Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The XX Factor ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! But I do own the first two uncut DVDs. Did you know the Great Moth sounds like a frigging donkey when it's emerging? And Yami makes this `OMGWTF??' face when it does. I think I would too.
A/N: Sorry for the delay folks! I was spending time with the family and doing some research and whatnot, then I had to take my daddy to the hospital on Monday for a procedure. He's good now, but I didn't really feel like working on my story while I was worried about him.
Also, when I was explaining in the last chapter, I didn't mean to single out anyone. Sorry if I sounded in a snit.
----------------------------------------
Seto and Joey finally managed to head down and get a marriage license, but decided on using their actual ceremony date as their official wedding date rather than this day.
Nevertheless, today was still memorable. Mokuba served as a witness and Joey actually wore a dress. Of course, that didn't mean the blonde wasn't cursing enough to make even a truck driver blush. Seto had reasoned that it would draw less attention to Joey's condition if he played the part of an actual female.
Mokuba tried to cheer the agitated teen up when he gave a genuine compliment on how nice Joey looked. Joey had worn a strapless white top with butter yellow speckles and a white ribbon around his waist with a matching butter yellow skirt that went down to mid-calf. He had opted for some comfortable sandals since his ankles were beginning to swell from standing too long at a time. Joey refused to wear makeup though, but he still looked fine without it.
The boy's encouragements helped Joey relax some at least. It was only about an hour before they walked back out, now legally husband and wife. Joey and Seto celebrated in their own way once they returned home, then spent the rest of the day just relaxing with one another. Seto had taken more time away from work to focus upon his partner and their unborn child since he knew this was a rare opportunity.
They would often just curl up on the couch together until Joey would eventually nod off for an afternoon nap. While the shorter dozed peacefully, cuddled against his husband, Seto would quietly admire the sleeping form against his chest. Idle fingers would often comb through golden tresses before soft kisses were placed on exposed flesh tenderly.
Joey's naps became regular and his cravings and nausea finally calmed down. His pregnant belly began growing at last and finally enough weeks had passed for the couple to find what they were having.
Both were anxious to know, but had gone into a rather lengthy discussion if they should ruin the surprise or not. They certainly enjoyed the thought of being surprised at the delivery, but knowing what sex the baby was before it came would definitely help in preparations. After weighing the pros and cons, the finally decided in seeing what sex their baby was.
Dr. Kokoro once again smeared the gel across Joey's belly and ran the ultrasound probe over the swell.
"Alright then.. Your baby is looking wonderful, Joey. The size is just right and the heartbeat is strong... Okay, here we go.. Would you like to know the sex of your baby?"
Giving a glance to Seto and receiving a gentle hand squeeze of reassurement, Joey once again turned back and nodded nervously, “Yeah..”
The doctor smiled and nodded before moving the probe to get a clearer picture, "There we go, see that area right there? You're going to have a little girl, Joey."
Tears of joy spilled down his cheeks and he pulled Seto down closer. The brunette leaned in to place a loving kiss upon Joey's forehead, then a joyful kiss upon the lips.
Joey whispered in a hoarse voice through his tears, ".. It's a little girl.."
Seto closed his eyes and smiled softly as he rested his lips against his lover's temple, "Our little girl, Joey."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was only a few days after the ultrasound that Joey dropped by the game shop to see Yugi and tell him the good news. Solomon was the one to welcome Joey in and walked him into the house to find the other two. Yami was busy reading a book while Yugi was scribbling away on some paper and looking through some books scattered around him.
"Yugi? Joey's here to see you," the elder Mutou smiled.
Yugi looked up from his work and broke into an excited smile before jumping to his feet and hurrying over to his friend. Joey flinched some, but Yami called out to his light before he could glomp the blonde.
"Aibou! Watch out for the baby!"
Startled, the little one did a double step and tripped over himself to land on the floor at Joey's feet. He looked up sheepishly as he rubbed his head.
"Sorry, Joey.. I just haven't seen you lately.. Everything okay?"
Joey smiled warmly and nodded, "Ya could say dat.. Uh, mind if I sit down?"
Yugi scrambled back to his feet and nodded quickly before leading his friend over to the couch and letting him get comfortable beside him, "Would you like anything, Joey?"
".. Could I have some grapefruit maybe?.. And some pickles, please?"
The smaller duelist scrunched his nose up, "Grapefruit and pickles?.. Well, all right, if that's what you really want."
Yugi went to stand, but Mr. Mutou waved him to stay seated, "Don't worry yourself, Yugi. I'll go fix Joey's plate while you stay here and visit. I'll only be gone a moment."
When Solomon left, Yami came closer and sat upon the couch's armrest behind his other half.
"So, Joey, tell me what's been going on! I miss not seeing you at school. Everybody else misses you too."
"Well, I've got a lot ta tell ya about, Yug.. First off, don't be mad an' let me explain everything first. Well, Seto an' I were talkin' about gettin' married, ya know, and we decided first ta just get a license.. So.. I'm legally Joey Kaiba now."
"Wow! Really?!.. But why didn't you tell me soon--"
"Now, I ain't done yet.. But da only reason we did what we did was so dat we could be official. We're waitin' for after da baby, then we're gonna change me back an' we're gonna have a regular ceremony.. Since we didn't have everybody in da first one, we're gonna make sure dat everyone can make it for our real one. Understand now?"
Yugi relaxed and began beaming happily again, "Sure thing, Joey! That sounds great!.. Oh! But I forgot to ask how the baby's doing."
Joey started glowing himself, "Well.. I got some good news on dat too.."
"Oh?"
Leaning back and placing a hand upon his swelling stomach, the blonde teen smiled gently, "We just had da latest ultrasound da other day an' we found out dat we're gonna have a little girl."
Yugi bounced forward, sitting on his knees, then leaned in excitedly as he stood on all fours, "Really?? Joey, that's awesome!!"
Yami chuckled a little as he basically ended up with his other half's rear right in his face. He patted the bottom with a gentle hand to get the little one to sit back down.
"Yugi, I'm sure Joey would like his personal space and, as much as I appreciate the view, I'd rather not have a backside in my face at the moment."
Yugi sat down with a squeak and blushed brightly, "Yami!"
Once more, Yami chuckled, but looked over his light's shoulder, "Congratulations, Joey. And give my regards to Kaiba as well."
"No problem, Yami."
Solomon appeared again with a plate of grapefruit slices and pickle spears for their guest. Joey happily ate, not seeming to mind the sour taste of the fruit and the saltiness of the pickles in the least. While he ate, they continued to chat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ngh.. Uhn... Nghh.. Ugh!"
"Joey?.." Seto yawned wearily as his partner continued to toss and turn beside him, "What's going on?"
Joey sighed in defeat and discomfort as he laid upon his back, "I can't sleep.. I can't get comfortable without worryin' about da baby and I have this horrible heartburn.."
"Maybe if you'd stop eating those disgusting concoctions.."
Pushing himself up, the blonde narrowed his eyes angrily at his husband and debated on hitting him, but decided that it would take too much energy. Instead, he decided to play a guilt card. He turned his head away and started sniffling.
"Fine! I mean, I'm just carryin' yer baby after all.. Dat's nothin' special at all. It doesn't seem ta be, I mean, if yer still insultin' me an' all... I guess I'll just go out on da streets, all alone, an' go get somethin' ta eat in peace since it bothers ya so much.."
Seto sighed loudly as he laid an arm over his eyes, then turned to face the back of his pouting lover.
"Joey.. Don't be like this, please.. You know the doctor said this was going to be natural after all."
"But ya still have ta put me down while I'm in pain.. Not very grateful fer what I'm doing fer ya.."
Another sigh before Seto sat up and wrapped an arm around the shorter's waist, "Joey, don't be angry with me... Just tell me, do you want me to bring something up for you?"
".. A chocolate milkshake?"
The brunette smirked a bit, but nodded, "Should have known. Let me go tell the cook to make one for you. I have something for you that was supposed to help with the baby, but it might help you now."
Seto slid out of bed, tied a robe around himself, and put on some slippers before making his way through the darkened mansion. He returned almost ten minutes later with a milkshake in one hand and lugging a large, white object in the other.
"First things first, here's your milkshake."
Joey took his treat gratefully and began sipping the frozen drink before motioning with his head towards the item Seto was carrying, "What's dat?"
"This is a special pillow, actually, that helps pregnant women. It makes it easier for them to sleep on their backs or sides more comfortably, but they can also use it to sit up while they're feeding.. The doctor said that if you start having bad heartburn like this, you should start sleeping while sitting up. This should make it more comfortable for you at least."
Finishing up the last of his milkshake, Joey licked his lips and set the glass aside. The coolness of the ice cream helped to soothe him some now as he moved to let Seto wrap the large pillow around him to prop him up in an incline. Joey snuggled into the softness and let out relaxed sigh.
"Mmm.. This is much better. Thanks, Seto."
Seto climbed back into bed and placed a chaste kiss upon the other's forehead, "Glad you like it. Now try and get some sleep."
They both settled back down and drifted off to sleep. Seto was awakened one more during the night by Joey. This time, it was from his snoring from being in a deep, restful sleep.
".. This is going to be the longest nine months of my life..."
-------------------------------------------
A/N: Aww, so they're going to have a little girl! I know some of you were wondering what it was going to be.