzing around in excitement and Vector, sitting next to him, had to tell him to calm down at least 5 times. I looked around at guests, all smiling at me. I then noticed that somebody was missing.
“Where is CJ?” I asked, Tails gestured to the doorway where they all came from and I saw 2 shadows on the floor. My heart skipping several beats.
The music began to play as Amy and CJ turned the corner. Amy looked absolutely stunning in her white dress, which trailed behind her. A white tiara on her head.
I stood up as she slowly walked down the aisle, a big grin plastered across her face. Everyone was staring at her as she walked past them. She eventually reached me
“Isn't this great Sonic” she whispered excitedly.
I merely smiled at her. The music stopped and the vicar spoke
“We are here today to witness the marriage of Sonic the hedgehog and Amy Rose” he declared
“If any have any reason why these two should not marry, they should declare it now”
The room fell silent. Apart from a burp erupting from Knuckles' mouth. A few people giggled
“Right” interrupted the dog and he broke into a speech about the importance of marriages.
“Right Sonic, repeat after me. 'I call upon the person here present”
“I call upon the persons here present” I repeated. I felt terribly nervous. My stomach was in knots. The vicar continued...
“To witness that I Sonic the hedgehog take thee Amy rose to be my lawful wedded wife”
I repeated this phrase then came the bit where he asked me I would love her, honour her, protect her and care for here etc as long as we both lived.
“I do”
Then Amy had to repeat the same words but with the names reversed.
Tails the stood up and produced a cushion, which had two gold rings shining in the centre.
I held Amy's hand, took a ring from the cushion and placed it on her finger. She placed her other hand to her mouth, her cheeks going very red.
Tails then walked over to Amy, she took the remaining ring and placed it on my finger.
“ I now proclaim you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride” announced the dog.
Amy squealed, threw her arms round me and we kissed. It felt really great, although I could feel my cheeks going red and there was a long 'awwwwwwwwwwww' coming from the guests and I could see flashes of light from cameras.
“This is the happiest moment of my life” declared Amy. My stomach couldn't take any more
“Amy” I muttered “I think I'm going to be sick” and holding my hand over my mouth I ran outside and reached the bin just in time. Tails shortly appeared holding a glass of water.
“Just nerves” I replied, then Amy appeared
“Are you all right Sonic?” Amy asked
“Yeah just nerves that;s all” I replied, going red again.
All the guests then came out
“Time for some pictures!” squealed Amy and all the guests gathered round behind us. A squirrel appeared and took some photos and took some photos of just me and Amy.
Right then time for the party, declared Amy and we went round the corner to a hall. We approached a door and entered. There was food everywhere and there was banners all over the place. This was going to be one big party.