Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Forgiveness ❯ History ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Yu-gi-oh, the first series wouldn't have consisted of Kaiba-bashing filler eps. I read the summaries.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

`Mmph… since when have I had a pet?… I don't. So what's lying on my chest and licking my face?' Kaiba opened his eyes to see a satisfied Yami pulling back.

"Good." He whispered. "You're finally up. So?"

He was asking about last night. Kaiba closed his eyes, searching for words.

"Don't tell me you regret it now?" Yami's voice was joking, but under it, echoing through the link, was that same despair Kaiba never wanted to see in him again.

---No!--- Words weren't enough. He needed Yami to Know… He opened his mind and memories completely.

A mental laugh, and Yami snuggled up against him again. --That good, huh? Pretty decent, after however many years of no practice. Of course, it's not like you have anything to compare it with.-

"What?" Kaiba was confused, but now that he thought about it, who was Yami, anyway? What was he doing in a puzzle?

"What do you mean, what?" Yami was confused.

"I mean… who are you? Where did you come from, besides the puzzle? If you're part of Yugi, why are you separate?"

Yami thought. "I've wondered that for a long time. I have some theories, but… one possibility is that I was created by the puzzle from Yugi. He wished for a friend when he solved it, and who better to care for you but yourself? I have knowledge, of magic and… other things…" He said, smirking and bending down to kiss Kaiba quickly. "But, that knowledge could merely have been placed in me by the puzzle. However, if I was created from Yugi, wouldn't we have the same personality? It's not just my whole ends-justifies-the-means thing, that could have been my design as a guardian, but why would the puzzle make me like looking good? Yugi doesn't care about his appearance at all, as I've told you."

"I'm taking you out clothes shopping." Kaiba grinned.

"Well, you actually want do to something nice for someone? You've really changed, Kaiba. I love it." Yami was smiling up at him, all melancholy long forgotten. But still…

Kaiba could feel it. That draw, that pull. Like a magnet, but not knowing what direction to pull it, now that their link was gone. Yami's soul was crying out for Yugi. `Still, it's a triumph to make him forget about it even for a little.' He nudged Yami. "Go on, back on topic."

"Oh. Well… I'm part of him, but I have a different personality, which means different experiences… I think I'm what's left of a past life. Either I was awakened from within Yugi's subconscious by the puzzle, or I was sealed within it, which is a little more far-fetched, not that this whole thing isn't far-fetched, but seems more…right, somehow. It would explain why I went dormant when Yugi didn't have the puzzle, and why I'm awake right now. If I existed solely within him, you wouldn't have gotten me, you'd have gotten your own guardian."

"You are smart. Where's the puzzle from?"

"Yugi's grandfather told him it was found in the tomb of a Pharaoh and everyone who found it died cursed deaths. But I have difficulty believing all of it, he does have a tendency to weave stories… being a pharaoh sounds right, but it could just be my pride talking. I have no idea."

"Cool. So you rank me, huh? That's a first."

A laugh, and bending down for another kiss. Kaiba opened his lips eagerly, determined to win this battle. Their tongues curled around each other, wrestling, until Yami had Kaiba's pinned to the roof of his mouth. ---No fair… you've got way more experience at this than me.---

--But won't it be fun getting that experience?-With a laugh, Yami drew away.

Kaiba glanced over at the alarm clock. "Five fourteen?! I should be dead tired! What did you do?"

Yami slid his head under Kaiba's chin and yawned, getting comfortable. "I'm loaning you some of my energy so we could talk. You don't mind, do you?"

"Loan?"

"No, not really. Don't worry, you don't have to pay it back. I haven't ever been tired. I live off the puzzle, anything that could deplete it's energies would already have killed me, so being tired is probably not something I will ever experience for myself."

"You yawned."

"I said tired, not sleepy. Sleep is nice… it's what I do most of the time, so I am not spying on Yugi." Kaiba could sense him grinning. "And I can't let my love be too tired to get up, after staying up late because of me…"

Kaiba sighed. He didn't want to ruin the moment, but now was the best time to bring it up. "I'm taking the puzzle to school today."

"If you want to wear it, it's nice you want to stay connected to me, but if you want I can make it so that no one sees the puzzle who isn't looking for it. That way you won't be embarrassed by wearing it. It is rather gaudy, isn't it?"

"Understatement of the century."

"Millennium."

"What?"

"It's a Millennium Item, hence…" Kaiba could feel a brief smile, but it was almost fake. Yami knew what was coming.

"I'm going to try to get you and Yugi to talk today." He said abruptly.

A sigh. "I don't think he'll want to talk to me. Could you give him another day, to cool down?"

"No. It's best we get this over with. You can't avoid him, Yami. You need him and I bet he needs you. Little twerp like that needs all the people looking after him he can get."

"Kaiba!" Yami pulled back and death-glared him. Kaiba laughed.

"Well, that aside, he's only half a soul too, right, so if you're missing him this much, and don't deny it, it must be worse for him. He's not as strong as you are." A smirk.

"Kaiba…" Annoyed, but loving.

"I just need to you to promise me something."

"What?" Yami cocked his head. God, did he have any idea how cute he looked like that? He probably did, this was Yami he was talking about.

"Promise me you won't let Yugi break the puzzle." Kaiba said in a rush, looking away.

A hand stroked his face. "Kaiba…" --Don't worry. I won't abandon you. I said I loved you, and that means I would never be parted from you if there was anything I could do to stop it. I swear it. Even if Yugi takes me back, I will still be with you. I love him, but… I promised myself to you first. I don't know if he even loves me back, or ever could after what I've done.-

---Shhh.--- Kaiba pulled Yami to him. ---He'll forgive you. Just… how could he not love you back?---

--Kaiba, I love you both. I always will. But if he can't share me with you, than I will stay with you. I would never leave you alone and abandoned. Trust me…--

---With my life.---

--You still say that, after…--

---We went over this, didn't we?---

A laugh, relieved. -You're amazing, Kaiba.-

---Took you long enough to figure it out. We've still got…--- Kaiba glanced over at the clock. ---About half an hour until I need to get up…--- He trailed off questioningly.

A laugh. -Not enough time to finish up. And I wouldn't want to get you all worked up and have to wait until school got out. That would be MEAN.-

---Then get off me before I molest you!---

VAVAVAVAVAV

(The previous day)

Yugi woke up. He felt… horrible. Alone, frightened… He reached over to the nightstand, but it wasn't there. The puzzle wasn't there. That's when he remembered. `Spirit…Yami. I didn't even ask his name in all the time I had him…'

He shook himself. `And I don't care about the name of a murderer!' His eyes widened as he remembered the dream. `How did he do that? I don't have the puzzle anymore, and I can feel that… he's not there, there's no connection. So how could have he have… He must have found someway, that's all! There's no way I feel about him like that, after what he did…' But he found himself remembering the kiss and how good it felt…

He jumped out of bed, and took a cold shower. `Find something to do, so I don't think about… things. Maybe I should go to school… it's a little late, but Grandpa can write a note for me… I have to get to Kaiba. Got to convince him to give me back the puzzle so I can break it… What did the spirit do to him? There's no way he'd have done that on his own, why would he care?'

`The spirit did save him and Mokuba…' A traitorous voice in his head replied.

`But he nearly killed him! He should be grateful to me, not Yami!' He thought as he rinsed his hair.

`Oh, so I'm finally admitting he has a name? All this time, I've treated him like property. Even after I knew he was a person, I still just expected him to bail me out without even a word of thanks. I'm such a jerk. Doing something like that to a friend… but he's not my friend… but what else do you call someone who keeps saving you? Who is always there for you? I wished for a friend on the puzzle…but he's a murderer! But Pegasus did all those bad things…'

Yugi shook his head. `I can't forgive him! I can't just let him get away with killing someone! No matter how much I want to… was he telling the truth? Does he really love me? It felt like it when he kissed me, but if he loved me, he'd have let me kill him, not made Kaiba… but what if Kaiba did it on his own?'

`I'm just finding excuses for him. He's a murderer! I can't forgive him no matter what! I have to stop him! I can't let Kaiba get used like I was!'

`But who was using who?'

"Aargh!" Yugi yelled, and beat his head against the side of the shower. He slowly sank down to the floor, and that's where his Grandpa found him crying.

"Here, Yugi. Here's a towel. How about you get back in bed before you catch a cold."

"Yes, Grandpa…"

"What's wrong, Yugi?" It was the wrong thing to ask.

"What's wrong? The spirit from my puzzle is a murderer and Kaiba has the puzzle and what is he doing to him, and I need to get to school and convince him to give it up but I don't know what I want to do anymore! I want to forgive him, but I know I can't, mustn't . He kissed me! And I liked it! I'm not supposed to like being kissed by a murderer! But he did it to save me and you and Kaiba and Mokuba, and he's right, I wouldn't have been able to save you alone like you said in that dream…" Yugi collapsed into his Grandpa's arms, sobbing again.

"What? You mean… most of the time I was trapped, I was just alone in darkness, but I remember seeing you, and speaking you, and telling you to trust in the puzzle…"

"That was real? I thought he sent that to get me to forgive him…"

"No, it was real. Yugi… did I ever tell you how I found the puzzle?"

"Huh? You found it? But I thought you said these archaeologists did, and they all died…"

Solomon laughed. "No, that was just to try to freak you out. Didn't work though."

"No." A little laugh, but it soon petered out into soft sobs.

"I found it. When I was younger, I went to Egypt because I heard about a tomb that no one had survived. I made it inside, and figured out the traps, but one of my guides died because he did things wrong, and the other shot me to get the treasure. We were on a walkway over a pit, and I nearly went off but I managed to grab the edge…but a monster came out of the walkway and ate him, and then… I saw someone. He looked like you, and he was about the age you are now, but he was dressed as a Pharaoh, and he held out a hand to me, and said, `I've been waiting for you, Simon…' And when I woke up, I was lying on the walkway and I took the box with the Millennium puzzle in it and I left."

"Yami…" Yugi breathed.

"When you were eight, I saw the resemblence to the young man who saved me, and gave you the puzzle. I knew you were meant for it. And I knew you could trust it." Solomon stood up. "Come on, let's get you to bed. I'm sorry I can't carry you anymore. Just rest up today, Yugi. I'll make you pancakes. You'll feel better tomorrow."

Yugi kept quiet. This story… Yami had saved Grandpa? Twice? He still didn't know what to do. He wanted to forgive Yami. Every bone in his body, every thought in his mind wanted him back, except one.

Yami had killed. No matter what excuses he found for him, that fact remained. No matter what, he needed to destroy him. No matter how many times Yami had saved him, or whatever else he had done in the past. Yugi swore to himself he would.

The decision made, his eyes narrowed. He felt better. No more doubts. He would take apart the puzzle. It had been a mistake to work so hard on it. Yami had no place in this world, and he would just have to leave.

He ate, the pancakes were good, and he went back to sleep. He needed to be ready for tomorrow.

Deep within him, he was screaming.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVA VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Pharaoh Atemu's Angel: Here you go! Yugi finally! And thanks for reviewing on Mediaminer too.

Anubiset: Thanks!

Yami=Uber-Seme: I hope you were satisfied.

Y-n-Y: Here you go! Everyone loves Yugi!

LadySaturnGirl: Thanks! And I just don't want to lose all my reviews.

Swtdreams07: Really? Two more lemons this story. Hope you like them too.

Sasameyuki: Thanks!

Kawaii Chibi Yami: I agree, thanks and here you go!

SilverWing147: Are you alright? Sorry about the overload!;)

Silvershadowfire: And favorite authors too! Thanks! And are you reading ahead? Next chappie!